With the recent upsurge in lesbian protagonists, why is there yet to be a cartoon that features a gay male protagonist...

With the recent upsurge in lesbian protagonists, why is there yet to be a cartoon that features a gay male protagonist? The closest I can think of is Shiro from Voltron, but even he is relegated to supporting cast in the later seasons and eventually married to a nameless background character. Compare this to TLOK, SU, or AT, which feature lesbian relationships between main characters, and you will see that the disparity is quite large.

Attached: two dead kids kissing.jpg (512x512, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thor.fandom.com/wiki/Kid_Loki
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Those lesbian relationships weren't even that explicit.

I want a young gay male MC in an action or mystery cartoon who doesn't get into a relationship. I think it's more realistic for young gay viewers, that it's definitely not likely for them to find someone when they're still young since their options are extremely limited.

pic not related

Attached: 1553895303492.png (594x645, 510K)

you'll find plenty. The west is, ironically, not ready apparently. The Japs just toss in anime tiddy to distract you.

>anime has plenty of series that feature gay male protagonists

Nigga, what?

He has a hateboner for ben, pic is related.

who's the one on the right?

Kid Loki

Attached: 09070FB8-382E-4682-A7C1-B07526A7A7E5.png (199x481, 85K)

Nigga Korrasami is the biggest cop out ever and SU was bullshit since it was the fusion of a single character.
I'll give you AT though.
Unlike Korra which was an asspull, Shiro was a known faggot for two seasons and not the last five minutes of the show.

Lesbian relationships are seen as “safer”, despite them being far less popular in fandoms.

It’s likely because the males in charge don’t find it threatening to their masculinity.

again, who?

>dead kids
Damian has been alive for years now.

Anal sex is disgusting and faggots tend to stay faggots, while lesbianism is often just a harmless phase before they move on to heteronormative marriage with children.

>while lesbianism is often just a harmless phase before they move on to heteronormative marriage with children.
Absolutely base and redpilled. Guy with a former lesbian sister and gay cousin. My cousin is still a faggot, but my sister is now engaged to a man but her ex is still seething about the breakup.

Literally Loki, from Marvel comics, but as a kid.

thor.fandom.com/wiki/Kid_Loki

everybody loves lesbians, everybody hates the gays

Yaoi. There's also anime like No. 6 and Yuri on Ice.

>pic not related
Wish it were though; he cute.

Attached: Non-canon, but I still ship it..png (705x834, 363K)

It’s like a Tsundere thing

Homosexuality is disgusting to pretty much everyone instinctively. The only reason to push it is to get points from SJWs.

Lesbians don’t sicken people anywhere near as much as two dudes kissing. And I say this as someone neutral on the matter.

Gay men revolt people enough to have made laws worldwide calling for their immediate execution.

>Yaoi
yaoi as a genre sucks and the boys aren't cute, and this is coming from a fujo

Fuck off fag

It's not like any of those shows you mentioned had good representation. If Korra is your definition of positive representation, good lord your group needs fucking help.

China and yhe Middle east will not approve

Much of USA media is funded by the Saudis and China is the main costumer.