Black Panther, Aquaman and Captain Marvel grossed 1 billion

>Black Panther, Aquaman and Captain Marvel grossed 1 billion
>Spider-Man didn't
Explain this

Attached: posters-spiderman-h.jpg (878x1280, 388K)

Because its shit.

Disney Spiderman will ALWAYS be shit and Sony Spiderman will ALWAYS be good. There is no redemption.

Homecoming probably could've if it didn't have to compete with Apes.

A lot of casual moviegoers probably weren't interested in seeing it after those two Andrew Garfield movies were thoroughly mediocre and soured people on the brand. Average Joe doesn't know about the whole Marvel/Sony fiasco, so that wouldn't be a bearing on them.

Spider-Man is a dead horse they keep beating, yet i expect Far From Home to make a 900m.

Fewer people bought tickets...? I don’t understand what you don’t understand

People were trying to get liberal card points for Black Panther & Captain Marvel and Aquaman had enough visuals

At least it did better then the shitty spiderverse copycat

Those were new heroes. We had five previous Spider-man movies so it wasn't as exciting.

Amazing Spiderman fucked up the franchise, Homecuming making more than 800 gorillions was a miracle.

It's the sixth Spider-Man movie and the villain was Vulture. Even if Michael Keaton was great, it's still Vulture.

This is wrong. Its problems stem from the fact that Sony had a hand in making it, and that's why it didn't make a billion, while several Disney Marvel films broke 1 Bil. Deep down I think you know that's true. If you don't, look up Amy Pascal's leaked business emails. Look up what they believed about the property, what their plans for the future were, what they thought Peter Parker should be, and how they went into the talks with Marvel Studios. Then go to IMDB and see that all those idiots were still executive producers or producers on Spider-
Man Homecoming.

The only reason Homecoming failed to reach 1 billion is because alot of other movies came out in July of 2017: Dunkirk, Planet of the Apes 3, Valerian, Atomic Blonde, Emoji Movie, all of them grossed 100-520 millions and hurt Homecoming, meanwhile Far From Home has to compete only with Lion King and Tarantino movie and those two movies come out only 14 and 21 days after Far From Home

It's not that great, and I say this as someone who still reserve buys physical copies of Spider-man at this point, other books actually have to very very good for me to buy.

>He played Spider-Man 5 times in just 3 years
When Tom Holland fatigue is gonna to kick in?

Attached: tom-holland.jpg (2407x3500, 3.15M)

Vulture is still far better known villian than Killmonger, Ocean Master and that guy Jude Law played

unironically minorities pull in numbers

>only
>lion king
>a movie that is guaranteed to make $1B+
>and the most anticipated Tarantino movie in nearly a decade.

Terrible two movies to be released near.

>Aunt May? Vulture? Flash Thompson?
>Who are these people? Where's Elsa, Joker, Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol and giant needles?

Modern kids just couldn't handle this radical departure from the mythos they knew and love.

>and the most anticipated Tarantino movie in nearly a decade.
Hateful Eight wasn't a huge success because trailers failed to establish what the movie was about, and it looks like his new movie is repeating the same mistake

It had the infamy of being the second spiderman reboot in so many years.

Amazing Spider-man 1 and 2

Making Spider-Man into Iron Man's sidekick has caused people to become disinterested. Also the entire supporting cast was annoying.

>Sony Spiderman will ALWAYS be good
Ha

Because white Miles sucks

It came off of the ASM films and had to compete with Apes and Dunkirk

>Also the entire supporting cast was annoying.
Isnt it weird how forced diversity comes across as annoying and artificial.

He feels nothing like Spidermong

>Doesnt run on suffering, run on fanboy fume instead
>No Unca Bon
>Super advanced tech suits right off the start
>Does not rely on Spidersense, rely on some poorman's Friday for some reason
>Literally a sheep who beat the shit out of Cap because Tony told him to
>Shitty quip

All in all, it was like Iron man, but with slinging instead of flying

Spider-man was 2017 while the rest were 2018 and 19.
It was the 2nd Spider-man reboot and came out only 3 years after Amazing 2.
I now regard it as weirdly the most faithful Spider-man movie, but I didn't see it in theaters for fairly superficial reasons.
Diversity MJ
Diversity Flash
Diversity Liz
Diversity Ned
Robert Downey Jr. is a big crybaby faggot because hashtag it was her turn hashtag not my president

Attached: 5dd678581ffeea70f20099dad42e7232.jpg (900x1391, 137K)

Panther and marvel had Disney faggots doing a big movement out of these movies. They manipulated people into watching it calling it a sign of empowerment and peaceful protest.

Aqua shit is a mix of DC faggots trying to save DC movies, contrarians who think DC movies are misunderstood pleb filters, Chinese drones, and whores who wanted to see the rapist from game of thrones shirtless for 2 hours.

Lastly the movie is white miles. Fucking hilarious how that is. If you see the alt version of spiderverse, it felt so much like homecoming animated. I'm glad they re-worked it down the line to something better.

Lion King will be huge.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood will not steal any money from Spider-man.

>live action
>is actually all cgi
Kek. I have doubts on its success. It comes out soon but we only have a teaser no?

Regardless of actual quality, Lion King is gonna make gangbusters. It's gonna be Beauty and the Beast live action all over again: no one is actually going to like it but its gonna make a billion fucking dollars despite that.

But that Spider-Man is both Disney AND Sony, not Disney alone.

>arguably most popular disney movie for anyone under 35
>musical
>massive marketing
>literally one of the most stacked casts of all time
>beyonce
>2 weeks without any kids competition (dora)
>3 weeks til any real kids competition (artemis fowl, which will probably flop)

Lion King is a for sure billion.

Maybe a bit of fatigue, still made a shit ton

Some dumb faggots on Yea Forums would have you believe it wasn't good. It was actually really good. People just have Spider-Man fatigue though.

It fucking sucked. No idea why they felt like Spider-Man of all people needed his hand held by an established character but someone like Ant-Man or the GotG didn't. The Insomniac game was amazing heh though and it was everything that the character should have been in the MCU.

All the box-office money went to Sony. Disney wasn't really interested in financial success of that movie.

>Sony Spiderman will ALWAYS be good
What is Amazing Spider-Man for $200 Alex.

>Sony Spider-Man
Of all the ones to defend.

>No idea why they felt like Spider-Man of all people needed his hand held by an established character

Established in the Spider-Man deal that Sony could use an A-list hero for the film and they chose Robert Downey Jr.

Two had ticket sales padded by the company that produced them, and one was actually enjoyed by the audience.

people seen spider-movie before
what about spider-verse did that gross a billion?

that's because Peter wasnt a highschool kid. They wanted him to be a kid.

>shit casting
>shit story
>shit charactarization

Explained.

I was tired of this gay midget the moment he was cast. I want Spider-Chad back.

Attached: 55480ca2551b5b532ea968048a1ef91c.jpg (683x683, 141K)

hold on the suffering part I will give you, bit do you really fucking expect out of all of the super heroes, the quipmaster not to fucking Quip?

>that annoying fat black chinese mixed monster
>that annoying MJ
>that annoying flash
>that ridiculous young May
>zoomer Parker
>Happy "the stupid, angry and useless" Hogan in a main role
The only good things in this total shit: Liz and Keaton, Homecoming is one of the worst movies I've seen in my life

And the irony is that for all the bitching about race-bending characters in movies and and comics and claiming that they should support the actual characters that are female and/or minority, people supported race-bended Aquaman while shitting on BP and Captain Marvel.

It's kind of diluted when everyone quips and Peter's quips are pretty bad.

spidersense will come into play next movie with mysterio.

What the fuck is "quips"? Explain burgers

even so why would expect him of all people not too. I dont get this quip hate really, if anything it gets a smirk from me and makes them all human.

Human beings don't quip during intense dramatic moments like Marvel characters do.

side comments or jokes at someone's expense or observational humor that is said quickly with little thought at all to them.

Yeah, but he's known as a perpetual C-lister.

Oh I see everything needs to be serious! Yeah no, Quips are Peter's thing for dealing with stress and seems to be the same thing for the other characters. If you want them to just stand there brooding over peeing their pants in an intense moment then go to DC.

Not everything needs to be serious, but Marvel movies don't have ANY serious moments. Every time something bad happens somebody quips. There's no tension. And don't bring DC into this. They're shit too.

What did he mean by this?

It's an on-the-spot, witty remark.

Basically every other line from Tony.

I remember the snap where black panther said Hey at least we arent liek the rest of afri-
or when cap and iron man fought and he wanted his shield back and cap said Sorry I didnt put a bow on it.
Or Peter fought the Vulture and was held down by some rubble and said You can do it Spider-man Believe in me that believes in uncle Tony. And So on. I really think you need to tone down the They quip too much rhetoric. They do do it alot, but when no one is doing it then you know real serious shit was happening.

It's real fucking annoying. Dr. Strange has just had the Ancient One die on him, he's actually shedding tears. Then the fucking cloak starts to wipe his eyes and he has to bat it away.

Pretty much. Tony's are usually of a belittling, big ego nature.

yeah and?

Remember that fucking Dan Harmon, a man who admitted that he'd never actually read a Dr. Stange comic, came in as a "consultant" because Feige didn't think Dr. Strange was funny enough to have truly mainstream appeal.

Between the shoehorned in humour (LOL BEYONCE) and the blatant China pandering, Dr. Strange was just pure wasted potential.

see and numerous other scenes

I never read it either and if there was little humor then I wouldnt have like the movie as much, but still liked it.

The original script reportedly had much stronger horror leanings than what was committed to film, even pre-Harmon. Remember that Derrickson got his debut directing some of those latter-day Hellraiser movies, so it makes sense.

Other people dont find it annoying, that's the thing. What's annoying is the complaints over it. You just have a small sense of humor.

That woudl have been cool but we can't deviate from the Disney formula can we? Star Wars suffered the same thing, especially TLJ. On the one hand it's supposed to be a super bleak deconstruction of the OT, and on the other it starts with a fucking yo mama joke.

woah, the Starwars didnt suffer from having humor it suffered from poor plot and giving girl power for no reason. Not humor.

You're the kind of guy who laughs at fart jokes, aren't you?

well timed ones, yes. Though I am not the type of guy to be so full of myself I look at any attempts to be light hearted as a bad thing.

>we'll never get that Doctor Strange movie that's like El Shaddai crossed with Jacob's Ladder

Hold me.

no you are all sweaty

There's a difference between light-hearted and a joke. Raimi's Spider-man movies were light-hearted. Homecoming is a joke.

Nobody virtue signals by going to a Spider-Man movie. I would stake my left eye on the fact that half of Panther and Marvel's ticket sales were people supporting a pet cause with their wallet.

but you know what's weird, when people find the humor cringey I have the same cringe when things get serious. I guess since it's a movie I dont take it seriously, and I have seen some shit, but when they try to make a serious tone they often make it very unappealing I pray for some one to fart and break that scene.

hahahaha, no. Sam raimi spiderman was soap opera turned up too high. This spiderman had the tone right. Raimi was nothing but Peter problems and then spiderman just showed up. It wasnt a spiderman movie it was Tobey Maguire playing Peter parker.

Did Ant man and the wasp made $1B?, your statement is biased and flawed

you do know that the black population went in droves to see this movie. My buddies wouldnt stop talking about it and referencing it.

Maybe because that's the core of Spider-man's character, zoomer.

I dont know if it did, but I did love that movie. Liek when ant man was talking to his daughter about needing a partner and she chuckles only to hurt her feelings for a moment. Oh man that was so cute and ai felt so bad for her at once she was so precious.

Boomer here faggot and no not. Maybe read the comics instead of using the 90s cartoon as a refrence since that's what Raimi did, only used even less spiderman.

Franchise fatigue after the webb films

Stop lying, kid. It's nothing like the show. Tobey is nothing like the chad Peter from the cartoon.

I agree Tobey is nothing like the one in the cartoon that's why I said Raimi used as a refrence but used less spiderman.
I'm probably older than you.

Spider cis male is played out, like X-Men he has too many films to be interesting anymore.

Attached: spiderman116_spideydancing1.gif (176x176, 214K)

Hopefully never, Sony is already setting up to kill him off so they can replace him with Miles in their movies after the Disney deal runs out.

Are you implying if a movie made 1B it's constitute to being great? Homecoming and Spiderverse has better RT and audience score than Captain Marvel

they might force Spock to happen so miles can beat Peter. fuck slott and fuck spock.

MCU Spidey sucks farts.

That doesn't mean shit considering all the other characters they made movies about.

>Black Panther
Black people appeal, "woke", huge viral push to get black schoolkids tickets, "first black superhero movie", released right before Infinity War and during Black History Month
>Captain Marvel
Female appeal, "first female superhero movie", released right before Endgame on Women's Day, bent the MCU over backwards to fit her into the story
>Aquaman
Asian appeal with all the CGI and Wan, huge meme factor, cast of popular and established actors, went all out on the comics spectacle angle

>Spider-Man
Released after the awful Webb films and subject to fatigue of five Spider-Man films before it, cast of literally whos, crippled potential by Sony's imposed limitations, haphazardly thrown into the MCU too late with Civil War

Its still part of Sony so Disney will not spend money to inflate the numbers and bandwagon the dumbasses

Too much racebending

>if I string together incoherent memes, people will think I'm cool
cool.

The highschool angle crippled it.
It was so cringe it was like watching Camp Rock or High school musical tier of disney movies.

Also I think Disney didnt really want to to make dough beacause they will share it with Sony.

TobySpidey only really took off when he was in college and working in the real world.

i don't know, when is Iron man/Cap/Thor fatigue coming?

Fucking idiot

>if I call an argument memes I'll be correct
coolio

>that uglyass cgi suit compared to something now like Deadpool's suit

It doesn't deserve a million. Also Black MJ and Stark doing everything.

Attached: 1545526007673.jpg (1126x1115, 205K)

they only had 3 major movies staring just them, the rest they werent the main part of the story. Kind of Like the Hulk.

>TobySpidey only really took off when he was in college
Spider-Man sold more tickets domestically than Spider-Man 2, and both did more than Spider-Man 3. Sony has been getting diminishing returns from Spider-Man since the first movie.

only zoomers wanted that God awful suit

That's MORE than spider-man you fucking idiot faggot.

Spider-man had ONE movie with him with a sequel coming. Fucking idiot.

All the other appearences weren't about him. Which was only Civil War and Infinity War. How does that make any fucking sense?

Spider-Man sits at #5 domestically vs all cape movies.
Spider-Man 2 at #8
Spider-Man 3 at #12
Homecoming at #28
Amazing Spider-Man at #35
ASM 2 at # 49

Homecoming didn't restore the glory of the Raimi films, but it stopped the death-spiral.

>only 3 major movies
>spider-man only had one, 2 is not even out yet

Yeah makes perfect sense you braindead idiot

Adjusted for inflation Homecoming would have made 907 millions today

how many titles has had spider-man in its name?
now how many titles does thor captain America and ironman.
so far spidey is up to 7 and going on 8 while the other 3 just have 3. So even though this is MCU spider-man, people will still harken back to those old spiderman movies and have spiderman fatoque. I know this is a hard concept for you while you are screaming like an incoherent child but fact is Normies dont care who made the movies, they will say " you see one spiderman you see them all."

see

I like black MJ

Attached: MJ.webm (1280x534, 1.89M)

Yeah but Killmonger was in the 1st panther movie, not the 6th.

Her character seems to just stir up shit when she can so she's a troublemaker.

Killmonger was a more sympathetic villain than vulture was. Killmonger had personal Stakes along with a righteousness about him.

I want twink Peter to get BLACKED

The Amazing Spider-Man films damaged the brand.

>venom crossed the millions
>spiderman didn't in recent years
The absolute state of spidey

I don't understand all the Killmonger hype. He wasn't even the best villain in Black Panther.

Attached: IMG_2596.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Fuck you

Klaw was great though. M'baku was cool to although he turned out to be more of an ally in the long run. The Killmonger plot just made Wakanda look like idiots. When he was saying Black Panther failed to bring them Klaw but he succeeded why did nobody fucking mention the fact Blackpantger DID catch Klaw and that Killmonger was the one that set him free? Also why would such an advanced society just let some random mercanary (despite his royal blood that's all he is) just take over and burn all their purple plants. It was all so frustrating to watch. Should have just stuck with Klaw as the villain.

Nothing faithful except the suit design.

It just didn't feel like Spider-Man. Aunt May is different, MJ is different, Flash is different, no Uncle Ben, Tony Stark is his mentor. It was just a really weird take on the character. I understand why they did it and as a chapter in he MCU it's fine. As a Spider-Man adaption it's pretty weak though. At least Vulture was good.

You are just as bad as the burgers you thick cunt

the first five movies didn't what made you think the sixth one would? maybe Spidey just isn't as popular as you thought he was.

I miss Tobey

holy shit she's tall

Depends how you measure popularity. Spider-Man is kinda like Superman in that his movies don't make huge amounts but when it comes to merchandise sales and general recognition he beats almost every other hero.

Amen brother

>Raimi Spider-Man is good
This meme needs to die already

wtf dude

emoji movie? seriously?

Easy
>Spider-Man doesn't hit anything

Its not that he does, its that his Quips are funny or scathing, due to Disney pacifying everything

Superman and Batman are far more oversaturated

Dumbo and Pooh flopped tho

>Spider-Chad
The chaddest.

Attached: PeterParker.jpg (500x706, 35K)

Wanna climb her, white boi?

Attached: 1550128490348.jpg (1191x1820, 240K)

Human beings don't usually get into intense dramatic moments like marvel characters do, though. What sets them apart is that they're the exception and they're exceptional.

She's not just an asshole, she's a meta-asshole.

Unlike the other movies you listed, Spidey already has a built in fan base, and a lot of them (me included) didn’t want to see yet another bad attempt at a Spider-Man movie. On top of that character oversaturation.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are awesome movies.
3 is not very good, with moments of good sprinkled in.
ASM 1 and 2 are disasters.

>Deadpool movie came and replaced Spidey as Marvels most popular character for teens
>Deadpool achieved: A joke cracking smartass, completely relatable, has partner in crime side kick, has a girl that he's afraid to open up to due to circumstances, goof turned hero, popular with kids and all this is supposed to be Spideys appeal
>Black Panther also became this in his movie with a family that supports his superheroics

Same with SO. And early comic Spidey.

i want to say poor word of mouth

red and blue boy didn't look like spidey, didn't move like spidey, didn't talk like spidey, didn't act like spidey

he acted like a generic kid / teen superhero instead of, you know, spidey.

why would i want to watch this film if i'm a fan of spidey and not of generic teen / kid superhero crap?

it's not spidey.

also, asm1 was ok but asm2 was HORSESHIT.

fool me once, you know?

as a fan of the 90s cartoon, this really shouldn't be a problem, especially since real spiders attack by pouncing at oblique angles and wrestling their prey into submission.

also, a guy who's hell bent on being the 'friendly neighborhood spiderman' isn't going to want to be known for punching the head off of a criminal.

>Disney Spiderman will ALWAYS be shit and Sony Spiderman will ALWAYS be good. There is no redemption.

sony wasn't really my thing even if i liked aspects of it. but then again i preferred the 2000s fantastic four and some other stuff with marvel characters to mcu so i can sort of relate

Underrated post

The guy said "They doesn't have ANY serious moments!"
The other guy then proceeds to list a row of serious moments.
You respond with ONE moment (that isn't even a quip, mind you) and act like the others doesn't count.
Well done.

Oh guys do you remember when Pete was stuck underneath two tons of rubble and said "Oh boy I sure am deep down in trouble!"
Or when he was literaly being turned into dust and said to Tony "Please Mr Stark don't snort my ashes like Robe-"...
Those were funny.

It's a shit spider-man movie carried to 800+ only by spider-man and marvel brands

That's not what reviews and most people think.

Star Wars TLJ suffered from being directed by a literal mentaly impaired human being.

Now you went full retard.

>second reboot of Spider-Man
Listen, I hope we stick with Tom Holland for a while. If we get another reboot, I'm going to fucking lose it.

>Atomic Blonde
Fuck. I still need to see that.

Source: My ass

people were tired of spiderman

>Killmonger was a more sympathetic villain than vulture was
The Vulture is a small business man run out of business by a big millionaire. That is so prevalent in America. I'd argue that is sympathetic for a lot of people.

I miss Spidey being a influencer and teacher.

I'd also argue Baby Driver. It came out at the tail end of June, but it had such good word of mouth, I'm sure that also took away from Homecoming.

It's pretty okay. I was expecting it to be a lot fucking worse though. Seriously, the movie had SIX writers on it. No movie should fucking need half a dozen people to write it.

yes it is, it's underwhelming, not-spectacular, un-amazing, IE opposite of what spider-man should be
if it wasn't the for two brands nobody would give two shits about the movie and notice it existed in the first place

If you sympathize with a raging moron, sure
this, movie lost all steam the moment he got kill

And all of the Raimi films would have made a billion each

Amy Pascal is still at the helm of anything Spider-Man related at Sony, and with the recent success of Spider-Verse I wouldn't be surprised if they went for the woke route to avoid another ASM, when the Disney contract expires. Amy already talks about Holland like he's dying.

>“I think about crying,” Pascal said of a future in which Spider-Man and Marvel retreat to separate corners. “I can only hope for a future where things work out."

>“I can only hope for a future where things work out."
That future is just selling the rights back to Marvel/Disney

If the brand alone can carry a shit movie to such extents how come HC was the most successful Spider-Man movie since the Raimi trilogy? Did all the others run out of brand magic?

The baffling success of Venom and Spider-Verse pretty much killed every possibility of that happening anytime soon

>Spider-Verse
Baffling indeed

Venom making that much money made me hate fucking everything about it. That movie looked like trash, but normies ate it up.

2 brands nigga, and RDJ slapped all over for good measure

>"MISTER STARK MY BALLS ARE FINALLY DROPPING"

Attached: pider.jpg (640x480, 45K)

>t. Still mad about his Snoke theory being wrong

>always
I didn’t know you were a psychic. Talking about the future in absolutes is about as retarded as chewing on Legos.

>More sympathetic
>Kills a shitload of people, including his gf, in cold blood and no remorse

Very buzzworthy and cool

God the art in that issue was fucked. What were they thinking?

because he was right.

I was the exact person Homecoming was made for, I think, because I really loved it. I think everyone has an MCU movie that they attach themselves to that a bunch of other people don't care about as much, and mine was Homecoming

it was for a cause, you just dont understand it.

The last Spider-Man movie was dogshit and people go off of previous experience.

Vulture was the first spidey villain

superman didnt bring interesting villians to the table either, mainly because they didnt fucking use them!

Homecoming might have not been the best title, Homecoming dance is something only Americans are familiar with so in my country it was called Spider-man: Going Home

FPBP AND DUBS OF TRUTH. It's true though, Tom Holland and Disney fucking do not understand Spider-Man and gave us the worst incarnation of the character ever.

We've already seen Spider-Man like 18 times.
Black Panther, Aquaman, and Captain Marvel were something new.

>That future is just selling the rights back to Marvel/Disney
So then we never get a good spiderman movie again?