Just saw it. Was cool...

Just saw it. Was cool. the only reason to hate it is if you think it's important on how credible it is to keep your secret ID. Because there is no way anyone will not know that shazam is Billy Batson at the end of the day. If you can still get over the notion that somehow, it is still secret, then you'll have fun.

One thing though, spoiler:
we actually get to have Mary Marvel and the whole Marvel family for the final battle, but... al she do is fight one of the sin and basically she is entangled in the tentacle the whole time. It is not clearly named, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Lust. And well, she fight it, but never really do anything else and struggle more than anything, even if she throw some kick and punch. Kinda disappointed, I was expected for her to do more, and I wonder how much of it was intentional.

Attached: 0.jpg (1200x630, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY
forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/03/16/shazam-taking-flight-with-possible-50-million-opening/#2d2664ef2fef
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, I really didn't see a point for her to have a different actress for her transformation. In the comic, she doesn't really change her aspect when transforming, and I had to check out to make sure it was different actress. I think Grace Fulton would have played both the transformed and untransformed Mary.

Attached: 0.jpg (770x770, 51K)

youtube.com/watch?v=go6GEIrcvFY
Also, it turn out Trailer actually never showed it, so it's why I didn't see it, but the Wizard is actually black.

Guess it's my fault for never paying attnetion to the actors hired. Surprised there wasn't a whol internet drama like there usually is. Then again, he die so Billy can be the hero, so I guess it's a clear an cut case of Magic Black man Spike lee can complain about.

Attached: 0.jpg (295x400, 35K)

the only reason to hate it is not having childhood

she would look off looking 17 (I know the actress is 22 but still) while all the others look 30

yeah, she barely did anything. at least now at the university she can transform and visit her Foster family anytime.

also that Superman cameo at the end was weird.

in the comic, she also looked younger than the rest of the Marvel familly.

Well, they still haven't a replacement for Calvil, so what are you gonna do ?

Is there a superman cameo

there is, but he has a paperbag over his head the whole time he is on camera. It was kinda weird.

not really, Darla originally looked like a child, now she looks like a teenager, same age as Mary at least
movie Darla would look obviously older than normal Mary though

Mary was more useful before she transformed

>that tentacle rape attempt

Attached: 1527397859840.jpg (297x259, 12K)

Speaking of, it's really disturbing how transformed Darla look hot.

>Trailer actually never showed it
It totally did, I swear the fuck it did.

Wat

Well, not the one I linked.

Okay, actually you never see his head as it is above the camera, so he could be wearing a paperbag all along.

I fucking loved it. Felt like a movie from fifteen years ago, in the best possible way. A great example of what limitations (low budget and downscaled shared universe) can do for a movie. What do you have when you can't fall back on blowing up half the city or parade around sequelbait? Nothing but the script, the characters and the core narrative. It's so refreshing to have a movie with its own face and story to tell for once. The characters are well rounded and have actual arcs, the drama is played straight and the emotional beats work, the levity and energy keep things going and, what I consider especially rare, the movie is self-aware, but never smug about it? It knows the cliche and the genre conventions, but plays around with them in some rather smart ways (for example, in how it uses Billy's paper thin secret identity), while it fully embraces others.

Or consider how, in rather direct opposition to how shared continuity works these days, the Superman cameo is used not for sheer fanservice alone, but to cap off the arc Billy and Freddy's friendship has undergone throughout the movie. It's intertextuality put in the service of the main story and not the other way around. There's really some clever writing at display here, for the movie's apparent simplicity and very traditionalist image.

i can find the woman attractive user without thinking of the little girl.

Attached: 1553453586228.jpg (1936x1936, 2.98M)

Wait, are people still pretending to care about this flop?

Why isn't the sequel about Adam vs Shazam

Because it didn't make enough money for a sequel

How much did it make?

Hasn't made anything yet but it looks like it's heading for a $40 - $45 million dollar weekend

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-173615_Chrome.jpg (1079x1237, 465K)

It comes out in theaters on Thursday. Asking before then is kinda pointless.

That's half its production budget

Because after one kid tried to imitate a super hero and hurt itself, parents sued WB and they decide to stop the production of all Super hero movies all together.

It's also fucking terrible when it need $230 million to break even

Where did you get those numbers

Are you a time traveller? Or oddly angry about a film that looks to be harmless fun?

Dude, it's going to make tons of money. Theres no reason to think it won't besides marveldrone zealotry

I feel kind of bad for this movie. It's not going to open that high for a superhero movie, because of low character recognition, it's probably going to have decent legs because of good word of mouth, given reactions have been largely positive, and then in three weeks it will have those legs completely cut out from under it when everybody and their mother and their mother's mother goes to see Avengers Endgame.

forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/03/16/shazam-taking-flight-with-possible-50-million-opening/#2d2664ef2fef
>In addition, Shazam! is budgeted below $100 million after tax incentives and other adjustments, so even with marketing costs the film will hit break-even point somewhere around $230+ million at the box office
So unless it gets about $170 million from overseas which is unlikely or does above expectations which is impossible it's going to bomb super hard

Attached: 1554247186823.jpg (1067x1543, 717K)

>it's probably going to have decent legs
It's out of theaters once Endgame comes out

Maybe WB can make back some of the loss with streaming

>Contributor
so literally a literally who from forbes wow
Should just have said it was your own data and it would have been the same.

You honestly think it's going to do that little? 100% seriously not meming?

Oh that classic DCuck denial how I love it

45 million opening weekend with a 50% drop in its second weekend and then Endgame and Detective Pikachu come out so it may as well not even be in theaters at that point

No it isn't because that's only the US opening you dope

He's been saying this shit for months. Just ignore him

Hm, I can see the math, but there are a lot of factors and assumptions being made. Mainly that it won't do far better initially and the second week drop off ending up less severe. And that people won't go see it as well as Endgame. I guess time will tell.

Mark Huges is pretty good with the box office. But he also says that Shazam should reach that 230mil mark easily so it's weird Ladderfag even posted it. The headline even says "Shazam taking flight"

>And that people won't go see it as well as Endgame.
Not him, but I don't see much chance of that. Endgame is going to be THE MOVIE that weekend, and the next few weekends after that if early ticket sales are any indication. Sites are crashing trying to keep up with people trying to buy tickets.

His math is shit. He would have you believe this is going to perform worse than Fan4stic. Which opened at 25mil, didn't get chinabux and still made 167mil. Shazam isn't going to flop. I expect it to earn about as much as Rampage did last year. A film which had a lower opening than what Shazam is expected, less time before Avengers came out and still earned over 420mil

I remember the doomsaying about Wonder Woman and Aquaman, but I also remembering thinking Wonder Woman wasn't going to do very well and that Justice League would make Avengers money, so I'm just adopting a wait and see attitude.

>Endgame is going to be THE MOVIE that weekend,
Oh yeah no doubt about it but pointing again to my rampage comparison. In it's third weekend where it competed with Infinity War's opening it still made 7.2mil. So Shazam wont completely die when Endgame hits. And remember it has more time than Rampage did.

I don't know why you guys let Ladderbro get inside your heads. He's so anti DC he may as well be the Anti-life equation in human form

I am usually quite good at guessing right if a movie is going to be successful, and I think this one will. the last time I was wrong was with the Dredd movie.

Attached: 0.jpg (800x440, 47K)

>I don't know why you guys let Ladderbro get inside your heads.
I don't, I'm just putting the pieces together the best I can.

I'm terrible at it, mostly because I can usually find redeeming qualities in divisive films. For example I love the DCEU movies for what they are rather than disliking them for what they aren't or could have been. But since others don't share that approach backlashes sometimes catch me by surprise.

I'm usually pretty good. Aquaman caught me by surprise though. I thought for sure all the December releases would cannibalize each other but Aquaman performed like the other films weren't even there

I always do it like this

Do I like the trailer? Then it's a bad movie and probably going to bomb

Movie was fun & I like how serious it could be too. Also, Mr. Mind looks cute.

>The Wizard is actually black
Yeah no shit. This has been a thing for a while now.

>mostly because I can usually find redeeming qualities in divisive films.
I don't like the DCEU but I feel you, I really enjoyed that Tarzan movie from a few years back and was surprised when I went home and found out the entire internet seemingly hated it