When was the last time anyone talked about Rick and Morty? It blew up a few years ago...

When was the last time anyone talked about Rick and Morty? It blew up a few years ago, but it seems like no one cares about it anymore. I wonder if in the future it'll gain back the popularity and attention it once had. Nonetheless, I'd argue it belongs on the list of greatest cartoons of all time.
>Are you excited for season 4?

Attached: rick-and-morty.jpg (600x410, 75K)

I here people mention it all the time IRL.

It's like the simpsons or pokemon; the early hype died down, but just because nobody's talking about it doesn't mean it's not a big deal

it got meme'd to death. I used to be able to unironically enjoy some episodes, but now I can't even ironically enjoy them.

i find that it's easier to enjoy things when i dont think of enjoyment in terms of "ironic" or "unironic"

It's just in hiatus right now but I think they're almost done with the episodes and it might start airing again this year maybe in the summer, it was renewed for over 70 episodes so don't worry it won't fade into irrelevancy any time soon.
Its main problem was a rocky third season which left a lot of people feeling dubious about its quality, but also the absolute cringy state of the fandom, with all the memes and cynicism and the fedoratippers who feel like misunderstood geniuses and related to Rick and... it's a lot.
My opinion though is that s4 will be what makes or breaks its future, right now the general consensus is pretty divided but if s4 ends up strong and with the help of the hiatus it has been in, people will probably go back to praising it like the did for s1 and 2.
Personally I still like it so I'm hyped.

Get me a production team please and be careful doing it.

I binged it recently. It was funny, but there's not a lot of episodes out. Morty and Summer are alright, Rick is at his best when he's being a wacky scientist instead of a pretentious borderline god, Jerry's an insecure wimp but the show at least calls him out on when he's being bad, Beth is terrible and the show almost never calls her out on her shit.

That's my two cents.

>When was the last time anyone talked about Rick and Morty?
April first, I think.

All your "complaints" are literally character traits.

Next you'll ask why Rick is a terrible grand father and why Morty rolls with it.

I unironically agree

I wasn't trying to make complaints, Beth aside. I find most of the main cast fine.

I mean it's between seasons so there's not much new to talk about user. It's not a waifu bait show either so people don't have much to say in the off season now that all the theorizing is kinda halted

Yeah not even the rickmorty shippers and shotafags are being active right now, but I'm hopeful it will all come back once the show is on the air again

I like the show when its mostly wacky scifi hijinks with the occasional self aware moments. But S3 felt bad with how much Rick pushed the "nothing matters, infinite timelines" bullshit. Would be glad if they went back to S1 style episodes

It was stated that they'll go back to a s1 style

Everyone is saying this, but when S4 hype starts ramping up it'll be big again.

So what will cocky Morty do with the citadel?

Aw jeez, probably nothing worth worrying about.

a prostitution ring?

There was a thread here about it yesterday. I still see people wearing Rick & Morty shirts. People just aren't talking about it because it isn't on at the moment. I'm cautiously optimistic about Season 4, I actually think the pressure and time constraints were a big part of why Season 3 had a few meh episodes, it really felt rushed. I think the 70 episode order is a good thing because it may solve some of the problems in the writing room and let the guys have fun... or it could have the opposite effect and make them lazy. Either way, we'll see this Fall.

>Beth is terrible and the show almost never calls her out on her shit.
Yeah, it's a problem. Jerry was the one who called her out tho, he was the well-meaning idiot and she was the smart asshole, they kind of balanced each other out. In Season 3, the divorce arc completely massacred both of their characters. Jerry was actually alright until Episode 9 where he suddenly became a racist for not being attracted to a Xenomorph (was that just a joke?) and Beth was finally called out by Rick but then he told her to leave her family, I guess she must have stayed (which would have redeemed her character) but it wasn't really made clear. Anyway if episode 10 redeemed the family for you then it probably made you hate Rick, they didn't end up striking a good balance in the end and desu I think they bit off more than they could chew, I mean the show is an absurdist comedy for fuck sake.

I got that from the S3 ending, but we'll have to see if S4 actually follows through.

No new episodes to discuss.
Too many kids trying to be contrarian haters for any thread to be enjoyable.

Jerry seemed to find her features off-putting and was seemingly in denial about it, but I took that as more of a joke at how shallow he was being rather than him being actually prejudiced.

It's gonna take 10 years for them to shit out 70 episodes.

Yeah I thought that too but Summer calls him a racist and it's played straight, like what?

To be fair, Jerry started it by saying out of nowhere that he finds her blue skin and head shape weird before projecting it onto his kids as having said that and calling them racist for it.

You have to wonder how many of those kids repeating the whole "High IQ" copypasta and "Reddit humor gtfo" memes were the same ones making all the deep lore fan theories just a few years ago.

I honestly doubt there is much correlation.

when is season 4?
I want it.

You'd be surprised how many cringe-y haters were once cringe-y fans.

Lorefags are a different beast altogether.

Late 2019 maybe.

It was obviously a mockery of PC culture. Like no sane person would find that thing attractive.

I did.
three boobs

I wouldn't be surprised if they never make all of those, at the very least Dan Harmon will quit.

>Been in hiatus for a year and a half
What is there to talk about?