Reminder that Disney owns two versions of Peter Pan now

Attached: IMG_1271.png (688x464, 468K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72_pv_82ZXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FLOzaTJY9ok
youtube.com/watch?v=NFxxSO4prIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought Disney got this when they fought Fox Family back in the 00's

They also own some fairies that enjoy a collection of Elvis records.

Attached: strange-magic.jpg (700x299, 61K)

I hope we get the full series on Disney+

Attached: IMG_1270.jpg (210x240, 7K)

I doubt it will ever see the light of day again.

I keep thingking Disney might do something with all these newly aquired IPs but they probably never will.

That's their entire plan.

Did they have some special contract with the childrens hospital that holds the copyright to Peter Pan? Disney might now own the contract and whatever additional rights it came with.

i never did like that version of wendy
i liked the other cartoon (anime) version of wendy more.
although i did like peter pan from that show over the anime one
and hook was far superior over the anime one

Attached: peter pan anime.jpg (500x329, 109K)

We need a unified Disney Fairy universe.

Attached: vlcsnap-2012-11-23-16h32m10s214.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

Tinkerbell was great but come on without Tim Curry as Captain Hook what would be the point

and for some reason I thought you were talking about a new series. pls ignore

Of course they will! First they have to sanitize it into a billion-dollar IP, though. Something that will not only get people into theater seats, but will push toys, created licensed merchandise, and (most importantly) create sequels that will push more toys and licensed merch.

tinkerbell
more like
thiccbell

mor like
tinkerthicc

mo lie
thiccerthicc

Pre-movie fairies were better.

Attached: 81o8nNE+x1L.jpg (1163x1746, 418K)

I liked both groups. I wish they had let the book cast keep doing its thing instead of ending them to match up with the cartoons.

They had a cute art style.

Yes, and that means we will NEVER see them again, EVER, because you kno how Disney works, but then again you stupid fucks are still on the delusion that Didney getting Fox and putting the Xmans on the MCU will be good and that somehow they will not fuck it up.

Didney just buys to posses, corrupt and destroy, star wars anyone?

even if it was the shitty saban americanized dub, it ended still being weird

Younger me only watched this cartoon for the girls. Whenever Hook wasn't on screen the cartoon was boring.

And create confusion in the marketplace? Disney even made sure the Peter Pan on Peter Pan peanut butter is their design.

Attached: 91uvn3ZjHqL._SY606_.jpg (343x606, 38K)

>without Tim Curry as Captain Hook what would be the point
Hook's big speech about how he'll die a man while Peter will be nothing but a stupid kid forever is chilling.

>tinkerbell
>more like
>thiccbell
You ain't lying.

Attached: 1524196994200.png (441x560, 253K)

I'd like to watch the show in high quality if only to redo this video.

Also Australian Fairies and post-apocalyptic titcow fairies.

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 8K)

Which means Peter Pan and the Pirates will be even more memory-holed than it was before since Disney doesn't want internal competition with /theirpan/. Not like Disney cares about anything other than a few of the trademarks when they buy these companies out anyway.

>Disney
>owns
>Peter Pan
Jesus titty fucking CHRIST American copyright law is cancerous.

Actually, the last time this show came up, we did some sleuthing and found out Disney sold it back to TMS.

Which means, assuming they held onto the rights the whole time, the show is now in the hands of Sega.

Huh I guess they really did thought of this, funny.

in my city, there was a tv channel whose afternoon lineup was all the disney stuff (DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Bonkers) plus Peter Pan and the Pirates. it made me forget Disney's version, especially since i'd also seen Hook.

american copyright law is indeed cancerous, i hope we don't get another Sonny Bono bill

Loisel is the only one to get her right so far.

Attached: Peter_Pan_Clochette_Fee_13.jpg (600x902, 107K)

>no animated Rani
>ever

Attached: rani.png (500x685, 696K)

Reminder that publishers are not studios.

I can only assume that the book exclusive characters weren't born yet.

Time to post this again.

Attached: Hook.jpg (593x612, 58K)

>You never got to see Rani and Silvermist meet.

Peter Pan is public domain my dude, you only have to pay royalties to the Ormund Hospital for Kids

Who is this character? Does she have lewds?

Wendy Moira Angela Darling

>Australian Fairies
who are they and why do I not know them

Wait a second, is that art by fucking Barbucci?

Ferngully is set in Australia and it was a Fox movie.

Attached: 610CFKV14HL._SY445_.jpg (317x445, 48K)

FUCK YEAH DISNEY!

Attached: ergt355335.png (1139x927, 584K)

We need all of Disney's fairy properties in one universe. Don't let Star Wars and Orville get there first.

Is that the same artist form WITCH?

Attached: W-I-T-C-H-Girls[1].jpg (400x433, 57K)

That’s what I was asking. But you know, without actually saying the word for obvious reasons.

Oh wow, always thought it was set in South America for some reason.
Yeah, Crysta should definitely cross over with the Grove.

Probably because you hear the word "Rainforest" and your brain immediately goes to the Amazon.

Despite the fact that Ferngully has cassowaries, goannas and kangaroos living in it.

Attached: vlcsnap-2012-11-22-17h01m11s208.png (1280x720, 850K)

I don't recall kangaroos and I have no clue what the others are. I also had no clue about rainforests in Australia, but I guess those are as good spawnpoints for monstrosities as any other.

My most vivid memory of this show, other than Tim Curry's voice, is the episode where Wendy is seduced by the mermaids into turning into a mermaid herself, and the Lost Boys have to rescue her before the transformation becomes permanent.

I'm not sure, but considering he worked for Disney Italy, probably. Or one of the additional artists who worked on WITCH.

They also own Kidd Video through Saban.

Attached: sususussudio.webm (320x240, 2.71M)

Alright, who owns the Zelda cartoon nowadays?

Does it matter? If I bought a Da Vinci painting, it's still a Da Vinci.

This one's edited, right?

>that one episode where the mermaids gang up on Wendy and tickle torture her until she loses her laugh

Attached: towelsweat.jpg (600x600, 40K)

This looks like middle aged Gogo Tomago wearing a mismatched Tinkerbell/Bumblebee costume.
She's going to get drunk at a bar on halloween and get banged in the bathroom stall by an older man she's barely attracted to.

Probably DHX Media since they bought DIC.

We need more Peter Pan honestly

Goddamn, she went Super Faye.

oh wow

This is amazing in it's thoroughness, and numbing for the same reason.

Nope.

>everything wrong with TMS animation

DAMN nigga

This is the best version of Captain Hook.

It's by one of the main artists on the book who stayed on for a long time and tended to do a lot of covers. She's doing Donald Duck stuff these days.
The book is written by Therese Radice as well, who was a writer on W.I.T.C.H. and who does a lot of other Disney Italia stuff(Donald Duck and mickey among them).
No, it's actually Daniela Vetro.

Attached: Dickie.png (447x394, 222K)

This fills me with a sliver of hope.

Jesus christ that clash in styles. See? look at the actual appealing Tinkerbell face and skull shape and then compare it to the right side which is too realistic yet "dumbs-syndrome"-looking. This is why I cannot fap to Winx.

>Winx
I suspect you are trolling, but I'll humor you.
Both "skull" shapes are used in WITCH, the one on Tinkerbell is simply used for the curvier and rounder characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=FLOzaTJY9ok

>Public domain
>Still have to pay royalties
Doesn't that still count as a type of copyright?

I read the dialogue as "thiccest duck in the world". I need help.

Cute!

Loisel Tink has eyes for Peter only. Murderous eyes.

Seriously if you haven't read Loisel's Peter Pan, you should. It's great.

Attached: does_this_look_like_the_face_of_mercy.jpg (736x969, 182K)

What I appreciated about this show most was that Captain Hook wasn't always going through the motions of being a gentleman like other adaptations. He loved his mother and motherhood in general and any promise he'd make he'd usually break but if he swore on his mother? He'd always keep it no matter how much he hated doing it.

When Peter decided it'd be a great joke to have Wendy dress up and pretend to be Starkey's mother, Hook allowed himself to be humiliated by pretending to be the lowest ranked man on the Jolly Roger just so Starkey could play captain and look good in front of his mum. Of course Hook was going to make Starkey pay for that with interest n lashes later, but still that happened.

Someone had a bit of fun rearranging the dialogue in that comic in an old thread.

Attached: Part1.png (902x404, 420K)

Attached: Part 2.png (447x407, 238K)

Attached: Part 3.png (896x880, 874K)

A reminder that Disney owns two of Don Bluth's magnum opuses (This and Titan AE) despite him having hated the company. Also they're likely to add Anya to the Disney Princess roster just to spite him. And his career is pretty much dead due to CGI taking over the industry.

Being Don Bluth is suffering.

Attached: 51t6qgVIfHL.jpg (336x500, 33K)

afaik, you only have to pay royalties if you're adapting the stage play or using elements from it. It's still in copyright (Barrie left the copyright in his will to the children's hospital) whereas the novel is now public domain.

Obviously you can't make the characters resemble Disney's versions though or use any original elements they created, or they'll fuck you up the ass.

A reminder that Disney now owns Freddy Got Fingered and Kung Pow Enter The Fist.

No, he's right, Winx does (or did, in the earlier seasons) use a similar far-apart-eyes style. I guess it was in vogue in Italy at the time. I actually like it a lot though.

It pisses me off how Disney don't credit artists, makes it really hard to find things by artists and writers I like.

Attached: winx-club-serie-tv-01-g.jpg (1200x827, 167K)

>It pisses me off how Disney don't credit artists, makes it really hard to find things by artists and writers I like.
They usually do over in Europe at least.

>Freddy Got Fingered and Kung Pow Enter The Fist.
Perfect picks for Kingdom Hearts worlds.

She looks like a loli B. Orchid.

Because Japan is not afraid to say blonde white blue eyed women are the most attractive women on Earth.

How would a Kung Pow world work? Have several different dubs for each language?

All I know is that in the FGF world we get minigames where Sora jerks off a horse or an elephant and helps Gord deliver a baby by biting an umbilical cord.

I actually do hope we see this on Disney+ one day.

The only available sources are terrible VHS rips. I'd love at least somewhat decent 480p versions of the show.

>terrible VHS rips

Even worse. They are recorded network broadcasts. The quality is absolutely terrible in most cases.

The show, to my knowledge, was never released on home video or broadcast again after its initial run.

>Dat hairstyle
>Dat animation

This was a rare gem from TMS and it's a sin it was basically forgotten and brushed under the rug.

tms only only did like 20% of the show

>TMS

Fuck off, Famicom.

>gem
The animation is ugly as hell and has all the usual TMS flaws, see

Attached: Doraemon.jpg (182x268, 17K)

>This was a rare gem from TMS

Oh hey, it's Famicom/TMS Fag. Was wondering when he'd get here.

Fuck off.

tms didn't make all of the episodes retard

But the ones they DID make looked like ass, autist.

Reminder you're enabling famicom's attention whoring and thread derailing by replying to him.

I know it was released in the UK. I had a couple of tapes.

wrong

right
TMS can't draw a normal human expression or animate a character moving like a normal human being to save their life

So the story does matter, yeah? Lots of people just want crush kill destroy. Though the idea of a soot covered Wendy riding Long Tom into naval battle is an interesting one.
She lights the cannon with Tinkerbell.

I know FOX Kids reran it in the late 90s as weekday afternoon filler.

Rani is beautiful you swine.
>cuts her own wings off to save Neverland
>doesn't get them back
Best girl. The fairies movies wish they were this hardcore.

Attached: fb162cff271c98ec56cb0e93fb59dbbe.jpg (1870x1716, 803K)

Nope the copyright to Peter Pan belongs to Great Ormand Street forever, the rights never expire, it's a specific exemption in British law.

The criminally underrated Jason Isaacs Peter Pan got made because Disney tried to screw the hospital out of royalties, so they gave pemission to a rival instead. Disney don't try to mess them around any more.

Well shit. No wonder Disney tried to screw them though, they must be seriously jealous of that perpetual copyright, that's exactly what they want on everything they own.

>And his career is pretty much dead due to CGI taking over the industry.
He is like 98 years old or something, I doubt he cares anymore.

And his magnum opus was 'The Secret of NIMH'

He still teaches new animators, and had a kickstarter for a Dragon's Lair movie.
I remember seeing a screencap of kids from CalArts, of all things, shitting on his course recently.

Goddamn I always choke on this brand.

Attached: Peter_Pan.0.jpg (1200x800, 74K)

Does Disney own Hook? Because that would make three.
>the copyright to Peter Pan belongs to Great Ormand Street forever, the rights never expire
Technically I think that only applies in Britain, in America it's technically in the public domain.
And yes, I know I said technically two times in one sentence.

Hook is owned by Sony

Agreed. Tim Curry was a perfect Hook.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFxxSO4prIM

Attached: Capture.jpg (995x724, 86K)

Attached: YOU LAZY PALTROON WITH THE INTELLIGENCE OF A SEA SLUG AND THE BACKBONE OF A JELLY FISH.jpg (1021x783, 118K)

The black cauldron has a better chance of being released on blu-ray UNCUT than Disney ever releasing this peter pan show

>Fawn's fat ass
>but also tiny, because she's a fairy
I wish fairies were real and curious about humans sexually.

Attached: post-26968-0-87776600-1425196171.jpg (1434x778, 233K)

Who's your favourite Neverland fairy, Yea Forums? Even ones not pictured from the books or whatever.

Attached: disney_fairy33.jpg (3000x1688, 877K)

who is far left?

Attached: yum2.gif (300x224, 238K)

Spike

Attached: vlcsnap-2013-06-16-20h01m21s181_kick.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

Look, I like it, love it, even, but it's still a criminal crime how they nerfed Tink's figure in that.
Again, I say this as someone that welcomes more Fat Fairy Ass.

Attached: 684efd63eaf6d150c53682adea8cb89f.png (500x635, 311K)

I'm not sure they did alter her figure that much, I think it's more a proportions thing. 3D Tink's head is huge.

Attached: youloveit_ru_pirate_fairy_new_images30.jpg (621x1211, 190K)

None's gonna disagree with you here, bud

what the fuck looks like Jane from Peter Pan 2. Disney

Attached: vlcsnap-2013-06-15-15h54m58s121.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Cute

Fairies have some fat asses

They came by them honestly.

Attached: vlcsnap-2013-06-15-18h57m21s236.png (1920x1080, 847K)

Goddammit.
I remember frequenting a message board dedicated to this show.
Now, it was a forum dedicated to a long dead show then, nowadays I don't even know how to classify it.

Each character had a distinct and consistent (but not totally static) personality.
Somehow seems rare, maybe for the day, to have that. Maybe it's old hat today.

Best Hook.
One consistent with Barrie's description of Hook being gentlemanly, even if it's just a veneer over his brutality, but with this Hook more than any other depiction you get a sense that he was once something else.
Brain's foggy, so 20 year old fanfic and what actually transpired in the 60 odd episodes of the show mesh and meld and become hard to separate.
But Barrie, when describing Hook, mentioned some kind of scandal, perhaps implying that before he took up the black flag Hook was a ranking member of the Royal Navy from a prominent family (hence his Etonian background).

Maybe it's just because there's just more time with this Hook vs other, shorter movie adaptations, or just Curry's performance, but I always got the impression that there was more to this villain compared to the usual 1 dimensional fare typical of the day.

This was a good cartoon.

>Brain's foggy, so 20 year old fanfic and what actually transpired in the 60 odd episodes of the show mesh and meld and become hard to separate.
But Barrie, when describing Hook, mentioned some kind of scandal, perhaps implying that before he took up the black flag Hook was a ranking member of the Royal Navy from a prominent family (hence his Etonian background).

In the show at least, Hook never delved into what sort of family he had growing up but he, joined the navy or lied about it at least and became a pirate with his brother and simple chose to live as a gentleman to set himself apart from and superior to every other pirate. He murdered his brother in cold blood and took over his ship and his crew, Hook's fiance found out that Hook had been living as a pirate and broke up with him when he wouldn't give up being a pirate and marry her and settle down.

That's.. not inaccurate.

Yes, a Hook with depth, with history. A man who's done things, a man who's Done Things, yet can't sink a grapeshot into one lad who fed his hand to a crocodile and may have stranded his ship and crew through fairy magic.

Attached: 19.jpg (1920x1080, 102K)