Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

Attached: 250px-Completepeanutsvol15052.jpg (250x202, 15K)

I loved it as a kid. So bizarre seeing Charlie Brown as an asshole.

Our national treasure desu.

It's good, I read this all the time in my first year of high school.

The early strips in particular, or The Complete Peanuts in general?

I'm slowly gathering all the books. I'm up to 1966 now.

That looks like the artists got paid peanuts to do it.

When I grow up see this, I feel more like a masterpiece

Attached: raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg (360x360, 12K)

I wish I had a complete peanuts but my parents had me circumcised:(

We need to go back

Attached: Shit was fucked up since the beginning.jpg (530x418, 61K)

>being mean with chuck

Attached: 1553173951195.jpg (790x1000, 108K)

Attached: 346.jpg (1195x950, 301K)

Sounds like they should have hired a doctor instead of a veterinarian.

the old strips seem okay but i ain't paying money for anything before peppermint patty showed up.

Attached: 10671255_821911581192933_1209947359903852258_n.jpg (612x612, 39K)

In the middle of it right now; pretty good and still holds up over half a century later.

Some of these strips got really fucking real

People used to demand more gravitas from their Sunday morning funny papers.

He never had a chance

Attached: Poor bastard.jpg (408x341, 36K)

>artists

Attached: Peanuts Vol 2 013-022.jpg (192x174, 10K)

Too good for this world

Attached: Classic Charlie Brown.jpg (1420x1260, 186K)

Based

That's a lot of nuts!

sounds pretty nuts

Lucy is also a wide-eyed sweet girl that sometimes got bullied by Charlie Brown (from what I can remember)
He took care of her but sometimes he'd treat her like shit, really puts things into perspective

Shermy getting replaced by Blanket Shermy is the most tragic thing of all time.

I love the original peanuts art style

I bought nearly a dozen of them as they came out before I ran out shelf room and disposable income to keep buying them (having changed jobs).

I've since sold them and bought the four volume "Peanuts in the __" set that covers every non-Sunday strip from the start of the 50s to the end of the 80s. Four volumes, nice and big and take up a fraction of the shelf space the Fantographic volumes do.

I used to read these compilations about 7 years ago, but stopped upon realizing nothing really changes, and characters stay static. Better than early Garfield, but not by a lot.

Mai waifu.

The best of American comics...written by a German guy but still wonderful. By the way sometimes he forgot the last name of the character was Brown instead of the german version Braun

It's impressive how good his characters are, practically every girl there is a great character. I would like to have the complete collection

this right here is a /clown world/ edit in the making.

>practically every girl there is a great character.
He writes them realistically with actual character flaws.

>stopped upon realizing nothing really changes, and characters stay static
That's part of the appeal of newspaper strips though. Calvin & Hobbes, Dilbert, whatever, it's about seeing these familiar characters do their thing, not some linear narrative about their transformation over time.

How have I not heard of this until just now?

Calvin & Hobbes has a short run, and ended forever, BEFORE creator died.

Doesn't change the fact that it didn't rely on an overarching plot to be entertaining.

Peanuts ran for FIFTY YEARS with 0 change.

And that's a good thing

Does libgen have the entire collection?

... said every journalist ever.

So what?

I recently reread all of Calvin And Hobbes. The first 2/3rds were a nice mix of stand-alone/arc stories. But the last three books were pretty much 100% stand-alone garbage with no arcs and the quality of Calvin and Hobbes dropped to the point of the strip being unreadable.

In retrospect, Calvin and Hobbes already reached the cancer stage when Watterson euthanized it. And it's reputation only survived because the syndication group relaunched a carefully curated selection of the best strips/arcs to go straight into repeats until the strip went away for good, that distracted from the garbage nature of it by the end.

I think it's great. Earlier volumes are probably the best.

Attached: 1450541704691.gif (900x177, 69K)

This.

Calvin and Hobbes had about 2-3 years where it was great and the rest it was garbage.

I feel sort of the same. The art style is still wonderful, and there are some really great strips in there, but there's also a really tiresome, pedantic sort of tone that creeps into the comic sometimes, and from what I recall it really ramps up in the later stages.

>artist

Time to Nuke this board

I may not be a villain yet, but i can become an hero.

Now imagine repeating that day for every year of your life.
Or repeating this one... Both are equally terrifying concepts.

Attached: CartoonPeanuts621To624.jpg (600x508, 127K)