Genuinely looks ten times better than any other DC movie

youtube.com/watch?v=zm6GJwA10Lk
Genuinely looks ten times better than any other DC movie.

Attached: joaquin-phoenix-joker-movie-1554297252.jpg (1200x601, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qiw2i8fKTAo
youtube.com/watch?v=OGmhtEEJaOw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you guys ready for the eventual synergy where they reveal that Batman and Joker are brothers?

Attached: Brothers.png (1189x622, 714K)

GOOD FUCKING DAMN IT Yea Forums!

Attached: Nana_Shimura.png (606x300, 130K)

Legitimately looks great.

It honestly does

Yeah, cause when ever there is any big cape movie. they stay confined to a single thread with utter constraint. Fuck off, it'll die down after a day or two.

Couldn't they just have made a movie about a clown that gradually goes insane without it even being remotely connected to Batman, Joker or Arkham?

Reminder Frances McDormand was in talks to play the mother but the second she saw it was a DC movie she got the hell out just like Baldwin

Yeah, but unfortunately brands sell better. I think I'd like this movie a lot more if it wasn't The Joker. But hey, there's still a small chance that this isn't the real Joker either, and merely an inspiration he took from Phoenix's character

kill yourself ladderbro

How to make a trailer seem smart:
Step 1: use old music
There is no step 2.

That's confirmed from test-screenings.

Simpson's did it

youtube.com/watch?v=qiw2i8fKTAo

What would that small detail change anything? You're still watching 90% about Not-Joker. I don't get this. I'd rather this truly be the Joker as much as it deviates from canon (stupid fucking notion), then watch the entire movie only for the Joker to be some random kid that shows up for 2% of the movie because it satisfy some autist desire for sequels or comic book accuracy (again stupid notion)

Ten times better than zero is still zero.

There haven't been test screenings. The movie finished filming a month ago and is still editing

Reminds me of a Charles Mingus album to a degree.

My only problem is that it would make Joker really old by the time Batman is active.
Unless they also make him falling into a vat of vigor-boosting chemicals canon.

Who cares about Batman? Maybe Batman doesn't exist and never will. It's not important.

Bruce Wayne has been confirmed to be that kid that Joker is seen with.

>there's still a small chance that this isn't the real Joker either
The twist is that this is the origin story of Robin. He's working as a clown thanks to his dear old ma's acrobat connections.

How so

It's this kind of stupid shit GOTHAM tried to pull. Christ, Joker would be an old man by the time Batman becomes a thing

Who cares about Batman? This isn't the start of a cinematic universe. It's a one-off about Joker's failed life as a comedian. It's an Elseworlds title.

>Who cares about Batman?
The Joker. That's kind of his whole deal. Moreover, where and when was this ever stated to be an elseworlds?

Are you legit fucking retarded?

>Moreover, where and when was this ever stated to be an elseworlds?
Since fucking forever. It was announced as a one-off done in style of the Scorsese films. Scorsese is even producing this.

Joker has the true secret to immortality, user. Forget the Lazarus Pit, what you really need is laughter. Laughter is the best medicine. Slaughter is a decent placebo.

I thought that guy wasn't actually the joker this whole time?...

Oh wait, don't tell me you idiots fell for that?

>Scorsese is even producing this.
No he's not

Someone heard Wolf of Wallstreet producer and just assumed it was him

Do you see Jared Leto here? No? Guess why

Fucking stupid

>movie ends at Crime Alley, but shortly after Joe Chill run away from the scene Joker shoots him the face.

Attached: 1352939974598.png (344x320, 112K)

user they've already well established that WB doesn't want anyone to remember anything before Aquaman, and they alienated Leto after the editing thing they did in Suicide Squad, but that's besides the point. I never said it was supposed to be canon to the DCEU, like at all.

But let's assume it is an elseworlds; what a fucking shitty excuse for one. It's a Joker origin, hardly an original idea to begin with, but now with zero Batman at all, or any inclination that he'll even meet him at all. I actually would like this film a lot more if it didn't slap JOKER on it, and it was a completely different character.

>durr I'm the kind of fucking retard who wonders why the doom patrol doesn't show up in Arrow

Just so you guys know, when the movie was announced there were some "rumors" about its plot.
Essentially Thomas Wayne, Batman's father, will try to become Gotham's mayor. He also fathered this Joker. Joker and little Bruce Wayne are brothers.
Joker's invited to a TV show done by Robert DeNiro where he's humiliated live, Joker's mom also dies and he snaps.
Joker will be going after the mayor/his daddy throughout the majority of the film.

He isn't. Guy is 76.

Directed by: Todd Phillips
Produced by: Todd Phillips, Bradley Cooper and Emma Tillinger Koskoff
Written by: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver
Music by: Hildur Guðnadóttir

Leto is has been teasing his return for SS2, though.

No? That's not what I'm implying at all. Come up with a real argument, fucktard.
I don't really buy that but crazier things have happened I suppose.

No he's not

And who the fuck would that be? They clearly have a vision for the character.

You are forgetting the Nolan movies also weren't part of any universe. Not everything needs this shit. Especially the Joker.

We'll have to wait and see. That boy could very well be Bruce.

Multiple Jokers and shit.

But honestly i would see as a miniseries/one-shot about the Joker.

>A young Bruce meeting the Joker
Really gets the noggin joggin

user I'm not concerned about it connecting to the DCEU at all. That's not my fucking problem. My problem is having a Joker origin movie where he's well established and Bruce isn't even fucking 10 years old. This is why Gotham is stupid.

But then people would just accuse it of ripping off Batman/The Joker.

GamerRISE UP

Don't watch it?

His Joker is already being used in BoP. I don't know why it'd seem strange for him to be return.

its not the Joker.

this joker is joe chill , that gun means something ?

Man, at first I was kinda interested in the movie. Now I want to watch it

Could be

is joe chill as "joker" , at end of movie goes joe chill again and finds bruce parents and

Just because they still use his joker doesn't mean he's coming back

He's done with DC that's why he's doing Morbius

It's not Joe Chill.

Joker's mom was an old employee of Thomas Wayne and she's enamored with Thomas. Thomas Wayne will also be compared to Donald Trump. He will even try to be a mayor.

are the rumors true? is he gonna say it? or is that just a meme?

Who fucking cares? Shouldn't you be concerned about whether it's good or not?

Legitimately looks good. Nicholson Joker costume reference and everything.

Suicide Squad 2

That... would actually be a pretty ok explanation as to why Batman keeps refusing to see Joker die.

I'm sure I'll have a good time given the performance. But I won't call it good Joker material

They are not and this is a dumb meme and Scott Snyder did the brother thing way better.

>"my mother told me to have a purpose"
the DC motherlover meme is real

but we say this about every dc trailer

nah but honestly, this looks fucking wonderful

So wait, is the man in the mask they're talking about Joker or Thomas Wayne?

They are. The trailer pretty much confirmed everything from the previous leaks.
>the movie taking place during the 60's
>Joker being called Arthur Fleck
>Joker coming back home to take care of his ill mother
>movie taking place during the 60's Garbage Strike
>black chick as a single mother who feels the system is stacked against the poor people
>Thomas Wayne as the cities Mayor and Trump-like figure
>Joker's mom being an old employee of Wayne Enterprises that was said to be beautiful back in the day and who is in love with Thomas
>Robert DeNiro being a late-night TV show host that interviews the Joker

The man talking is Thomas, the Maketta Man is the Joker. Is Thomas smack-talking the Joker in the TV.

For me Joker was always at leat 10 years older than batman, so gotham didn't really bother me at all.
As for this,i see it as an elseworld movie,and if they decide to create a universe maybe the flash movie causes all the timelines to merge so we get a universe with joaquin phoenix's joker being a thing only a few years before batman.

jokes er

youtube.com/watch?v=OGmhtEEJaOw

Obviously Joker

Attached: Dnu3iAcWwAAQRgY.jpg (722x1200, 150K)

Masketa man

Attached: 1545697587799.png (249x386, 283K)

Are the stealing Thomas Wayne is outright corrupt Batman Telltale? Because that’s the only story I know of that presents Thomas like that.

>WB doesn't want anyone to remember anything before Aquaman

Wonder Woman was before Aquaman

>>the movie taking place during the 60's

but it's not

>hidden /pol/ discord
Jesus, how many layers of cancer.

Here's the casting call for the role of Joker's mother:
>PENNY:
>Supporting Female (60-74) Caucasian. Lower class, very attractive in her younger days, still feels that way about herself. But recently her health has started failing, and she’s nearly bedridden in her Lower East Side apartment which she shares with her grown son who just moved back home. She’s obsessed with her former employer and can’t believe that this is what her life has come to, that she has ended up here, like this…
Now the two detectives that appear in the movie:
>DETECTIVE GARRITY:
>Supporting Male (50-59) any ethnicity. Police Detective in a city on the brink; a by-the-book cop, worn down by all his years on the force. He doesn’t care about or take into consideration any of the societal or political ramifications of his cases.
>DETECTIVE BURKE:
>Supporting Male (30-39) any ethnicity. A Police Detective and Garrity’s partner; he’s an asshole, who gets off by being in a position of authority. Being a cop is how he defines himself.
They might be Gordon and Bullock, but the descriptions don't match. Who knows. Maybe Gordon this time around is a bully.
The love interest:
>SOPHIE DUMOND:
>Supporting female (27-34) to play African American or to play Latina. Not beautiful, has a hardness to her, a single mother living on the Lower East Side, doing the best she can, trying to make ends meet; worn out by the grind of the city. She understands how the system is stacked against her and the people in her community, how unjust it all is for them. She’s just trying to catch a break.

Joaquin is one of the best actors of his generation

Attached: EF4287F2-0AB2-4DBF-B29E-EF1BC2D343E4.jpg (828x1147, 321K)

BNHA CHADS RISE UP

Attached: 1545097315227.png (479x386, 48K)

Others:
>HOYT VAUGHN:
>Supporting Male (50-69) any ethnicity the old-school manager of hotel staff. He’s seen it all, and finds it difficult to give a shit about much of anything anymore
>RANDALL:
>Supporting Male (40-59)Caucasian. Thinks he’s the wisest and most knowledgeable person in any room he’s in, tries to present himself as a mentor to everybody, but is really just looking out for himself, burly.
>GARY:
>Supporting Male (30-49) any ethnicity to play a dwarf; Randall’s best friend, he’s good-natured and a buddy to his colleagues at work, one of the only decent people in the whole movie.
This is the descript of Robert DeNiro's role,that we now know to be a TV show host:
>MURRAY FRANKLIN
>Male (65-75) Caucasian
Pretty under-wraps. I'll try to find the description for Thomas Wayne.

It looks like dogshit

I can't

I got to the part where he got kicked in the nuts and I can't stop laughing.

Couldn't find it, but it seems that in the film, he's a mayoral candidate who, per casting reports, will be something of a Donald Trump-like character. This would suggest that he's being positioned as something approaching the antagonist, at least from Arthur's point of view.

>Todd Phillips: "Hey I got this script I can't sell about the devolving state of media, fame hunger, and the effect on the disturbed and unbalanced among us but I can't sell it. What do I do?"
>Warner Bros: "Leave it to us."
>[A few years later]
>JOKER: COMING OCTOBER 2019

Holy fuck, this is twisted, I want it.

>Joaquin Phoenix's dead brother, River Phoenix, was a Batman fan and the only movie premiere he went to other than his own was Burton's Batman in 1989.
>Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix were tight friends.
This role probably has some emotional meaning for him.

>tfw Willem DaFoe is too old to play the Joker now and we'll never see it

Not gonna lie but that sounds like unironic kino

It's a very artsy film.

It's almost like something you'd see at Sundance if not for the Batman mythos.

THIS

I can't even find fault with this for main canon
>Joe Chill kills The Waynes
>Years pass
>Bruce becomes Batman
>Joker appears
>Joker by some cosmic coincidence kills Joe Chill
>Bruce discovers this and can't bring himself to kill the man who essentially by accident avenged his parents for him, and robbed him of that victory

Attached: Speechless.png (636x440, 115K)

Why are people obsessed with dragging The Waynes through the mud now? Bruce's parents were supposed to be an example of Gotham's Elite that were still trying to do the right thing, and were killed randomly like any other citizen of Gotham. Anything more than that is stupid. After all, Thomas Wayne was Bruce's hero

Funny that Alec "Boss Baby" Baldwin would think he has a reputation as an actor to uphold.

Sounds kino, but then the Joker would be like 60 by the time Bruce becomes Batman.

Attached: RISE UP.png (606x300, 294K)

Baldwin dropped out because he said he didn't want to be typcasted as Trump-style characters. He's a moron.

Attached: thumb_662413554889400320.png (200x210, 30K)

Wow, I just assumed this movie was going to be terrible, but it actually looks really good. It's obviously a very different take on the Joker that I'm used to, but that just makes it interesting.

Between this and Shazam, it looks like DC is moving away from trying to copy the MCU and doing these self-contained kind of experimental mid-budget films. This was working pretty well for Fox with Deadpool and Logan, and I'm glad to see DC is picking up that mantle.

That's why I specified years later when Joker starts out