"Villains"

>"Villains"

Attached: bjhiop.png (411x409, 314K)

Killmonger was full of shit and was just angry at the world and is family. He really didn’t give a shit about the throne, or liberating the oppressed.

Toomes was a selfish asshole who thought the world owes him something. He was “making a living” by selling advanced weapons to street punks, and money to spare.

"their motivations weren't just being evil for the sake of it so they're not actually villains" is easily one of the most sophomoric and uninteresting takes someone can have. Might as well just go back to making "ironic" Joker was actually the good guy in TDK posts.

>Kang
>Race Mixer
Ok /pol memes aside
These two were going to kill anyone in their way, and KangMonger was going to arm thousands, which you know is going to end numbers of lives.

And Toomes wasn't just going to stop with stealing, at some point the arc reactor would power numerous weapons of mass destruction.

Yes, very much so. Having relatable motivations doesn't absolve anything.

It's called antagonist. It's not allways objectively vile dude doing objectively vile thingies

Well, yeah. They're villains. Killmonger was a big baby who grew up to like killing, and openly expressed how he wanted to kill anyone and anything that wasn't for his cause. Vulture is a selfish faggot that was mad he wasn't make enough money.

They were both right

>I lost my middling construction job!
>TIME TO SELL DEATH RAYS TO CRIPS AND NUCLEAR LASERS TO GANGBANGERS
>bwuhhhhhhh, muh family...

t.Yea Forums

> i lost my job cleaning up stark's mess because stark's company has a DoD contract since he's part of the military-industry complex and he profits off earth almost dying to an alien invasion

he didn't sell death rays to gangbangers, that was his idiot lackey, his whole MO has been being under the radar because he knows the avengers would slap his shit

He didn't even lose his job, just that one contract got pulled (though I think realistically SHIELD would have just paid him off if he tried making an issue out of it)

>Killmonger
He was bullshitting about 'muh liberation'. He just wanted revenge on the world and wakanda had the tools.
>Vulture
Wasn't he selling alien technology on the black market for personal gain and tried to murder spiderman for fucking with his shit like a mob boss?

Yeah black Hitler is in fact a villain.

>t. Dcuck

>Literal criminal and murderer
>terrorist who intentionally wanted to destroy wakanda while causing as much damage he could everywhere else

Yeah villains, not even well written ones, their reasons are retarded and don't justify their behaviour at all.

Toomes was giving an US vs THEM speech while living in a mini mansion to a kid who was grateful for finding a fucking VCR player on the street. He full of shit.

t.Marvirgin trying to turn this into company war

>working with middlemen you can't even trust
that just makes him even more of a retard.

why do millenials think any villain with complexity and a personally justifiable position is not a villain? having personal convictions or having tough breaks doesnt exonerate someone from their crimes

in the same regard millenials will complain when the opposite is true and the villiain is just a mustache twirling EVIL man because he feels like it

those are your only 2 choices, pick one. the same way johnny lawrence was just an impressionable young guy having poor behaviors modeled to him and was trying to be good, that didn't mean he wasn't also a bully

Uh, Killmonger is way more evil than Vulture.

Killmonger's justification stems from "Uncle T'Chaka killed muh dad protecting someone else" but the only action that actually justifies is overthrowing his cousin. It doesn't justify him becoming a serial killer, slicing throats (without drawing blood?), aiding/murdering a thief, killing his own girlfriend, wanting to commit global genocidethat explicitly includes children, destroying the traditions of his father's homeland and generally being a hypocrite.

The worst thing Vulture did was killing a guy accident and shrugging it off.

Attached: oh no, killmonger barely scratched her throat, it's going to sting when they put disinfectant o (1920x808, 653K)

I think the underrated thing about this movie is how in that nearly all black cast, it's the white guy that actually saved the planet because he's the one that shot down the ships carrying the weapons
meanwhile everyone else was just fighting for wakanda, which is comparatively very low stakes

actually it was a DVR, and the whole speech was just a distraction for his wingsuit to power up.
Potentially possibly getting Peter to be sympathetic towards him was just a hail mary.

Killmonger was a genuine psychopath

True. MCU Tony is still a turbo militaristic cunt no matter what he says.

>actually it was a DVR, and the whole speech was just a distraction for his wingsuit to power up.
This is Yea Forums, where we can have five years of DANCE OFF BRO memes without realizing that too, was meant to be a distraction.

okay well DANCE OFF BRO was actually cringey to watch

>t.Generation Z

If killmonger was black panther, thanos would be dead and half the population of the universe would still exist.

>One on the left was arrested on sight by the authorities despite not having a weapon.
>The one on the right was never pursued by the police
Why was Marvel so racist?

I kind of doubt random gang members with sonic lasers is going to do a whole lot to overthrow governments and western society.

The Black Panther villain was literally a black nazi, you mong.

Even then, those guys sold super weapons to gangs and they never destroyed society. Not sure why it would have worked any better if Killkmonger did the same thing after Vulture tried it.

I mean, western governments are already scared shitless of ISIS soooo...

>One on the left constantly spergs out about MUH KANGDOM, MUH CULTURE
>One on the right behaves as an affable middle aged man

>affable middle aged man
>threatening a 15 year old boy with a GUN
Choose

>Things were better in MY day!

oldfag

>loving father threatening his daughter's date
Best dad

That's what middle aged red-blooded American men do.

Considering the amazing shit he and his crew were able to /diy/ with the busted alien tech, Vulture and them could have easily have gotten a job with Shield or Tony.

Look, I'll be honest, Toomes reverting back to casual dad-mode after threatening Peter's life with "now show her a good time... but not too good!" is some solid parenting and a great moment.

Vulture/his underlings were just feeding demand for weapons, with no real stake in what they were used for

Erik was under the delusion that all his black brothers and sisters were just stuck under the thumb of whitey and would achieve miracles the moment they had wakandan dakka. In a better universe we would have gotten to see him break down as he watches the thousand disparate ethnic groups and cliques and gangs he armed just start going at it worse than ever instead of expressing their latent genius/african solidarity and realizing he fucked up

I think it was just The Tinkerer that was doing all/most the work. I mean, did Shocker #1 seem like an engineer?

No wonder chimps like that are going the way of the dodo.

>he doesn't know about shotgun weddings

>he thinks those are affable

Nothing I wouldn't do. Keeps future family members in check.

>that thigh jiggle
nice

I'm not so sure Killmonger really understood what would happen afterward. Gangs with lasers are only really going to shoot at other laser gangs and occasionally rob a store or two. They're not going to form up some super army that will overthrow whitey and forge a new nation for black men everywhere.

What gets me is that you can actually see her move her lip.

Must you?

>I'm not so sure Killmonger really understood what would happen afterward.
He didn't really care.
He was a child lashing out angrily.
They literally turn him into a child for his big spiritual moment. That's how on the nose they were

Except that he sunk all his money into the equipment for the job.

that's kind of the point

killmonger couldn't see the forest from the trees. he thought they'd RISE UP and overthrow their historical oppressors, but he 100% miscalculated, gangbangers with lasers would just be a bigger problem and create an arms race with the police state and cops would be carrying starktech knockoff weapons and it'd be chicago x1000

Killmonger wanted to start a race war just because his black asshole uncle killed his bigger asshole of a father. Killmonger is a shit villain with shit motivation.

Stupid fucking trend, who cares about "muh villain reasons"
Waste of movie time

having shitty motivation doesn't make him a shitty villain

it makes him a good villain because 11 year old erik could never get over it. he's just lashing out but he's in too deep to even realize it. even right down to his last breath, he's a believer in his cause, even though his cause would've failed within 48 hours

T'challa was more the villain for giving Erik the time of day when he arrived in Wakanda. It was after the challenge period was long past, and he was the son of a traitor who himself was a proven murderer who consorted with Wakanda's single biggest side-thorn and forced a CIA agent to be brought to their nation, risking exposure to the world through his antics

There was literally no reason not to have him executed the moment he arrived except >muh guilt and privilege

Allowing it led to lots of deaths and destruction

>48 hours

Lol it would have gone to chaos in ten minutes tops after Tyrone scuffs Daquan's jordans

Even in 2018 MCU Earth, the authorities already have things like Stark repulsars, Chitauri lasers, and tesseract lasers.

I'm not so sure Wakandan sonic guns would help them overthrow governments so easily. It might just make governments quit using conventional guns and start using their extra scifi stuff a whole lot more. Stark shared repulsar technology with SHIELD, who also has a lot of new invented superweapons from the tesseract projects since Avengers 1. And then Hydra, Vulture, Tinkerer, and lots of other guys have Chitauri stuff they have been reverse engineering for years.

I don't see why, if Toomes had a contract with the city/state/government to cleanup after the Battle of New York, that Damage Control wouldn't have either hired, or absorved Toome's crew, or at least bought out their contract so that Toomes wasn't completely SoL.

If they had a contract, they would have been paid. It's possible lawyers got involved, but Shield/Stark Industries has never seemed to have a problem compensating for things they break.

i meant the government response keks

stark would've slapped their shit

This was back when SHIELD was basically a front for HYDRA, and they wanted that sweet sweet alien technology real bad. So it was more likely HYDRA using government paperwork to shove everyone the fuck out of the way so they can claim everything they can under the guise of a benevolent cleanup company. The people talking directly to Toomes probably were HYDRA elites who did not give a fuck about some local level shit kicker and his problems.

also Shield was trying to arm up as much as possible in response to Loki fucking up New Mexico. A Second invasion in NY probably had them shit themselves to get any new technology they could since Earth had now been invaded twice in the same year. They wanted the Chitauri stuff right now and do not care if some other guy was hired by the city too.

>any villain with complexity and a personally justifiable position is not a villain?

Neither killmonger or Vulture are complex or Justifiable at all.

I actually liked Vulture. He was a greedy douche trying to justify his criminal actions by saying it was all for his family. And I liked how he was directly created by Iron Man fucking him over. Had they just let his crew handle the cleanup, maybe Vulture never would have existed, and by extension, Shocker, Scorpion, and other small time crooks would be less dangerous

Fuck off with obvious bait. Killmonger was genocidal black fantasy and vulture was a weapons dealer, tragic backstories doesn’t mean they aren’t evil pieces of shit

>genocidal
Where was he genocidal user?
I'm curious.
Did he say KEEL ALL WYPEOPO in your fantasy or did it actually happen in the movie.

user, this site as a whole hates BP because this site as a whole hates black people. No shit they hated Killmonger, because they hate that people rightfully said that he made a few good points.

This site always exaggerates the hell out of how much he just wanted to lash out at the world.

>arming Black Wakandans with weapons that could topple any governments military
>Freeman’s character stating Killmonger was used to decay societies altogether
>the fucker has bumps to show how many people he’s killed

Yes user, I’m sure he was just pulling a big prank like he was the host of punk’d

And before you samefag yourself again I didn’t hate black panther like you’re trying to strawman, but your bull Killmonger wasn’t a hero either, retard

Wtf
Killmonger is way better as a villain and he should never ever come back. His death scene is the best death scene in the MCU because it was done in a beautiful symbolic way.

What pisses me off is people who try to say you can’t like a villain or people who try to turn a villain into a bitch hero (see Loki). Killmonger has the right amount of edgy goodness. Then again I like likeable edgelords so....

Attached: 77C2FA38-49A7-44DD-B8BC-E96ECCF02D29.jpg (1200x1920, 263K)

Capitalism justifies Vulture.

The thing that seperates Killmonger and the Vulture MCU versions for me is how Killmonger takes lives for very little reason, as for the Vulture he seems very opposed to needless violence. The Vulture to accidentally atomizing the shocker is what always makes me like him, as most villains just kill their henchmen for little to no reason.

>both Wakanda and American black culture fails him
>father is criminal
>makes poor life choices
>grand master plan is to kill white people for revenge
Typical dindunuffin...

Attached: 1485849815433.png (2048x791, 444K)

Are you lost?

In this Yea Forums thread of stupidity? You're not helping.

His grand plan was to arm niggers to kill all non-niggers.
It's literally in the movie.

>KillNigger
Not even remotely relatable or justifiable and Im black. The only thing I find relatable is that I also grew up without a father. Aside from that everything else about him was retarded, motive wise. I mean I can respect that he built himself up from nothing, but his end game of giving out vibratorium nig nogs who neither had his brains, cunning,will, or work ethic would've just amounted to nothing but more nig nogs dying.

>Boomer Vulture
I can actually relate to the guy even though Im not an old fag. Imagine tossing all you savings on a guaranteed dream, just to have some government officials fuck over your big catch all while shit talking you.I'd be pretty fucking pissed, and jaded... The ONLY thing I don't get about him is marrying a nigress

No dude, you missed the point.
He doesn't actually care about that shit. He just wants to use it as an excuse to lash out. That's why he burns the purple flower and why he steals the war mask that isn't wakandan. It's all about his feelings, often in the moment.

>Killmonger
>not a villain
What kind of meme is this?

desu Vulture wasn't that bad, Stark has probably done worse than him in his past

Excuse me but black woman and white man is a top tier pairing and only patricians will understand.

Attached: BE84DED5-C4C3-4F1C-8F37-2B4B16DBED51.jpg (512x512, 46K)

Where?

But he did feel guilty, for what he had just learned of his father. So I dont really blame him for that. Everything was still pretty fresh for him.

This, Ross mentioned that Killmonger was trained to destabilize nations in the exact methods he was utilizing in Wakanda. Sending weapons to the hood only works if the people in the hood get those weapons. Some would but many would go to other parties, causing a war among those with the weapons.

He just wanted to hurt people like they hurt him when he lost his daddy.

>"My dad was killed by the king of wakanda so fuck those who oppress black people let's start a world race war"

>"I have a family I need to support, so I can justify selling alien guns and being a crime lord."

they don't know about SHIELD, it's a covert organization. Meanwhile, they just saw the way the government is in bed with corporations like Stark Industry at the expense of the little guy

>they don't know about SHIELD
Ok so who does the government claim owns the big fucking flying aircraft carrier?

This guy is the only real sympathetic MCU villain
>born disabled
>despite this does all he can to try and improve his circumstances
>work your way up to finally meet the one guy who can get your vision off the ground
>tells you to meet him on the roof and blows you off to get laid
Killian was the GOAT.

Attached: f70e5f5ebdc4ac5375760002d50acd05.jpg (511x773, 32K)

at the time of Avengers, the helicarrier wasn't public knowledge

Assuming it became public knowledge after Winter Soldier, joining wasn't really an option. By Age of Ultron, SHIELD had collapsed

>at the time of Avengers, the helicarrier wasn't public knowledge
user, it wasn't fucking invisible

I remember seeing a "Ursula (The Little Mermaid) wasn't evil because she was fighting against the patriarchy" blog post or something once.

People are fucking dumb.

god, why do most superhero villains suck so much? these two are some of the only decent ones. usually they're just boring ass doomsday mofos who want to end the world for some unrelatable reason, and if you're extremely lucky you'll get a line about their dead wife to pretend they're something other than a waste of a good actor

Attached: 1525206399501.png (938x575, 478K)

>user, it wasn't fucking invisible
I...user

Never forget that some people unironically argued on this very board that Frollo was the hero of HoND

i'm offended you're grouping the black panther shitter with Michael fucking keaton
dunno about the character itself, but michael keaton was fucking great in Homecoming.

How the fuck did a middle aged dude pull off a fur jacket somehow?

I wasn't replying to myself, retard.

What pisses me off is that they might bring him back instead of Klaue when bringing Klaue back would make more sense considering he's BP's archenemy arguably, and comes back from death all the time in the comics.

I never got why Stark’s dad btfo Whiplash’s dad.
“He was just in it for money”. Yeah, like Howard didn’t make shitloads more money by pushing Anton out of the picture.

subconsciously he wants to lash out, but on the surface he isn't aware

he's very in the moment yes, but he's not an idiot, he burns the flowers so he can be the only one who has the panther powers

anton sold his money on the black market for his own personal gain

howard made his money on the up and up by selling it to the US govt/shield as a defense contractor. this was during the cold war as well. obviously, howard is a hypocrite, like all starks, but there is a distinction

Attached: 4585585-12.jpg (656x411, 152K)