Over the Garden Wall

Fall is already over, I hope you got your yearly watch of cartoon kino in.

Attached: file.png (1000x1500, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4
youtube.com/watch?v=pt_xUyJca-s
youtu.be/BpaRouocBes
youtube.com/watch?v=ymbxoCllRjM
youtube.com/watch?v=FUYIFN0aifk
youtube.com/watch?v=t3RO0UMsBss
youtube.com/watch?v=WmgTkkK-o_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=uREGk0fT0GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MPWSImUuieM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Fall
>Over
It has just started around here, boi.

Attached: 486e5b29ad75c33cd1b92744699054caf5d1853c.png (549x619, 57K)

it's spring here. our garden is blooming out the ass. I've pruned the trees and vines, and planted watermelons, tomatoes, and peppers. The last two sprouted yesterday. I'd saved some sugar baby melon seeds from last year, realized that they grown way too vasts and the vines are too fragile to move, so I tossed the whole pint of them into the tilled field. If we get a melon, so be it, but I'm not expecting much.

Tome of the Unknown is some good shit.

Attached: Fry_LG.jpg (730x451, 81K)

There should be a companion series to OTGW but set around spring. Not necessarily a sequel, or even featuring the same characters, but another miniseries but set around the springtime.

Fall is over? I'm suffering of extreme summer here.

Let's see what Mc Cracken would do with its interpretation of pinoccio. Maybe we got an spring cartoon.

Without McHale it wouldn't be comfy.

Where are you from? Murica?

Are the comics still going? I have Tome of the Unknown and volumes 1-3 of OTGW, but are there any more? I saw a while back a comic being posted of Wirt choosing between Beatrice and Sara, is that in the volumes I have or is that a new issue?

Get out of the Southern Hemisphere, crazy backwards man.

There should be OTGW type shows for all four seasons. I’ve wanted that since 2014.

>Are the comics still going?
Pretty much, but they aren't as good as the series.

I wonder how many times I've watched this show over the last 4 1/2 years.
Fifty seems too high.
Thirty feels too low.
Let's say 37.

Attached: the_woodsman.jpg (640x640, 51K)

Pinocchio is about Winter but near its conclusion we are going to see the Spring/Summer just like OTGW began in autumm but we saw Winter during the last episodes.

To support my opinion. McHale posted this song: youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4

Pic Related: Pinocchio burn himself in Christmas to fight the cold (he was freezing), in order to save his loved girlfriend Pinocchio climb a mountain to find a medicinal flower. This scene was genuinely amazing and I was impressed because his heroic behavior. Few scenes are as heroic as this one.

Attached: Pinocchio is burning.png (473x771, 557K)

Yeah, maybe it's spring but to be honest I don't feel difference, I'm burning myself here.

This is true.

Which season would you want the most? I'm partial to spring, mostly because I feel winter specials are overdone, and it'd be the natural opposite of OTGW. That being said, I'd take a mini for all the remaining seasons in a heartbeat.

That's a novel called Distillatoria. We will have another one in October, the name is Circus Friends, this novel will be about Wirt and Greg working with a Clown (Wirt simile) and a Strongman (Greg simile) to save Beatrice from an evil Showman who kidnapped her. It promises more fanservice about Wirt and Beatrice, a new reference to Divine Comedy, and a link to Pinocchio movie (if you watched Mokku or Piccolino no Boken you will understand the reference very easily)

Is woodsman your favorite character user?

Was there ever a link to it in the win-o thread?

People doesn't remember her name anymore but this little bird is Pinocchio's eternal lover and equivalent to Dante's Beatrice. Sometimes she is represented as a female bird and sometimes she is a girl.

Attached: pinocchio and his dear birdie.jpg (800x640, 91K)

What do you mean with win-o?

Hollow town is comfy but I feel that the characters aren't exactly IC. It seems like Wirt and Beatrice playing to be a married couple is going to be the new dynamic of the future comics. At least Hollow Town has the original crew, I missed them when they tried to replace Beatrice with Sara.

>after all these years of skipping/missing it, finally binged watched it January 2019
As a "vintage" Halloween lover, I haven't stopped kicking myself for taking so long to watch this.
How the fuck did CN just let this guy go, just to make subsequent comic books?! After the Emmy win, I would've thrown money at him.

I love you, conspiracyfag.

I'm glad the series was short, the pilot was poiting to something more prolongued, like AT.

Just Imagine a OTGW as big as adventure time, filled with lazy episodes, forced drama, autistic humor and bad developed plots.

Attached: 65e74f320d51e684031b4c45546e88c76672334a4869cf93b996a01cca3ff7ab.png (680x894, 237K)

Talking about these two.

Pinocchio considers Birdie his best friend in all the world, he deeply cares about her and he tries to protect her if something tries to hurt her. He can't stand to see her cry and if she does it he begins to cry too. Yet Pinocchio often makes her cry because his personality (he considers her too bossy and he ocassionally lost his patience with her). In Mokku of the oak tree Pinocchio wants to marry her when they grow up.

Birdie loves Pinocchio deeply, I don't know why exactly, apparently she considers him a good person, a funny guy and... handsome/cute? (according to a single dialogue). She isn't blind and she is fully aware of his flaws, she even enjoys to list them. Still she is extremely loyal to Pinocchio and she tries to help him even if other people abandon him. She is very bossy and often she complains about Pinocchio's attitude but if he yells at her or insult her because this she begins to cry. In Mokku she corresponds Pinocchio's feelings and she wants marry him.

Attached: Birdie kissing Pinocchio.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Sorry my friend but I'm not a faggot. And there is nothing about conspiracy here, McHale already commented that his new story is set in Winter.

>How the fuck did CN just let this guy go, just to make subsequent comic books?! After the Emmy win, I would've thrown money at him.

The reason behind it is that McHale's works aren't exactly exploitable from an economical point of view and he doesn't like to adapt his stories to make it more adequate for the new tendencies of the market, in fact he asks for a little more of freedom than most part of the authors around here.

McHale prefers quality over all the things and that's why his productions are very expensive (it was commented in the artbook that he wanted make 18 episodes but he ended producing 10 because he needed adjust the budget).

There are more reasons, but this is basically why CN doesn't want to produce his works anymore, he tried to sell Pinocchio to them but they rejected them.

McHale interpreted it as a matrimony with issues. With him being someone who feel trapped while he is constantly thinking about something... that I don't want to comment because... I don't want to spoil McHale's story and I don't want to be considered an extreme shipper... He wants to be free.

"I got not strings to hold me down. [...] I had strings but now I'm free".

Sorry if you were trying to make a compliment, I feel a little defensive today...

Attached: Pinocchio and the window.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

At the other side she doesn't understand why he is like this. As consequence she feels ugly and unloved by her husband. She feels less than... err... It doesn't really matter. She wants to feel more beautiful but she doesn't know that appareance isn't everything.

Attached: Birdie feels ugly.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

Based Southern Hemisphere bro.

Apparently they have a daughter who is even more grumpy and hermit than Beatrice and Wirt.

Attached: marley_giant_comet_moth-i__79676.1530235825.jpg (283x429, 21K)

Why OTGW threads are so lonely lately? It isn't interesting anymore if there aren't gays or something?

Because it's Spring here in Burgerland retard. OTGW is a fall cider, not a spring sangria. It's less special if you drag it out when it's not in season.

Man, this takes me back
youtube.com/watch?v=pt_xUyJca-s

I'm the highway man.

>dude you HAVE to watch this
>animation is good and there's a few good one liners but that's about it
is it the "comfy" factor which i really don't care for or is there something i don't get?

Attached: file.png (242x209, 54K)

You unironically may not be smart enough to get it.
There's a lot of deep symbolism beyond the surface level Divine Comedy

All jokes aside there's any number of things you may not like. It has its routes in Early American imagery so it may not click with a foreigner, or you may not like the character design.

the early american imagery is certainly a part of it, but do you mind explain some of the symbolism?
i admit i binged the series during some of my Graveyard shifts so i might have not been the most attentive

They're not all American but;
At the beginning of The Divine Comedy, where Dante's Inferno is from, a lonely poet wanders the woods, lost, before winding up in the afterlife guided by a beloved Beatrice
They needed 2 cents to get on the river ferry. You needed 2 coins to cross the River Styx to enter the Land of the Dead
The Riverboat and the Frogs are references to Mark Twain, the most celebrated American author who's later works shifted from Americana to more abstract and nihilistic works. Here's his views on the Devil youtu.be/BpaRouocBes
Aunty Whispers is a reference to Yubaba from Spirited Away, and the Schoolhouse is a reference to Richard Scary
Endercott's Ghost references Edgar Allen Poe and Da Highwayman is a throwback to early American Fleisher Animation. The Innkeeper is Betty Boop.
Pottsfield likely references George Washington Irving, specifically Sleepy Hollow
The Beast is a vague allusion to Lucifer, with the final stop of Inferno being an Icy Lake
They didn't enter the Unknown until they jumped over the cemetery wall. A Bone Garden. They went Over the Garden Wall.
The Woodsman references the myth of Jack O'Lantern, a man who tricked the Devil into getting stuck in a tree, and was forced to wander in the dark forever with only a Lantern to guide him

Plus way more

yeah, out of that i only got the divine comedy and the yubaba bits, and the literal over the garden wall joke.
i just know Jack o lantern as a generic halloween ghost and nothing more

Why are those potatoes growing on a tree?

also, side note, i didn't make the beatrice connection right away
my memory of the divine comedy is a bit fuzzy, but beatrice takes over to guide dante only once he reaches i think the end of purgatory/once he's in paradise.
vergil guides dante through inferno and i think he does a bit chunk of purgatory either alone or with someone else i can't remember.

Also dante's beatrice was not a backstabbing cunt but the literal embodiment of perfection because he had the hots for her

nope, $10 dollars on amazon but I think that isn't so expensive

This show actually demands attention man, you probably missed half the fun.

>All jokes aside there's any number of things you may not like. It has its routes in Early American imagery so it may not click with a foreigner
You know I can't see that Early Amercan imagery in OTGW neither. Could you elaborate it?

He's really fucking annoying though.

Attached: 1546150406037~2.jpg (243x394, 44K)

Schizo piece of shit.

Sure they talk funny and dress like pilgrims

Then why do you copy him?

For the past 2 years I've actually had a little viewing party for me and any friends who were interested. One year I projected it on a sheet in my backyard, and last year we just got comfy in the living room. Treats, pizza, beer, cider, and cozy fun with friends. It's really cool being the one to show it to people for the first time. I'm gonna keep the tradition going this year

Is that all?

The entire setting is very New England, especially the pumpkinheads episode. There's the Antebellum references in the steamship episode and all the songs are rooted in Americana. Shows haven't been this "American" since old the Looney Tunes

Keep that mood user you are doing it good.

Attached: 1494219565173.png (600x800, 59K)

>Also dante's beatrice was not a backstabbing cunt but the literal embodiment of perfection because he had the hots for her

You are transparent user

(you too)
OTGW isn't focused in american tales but European tales instead. The main inspiration behind the construction of most part of the tales are the brothers Grimm. Maybe there are some inspiration to the old cartoons but the culture represented in OTGW isn't exactly USA but European. There is a favoritism for Italy because McHale is fan of the opera.

Attached: Brothers_Grimm.jpg (666x888, 121K)

Aesthetics then and songs but the music doesn't seem rooted in Americana except for the frog's song perhaps

Other way around, nearly all the songs except notably the Beasts and the Frogs are not American but all the rest seem rooted in ragtime and gospel

>the culture represented in OTGW isn't exactly USA but European
what

I don't understand why you dislike the tales so much but the main goal behind your story is to replace the setting because you dislike the atmosphere and replace the original main cast because you hate Beatrice, I'm not exactly sure why, you find Greg very annoying and you dislike Wirt because he isn't a cool boy (Wirt is there yeah but you want to give him a new personality very unrelated to his original version), you want to give Sara's Beatrice role as Beatrice even when her name makes it clear.

It's weird but it seems like the only character that you genuinely like in the whole story is Sara and probably the frog.

Attached: A girl in love with a bear.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Thanks user! I also do viewing parties of Summer Wars in the summer, although this year I might do a different Hosoda movie or Angel's Egg if I'm feeling 2deep4u

I like theme/viewing parties...

Take one of my favorites ever

youtube.com/watch?v=ymbxoCllRjM

I failed again. I'm gonna try to explain myself. OTGW portrays a kind of culture which isn't necessarily American, there is a strong touch of European tales and it seems like McHale has a soft spot for Italy... I wouldn't be surprised if in fact The Unknown is setting in Italy. Back then there wasn't much a difference between American and European customs at least superficially.

Attached: grimms-fairy-tale-classics-1157.jpg (313x442, 71K)

Fall is starting here, so I'll be watching me some comfy americana

What is Summer Wars user? I'm a foreigner. I don't like Angel's egg that thing isn't comfy, it's weird and creepy, can you believe that it was created by the same dude who made this anime? (pic related)

Attached: Chad Pinocchio.jpg (640x480, 29K)

Isn't the Unknown a huge amalgam of different places and moments of time?

>it's weird and creepy
p sure that's the point senpai

Summer Wars is a favorite movie of mine. It's about a math nerd who gets roped into going to his crush's family reunion party in the Japanese countryside. While he's out there a virus takes over the world's ubiquitous social network and wreaks havoc, and he has to combat a digital threat while stuck in the middle of nowhere with a kooky ancient Japanese family. Great animation, great music, great plot and themes of family unity. I love this movie

Attached: 61N-jlUcInL.jpg (349x500, 65K)

It is, but to be honest I have noticed that this amalgam is composed mostly because minimal details while the BIG picture is almost absolutely European, I bet that if he had to decide to fit this place in a specific point of the world he would say Italy because this is the common point between Divine Comedy and Pinocchio. That wouldn't be weird because McHale is fan of opera and recently he has an inclination for Roma's Gods (used as reference), Italy is a son of Roma in modern times.

You're really fixated on pinocchio huh.

Ah Summer Wars, of course. Yeah I know it, my nephews showed it to me the last year. I liked it but I couldn't avoid to notice that this movie was heavily inspired by the anime movie Digimon: Our War Game, it talks about an intelligent virus which is invading every computer in the world, at a certain point it tries to destroy Japan using a nuclear missile. If you liked Summer Wars I highly recommend Digimon: Our War Game.

by minimal details*

Attached: digimon our war game.jpg (276x475, 55K)

And obscure Japanese card games that nobody actually understands the rules to. Don't forget that one.

Oh I know all about Digimon. It's the same director so he basically made the same movie twice

>Implying me and my sister didn't tear each other up playing Koi Koi with my Nintendo Hanafuda cards

It's so good. I wanted to like the Boy and the Beast as much but it's clearly superior.

Yeah, I enjoyed Boy and the Beast but it was such a mess that it just didn't stick with me as much as Summer Wars and Girl Who Leapt Through Time did. Still need to see Mirai

if there's an obsessed fag stalking these threads hating on the show don't confuse me for him, i'm just trying to understand the appeal

i don't dislike the show particularly, i just found it slightly better than lukewarm and was trying to get why it's so popular.

i'm also surprised by the fact that i didn't see anyone /pol/ baiting because the MC love interest is black, which is usually what happens in this situation

Hosoda also directed the best One Piece film.

Not him but I would add old references to French fairy tales too not in OTGW but in older works by the writer

>One Piece
Japanese writers hate that thing

Forgot pic.

Attached: Película_6.png (458x640, 524K)

Mm... I think more that Pinocchio, I have developed a taste for the European tales, they have some kind of weird charm and elegance which is a little hard of describe. I particulary liked The Bear Skin, that tale is incredible.

But Pinocchio... err.. is a very special tale and I can see a very high quality in its simple writing, at this point this tale is practically immortal and it's my favorite tale because the themes around the story.

But my main reason to keep my eye on it is because if you know every version of this tale and you know what's an author looking for you will eventually found it too. McHale has a certain bunch of rules which he needs to respect to make his adaptation, for example he is looking for a Winter setting, then you are going to look if Pinocchio is somehow related to Winter. Another one he is looking for a link with his original characters, then you better keep your eye on this bird.

It's a little complicate but he doesn't have infinite options if he is trying to mix these elements to fit it with his own work.

Attached: Pinocchio and birdie.jpg (640x480, 22K)

I don't get what's so special about this mini-series.

Have you read The Juniper Tree? I love it, and it's pretty memorable.

Sorry user but there is a guy around here who often use a cellphone to answer to himself and maybe I confused you with him doing it again.

The main reason behind the popularity of this show is that if you have a critic eye you will notice the level of quality behind this cartoon, the atmosphere is perfect, the music harmonize with it, the writing is very special and complicated and the characters are very charismatic. Besides it's hard to analyze, it's probably the most complicate cartoon of all the times and to understand it completely you need to read a bunch of different information, it's almost designed to educate to curious people.

Main character's love interest or at least his endgame is in fact Beatrice. There is a certain rumor about the author being forced to include this character to make the show more appealing to a certain modern tendency, I don't know if this is true but what I learned after study deeply this story is that Sara is supposed to be a con-men.

The comics expand this idea and so weird as it sounds McHale uses Sara and Beatrice as a way to teach to the audience (probably the older audience) a lesson about the matrimony itself. With a man who is obsessed with an idealized version of a person who he met long time ago while he is ignoring the person that he has now. (this idea is more notorious in the first comic but I don't have the page right now) The bird.

As you can see this cartoon deserves to be that popular.

Attached: Family hug.jpg (300x250, 24K)

*complicated

No, but I will look for it, I'm very into the tales right now and I want to learn more about this weird world. Do you want to spoil it to me? It wouldn't mind if you do it.

I would like to share this song with you, It's basically a mix of different operas created for a movie maybe you will like it. youtube.com/watch?v=FUYIFN0aifk

user... if you don't understand it after all of this then you simply don't like this story.

Attached: thinking.jpg (191x263, 8K)

>Oh I know all about Digimon. It's the same director so he basically made the same movie twice

SERIOUSLY?! Well that's very interesting, maybe other writers should try to do it. Still I prefer Digimon if I have to choice, but that's a particular taste more than a thing of quality.

*complicated

You know guys even when it sounds weird after so much time reading this thing. I would consider it as a Horror/Adventure/Romance story.

>the writing is very special and complicated and the characters are very charismatic.
No. It's good, but it's not SPECIAL enough to warrant this sort of idolization.
The "innocent child character who can do no wrong, and his teenage brother should be more like him" act is cliche and annoying.
>Besides it's hard to analyze, it's probably the most complicate cartoon of all the times and to understand it completely you need to read a bunch of different information, it's almost designed to educate to curious people.
No way. This is reading way too much into it. You can do the same kind of analysis with many other cartoons like Gravity falls and adventure time and be similarly impressed.

It's really dark, about a boy, who's killed by his stepmother, who then feeds his flesh to the boy's father. The boy's sister buries his bones, an he rises from the earth, reincarnated as a little bird. The bird goes around town, singing about his murder, and collects items. Then he goes back home and gives some of them to his father and sister, while killing the stepmother. Then he turns back into a kid.
I didn't make justice to the storytelling, but I really like it.

The song is kind of kitschy, but I really liked it. Now I have to watch the film I guess.

Wasn't there a teaser about a month back that got everyone in the thread thinking it was a springtime season hint?
Did anything come of that

I love OTGW threads but I am still shocked by how few people ever mention the easy connections that can be made between both classical fairytales (from Europe mostly, though I wouldn't discount any new or old American ones), and some modern fairytales such as things including banality and glamour and dreaming.

I feel almost like the Dante's Inferno similarities are simply too easy to catch and people don't look harder or deeper. Not saying that it's bad to make those connections though. I just always see this as a fairytale setting completely, same for all my friends because we don't prioritize Dante's Inferno. Always glad to see people enjoying the show regardless of what insights they gleen. I like these threads for that, though I wish more people saw that fairytale angle just for sake of discussion.

>No. It's good, but it's not SPECIAL enough to warrant this sort of idolization.

Mm... it sounds like something that people often says about Gravity Falls.

>The "innocent child character who can do no wrong, and his teenage brother should be more like him" act is cliche and annoying.

Your problem is that you keep yourself at the superficial level of the story because you don't want to accept the deep interpretation as a reality and your reason is that you dislike a very specific aspect of this deeper version of the story. So in a certain way you want this story to be superficial but you dislike some aspects of that superficiality but you prefer to keep with it because you prefer the survival of that headcanon above all things related to this story.

Greg isn't that good and the twist about the story is that even someone like him can do bad things, he isn't supposed to be an example for Wirt but a different person instead. Wirt has to be better but he doesn't need to be like Greg. Now that I'm talking about the matter... Greg is a character incredibly hard to write.

Attached: Patrick doing his funny thing.jpg (259x194, 11K)

Oh I read it long time ago, even before that I watched OTGW, I didn't recognize the name but I read it. It was a cool tale, back then I thought that it was ridiculously sinister, I consider it a classic, definitively one of my favorites.

Attached: 1494203155370.png (1280x720, 667K)

McHale gave to us these videos as hints to discover some aspects of his new movie: Happy Hour, Feels like summer and Boys will be bugs.

youtube.com/watch?v=t3RO0UMsBss

youtube.com/watch?v=WmgTkkK-o_Y

youtube.com/watch?v=uREGk0fT0GQ

There are more but I don't want to post all of them at the same time. There is a secret meaning hiding in these songs but you need to decipher it.

Attached: Over the garden wall half moon.jpg (848x480, 26K)

Well the main reason behind it is that Dante's Inferno references are more easy to notice since the author absolutely wanted that you noticed it while at the at the other hand Fairy Tales's references are more subtle since they are the most fundamental basis of the story. To understand them you need to study Fairy Tales and it isn't enough with Disney movies.

People today isn't very familiar to classic tales. But even so I have noticed that the fandom has certain problems understanding the Divine Comedy's aspect of the story.

KEK You aren't forced to watch the movie, I'm not particularly fond to it, but the song is very important as future reference since it was inspired directly by Mokku.

I want to ask you something user... what do you think about my interpreation of McHale's future movie? (genuine question, people barely talk with me around here and I want to hear your opinion)

This is my contribution to the people who is trying to analyze the songs (if there is someone, because nobody comments about it). Pic related is my contribution.

Attached: 787473721.png (924x646, 105K)

>ignoring best song
youtube.com/watch?v=MPWSImUuieM

I doubt it will be at all related to otgw

Attached: over_the_garden_wall_by_dav_19-d9411ju.jpg (754x900, 767K)

MY SHIT INTERNET DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO WATCH IT!

Was it posted by McHale?

This is at least a spiritual sequel of OTGW. The explanation is Distillatoria and the moons.

Did you read that comic?

And silence again...

>the most complicate cartoon of all the times

Attached: .png (593x403, 201K)

If you know another one I would like to listen about it.

Attached: 1512521279370.png (1280x720, 539K)

CatsPjamas1
Same OG version of that old song has been posted by multiple different people on youtube lad.

Err... I was talking about the songs that McHale posted. These songs

lol I didn't see that
No

to find the answer to your questions, one must look at the post that one just quoted

Attached: .png (887x504, 820K)

Name or nothing user

Attached: 1504980464756.jpg (261x195, 4K)

Don't worry user

This song is always comfy to me.

I don't know which is worse, these threads turning into over analyzing or turning into shitflinging shipping wars

T. Sara shipper

Attached: 1502422079029.png (1417x936, 852K)

nice deflection

Xavier is literally the funniest cartoon I've ever seen. It's also the most clever and philosophically deep.

I like ranting about cartoons I like.

Tell us more user

>The innkeeper is Betty Boop

SON OF A BITCH

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS

The new movie will have a wedding

>The Woodsman references the myth of Jack O'Lantern,
There are dozens of stories with lanterns so it could be a reference to many things from Japan to Greece. In Japan there's a monster wandering in the woods carrying a lantern too. Jack is Irish but I think Charon from the Greek myth (the ferryman of Hades who carries souls of the newly deceased across the rivers Styx and Acheron) was used in the Divine Comedy

>Pottsfield likely references George Washington Irving, specifically Sleepy Hollow
I don't see it user, I don't see the similarities at all

Yeah considering the whole themes related to death, the lamp is most likely a reference to Charon

>Aunty Whispers is a reference to Yubaba from Spirited Away,
Some clues somewhere? I don't think it was a reference

Not him, but I think it might the weird small town New England setting they both share

This reminds me of something, there was a girl trapped in a lamp

Attached: FPjpg.jpg (478x208, 58K)

New York used to be a small town around that time, just a small town doesn't mean anything. I can't see a reference in this case

it's the same guy responsible for both unfortunately

The guy is obsessed with Sara though the writer hates her for some reason

I didn't say New York, I said New England. Washington Irving is one of the most famous authors to have written in that early New England setting that Pottsfield uses

Giant-headed birdlike witch who appears to have magic control over somebody

>Piccolino no Boken

I was drunk when I typed it, but I think I meant small New England town with connections to death and pumpkins

I know, I meant it didn't matter if there was a small town

Yes, but as the series draws heavily on European and American folklore, it's most likely Jack O'Lantern

Hundreds of old witches

Attached: DBZ.png (665x483, 236K)

It sounds like Charon though I think the writer said it was just a dream he had a long time ago

>>There is a certain rumor about the author being forced to include this character to make the show more appealing to a certain modern tendency

>still posting this ludicrously unsubstantiated horse hockey

They reference Charon with the Riverboat. You need 2 cent to ride

I'm not that guy really, if you want to know but I think it's obvious the writer hates Sara

JOLs originate from gaelic traditions for keeping away bad spirit niggas

The lantern in the show is almost the exact opposite of that

It doesn't mean that's the only reference to Charon but the writer said it was a dream he had instead of something else

I don't dispute the possibility that he doesn't like Sara or anything

The idea that she only exists because the network forced him to add a black(?) person is just silly though. I'll eat my words of course if it's ever proven

>Authors being forced to do something by their bosses?
>Hohoho how ridiculous

What's so weird about it?

Attached: Classical Keks.gif (320x238, 216K)

Look for "Marvel Diversity" and then we're gonna talk about how you need a black girl as girlfriend for marketing today

I feel like the only "reason" to make her black may have been to make her visually distrinct from the mostly white humans of The Unknown, but as we only see her hands, that's unlikely.

Also, I'm not 100% sure she is black. She could be Indian, Middle Eastern, or Latina.

Duke was a black Robin for a while by the way, you know who Duke is, right?

Nope, the only thing to indicate she's black is the color of her hands, why could they do it then?

>Diversity obsessed execs force him to put exactly ONE dark grill in as a minor love interest
>not POCs sprinkled across the whole show

Other companies doing such things does not guarantee or preclude such from happening

No idea I just posted one of my gifs.

Attached: 87987661.jpg (576x432, 45K)

I think that you are trying to talk with this dude I'm just this user

Yeah and I meant the setting is pretty Irvingesque and what said, there's the pumpkins, being chased through the woods on horseback at night, and the overarching theme of Halloween

I can tell you stories

Attached: batman.jpg (450x450, 24K)

Of course they could ask for ONE black character, the girlfriend of the protagonist specifically as usual, in recent years it has been a habit cause they like to get two demographics at the same time: women and blacks

America: the character was a latin woman but a lesbian too
Hulk: A Chinese guy now and gay too
Iron-Man: A black woman now

No thanks, I'm not interested in the useless underground robins, I have more than enough with 4. And this isn't a thread about Batman anyway.

Attached: 1498341590771.png (638x480, 401K)

Duke was garbage so it doesn't matter