Whats with capeshitters and they hate for everything that is remotely serious and isn't made specifically for...

Whats with capeshitters and they hate for everything that is remotely serious and isn't made specifically for manchildren and 5 year olds? Pic related is objectively the best superhero of all time and its dark as shit compared to your iron-mans and thors.

Attached: 63436463.jpg (1920x2560, 923K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/28792404
youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Something about this film doesn't stand up to repeated viewing. Something about the dialogue being strangely inhuman and the shit ton of plot holes and contrivances that allow Joker's machinations to even work.

TDK:R was even worse in that respect, but at least it had unintentional humor that makes rewatching it worth it.

Depends on what you see as capeshitters. I feel like only people who aren't into comics criticise Nolan's and Snyder's approaches for being too "dark". Most people who do read comics know that it gets dark as fuck sometimes. I love MoS but I can honestly see why people would be upset over the movie not being lighter, yet I am annoyed by the fact that people are unwilling to give a movie a chance.
I also have to say that it's probably because the Disney MCU (everything post-Captain America 1) has brainwashed people into believing that quips are enough to carry a story. There is a clear deterioration ever since Avengers and mainstream audiences love it because they only remember the laughing part and not the story and character development. That's why everything that is different is seen as an outlier

>dialogue being strangely inhuman
I don't understand why people say stuff like this. Why is the concept of drama so foreign to people on Yea Forums and Yea Forums? Everyone who has seen classic movies should know that dialogue needn't be realistic to be good. It's not objectively good when people talk as they would in real life, how is this criticism?

>one of the most successful comicbook movies and actually was able to achieve a billion dollars despite not having any short of shared universe backing it
>hated
What?

To be fair, 80% of movies out there use plot contrivances and plot holes to make the story work

Not OP but I have seen people starting to bash TDK on a regular basis in recent months. It's always some stupid argumentation regarding stuff that happens in tons of goat-movies

Truth is "darker" movies are generally better than the ones lighter in tone, how many classics of cinematography do you know that are kiddie-friendly?

Attached: 1537374007661.jpg (949x678, 228K)

Not talking about TDK specifically but for example i remember people crying how Superman vs Batman isn't some fucking sparring with superman and batman smiling at eachother and joking 24/7. And now crying again with Joker

>Nolan Trilogy
>remotely serious
Just no. It is full of idiotic plot contrivances, asspull "technology" straight out of Adam We with a slick CSI polish, and completely silly edgelord "we live in a society" villains.

It is in no way serious film-making (for you).

Attached: Two_Face_(Nolanverse).jpg (499x357, 38K)

People were crying about BvS because it was a shitty boring movie.
Some contrarians here and there doesn't change the fact that TDK is one of the most successful comic movies and widely loved by most people.

Both Joker and Bane from the Nolan Trilogy are more memorable and remembered than any other villain, stay seething

>for example i remember people crying how Superman vs Batman isn't some fucking sparring with superman and batman smiling at eachother
Revisionist History.
People were upset because Batman was turned into an Evil Cunt for conflict, and Superman was too autistic to say the sentence or two that would have prevented the conflict, and both were idiotically manipulated by Luthor's stupid ploys. The fight itself was none to great, but it was the premise of the fight that upset people.

There wasn't enough time to build up any sort of ideological dilemma or compelling reason for them to duke it out (and Goyer is incapable of that level of scripting anyway), so they went with Batman is SUDDENLY CAH-RAZY (and then not). Fuck BvS. And fuck you for your lies.

Attached: Batfleck3.jpg (852x479, 70K)

Joker is best remembered for the actor dying,
Banelet is remembered as a corny internet meme.

Attached: BaneBats.jpg (259x194, 9K)

It's not. This is a bad movie and you probably feel bad. Ledger gives a spirited performance as le random hobo anarchist man, that's it. The plotting overwrought, the dialogue written by a stainless steel Nordic robot, and the direction clunky and uninspired. It's for people that fill out the rest of their faves with Boondock Saints and American History X. Most other capeshit is absolutely better.

Bc a movie hit you over the head with how serious it is all the time doesn't make it true.

Im gonna have to call bs on that.
Any other cape villian?
>Magneto
>Thanos
Any other villain?!
>Darth Vader

Because it's offputting when the concept was a more "realistic" and "grounded" Batman yet the characters go on platitudes after someone asked what they fucking wanted for lunch. I can respect drama, but fuck off if you think that some people wouldn't find the dialogue a bit hammy.

The action stunk too, I guess.

But that was clearly made for manchildren, user, just manchildren who insist they aren't manchildren.

Attached: 1535593008188.gif (300x191, 1.32M)

I find it hard to take cape stuff seriously so when the movies try to be dark and gritty it comes out unintentionally silly. When they treat it like a comdey from the get go the theme fits the movie better.

I mostly dislike cape movies in general and prefer serious movies over them. Just not serious movies where the characters put on costumes and try to punch evil in the face. That's hard to take seriously.

meant SuperHero

>Magneto

In my normie place nobody gives a shit about him or X-men except for Wolwerine for that matter

>Thanos
>Avengers Infinity War release date, 2018

>I-I'm watching a big boy film, l-like Heat!
Grow up

There's a sweet spot for people who were 13-23 yrs old who thought the Nolanshit was something profound. Even Nolan thought it was silly shit but he needed the points with the Studio.

I remember when Batman crashed so he wouldn't hit Murderhobo with his bike, then lay their (something is bleeding?) while Joker did his gay dance over him. Such kino.

Attached: JokerJumping.jpg (240x320, 45K)

>Hurr Durr Batman has to be a murderous psychopath otherwise it's for kids, there has never been a complex Batman story where he doesn't kill anyone No Man's Land is for babies

Ah yes, Batman was clearly a fucking psychopath in the Nolan trilogy, bodies everywhere, you faggot

He did have this odd tendency to go on about never killing, then contriving to kill most of his enemies shortly thereafter.

>s-s-superheros are silly they have to be a comedy movie aimed at kids XD

eat a dick

The dialogue isn't too "smart" that it be becomes obnoxious, I'll give that award to The Social Network.

>The action stunk
The highway chase has better action than most of the MCU, its a textbook example of how to put tension in a film. The fact that it was all practical makes it even more impressive

>literally "serious mature Batman movie for serious mature Batman fans who don't want to read comics like myself"

Attached: 200_s.gif (269x200, 32K)

Just manchildren, I guess. We live in a society where not growing up is encouraged. Look at the most critically acclaimed and popular comics, stuff like Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns, that shit ain't funny and lighthearted, it's dark. Sometimes I think that if there was a vote put up, on multiple websites and in every LCS, the CCA would be reinstated.

Attached: 1352465003145.png (637x896, 790K)

The part of the Batman mythos that Nolan really nailed was how after defeating 5 criminals total within a couple years, Batman retires to skulk about the mansion, crying over lost love, while never getting his busted knee fixed. That was always such a cool aspect of the character. No nightly, unending war on crime, no responsibility, that was never what made the character. But his capacity to give it all up for a woman, a dead one, and feel so sorry for himself for years, alone and innefectual, *that's* the story of Batman.

And don’t even get me started on the pottery of him retiring a second time after giving a cop he just met the keys to his ridiculously well appointed armory and fucking off to the beach. I’m still moved just thinking about it. No one else can hope to understand the character like Nolan.

It's better to have an action serial with bits of humor and tragedy, made for fans of the comics,
Than some faux-deep nonsense directors cook up for a fanbase they consider retards.
Then have those self-same retards insist for years that they were treated to brilliant moviemaking of astounding depth.

This but unironically.

>dark movie is good and critically acclaimed
>OP: ...
>dark movie is shit and critically panned
>OP: why don't people like dark movies

>The highway chase has better action than most of the MCU, its a textbook example of how to put tension in a film. The fact that it was all practical makes it even more impressive
The chase in TDK was impressive for a superheero movie at THE TIME, and doing a car chase with practical effects is mostly a given unless you are doing some ridiculous Fast/Furios or Fury Road shit.
Tense practical car chases have been a thing since at least the 70's.

Isn't some of Social Network's dialogue is literally straight ripped from the real life proceedings?

Goyer's dialogue bothers me, way too much tangenrinetial shit that looks at its own navel and it just takes me out of it. It's like reading a 14 year old's poetry.

Christopher Nolan lost any claim he had to Batman when he wrote the line, "I'm not going to kill you, but I don't have to save you."

It's fucking Batman. BOTH OF THOSE THINGS ARE THE SAME TO HIM. That's like, the entire point of the character.

Attached: n-traincrash-b-20180925.jpg (1126x814, 859K)

>at THE TIME
Action in hollywood has gotten significantly shitter since then.

Critics tend to favor drama in general, regardless of the medium.

Attached: 30743895.jpg (400x400, 101K)

You don't own Batman, you are not the final say on what Batman should or shoudn't do.

vimeo.com/28792404

Nah. Was objectively shit. The only car chase I've seen done worse was the one at the beginning of Quantum of Solace. Nolan is terrible at action.

This. A dark movie could be good, but it would have to actually be good. Even without french waiter Bane DKR is riddiculous.

>The dialogue isn't too "smart" that it be becomes obnoxious, I'll give that award to The Social Network.

It was, it didn't feel like a real person was talking, but reading off of a script based on some PHIL101 student's paper. Believe it or not, that takes people out of it, especially when the fucking thing was marketed as being more grounded and serious.

>The highway chase has better action than most of the MCU, its a textbook example of how to put tension in a film. The fact that it was all practical makes it even more impressive

It wasn't, don't lie, action is the last thing people praise when they talk about the Dark Knight films, it is one of their biggest weaknesses.

Sorry, I don't enjoy 50 jump cuts for a 12 second scene filmed in a green screen.

It's idiotic to say "I won't kill you" when you've given your missile car to an ally and told him to blow up the tracks and kill everyone.

Choose any fifteen seconds from Fury Road and it's better than 140 minutes of The Dour Knight.

No, but collectively every comic book writer since Denny O'Neil does, and Batman doing whatever he can to save a life no matter who it is is like, the one thing they all agree on.

French Connection and the Road Warrior shit all over Nolan's car sequence, the only noteable action sequence in a film with laughably bad fight choreography.

There is no such thing as "realistic dialogue" because dialogue differs greatly depending on the people involved in it. I've heard some people talk and it was so over the top that you'd think they weren't real people, but they were. Furthermore, dialogue with 80% quips is way worse and takes you out because nobody talks like that and it's a desperate attempt to seem clever when in truth you just had nothing to say.

Fuck, I'll even take The Blues Brothers over TDK for car action.

No, it's idiotic to try to suck the poison out of a person's mouth after he swallowed an entire glass of it.

>I've heard some people talk and it was so over the top that you'd think they weren't real people, but they were
You know Wrestling is fake, right? And Trump is a moron.

>hurr I'm going to name the one exception
Nice going, retard.

Because modern day capeshitters are manlets who drink onions, collect funko pop, and complain about sexualization of female characters online.

>one exception
I forget how few actual movies Yea Forums watches.

>dialogue with 80% quips
I understand using hyperbole for effect but you need to tone it down.

I assume you named wrestling because you still watch it? People that like light hearted and fun shit usually do. No, I mean that even a lot of bloggers and critics and whatever that do interviews with comic book creators for various websites and shit, they're mostly weird as fuck. There's that guy that does that podcast John something, it's called wordballoons or something and he has the most obnoxious fake laughs ever, it's like he's trying to audition for the role of Joker.

Not idiotic to administer the antidote you've got with you though.

>'Hey, do you mind picking up lunch?'
>'Lunch? Do you truly understand why we have lunch? A long time ago, humans used to not have a word to designate the period of time of their meals. Have we become so regimented as a society, no, a species, that food is-berbaerleaibtleairbaelrawbillfbeahrbrrbbb'
>'Nevermind, I'll get it myself."

Like that?

That was a lot of typing to sound like a dipshit.

But you don't have an antidote, you have to suck it out.

This is going to turn into a Bushworld reference, isn't it?

You're doing great

I'm just saying that even if you only follow the comic book industry you'll find over the top people that in their own way are behaving normally. I guess I must have struck a chord and you are an autist yourself.

It wasn't a typical one car chases after another. You had effects like the Batmobile constantly crashing into and crushing other vehicles, tipping over trucks, and lots of explosions, all this coupled with the directing that made everything coherent. I also find the scene refreshing on rewatches, as every superhero movie nowadays relies on the heroes slapping the disposable army around for 20 mins (without any interesting choreography or cinematography to give it flavor)

/thread really

You think people conducting interviews about comicbooks counts as "how real people talk"?
Because that's an extremely niche section of people that is in no way reflected by the cast of characters in the Nolan movies.

I find it hard to believe that the same Zuckerburg in the Social Network (who constantly pulled smart ass one liners towards the people suing him) was also the same one that kept stuttering "Yes sir" or "I do not understand the question s-sir" during a senator call last year. The dialogue in The Dark Knight is balanced enough to not be too lighthearted (no Joss Whedon dialogue where the hero is self aware the villain or said villain keeps messing up his monologue) but not too self serious (there are a couple of jokes)

Huh, it reads kinda like Fiskposting.

>as every superhero movie nowadays relies on the heroes slapping the disposable army around for 20 mins
Tnats maybe 1 movie in 5. You need to turn the hyperbole down several notches.

And the TDK car chase scene is nice. Easily the most effective and competent action scene in the entire trilogy, by a good ways.

There are a lot of superhero movies since that have fight choreography that isn't obviously amateur, with people missing punch cues by feet and guys falling down randomly. We had a thread about such movies yesterday.

Capes are inherently riddiculous. They only really work when it's comedy.

Comics are serials, comic movies work best as adventure-serials with moments of levity and lots of exciting action.

Attached: Adventures_of_Captain_Marvel_(1941_serial)_12.jpg (1200x854, 212K)

I mean, a private hearing with 5 people, half of which you already know prior, is a bit different from a congress hearing. But yeah I don't doubt a lot of the dialogue was added.

The amount of jokes doesn't define whether the dialogue is self-serious. Whedon's quips don't make me forget how seriously he takes himself when everyone talks in "Loki means to..." or when he basically has a character wink at the camera to underline his "didn't see that coming" twist.
The same way Joker's magic trick and Batman's shitty one liners don't make me forget the tangerine speech or Joker's long-ass "tell don't show" rants about his motivations. Ironically Joker is completely self-aware as an agent of fiction, he defines himself as Batman's nemesis because he understands that's what movie superheroes need.

I'd say only Dr. Strange out of all the MCU (if we're not counting Daredevil but I don't want Peterson to ruin the thread) had interesting fight scenes. Civil War, Homecoming, Black Panther, and Infinity War suck in the action department, I still don't understand why the directors constantly use shaky cam when all it does is make everything hard to see. Ant Man had the potential to have some creative action but its wasted.

Yeah more or less. I find it impossible to take a character like Batman seriously so when they try to play him in a dark serious manner it seems even more riddiculous than when they embrace the silliness of a guy in a cape running around punching people.

Really you didn't like the 2v1 dam fight in Civil War?
And Dr. Strange's fighting is better in IW than in his own movie, where he's mostly potrals and whip guy.
>I still don't understand why the directors constantly use shaky cam when all it does is make everything hard to see.
It's hard to understand in CGI-heavy fights, I agree. I guess at this point Hollywood just thinks shaky-cam looks cool in and of itself.

First Ant-Man had some creative action, !& the Wasp sucked in that department though.

Not to mention Winter Soldier.
The elevator scene alone is an incredible fight.

>!& the Wasp sucked in that department though.
The car chase sequence where Wasp is fighting in the car is solid stuff. The fights with Ghost are so-so, but the fights against the arms dealers are pretty good.

That shit also suffers from moving camera, user.

Still better than what we got.

Yeah I guess that fight was good but mostly because it was powered by the character interactions (which is what the MCU films rely on), not because they were not doing anything cool or the cinematography had energy but that's not necessarily bad.

>Dr Strange in Infinity War
He was the only one who had any interesting movies that weren't just punch Thanos

Attached: 5679131-4932441975-56791.gif (400x224, 3.43M)

I find WS a bit overrated but as far as the MCU goes, it has the best practical fights in the bunch. Still can't touch a good Hong Kong fight in terms of clarity because they insisted on shaky cams and dutch angles despite the actors pulling the stunts great (as shown in making of footage).

youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs
The fuck are you on about?
The Batroc fight scene is also good (but short)

Why would an emotionally mature person want to watch a cape movie?

I am emotionally 16 years old and that is not going to change. I accept this. How about you?

There is no shakey cam in this fight.

Nah, it's generic as fuck, not any of the cool shrinked down angles from the first one, you just see her disappear and reappear in a normally framed shot instead of shit like Scott running from bullets seen from his size POV.

It's not Bourne-tier, but there is. They use it to accentuate movement and impact so it's better than your average shaky cam though.

People can watch more than one kind of movie.

Have you even seen this movie?
Because you are talking nonsense.

rapidly changing camera angles is not "shaky-cam".
No, the entire fight isn't from a single angle or outside the elevator, but the use of camera angles ramps up the tension.
Have tried not spending so much obvious effort hating on the MCU?

If you want a dark, mentally ill, and edgy Batman just read Moon Knight

He is a Jewish man who was destined to be a rabbi like his dad but left home because he didn’t want to. Then in his mercenary work in Egypt he came into the temple, got his mind infested by some Moon entity, and became an agent of vengeance. Alongside Konshu (the moon entity) which is another alter of Moon Knight these days, he also has multiple personality disorder. Steven Grant (one of his alters) is pretty much Bruce Wayne the philanthropic playboy. Then there is Jake who is the edgy side of him. It’s a crazy ride I tell you and you thought Batman was mentally ill.

Pic related is him ripping off the face of his arch rival.

Attached: E8BD49CD-07F8-4784-8BBC-74F79245A940.jpg (1400x700, 312K)

I have a couple of times. She just punches shit, shrinks, grows back, rince and repeat.

and then you say
Martha

Bale was a shadow. He was tired as fuck.

Thanos is obviously the most memorable now because normies eat piles upon piles of Marvel garbage.

Some Loki fan art would like to talk to you.

Attached: 6ACE3C33-2E87-4515-A13F-043151719F24.jpg (719x950, 403K)

>Thread about the aesthetics and tone of a superhero movie
>muh action doe

Fuck marvelfags

Unfortunately, Killmonger and Thanos have kinda overtaken that, I’m not happy about it either

Captain Marvel is a modern classic and good for all ages

Attached: 1553384794946.png (960x1440, 2.4M)

People tend to forget that Bruce, Alfred and Fox spend most of the movie quipping and yet use TDK as evidence for how going full grimdark and edgy is ok.

Probably because all around the world TDK is considered a masterpiece

And before anyone says I hate Batman and consider him silly I don’t. Both the Nolan trilogies and Batman v Superman was influenced by Frank Miller which is a damn serious take on the Dark Knight. See Batman has the potential to be a complex, dark, and booming with inner conflict. But does serious and dark really have to mean being a psychopath? I don’t think so. I’m just saying if think being psychopathic equals dark then Batman is not for you.

>aesthetics and tone
Nolanfags and Snyder fangirls always want to talk about everything but the script, action, choreography, dialogue...
It's always montages of blue and orange or Heat Legend dick-sucking.

Are you implying the dialogue in most non-dark superhero movies is ok?

>lets just joke around when the entire world is in danger shall we

Don’t compare Snyder to Nolan.

Lmao nobody gives a single fuck about Killmonger except for capeshitters but literally everyone knows the Joker

Attached: 7712646251.jpg (497x444, 22K)

Based

A lot of the films that try to be The Dark Knight end up be a worse version of it. Personally, I don't like Zack Snyder's movies, Last movie he did that I enjoyed was Watchmen, but that was probably because I was an edgy teenager at the time.
A lot of 'Light Hearted' Marvel movies flanderize characters and give them Weadon-isms. I don't think the first Avengers movie holds up in some places because of this.

You can't really compare literally who with nolan

>adults liking genre fiction

We're all man children here ...

Not him I like the dialogue a lot though it has moments of Rachel and "Spider-Man"

I love that Joker, honestly. I know Joker wasn't created to be somebody with a motive to do things but when the character became somebody planned so much for so long a reason became necessary to some extent, I mean, he became some kind of Riddler sometimes

>Hey, everybody...look at me and what I hate!!! Give me ATTENTION!!!!
Just keep making those hate threads, gayboy.

>reddit memes
>don't know the difference beetwen "serious" and "realistic"
Retard.

I don't hate the MCU, I like it. Camera shaking for no reason is shaky cam.

He always felt like he was trying too hard, but I think Joker is also one of the hardest villains to really do well.

Not him but I find DKR especially very hard to take seriously.

You're either false flagging or just an asshole.

>Pic related is objectively the best superhero of all time
Wholehearted agree with this though.

Oh-ho-ho. You cheeky bugger.

The only thing I think was a little exaggerated was his tic. The rest was great, and it was a very interesting story at that time cause it put the reality vs happy world story. In real life a good person is always at disavantage

You don't need effort to dislike a shitty story, I mean there is nothing wrong with liking MCU but the stories are straight up awful, especially Infinity War with bullshit like using an infinite source of resources to kill people because there is little resources or how the Titans could literally live in outer space and had space travel tech but decided to stay on their planet even after all resources were depleted.

Everyone point how they could leave but they forget the Titans could easily buy resources from other planets as well, Guardians of the Galaxy show that there is a strong intergalatic market everywhere.

>hate for anything remotely serious
Strawman, not worth answering. The real situation is a dislike of things that do it poorly or not in spirit of the source material, e.g. MoS, BvS, Fant4stic. People don't mind when it's done well, or if movies have levity, the latter of which Yea Forums autists dislike, and which TDK has a decent amount of
>dark as shit
Eh, PG-13 violence and pretty tense but I wouldn't call it dark, per se. The themes of the movie swing both idealistic and cynical.
>Objectively the best
Eh, kinda. Nolan's a good director, even if his dialogues (Dunkirk was made to avoid this) tend to be overly flowery. TDK was mostly a vehicle to get Inception greenlit, that said. The third act feels drawn out after Joker gets arrested, since the movie basically ends up having two major villain showdowns. It's not perfect by any stretch

>Titan had too few resources to survive on within less than thirty years
>Titan could totally have sent enough people offworld and had billions to spend on trade
God, this board is retarded. Pick one

>contrarians

It’s just online parrots repeating criticisms that they think sound right. For example: A couple years ago I was trying to talk to someone about BvS and she, almost word for word, repeated something that comedian Patton Oswalt said about the movie. After that I started to notice it a lot more people online parroting things they see in reviews, video essays, reddit threads, etc.

The current consensus is “comic book movies are for kids and shouldn’t be mature!” Because denying maturity is the cool thing in this new nerd culture. Movies like TDK or MoS go against that, and that’s why people have a hate boner for those movies now.
Mob mentality is prevalent. Unique thought is dead. Discussion about popular media is worthless. And I need to take a break from the internet.

Being self-serious doesn't equal maturity.

>Enough resources to keep the planet society working for decades
>not enough resources to power up some ships and make a quick travel
>somehow they couldn't sell their hyper advanced tech and use their god like biology to trade resources and services or even take it by force

>Cape movies should be dark/serious
Isn't new. Burton did it twice and Blade and X-Men found financial success with it.
People desperately trying to seem mature by saying "everything should be like TDK" led to godawful shit like Snyder's movies and Tr4nktastic. It was leading to dull, washed out, overly serious tripe based on comics that have used varying tones in 50-80 years and would have been homogenous and boring.
I like TDK but it has flaws, and no, not everyone likes the same shit. You're calling for the same mob mentality that you're deriding which is a hilarious facet of threads like these.

>He thinks a civilisation can't collapse within a fraction of the time it was stable
>He thinks that a collapsing civilisation where all but one person died was in a position to become a conquering army
>sell their hyper advanced tech
To what end, user? Having money to Rent-A-Craft instead? The entire planet wouldn't be supplied with fewer ships to use for trade

Is someone upset they didn't call the disaster that was TDKR "kino"?
Or how bad the fighting choreography in the series is?
Or how literally most of TDK's plot make no sense in any regard whatsoever, especially with how Batman's plan to save Havey from being found out as Two-Face goes at all?

Attached: 1504562750359.png (183x261, 53K)

>disaster

Attached: tdkr.png (739x312, 161K)

You know you're doing the same thing as the people you're accusing as capeshitters, right?

Also, wow, you're using the new RT format that clearly doesn't give you the actual top rating of the movie from critics.
Hint, almost all superhero movies like TDKR, outside some big exceptions had 7.5/10 ratings downards.

Attached: 1516198349628.jpg (772x580, 53K)

>He thinks a civilisation can't collapse within a fraction of the time it was stable
They they still had resources for decades, they could easily manage it until the recovered enough
>He thinks that a collapsing civilisation where all but one person died was in a position to become a conquering army
They where more advanced and stronger than 99% of the universe, Russos said that Thanos survived the Snap due to being a titan, something that other species couldn't do, this only show how fucking hard to beat they are.
>To what end, user? Having money to Rent-A-Craft instead? The entire planet wouldn't be supplied with fewer ships to use for trade
Other planets including earth would give a shitton of resources if they could get some of this extremely advanced technology, the Titans could easily save themselves though trade, conquest or simply fleeing the planet.

Iron Man 1 is just as good

>its another "batman is dark and serious" thread

Batman Begins is the best of the Nolan trilogy.
Try and change my mind

No, I just have taste.

Attached: 1551323259070.jpg (519x600, 76K)

Shoo shoo rebirthfag.

Read the source material sometimes bro. Scott Snyder wrote the definitive run on Batman and it's full of epic moments with Batman riding a megazord, fighting monsters, owl themed ninjas, secret societies and zombies. This is why I love comics. How can Nolan even compare to the randomness and moments of Scott Snyder's Batman?

>And now crying again with Joker
Where? Everywhere I'm seeing people are praising it.

Well it certainly has the best live action version of Joker we’ve gotten, Jack runs a damn close second tho

>implying you weren't arguing the opposite as little as 5 years ago

muh both sides!!!11!

Forgot pic

Attached: BM_Cv41_ds.jpg (500x769, 104K)

>brainwashed people into believing that quips are enough to carry a story.

But they aren’t. There’s more to MCU flicks than the jokes. You just hate “quips” so much it’s all YOU focus on when you watch those movies.

God forbid a fucking comic book movie is light hearted in anyway shape or form. The constantly complaining for jokes and quips blows my mind seeing how actual comic books are filled with jokes, one liners, gag panels, and quips.

>God forbid a fucking comic book movie is light hearted in anyway shape or form.
Kinda when 99% is the same shit but i guess thats on Mahvel and Disney for slaving their artists on making a billion of these a year

Depends entirely on the property. Batman and other stuff related to it should be serious, maybe even gritty. I think you can say the same for similar properties, like Daredevil. But when it comes to stuff like Superman, Aquaman, Shazam, they should definitely be lighter on the scale, to varying degrees, because that's what their fucking source material is like. Most of the best Superman stories aren't dead fucking serious and lacking in levity. Even when they generally have a serious tone, they're not afraid to have a few humorous moments here and there. Why? Because that's fucking Superman. Superman has always been 'fun' with a bit of a romanticist quality to his stories.

If anything, I'd ask why the fuck do people want EVERY fucking superhero property to be overly serious, gritty, and realistic just because that's the way Batman (sometimes, regarding the latter two) is. Why the fuck does every superhero have to be fucking Batman all of a sudden?

Daredevil was a swashbuckling hero until Frank Miller started writing him. Miller literally changed his personality to fit his stories and it worked. Any character is capable of having more dark or lighthearted stories, it all depends on the execution.

>it all depends on the execution.
Fair enough.

But I want people to understand that Snyder's shit WASN'T executed well. Quite poorly, in fact.