New Disney 2019 slate

New Disney 2019 slate

Attached: 1554331795821.jpg (1200x900, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wZ1vn85iQRE
variety.com/2018/film/news/disney-box-office-2018-1203085934/
youtube.com/watch?v=wXlBep9uFjI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onward_(film)
screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-release-date-2023-james-gunn-rehired/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1554331863501.jpg (1200x900, 142K)

Shelf Dark Phoenix it's not too late

>Disney's dark phoenix
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: Joker-1_Jared-Leto.jpg (768x960, 63K)

Why do they refuse to show anything beyond this year? There's movies coming out a year from now we don't know about.

Surely to God they're not going to actually try and work that hunk into the MCU are they?

New Mutants
coming soon to Hulu

Way to be family friendly Disney. Homosexuals and monster fucking.

Don’t care
Still waiting April 11 to see if Disney+ brings anything good

>Tolkien
Excuse me?

Did they not list Far From Home because Sony?

youtu.be/wZ1vn85iQRE

They are setting themselves for a fall. The budgets are out of control. A movie about a flying elephant didn't need a 170 million budget and god knows how much they spent on advertising especially since it became a massive write off for them.

Cant wait for episode 9 to destroy any chance of saving Star Wars, robbing the rat of billions

New Mutants is dead, isn't it?

>Alan Horn, president of the Film division, said he has no idea what the fuck "The Shape of Water" is even though it is on this slide

Welp, the GDT Haunted Mansion is deader then dead.

It's distributed by Sony Pictures, same as Homecoming.

>As a young student, J.R.R. Tolkien finds love, friendship and artistic inspiration among a group of fellow outcasts. These early life experiences soon inspire Tolkien to write the classic fantasy novels "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings."

Just your usual inspirational biopic. But I don't think they'll even scratch the surface of just how much of a fucking nerd he was.

Wait a malificent 2? Since when was that announced? At least the first movie was an ok reimagining dispite not really being a mistress of all evil in that interpretation.

huh, so they are still going forward with new mutants?

They don’t care, it’s already dead. They’ll still make billions on merch and the new park rides and in 15 years they’ll reboot again and you’ll all eat that shit up think It’ll be different this time

Remember when the first cast members were announced on April 1st of 2016? Turns out it really was an April Fools joke

Disney also said BlueSky will be treated on the same level as Pixar and Disney Animation

She is supposed to be Aurora's Mom now or something like that.

>merch
Sorry but no one wants 5POA rey figures, since that’s all they are willing to make for the brand now

>Call of the Wild
More dying in the Alaskan Tundra kino?

>Artemis Fowl movie
Son of a bitch, I'm way too excited about this

Attached: ahhhyessss.gif (460x351, 309K)

man, still no name huh. It has to be out in less than 8 months, it has to be at least fully written by this point and they can't publicly commit to a name?

>The Butler is not Batista.
Dropped

I thought WB had the rights to everything LOTR related.

Trailer?

>Iron Man used to be the face of Marvel Studios
>now it's Carol

Why does everyone think I’m referring to the new shit when I say merch?
You’re still going to buy lightsabers and original trilogy figures and Darth Vader Halloween costumes years after this film ends since you’ll all still be nostalgic for the originals . This is why they bought Star Wars

They don’t even make figures from the old movies anymore, ones that are good anyways. They still rot on store shelves now.

Go home Kathleen

Wow, other than Endgame, literally none of those films look appealing to me. I most dread Toy Story 4, for potentially ruining Toy Story, and Artemis Fowl, for potentially ruining one of my favorite tweenage book series.

Well it IS the latest entry in the films

Dark Phoenix will end with Jean going nuclear and recreating the FoX-Men universe from scratch, inserting it into the newly-formed MCU that will be born as a result of Endgame.

Do I need to link to the Hasbro and Funko shit they make or are you going to be this bad at economics that you think they don’t capitalize on the old Star Wars stuff
Not an argument

Is there anything about that 2020 film that was supposed to replace gigantic? I don't see anything on it.

I want more animated films desu. One endgame is over, I'm done with disney movies until something original and animated comes along.

No. The details of his life story are in the public domain. If people want to know about Tolkien they can read his published letters.

The hasbro figures suck now and constantly shelfwarm, your point?
>using funko poops as a defense
Thanks for invalidating your argument

>dark phoenix

Attached: 1450118974891.jpg (750x500, 226K)

>Blue Sky lives another day

So will they actually make something respectable after that pigeon shit?
Are the people behind the Peanuts movie still working there?

The point is they sell and are selling original trilogy products and people are buying that shit, exactly what you asked me to prove, I don’t care if the product quality is shit. Stop moving the goalposts and realize the bigger picture of Star War’s purpose to Disney

Where can I go on the internet to have the kind of conversations these posts are pretending to be?

This is where it ends, there is none anymore.

I'm not even mad about artemis fowl desu. They can't make it any more cancerous than it already was

It’s not moving goalposts you dense idiot, you’re missing my point. The bad quality of the new movies plus the newer products sucking means that they aren’t even selling to the nostalgic market anymore.

If you make half a billion dollars with every movie it's more than reasonable to spend 170 million.

Further, what fucking sense does that make? If you're preparing for a fall, wouldn't you spend less, rather than more?

Artemis Fowl is certainly dead on arrival. It's Alan Horn's last chance at recreating another adaptation based franchise like HP/LOTR (back when he ran WB).

I think I will see Endgame and then not go to the movies for quite some time until like GotG3 comes out.

>in 15 years they’ll reboot again and you’ll all eat that shit up think It’ll be different this time

As long as they make the sequels non-canon, I'll come back.

>Using Fox films that were made before the aquisition to represent their company
That's pretty fucking disingenuous.

New shit they aren’t selling, they are selling original trilogy shit and it’s still a merchandise empire. You can’t use the “muh Rey figures” defense for that

The problem is they're having a lot of falls recently. Christopher Robin, Mary Poppins, the Dumbo movie, Nutcracker, Wrinkle in Time, etc not to mention the problems with SW. It's not good when it seems they are mostly being buoyed by the MCU and a lot of the stuff put out by Disney studios doesn't seem to be making bank.

They barely make OT stuff now and the stuff they do make still doesn’t sell you thick thick moron, that was my entire point. Maybe in the future if they improve character roasters and quality then it might sell, but atm it does not.

Plus Disney can just drop a couple million on new CGI and re-rerelease the OT into theaters for a guaranteed profit.

>Ford v Ferrari
shit more info?

What's Ad Astra? Do we know anything about it besides Brad Pitt? I for one can't wait to see how Disney tries to horribly portray astronomy and astronauts, and come to the conclusion that space is bad

Attached: 1439067498835.jpg (413x449, 50K)

>Call of the Wild
There gonna fuck it up, aren't they?

>Ford v. Ferrari
What?

Those were all in the last year, before that the live-action "re-imaginings" and sequels were doing great, and they had a massive year regardless between Infinity War, Black Panther, and Incredibles 2.
I'm just glad those movies under-performing suggests we may finally be at the end of their current phase of mining their IP in live action for easy bucks - The Lion King (and Aladdin, to a lesser extent) seem like surefire bets because of the enduring popularity of their source material, so if either of those falter it will be the final death knell

Spoiler alert Ford wins.

Probably not RIGHT after. They'll probably finish up the few movies they already have in the pipeline. After that, who knows? I'm really fucking excited either way. If Disney's actually serious about raising Blue Sky's standard of quality to a higher level then I'm eager to see if they hold up to that and what could come from it.

That's not true at all. Sure, Marvel brings in a lot of the bread but all of their animated films and Star Wars made a fuck ton of profit last year:

variety.com/2018/film/news/disney-box-office-2018-1203085934/

Depends.

If Disney owns these films now, it would show what they now have in their catalog.

>The film follows an eccentric, determined team of American engineers and designers, led by automotive visionary Carroll Shelby and his British driver, Ken Miles, who are dispatched by Henry Ford II and Lee Iacocca with the mission of building from scratch an entirely new automobile with the potential to finally defeat the perennially dominant Ferrari at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans race in France.
>stars Christian Bale and Matt Damon, directed by James Mangold (Logan, 3:10 to Yuma)
It's a "based on a true story" drama probably gunning for some award nods, not the cartoonish action movie the title may imply. Could be neat though

Proving the product exist doesn't disprove that it is bad and sells poorly.

Wait
The D23 2019 already happend?
AND YOU MOTHERFUCKERS DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT IT?

Attached: debf6697fd13dceb73df110a1da99961.jpg (470x497, 33K)

Have they made any films since the acquisition?

>Disney-Lucasfilm’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story” under-performed with $393.2 million worldwide ($213.8 million domestic and $179.4 million international).
>underperformed
Nigga, it fucking bombed. Is Variety doing that shady thing where they think that all the money made from the movies is net worth, and forget a studio only takes in 40-50%?

Nah, it's just Cinemacon. D23 doesn't happen tell later in the year, after SDCC.

But the trailer looks awful

youtube.com/watch?v=wXlBep9uFjI

Attached: artemis-fowl-judi-dench-commander-root-1150996-1280x0.jpg (1280x705, 125K)

No, this is their presentation at CinemaCon. The screens look shockingly similar to their D23 presentations though.

>The details of his life story are in the public domain.
lol not for long

>J.R.R. Tolkien finds love, friendship and artistic inspiration among a group of fellow outcasts. These early life experiences soon inspire Tolkien to write the classic fantasy novels
BS

He created his Legendarium to give a justification to his conlangs.

To see all of these companies owned by a single entity is the most depressing thing ever.

The worst part though?

Idiots honestly think this image is a good thing.

Why is Rey ready to chop Carol's head off?

There can be only one

"but hey, at least we're going to have Avengers vs. X-Men on the big screen, right..."
right?

Attached: 1553921933813.jpg (210x323, 14K)

That's why I've made it a habit of looking into the things I purchase when it comes to media consumption and actively avoid Disney. Then again, I'm not a fan of all these fucking remakes and I lost interest in the Avengers series since IM 3. As for Star Wars, I'm more of a fan of tabletop.

Why the fuck people want AvX so much

It's people wanting to see the X-Men interacting with the rest of the Marvel universe, since they've been pretty much isolated since 2001.

people like superheroes fighting each other

What people. Yea Forums describes itself as either a hive mind or a mongolian basket weaving astroturfing site.
Old 80s Secret Wars style Obduction a to a War World?

>Artemis Fowl
God fucking dammit, I had completely forgotten that was happening. That trailer looked bland as fuck, and they're fucking up the tone so much.

Attached: 1553409710608.png (263x379, 188K)

>Since when was that announce

Shortly after the first one. Was stuck in development for awhile

People just hear a popular event and they want it regardless of quality. It's why we had MCufags clamoring for Civil War, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign, even fucking Civil War II despite the fact that most people have not read any of those events.

>Maleficent
>decent

Attached: 1554163987276.gif (350x261, 1.04M)

Because they're absolute plebs that know nothing other than a couple big events

Man there's a lot of shit in there

But World War Hulk is cool shit desu

>I'm way too excited about this
If you know enough about Artemis Fowl to be excited you're going to be pissed off when you find out what they've done

It's just not fair

Attached: 1532634625415.gif (426x240, 181K)

Nobody is requesting Civil War 2. Fuck off.

What did they do and how many changes did they do to it?

Probably lends some legitimacy to that speculation that Disney are just gonna dump it on Hulu alongside a physical release with little to no fanfare.

Inspiration can come from multiple sources.

>World War Hulk
Universal still owns the publishing right of Hulk's individual movie, so I doubt how it would happen.

> Endgame
> Toy Story 4
> Frozen 2

The rest is chaff.

Butler is Black instead of Eurasian.
They've cast a girl close to the Artemis actor's age to play Captain Holly Short, who is white rather than having nut-brown skin
Root has been gender swapped and is played by Judi Dench, ruining the pressure Short was under to appear competent as the first female captain.
Artemis is described in the casting call as "warm hearted" in the casting call.

Don't forget that Butler uses a bow instead of a gun.

Everything about this is the complete bastardization of Artemis Fowl. Did they do anything right for the casting?

Attached: 1417243916711.jpg (720x720, 58K)

Like, I know that being the big honcho of Disney is probably something you don't devote a lot of time to, but it's kind of telling when the film that won best picture and you go "I don't keep up with that franchise"

Attached: Shape of Horn.png (587x291, 41K)

At the mall today, I walked by the theater, and they had an AVENGERS stand, and in the A was just Carol, where the rest of the letters were shared. They're pushing her.

well, yeah, she just made a billion after all

No one damn original thought in the entire line-up

He is the head of WDS, and he didn't know what Shape of Water was? Yeah, and that's why originality is dead and remakes are about the only thing Disney does anymore. No creativity, no respect, and this guy is head of a major movie studio and if Shape of Water went through his desk, it would have been thrown away outright.

>I didn't get it
I expect no less of corporate vampires.

Attached: 1424571858714.jpg (680x684, 65K)

Why the FUCK did they design the logo to say ‘Frozen II’ when they’re advertising it as ‘Frozen 2,’ hashtags and all? Sure, Roman numerals make a sequel look more epic and dramatic, but they could’ve at least kept this consistent. Those dumbass marketers need to fix the logo and make it use the standard Hindu-Arabic numeral that we’ve all been using for the past 4+ years when referring to this sequel.

Attached: Frozen II.jpg (1382x2048, 386K)

I'm fucking laughing, thanks for destroying my sides.

The image or what I said?

Is the tweet fake? I hope I'm getting mad over nothing.

I just want Annihilation event in the MCU. Finally possible with Fox acquisition.

Other people that have tweeted about the presentation mentioned that he said it "jokingly", so who knows.

>Frozen 2
>SW9
anyone else gonna be abstaining from Yea Forums from thanksgiving to easter?

See you in phase 15

i don't think anyone talks about star wars on Yea Forums anymore

People try to, but the comics are kinda boring and Resistance is shit that's even worse than the later seasons of Rebels was.

The Art of Racing in the Rain was a nice book, but absolutely does no translate into a film.

>#Frozenll
Doesn't look as good.

I guarantee you Disney will close Blue Sky in the next five years. It won't help that WDAS isn't making much with Jennifer Lee clueless at the helm.

>Alan Horn accidentally insults one of their recently acquired Oscar winners on stage
Poetry.

Supposedly they're waiting until Star Wars Celebration next week to reveal the name and a trailer

>until something original and animated comes along
>Frozen 2 set to rake in billions
>Zootopia 2 basically confirmed at this point

uhhhh.....this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onward_(film)

Have fun not going to the theaters for half a decade
screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-release-date-2023-james-gunn-rehired/

Soccer moms and a majority of americans seeing Frozen 2 wouldn't know roman numerals if you beat them upside the head with them

>well, yeah, she just made a billion after all

and yet nobody is talking about the movie, getting the merch, buying the comics...

weird, almost as if the box office numbers were fake or something

What do you expect? This is like the hundreth YA franchise they tried to bastardize into the next Harry Potter.

Just looking at this image make me feel uninterested

>i don't think anyone talks about star wars on Yea Forums anymore
The general got /trash/ed. So discussion is intermittent at best.

I'm counting at least six flops on this chart

Between Senna and Rush, Hollywood know understands the power of motorsportkino

>muh first female [position] story

reminder

Attached: anon goes red lantern on tlokfag.png (1181x1146, 89K)

>screencapping posts
>"user goes x on--"
fucking children

reddit
he called his cat niggerman fuck that racist dude

Making a shade under $400m counts as underperforming from an objective standpoint. It was the grossly bloated budget that was the problem.

Josh Gad is an unironically great choice for Mulch Diggums.

Oh boy, a third movie adaptation of Dark Phoenix.

Attached: caprisun.jpg (567x563, 61K)

This bait is so low-effort you mixed up Tolkien with Lovecraft.

Attached: typical.png (256x205, 51K)

worst part is that, as hit-or-miss as the x-men fox movies are, at least they had a different flavor than these generic marvel movies

Attached: 233131332.jpg (217x209, 13K)

>all these fucking movies and I just want to watch TS4, Frozen 2 and Star Wars

oof

Just pirate it. Well sometimes the media isn't even worth pirating.

I'm actually worried SW9 is going to go full pandering because of the reception of the stupid idiots who didn't like TLJ but jacked off during Rogue One. And because it's JJ Abrams, the man of surprise boxes.

TLJ killed interest in the franchise.

>I'm actually worried SW9 is going to go full pandering
Did you not see the leaked images of afro planet?

>Did you not see the leaked images of afro planet?
not that kind of pandering though
pandering to brainlets who cry with TLJ and thinkg RotS is good

Its like Disney isn't even attempting to hide the fact that Carol will totally solo Thanos.

Surprise they even stuck with Rey when she and Finn are the 2 shitstains the ruined the already shit franchises.

>artemis fowl
that's over a decade to late

are they cooling off on mcu after spiderman europe? i think they could stand to take more time now that foxmcu is on the same slate

Frozen 2. Frozen Two. Frozen motherfucking II. That's all I care about.

I had to wash my eyes with three James Bond trailers just to get that poor image of Dench off my brain.

The song was the only good thing that came out of it...though I'd prefer the Paris live version more (reminds me of the grim, edgy feel given off by the graphic novels) than that trailer version or the original version. It's also the first time I got to properly listen to Radiohead, actually. Been trying to get to them since I've heard that name being thrown around several years ago in the vein of cool bands but I didn't know where to dive in.

Nigger was a common pet name at the time.

Lol, seriously? Just start with Ok computer. That's their most renowned album.

Doubtful. Unless done properly it might create an even bigger clusterfuck.

Let's be honest, it's not just Disney but our economy in general. There are four malls around where I live (separate towns), and almost all of them are having many stores close down. One straight up closed last weekend. Amazon is kind of making a lot of places close down. I live in Providence, and we could just have a giant building in the center of town just empty if these places keep closing.
Now let's expand upon this idea. What's to say that TV stations won't be the next thing to start closing down? Less and less people watch cable cause they can just watch their favorite shows online and have no need of 80+ channels like they once did. Then you have the video game market doing absolute somersaults now because big companies don't know what to do.
Point being, everyone is pointing at Disney/FOX at being this absolute monster to the system, but it's been happening all over and is kind of getting out of control already. Remember, FOX offered itself up for sale. This isn't a case of Disney strong arming FOX. It was this or COMCAST and I'll be honest, I'd rather have it go to DISNEY then COMCAST.

It's a Fox film by James Gray, underrated auteur.

How the fuck are you people this retarded? The Disney slate is INCLUDING FOX MOVIES BECAUSE THEY NOW OWN THEM

jesus fucking christ letting Yea Forums in here was a mistake

would be okay with this desu

Thank god I'm done with that company after Endgame. I've had enough of their mediocre bullshit. Any person who still gives money to Disney deserves the shit they get

I'm convinced movies like Dumbo are purposefully designed to be flops in order to lower the taxes Disney pays, they probably fudge the budgetary numbers so that they get to keep a bit more of their Marvel money

became a Lightning in less than a month holy shit.

Brb, I need a band-aid after cutting myself on this post.

>tolkien inspired fantasy
>despite being a rip off itself
>other stories that used the same old folklore totally stole from tolkien! fuck timelines!
We know who gave birth to jojo fags at least.

>Any person who gives Disney money deserves their bullshit and terrible movies!
>Oh myself? I'm done with them after I watch the 22nd movie.

Between this and climate change it does genuinely feel like we're heading into a cyberpunk dystopia.
Enjoy your onions burritos and neural uplinks everyone. Next 50 years are gonna be a fucking ride.

>Tom Holland and Chris Pratt are the MC
Is this a new pixar movie or just a chance of give us that joke war of Star-Lord vs. Spider-Man we didnt have in Infinity War and Endgame?

Which is exactly why I'm saying they should fix the logo to better match the hashtag we've all been using since the sequel was first announced.

If they want to promote it as 'Frozen 2,' the logo should directly reflect that. If they wanted to present it as 'Frozen II,' they should've announced it as such years ago. Now the #Frozen2 hashtag has been active far too long for it to be changed to the weird-looking #FrozenII, so Disney needs to follow through with that by updating the logo. They've still got time.

Attached: The logo should be like THIS (in the classic font).png (942x374, 125K)

I know this is just shilling but Dark pheonix god pretty positive reception from the audience when they showed their 10 minute clip.

>Ad Astra
Wait what?

Attached: 19973836372.jpg (720x447, 33K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-115049_Google.jpg (810x1330, 306K)

>Astronaut Roy McBride (Brad Pitt) embarks on a perilous journey across the solar system to find his father, Clifford McBride (Tommy Lee Jones), who mysteriously disappeared 20 years prior, during a one-man voyage to Neptune in search of proof of extraterrestrial life.

Attached: 1550122442412.jpg (960x826, 88K)

It has to be even the asians hated it, and they love blonde whites

Sounds like Oscar-bait, Astronaut, schlock, but I dig me a good Sci-fi.

Where all the BUN at?

Attached: BUN.jpg (917x1280, 158K)

Who cares about a fucking hashtag? They mean the same thing and hashtags are often shorthand anyway. It’s not as if it won’t rake in cash regardless of the marketing.

WDAS has Elsa, when her movie hasn't come out yet.

MCU should have Thanos since Endgame is coming in a few weeks.

They do it with Toy Story, they do it with Iron Man.

It's a surprise they haven't done it with the better Star Wars movies because they keep pushing their agenda.

>Artemis is described in the casting call as "warm hearted" in the casting call.
>seeking the lead role of, Artemis; must be 5'3" or below, any ethnicity but must have or can do Irish accent. At first glance Artemis could be mistaken for a rather ordinary child with little athletic ability, but his eyes reveal a flickering of intelligence; inquisitive and possessing both academic and emotional intelligence, he is highly perceptive and good at reading people; most importantly, Artemis is warm-hearted and has a great sense of humour; he has fun in whatever situation he is in and loves life. No previous acting necessary.

We were kicked out.

And then Solo bombed.

And then that shit shot Resistance came out.

Eh, we'll talk about Star Wars episode 9 when it comes out.

Where’s moon knight Feige?

Why have people argued superman vs goku since the dawn of time

They have a responsibility to the shareholders who paid to have the film made to try and turn a profit.

>Tolkien
YOU FUCKERS STAY AWAY FROM HIM

Attached: 1554155570435.jpg (551x564, 26K)

>They're going to completely ignore his devout Christianity
You'd better believe I'm fucking angry

After the end of the main arc they spent a decade building up. Screwy bullshit afterwards doesn't matter as much.

>it's live action
Gonna be shite

Fox made the movie retard it already has a trailer

You people are seriously dumber than a bag of shit

It was just creature from the black lagoon fanfiction

By "you fuckers" I obviously mean dumbshit Americans who are going to gaybait him and CS Lewis

Isn't he a Jew?

Last Jedi came out
then Solo came out
then the shitty cartoon came out
then nothing of note has happened in any of the various comics or novels
and nothing of note is on track to happen in 9

Yea Forums doesn't talk about it because there's nothing to talk about; except to comment on how there's nothing to talk about and what a waste of money and time disneywars has been. What little conversation about star wars that goes on ANYWHERE on the internet anymore in fan spaces is 90% "where did it all go wrong", and the star wars fan forums are swiftly approaching where James Cameron's Avatar fan forums are in terms of population

Not, but he said he was sorry he wasn't.
>Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by "arisch". I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people.
>My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject - which should be sufficient.
>I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army.
>I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

>my favorite corporation is...

>At least the first movie was an ok reimagining

What the fuck is wrong with you

>he has fun in whatever situation he is in and loves life. No previous acting necessary.
top fucking kek

>Hollywood
>DISNEY's Hollywood
>Good sci-fi
9 chances out of 10 it'll be garbage.

Where's Gigantic?

>tfw watching a major franchise go out with a whimper

The X-Men movies were the progenitor of the blockbuster superhero movie template that's been with us since the start of the century...and this is how it ends.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 267K)

The current xmen-verse fucked up in the same way that the DCU did. Avengers was the 7th movie. Yes it was only 4 years after the first one, but it felt like the top of a mountain. Oh yea, did I mention that the villain Loki was already an established character from Thor? Oh yea and Thanos was teased as well?

Justice League was 4th (because it didn't include anything from Suicide Squad). Also Zod and his crew were a much bigger threat than doomsday. Doomsday is also kinda lame. He's the hulk. Even going back to the comics he's scary because he's unstoppable but he's not INTERESTING, he just happens to fuck up heroes we like (but we don't because DCU lol). He's not movie worthy. Hulk can't carry a movie, but Ed Norton can.

xmen apoc was fucking 3rd. These fucking children are impatient as fuck. Okay so Apoc is interesting and they use magneto brilliantly. But shit dude, that end fight looked like diablo. Just some fucking mana-shield wizard fucking up the team. Now Thanos, he's a fucking brawler.

I mean... why bother saying this shit at this point. Marvel has humans who make better decisions and the other studios hedge there bets at every turn and it shows.

Introducing Doomsday as the second big threat Superman faces was a mistake. Doomsday is supposed to be that threat where everyone goes "yeah he's strong but Superman will stop him!" and then Superman dies but the DCEU Superman hadn't been built up over the years as this ultimate solution to problems, he only ever faced off against Zod and co., which he struggled against and had to resort to killing in order to stop, there wasn't a buffer of other, lesser threats to build Superman up as a beacon of hope for the population, robbing his death of any gravitas. Also making Doomsday a resurrected Zod made by Lex Luthor was equally retarded, but if I were to list everything BvS did wrong I'd be there all day.

>CALL OF THE WILD
fuck it I’m happy, that sounds fantastic.

Attached: 24CFA0B5-B7F0-407A-8A3A-6890CEBF4146.jpg (256x390, 26K)

Oh shit I’m high as a kite and thought it was a Disney animated version of the Jack London book.
Fuck me I guess.