Comic book fans complain to Snyder about the dark tone of his movies, he said...

>Comic book fans complain to Snyder about the dark tone of his movies, he said, airing frustrations about how those heroes have killed people without any kind of remorse or conscience, especially in Batman v Superman.Then he explained how Watchmen, his 2009 film, is about the gritty reality of superheroes — in no uncertain, or family-friendly, terms.

>“Once you’ve lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something about, like, ‘My superhero wouldn’t do that,’ I’m like, ‘Are you serious?’ I’m, like, down the fucking road on that,” Snyder said. “It’s a cool point of view to be like, ‘My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn’t fucking lie to America. My heroes didn’t embezzle money from their corporations. My heroes didn’t commit any atrocities.’ That’s cool. But you’re living in a fucking dream world,” he added.

Attached: t-zack-snyder-fountainhead.jpg (1600x1067, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtMMrkGrsoY
inverse.com/article/14967-alan-moore-now-believes-the-killing-joke-was-melodramatic-not-interesting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=BtMMrkGrsoY

Stop giving this man attention. Notice how he's only being this vocal after Aquaman's success and the positive buzz surrounding Shazam.

But I didn’t lose my virginity to BvS, I lost it fifteen years prior to one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.
Also, BvS was a fucking dumpster fire, and Batman Killing was hardly a contributing factor to how bad that movie was.

He sounds like a stand up comedian

Yeah, his voice is surprisingly high and whiny. Guess it explains why he portrays this try-hard tough guy image to everyone.

Isn't the whole point of superheroes is to be incorruptible symbols that we can aspire to be?

Anti-heroes go against all of that.

Lol, Snyder hates that kind of shit. His cut of JL was going to have Superman be completely corruptible

He's going insane now. His daughter's death has fucked him up

Not all heroes, but Superman yeah.

Aquaman's success and WB doing everything they can to pretend his movies did but didn't happen is really messing with him

Superman, the original superhero, was a big bully that threatened to kill wife beaters and corrupt officials with his bare-hands if they didn't complain with his demands.

But Batman has killed before out of accident or negligence. He's not wrong. BvS was also a commentary on capeshit movies, specially Nolan's movies, where Batman is constantly killing people despite professing about being above killing people.

Yeah and he couldn't fly either. You wanna start using that? Are you gonna pull out those old issues of Bats using a gun and being all SEE SEE now too?

why would you be jealous of a colleagues success?

>BvS was also a commentary on capeshit movies
Oh my god get out of the goddamn Snyder cult already

>specially Nolan's movies
Commentating on an actual successful director who didn't fuck up his franchise? Smart

I'm just saying, superheroes isn't about morality extremism. It's pure power fantasy.

It's a commentary about capeshit movie protagonists constantly killing random thugs while the movie itself brushing it off as inconsequential, but then in the end refusing to kill the big villains because of reasons. It's about how fucked the situation is when you look at it closely. The morality doesn't hold up. BvS, in regards to Batman, tried to come up with a justification that made sense. If it failed or not that's another matter.

>Watchmen, his 2009 film, is about the gritty reality of superheroes
>the gritty reality of superheroes
>the reality of superheroes
How did no-one notice that this guy makes Russel Brand look intelligent? Is Warner Bros really *that* nepotistic?

t.Manchester Black

80 years ago, so fucking what? I can find an issue where he shot mini Superman's out of his hands but that doesn't mean he should do it on the big screen.

>BvS was also a commentary on capeshit movies, specially Nolan's movies, where Batman is constantly killing people despite professing about being above killing people.
Holy shit that's some retroactive fanfiction you've got going on their Snyder friend.

It's insane how you people are trying to make it seem like it was all about Batman killing when it objectively wasn't. Him killing is only mentioned or brought attention two literally twice in the entire movie with throwaway lines. How does that equal being a commentary?

The movie showcase Batman new extremism as something BAD, user. His constant compromising and killing as being a downfall to villainy. Batman rationalization of it as being pure bullshit.

>bully
>stopping wife-beaters and corrupt officials

It's easy to see where Snyder cultists come from.

Because that success comes by dismantling everything you did because it was so universally hated.

user, you left out the rambling into composed almost entirely of "like" "um" "fuck" and "dude". The man can barely string a sentence together, no wonder he can't make a coherent movie to save his life.

That's why he gave his approval to Wan? As well helped Wan in a few things?

user, you just don't get it. Snyder is just too deep for us all to comprehend.

Attached: robosnyder.jpg (814x1024, 184K)

Okay but dreams save us

Can't this worthless piece of shit just get to working on his Ayn Rand jerkoff movie already and leave the rest of us alone?

>But you’re living in a fucking dream world

Zack the movie's about a dude from space who shoots lasers out of his eyes

That's why WB shuffled him off and is ignoring everything he did, yes.

Fuck off Snyder cultist.

>It was a disappointment to me, how Watchmen was absorbed into the mainstream. It had originally been meant as an indication of what people could do that was new. I’d originally thought that with works like Watchmen and Marvelman, I’d be able to say, “Look, this is what you can do with these stale old concepts. You can turn them on their heads. You can really wake them up. Don’t be so limited in your thinking. Use your imagination.”

>And, I was naively hoping that there’d be a rush of fresh and original work by people coming up with their own. But, as I said, it was meant to be something that would liberate comics. Instead, it became this massive stumbling block that comics can’t even really seem to get around to this day. They’ve lost a lot of their original innocence, and they can’t get that back. And, they’re stuck, it seems, in this kind of depressive ghetto of grimness and psychosis. I’m not too proud of being the author of that regrettable trend.

inverse.com/article/14967-alan-moore-now-believes-the-killing-joke-was-melodramatic-not-interesting

Attached: alan-moore-021.jpg (620x372, 33K)

>we'll never get a Zack Snyder-directed movie with Avi Arad producing

;_;

Zack, the Watchmen comic took a hard look at the underlying moral assumptions behind superhero comics. You made a film jerking off over how badass Rorschach is and how cool superhero fights are.

Based Moore. He put his faith in us being better than we are. We failed him, and so he sequestered himself from this ugly world.

>The movie showcase Batman new extremism as something BAD
When exactly does it do this? No one comments on it besides the two throwaway lines, Batman never reflects on how bad it is and Batman faces no repercussions for it. Even after the MARTHA moment he still then goes on to gun down a bunch of people.

user, don't bother. The only ones left in the Snyder Cult at this point can't be reasoned with.

>slow motion and mustache twirling intensifies
I honestly don't get how so many people think Watchmen was good.

Attached: Zack the Hack.png (540x405, 269K)

Batman changed after Superman's death. I don't know how obvious this can be made.

Alfred comments on it, the papers comments on it, the people interviewed by Superman comments on it, Superman comments on it...

I would definitely watch a Superman movie by an actually talented director where Superman is a heroin-addicted jazz critic who doesn't have superpowers.

>hardcore objectivist

>put him in charge of making movies about idealistic characters

Sasuga WB

>hardcore objectivist
When was this ever true?

Since forever. Snyder is moving on to direct The Fountainhead, his dream project.

He's directing a zombie movie. His dream project is a Thomas Jefferson movie.

Fucking kek.
>I'm totally gonna chance, just let me gun down these last few guys first
After Superman dies it's never mentioned again and he faces no consequences.

>Alfred comments on it
Literally one line about his new rule.
>the people interviewed by Superman comments on it
One guy comments on how there's a new kind mean in him.
These are the ones I said.

>the papers comments on it
Blink and you'll miss it headlines is not "commenting" on it.
>Superman comments on it...
When exactly?

All of these things are just tiny window dressing, no one actually seriously discusses Batman killing, Batman never actually reflects on his actions and he's never held accountable for them.

The fact that you Snyderfags unironically seriously think the movie was about these things is hilarious. For something to be about something it actually has to address it in a meaningful way. Not to mention that Snyder's recent comments blow your entire fanfiction shit out of the water, he just wants Batman to kill because he's not living in a fucking dream world since he worked on Watchmen where they killed. That's the reason, it wasn't some commentary on Batman killing and to seriously think otherwise is peak delusion.

>He's directing a zombie movie.

I already said The Fountainhead.

Hey-o! But seriously folks, you're a lovely audience.

>After Superman dies it's never mentioned again and he faces no consequences.
It literally mentioned by his and has the consequence of Batman quelling his rage against Lex Luthor.

>Snyder's recent comments blow your entire fanfiction shit out of the water, he just wants Batman to kill because he's not living in a fucking dream world since he worked on Watchmen where they killed. That's the reason, it wasn't some commentary on Batman killing and to seriously think otherwise is peak delusion.
Take the entire fucking quote instead of snippets from ckickbait sites and bait threads. Zack Snyder was commenting about his Watchmen movie. How his movie was a commentary on capeshit movies the same way Moore's comics was a commentary about comics. How Ozy's outfits was a reference to the Schumacher's Batman movies. How he likes to examine comic book characters and action films. How the tropes and morality of comic books don't hold up on closer examination. How he felt guys like Moore and Miller made capeshit comics grow up by question it all. Be Moore with content or Miller with tone.

It's not just about Batman killing hurr durr despite websites reducing it to just that because of the controversial nature of said statements (meaning it will generate clicks).

Briefly mentioning something and having a character MAYBE change doesn't mean the movie was about that. As I said, in order for a movie to be about something it has to pay that thing more than cheap lipservice with passing comments.

>Take the entire fucking quote
I watched that hacks entire drunken video. He's exactly like you fans, and edgy 14 year old that things DARKNESS NO PARENTS makes something deep.

Dude, Batman in the movie is in the wrong. The movie made that plenty obvious. He's an antagonist. The movie doesn't pay lip-service. Pretty much every scene is about how wrong Batman is

>The movie doesn't pay lip-service
Then I have a very simple question. What consequences does he face for his actions? How is he punished for being so catastrophically and fundamentally wrong?

Superman died.

I hated BvS but it was pretty obvious that Batman was on the wrong the whole time. The problem is that Superman acted like a total retard and only managed to escalate things.

And he came back not even a full movie afterwards, completely cheapening his "death"

I love how people blame Moore and Miller for how comics got grim and gritty when that was the exact opposite of the shit they intended. It's basically a bunch of hacks not really understanding their greatest works, taking the most surface level elements from them, and completely misinterpreting what they meant. It's the same goddamn shit Hack Snyder is doing.

>But you’re living in a fucking dream world
They're fucking comic books THEY ARE A DREAM WORLD

One of the things I took from Watchmen was "if you try to put superheroes in a realistic environment, they'll end up being a bunch of disfunctional fuckups". Unfortunately, its commercial success turned a cautionary tale into an example to follow.

Does he have autism? He sounds like he has a lot of trouble articulating himself.

Uhh, user? When you marry a woman she becomes your property. Bible says so. How about you fuck off, huh?

disagree this needs to be brought to theaters ASAP

kek what an absolute noseberg

>That’s cool. But you’re living in a fucking dream world,” he added
It's like the idea of superheros is escapism and striving to be something you are not or something.

Honestly if they'd kept making Christopher Reeve movies that would've happened eventually.

I have a compromise for you Snyder Fanboys, how about he creates an Earth-3 Crime Syndicate movie series

That way his heroes can have a high body count and no one would care, he’d still get to tell the kind of story he wants to tell, we can finally get him to shut up about what he would have done, and we’d get a big screen adaption of Earth 3 characters like Ultraman, Power Ring, Johnny Quick, Owlman and Superwoman

If they wanted to make a super bizarre Superman movie I'd honestly be all for it. Make it a stand alone Elseworlds type thing like the Joker movie and really lean into the Silver Age stuff. The trailer could just be him being a super dick to Jimmy.

It's asinine to make a meta-commentary "statement" about this in a tentpole movie instead of just making a movie that doesn't do the thing he's making a point about.

Leading by example is a much better way of making a point that just pointing out something other people do wrong without offering a solution.

>Hello Agent Olsen
>What is this? What's happening?
>I resurrected you using my Resurrection Rays. I also used my special wave-length whistles to turn you into a ginger
>But why?
>You shall be my best friend
>What?
>There's no time to explain but you must marry this ape to save the world

Could it even be possible to make a full balls to the walls silver age film without it being a surrealist mess?

Did you ever see Superman IV?

Fuck you're right.

>what is The Punisher

Frank had a hard life.

Attached: Grumpy old Frank.jpg (648x1024, 217K)

But he sure ain't corruptible, and he stands for what he believes in, no matter what.
Hell, if my knowledge is correct, he's the only Marvel character to not have been messed with, outside of his clothes, sense he was created.

>he doesn't remember the time Punisher was Frankenstein's monster

Was that even canon?

Jesus, are they at least going to reset things with a CRISIS movie?

No, it's a power fantasy. It was censorship that forced superheroes to turn into PC god like father figures.

Why are you blatantly ignoring the part where he threatens them with violence?

>watchman, his 2009 film
Zack adapted something someone else wrote. Is he claiming to be the source of those ideas? He doesn't even understand them.

What about the angel ting?

>“Once you’ve lost your virginity to this fucking movie
Trying to wrap my head around this one.
How does he think people are able to complain about the film in the first place?

>What consequences does he face for his actions?
>How is he punished for being so catastrophically and fundamentally wrong?

He pays penance and redeems himself by saving Clark's mom. Snyder's original intent was also to have Bruce supposedly sacrifice his life in Justice League to save the world.

They lost their pure quality DC movie virginity to smelly horseshit

>How many people in the audience have heard of Martian Manhunter? How many people that raised their hands have ever been laid? Well, he hasn’t been rebooted but he’s a mainstay in the Justice League. He can’t be fucking called the "Martian Manhunter" because that’s goofy. He can be called Manhunter… The whole deal with Martian Manhunter is he’s an alien living amongst us… So he comes down to Earth and decides, unlike Superman who already exists in the world now, that he’s just going to be a homicide detective… So instead of using super-powers and mind-reading and like, oh, I could figure out if the President’s lying or whatever, he just decides to disguise himself as a human homicide detective. Dare to dream!

Attached: 0_TNxJEKKJEETQgujd.jpg (1000x562, 101K)

Goyer should kys immediately

John Wonder is that you? Its time to stop.

>He pays penance and redeems himself by saving Clark's mom.
Oh well that makes all the killing ok then. Everyone knows 1 Martha = 100 normal lives.

If you're okay Batman killing people by proxy in other movies how is this any different? The only one he attempts to cold bloodedly murder is Superman. Everything else is largely self-defensive or trying to save Martha.

>If you're okay Batman killing people by proxy in other movies

Did anybody in the thread say that?

Maybe he meant losing your virginity to Watchmen?
I guess that's a possibility for some people.

>If you're okay Batman killing people by proxy in other movies how is this any different?
Could you please take a moment to point out exactly where I said that.

>self-defensive
>strap huge machine guns to car/plane
>seek out people and shoot them to pieces
>self-defense

That’s what I ment, either way, I did not punch my V-cars while ignoring one of his films, and I count myself lucky for the experience.

Snyder is literally the villain of What Happened to Truth, Justice, and the American Way

The best part was when Snyder justified Batman killing by using The Dark Knight Returns, which makes it evident he didn't actually read that comic and only looked at the drawings, because it's a fucking plot point that even at his most extreme Batman still couldn't bring himself to take a life.

Rubber bullets. Honest.

Nope, disliking Snyder movies is not going to make me approve of Moore's self-ascribed Life of Brian "I'm not the messiah!" complex.
The only based comic creator is Steve Ditko.

Attached: jpeg.jpg (465x424, 45K)

Sounds a lot like he wants to tear down the idealism versions of super heroes cause "the real world sucks".

Hes trying to be super edgy and all hes doing is dumping all over other peoples view on their heroes. And if anything, he hasn't made them more realistic, just more stupid. You could do more with a batman that held to his ideals than one who just says "screw it, gonna kill the badguys". That actually makes him predictable and flat, because the obstacle of his morality in the face of pragmatism goes away. Its uninteresting.

Well at least you've had sex.

The lynchpin statement here is that dreams are more interesting than reality, rather than whatever Superman is babbling about in his cartoon.

Not to be edgy but it's legitimately weird that Snyder was like this BEFORE his daughter's suicide. Maybe now he'll make more light-hearted stuff.

I thought for sure he was at least going to have Batman stop right before stabbing Superman and say the "remember this moment" line, but nope, he was straight up going to have Batman murder Superman if their mothers didn't happen to have the same name.