Who was in the wrong here?

Don Rosa? Disney? or the chiles?

Attached: Exotic chiles.jpg (1200x900, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnY_U9fuDt0
uproxx.com/viral/fan-favorite-uncle-scrooge-artist-don-rosa-isnt-taking-disneys-crap-anymore-quits-comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disney

Why does he feel he has to lie about it being the best-selling comics?

Everywhere but in the USA.

Do I need to pay for the chilies?

You know you do

Yeah I saw that, but that's a huge lie. What does he count, literally all Disney comics? Because otherwise it's not really anywhere close.
Does he mean the best-selling American comic outside of the US? I'm not even sure that much is true.
I mean it's popular but it's no Asterix or One Piece.

As a New Mexican, I can respect a man who grows his own chiles. Good shit.

I like his comics, but he is really a bitter old man. He was signing here in Finland recently, and would only sign the newest compilation book of his stories, not the older ones.

Fuck that cunt.

Yes, you do.

I'm not sure, what good is a chile whithout a tortilla?

>Does he mean the best-selling American comic outside of the US? I'm not even sure that much is true.
Asterix and One Piece don't have close to the amount of comics as Donald Duck. It's been a weekly since the 50s here.

I used to read asterix and obelix when I was a kid, no Donald duck tho.

One piece literally holds the guinness world record

Which version of Donald Duck? Again, what does he count?
Spirou has been running weekly since 1938, so it's pretty meaningless.

For one author ...

In my single tiny shithole of a country distribution of Donald Duck peaked in the 80s at half a million copies a week. In my country alone in 2015 way more than the 300 Million Donald Ducks had been printed, let alone world wide.

I'd be surprised if One Piece comes in the same order of magnitude.

Attached: Donrosa Chiles.jpg (720x960, 110K)

The trannies do this too by demanding you only show up with work that's been reprinted with their new name.

This industry can be grimy as fuck man. Some people just don't know how to appreciate a fan or purchase (just as some fans are grimy fcks and take advantage of free signings or cheap sketches to resell).

I don't know, but you should

>for one author
which is more impressive dumb ass

Aren't those anthologies with a variety of stories in each issue? Like Shonen Jump?
It's weird because DD doesn't make any list of best selling comics I can find, regardless of format, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to compile it.

he's at Phoenix Comicon a lot and he is pretty cool.

If you take a picture of his booth from other angles, he has some really good art prints on display. You can get one of them signed for probably less than some people charge just to autograph the shit you brought. I got my mom one with the Duck family tree on it.

Naturally he's not claiming responsibility for Ducktales because he didn't do them. Also, the comics are better. Well, at least before 2017 they were. Still, I'm surprised this place isn't full of Scrooge comic stans shitting up the thread and picking fights.

but I know because I was introduced to them by Yea Forums years ago, when someone storytimed a bunch of Don Rosa comics here while I was home sick.

>tranny discord dilation reeeeee
You don't have to go back to /pol/ but you can't stay here.

>Well, at least before 2017 they were.
What are you implying?

addendum: I think he knows he's more obscure in America than Europe, hence the low prices for prints.

and I believe the "big in Europe" claims because I've heard, right here on Yea Forums, all the urban legends about how entire countries grind to a halt for the half hour on Christmas they show that one Donald Duck special.

Not only but also, Donald Duck has always and will always be more popular than Mickey Mouse.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 7.05.49 PM.png (598x438, 214K)

>What are you implying?
the new DT is decent but I haven't seen the whole thing. It could still peter out. Or it could be the new Iliad. i won't know until I have time. I shouldn't even be here; I just woke up too early.

>Does he mean the best-selling American comic outside of the US? I'm not even sure that much is true.

That would be The Phantom, so not that.

Don't waste your time.

>Aren't those anthologies with a variety of stories in each issue? Like Shonen Jump?
Yes, but there's generally Donald Duck in every one.
>It's weird because DD doesn't make any list of best selling comics I can find, regardless of format, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to compile it.
Because the comics are localized, Donald Duck in the Netherlands isn't the same as Anders And & Co in Denmark, isn't the same as Topolino etc. They all used tons of local artists, they just share common mythology from early US strips.

It's not US centric, it's not weeb, it's not French ... so it gets mostly ignored. Still, Donald Duck is the most printed character in floppies in history. Only newspaper comic characters can compete in number of pages.

Disney has given this man fully creative freedom and credit for his work, and Don Rosa has the ego the size of Texas. His comics are nowhere near famous in Europe as much as Asterix or Lucky Luke.
Now take this with a grain of salt, but I was friend with a french artist back in the dA days (Crabamoustache) who knew him when he was working on his Duck series reprints, and said he was a giant douche, terrible to work with.

Context? Explain everything in this picture. Including the chili

Don Rosa hates Ducktales but loves chiles.

Attached: DCikTxTUIAApxIW.jpg (1099x834, 231K)

That was the old one before the remake came out, BTW.

The chiles, hands down.

>stans
fuck off back to where you came from

Nobody is in the wrong except for the people who ignore his sign and come up to him while sperging about an old cartoon.

Attached: EF3DA291-5FF1-448C-9AE9-5D051E59B37B.jpg (300x400, 19K)

There’s a NEW Mexico?

Yes. There is.

Nu-Cucktales is a fucking horrible show and I feel bad kids have to be exposed to this shit.

>someone spergs about ducktales in a Rosa thread.

Attached: 45A9C58A-5738-47DA-A3FB-0D91099D6B35.jpg (390x600, 44K)

>That would be The Phantom
not even close

Yeah, that's why he made the signs. People can call him bitter or antisocial or whatever for doing it, but you'd get pretty sick too if most of the people coming to your stand wanted to talk to you about something you had nothing to do with. It's like going up to Alan Moore having never read his comics and only talking about the movie adaptations he hates.

I can understand getting upset that people call the comics "Ducktales" when it's not, but I hope he realizes the success of the show helped people get interested in the comics who normally wouldn't have.

Yeah, he may be big in his new homelands, but he's no Donald.

Attached: JohanAndreasson_Kalle_Fantomen.jpg (1137x800, 457K)

What did Rosa say about "Legend of The Three Caballeros"?

He didn't see it. Because he's blind.

You have no Idea how successful is the Italian Donald Duck.

Attached: 1WPAPE453F_0.jpg (660x1000, 240K)

And I cannot wait to move back. If you want to smoke a joint at a bus stop with a sketchy dude you met five minutes ago, Albuquerque is your town.

I'd buy a signed print of Scrooge from him and then tell him I'll be putting it up next to my old Ducktales poster as I walk away.

Yes, but you pay in notes with a paragraph on how "Life and Times" was infinitely better than "Cucktales" written on them. Only then may you receive some of Don Rosa's hot, spicy, decades-festering fury made fruit.

I love his fanboy autism.

I met him he is an asshole

House tour time? House tour time.

youtube.com/watch?v=FnY_U9fuDt0

I don't know how anyone can hate Rosa after watching this.

Why is he so mad about Ducktales? He himself is writing fanfiction about stuff Barks wrote.

This place is a shithole. Even Rio Rancho is going downhill. I've never been somewhere with so many fucking face tattoo retards.
I miss Texas.

Attached: 1456068271904.png (645x580, 166K)

He is angry about DuckTales 1987 because it wasn't Barks&RosaTales.

I find it weird how hard he insists on Ducktales being for kids.

He's technically wrong about having virtually no similarity. But he's not wrong for not wanting people to ask him about Ducktales.

He didn't even watch one episode of the new Ducktales so he doesn't have much of an opinion about it.

I seeing kids not caring about cartoons and comics, that it is for our generation really

I have a vague idea, just seems weird for Rosa to say "this comic [that I am selling and signing here] is the best selling in the world" when he definitely has no hand in Paperino or Miky Maus.

he mad that Disney bought the duck comics, for some reason he thinks the duck comics are important and he should own them. I think he does even like drawing, but did to make money and for his autism love of the1930s duck comics.

Right but Ducktales was popular in the 80s and 90s, when the primary audience for Duck comics was absolutely children.

he is bitter asshole. He got fucked by Disney at one point they would not send him back his pencilings. He mad that he don't not have the rights to the ducks. But has convinced himself that he should have the rights, because he has been drawing them for years. He only hangsout with creepy fanboys that want to fuck him. I hate him many because he is not an artist, and dont not enjoy just drawing to draw. He would have been a successful Disney employee if he would lose the attitude

Texas is getting worse. The fags from the West coast are transforming the place. Austin has always been fruity, but it's spreading.

His feud with Disney wasn't about rights, it was about royalties. They were reprinting his books without paying him in certain countries where that was legal. So he stopped them from using his name on the books, at which point Disney just stopped crediting him.

I think he has a right to be a bit pissed off at Disney.

Alright, settle down there, Cletus

No, he gives them away for free after you shake his hand. The point of it is supposed to be a conversation starter and a hobby for an old blind man

>full credit
He doesn't even have the royalties for his own work. He had to trademark his own name so they won't rip him off

I agree with you on why his is pissed, but to stop drawing to show them up, is a CWC way of reacting. he can be mad and has a right to be mad but to act like a child over it and to go through life upset to the point you get in to fights at con with children over a duck comic is super autism

I thought he stopped drawing because he was going blind, not because he didn't want to

He charges $60 in cash for three 11x17 prints and one extra for free. He signs them for free. He'll sign any book for free (fantagraphics, not bloom) and draw a sketch in it for free as well. He was really pleasant when I met him.

to quote "Partly because his eyesight is failing, but also because Disney treats comic artists like crap. Hit the jump for Rosa’s not-so-rosy depiction of the “Disney comics system”"
so he is an autistic faggot

uproxx.com/viral/fan-favorite-uncle-scrooge-artist-don-rosa-isnt-taking-disneys-crap-anymore-quits-comics/

Is there a reason why Disney doesn't sell duck comics at the parks?

>DO NOT RESIST THE MONOCULTURE.

Diversity is more than just skin colour, you know.

in amercia they don't sell, don is a massive faggot with the rage of autism, he is a fanboy of the original duck comics and is forever butt hurt that disney own them. Is it about money, yes but think the orgnal 1930 ducks are the best, his furson is screw mc duck, he is a faggot king of autism

Rosa should be proud of how Disney treats him. After all, his depiction of Scrooge is one who abuses and cheats out on his own nephew Donald and treats him like shit. This mirrors how the Walt Disney conglomerate treats him, albeit far less evil than Donald suffered at the hands of Scrooge.
Any capitalistic megacorporation that doesn't wring out all the money out of its employee isn't truly American like Rosa.

Disney must have hit the bottom, if they now have to pay pinoys without a proper grasp on English in order to shill against a blind old artist.

This bait is getting increasingly obvious and desperate.

His own fault for being old and blind.

sir, I have limited grasp of english, but mostly I hate Don, I met the faggot, he is an ass-monkey

you're not wrong

Disney parks have European visitors

Disney corporate ignorance and indifference resulting from a long mainstream publication gap.
During the 80s and 90s, American Disney comics were more of a prestige collectors thing reprinting old stories and translated European stuff, operated by Disneyana turbo nerds at indie publishers that got the Disney rights called Another Rainbow and Gladstone. Disney tried doing their own "Disney Comics" publishing program to cash-in on the 90s Comic Bubble, but it only lasted a couple of years because whatever kid audience there was for comics was more interested in Sanic or whatever the fuck Liefeld was shitting out then lame mice and ducks.

Disneyland Paris would probably have been able to dig itself out of the hole it got stuck in if they put a Duckburg land in, but Disney corporate doesn't really comprehend how big the comics are over there. That Baby Duck commercial they put out last Christmas is the first time they've actually acknowledged Duck Comics in any park's advertising.

*block your path*

Attached: 01.jpg (2537x3488, 3.07M)

Trondheim does Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck? Wow.

Attached: 01.jpg (2550x3501, 2.16M)

nothing worse than bitter old person, you're suppose to mellow out as you get older. Bitter geezers should just do the world a favor and drop dead instead of taking their bitterness on the rest of the world.

Carl Barks > Marco Rota > Romano Scarpa >>>>>>>> Don Rosa

Prove me wrong. Pro tip you literally can't

Oh wow, Rota's still alive.

Yeah, he's only 76. That's reasonable.

Al Jaffee is 98. Old men live until it stops being fun, after which the body quickly checks out.

I don't think he's mad about DuckTales existing, just that congoers in the US keep thinking he's behind it when he had nothing to do with it.

Fuck right off, Rosa may be a weirdo, but he made Life and Times, and you can't sit there and say that Life and Times isn't the shit.

Didn't he say that he thinks Scrooge's characterization in the new series was OK? Like he still prefers the comics, but he likes the new series a lot more than the 80's one.

He doesn't hate Ducktales (in fact he apparently praised Scrooge's characteriation in the 2017 series) but he views them the same way comic book fans view the Superfriends. A cute way to get kids into it, but not the be-all-end-all.

In Europe, it's huge. I don't know if it's really the first in terms of sales, but Donald Duck comics are much more popular here than in the US.

>Life and Times
>anything but fanfiction
Yikes

>fanfiction

It's more canon than anything the Italians have done.

The chiles are never wrong

user, why'd you reply to him?

Attached: download.jpg (228x221, 7K)

>he wouldn't add resale value to the books where he was fucked over and paid nothing for his work
He was totally in the right, though. If you actually just care about his autograph then he'll give you one. If you want a book autographed get one where he wasn't completely fucked over, causing decades-old grievances. Don't expect him to autograph specific things just to add value to them for you.

>if I don’t like it it’s fanfiction
Buzzword hell.

I am European though.

it really depends on how much it sold in whichever countries. Someone will need to compile it together.

Don Rosa may be an asshole but you have fucking weak-ass arguments.

>Don't expect him to autograph specific things just to add value to them for you
Do you even know what autographs are?

we have an argument, what do you have ?

Rosa certainly does, with people having made more money from selling the books with his autographs than he saw from them.

He must like giving you guys a hard time. I see him every year at emerald city comic con and he seems to just enjoy the company. He'll sign and sketch just about anything as long as you aren't being an asshole or ignorant.

I think you mean
>>if not sucking his dick he will be an asshole

Can testify. Nowdays even Italian authors use the Life and Times as the canon.
>In the old Italian canon, Scrooge and Grandma Duck are siblings, and they adopt Donald after finding his abandoned egg somewhere.
>In another, hopefully unrelated, Italian canon, Gus Goose is Grandma's and Scrooge's son
The old italian canon is a mess

The ability to not look like an idiot

Attached: Don Rosa.jpg (690x666, 144K)

Amerigoblins don't care if somebody is famous in Yuropooristan.
Just like yuropoorians don't care that somebody is popular in South East Asia.

what a faggot

Agreed. Italian art styles may be interchangeable but always beat geometrical ducks. Can't stand that guys style to the point I actively avoid his stuff.
Look at this shit. It looks like a second grade mathbook threw up. His lines are so... straight it's actually disturbing.

IDW needs to release the first couple volumes of their Carl Barks collection. God damn that was a shitty editing decision.

Original New Mexico poster. Albuquerque, and the entire 505 is shit. The only reason I go there is in October for the AIBF. Bought out by Ted Turner and the fucking Scientologists, I laugh in the language of the Permian Basin.

Why?

Because Burgers are defensive faggots who take even joking criticism of their country as a personal insult.

>In my country alone in 2015 way more than the 300 Million Donald Ducks had been printed
what

Is it even criticism?

The moment someone comes in to your shithole country with an American flag, your queen has a heart attack and Palestinians start bombing everything. Don't preach this "lol overreacting" horseshit when Europeans get the most uptight over eating shit with wars between us and nationalism. You'll never win either.

Not really, but do you see what I mean?