It's been over a decade since Iron Man 1 kickstarted the era of action capeshit movies...

It's been over a decade since Iron Man 1 kickstarted the era of action capeshit movies. What is the best action scene we ever saw since then? Colossus vs juggernaut in Deadpool 2 is my personal pick.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs
youtube.com/watch?v=OMdrFoEDGj4
youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg
youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=StnmzjqMKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dsi4FuHipoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LgXn66lW-Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=sA5Z1lukRkM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nx2mhPEr7kA
youtube.com/watch?v=SjKXTiv4tp8
youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0
youtube.com/watch?v=RXbFP2V_zSA
youtu.be/LA0hG5Bo5x4
youtu.be/oT6tjYYa3GU
youtube.com/watch?v=HnAw3E_mLh8
youtube.com/watch?v=5_pBVXfReA4
youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Iron Man and War Machine vs the robots at the end of Iron Man 2

For all of its flaws, I enjoyed the battles of MoS,

Movie quality aside, I loved Batman fighting the thugs in the warehouse.

Titan fight

Attached: 316949225.gif (540x225, 2.99M)

That was lame though

Dr. Strange 2 had damn well better be the most amazing spectacle after that showcase in his Thanos fight.

Still Superman vs Zod.

Cap vs Bucky in Winter Soldier

Shit taste

>shit taste
lol no

Attached: ok5s6y9e0qcz.gif (600x250, 1.59M)

>Iron Man 1 kickstarted the era of action capeshit movies.
Yep, I'm too old for this place

It's funny how despite being action movies, the action sequences are always the weakest part of modern superhero films. The warehouse fight in BvS might be the only exception.

The choreography in that gif is incredibly generic though. Not sure what you were trying to prove with that.

Not that guy, and I hated BvS but that was a good fight scene. Good choreography, without CGI bullshit and 10 cuts per second.

This one's definitely up there.

And how does that gif prove any of that?

>shaky camera
>dark room
>boring choreography

Is that gif supposed to defend that shitty scene?

Are you going to judge a scene in a movie by a gif?

>Iron Man 1 kickstarted the era of action capeshit movies

Why wasn't this the first fucking post? Fucking zoomer board.

Honestly say what you will about Zack Snyder, but he can do some fun visual action.
I still think MoS is one of the only times a character seemed comic book Superman level powerful.

Attached: th.jpg (474x704, 53K)

Yeah, lifted right from the shittiest Superman comics.

Are you going to try to defend a scene against anyone who posts a comment saying an argument wasn't supported? Are you going to post anything to actually support your argument at all? By the way, I'm not just judging it by that gif, I'm judging it by Snyder's gratuitous sensibilities when i comes to comic-book violence.

>he hates AllStar Superman

The camera was steady for most of the fight, and the choreography was one of the best things of it.
If you want an example of what you posted, see the Lagos fight of Civil War.

This is Chris Evan's favorite and one of mine too!

Attached: Caplarge.jpg (2738x3579, 3.32M)

Besides, your argument of dark room doesn't really work when you can see what's happening.

>kickstarted
Mate, capeshit was always there.

Read his sentence, they kickstarted the era. Ice existed before the ice age. You dumbass.

I hated the MoS fight everyone seems to love, I left the theater with a headache. Doomsday's fight was also garbage. The warehouse was good though, you rarely see that kinda stuff in superhero films nowadays. Or Hollywood action films in general. You could actually see and get a sense of what was going on and the physicality of the fight. That and the lack of slo-mo makes me wonder if it was directed solely by Snyder or he had some help with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=OMdrFoEDGj4
it doesn't seem that bad to me, whenever it's not Black Widow on-screen generally
but I liked the warehouse fight well enough too

It's a pretty good fight scene.
The dayum shame is that it is the only pretty good fight scene across 10 modern Batman movie appearances.
10 films to get a full minute of good Batman hand-to-hand (unless the Knightmare sequence does it for you, it does not for me).

Attached: Batcard.jpg (584x324, 38K)

The fuck are you on about? Comic books were merely adapted for current audiences which have attention span of a gold fish. There was nothing to kickstart.

>The fuck are you on about?
I'm on about basic literacy and reading comprehension, you retard.

No, Knightmare sequence was crap and one of the biggest problems with the movie.

Just because Iron Man 1 came out after you were born doesn't mean it started the superhero trend. That was Raimi's Spider-Man and to a lesser degree Blade as well. From there we got Superman Returns, the Nolan Batman movies, and of course the X-Men films were coming out as well. And even before IM1 there was Ang Lee's Hulk which was... decent.

Aye. And I'm disagreeing with it.

I still really wanted to like this but it fell a little flat for me. Needed like a half minute more of action and War Machine doing more stuff.

This. More so the Smallville fight than the Superman vs. Zod Metropolis fight.

This might be one of my favorites as well.

Pretty much any fight in IW. Besides that, NONE have had good figth scenes. Took hollywood 10 fucking years to get something RESEMBLING good choreography and cinematography.

Ant-Man 1 & 2, CW, and some DC movies came close.

Attached: k4.jpg (255x233, 29K)

>You could actually see and get a sense of what was going on and the physicality of the fight
That's such a low bar that plenty of cape movies have cleared, and more. Take the Steve, Tony and Bucky fight at the end of Civil war. It's easy to track how the fight flows through the facility up to the top of the silo, then down to the bottom. That, and there's actual emotional impact behind it as well.

Man of Steel was pretty good when it came to super vs super action

You're welcome to disagree with literacy, that doesn't make you right because you aren't.

pestilen/tv/ermin are Yea Forums's greatest scourge. No matter the cost, they must be purged.
Report each and every single live action thread on sight.
If they aren't deleted, or if you get wrongfully banned, politely appeal to the mods by using the feedback function and speak to them directly on IRC explaining why the threads should be removed (they lead to gratuitous amounts of off topic shitposting, political bullcrap, psychotically belligerent brand fanaticism & false flagging for the sake of trolling, etc.). Furthermore, you can try to convince them that by consolidating discussion of all live action movies and TV shows to Yea Forums, their jobs will be made much easier since their attention to shitposting in those threads will be more focused if they're on one board instead of two.

Excellent taste.

Based and elevatorpilled

What the OP should have said was "kickstarted the Superhero Serials". Where the studios are trying to build broad universes where feature films starring different characters cross-over and are clearly in the same world.

You can't even argue that the Singerverse did this, they were always Wolverine features, the Logan solo films just cut down on all the extras involved.

Speaking of which, what is X-Men/Wolverine's best action sequence?

Attached: wolverine (1).jpg (618x412, 51K)

Man of Steel fight between Supes and Zod's Lieutenants.

ABSOLUTE KINO

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg

Them ripping though those Jets and that soldier still willing to go for a knifefight. Badass stuff

Not that guy, but in the 5 years before Iron Man we had: Daredevil, Elektra, X-Men 2 & 3, Hulk, Punisher, Spider-Man 2 & 3, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Ghost Rider, Blade Trinity, Catwoman, Constantine, Batman Begins, Superman Returns and Hellboy. And in the same year as Iron Man was released we got The Dark Knight, Hellboy 2, Hancock, The Incredible Hulk and Punisher: War Zone.
Even the shitty parody Superhero Movie was released the same year as Iron Man, which proves the "era" was already well on its way.

Supes vs Faora and Nam-ek is low stakes cartoon destruction (unless you are some poor humie). There's no tension in it, (or any of the Kryptonian fights) because no one gets hurt until the surprise neck-snappering.

That fight, as well as most modern action film fights, lacked that sense of phisycality, probably due to the inevitable use of CGI on Iron Man's suit and Cap's shield. I remember the shield specially looking too phony and taking me out of the scene. The stairway fight was better, but again, the shield would show up to screw things over, and once they were on the street it was just boring.

Oh and I'll post the fight, since lots of people have nostalgia for it but won't.
youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ

Attached: Man of Steel.jpg (584x432, 44K)

What can I say, user, it's his first fight, and they threatened his mum.

MCU gets credit for having a cinematic universe but it was usually just trilogies for superheroes and it worked fine for most of them. MCU is just a larger scale of it and most movies are made poorer for having to fit in it.

As for X-Men's best scenes probably Quicksilver's scene in Days of Future's Past or Nightcrawler's White House scene in X2.

captain america & bucky vs iron man is really good

I should've just stated the entirety of that Smallville fight, the lieutenants were just a part of it.

Celestial Starlord vs Ego

...thought absolutely no one.

>MCU is just a larger scale of it and most movies are made poorer for having to fit in it.
That's exactly what events and continuity have made for mainstream US comics. Captain Marvel was a prime example of a middling film getting great sales because it's part of an event, as it happened in the 90s with so many mediocre comics. The focus on continuity is nothing but the celebration of comfortable mediocrity above proper quality storytelling.
In a way, I'm glad that DC's shared universe tanked in the movies so they do more diverse stuff like Shazam and Joker. It will still give us crap, like that Birds of Prey movie is shaping up to be but it's still more interesting, specially now that Fox was bought by Disney so we won't have their take on stuff which also gave us a bit more varied movies like Deadpool and Logan.

I feel that if the DCEU was more successful then the MCU would actually attempt to do better themselves. But the problem with most movies is that they get a director and tell that director how to direct. They strip the person of anything that allows them to make the movie unique from the others. This is the same problem with the Star Wars movies. Too much emphasis on consistency and as you said comfortable mediocrity. The Avengers 2 trailer was obviously made to combat the BvS hype by showing the film was seemingly darker. Then the movie came out and it was quips, quips, and more quips. And when they saw the DCEU fumble about some more they put everything on autopilot.

>In a way, I'm glad that DC's shared universe tanked in the movies
This is the level of sour grapes we've reached with the hardcore DC fanboy.
The MCU rolls on because even the least of it's films proved entertaining to the intended audience for them. The DCEU stumbled because they allowed a Director who was contemptuous of the comic material and the fans create a world that only appealed to the niche autist audience.

If you believe for one second that the success of Aquaman and Wonder Woman isn't steering WB back to an MCU-esque universe, you might want to get your brain checked. If Shazam, Batman and Wondy 2 do strong, they'll absolutely start plotting a big team movie.

Attached: 1381305747200.jpg (184x184, 8K)

>I feel that if the DCEU was more successful then the MCU would actually attempt to do better themselves.
That's not really how it tends to work out though. Again, look at what happened with comics in the 90s. We're seeing a similar process on the movies now. Of course, the movie industry won't crash like the comic book industry because there are plenty of other type of movies, but the superhero genre might. My guess is that next year it will be key since it's gonna be the first post-Avengers year.

It doesn't seem to be the direction they're going with. The thing is that I'm a fan of movies as much as I'm a fan of comics, and the propagation of mediocrity is always bad to me, and that's what the MCU is. Mediocre doesn't mean awful like Snyder films, but a bland middle ground that breeds comformism and lack of creativity. Exactly what both DC and Marvel did in mainstream American comics. I'm not interested in company wars, I just like comics and movies.

>Speaking of which, what is X-Men/Wolverine's best action sequence?

Pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=StnmzjqMKRo

youtube.com/watch?v=T9GFyZ5LREQ

youtube.com/watch?v=dsi4FuHipoQ

youtube.com/watch?v=LgXn66lW-Eo

youtube.com/watch?v=sA5Z1lukRkM

Attached: Then & Now.jpg (1012x569, 89K)

What? Lasted like 30 seconds and was nothing special. "Big CGI fight scene!!" line totally ruined it for me. I can handle some bad cg, but add that line blatantly pointing it out just didn't work for me. Le epic DP 4th wall break, I know, but still

Based

>It doesn't seem to be the direction they're going with.
That's because they are dealing with the departure of what was intended to be the World's Finest Team duo and the popular rejection of their creative organizer.

WB is of course gearing up to imitate Marvel again, they have literally hired the director of GotG movies to reboot their GotG knock-off.

And btw, you are impressing no one with your constant spouting of "mediocrity". Keep that shit on Yea Forums please, and thanks.

Attached: Salieri.png (293x333, 141K)

It's a longer fight on the Supercut, (and the only part of the Supercut I'd recommend watching, ugh). It was always going to be blatantly CGI, as it is two clearly CGI monstermen fighting.
Neither character is going to every cause suspension of disbelief.

Tony being incompetent with firearms really felt good. For being such a pompous ass, he's not good at everything. Shit, he's even bad at fighting without his tech. Even those improv Christmas globe grenades in 3 were used instead of physical conflict.

I don't know if there will ever be a superhero standalone film that tops Winter Soldier.

huh

Not him, but desu I don't even think the Suicide Squad is going to be quite as rebooty as people think, at the very least Margot Robbie and Will Smith will be back in their roles, probably Viola Davis too. The nature of the property does mean they can do a soft reboot that makes complete sense in the context of the universe, though.

Btw, is Gunn even still on Suicide Squad? I thought he was back with Marvel now.

>and Will Smith will be back in their roles,
user I...

Attached: Archer Maggott.jpg (533x300, 35K)

Yes but the fight against the quinjet directly following is also excellent

There's no action in WS that is less than great.
The elevator scene is a standout because it has great choreography and doesn't involve any 'splosions or blatant CGI.

Yeah just looked it up I'm a fucking idiot, I was basically completely wrong besides Margot Robie and Viola Davis. Seems silly to do a full reboot though when the property lends itself to soft reboots really fucking well.

Batman v Superman warehouse fight
sup

Not every action scene in WS is good. There are some that are completely ruined by rapid cuts and weird camera angle. It's also saddening because we know that the actors did those choreographs for days and could pretty much repeat them by heart. So all that effort is ruined by camera work and editing.

I don't know, maybe. All I'm saying is that at least they're now trying to do different stuff. I hope it doesn't end up that way. All I know is that both Shazam and Joker have me somewhat excited for superhero related films, which is something that hasn't happened in many years.
And what does calling comics and movies mediocre have to do with Yea Forums? I don't even post there.

Gunn is still supposed to write and direct Suicide Squad before going back to Marvel. I doubt Margot Robbie's gonna be on it since she'll be on the Birds of Prey movie and Will Smith has been replaced by Idris Elba. I just hope they do keep Viola Davis because she's a great actress.

>It's been over a decade since Iron Man 1 kickstarted the era of action capeshit movies
>the Raimi trilogy, the Xmen movies, and the Nolan trilogy didn't do anything for the "era of action capeshit"

wew.

Attached: 1479920187082.png (325x244, 75K)

Robbie is in it.
Dave Autista is also in it.
And yes, we know you are excited for Shazam and Joker, its apparent you are a DC fanboy. It hasn't been "years" since the Snyderverse or Aquachad, and you were plenty excited for that.

This is Yea Forums, you don't have to pretend to be impartial. I'm a Marvel fanboy, and I enjoyed TDK, Aquaman and even WW to an extent.

You forgot Tank Girl.

Attached: all that money gone.png (571x474, 191K)

We've reached the point where we are looking at 9-10 cape movies a year.
In 2018, only Jurassic World stopped comic book movies from being the top #1-3 films of the year. This year, Star Wars may prevent it. MAYBE.

I enjoyed Aquaman and Wonder Woman but wasn't excited about them, and I hated everything Zack Snyder did and I don't think I'm gonna be watching Birds Of Prey because everything I've seen and read about it so far looks fucking awful. I'm sorry that you can't think outside of your company wars faggotry, but there's lots of us out there who don't give a shit about who's taking our money, but about getting something good in return.

You talking about Superman Last Son of Krypton, it rocked man

Tank girl is from 95, man.

>I hated everything Zack Snyder did
Is that what you are selling post-Snyder?
>I'm sorry that you can't think outside of your company wars faggotry
Says the guy who handwaves away the entire MCU as "mediocrity".
Maybe you should take the dick out of your mouth before you start calling people faggots.

Attached: Flashface.jpg (617x605, 25K)

Star Wars won't prevent it, I'll tell you that now.

>turning a black hole into butterflies
>sending a blast from the power stone into the Mirror Dimension
>Spider-Man and Star Lord bouncing through portals in between blows
>Mantis dropping through the portal for the KO
>Stark pushing the asteroid onto Thanos's fucking head
>dropping a MOON onto the Avengers

Titan fight criminally underrated.

Attached: 1512768461933.jpg (350x144, 8K)

This

It'll be a Brave New World when a core Star Wars movie doesn't bust a billion, or outgross Far From Home.
If you believed the internet blowhards, Captain Marvel was going to fall apart too.

>A fight's not a fight if the characters aren't getting hurt

Yeah buddy we get it, you took Creative Writing 101.

The three parts I like the most are him acting fast and cutting the ropes, the shield landing and the the scene with the guy sweating cold. The tension here was great because the moment he got in you just knew shit was about to happen.

Hey, Solo bombed. Before it bombed we were assured that no Star Wars movie could lose money. We're in a brave new world where that can happen and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of fans stay home from IX. We don't even have a teaser yet and it's 8 months till opening night.

Based. Was just gonna post that

What I said is that the shared universe idea favors mediocrity. It's true for both DC and Marvel in comics, but in movies is only true for Marvel because they're the ones that have an extended universe, and that's why I'm kinda glad DC's failed.
I don't like and never liked Snyder films. At the moment, I probably own more Marvel comics than DC's, and my two favorite characters of the big two are Batman and Daredevil, and I have about the same amount of comics from both. Most of my collection is non-superhero stuff, both in movies (I actually don't own any superhero films in physical media, either DC or Marvel. The only superhero related dvd's I have are a box set of Batman TAS) as in comics and like I said, I do not give a shit about company wars but you obviously can't think outside that box so you try to drag everyone else to your level.

"It felt personal" is such a good line, understated as it is.
The "Until the end of the line" line at the very end is also great. This movie just builds up Cap to Tony Stark levels of audience appeal.

based Genndy

Not me, it's where I got my punk girl fetish as a kid

It's not about getting hurt. Slapstick movies have a lot of physicality to them and nobody's getting hurt.

You just hold onto that thought, if it keeps you warm.
And Disney hasn't been doing super-advanced marketing for a lot their films.

The fight choreography in Winter Soldier is just fucking astounding.

That doesn't mean you fucking discount our genre's history are you dense? You don't look at the top of an oak tree and deny it was ever a sapling or bush. Saying the modern age of superhoes started in 2008 is fucking nonsensical and factually incorrect. Iron Man wasn't even the biggest nor the most influential movie *that year*.

Attached: 1468217672205.jpg (381x424, 203K)

>What I said is that the shared universe idea favors mediocrity.
False premise. It has no impact on the quality of individual movies. Nor are the MCU films common to each other in quality, exectution, or really even genre.
>I'm glad the DCEU failed
This is laughable levels of Sour Grapes here. Just give it up and try a different concern troll, please.

It's not about whether you liked the ending fight or not, it's an example for what a meaningless metric "I could see what was going on" is in a fight for whether it was good. Plenty of fights are perfectly coherent. BvS's warehouse sequence was nothing special.

The new era as a whole has been critically panned by audiences and critics alike, and the hype machine has suffered as a result: see Solo. The odds of Endgame losing to Star Wars this year are very slim to outright nonexistant.

Attached: 1468166549602s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

captain america is fucking lame hes just a buff guy with a hard frisbee why do people like this boring ass character

The lines in that scene were good because the timing was good. When he breaks the silence right before the fight, it's not just for comedy, it's also him taking away the element of surprise from them. The fight itself doesn't get interrupted by quips or chatting, which makes his struggle more palpable.

Ok, you want the Prime difference between the MCU era and everything before it?

The expectation of Superhero movies, (and movies in general) before the MCU is that sequels would perform slightly less than the preceding films, especially if they came out rapidly and weren't functionally reboots.

In the whole of the MCU, only Age of Ultron failed to make more as a sequel. And it cost Whedon his job.
Every single DC movie (not DCEU) sequel has performed less than the movie it was a sequel to, EXCEPT TDK. Sony's Spider-Man, diminishing returns. X-Men rely on inflation to make a decent showing.

It'll be #1 Endgame, #2 Star Wars, #3 Captain Marvel or Homecoming, #4 the other one.

Attached: 1548570338516.jpg (500x500, 18K)

>The new era as a whole has been critically panned by audiences and critics alike
Not really. They've done 4 movies so far, 3 of which were successful with critics and made bank, and of those 3 only one proved to be super divisive (while I know there's a range of opinions on TFA, it doesn't hold a candle to the divide between opinions on Last Jedi). IX is going to do fine because it's Star Wars and chances are that people who hated TLJ are still going to see it at least once out of sheer curiosity, but you're right in that Endgame is most definitely going to walk away the winner, barring some unforeseen catastrophe like it actually being a genuinely bad film.

I love every scene where Ant-Man is involved.

Attached: AntManSuit3.png (480x1000, 692K)

>Furthermore, you can try to convince them that by consolidating discussion of all live action movies and TV shows to Yea Forums, their jobs will be made much easier since their attention to shitposting in those threads will be more focused if they're on one board instead of two.
Yea mods lives will be so easy without capeshit, there arent threads about “claiming” cartoon girlfriends, stealth pedo threads about animated childrens feet, or “what did they mean by this” bait from some random on twitter.
Yessir its clear skies without some of the only topics I see discussed on Yea Forums anymore.
I tried to talk about voltron in a voltron thread once, did not go well, perhaps try your autism there?

Nightcrawler fucks up the the whitehouse

I think the hype for endgame is too high for it to fail. If even CM made as much as it did there's no way Endgame won't make billions. IX is going to do well because as you said even TLJ haters will want to see the end, either out of curiosity or at least to see where the hell they'll take the story.
In a way TLJ is safe, it's after it that things become tricky because unless IX is fantastic and changes everyone's mind (doubtful) then I feel like most people will sign off the franchise afterwards. They'll still make money but the hype will be much, much lesser.

Critics and audiences mostly agree that Rogue One or TFA are the best of the four new Star War movies, and neither of those two hold in quality to the better MCU movies. The new star wars movies are selling off of brand name and nostalgia, and that bridge was burned when The Last Jedi pissed off every OT fan and their son.

RO was pretty bland, I don't get what people see in it. I'm fairly sure without the Vader scene it woudn't have gathered as much praise.

What? There were still superhero movies yearly before then. Spider-Man, X-Men, and Batman were some of the biggest franchises of all time.

True enough, but all three Star Wars films before Solo had very early teaser trailers. Solo din't because Disney had no faith in it but if they aren't trying to hype up IX, something is off. Though they could just be waiting until after Endgame, who knows.
Sounds alright, I'd wager it would be Endgame, Star Wars, Far From Home, then Captain Marvel though.

>It has no impact on the quality of individual movies
Yes, it does, when movies are not allowed to have high stakes or a proper conclusion in order to serve to the overall narrative. Or they're used as fluff to connect a character for a teamup movie. Every solo Marvel movie after Age of Ultron has been irrelevant filler for the next Avengers film, except for Black Panther.
>Sour Grapes
If I had any sour grapes it would be towards WB's decision to make Snyder their "architect". I'm glad the DCEU failed because I don't care for shared universes, and even less so if they were going to follow his stupid ideas and boring aesthethics.
>troll
I'm giving my personal opinion on the subject, and trying to make it in an articulate way. Do you know what a troll is?

>shaky cam
You are retarded and don't know what that means, but this is Yea Forums the board that thought cinematography was a Yea Forums meme

I'm not saying it was great, I'm saying it was good and better than your average superhero fight, including the rest in that same movie.
As I said originally, it's funny that these are action films and the action is usually the worst thing about them.

>The new era as a whole has been critically panned by audiences and critics alike
You need to get out of Yea Forums every once in a while.

>but the hype will be much, much lesser
Until we get that Obi-Wan film.
I agree with Rogue One being the best of the new movies, though being honest I'm a huge OT fan and I thought TLJ was great. I recognize that I'm very much in the minority though.
It's a war movie about a suicide mission that also involves planet exploding space stations and a funny robot, what's not to love?
Similarly to Endgame, I think Disney is relying on the idea that IX is going to sell itself, so they can do a minimum of actual marketing. We didn't even know Endgame's title until December, five months before the film came out, and now it's broken just about every record it could for presales and first day sales. IX will be similar, though I doubt it'll have the same exact impact. More people are going to be ready to wait a day or two.

Problem with the Obi-wan film is it seems fairly pointless. We see most of what matters about his story in the movies already. It's either him before phantom menace or him during his exile and neither sound that exciting. The Bobba movie sounds even worse.

>criminally underrated
It was good, but underrated isn't a word I'd use to describe it.

I think that user is taking into account Disney shills, anytime a shill gives a Disney movie a 75 or below it means they fuckin hated it.

That's honestly the problem with a lot of the possible stories they could do. We already know how most of these stories end. Which is part of why I loved Rogue One so much, it managed to take a story with a known ending and make it compelling and dramatic. I think there's enough there to tell an interesting story, but I think a lot of the most interesting stuff (like his run-ins with Maul through the Clone Wars and their final duel) is technically already covered, unless they feel like adapting it for a film.

>IX is going to sell itself
That might be true. I could reason Disney holding off Endgame's title for a while to build suspense and discussion while also holding off IX's marketing for damage control purposes. But I also get that sounds hypocritical.

Mah nigga!
A whole minute, no shit tier Marvel movie music. Just robots attacking 2 dudes into power suits.
The bit where Rhodie saws through a Hammerbot with his machine gun and gets oil (robot viscera) all over his helmet.

Fuck it. youtube.com/watch?v=Nx2mhPEr7kA

I've always felt that superhero movies have incredibly weak fight scenes despite them being one of the biggest things going on in them. They are always shot in the same "too close too chaotic" way with the same obnoxious life-draining cold colour temperature where you can't really tell what's going on, just that the good guy is winning, with a larger focus on stupid standing hand-to-hand combat until someone falls over in the same watered-down karate movie sense that kind of started with The Matrix, and ends with faceless goons being harmlessly knocked out or thrown away. There's just so little creativity on display, we have people with wide arrays of superpowers, is it too much to ask to see them get used creatively? How about having some fun set pieces for the heroes to fight in that can change the dynamic of a fight? A lot of modern movie fight scenes just lack any sense of impact with how tame everything has to be to earn a PG-13 rating, we are meant to be watching superheroes punch each other at full strength, yet it rarely feels like it. I'm not saying I want to see people get pounded into bloody piles of gore, but it would certainly help to have at least something that just shows the audience how much something would hurt.

The only superhero movie I can think of that I felt actually had good fight scenes was Aquaman, and I went into that movie ready to dump all over it. We get plenty of creative and varied locations for fight scenes to take place it, the fights are well shot to where we can tell who is where and who is "winning" the fight at any point, and it definitely felt like Aquaman was super strong given his feats of strength used in plenty of the fight scenes. It gave way to a little too many "CGI battle" scenes at the end designed to wow the Chinese audience, but it's something I'm willing to forgive the movie for.

Attached: 4684.jpg (978x768, 127K)

Pointless, probably. That said, how Ben spent his time on Tatooine while Luke was a kid could make for an interesting movie. I kinda want a Road to Mos Eisley movie with Ben and Owen.

Still the best Marvel movie 20 years on, honestly.

Attached: 1_Q6flElAVgWBAJCPEHY4iWg.jpg (1001x1001, 179K)

I watched X2 with my dad in theaters. I remember both of our jaws dropped the second Motzart's requiem kicked in.

>Spider-Man (2002
Peter vs Goblin fight. The choreography is basic. The lack of background music is haunting. You can feel every single blow Norman throws Pete's way. Pete's costume becomes progressively more broken and bloodied as the fight continues. It's painful to watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=SjKXTiv4tp8

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1280x720, 31K)

>Guy just punching him in the back of the head a few times to look busy

I love the attack on the mansion in X2. My friends and I were so excited seeing this in theaters. Yes I'm old.

Attached: DhH9OgGXcAAWFMh.jpg (960x1200, 373K)

It's pre-IM1 but I'm posting it anyway
youtube.com/watch?v=z00fTwhmYX0

Attached: spiderman.jpg (425x355, 44K)

The fist and knife fight between Cap and Bucky.

Airplane free fall in Iron Man 3. Just a wonderful hero moment for Tony Stark. Great editing and SFX, and way more exciting than watching people punch each other in the face for 10 minutes.

I love the attack on the White House. What a way to start a film.

There do need to be more heroic moments that don't involve beating the shit out of someone, they feel like they're getting rarer and rarer

My vote has to go to Yondu's Arrow scene in Guardians of the Galaxy. Amazing music, the fact that it's him taking revenge against the guys that killed his crew mates (on par with the Puinisher's level of kino), the zoom out shot of him decimating everyone on the ship, and they basically reinvented what was kind of a lame power (whistling to control an arrow) into something that makes the whole scene work.

youtube.com/watch?v=RXbFP2V_zSA

Attached: Yondu_Profile.jpg (679x1000, 465K)

for me it's either one of these; youtu.be/LA0hG5Bo5x4
youtu.be/oT6tjYYa3GU

I'm kinda fine with pointless really. If we get a good self contained story about Ben and a good adventure in the star wars universe I'll be happy. It doesn't need to have some huge significance or play into the overall story in some major way. So far I've enjoyed the side stories, RO and Solo, much more than than the mainline titles.

stop trying so hard to make up for IM3's shit reputation. It's a shit film. Accept it.

1. Batman Warehouse Scene.
2. Superman Smallville Scene.
3. Captain America Elevator Scene.
4. DoFP Quicksilver Scene.
5. Logan Forest Scene.

Zod vs Superman nailed the superpower battles, killing zod was retarded though
youtube.com/watch?v=HnAw3E_mLh8

Attached: zod.jpg (640x266, 26K)

Sorry but his power is still lame, he is gay and that scene is complete shit. It's pretty much the live action version of a quip except extended and coupled with "le music doesn't match the action maymay" that GotG likes so much. If I wanted to see this I'd just watch the expendables.

Thanos' reaction to the butterflies is simply majestic

That was such a Raimi fight scene.

Agreed, the part where he calls out the wooden doors as the music rises is amazing.

>Movie quality
But the movie is great, I watched it for the third time with a couple friends this sunday and it was a great experience.

Attached: That's bait.gif (400x254, 1.43M)

Sorry for your shit taste, buddy

Man of steel Zod Fight is incredible

>thing I like: good
>thing I don't like: bad
hello there redditor

That's the most basic way people define good and bad, you were even doing it when you said the movie is great.

>killing zod was retarded
why, superman had to do something or zod would keep on killing people, man up and accept the fact that superheros kill other people from time to time

not him, but it was a retarded situation to force the kill, as supes could have just slammed zods head into the fucking ground instead of letting him just aim at the civilians
if they were gonna do it, it should have been in a more calm-ish manner, superman looking around at the destruction the fight has caused, and making the decision to kill him. no ultimatum, no civilians being *directly* threatened, maybe keep the neck snap

mos just did a shitty job executing a superman that will kill

>see that?
>yeah yeah nice

Just like two guys playing Gears of War, focused non-expression and all

>Watchmen - Comedian Death
Say what you will about this film, the Comedian's death and the followup intro were pure kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=5_pBVXfReA4
youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Like I said earlier this thread, this would've been so much better for me if this had been like another minute longer and if War Machine had actually done something really cool, especially against Whiplash.

I'm conflicted on this. On the one hand, it's so dudebro. On the other hand, it works pretty well.

The worst part about deciding the best fight in the MCU is that every year there's a decent chance that some new fight takes over the list. I wish we were like DC and we could all agree that we peaked during the Landing Scene in WW.