Joker Teaser

Joker Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

Attached: hxda08dkevp21.jpg (750x853, 38K)

Looks like shit

Edgy joker is so lame. Can't we just have a wacky supervillain?

Holy shit DC really needs to stop making movies

>now realize they put it out now so they can stick it in front of Shazam
How the FUCK can one company be so fucking incompetent?

Looks bad wtf

>when you're the only one who thinks this looks alright

Attached: pout.png (792x540, 398K)

t. MCUck

Seriously. At least consider it

Attached: 1496065091971.jpg (314x302, 19K)

The majority of people are praising it

FUUUCK! This is so awesome! RIP marvel! It's a DC time!

Nah, this looks actually entertaining, drink bleach mouse cuck

Attached: E1B9BED8-762A-42D9-85C3-AD53A0962FB8.jpg (320x320, 28K)

That actually looks interesting, especially from a character and photography point of view

Flawless acting

Eat shit marveltards! This is going to be the best movie of the year. I already predict TDK-lvl hype.

Hmmm... nope. Still can't tell why this exists.

Nah, most people think it looks good. It's mostly just strange mcu fanboys shitposting for some reason.
No idea why, it's not like this movie is some threat to mcu movies.

It exists because DC knows they can't compete on Marvel's level so they're doing whatever they can so they can stay in business for a couple more months

You're not alone, user. I think it looks pretty kino. Definitely better than I had expected.

It's just consolewar fags doing what they do, trying to stir shit up.

It looks kino

I'm sure more people will come around once it takes shape and they can tell what the narrative is

>psychological thriller joker
my god

This looks fantastic. Great shots and lighting. Reminds me of taxi driver a little bit.

Joaquin will carry a shitty script, it'll be a decent movie overall and will net Joaquin an oscar nom.

>31k likes vs. 426 dislikes
Everybody except for a handful of Yea Forumsntrarians thinks it looks good.

It's a little late for an April Fools parody.

Once again I have to see Joker trending and learn it's not for Smash

News is imminent after Best buy leaked so many things that would be in a nintendo direct

The only people who hated this are Yea Forums contrarians

Looks shit, one step forwards with Shazam two steps back with this shit

Sad thing is this is the new normal

Shazam was the last movie made with Johns in charge this and Birds of Prey are the new Hamada DC with a brief look back at Johns' era with Wonder Woman 2

I think it looks alright. I honestly like different ideas with Joker. Even batshit hulk monster Joker from The Batman.

Attached: joker1_qk7c.jpg (600x374, 34K)

So who's that guy, I wonder. I'm thinking Zsasz, but just because he's shirtless. I don't have much to go on.

Attached: untitled.png (1366x768, 1.86M)

Literally everyone thinks this looks great, is just ladderfag spamming the threads here like the virgin he is.

Attached: 42.png (175x61, 1K)

Probably just a random crazy inmate

Not everyone has to be someone

I smiled

Why's he called ladderfag?

When will this big guy’s stand alone movie comes out?

Attached: 71A2B05E-C531-4562-8A9E-A8E0702091E0.jpg (470x706, 50K)

Not true user. I find this trailer pretty cool. Hope the movie isn't a piece of shit.

It looks pretty good. I still don't trust Todd Phillips to make real kino but I'm confident in the cinematography and the strength of Phoenix as an actor to carry the movie, regardless of the script

Rise up

Anyone else thinks the kid @ 1:47 is lil Bruce?

Wtf this looks decent? And Joaquin Phoenix? Defo An Oscar Coming.

Legend has it that he was a /shelf/fag who has so much collection he needs a ladder to find stuff
But of course that's a misnomer at this point like Tommy

Joaquin Phoenix is kino personified, but Todd Phillips is butt personified, so it's a toss up.

You know, that's actually not a bad idea.

>Vengeance of Bane
>2023

Finally is kino back on the menu. This movie, together with the new Godzilla, will save the cinematography

>Bane movie
>he was separated from his parents while practically an infant as they tried to cross the border
>grew up locked inside of an ICE holding facility where he gets experimented on and tortured for Venom experiments
>story depicts him as an anti-hero that's been radicalized by American xenophobia and hypocrisy as he eventually finds success as a major arms dealer and paramilitary force
That's what you'd get so I hope you like it

I don't get it, are we pretending to not like The Hangover now?

Attached: 1552335365907.png (480x800, 309K)

Basically a modern version of Scarface, but with Bane. You can even have a cameo by Pacino.

I feel your pain user. I Think it looks good too

Attached: anime-comfort-hug-gif-6.gif (500x281, 383K)

It is not the kind of movies that this generation of idiots with empty heads can understand and appreciate to see, but because of what little I saw the performance of Jhoaquin Phoenix is superb, absolutely 5 stars and the artistic and technical handling of the film demonstrates the quality that this generation has forgotten in exchange for explosions and bright colors.

In conclusion, I like what I see

Kill yourself

Couldnt say it better, maybe I will visit the cinema this year twice after all

The Joker love you too, boy

He is. Somebody in the other trailer talkback thread confirmed the actor.

I wouldn't be surprised if that whole sequence is Joaquer trying to cheer up Lil' Wayne.

No they didn't don't fucking lie, literally anyone can edit IMDb.

Holy shit had not even noticed me! I thought it was just any child!

That's what I like about this trailer, to remind us that a movie can be both intelligent and interesting, not by what we see but by what makes us think

It looks like 70's Scorsese ft. Joker minus Batman.
Everything about that concept sounds terrible.
But I think it looks good as well. It definitely looks much better than I thought it would when I first heard the concept. Enough so that I might actually watch it.

>literally anyone can edit IMDb
No they can't. It's not Wikipedia.

I hope that this movie does well; it could push WB/DC to look into making more untraditional comic book movies.

If there's one thing I've always wanted to see attempted, it's a superhero road movie.

>it could push WB/DC to look into making more untraditional comic book movies.
Anything that pushes them away from another Batman movie. Honestly, I think I actually like the idea of Gotham being shit, it being what pushes Joker over the edge, and there not being a Batman to come and save the day.
Isn't there a spoiler that the Waynes get killed in the movie?

so he became the joker only because Veronica doesn't like gamers? thats a weird approach

test

This is the most pretentious trailer I've ever seen. Incels are gonna eat this shit up.

Yea Forums is spamming Joker threads like crazy right now with racist alt-right posting in every thread.

All it takes is one bad day

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 00.2 - Front Cover.jpg (900x1370, 347K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 00.3 - Front Cover Inside.jpg (900x1433, 208K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 01.jpg (900x1427, 354K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 02.jpg (900x1405, 447K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 03.jpg (900x1403, 386K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 04.jpg (900x1399, 265K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 05.jpg (900x1404, 369K)

>what if taxi driver but with joker
Wow much groundbreaking so acclaim very kino

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 06.jpg (900x1390, 396K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 07.jpg (900x1408, 442K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 08.jpg (900x1396, 430K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 09.jpg (900x1408, 438K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 10.jpg (900x1396, 402K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 11.jpg (900x1413, 510K)

Meh.

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 12.jpg (900x1391, 418K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 13.jpg (900x1416, 516K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 14.jpg (900x1389, 551K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 15.jpg (900x1410, 460K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 16.jpg (900x1401, 524K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 17.jpg (900x1415, 562K)

That sounds alright.

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 18.jpg (900x1409, 414K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 19.jpg (900x1414, 412K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 20.jpg (900x1418, 487K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 21.jpg (900x1428, 576K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 22.jpg (900x1400, 521K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 23.jpg (900x1430, 535K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 24.jpg (900x1430, 408K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 25.jpg (900x1415, 574K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 26.jpg (900x1405, 521K)

This comic is boring, this is why I never read old ones. Just talking and talking, nothing happens.

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 27.jpg (900x1415, 447K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 28.jpg (900x1397, 357K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 29.jpg (900x1408, 499K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 30.jpg (900x1398, 431K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 31.jpg (900x1415, 525K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 32.jpg (900x1408, 392K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 33.jpg (900x1400, 376K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 34.jpg (900x1393, 438K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 35.jpg (900x1406, 395K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 36.jpg (900x1400, 437K)

Can someone post Detective Comics 168 aka Joker's "original origin" next?

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 37.jpg (900x1420, 450K)

>Detective Comics 168
Yeah, I can

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 38.jpg (900x1411, 491K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 39.jpg (900x1416, 507K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 40.jpg (900x1401, 498K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 41.jpg (900x1403, 475K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 42.jpg (900x1388, 439K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 43.jpg (900x1404, 452K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 44.jpg (900x1396, 416K)

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 45.jpg (900x1404, 434K)

So...do you think DC will go full retard with the synergy and try to make this the canon origin of the Joker? Or at least publish a mini in the same vain for maximum synergy points?

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 46.jpg (900x1393, 415K)

Yes and no. They have three Jokers now, they can do whatever they want with them.

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 47.jpg (900x1408, 483K)

End

Attached: Batman - The Killing Joke 48.jpg (900x1413, 429K)

the Laughing Gas, for that reason Artur is arrested

Here you go user

Attached: Detective Comics 168 001.jpg (1280x1892, 578K)

I like this joker design. It looks familiar but I don’t remember the exact era it’s from, is it in accurate to refer to it as just

“Classic joker”

Attached: Detective Comics 168 003.jpg (1280x1819, 805K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 004.jpg (1280x1843, 912K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 005.jpg (1280x1805, 849K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 006.jpg (1280x1820, 909K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 007.jpg (1280x1818, 960K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 008.jpg (1280x1814, 961K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 009.jpg (1280x1793, 932K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 010.jpg (1280x1810, 911K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 011.jpg (1280x1797, 927K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 012.jpg (1280x1823, 910K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 013.jpg (1280x1826, 907K)

Attached: Detective Comics 168 014.jpg (1280x1815, 937K)

>actual capekino on its way
>Yea Forums doesn't care
What the fuck

End

Attached: Detective Comics 168 015.jpg (1280x1823, 907K)

Like the trailer, properly won't watch the movie. the only thing redeeming about joker backstories is that they're all made up by the joker for shits and giggles to fuck with people looking to make sense of his chaotic violence.

>actual capekino
This ain't it, chief.

Remember you're on Yea Forums.

It looks like a bad trailer for a good film

Or a bad trailer for a terrible film which given DC's track record is likely

>Make a Norman Bates movie
>Call it "Joker" because he's a clown
yea fuck this

Lmao that actually sounds pretty decent though.

I'm unironically hyped for this. Really hope it will be a critical and commercial success.

Attached: D3PTEduXkAMf8vw.jpg (810x1200, 71K)

Everyone is someone, user.

>Two Face movie
>Set during the Great Depression, a law attorney gets scarred and his wife killed after trying to incriminate a mafia boss.
>Goes crazy and decides that the only way to defeat that mafia boss is by becoming his competition.

Attached: ftf.jpg (460x381, 29K)

Anybody else is getting some major Going Sane feel out of this?
I doubt they would research past a surface level reading of Killing Joke but all the stuff about going into Joker's tragedy, the things he likes and does when he's not going against Batman and what kind of person would a guy like him be, and the stylistic/musical choices remind me a lot of Going Sane.

A shame this story isn't praised more often.
I think it's as good as The Killing Joke if not better at points. If they have to make a Joker origin movie, it's the story they should go with as a basis.

Attached: joker audience.jpg (918x1460, 230K)

This.

so this Joker is more explicitly a product of society's neglect. Not sure how to feel about this call for sympathy of this freak. I hope his development warps so it's more true to an irredeemable Joker, even if this backstory remains tragic.

pestilen/tv/ermin are Yea Forums's greatest scourge. No matter the cost, they must be purged.
Report each and every single live action thread on sight.
If they aren't deleted, or if you get wrongfully banned, politely appeal to the mods by using the feedback function and speak to them directly on IRC explaining why the threads should be removed (they lead to gratuitous amounts of off topic shitposting, political bullcrap, psychotically belligerent brand fanaticism & false flagging for the sake of trolling, etc.). Furthermore, you can try to convince them that by consolidating discussion of all live action movies and TV shows to Yea Forums, their jobs will be made much easier since their attention to shitposting in those threads will be more focused if they're on one board instead of two.

Telltale Joker was cutie. Not to mention they allowed the player to dabble a bit in batjokes.

The movie apparently wants to explore "Arthur's" issues with mental illness, and on it's own that's a terrible idea because trying to make a psychologically believable commentary on mental illness using The Joker, the farthest thing from a psychologically believable person, is disingenious at best and grotesquely offensive at worst.

But the movie is set in the 70s, and America in the 70s was faced with not only a spike in violent urban crime, but also Reagan's cuts to federal funding for mental hospitals which led to a spike in homelessness and people who needed treatment just getting funneled into the prison system. Given how this movie seems to be literally just Taxi Driver meets King of Comedy it seems like that's the idea behind their take on Joker. A failed comedian struggling with mental illness who fails to get the help he needs and bites back as a result.

I still feel like The Joker and every other element related to Batman comics is just something they are slapping on this movie to make it sell.

Attached: societyman.jpg (540x285, 18K)

Sweet! Thanks!

This says a lot about our society

I'm of no opinion of it, other than I'm glad that they're trying to do something different. it might be great or it might bomb, either way they're doing their thing with it, to some degree.
All the people getting their nuts in a twist over "NoT mY jOkEr", should really do the sensible thing and just see this as an Elseworld. If it ends up sucking, it's going to tank anyway.

>the ending where, despite it all, Bruce still went to visit John in Arkham

That was a bittersweet ending, and I'm glad Telltale went under so they won't be able to stomp on it.

More like the King of Comedy, but either way there's a Scorsese vibe

>but also Reagan's cuts to federal funding for mental hospitals
That was the 80's user. Reagan became President in the 80's.

It does look a bit try hard and edgy but then again Joaquin Phoenix so it's ok, also considering this will replace the god awful suicide squad joker in movie canon it's a step in the right direction

7/10

Shut the hell up.

Looks good. Now to wait for its release for a full verdict.

Kind of underwhelming to be honest, it’s so vague and nondescript that you could have slapped another name onto the film and nothing would really change other than whose going to be paying to see this movie.
Why give Joker an origin story tho? The mystique of the character is the mystery of his origin, it’s a mystery that Batman can’t solve, that’s crazy compelling. And further more, IF we have to suffer through a Joker Year One movie, why not just adapt Killing Joke? For as much as I like to say that Killing Joke is one of the most overrated Batman comics, it did give us a good origin for Joker. This just, I dunno, seems bad.

Jesus fuck, it really is "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY" the movie. What a crock.

You're right. But also was inaccurate to say 70's, since the movie takes place in the 80's.

Also, I think is on the money. Really hoping the movie leans more into the tragedy side of how a life falls to shit when community supports are deprived, rather than trying to sensationalize unhinged nihilism as some sort of everyman super power.

Yea Forums is going to have a field day when this comes out

Attached: 1548676256989.png (860x772, 394K)

No you aren't. This is getting good reactions

>adapt The Killing Joke
That already happen, user
and it sucked

Attached: 1554012528580.png (900x900, 3.1M)

Have sex Incels

>there will be a scene of Joker and some teenagers emerging from the flaming wreckage of a GameStop

To be fair, the movie could just be one of Joker's multiple choice pasts.

>If it ends up sucking, it's going to tank anyway.
It's got a 55mil budget and stars the most iconic comic villain of all time. It might very well end up terrible but it's never going to flop

Nigga, Yea Forums just had 300+ feel threads about being literally like the Joker and crying about their sick moms. Shit is already way underway.

This says a lot about our society

Attached: 525038447312896040.gif (100x100, 21K)

I hope this kick-start the 80's classics revival with Batman's rogue gallery. Scarface Meets Bane, Raging Bull Meets Killer Croc, Goodfellas Meets Penguin, and so on.

Yeah, but like 90% of WBDC’s animated films haven’t been very good, I feel like with this budget and crew they could have don’t Killing Joke, or at least the parts from that story that matter, justice. No need for Batman until the end, no need for Babs at all.
I would like it so much if by the end of the movie it pulls back to revile it’s just him, telling this story to Harleen, and have her make a comment about how that story doesn’t fit with the one he told the day before.
Either way tho, this doesn’t look to be a very good movie.

I already knew, but this trailer cemented to me that the majority of DC fans are braindead morons that care way too much about comic tropes and "continuity" for a comic book company that's constantly rebooting and doing reimaginings.

I'm tired of seeing people crying about the lack of Batman or that Bruce Wayne is a kid and what about the sequel, this despite the movie not even having released yet.

>Danny Devitto making a comeback as the penguin

Attached: 1553931856189.jpg (326x308, 15K)

Lolita Meets Mad Hatter might be the most controversial of them.

I really wish Hatter appears in a live action Batman movie. He woyld make a good secondary antagonist

GAMERS

Attached: c8cb7566079e0093956333821e5950c8.jpg (474x474, 43K)

What classic would be a good fit for Two-Face?

The only goofy thing about it is all that footage of him running and the memes that came out from it.

>Washing an old person!
Naw man this his the first DCEU film to interest me in a bit. Joaquin is a great actor and it reminds me of my favorite Joker story, Going Sane.

This..actually looks really damn good? Holy shit. I was sick and tired of the Joker but I'll actually go see this. I like the art house style to itl.

Are you going to spam this on every thread? its probably no one, just showing how much of a nightmare being in arkham assylum is.

Thanks user, it's impossible to find the original colouring these days

If the reddit leaks are true then this is absolute kino

Storytime?

It looks like a real movie

I really hope by the end of this he's done something irredeemable. It looks really good but the last thing I want is a sympathetic Joker. He can start of sympathetic or understandable but at some point he needs to go off the rails and cross the line into psychopathic. It doesn't have to be needlessly gory or 'shocking!' but by the end I hope Joker is a real villain.

I don’t think they’ll make in sympathetic. He will be a victim of circumstance sure, but it seems more like a character study than anything.

I'm not a fan of completely shifting his character from an unknowable to a literal sad clown.
I'm kinda miffed he doesn't look like he could actually threaten a band of kids, much less the goddamn Batman.
I'm not looking forward to the 40 minutes of build up before the Joker becomes the Joker. It's right there in the title, we know it's gonna happen, why is it trying to be a thriller about the least surprising spoiler they could go for?

It feels very much like someone that didn't really understand anything about Batman decided to make a Joker movie.

This. That 'crossing of the line' part has to be something that even those sympathetic to him can't support - and should be, too, if the movie is going to use that sympathy for a good purpose.

I genuinely didn't expect to like the trailer, but it seems like the movie might actually be good. I'm absolutely surprised, but maybe, if it's successful, it'll lead us into a new, near-artsy, made-with-care set of films from DC. But probably not.

Attached: oh an expert.jpg (350x474, 109K)

When are we going to get heath comparison

Will it features the batman?

>I'm kinda miffed he doesn't look like he could actually threaten a band of kids
The joker isn't very physically imposing in almost any incarnation

>The joker isn't very physically imposing in almost any incarnation

The only one I can even think of is from "The Batman".

Attached: file.png (428x844, 390K)

everyone love joker more than batman

But what if Taxi, but with Joker?

Attached: taxi-cast-750x400.jpg (750x400, 82K)

Faggot ass janny giving me a warning for calling people incels. Lmao fucking losers

what about that kid being bruce makes you think? it's neat, but come on, man

I just want him to be irredeemable at some point in the film. Whatever he does, it has to be bad, no matter how much the movie wants us to sympathize with him as well.

CUHRAYYYYYZEEEEEE xD

>People don't like "WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY" films

Why? Are you faggots that afraid to accept the truth about people? You can't escape forever

Is that supposed to be Thomas Wayne on the TV?

Attached: b5f657dbaddc6f1620524f8c3b1a5c14.png (726x398, 369K)

I can't wait for him to literally say "Make Gotham Great Again" or something

Yes.

And these are Gordon and Bullock.

The whole movie pretty much leaked between spoiler reports and set pictures.

Attached: Gordon & Bullock.jpg (634x869, 124K)

Batman basically bullies a bunch of handicapped people

The bit with him and his mom males me think this is what would happen if his character in You Were Never Really Here became a clown instead of being a hired gun.
His mom here is probably gonna have the same fate too.

based and honkpilled the movie
cant wait

No

It's Thomas Wanye

Attached: DoRy985X0AEOON6.jpg (720x920, 90K)

>weezy

>You Were Never Really Here
How is that movie? It's on my backlog

I don't know what I'd really expect out of a Joker origin movie but this doesn't look awful. Joaquin's a good actor and a good choice for a "hero" Joker and I like the vintage feel at least

BOTTOM TEXT

Attached: Joker Society.jpg (534x810, 106K)

Who's the guy edited on to the poster

I can't really take the joker seriously anymore

The whole concept of a Joker origin story isn't great. He's supposed to be this mystery that not even the world's greatest detective can solve. Even the closest thing he has to a canon backstory in the comics is presented as only possibly being true

This, he's only threatening because of his unpredictability and lack of any moral restraint

Well he's not THE Joker yet I guess.

Wouldn't that mean that Joker is like 60 or older when Batman starts going against him?

The film ends with Joker as a passerby watching Bruce's parents get murdered and then getting shot by the same guy (presumably Joe Chill). As he stumbles away from Bruce he falls into another alleyway and starts laughing til he dies. In that same alleyway is a homeless kid who watches him die, shocked. Film ends zoomed in on the kids mouth as it cracks into a smile; he's the real joker

Unironically kino. This ending would be too >I would like it so much if by the end of the movie it pulls back to revile it’s just him, telling this story to Harleen, and have her make a comment about how that story doesn’t fit with the one he told the day before.

So is this version of Thomas Wayne meant to be a scumbag?

How does this movie even "end". Like what is his conflict or goal? I doubt he will have an antagonist since he is the antagonist so how do you end a movie like this?

>I would like it so much if by the end of the movie it pulls back to revile it’s just him, telling this story to Harleen, and have her make a comment about how that story doesn’t fit with the one he told the day before.
Endings like that completely destroy any impact a film has though, just look at Evangelion. I like the idea that it's not concrete, possibly a fabricated back story, but it needs to be left completely ambiguous

>trying to give him a origin story and making him edgy
g ay

Likely, it'll end with whatever irredeemable event he does in order to "cross the line", considering the film is showing him in a sympathetic light otherwise. Whatever takes him from "misunderstood victim" to "criminal".

> I doubt he will have an antagonist since he is the antagonist so how do you end a movie like this?
Antagonist very definitely isn't a synonym for "evil". It's just whoever opposes the protagonist. In a movie where we follow a villain, the antagonist is a more traditional "hero".

Sounds retarded. Build up this not joker character for 2 hours for no reason just so he inspires the real joker by getting shot? Yea no thanks.

Imagine if Batman was still played by jacked up Batfleck and he had to explain how this tiny twiggy guy in a clown suit would keep one upping hm even though he went toe to toe with Superman?

I kind of appreciate that he's less threatening and more of a weirdo now, it's a good move from heath Ledger and Jared Litos incarnations, and I think it fits in with older Jokers. He's edgy in his mind and actions but he doesn't feel edgy

>implying such an ending wouldn't be a social commentary on how one man standing up against societal norms inspires others to follow in his footsteps

Commissioner Gordon going insane and realizing that only rape can truly get to this monster.

I could dig this idea but you need ore than a kid sees a guy in a clown costume get shot. Maybe if the kid knew about him in advance or something or develop a relationship with them in some way then sure.

His laughing sounds absolutely fantastic

Question if this does well will this start a new gold rush for super villain origin stories? Will we finally get a really good Doctor Doom story?

Probably saw him on TV because of the exposure media gives to criminals

Yeah, I think he's got the voice down pat. There are parts, especially towards the beginning, where he kind of sounds almost like Hamill (not super close, but I think I hear it).The smile isn't bad either.

Regardless of how the film goes, I think it'll be worth it for Joaquin alone. He's a great actor, and it looks like he's really into the role.

Walk the Line was really good and he really went balls deep into the character

This actually sounds really good, even if it does kind of ruin all the development the movie gives. Probably a good way to tie it together though, maybe the kid is present more than once during the film. Also,
>As it zooms in to the kid Bruce is crouched over his parents in the background as sirens overpower the Jokers laughing

>Will we finally get a really good Doctor Doom story?
Stop it user, I can only get so hard

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking, I think this character will be great, nothing like the joker at all, but great. Brand recognition is hell, if they made the exact same movie but without pretending it is about a DC character this would probably be much better

The problem with making good sympathetic movies with villains is that you will get mad when heroes beat them. But maybe this conflict will be a good thing who knows.

>if they made the exact same movie but without pretending it is about a DC character this would probably be much better

I would disagree, if only because I think the clown motif seems important in the film. Unless the hypothetical not-Joker film had a similarly strong motif.

Could you imagine the entire movie is a sympathetic story about the abuse Joker suffered over the years, and as the mvie ends, it just winds up being the story he tells Dr. Qunizel before she becomes Harley Quinn, and literally none of it is true?

I would like that.

I don't even care if this is some King of Comedy / Taxi Driver rip-off that is barely related to the DCU. It's going to be better than any DC movie(Live action) put out since the nolan series so I'll take what I can get.

Attached: 1466907421433.jpg (800x595, 112K)

>Unless the hypothetical not-Joker film had a similarly strong motif

I'm 100% talking about keeping the clow part of the whole thing, they don't need the joker for that the troubled clown theme was done way before the Joker with Pagliacci in the 19 century, probably even way before that. I mean, the Joker was never a professional clown to begin with, making it a original character would make more sense

The success of this movie hopefully can send some signs over to WB. At least for me, I don't want a cinematic universe, just create stories for the purpose of giving us a great story. Not for some build up block buster.

Damn, Joaquin looks so much older than in the last movie I saw with him (her)

I think it looks fucking great

I'd agree, but the money is in getting people hooked to a "universe".

Best ending.

>Joker
>not edgy

Michael Scott was redpilled as fuck.

Attached: iqizFdn.png (900x676, 761K)

Everyone who shat on this movie when it was first announced are turning around on this trailer

this

I loved the relation between "John" and Batman.
especially when you take him under your wing and he basically goes out on nightruns with you.

>tell him to practice with the batarang in episode 1
>in episode 2 he is actually handy with them and excitedly brags that he was practicing just like you told him
>when you get hurt and have to get stitched up he sits there like a kid gaping in awe at all your high-tech medical stuff
>legit enjoys being your sidekick and looks up to you

fuck that was a great storyline. So much better than HES LE CRAZY CUZ HE'S LE CUHRAAAZY!!!

So joker gets an edgy street level origin story and a couple of months after that Harley emancipates from him in Birds of Prey. Smooth transition.

If this movie's a big success and changes the way the general public views the Joker, it's definitely going to be written into the comics as one of the backstories of the three Jokers

It looks awesome, you are nowhere near alone.

THINK OF THE ADVERTISERS

Looks pretty based.

It basically just looks like an extended version of the Killing Joke 'origin.'

that's the joke

LA Confidential or Serpico.

It's a shame the rest of the Batman Telltale stuff was so bad, because they got "John" so good

>Serpico
Just change cops to other politicians

The real issue here being that the movie seems fairly against the idea of "one bad day" - we're seeing all this shit build up to destroy him instead.

Maybe "Chinatown"

Wasn't the Killing Joke a bunch of events in his life that eventually led up to his one bad day though? Seems like the same idea here. Looks like when he's on the subway laughing uncontrollably is probably when he finally snaps.

His life sucked before that one bad day

Kino is a meme word that Yea Forums fags use.
But I think like all solo villain movies, it looks boring as fuck. Very few solo movies about villains have actually been good, and even then they still cameo the hero to get the audience (like suicide squad). I dunno, I just don't think theres enough there for the joker to have a good, full length movie about him. We got "A Killing Joke" and that was basically all the origin we needed for the joker.

>70's Scorsese ft. Joker
>sounds terrible
god Yea Forums really does have shit taste

>1:25
Was this the same location used in the last episode of Gotham where Bane gassed and abducted Gordon and Bruce?

dunno, but those are definitely the same stairs from the Exorcist at the end.

Attached: artworks-000311575641-69xagq-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 46K)

This trailer does a good job of showing you what will be in the movie without giving even a hint of what is going on. Does that mean this movie is going to suck?

No. I'd argue that that's the high point of what a trailer should be. Why would I want to be spoiled before going into the movie?

I'm worried because it might mean they're trying to obfuscate the movie's premise. Trailers that show too much are a problem, but I think you should at least get the basic gist from a trailer.
e.g. a Harry Potter trailer would show Harry was a miserable child, then he gets to go to a magic school, and maybe imply the school has secrets. This Joker trailer worries me because all I can tell is that the main character is sad, he has a mom he takes care of, and is slowly losing his mind in a bad town. I didn't get anything implying a real conflict between the guy and anybody, other than the random acts of cruelty visited on him by the people around him. That's why I'm worried.

Phoenix is certainly a million times better than Leto Joker, anyways.

I'm just cautiously optimistic for this movie right now. It already looks better than most of the DCEU thus far, but it still needs to be released before I can say anything concrete.

Yes.

Basically a Donald Trump stand-in.

Action is best in motion. Comics are best appreciated for their writing and art. What would Superman be worth if he wasn't the Big Blue Boy Scout who got dragged through the dirt more times than you could count but still comes out of it morally pure, or, finally snaps under the pressure.

I'm the Joka, baby.

Hmmmm........

No sir, I don't like it!

>The show is actually an anthology and each season is the Joker telling a different person a "backstory". The last season is the classic "Joker's gone too far" Killing Joke storyline and there's a series of hints that reveal which season was his for real backstory.

Joker's backstory is literally the least interesting thing you could possibly make a movie about. His backstory is literally "no one knows and it doesn't matter".

The Joker is just an insane man with a sense of humor, he instills fear while being extremely theatrical and entertaining doing it. If you try to make him into a "sad clown" stereotype he loses everything that makes him "him". Knowing his actual backstory, especially if its a generic "humble man broken by shitty society" origin, takes away a huge part of what makes the Joker work.

He's a much simpler character than people try to make him be, this movie looks like it's trying way too hard to be "kino".

I haven't really been into superhero movies in ages but I think it looks kind of interesting as its own standalone tragedy.

>The last season is the classic "Joker's gone too far" Killing Joke storyline and there's a series of hints that reveal which season was his for real backstory.

>Said backstory is actually some amalgamtion of parts of all of the previous ones.

Not the guy you're replying, but I highly disagree. There are tons of comics with great action. Hell, manga is literally all about dynamic action turned into sequential art. I'm a huge batfag and I agree that Killing Joke is pretty lame. It was a breakthrough in cape comics, a twisted, mature take on the Bat, but I honestly think TDKR, Arkham Asylum and Year One are all better "entry level" classic batman books.

>just look at Evangelion
What exactly do you mean by this? Evangelion is fantastic, and End of Evangelion builds on everything that came before.

Fair point. Matter of personal taste, I suppose.

Was there a point where The Joker really hadn't shown up for ten years?

>also considering this will replace the god awful suicide squad joker

I actually kinda like the Suicide Squad Joker in a way. He and Harley were like the worst of Hot Topic with a hint of rave stoner. Yet they did one thing right and that was actually making the Joker a gangster again. His characterization as a mysterious cosmic force of anarchy has grown very old. I miss the days where he did capers instead of trying to top Charles Manson and when the other villains thought he was an annoying faggot rather than wanking his evilness. Suicide Squad was far from achieving that but at least it moved a bit closer.

Attached: eQ20E.jpg (384x313, 83K)

>The seasons are drastically different and one is animated in the classic BTAS style (explained to hostage child), another is a tense action thriller (to some grunt who Joker kills at the end), and stylistic suck animation (Journal found by cops)

Leto Joker would have been okay if he had made me laugh at least once. Fucker doesn't even joy buzz anyone, right?

This looks like an actually fantastic movie and Yea Forums can't handle it because it's more accurate to the comic books than ecelebs can explain to them

Attached: 1.jpg (841x377, 143K)

I mean, everyone, including Thomas Wayne hates the man.
And all the other people that support him just fell hook, line and sinker cheering a mentally ill man on like he finally found his audience.

Looks like some Falling Down knock off screenplay they slapped a bankable name on

That very image explains why a Joker origin story is retarded

That'd be great

>...What?
This guy is about to drop the news that his mom died

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-235200.png (1440x761, 697K)

Some people are already raving why this isn't "in-universe".

It's a Joker origin story. A, one, AN isolated story. It's an option for how he could have become The Joker. This isn't like the MCU, it isn't meant to be the definitive "This is what happened." It's just a story. Movies used to be allowed to do that.

Can we get a self-contained author-driven comic book movie again? This looks like one... I'm tired of the cinematic universe format, guys. I just want to watch a movie. Is it that much to ask?

That's one of the major points as to why it isn't part of the mainline continuity and is a standalone film.
It definitely grounds him as a more visceral character than some agent of chaos

The idiot masses are already confused user, the idea of multiple movies not being in the same universe confuses their poor Marvel addled minds.

Tell the execs as to why they should do that.
Pretty sure a vast majority of movie-going audiences still prefer continuity.

The masses being confused has never been a problem at the box office. Look at Venom.

>Joker
>No fancy shmancy smiley armpit tickle gas
>Straight up a bullied boohoohooo i am da victim fag
>Build him up as some sort of anti hero who raises against the "system" for some reason

Attached: 1479867570115.png (284x284, 13K)

The mystique of the character is the mystery of his origin,

No it isnt. This isnt even the first time we've seen an origin story for him in a live-action film. Youre 30 years too late to complain about this.

Looks good desu different take in a good way

The last episode making everything a dream took away any sense of weight or meaning from the entire series, that's the whole reason that End of Evangelion was made, to rectify it

The only reason you perceive him as someone raising up against the system is because he's the protagonist, the trailer basically portrays him as a mentally ill failed comedian who managed to garner a following, he's basically a cult leader.

Joker, Endgame and Starwars.
It's a good year.

Ralph the Movie Maker.

>Starwars
Thanks for reminding me.

Attached: 1348644417728.gif (280x120, 622K)

Quite good, kinda abrupt ending though.

Joaquin Phoenix looks dangerously thing, goddamn.

If you're into pizzagate, you're gonna love it.