Hex Wives cancelled

>Hex Wives cancelled
>Second Coming turned into a pillar of salt
>Border Town turned to dust when its author was revealed to be a monster
>I can't find Safe Sex anywhere, it's like it doesn't exist past June 2018

So I take it this is pretty normal for Vertigo, right?

Attached: DCVertigoLogo[1].jpg (700x292, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/reinoe/status/1094070394921734144?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty much. I enjoyed border town.

Honestly I cannot see why anyone would bring their idea to Vertigo anymore, it might as well just go back to being an imprint exclusively for more mature takes on the DC universe. Sure fucking Doom Patrol is getting folded back into it now.

Also - hilarious how one of the few relaunch titles seemingly unaffected is the fucking Zoe Quinn book everyone lost their shit over when it was announced.

>Ben Blacker
>Literally Who
>Tina Horn

This was a vanity title with a lot of comics outsiders getting their toes in the game. It feels like more of a PR stunt than anything else

The absolute state of Vertigo, I'm so pissed that they tanked this imprint so hard

Good. It was an insult to old Vertigo fans.

They should just go back to mature DC properties, but they won't.

The same reason why creators take their work to Boom, avatar or some other publisher. It offers a different deal than Image, but they surely won't be attracting the next Lemire, Snyder, Kindt or King, who were the last generation. WB won't let Vertigo close down since it's another of their IP farms.

why do liberals want to destroy comics so much and only can come up with stories that are "white men bad, women and minorities good"?

Because they want Hollywood to buy the rights

Chris Conroy is leving the Batman office to take over the Vertigo and Black Labels after Khouri fucked them up
but they are literately both just two gay dudes in Hollywood who suck

Quinn's book has such shitty art holy shit.
It tries way too hard to be Jim Mahfood

>listen to The Writer's Panel podcast
>Ben Blacker keeps inviting actual witches and anyone with a passing knowledge of Wicca on his podcast
>keeps hosting panels of writers to talk about witchcraft in television
>pimps out his comic on a weekly basis

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already pitched a show idea to networks based on his comic. I'm just shocked that he only got 6 issues out of it.

Attached: 51sNIpTRFPL[1].jpg (333x500, 48K)

Conroy ran a pretty tight house in the Bat office though, I'd wager he'll whip Vertigo back into shape. Though I can't imagine he can do much about the bullshit coming from higher up that's fucking with everything

>one of the few relaunch titles seemingly unaffected is the fucking Zoe Quinn book
The artist publicly tweeted a picture of his asshole to Ethan Van Sciver.
That is pretty funny considering Zoe Quinn made her name off of complaining about harassment on the internet.

All those books sucked anyways.

>I'm just shocked that he only got 6 issues out of it.
Issue 5 in Feb only sold 6,740. That's "DC is spending more producing it" levels of bad sales.
It's been like this since around 2010

They were also gonna give that guy Ric Grayson before he was exposed.

Because the other publishers aren't doing to well themselves. If Viz Originals ends up not being Tokyopop-esque failure, that would be a testament to how fucked the industry as a whole is.

What about that cat monster menstruation book? Is it still ongoing?

>Issue 5 in Feb only sold 6,740. That's "DC is spending more producing it" levels of bad sales.

No, it'd be "DC is spending more producing it" if it were a mainstream title. For a Vertigo title it's "so-so". Supposedly the page rate for a Vertigo title is far lower than a Batman title, probably because some Vertigo titles like Hex Wives are creator-owned.

That's not from Vertigo.

Sometimes writers make the mistake of signing an exclusivity deal that includes creator-owned work as well. Hence why Seeley and Williamson bothered with them.

They should have promoted Mahan Her books haven't all imploded yet

if it fails as a comic what chances does the story have as a tv or movies show?
I mean those are much more expensive to make then comics.

why do lefties still pretend like white male privilege is a thing considering that you women and minorities literally keep getting one mayor position after another simply for making racist and sexist rants about white men on twitter

>if it fails as a comic what chances does the story have as a tv or movies show?

Are you dense? The possibility is that someone takes a bad story and turns it into a good movie or TV show. Sometimes that does happen.

why even bother paying for the rights then if aren´t gonna reuse the story?
I mean most comic premises are not precise enough to justify copy right battles

>why even bother paying for the rights then if aren´t gonna reuse the story?

Do you really think this is a new thing and only limited to comics?

>if it fails as a comic what chances does the story have as a tv or movies show?
Have you seen the MCU?

No Karen Berger = no Vertigo.

>>Hex Wives cancelled

Wait. Really?

>I enjoyed border town.

Rapist.

Have you ever actually read the book that Who Framed Roger Rabbit is based on?

Why would I read a book about a cartoon? That's a poor use of the novel medium.

twitter.com/reinoe/status/1094070394921734144?lang=en

And your answer has nothing to do with

that shit is an epitome of todays white liberals who have no clue what to do yet wanna make something "cool" that makes them look like "artists", are too egomaniacal pretentious and white to make straight up manga despite their childhoods filled with japanese contents, and end up making shitty manga/anime influenced garbage sjw comics

I remember those threads, people kept saying "its just 1 girl and its his ex!" but then one by one more teenage girls came forward and said he tried to fuck them at a con.

Eventually his peers turned on him and admitted there had been talk of his terrible behavior for months but stayed silent.

Attached: Border town comic creator.png (1710x1124, 499K)

High Level is pretty good, but 1 book out of the whole relaunch is a terrible success rate