Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists, save empty space and you

Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists, save empty space and you...

Attached: Mysterious Stranger.jpg (1920x1080, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJZbLtbuWKM
youtube.com/watch?v=wuN8QJDJoz8
youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TJyJTn06NZM
youtube.com/watch?v=VkYze54wCDI
youtu.be/HpcEhWYGJCo
youtube.com/watch?v=v9Rxx6QNqQI&t=10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Satan dropping some truth bombs.

truly the most terrifying version of satan I have seen.

..and you are but a thought.

Attached: an angel.jpg (475x251, 15K)

This shit is legitimately terrifying.

Best version of Satan ever made.
He doesn't try to be scary, but just shows the kids what happens with unchecked power and a sadistic streak.

I thought he seemed like a pretty interesting and insightful chap. One of the more sympathetic takes on Satan I’ve seen.

Fuck off Satan you goddamned loser.

Attached: 220px-Félix_Joseph_Barrias_-_The_Temptation_of_Christ_by_the_Devil_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (220x329, 23K)

based and breadpilled

Reminder: Satan is unironically a fag
>Thinks hes better then god
>Is beautiful as fuck
>Is gods right hand man
>Has it all in heaven from bitches to riches
>Thinks hes more beautiful then god and tries to dethrone him despite not even having any of the powers god has
>ohshit.jpg
>gets banished to hell, loses his riches and now has to watch over the worst human beings for all existence while building an army to try and fight god again
>implying he won't just get smote back to hell again and have to rebuild
Imagine being that much of a salty faggot that you lose to god himself and you don't let go of your fuckin vendetta against him when everything that happened was directly your fault.

That last bit really sells it. I always found it silly that our consciousness is somehow special and lasts forever.

Sympathetic how? Mysterious stranger satan was amoral to an inhuman degree.
He wasn't sad, he wasn't anything except a concept taken to one if it's scariest extremes.

I liked Paradise Lost for the classic idea of a forsaken and jealous fallen angel fighting back against subservience while fully knowing he can never truly win, but The Mysterious Stranger is easily my favorite depiction in modern media.

The ever-shifting face, the a male and female voice softly layered over one another, the casual cruelty. It's subtle and haunting.

Attached: 76656546778.jpg (1030x1280, 392K)

Jeez. Why does he try to make stuff so edgy?

Form is emptiness; emptiness also is form. Emptiness is no other than form; form is no other than emptiness. In the same way, feeling, perception, formation, and consciousness are emptiness. Thus, all dharmas are emptiness. There are no characteristics. There is no birth and no cessation. There is no impurity and no purity. There is no decrease and no increase. Therefore, in emptiness, there is no form, no feeling, no perception, no formation, no consciousness; no eye, no ear, no nose, no tongue, no body, no mind; no appearance, no sound, no smell, no taste, no touch, no dharmas, no eye dhatu up to no mind dhatu, no dhatu of dharmas, no mind consciousness dhatu; no ignorance, no end of ignorance up to no old age and death, no end of old age and death; no suffering, no origin of suffering, no cessation of suffering, no path, no wisdom, no attainment, and no non-attainment.

There is no self

He feels no anger, no joy, no love, no hate.
Nothing, nothing but disgust.

>not in the bible

How? He literally told and showed those children how horrifying the idea of having divine might over lesser beings is. He snuffed out the clay people with no effort.

isnt disgust just a form of hatred?

Mark Twain explicitly believed in multiple selves though

My only nitpick is that he didn't introduce himself as Lucifer. Those kids were batty going in after he straight up put "Satan" on his name tag.

Attached: 29485729.jpg (620x349, 136K)

To be fair. He was referred to as satan in twain's original stories

When I first saw this, I could have sworn he said 'And you are but a pawn'. Took me a rewatch to hear what he actually said, and I'm not sure how I heard 'pawn' the first time.

Nigga what? This isn't Paradise Lost or Devilman (manga not Cryshit) Satan.

Attached: Source of Childhood Trauma.jpg (728x409, 70K)

>Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

Attached: Night on Bald Mountain.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

I though satan wanted to remove freely will from humans so they'd better serve God, or something like that. And then God wasn't having that an old banished him.

The Bible’s pretty sparse mythology wise outside Genesis. All the cool stuff is extrabiblical.

Looking back at this, Satan's a whiny little bitch for getting annoyed by some noise and having to deal wit their squabbles.

Get over it Satan, you can do anything. Quit being a dick cause shit isnt always going your way.

Can't make poker bets over Job without free will.

Hate is stronger, more personal, and a conscious feeling. You can’t really hate a cockroach or a rat, even if people say they do.

Do Angels have free will?
Why would angels have free will?

It's not Satan, it's his cousin.

He was an existential dick treating the conflicts of man like a mosquito buzzing around his ear asking to be swatted.

"I can do no wrong, for I do not know what it is"

Sounds like the excuse of a bitch.

They do have free will, that's the reason Lucifer and his legions could rebel, cause they were free to do so.

God has a thing for willful obedience.

The only reason I swat the mosquito is cause I cant communicate with it and tell it to go away. Satan on the other hand can do that and far far more apparently and still excuses himself. What a petty fuck.

>Your Favorite Satan

I'll start.

Attached: tragedie_man.jpg (715x320, 28K)

Ah so you admit you're more retarded than us huh Satan?

Thanks for reminding me this exists.

What did people think about the fake Paine version vs the "real" one?

Are we counting Antichrist figures?

Attached: Berserk_Cobblestones.png (500x716, 381K)

paine? Im unclear.

>What did people think about the fake Paine version vs the "real" one?

Seconding this, I have yet to read the authentic version.

He's a footnote in the story, but I really like how people still argue over whether or not he was supposed to be Satan, God, or Death.

Attached: I Know You_Red Dead Redemption.jpg (590x335, 37K)

I thought this Satan wasn't actually THE Satan, but another angel with the name Satan?

Isn't that the same as OP's satan?
Being a strange guy with magic powers.

Attached: d8c2d169446f79ce1ae4e78f528210c0.jpg (624x1200, 187K)

I just really like the design.

Attached: The Boogieman_Gorillaz.jpg (1280x698, 126K)

damn that nigga thic as fuck my man uaaaahhh fuaRRKKKKKK

jesus i'ld nibble on them hips my dude you get me?
holy fuck i'd pluck a rainbow from the sky and tie the ends together in a necktie to hang myself on a broken streetlight without losing my RAGING FUCKING HARDON

IM FUCKING JACKING IT BROS WHOS WITH ME

IM JACKING IT HNG FUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

i showed this shit to my classmates in 2015
found it on /wsg/

memebased

Wasn't this guy supposed to be the 5th Horsemen? Or was it scrapped?

No, in Christianity Satan tries to tempt mankind into sin because he hates them (for unexplained reasons) and is explicitly an enemy of God spending his days suffering in Hell. He is considered the Prince of Darkness and lord of all demons, basically the final boss of Christianity who will defeated permanently with the Second Coming of Christ. In Islam he also hates humans, but what really gets his goat is that he was ordered by God to bow down before a human (Adam) and refused, and also plots to destroy humanity a lot. But his actual relationship with God isn’t elaborated on, and some Islamic scholars believe him to be one of God’s greatest and most loyal servants, who would refuse on principle to prostrate himself before anyone but Allah. In Judaism Satan is a really enigmatic fellow or may or may not have introduced sin and death into the world by encouraging Eve to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (in Christianity he definitely did). He doesn’t seem to have any particularly strong feelings about humanity or God, and is actually on speaking terms with the Lord. Sometimes he fucks around with humans because he doesn’t consider them good enough, but he’s not that big a problem compared to any other demon. No word on his living arrangements, and there’s no actual reason to consider him a major villain in any sense.

There is a fake version where this guy named Albert Paine cobbled together three different drafts of the story and added his own character. It was later revealed what he had done and eventually a definitive version came out which was the draft where the existential ending originated. The "real" version, which has No. 44 in the title, leans more into the philosophical side but both are worth a read in my opinion. Satan continues to be the same lovable amoral lunatic.

In Judaism and Christianity they do. In Islam they don’t.

in Islam nobody has free will

Wrong board fellas.

Attached: Wrong Cartoon, eddy.png (743x707, 848K)

Yeah that's some pretty Bhuddist shit there, Satan. But not really compatible with "eternalism" forms of Christian thought.

A bit. Red Dead's stranger comes across as a lot less impersonal though. Specifically playing up to the issues and morality of one man's past and future as opposed to humanity's shortcomings as a whole.

Yeah that was the original idea. He still dealt in Faustian contracts though apparently.

Attached: Rhinestone Eyes.jpg (429x937, 52K)

What's that from?

Why is everyone jibbering about Satan?
It's the mirror from Shrek you schizos.

Satan and Lucifer are 2 different things

>Rated G

Attached: 6543768.jpg (831x700, 55K)

>Literally in the filename
>Still doesn't know

Ok, its "The Tragedy of Man" really good movie recommended to me here on Yea Forums a few years ago.

Attached: otgw.jpg (1280x720, 23K)

Not him, but can I have a link? Preferably a streaming site, but I could probably download if you guarantee it's safe.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJZbLtbuWKM

>tfw I got drunk with my normie friends and tried to watch it but they couldn't make it past the part with the crusaders and had to watch something else

I'll watch the whole thing sometime. From what I saw, it was pretty good

Hyuk

Attached: RobotDevil.jpg (550x430, 21K)

>reason I swat the mosquito is cause I cant communicate with it and tell it to go away. Satan on the other hand can do that
But why?

Anyway, causing them to vanish from this mortal coil is, in a certain sense, telling them to go away.

I have a download (not the best quality) but I don't know how to use MEGA.
Searching online is useless btw (Though Idk if things changed since I downloaded this back in 2017). Foreign films like these are usually difficult to find.
Other anons can help you, maybe?

Attached: Screenshot (4).png (1899x1017, 1.68M)

Attached: Helel.jpg (2068x2484, 1.46M)

Honourable mentions goes to Sandman Lucifer (before the series turned into nothing but "just as planned")

Attached: Forever GM.jpg (975x724, 171K)

Shit, I might just stream it myself if anyone wants to watch it

Or you know...he could ask them to shut the fuck up.

>elf ears
Why do they do this with angels? Drives me nuts

Sure post it here user.
Also if you can could you give me a better download? This thing is 360 at best.

What types of angels are there really?

Satan was just an angel during those times (just an accuser). Don’t think it was a bet then.

But why ask? What is the point of negotiating when he doesn't need to or have to, when the end goal is essentially the same.

Whether you try to teach and train and impose rules - only for the rules to be inevitably broken - or rid yourself for a time before making more and starting again. From Satan's point of view it makes little difference aside from pointless busy work added in for vague mortal reasons.

I suppose there are the ones I prefer and the ones I do not. And they can all dance on the head of a pin. If I'm understanding your point.

Attached: 1523787743566.png (112x112, 20K)

What do you mean? Isn't the classic theology that he had fallen before Adam and Eve's temptation?

Time is convoluted in the bible.

Never mind, I found it on youtube. Here you go user

youtube.com/watch?v=wuN8QJDJoz8

Depends on the interpretation you follow. As one might expect, there are several.

It's not an argument, he's death.

Just looked it up, ur a retarded faggot

No, I mean really what types of angels are there?
I played Bayonetta ONCE and they have these weird wheel angels and sword angels.

Were they described this way in the bible? Because I've also seen these designs in other games too.

Have fun user.

Attached: Bpx28bhCIAIwfh-.jpg (599x692, 95K)

am I the one existing?

well it's the only condition under which anyone knows anything to be. While it doesn't seem like it intuitively, it is actually a reasonable scientific leap to assume that as long as there is, there is also consciousness. (This is not to say that any scientist would endorse this view, only that it would follow from inductive reasoning)

Well I’m not speaking from a religious perspective. Just time wise, during the old testement times they did not believe in the concept of satan that chistians believe in today. I do not know about Islam but from a Jewish heritage satan and the serpent aren’t the same people even today. The snake is just a talking snake that loses his legs (I guess abrahamic religions need an animal origin story like every other religion)(also religions all around the world seem to hate snakes so they are always an antogonist in every story) and satan is just an angel.

The man in Angel's Egg. I don't know if the allegory is as blunt as the character being "Satan" but there's a very clear religious parallel with him being this wanderer who's traveled so far that he can't remember who he originally is or where he's going, and apparently only stops to harm someone's blind faith.

It's an odd and ambiguous movie, but I find it strangely engrossing.

Attached: Angel's Egg.jpg (1920x1080, 213K)

who's the fella makes the bet with God about Job?

Not him, but they are considered two different entities depending on the sect/religion. In Christianity for example, Lucifer became Satan after "the fall," so the distinction is irrelevant unless you're talking about the mythology. In a lot of occult practices however, which is what the user is probably referring to, Lucifer is indeed considered a separate aspect from Satan, and is understood as one who bestows knowledge. He's also called the "lightbringer," at least in Freemasonry, though I'm not too familiar with that

I don't think the Beast is really Satan, especially considering the Unknown is closer to Purgatory than Hell. He's really just a self serving force that stalks the realm without any real moral reason. He's almost a third facet to God and Satan, where those two collect the souls of the good and evil respectively, he collects the souls of the those lost and unfulfilled in death

Just because there's not enough Tenacious D in here.

youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ

In some cases, particularly in Ezekiel I think, they were described in strange forms. The ophanim, wheels within wheels with many eyes. The cherubim, with the head of a man, an ox, a lion, and an eagle. The seraphim, who have six wings and cry out 'holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts' and such. In other places they're described more simply as humanoids, often with wings. Like in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah

From what I recall anyway. Been a long time since Sunday school back in the early 90s, so my Bible knowledge is rough as fuck, mostly trivia and likely inaccurate.

I think they're in Enoch as part of a vision Ezekial gets. They're called the Ophanim and guard God's throne or something

Look harder, cunt

He talks about being damned and hoping that his son turns out to be like John, so some people speculate he's referring to the antichrist.

I thought the implication was that he was Jesus but it's ambiguous enough to work either way.

"The Beast" is one of the names of Satan. And Purgatory wouldn't be purgatory if your fate was ultimately horrible. It's far more likely that the Beast takes you FROM purgatory (If we want to keep this Christian cosmology going) if you fail.

Satan means antagonist, you can be Satan 'to' someone. Lucifer is called 'lightbringer' everywhere because Lucifer is Latin for, you guessed it: Lightbringer. Also the name of the morning star, which makes Christian hymns that mention the morning star sung in Latin scary for the uninitiated.

I miss old-school anime films.

Attached: 675545543343.png (852x479, 661K)

Obliged.

Interesting info, thanks. I read somewhere that the phrase "satan" was actually a mis-translation of the Greek word for "an accusation" into "the accuser," but I don't know enough about either language to verify it

Maybe those two were really the same being.

Uh, what?

It was a special time when Japan's economy was booming, and people with money were willing to give funds to no-name randos so that they could make niche weird animation. The further the time went, the safer safe and more profitable you had to be, and look where are we now - 60-80 shows, movies, and OVAs per season, but 99% of them are painfully mediocre at best, and the rest is merely watchable in most cases.

I thought he was meant to embody an anti-religious figure considering what he does in the end and the fact that the film apparently proceeded the director losing his faith in Christianity, but it can be interpreted in any number of ways as you say.

Just give me a solid Dungeon Meshi anime, and another decent Berserk adaption and I'll stop complaining.

Attached: Berserk.png (1197x899, 1011K)

>another decent Berserk adaption
There hasn't been one for there to be another.

>Thinks hes more beautiful then god and tries to dethrone him despite not even having any of the powers god has
what fucking retarded offshoot version are you reading, its almost always him getting butthurt at or jealous of humans and defying god over that. Also you're thinking of Lucifer in most cases.

Different strokes. It cuts some important things from the manga and ends on the worst possible cliffhanger, but I still think it's a strong emotional depiction of the Golden Age as a standalone arc.

Oh and the God Hand's interesting, to stay on topic.

Attached: 7875654.jpg (721x542, 42K)

what's so hard to understand? It's about the trivial truth that we have only ever had empirical evidence of things as observed by a conscious mind. If we were to just subbornly use inductive reasoning, we would have more grounds to believe that everything that is is+consciousness observing it than for anything else.

That's why it's not surprising that people think that consciousness is something eternal, because it's difficult or impossible to think it away.

The god hand isn't Satan or very Satan-like, he's just the prime evil. The God Hand's other name is 'causality', it's got much more in common with the gnostic demiurge than with the biblical or extrabiblical Satan.

classic angels are basically eldritch abominations that are generally made of extremely bright light and fire that itself is varying levels of reflection of god's light himself. They don't just state that there is no need to be afraid of them, they exert a calmness onto people they show up to otherwise they may actually just die of fucking fright and their ambient presence.

Source on that?

There are tons of types of angels that appear in the bible, but only a few of them are actually described
Seraphim are humanoids covered in wings, keeping themselves covered because looking upon their true bodies is blinding
Cherubim have hooves, wings, and four faces, a man, a lion, an ox, and an eagle
Ophanim are the wheels within wheels with all the eyes on them
Dominion are the beautiful winged human angels you usually see in media
Powers are depicted in plate armor with shields and spears and shit

What about that one that was described as being larger than a mountain, with one leg made out of lightning and the other...fire, I think?

Be careful what you wish for.

Attached: gaunter.jpg (400x400, 28K)

In some old African religions snake is the wisdom animal.
And apparently Satan comes from Set.

>*Blocks your Path*

"Halt! Before this thread ends I, The Spectre, Agent of vengeance, shall smite all you foul demons of hell from existence".

Attached: Spectre_v.2_1.jpg (983x1515, 684K)

Yeah, the Godhand themselves seem enslaved to Causality or the Idea or whatever. They even seem to be letting Griffith run around and play with his God powers because the side effects further their goals. I don't think he ever stopped being a pawn in whatever it is that they're also pawns in. The only one to ever show any free will was Slan when she confronted Guts in Quilphoth, and if anything she was just curious about his presence.
Goddammit I was gonna post him. He draws heavily from the Polish story of Pan Twordowski and Western stories about deals with the Devil. And also Rumplestiltskin.

All Satan's forms in all devilman stories are good.

I made a Great Old One based loosely off this bit, he does a great job of spooking the party whenever they get him involved, party has a high level GOO Warlock keeps nearly TPKing by involving his patron, but also tends to result in whatever obstacle there was being removed in some way or another and resulting in it getting "closer" to the material plane whenever they invoke, though I don't think they've caught on to that bit yet

If you don't take advantage of Patrons throwing wrenches in the setting/plot/party/all of the above you need to git gudder at DMing.

Attached: friendly clay man.png (512x512, 298K)

youtube.com/watch?v=TJyJTn06NZM

Couldn't get into Crybaby. It was too oversexualized and the story was just the original watered down. Also the artstyle's atrocious.

Couldn't really get into any of Devilman. It just feels like edgy trash derivative of Berserk, though I know it's the other way around. It's like watching Ghost in the Shell AFTER watching Blade Runner and Matrix.

I liked this bit about Heaven from the same film
Claymation rules
youtube.com/watch?v=VkYze54wCDI

Attached: heaven.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

*Pan TwArdowski

How dare you correct my poor grammar

Attached: 15418030748590.jpg (655x650, 77K)

No one else posted this?
Seriously?

Attached: tvgod.jpg (300x198, 16K)

Honorable mention

Attached: Bedazzled.jpg (594x396, 54K)

Those necks look they could snap broken at any moment.

Attached: eve snake.webm (1280x720, 1.99M)

Attached: him.png (310x448, 60K)

Anyone have that page from the Ostender run where Spectre is acting all meek in front of Lucifer?

That's the sliding timescale in action.

“Blatan!”

How embarrassing.

What? Did that really happen?

youtu.be/HpcEhWYGJCo

Ciaran Hinds as Lucifer

Attached: images-1.jpg (266x190, 5K)

The coolest parts are the fanfiction.

But wouldn't God already know he'd rebel? So essentially Satan was screwed from the moment of his creation.

Ironically, Bayo's angels are closer to the vague descriptions of angels than just "guy with wings".

Angels are fucking terrifying, which is why they usually either take human forms or warn people ahead of time they're about to see some crazy shit.

I'M THE DEVIL I LOVE METAL

Attached: 1673968607410a5de03bb11db8ae3f32.png (420x420, 248K)

Honestly wanna know how powerful they are in comparisons to demons.
I read the Quran, my prophet just stoned them like 10 times and they went away.

*The demons I mean.

It's not hard to banish a demon if you know the right words. It's when there's a bunch of them or they've bonded to a host. Or both. The man who became the abomination called Legion had a thousand demons inside him, and no restrictions would hold him, no living thing knew mercy at his touch. It took no less than the Son of God to banish them into a herd of swine and chase them off a cliff

What about solomon and his genies?
If they were branded could they be under his control?

Only with Allah's blessing

>poor grammar
Twardowski is just a name user, not "normal" polish word
also w Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie tho

Satan.

Fuck I love judo-christian mythology.
It's fucked up.

fuck Griffith.

No I was making a joke about how I don't speak Polish. I've never even had pierogi

Satan is a Hebrew word, not Greek. It really does mean “accuser” referring to his role in Jewish tradition as the one who constantly accuses people of being unworthy of God.

you should look into egyptian mythology
like the story where Set begs his brother Osiris to let him fuck him, and Osiris agrees but then tricks Set into swallowing his semen, which causes him to give birth to the god Djehuty from his forehead in front of everybody so the whole pantheon knows Set is a cumdumpster and laughs at him

to be more precise, Satan is the romanization of the Hebrew title Shaitan, which is comparable to the modern role of 'The Prosecution' in legal disputes

CHECK THIS RIFF IS FUCKIN TASTY!

Attached: MV5BMTA0MzMxMzI1NjFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDk5Njg1NDAy._V1_.jpg (550x795, 238K)

It was so much a bet as he asking for permission to test the guy

I feel like Satan needed the Dharma

goddamn that guy cannot fucking think. Just say Earth you dense fuck.

There is only one like that as far as I remember, Metatron and he is the voice of God himself so he is on an entirely different level

In the book he was actually telling the kid that he was God (the kid) and that reality and his life, which had turned out pretty awful after Satan showed up, was just a dream he was having. In the end, it's ambiguous whether this is true or if Satan has just driven him insane like he did to the kid's friend.

In Islam, there were different types of Angels that spoke different languages.
Malik who guards hells gates speaks in fire.
Munkar and Nakir who judges those in the grave speak like thunder.

The modern take on this is some drunk ass people partying all night keeping the rest of the town from sleeping.

based

I read Paradise Lost a long time ago, and a translation on top of that, but from what I remember Satan thought that humans were an unworthy creation of God, whom he idolized to the point of absurdity; creating something as flawed as humans defied his perception of a perfect God and Master whom he served, and his inability to live with that made him rebel. Then, realizing that he could not possibly beat God, he decided to attack him through the creations which he loved and whom, due to their imperfection, were corruptible. Basically, if I'm not mistaken, Satan's scourge against humanity was a revenge by proxy against God.

I'm more of a stop-motion guy, but I think both are very underappreciated in terms of establishing a unique atmosphere.

Attached: Coraline_Mother.jpg (666x386, 49K)

for the love of God someone post screencap of messiah user and his dream about ophanim
i don't have it on my laptop

Yes. Yea Forums and everyone else on it are just figments of your fraying sanity.

Ah, I haven't read it yet, I have only read the catholic and jewish bibles, still have to look for the quran

We have 10 Major Angels btw.
Also, Jibril (Gabriel in the Bible) can cover the entire globe with one wing according to the Qur'an (if I'm not mistaken).

I thought Crybaby had some interesting ideas and animation that was a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of modern anime, but I thought it relied a lot more on shock value and characters that only existed to further the tragedy when compared to something like Berserk.

Haven't read any of the manga though. Some people tell me it's far better, some people tell me it's far worse.

Attached: Conviction_The Brand.png (1157x1799, 827K)

Nice job failing to understand the problem of induction AND survivorship bias! Induction can't provide certainty toward unobserved phenomena. The fact that all we know of reality comes from experience doesn't imply that experience is a prerequisite for reality.

lmao, source?

According to the Bible the ones people see are nothing compared to the higher ones

Attached: FDA846F9-677F-4BA7-BDA0-D6250019C908.png (1013x1406, 1.83M)

Doesn't Set respond to this by ripping Osiris appart and throwing his body in the river to be scattered?

There actually isn't a singular Satan in Judaism at all. The word Satan is derived from the Hebrew for "adversary", and in the Old Testament actually refers to multiple figures. There are satans, and they change depending on the passage. The Book of Job references one satan, but it's never clearly defined who it is other than somebody questioning the will of God, and thus in that context acting as an adversary. Interestingly, the name Satan doesn't even appear once in Genesis, and the snake isn't even considered a satan. Some sects of Judaism hold to a more express good/evil paradigm, but canonically there isn't a Satan figure.

Attached: Bobby go away satan.png (500x381, 210K)

Call us Legion for we are many?

Why wouldn't they? God gave humans free agency and they fucked up hard. No reason to believe angels are a special case.

> Removing from mortal coil == Tell to go away
Okay, let's try applying this line of logic.
> A Jehovah's witness knocks on door
> Want him to go away
> Open the door
> Brain him with kettle
> Dump his body in bathtub
> Fill bathtub with sulfuric acid

He should fire his PR guy.
I'm not sorry.

Is the Bible the Dark Souls of holy texts?

youtube.com/watch?v=v9Rxx6QNqQI&t=10s

What do you plan on doing once it gets into the material plane?
Simply having him transform into a generic world-ending monster and rampage through the setting would be a pretty massive waste of potential.

Just a reminder for any Satanists here. The upside down cross thing? Yeah it means you're even more humble to God.

LOK AT ME, IM LUCIFER. PLEASE LOVE ME, DAD

What was he Yea Forums?

Attached: watership-down-original-ending-1651221.jpg (590x421, 24K)

What's neat about Christian theology is the emphasis placed on the evolving conception of God. At first he's the unquestioned master of the universe, then fades into obscurity after washing the slate (mostly) clean. He pops up again as some unknown deity to Abram and makes some vague promises of land and shit. By the end of Abraham's life, God is basically his pal and shares the small part of his long-term plan that actually matters to the guy's very limited understanding. Later God busts Abraham's dependents out of slavery by kicking a then-current superpower in the balls to let the ancient world know he's here and not fucking around, builds the hebrews into a nation at a major crossroad, and puts up with a their bullshit for generations, all to create the ideal environment for Operation Messiah to commence. And of course a big part of Christ's job on Earth was showing God's personality once he no longer had to put up with his human "allies" drilling holes in the proverbial lifeboat. In that context, the evolving conception of Satan fits nicely.

Griffith has nothing to do with Satan. He is just a human who sacrificed his friends to get what he wants.

See, this is pretty cool. Sleek presentation, varied and well-designed illustrations, concise and evocative summaries.
If this kind of shit took a larger role in the actual texts maybe people would actually read them.

Honestly, whenever someone is about to banish someone, I think "From whence you came you shall remain, until you are complete again." Every single time.

Why did God put that fucking tree there in Eden anyway? he doesnt fucking need it. and he didnt give Adam OR Eve the intelligence to understand "Dont disobey my orders"

>Why didn't my mommy do everything for me?
Just leave the tree alone. You have one job.

Free will, yo.

>in the Old Testament actually refers to multiple figures. There are satans, and they change depending on the passage
Because this was the time when El (YHWH) was undertaking his power-crazed Stalinist purge of the other Caananite gods.

Unironically my favorite interpretation of God

Why is Kaneko such a godly designer?

Attached: 253.jpg (1912x2476, 934K)

That's what he gets for forgetting to say no homo afterwards

What is up with gods and exploding head babies?
Zeus also had to deal with this shit, Athena just popped right out of his skull.

Setting them up to fail. It must have been part of his keikaku since he's supposed to be fucking infallible.

fpbp

not really. I love it, and I embrace it with my heart

He's still a blatant Antichrist homage. The church foresaw a "Falcon of Darkness" but Griffith won them over under the guise of a messiah like figure instead, playing around with souls and manipulating the pope and his followers into believing that he was the savior of the world that he helped destroy.

Attached: Hawk of Light.png (549x627, 351K)

It's not a new debate. The entire message of God granting mercy and free will to people is completely messed up if you take into account that he has perfect foresight and created and programmed humans in a way that he knew would inevitably allow them to be manipulated.

>Call us Shitload, because there's a shitload of us in here.

Attached: jdate.jpg (496x680, 55K)

Lucifer didn't come shit.

Lucifer is a Latinization of the Hebrew Helel, meaning 'shining one', which referred to a king that was hostile to Israel and Judah, probably Nebuchadnezzar II. All association between Lucifer and Satan is misinterpretation and mistranslation at work. Also Satan is barely mentioned at all in the Bible as well, and much of the popular understanding of him is straight up wrong.

Attached: lucifer14.jpg (1025x1600, 503K)

But that doesnt mean shit when the man and woman were fucking dumb enough to trust a random talking snake.

wait why didnt God realize his worst enemy was there in goddamn EDEN?!

Paradise lost is fanfic not a canon

This. The Lucifer is only in the bible once and like you said refers to a Babylonian king. Even the word satan can refer to "a satan" which is an adversary and "the Satan " which is akin to what you'd imagine it to be. The word "angel" has similar issues in translation. Sometimes it's just a human messenger and others it's the heavenly creatures. English is really a poor language for translating ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek common tongue.

*The name Lucifer

It's an "if I close my eyes you stop existing" episode.

Good for childrens 0-2 years old, btw nihilists are retarded cowards.

Attached: 1544147231092.jpg (1191x670, 139K)

Best taste

Attached: Satan-the tragedy of man-C201723199.png (2010x1437, 3.7M)

I personally really enjoyed Crybaby as an extension of Yuasa's work even though it was way too short and it was my first experience with Devilman. Though now I'm definitely interested to read/watch more of it now.

The thing is that most are described as something that you can’t comprehend. And the higher ones have terrifying appearances

satin?

>That moment in the film where Jesus shows up and Satan, despite acting cocky as fuck until then, is genuinely shaken for the only time
Also the French Revolution segment was neat as fuck, I've never seen an animated film take on the aesthetics of that era

Attached: Bob ross pacha.png (557x605, 239K)