Azula redemption Arc

Why even live any more?

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Attached: D6199580-0DA7-4C0D-840A-329EB2382943.jpg (1242x1566, 698K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JeYIlET3szA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJ6yqQRAQs
youtube.com/watch?v=aLkQfmUEyvk&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=ldbY85ynyKg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 5562498D-7B99-4264-9F86-7EC7759EBFA2.jpg (1242x621, 362K)

Attached: 825351D2-4F1C-4F0A-908A-1ABB84CCF175.jpg (1242x981, 559K)

>At the deepest moment in her own abyss she would have found: Zuko
I guess they really were going to do the royals thing.

That's kind of cute.

Feels like Azula getting redemption was naturally a given because the alternative was pretty dark (she dies or is left to rot in prison). Comics are really dragging their feet over it though.

i would have liked to see a redemption arc
what the did with azula in the comics is awful

>no S4 because M. Night

loving every laugh

M Night! Fuck you!

>April 1

Not falling for it.

He says in the thread it was a bad day to tweet that but it’s not a joke.

>(she dies or is left to rot in prison)
She was insane, violent, psychopathic and murderous. I like locking her away forever a lot better than the "supervillain redemption arc where we forget how many people they killed and how many lives they ruined" thing we always get in shonen anime.

Attached: 1457237423491.jpg (800x500, 118K)

Um, sweaty, if they didn't want to die then they would have lived.

Sounds more like an extension of Zuko's arc.

And the pain comes back.

Scrapper
Scrapper
SCRAPPER

So a movie made 2 years after the last season stopped them from having a last season. yeah ok way to pass the buck.

Good thing it ended when it did. Azula is evil, the end.

This reads like the sinopsis of an angsty incest fanfiction.
Would read.

>dies or rot in prison
what else could you with her?
she’s too dangerous to leave on her own.

Why can't characters just be genuinely evil anymore? Life has shown us that some people are just fucking dicks to others and that not every evil person is some messed up kid with a sob backstory.

All this focus on redemption. My fanfic is a stand alone series where Azula becomes a mercenary who fights for good, but not because of moral reasons, just because she's good at it.

She’s always been a messed up kid with a sad backstory

>leaving this out
Reminder that it was Bryke's shit decision in the end

Attached: _.jpg (633x322, 31K)

Does it have a foursome with zuko, june and the shirshu?

it bothers me that Bryke had plenty of oversight during the film's production going by that bit in one of the dvd collections where they promote the film, yet only Shyamalan gets sacked for its failure. Meanwhile these idiots take writing credit for the entire first season of Korra, which set the shoddy groundwork that the writers later on would struggle to smooth out.

I dunno man, I expected Aang to not kill Ozai or whatever but I think redeeming Azula is taking it a bit too far.

>. I like locking her away forever a lot better than the "supervillain redemption arc where we forget how many people they killed and how many lives they ruined" thing we always get in shonen anime.
This. The "super villain redemption arc into a hyper best friend we invite to our birthday party" was a tired trope by the mid 90s.

That and Iroh, one of the two wisest living characters in the show, unequivocally says she needs to go down? Doesn't leave much room for redemption.

Holy fucking shit. FUCK BRYKE.

Wait, so why did they do Korra when they could've done a fourth season?

>Reminder that this came out on April Fools
>Reminder that the writer tried to brush it off when someone pointed it out

Really...

Nobody tell him about this.

Attached: 1342051858495.gif (500x375, 597K)

Does Aang help redeem her with his penis?

Attached: avatar__the_rehab_files_by_rubyd.jpg (829x540, 63K)

>Would have found Zuko
Oh my

Attached: sweating man.jpg (251x201, 10K)

>You will never be an insane fire princess who gets therapeutic deep dickings from your loving big brother

This is why the live action netflix adaptation is doomed to fail.

> more ehacz worship

Attached: 876.jpg (512x288, 21K)

Bryke were shit from the very start.
Who'd have guessed.

Did she murdered someone? Jet doesn't counts.

Doesn't the series bible disprove this? In any case, its clear they only had the story framework for 3 seasons laid out, a 4th one would probably have been even more tacked on than the 3rd.

>redemption
People like her have no chance of ever gaining redemption.

Avatar got big in SPITE of Bryke, not because of them.

Riddle me this; who was it that poured the love that is so plainly seen into Avatar? Because everyone from the team who has went on to create anything else, has been crap.

>Bryke ruined Zuko following in Iroh's footsteps
Why even fucking Bother

Attached: big sip.png (384x384, 304K)

>Night tells you to continue your work
>They don't and instead let that turd slip out

Oh COME ON

>muh azula sympathy for being a cunt
no, women villains shouldn't work that way

no thats zukos job

If it's true or not, I don't think it was necessary and am glad the last time we saw Azula was her furiously belching fire and crying. Best end her character could've gotten and way better than any gay redemption shit.

Comics don't count because they're garbage and who really gives a shit.

>She was insane, violent, psychopathic and murderous.

And a teenager with power who never had anyone tell her it was bad to be bad. Her dad stimulated her to be bad and her mother disappeared (I won't say 'ran away' since it was more complicated than that).

So she had a lot of room to grow, frankly.

How much is Ehasz involved in ATLA's writing compared to Bryke?

>Why can't characters just be genuinely evil anymore?

Azula showed no indication she was GENUINELY evil. She was twisted, but come on, she was, what, sixteen? Seventeen? A princess with super-powers, raised in a completely toxic environment. The Avatar was gone. Her entire childhood "Our empire conquers the world" was the normal. Her father stimulated her, her brother was a wimp but their mother loved him more anyway - she never had a fucking chance.

But now, there are people showing her power does not have to be cruel.

What a twist.

>Her dad stimulated her
Don't bring your slashfics here.

Its probably the combination that resulted in the success. When its only Bryke you get a great world with shit story. When its only Ehasz you get a shit world with decent story (so far).

....You say fic, but it didn't even occur to me that... you know... it might be secret canon.

He was the head of the writing team since the series first got picked up.

I refuse to ever see an m night movie solely because of this now

Didn't all these Avatarfags literally work on the movie? It's their fault as much as Shamwowman's.

>At the deepest moment in her own abyss she would have found: Zuko
kinky

This but she was 13-14.
Honestly the whole thing makes perfect sense to me. The theme of the show is redemption, even Ozai gets a shot at being slightly better by telling Zuko where Ursa is. It doesn't really make sense that the show leaves Azula tied to a grate screaming. I never read the comics though so this is just based of how I saw the show.

>I never read the comics

What! You missed so much! Go read them now!

I kid. Don't bother.

You can't just wish them into being non-canon, user.

Bryke said they barely got any say at all. They offered advice and Sham ignored it.

What have you got against the comics? They're fine. They're not fantastic or anything, but they're fine.

Attached: 1479432253435.png (253x329, 73K)

No but Steven does

Attached: 6F6BA61C-388B-42E5-AA9B-F26325D90944.jpg (625x352, 32K)

>sentencing 14 year old kids to life in prison
I can understand not wanting Ozai to have a redemption arc, but Azula is just a kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=JeYIlET3szA

Once again, I blame Bryke.

Hence 'don't bother'.

Hmmm. Steven meeting Azula would be pretty weird.

Attached: 035267D4-9231-436D-848A-C2E5E4EB7988.jpg (2000x2500, 1.45M)

>insane, violent, psychopathic and murderous
Doesn't matter if you are hot.

Why Zuko?

cringe and very reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJ6yqQRAQs

>Azula redemption arc
Not everything Ehasz thinks up is gold, I guess. Zuko's redemption arc worked because even though he was an asshole at times, he wasn't at the extreme level of Azula where redepemtion would've come out clunky and awkward. Azula wasn't the kind that could be redeemed, at least not within the story of Avatar. Her end was a good one, story-wise.
A fourth season would not have worked where only three were planned for. You want another Korra S2? That's how you get one.

How?

What's wrong with something being okay?

Why does everything have to be either amazing or terrible, today?

....actually, that's a good point.

But the follow-up comics to the best animated series made in the USA (non-horse category), consisting of only a few volumes which were only a few comics each? No. No. They should have been very good.

Avatar's finale was really strong, most characters had very satisfying and complete arcs, and the overarching villain was defeated. Another season would run the risk of being redundant and just kind of middling around in the world without much purpose (like the dragon prince so this does sound like a ehasz idea ). There's enough plot threads for maybe a TV movie or OVA or something but another season? I've seem too many animes that could've been great turn mediocre to bad for going on after the story's done.

>sticking by her
*in

Americans are used to trying 12 year olds as adults.

This tweet kind of sounds like he's trying to stir up shit (which is weird because AFAIK Mike, Bryan and Aaron all still get along). Shyamalan either:
- wanted a 4th book like everyone else who was a fan but that was irrelevant because he was specifically brought on to make a movie about the first book
- wanted HIS movie to be the 4th book which would have been an even bigger disaster than what we got.

youtube.com/watch?v=aLkQfmUEyvk&t=
I'll just leave this here.

Attached: Hey Pal Amon to You.jpg (500x294, 12K)

>Firecest would have been canon

Attached: 1533577890538.jpg (274x266, 32K)

Good.

I was interested until he laid out the how her redemption was to come about. First, it's just through Zuko, and for all you degenerates wanted those two to fuck, there's not a lot of depth to the dynamic of their relationship. They're at odds, but they share some common bonds that can't be severed. We know, we already got that entire relationship played out in the main series, there's nothing left to add.

Speaking of playing out in the main series, he's talking about following the exact same path as Zuko, with the patient family member teaching them, which would invariable cause them to lash out, yadda yadda. We already did that arc. We did that arc from episode 1 of season 1. The only difference is, this time it apparently needed MORE time to bottom out, which leaves less than a single season for the redemption arc. Zuko had like 2 whole fucking seasons for just his redemption, and that's why it worked, and it STILL felt rushed some times.

So at the end of the day, we could have had a worse version of Zuko's arc, without Iroh, and done in about a third of the time. I think I can live without it.

Attached: 1494453594773.gif (266x268, 1.07M)

Who did Azula murder again? She "killed" Aang but that was sort of self defense.

lol no

Do the power removal thing and leave her in some insane asylum

Murderous is just the intent,

>Azula eventually finds solace through Zuko's perseverance
I love this. They were kind of going for this in the comic series.

Is it not?

Firecest would have been MORE canon.

>This tweet kind of sounds like he's trying to stir up shit
this was what i got out of it too. why air these details now? is he trying to bask in a sense of superiority for being the true atla mastermind or something?

Attached: 1553926342006.png (728x438, 492K)

Obviously

youtube.com/watch?v=ldbY85ynyKg