"Okay so we have this cartoon and it's about kids doing kid stuff, you know, normal things...

>"Okay so we have this cartoon and it's about kids doing kid stuff, you know, normal things, dealing with friends and bullies and wacky school hijinks on the playground, it's mostly realistic, but it's got that surreal cartoonish twist and the perspective of a kid, so it sometimes has weird situations, but generally down to earth and simple"
>"Okay, that sounds like a fun cartoon series, now you mentioned a movie concept what's the plot for that going to be?"
>"The kids save the world from an evil organizations plot to harness the power of ghosts to enslave mankind under their evil regime"

Attached: DzxkitFXgAAQwS8.jpg (495x419, 21K)

What

Talking about the weird pattern of old cartoons which usually have somewhat normal plots with a bit of quirkiness getting movies where things go off the rails, like Recess, where a group of kids who usually just fuck around on the playground, battle an evil government group trying to change then world with a giant laser to get rid of Summer Vacation forever

Name five others

Just summer vacation? Just that one only? Not Spring break, winter break? I mean this seems small scale for such a big operation.

It involved messing with the moon for constant snow

So instead of getting rid of summer vacation they'd just make it an infinite snow day? These villains really aren't thinking things through are they?

It was all to improve test scores, it was by the Secretary of Education

Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Doug, Scooby-Doo, Proud Family

Not him, but the Hey Arnold movie did this too. Both Hey Arnold movies, actually.

I feel like Doug got a movie where this might’ve happened, but I don’t think I ever actually saw it so I can’t remember.

Doug’s was more small scale, they found a lake monster

Right, I remember. His reasoning was that test scores are higher in cold countries like Sweden, so he could raise American test scores by making America cold. Because I guess he thought the main difference between America and Sweden is the weather.

Fucking Rugrats had a bunch of babies who usually have the obstacle of something being on a counter they can't reach, or Tommy's screwdriver being taken so they can't escape their pen, and they end up piloting a giant robot monster

Goof Troop was a pretty down to earth show, and in the movie they met Bigfoot and Michael Jackson.

It's a kid's show, the villains have to be stupid enough that their plots can be foiled by a bunch of twelve-year-olds.

How does a man like this even get money to do such a scheme of this scale?

Even that was an escalation from the show

Doug is basically Degrassi levels of normal, the weirdest thing in a normal episode of Doug is Skeeter. Imagine if on Seventh Heaven the family went on a picnic and ran into Mothman

Wasnt that the show where everyone in a town had their own curse?

1) It’s a cartoon. It’s supposed to be an exaggeration of life so unrealistic things will happen

2) The public education system is already set up like a bunch of bumbling cartoon villains trying to scam people using innocent children- in order to exaggerate it for a real cartoon, they have to give it something a little extra

The United States Government I guess.