The Flash's movie production is a huge clusterfuck

>Phil Lord & Chris Miller’s draft was an action-comedy Flash VS. Rogues story with Channing Tatum eyed for Captain Cold, but they dropped out to do SOLO.

>Seth Grahame-Smith’s draft was a revised version of the Lord/Miller draft with Rogues as ex-military, but he was fired for being too unexperienced.

>Rick Famuyiwa’s draft was an action thriller with Flash and Cyborg fighting Captain Cold and Golden Glider, and a subplot about Barry investigating the unlawful shooting of a black kid. Famuyiwa quit when Warner switched gears and demanded a lighter movie.

>Joby Harold’s draft was an adaptation of “Flashpoint” with DYEL Superman, Batdad, Aquaman VS. Wonder Woman, etc. that went through multiple rewrites following JL flopping and Ben Affleck deciding to quit being Batman.

>At different points it was a Flashpoint-themed Flash/Batman team-up to send off Affleck, a Flashpoint-themed Flash/Wonder Woman team-up, a Flashpoint-themed stealth Justice League sequel where Eobard Thawne changes History so they never come together and takes over the word, and Flash must assemble their alt-versions to fix the world.

>At some point it was even a murder mystery with Doctor Light as the main villain, Captain Cold and Heatwave as secondaries and Killer Frost somehow involved.

>Turned out by numerous directors like Ben Affleck, Robert Zemeckis, Sam Raimi, Marc Webb and Matthew Vaughn.

>Jon Daley & Jonathan Goldstein brought to rework Flashpoint as a fun 80's throwback before Warner switches gears again and decides go with a smaller scope.

>Daley & Goldstein deliver a well-received lighthearted Flash VS. Thawne story with the Rogues as secondaries, but Ezra Miller is determined to have his dark Flashpoint adaptation and recruits Grant Morrison to help write his own script where Barry and Jay Garrick have to stop Thawne from destroying the Multiverse by murdering all of its Flashes.

>Miller now planning to quit since WB didn’t take his script, will have to be recast.

Attached: Yikes.png (789x716, 850K)

>Remember when your movie got stuck in development hell? It was me, Barry! I run Warner Bros!

Attached: Thawne.jpg (339x420, 29K)

They should hold limited screenings for the public and get quick surveys to see how bad it will be. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam have been pretty good. They're picking up steam, but at this point if they release a bad movie they're fucked.

Oh please just do The Rogues as the villains. Have a lineup of Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master. I'd even recommend giving them a spinoff movie, but I fear too many people would compare it to Suicide Squad for dumb reasons.

Attached: Rogues.jpg (900x1357, 370K)

Who even cares. Ezra Miller can go fuck himself.

Some of this is pure supposition, although based on factual news - however, all movies go through re-writes. Flash has suffered because Cereal Lord has been on an agenda to have his shitty canon be adapted (and thus become THE DC canon for the vast unwashed a/k/a normies) and thus all the FP push post Smith being fired.

Smith was a mistake and WB not signing Lord & Miller once they got shitcanned on Solo was a secondary, related mistake by WB.

Assume you meant to type "TURNED DOWN" not out, but a lot of people passing on the option to be involved is not new, a lot of directors are considered on tent pole/summer pop corn type movies before someone is hired on.

Also, this was better discussed when the first gossip was posted, there's no need for a new thread when there isn't any confirmation of you last two paragraphs nor any actual different fan fiction, or otherwise.

There's no movie to show. This is all shit post and gossip.

blame Geoff

Ezra being out is great, his Flash sucked

Because the Rogues need their own movie? of course they'd compare it to suicide squad

Johns messed up a lot of stuff when he got promoted
He really wanted to prove he was as good as fiege but sadly some people are only destined to be comic book guys

>Miller now planning to quit since WB didn’t take his script, will have to be recast.
Good. I'll take
>Daley & Goldstein deliver a well-received lighthearted Flash VS. Thawne story with the Rogues as secondaries
then please.

Hey now, don't talk shit on The Rogues. You're damn right I want my super hero Heat heist movie

>Four villains in one movie

Come on, lad. We've been there before.

Attached: Sinister Six.png (980x689, 1.22M)

How the fuck is this Geoff's fault? He was hired as an consultant, which they ignored until Aquaman and Shazam.
To be fair all you really need to do is focus on Snart. The other Rogues are just for show. It's like you've never seen supporting cast for an antagonist before

>Seth Grahame-Smith’s draft was a revised version of the Lord/Miller draft with Rogues as ex-military, but he was fired for being too unexperienced.
This is my fear if I ever become a screenwriter or some shit.

Captain Cold, Golden Glider, Heat Wave, Weather Wizard, Top, and Pied Piper. Top and Cold clash over how the Rogues are run, with Top pushing for more of an organized crime approach as he sees himself as above the Rogues' robberies and burglaries. Pied Piper is treated as some rich kid LARPing despite using his family's money and connections to bankroll and plan out their heists, leading him to turn on the Rogues.

>Ezrashill still damage controlling

I really hope you at least get paid.

>How the fuck is this Geoff's fault?

Johns has been scapegoated into the sole responsible for the DCEU's shortcomings by a lot of fans. Mostly Snyder defenders who believe Johns betrayed him.

>everything I don't like is a shill
kys

Does it matter? From what little has been seen of The Flash, they don't even know how to film feet touching the ground. Who would have any faith in them to make a movie at this point? Who would want to see guaranteed garbage?

>Yea Forums is all for some more generic storytelling.
>Yea Forums would rather have a retelling of Flash S01 in a 2 hour movie than a multiverse romp with multiple Flashes.

did he kill your family or something? I don't get it

Eh eh, "run".

Attached: laughing snoy.jpg (266x296, 20K)

Glad they are going with a smaller scale script... and especially glad they are getting rid of Ezra, he was such a god awful flash in Justice League

Recasting Miller sounds fine.
If they're ditching Supermans and Batmans, why not get a new Flash?

Also, fuck Flashpoint, it was never a good story, and is an even worse story for a first solo movie because it is way too big in scope.

This. Dude sucks, tell him to take a hike.

Warner is so desperate to make this movie "fun" that they're killing it.

>Also, fuck Flashpoint, it was never a good story, and is an even worse story for a first solo movie because it is way too big in scope.
Based. It's like Injustice or DP Kills, it's only popular with casual moviegoers because it's edgy and constantly kept in print.

Injustice at least has a novelty to it seeing how retarded the plot can get

They aren't ditching Cavill though, he's still under contract. Also Rumor is since Matt Reeves is doing a prequel, Affleck has said he'd like to be Batman again if they let him direct.

>Also Rumor is since Matt Reeves is doing a prequel, Affleck has said he'd like to be Batman again if they let him direct.

He's gone, bro. Just accept it.

They're all leaving except Gadot and Momoa
just accept it and stop living in denial

The fact that we actually got into spitting distance of a Morrison-penned DC film, but didn't get it is a tragedy.

I'd have fucking killed to see Grant write a superhero movie.

Does his pettiness know no bounds?!

If you're OP, you're even more of an idiot if that's your response to being called out on bullshit fan fic and internalized head canon

>He was hired as an consultant,
His job, since New 52, in 2011, was to work on getting DC Comics IP put into live action and animated as well as any other kind of adaptation (Lego, Young Adult, childrens work, etc.). THAT WAS HIS LITERAL JOB.

Then, he got promoted to CO-PRESIDENT of DC Films, meaning he was responsible for the DCEU.

He was never just a fucking consulting.

>Mostly Snyder defenders
This board is full of people who never get into the company war movie/tv threads who think Cereal Lord is an idiot

THE FUCKING STATED HE WAS A CONSULTANT. He wasn't responsible for the entire DCEU, you're an idiot if you think otherwise. Johns was fighting an uphill battle because he had to deal with Snyder, his wife, and everyone else who didn't want to admit there was a problem. So as a result, they gave him input on shit like Aquaman and Shazam, shit they didn't have much stock in to begin with. NOW we're seeing the fallout from all of this, and what should have happened. I'm not going to pretend Johns fucking run on Justice League wasn't shit in New 52, but at least he would have the goddamn sense not to do a forced Death of Superman right before Justice League. JL itself was a monster of Snyder's making, mixed with Whedon/executives trying to salvage it.

>all you really need to do is focus on Snart.
fuck that, oceans 8 with superweapons/powers, flash is the antagonist, rogues are the protagonists

People really need to stop denying production on this movie is fucked

>Come on, lad. We've been there before.
Yeah, we have. It was called Into the Spider-Verse and had a whole not-Sinister Six

>Wonder womyn and good in the same sentence

Is it though

Attached: eh2.png (900x665, 137K)

I don't think anyone's denying that
Wonder Woman's bad now, good to know.

Wonder Woman was always mediocre as shit, albeit less mediocre than Captain Marvel which was a snorefest

That's an animated movie. The rules are different and you know it.

>Phil lord and chris miller on flash
>quit to do solo
>get fired from solo
>hired for spiderverse to the end
>flash in development hell, solo first star wars flop, spiderverse won an oscar
Funny isn't it?

I'm pretty sure they were already attached to that while working on Flash/Solo.

he should be black, it's 2019 ffs, there is no need for such blatant racism

>he should be blacked
fixed

>Character who's powers involve running fast and shooting lightning
>Make him black!
user, that's racist.

no, having white lead in the current year is racist

Attached: flash t3_6ac94j.jpg (629x1440, 85K)

At least the Rogues are billed together more than they are separately usually. The Spider-Man villains in 3 and Amazing 2 were crammed together without ever forming the Sinister Six or anything.

Fuck Ezra and fuck Morrison.

Fuck youre mum

fuck your mam