Anyone found it jarring how he went from the Avengers big bad...

Anyone found it jarring how he went from the Avengers big bad, irredeemable threat to Thors ally and brother who he still loves and is treated as a victim? He even got an "Avenge the fallen" psoter

Attached: crazy loki.gif (500x200, 970K)

They retconned him going through the portal at the end of Thor as giving him temporary insanity to cover Joss Whedon's bullshit

He's only an irredeemable villain to the perspective of Asgardians. Terrible, horrible crimes committed against mortals aren't super relevant to them as a society. Remember the line from Thor 2: even Odin basically thinks of mortals as little more than animals, comparing Jane Foster to a goat.

Imagine you just told your son he was adopted, and that his real parents had been... fuck, I dunno, Nazis or something. He goes a bit mental and acts out a bit, and eventually falls off a pier and doesn't come back up. You think he's dead, but you eventually find him on an island someplace and he's trying to establish his rule over a population of island goats. He kills some of the goats in the process.

You'd be worried about him, for sure, you might even lock him up until he gets better, but you don't really care about the goats. It's not like he killed any PEOPLE.

That...that's not bad, actually.

So then really Odin's rage comes from how Loki was dicking around with the Tesseract, not knowing what kind of fate he was inviting on the rest of the universe.

>Anyone found it jarring how he went from the Avengers big bad, irredeemable threat to Thors ally and brother who he still loves and is treated as a victim?
Totally legit interpretation based on the eddas though. Loki commits horrible crimes and puts Asgard and other Aesir in terrible danger on a regular basis, but manages to make things right and wriggle out of trouble.

Eventually he goes too far, sure, but only when he murders another Aesir. I don't think MCU Loki has killed another Asgardian, so he has yet to cross that particular line.

It probably has to do with the fact that he's the most charismatic actor in both Thor's and Avenger's franchises

otherwise Feige would've probably killed his character long ago

Imagine Odin's dilemma. You catch your one son killing goats and trying to rule them, while your other son is fucking a goat and names himself the protector of Goat Island.

And really, what's worse? Goats are supposed to be owned and killed by people, that's their place in the world. But fucking goats is generally frowned upon.

Well sure. Whatever the cannonocity of Odin's faux-gauntlet is supposed to be, we have to assume he has some concept of the potential of the united stones, and probably doesn't approve of Loki helping Thanos catch 'em all.

I just thought the Mind Stone in the scepter made him more power hungry than usual since it was shown affecting everyone.

Yeah, it shows they changed him because of fan popularity, so his bullshit in Avengers 1 just gets ignored. The Avengers should never trust him or work with him in this setting.

We're getting Avengers 1 time travel in Endgame so will they portray him as his A1 self or Ragnarok/IW self

Attached: Avengers-4-Set-Photos.jpg (1200x630, 540K)

t.Achmed

Even if that's true, nothing he did in Avengers 1 is as bad as exterminating the Jotuns in Thor 1. He blew their planet up, genocide on an unforgivable scale. A fairly conventional invasion is pretty low on his list of crimes.

He's handsome, so obviously he's not that evil. Good looking people can't be bad.

He killed more than a 100 people according to Widow. If Loki did that in our world and Thor brought him back casually in Ragnarok wearing a black suit, Thor would be in trouble

The Avengers will meet past-Loki on the Battle of NY setting, and then find out that this was all part of his plan all along, playing with the tesseract to bring Thanos to earth to fight the Avengers, because he knew they were the only ones who can defeat him

Honestly after rewatching all the Thor movies I think Loki is pretty reasonable from the perspective of what was expected of him and how it played out.

Thor was going to be king of Asgard and was both stupid and a warmonger. Holding that off with an attack that would never have worked was pretty reasonable. Then he finds out his entire life is a lie and goes kind of crazy because he gets a once in a lifetime opportunity and kind of takes it.

You also have to take into account Hel and how Odin acted vs how he claimed to act. Odin himself was a stupid, boorish warmonger who reframed his wars as protecting people and cast himself as a wise king. Presuming Loki had some idea of this it's a bit hypocritical of them to lock him in a cell for doing exactly what Odin did with the same tools.

Yeah Odin wouldn't have touched that situation with a 12 foot pole if Loki also hadn't been playing with a nuke (infinity stone) the goats had lying around.

Attached: 9697df7c3e4ca6c9cedfd704e66f9c95.jpg (500x667, 35K)

It is a thing women will never understand. My best friend was a rival at first, we hated each other's guts then he pissed me the fuck off one day I pulled a knife on him to stab his fucking ass during a basketball game. He complemented my taste in knives and there began a brotherhood that has lasted 20+ years.

I think of it sorta as an Addams family like relationship. They try to kill each other and make each other miserable all the time, but love each other. They're essentially unkillable, how else are they supposed to amuse themselves?

He was set up for a redemption since the first Thor moive

>after rewatching all the Thor movies
Why would you do that, user?

fuck you Thor 1 was the best out of them

>The other Aesir make Vali kill Hodr even though it was completely Loki's bullshit and Frigg's lack of thoroughness that caused Baldr's death

Surtr does literally nothing wrong burning that shithole Asgard to the ground

You mean a basic character arc?

>irredeemable
the MCU, and specifically Ragnarok, disagrees with you
we can understand where he's coming from, and why he might be considered sympathetic

I thought it was the staff subtly manipulating him
bringing out the worst of him, like it did with the Avengers

Attached: “You will... never be... a god”.webm (960x540, 2.53M)

Most brutal death in the mcu

Odin is furious at what Loki did to Earth because as All-Father it's his and by extension the Asgardian's job to protect the lesser realms and look out for the mortals.

That doesn't mean he thinks humans are all that great, as he says they're comparable to animals under his watch, but that doesn't mean his son can go and slaughter a bunch of them without reprisal, because they're still people he's responsible for.

If you're someone that likes Loki as a character, watching the first Thor movie is insufferable.

Literally almost every time Loki is on screen he is told to shut up and let others take care of things.
Imagine being a super driven and intelligent person that just wants someone to listen to them and you get shot down EVERY time you try to speak.

And it doesn't help when your brother is obviously the favorite that is loved by everyone.

That is part of the reason why Thor 1 was Loki's best film.

Attached: tell-me.gif (489x300, 3.84M)

It really does make me feel for Loki...

How different of a person do you think he would have been if he was given an equal chance to rule like Thor?

Ragnarok Loki was good, the movie as a whole as pretty good honestly.

He's a scoundrel with serious issues but he isn't all bad. We've had a lot of time in the MCU to get an understanding of who Loki is, why he's that way, and how he could be better. So he's completed his arc from nefarious evil villain to that one fuck-up family member we all have that keeps making shitty decisions but he's still family, and we want to try to see some good in him. And to be fair to Loki he's been making that easier and easier lately. So yes, still a little dipshit, but he's OUR little dipshit.

This, somebody that strong having the control to crush somebodies throat so slowly was unsettling, he just really gradually closed his fingers until you finally hear the wet crunch of his windpipe give

In other words it's more like the Asgardian's Burden?

No, that concept comes along with the theoretical need to uplift X group and make them act like themselves

Asgard does nothing more than protect from certain external threats

I'm gonna miss him :(