Avengers No road home #8 storytime

Let's do this.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qfuAlOx6gPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1014K)

Bump if you're reading etc
Last time, Monica went OP but was eventually stopped and Nyx summoned Conan's dead gf to stab him.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-002.jpg (1987x3056, 773K)

Euforia is from Slott's Silver Surfer run and Hulk asked Nightmare to send them there as a reward for helping him.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-003.jpg (1987x3056, 1.5M)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-004.jpg (3975x3056, 2.42M)

Also Vision is malfunctioning and maybe dying at the start of the story for unspecified reasons.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-005.jpg (1987x3056, 1.57M)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-006.jpg (1987x3056, 1.3M)

Clint looks like he's 18 here

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-007.jpg (1987x3056, 1.46M)

>Also Vision is malfunctioning and maybe dying at the start of the story for unspecified reasons.
Isn't that because he got almost destroyed in a previous case of shit Hulkwank and he never fully healed?

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-008.jpg (1987x3056, 1.34M)

I don't think it's hinted at, but could be.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-009.jpg (1987x3056, 1.7M)

I'm positive these three panels are
>Zub
>Ewing
>Waid
Also no one but Jim Zub ships those two

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-010.jpg (1987x3056, 1.6M)

HULKED.com

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-011.jpg (1987x3056, 1.53M)

Bumping. Thanks OP.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-012.jpg (1987x3056, 1.68M)

>that first panel
Somewhere_a_child_cries.png

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-013.jpg (1987x3056, 1.34M)

Voyager was just a plot convenience this time and that's a good thing

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-014.jpg (1987x3056, 1.34M)

Her greatest fear is losing the BBC. Sounds like a white woman.

I know it disrupts the flow of the story but I also happen to like this tribute so

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-015.jpg (1987x3056, 924K)

Bamp for reading

REVENGERS
THE REVENGENCE

>just realized that it's been a week since last wednesday

Fuck

Epic for the win, my dude
Also isn't she Romanì?

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.26M)

I've been enjoying these more body horror-like transformations to be honest.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-017.jpg (1987x3056, 1.51M)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-018.jpg (1987x3056, 1.23M)

With all her retcons, who knows.

Ha! Nice mockery.

>stabbed in the chest
>all better 5 minutes later

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-019.jpg (1987x3056, 1.48M)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-020.jpg (1987x3056, 1.25M)

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.63M)

So we're two issues to the end and the villain is winning.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-022.jpg (1987x3056, 749K)

>because the night is my time
Jesus christ that flex

Also there's this for some reason. I don't think it's too bad, even for promotion maybe it will lead someone to a comic book they'll enjoy.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-023.jpg (1987x3056, 1.23M)

And that's all. See (You) next week.

Attached: Avengers - No Road Home 08 (of 10)-024.jpg (1987x3056, 926K)

Ghost knife for ghost wounds.

I still have no idea what this house is supposed to be

Yes, it's because of this. It was also touched on in Zub's Champions.

Jesus...

I want more of Rocket with a mohawk

Attached: D3LgB1RXkAYk6jM.jpg (988x640, 106K)

So good. Thanks user

Not just that, he's growing old and decaying. This was supposed to be touched upon on the Vision mini that got cancelled, by the way.

Very smart writing. Someone like the Hulk shouldn't be able to defeat a Skyfather+ level being by just brute force.

I love the fact that the gruesome, horrible transformations we've been seeing in Immortal Hulk here as well. It's such a nice little touch with respect to the Devil-Hulk that I'd hate to see it not included.

It's really cool to see Hercules in a leadership role here in a way that still incorporates all of his characterization from the past decade or so. This is the type of thing I love Ewing for.

I think his two books are the only ones I show up to Yea Forums for

Thanks OP!

>HULKED.com
If it's not already, someone should make that a real website and just fill it with images of Hulk doing what Hulk does.

>Voyager was just a plot convenience this time
The story is not over yet.

>that third panel

youtube.com/watch?v=qfuAlOx6gPw

>two
Wait, what's the other one?

Immortal Hulk

Ah, you meant Ewing, I misunderstood that then, thought you meant Herc.

You're welcome.

2 more to go right?

Yup, two weeks to go.

Nyx using Hulk's new catch phrase against him like that is just fun writing

So, who will use the Pym Particles vial?

>yfw they defeat Nyx by inserting a Pym particle suppository up her ass

Groot has a mohawk too, now. Maybe it's a popular look in space?

Just stop it Zub. What's wrong with you?

underrated

thanks OP, another great issue

Side note: I was sure Vin would end up being referenced in this since Vision started to quote Shakespeare

Rocket asked if it could work on anyone non-human so I feel like that means he stole it from Clint

But it could also mean Hulk

She really got over all her children getting murdered fast.
Then again she killed half of them.

>Belit isn't covered in gold and nothing else

Shame.

Wait... Why is Nyx evil exactly?

Honestly? Reading this series pisses me off because of gods dying like fucking flies.

There is absolutely zero weight to Nyx or any characters when people like the hulk and rocket racoon just shoot or punch them.

Modern Marvel lacks gravitas in everything.

>DUDE DARKNEZZ IS EVILZ LOOOOOOOOOLZ
That is literally the only reason.
Nyx was imprisoned solely because she wouldn't play nice with the rest of the Olympian assholes. She is objectively right and justified in her quest for eliminating all light and sending the universe into eternal darkness.

She wants to plunge the universe into eternal darkness, wich would be super not good.
Also she killed a bunch of greek deities which might've been total dicks but they were still Herc's family.

>modern marvel
What kind of old comics are you even reading you dumbfuck

>wich would be super not good
Says who?

Having a Mohawk is about the only thing he's been good for this run. Does he even have a gun? What is the point of him being here if he does nothing?

>Nyx wants eternal Darkness
>Her daughter is fucking daylight

>She constantly switched positions in Hades with her daughter so people could have night and day

So she's Greek Movie Hela.

When Zeus showing up basically blew the fuck out of everyone like they're all jokes.

Too bad it’s not Zeus wank now, it’s Nyxwank

And so many gods/entities have been punched by hulk even back in the day. Effects do vary

Most lifeforms on earth for starters

Nyx being stronger than Zeus is fine.

But Zeus has shitslapped the Hulk. Skyfathers are literally out of his league.

Who gives a fuck about Earth? Lousy fucking parasitic race, making everything worse for the universe at large.
Not like the others are any better, especially those Kree assholes.
Nah, Nyx is absolutely in the right. The universe is better off dark, cold, barren, and devoid of all life.

Nyx too shitslapped hulk. Doesn’t stop hulk from trying though

So who the fuck is Nox? Is it just never going to get brough up?

>t. Hypnos

Is that a fucking call back to Conan on the cross?

bump

The damage done to him by Hulk was too great to be properly repaired, he's malfunctioning, and slowly dying because of this. He was offered the chance to have his mind transferred into a new body, but is choosing to just let himself die instead. This was supposed to be kept a secret, yet No Road Home has some of the team aware he's dying.

Whatever Cain's Vision miniseries was going to do with this, it got cancelled because plans changed, No Road Home is supposed to resolve the plot, next issue's cover teases his death.

"Vision No More", then? Wonder how's that going to affect Viv and the plans involving Pymtron infecting the dog.

Cain's announcement of the mini being cancelled included her making an apology to Viv. This had people thinking the miniseries was going to kill Vision, and have Viv replace him, and now plans have changed, possibly because we know he's coming back in the MCU.

Just let Vision and Wanda retire happily to a house in jersey i'm begging you

Like everything in this boring ship, it's so forced and unearned. Wanda's biggest fear should be something like losing her children again, or losing control of herself and her powers, being possessed yet again and hurting people she loves. Not something bad happening to the guy she's been dating off-panel so Zub can act like a fanfic writer getting to make his crackship canon and push it as super serious.

Right like this bitch altered reality on a grand scale and was responsible for god knows how many muties dying.

It's been over ten years Scott, just get over it already you whiny little bitch.

Last issue teased that she still has feelings for him, next issue is "On Euphoria, the Wishing World, the Avengers come face-to-face with their own desires". Ideally we'd see they have the exact same desire for a reunion, but look at Wanda's scene this issue. We should resign ourselves to Zub using this as another opportunity to keep pushing Wanda/Jericho.

It feels like even if the Disney+ Wanda/Vision series was to become a big mainstream success, Marvel writers and editorial would fight to the death to keep them apart.

so wait that ghost was like, a physical thing that could get blasted with a laser beam? i call bullshit for several reasons.

Ghosts are weak against Synthezoids. It's explained in the manual.

because it snot her real ghost, her real ghost is presumably resting in peace while the image of her left in Conan's mind is given a psuedophysical form with which to attack Conan.

When the last issue was storytimed, someone said it looked like the home of Agatha Harkness.

Vision is Steel/Ghost. His Ghost-type attacks were super effective against her and also has STAB.

user, you have to take the Marvel blackpill to make sense of anything these days. And it is that we’re at the point where the cosmic, natively eldritch villains like Dormammu are the heroes of their own stories compared to the Avengers.

Seriously, Herc’s solo runs keep driving home what irredeemable dickbags all Olympians are

bump

Thanks op

Thanks for the storytime, OP. This is probably the only good Marvel event right now.

Ugh, I like Jericho but this pair ain't it.

Now that I think about it, didn't Monica and Jericho used to date?

And then she broke it off because he was kinda creepy, sent zombies to deliver he messages

Has Hulk ever used Pym Particles?

don't think so

>when your boyfriend sends you flowers using the corpses from the local cemetery
Hulk himself or...?
Because he has been shrunk before, there's an entire saga of him living in the Microverse, and even marrying down there (Jarella).

Nice.

i like to think each hulk transforms in their unique way

savage hulk grows big

devil hulk stretches and contorts making it look extra painful

Jericho, like Simon, works well as a friend, but not as a romantic partner. There's also zero development of their relationship.

I would not be surprised if Marvel's editors and writers don't even know the Disney Plus series exists. I strongly suspect they will completely ignore it (while absolutely pushing Loki, Bucky, and Falcon like crazy when their D+ series hits).

Therein lies the problem; Zub seems to be the only writer at Marvel interested in Wanda, but he's also the one into the crackship, which also likely suits Brevoort.

>I would not be surprised if Marvel's editors and writers don't even know the Disney Plus series exists
Why should they care anyway? Casuals gave up on reading comics or even care about them, they can safely ignore those and frankly Marvel is better off not doing synergy. Every time they do it, the quality goes down, just look at the current GOTG series by Cates, it's riddled with synergy and it's awful (the writing doesn't help), yet I guarantee you there's no MCU fan actually buying it, not even out of curiosity. It's a lost cause.

Attached: smug_thanos_maga.jpg (560x347, 62K)