Petit Spirou

Anybody else enjoy these french comics?

Attached: petit_spirou_13_45.jpg (1280x1771, 457K)

What a horny kid

>Anybody else enjoy these french comics?
They're OK, I guess.

Attached: IMG_4046.jpg (1694x2400, 1.07M)

I confirm.

Something I've wondered about comics from Latin countries like Chile and France- why are the men always fucking ugly as sin but all the girls are 10/10. Is this a thing there, the men are sacks of shit but have mad game so it doesn't matter what they look like, or is it simply the gag running up against the desire to draw cute girls?

American here who’s in love with mainline Spirou comics but doesn’t get the allure of this spinoff kid version of him

I was about to type out the same! All the men always look like horrible goblin creatures but womed are drawn all super sexy with nice proportions and everything

I'm guessing it's just cos they are drawn by horny straight men, so when they draw women they go for sexy and when they draw men they try to make them funny looking?

While that’s mainly true adult Spirou is hot everyone else needs to fight me

Ugly men are funnier (and easier to draw) than handsome men. That's a universal truth.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1148x1600, 459K)

You can laugh at an ugly man. You don't laugh at an ugly woman, you don't want to see it at all, it's just off-putting for everybody.

Someone post the comic where Spirou explores his childhood friend's post-puberty body.

>he hasn't seen Petit Spirou's tranny aunt

I laugh at ugly women generously in real life and fiction alike. It's a cornerstone of British humour in fact, see Python and the pantomime tradition.

It's actually the fact that a sexy woman is good bait for humour when mixed in with greasy unpleasant men, and less so when it's a gorgeous man and a gaggle of hags. Or is it? Maybe it's just the male writers and readership, which cannot be helped.

Wasn't there an animated movie about him paying to feel up some girl's breasts, or am I thinking of some other frog cartoon?

I would, but I think all my archives are gone and can't remember where I downloaded the volumes of Petit Spirou. Which is a shame because I felt like translating some of the later volumes for fun.

>It's a cornerstone of British humour in fact
Is it anymore?

That's Titeuf. Not too fan of the artstyle desu.

Those are some skimpy panties the little girl is wearing.

I adore them. I was introduced to them when I couldn't read French, so the art has always stood out to me, but it does such a great job that I usually always found something to laugh at.
(I also have no clue if they added a shifting timeline at all, or if they ever did, but I distinctly remember that one later book had a cell phone in a joke, and that shit does not belong in Petit Spirou. If they've doubled down on adding technology, or if that was always an element and I just missed it, then I'm really disappointed in the book)

Attached: PETIT_SPIROU_Double.jpg (1200x852, 156K)

is milhouse gay?

>Spirou's mom is what is she
>Dad has no identity

>sexy teacher has no self-confidence
It's just like one of my Japanese animes.

He is mah sister, so probably.

Ma Soeur you mean.

>spirous dad face is never shown.
Its the gag and to avoid showing spirous face.

Attached: 2594.jpg (2400x3210, 3.42M)

Attached: 2639.jpg (2430x3486, 2.59M)

I want more miss Chiffre.

Attached: la+maîtresse+du+petit+spirou.jpg (644x698, 251K)

Attached: 2646.jpg (2436x3480, 1.69M)

Who doesn't?

Attached: 2682.jpg (2295x3348, 2.87M)

Attached: 2686.jpg (2251x3352, 3M)

Attached: 2697.jpg (2331x3392, 2.66M)

Attached: 2716.jpg (2425x3494, 1.36M)

Attached: 2726.jpg (2450x1746, 1.2M)

I hate that france of all countries dropped what it was doing to make imitation manga

It's not even that the manga style is bad; it's one of the most appealing styles out there. It's that france had a really appealing style already and didn't need to change anything.

Why couldn't it have happened to a country like America who made ugly comics with dumb stories? It's like using a powerful healing item on a dude who's only taken .5 damage.

Attached: 1540229709442.jpg (296x529, 21K)

Attached: 2749.jpg (2414x3494, 1.64M)

Attached: 2757.jpg (2430x3487, 1.67M)

Attached: De2bCzMXcAAr-Ex.jpg (1400x1994, 697K)

Attached: 2761.jpg (2436x3489, 1.64M)

Based Joel.

Attached: 2772.jpg (2424x3492, 2.39M)

Attached: 2781.jpg (2423x3483, 2.36M)

I like the official comics more.

Attached: SpirouRobbedoes19.jpg (240x329, 66K)

Attached: 2828.jpg (1687x2400, 1.76M)

>I'm guessing it's just cos they are drawn by horny straight men
They were drawing themselves and using their experiences of rejection as comedy.

Attached: 2833.jpg (1690x2400, 866K)

Attached: 2837.jpg (1704x2400, 1.96M)

You want a spin-off of a spin-off?

Attached: 2846.jpg (1694x2400, 885K)

>Detected possible malicious code in image file.
Bullshit.

Attached: 2855.jpg (1674x2400, 1.29M)

Attached: 2868.jpg (2430x3483, 1.99M)

Fucking catholicucks, I swear.

Attached: 2900.jpg (2434x3489, 1.2M)

Attached: 2906.jpg (2446x3475, 1.66M)

Attached: 2915.jpg (2433x3481, 1.34M)

Attached: 2932.jpg (2434x3449, 1.75M)

How did Petit Spirou grow up to be regular Spirou? They're very different characters.

Attached: 2935.jpg (2417x3450, 2M)

Attached: 2950.jpg (2381x3463, 1.82M)

Attached: 2977.jpg (2435x3484, 2.51M)

Attached: 3000.jpg (2297x3368, 1.28M)

Attached: 3031.jpg (2417x3450, 3.46M)

...and that's all the covers I have.

Attached: 3058.jpg (2406x3468, 1.7M)

I enjoyed the Adventures of adult Spirou and his friend Fantasio way more.
Especially the quality of the Franquin era is on par with Asterix, Tintin and Lucky Luke. The Grand Budapest Hotel is basically it's spiritual successor, except they don't die at the end.

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fen%2Fe%2Fee%2FSpirou-ensemble1.jpg&f=1.jpg (270x247, 26K)

>Rasta kid is El Presidente

I fucking love the linework in these, sexy as fuck

to recap it all, leaving aside that people can become very different as they grow up:

-Petit Spirou is only really in sync with Tome & Janry's version, which is indeed the goofiest Spirou and shown in several books to occasionally display an interest in girls, even though he's been politely keeping his distances. Additionally, Tome mentioned young Spirou's interest in girls is basically the manifestation of the same adventurous side he'll later display in his life.

-that also means T&J stopped trying to be in sync once the big Spirou wasn't handled by them anymore (which is also why the setting shifted from the 70s to modern times. that also opens up the joke option where there's two distinct petit spirou timelines and in the second he's actually a different character from the big spirou, which is why little spirou and his friends appear in a panel of Machine qui rêve)

-Spirou, as far as his childhood is concerned, is an unreliable narrator. This is the very first notion introduced in the first story, as he mentions the bellhop costume is how he sees himself but possibly not how he really was. It follows that all those tales may be exaggerated or deformed.

-It's been hinted at several times by the authors, both in and outside of the comics that at some point in his late teens Spirou got into a fight with Vertignasse over Suzette, which ended with him losing both of his closest friends, which is why he's been staying away from romance ever since. It may also have revealed Vertignasse's villainous side (it runs in his family) and motivated Spirou's heroic career although there's much less evidence for that than the romance thing.

Attached: janry-scan-3gxx.jpg (900x1029, 120K)

>Someone post the comic where Spirou explores his childhood friend's post-puberty body.

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x1892, 608K)

Attached: 2.jpg (1280x1892, 636K)

Attached: 3.jpg (1280x1892, 595K)

Attached: 4.jpg (1280x1892, 586K)

Attached: 5.jpg (1280x1892, 492K)

Is it pedophilia if the girl (13-14 probably) want to lewd the boy (6)?

Attached: 6.jpg (1280x1892, 625K)

Yes

Supposedly they're only one year apart.

Also, for the anecdote, this is autobiographical, from the writer.

Yes
She just knows how hot he’ll be later on though

You sure? Spirou is supposed 6 canonically and she's likely at the very least 12.

Like everything else there's never any clear indication of his age or what grade he's in and it basically varies based on the needs on the comics. Across the books, and in no coherent order, he's had courses from the whole french primary school cursus, and there's one strip where it's implied he's entered puberty, so he's 6 to 12 depending on a given strip's needs and the authors are deliberately keeping it fuzzy.

Is it the same thing for the older version too?

I'm French and I'm 100% sure his age and grade are mentioned several times in the book. He's supposedly 6 and in first grade. Hence why I stated "6" in my other post.

Any french speakers know how to pronounce Spirou? I read it as a kid but never knew how to read its name.

the adult version's got the sliding timescale thing going on, so he's been mistaken for a bellboy during one of Ronald Reagan's stays in Paris, helped a russian who had escaped the USSR, been to the USSR to help the KGB, he's also seen the rise of the transistor, supervised his publisher's website, witnessed the first landing on the moon by a mad scientist's team before the americans did it, all that during his early 20s. In his teens he was living during, or just after, the nazi occupation.

So you can't really make sense of the timeline that way. As for his age, originally he was a teen and it progressively shifted to early 20s once he started being a globe-trotting adventurer, though this is never explictly said either.

>Any french speakers know how to pronounce Spirou?
I'm guessing,

Spee - rue

It's pronounced Robbedoes

Dad dreaming about not being there.

That's how I've been pronouncing it as well

Reread any of the 17 books and you'll see it isn't that easy. Books about the movie don't count as the original authors weren't involved.

>that also opens up the joke option where there's two distinct petit spirou timelines and in the second he's actually a different character from the big spirou, which is why little spirou and his friends appear in a panel of Machine qui rêve)

No... That's not what's being hinted at all. Look at that panel again... There's no kid who looks like Spirou but there is one who sort of looks like Vertignasse and one that resembles Suzette. Also note the mother in the background whose face we do not get to see. Refer to the final point you made in your post and do the math.

The latest volume has him state his age as 8, IIRC

Tome & Janry have outright said in an interview that it's a cameo of little spirou, suzette and vertignasse

Attached: SPOOK.jpg (426x321, 43K)

I do like when the comic makes fun of Spirou's timescale and his existence as a comic book character inside the comic book.

Like how one soldier couldn't shoot him since the regiment has had a subscription to Spirou since the 1950s.

Well...

Attached: dimorphism_UDUx161.jpg (760x596, 226K)

>adult spirou has no reflection

OH NO NO NO NO NO

Pity the fan scans for Spirous stopped, the Cinebook ones are depressingly bland in content.

Explains the weird age timeline confusion

I like Franquin.

>Hot Mom
>Hot Teacher
>Lolis

When Spirou weg?

speeroo

post more and I'll translate them

That's not adult spirou, that's spirou's dad. The joke is that since he's never seen from the front, he possibly can't be seen from the front

Is there a place where to get the latest raws?

Libgen.io maybe?

Going through them all there's the latest book where he says he's 8 and 3/4 (that is, when he isn't 25 since that book also has him aged up in a different version from normal Spirou) and in older books one where he says something that implies he's 6, and that's the only two mentions of his age in all of 17 books.

Other age mentions are that the big bully in early strips is 9 and 1/2 and Suzette is less than 9. But then you run into things like Vertignasse's sister being a teen who wants to study to become a nurse in book 2 but she's become a teacher, colleague of miss Chiffre in book 4, two books before the Marine story, so if you really want to take the timeline seriously instead of just his age and the general setting being super fuzzy then you have to account for those things.

I remember when French and Belgian comics was big in Denmark in the 1980's.

Attached: _74672452_eurovision_63.jpg (660x371, 50K)

Modern British "humour" is mischling continental-Americo knockoff crap and liberal guilt posturing. And there's STILL a lot of "my mum's a harridan" jokes.

Not sure, this seems to happen a lot in history. Perhaps France as a whole got bored of its own native styles and went on a bender of a different one? Or at least someone decided to, on France's behalf.

Watched the GBH a few days ago, I'm on a Wes Anderson bender. Took the time to pause it and read all the newspaper entries. That film gets better with every reviewing.

British humor has very little to do with mainstream American humor. I guess you're sperging out because the IT Crowd and stuff like that is kind of tangentially similar to The Office, but if you are not British then British humor is clearly a distinct and extremely odd when looking outside in. Lots of dry sarcasm.

>FUCK
>MANGA

Wakfu is made by a single company, Spirou is Belgian not French, most French comics like Le Sisters or Dad are un-mangalike and more similar to Franco-Canadian comics like Les Nombrils (is that correct? I thought Les was masculine but the bellybuttons themselves are grills. Seems odd).

In any case you're bitching you don't like a specific company, because you're a retard.

Basically for the last 20 years manga has made up about 70% of comics sales in France and french authors want in. There's also the fact tons of french authors grew up with manga in the first place, too, so naturally that has shaped their way of doing things.

That whole thing happened because a lot of franco-belgian comics were also ugly comics with dumb stories, too, it's just that Yea Forums's usually spared most of them.

The main Spirou series is mostly dead commercially, they never really recovered from the post T&J shift, Dad is basically a non-presence on shelves. Les Sisters and Les Nombrils do get some exposure but apart from the great old classics that've been there for 50 years or more most titles tend to be buried under an avalanche of animu wannabes and young adult adventures in bookstores.

>american telling people how the european market works
yikes

I know, right? Only foreigners would think that something like Dad is even vaguely pertinent to the market

Plz post a DL link or torrent of all these in english

I think only three are translated.

Dang, was looking forward to diving in
Time to learn French I guess

There's always Melusine. It's not as funny but it's ok.

Attached: Melusine_T16-digital-39.jpg (1920x2644, 1.2M)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-12.jpg (1395x1920, 1.01M)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-08.jpg (1395x1920, 1M)

this raises some anime physics question there

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-19.jpg (1395x1920, 956K)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-03.jpg (1395x1920, 986K)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-28.jpg (1395x1920, 793K)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-10.jpg (1395x1920, 998K)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-32.jpg (1395x1920, 967K)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-04.jpg (1395x1920, 939K)

Melusine was one of the first, if not my first waifu, good times.

>Spirou
>French

Attached: 2CF1AB52-D47D-4810-BB50-1BA3528BB80B.png (476x234, 78K)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-29.jpg (1395x1920, 1.06M)

Attached: Melusine_T09-digital-07.jpg (1395x1920, 942K)

Attached: Melusine_T14-digital-14.jpg (1920x2644, 1.56M)

Attached: Melusine_T14-digital-31.jpg (1920x2644, 1.73M)

Attached: Melusine_T12-digital-09.jpg (1162x1600, 703K)

Attached: Melusine_T12-digital-24.jpg (1162x1600, 753K)

Attached: Melusine_T12-digital-41.jpg (1162x1600, 381K)

Radiant is at least rehashing shonen with a slightly different process

Look up Kaskus

Where were you when you found out Spirou was a weeb

Attached: AD06FA91-64B5-4E83-8AAB-22734DB33B5E.jpg (435x365, 54K)

WTF are you talking about ?

I remember "Les Sisters" has one of the girls use the word "kawaii" non-ironically.

Attached: Presse-papiers-28.jpg (1075x1464, 206K)

Random translation I made a few years ago.

Attached: Sister Siren.jpg (2271x3296, 2.36M)

You haven't been paying to modern British humour in the slightest. Where do you come from?

How exactly did that dress come off like that without any torn straps, or tearing her shoulders while we're at it? Could she have been wearing anything and the principle of constant mild erotic teasing in everything made by France would have caused it to come perfectly loose? Where are her underpants? The queries build up.

Attached: 1543602014934.jpg (562x419, 34K)

>thing I don't like isn't popular
>this is horrible

>our humor isn't dryly sarcastic, how dare you insinuate that!

Yea Forums britfag humor being autistic pictures of fat chavs doesn't count, friendo.

It isn't anymore, this is why I'm positive you've not been paying attention or are actually just a spakker.

Have you got the picture form the combined spines? It’s supposed to be Spirou and Suzette running into each other.

Thank you, user, I’ve never seen the covers before.

>REE OUR HUMOR IS DIFFERENT NOW DO YOU HEAR ME

Not from where I stand it isn't.

Well by all means, point out one modern British comic that embodies the quality of humour my nation used to have.

In Germany too.
Now they are actually hard to get.