>Only superhero to get a billion without appearing in a prior movie

Attached: 34324.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

user...

Attached: judy1384.jpg (400x400, 20K)

INCELS BTFO

>movie before an Avengers film makes a lot of money
Am I supposed to be surprised?

Attached: 88EEA79E-739B-405E-98F8-A409FC4E5DE0.jpg (480x300, 22K)

>furry retard has no idea what words mean so shits up a thread with his shitty disney movie

Neat I guess.

It's nearly like price tickets reach all time high every year for the past 10 years now

uhhhhh

no bitch

Attached: hawkeye.0.jpg (1200x800, 65K)

>a hero
>no prior movie
>makes a billion dollars
>it doesn't count because it's an anthromorphic rabbit.

Take away the Marvel/MCU name and it'll have half of what it made. What's your point of this thread, faggot?

for coping retards like you

This

SUPERhero you fucking moron

Take away the "boycotters" and it would have made 950M, their constant screeching and attention giving just helped the movie out

This

Add the DC name and it'll have a quarter of that

Judy isn’t just Super. She’s super duper

>she doesn't have laser hands so it doesn't count

Wow Marveldrones are retards who will eat up literally any shit imaginable.
WHAT A SURPRISE!

You are retarded, the "Boycotters" aren't even known except by screeching internet autists.

Wait doesn't Black Panther count?

Do you retards realize you talked so much about this movie you actually promoted it? Hell, they probably were expecting you useful idiots to do half their marketing effort for free.

Attached: NHGieLnU_400x400.png (208x208, 82K)

And then everybody clapped. user you're celebrating a multi billion dollar company making more money an event that will never have any direct impact on your life, is your life this empty?

He was in Civil War before his movie, and actually had an arc in that one.

Maybe $150 mil of that is real money. The rest is Disney buying tickets from itself and calling it a smash success.

She was advertised in Infinity War. She didn't appear but was made out to be important

your welcome

Attached: tumblr_n5jt0gHqIc1rrl12ro7_250.gif (245x160, 1.82M)

I don't think they would have greenlit it if they weren't reasonably sure it'd be profitable.

Attached: 14c.jpg (207x253, 8K)

Fake sales numbers are a marketing tactic that's used constantly in the music business. When you pretend hard enough that something is a hit, FOMO (fear of missing out) spreads and you get actual sales. This is probably not even the first time it's been used with movies, just the most blatant case.

>M-Marveldrones!
This is ironic because if you were nearly as dedicated as these "drones" you deride, Shazam wouldn't be on its way to flop the way it's gonna.
Sorry sorry, not flop, "underperform". I forgot there's always a silver lining when it comes to DC's failures.

>Makes a thread about Captain Feminist
>Haha! You guys are doing Disney's work for them! xD
Literal Retard/10

>single handedly made incels and DCucks burst to tears for the years to come

Based Carol.

>When you pretend hard enough that something is a hit, FOMO (fear of missing out) spreads and you get actual sales.
You could spin this around and say that if you pretend hard enough that something is a failure (the way you're doing), any excuse and absurd notion is valid to dismiss its success. As if "buying theaters" was even a feasible strategy.

juat like the white woman to ignore the black man's success and take it for their own. Black panther did it first.

nope this happened for Aquaman.
Sorry, sorry. And never stop being mad you little cuck

Time will be the ultimate test. If they plan to make CM the new face of the MCU we’ll eventually learn if it will do the same thing the last Jedi did to star wars.

I’d take her for a female superhero over Carol

>Take away the brand and Snickers wont sell as much

The worst thing about this site is how you dumbasses think you're smart.

CM wouldnt actually, spidey will be.

You know now that you mention it, it's kind of weird how all these superhero movies are making insane amounts of bank lately.

Captain Marvel being such a sudden and quick success is weird, but I'll chalk it up to Endgame hype and goodwill for the MCU.

Venom make more than the last Sony Spider-Man movie and almost as much as the MCU movie, and Sony doesn't have the same audience appeal as the MCU. But Spider-Man and Venom are popular, and maybe people wanted to support Sony's cinematic universe.

Aquaman made a billion, despite the Justice League being a flop, the DCEU being very mixed, and the character being unpopular. (People knew about him, but not many loved him.) Though I can also chalk this up to people being curious about the character's appeal and why he's so important, and Justice League's flaws could be chalked up to its well-known development problems.

I can see why they had an audience, but I don't know. It's just weird to me how these movies make as much as they did. I doubt it's some conspiracy, as Sony probably would have shilled Spider-Verse harder as well.

>If you don't watch our movie you hate women!
Yeah, wonder why it made so much?

Someone explain this meme to me.

You guys did this shit with Black Panther and failed. Why dont you show some proof?

Black Panther was in Civil War
Avengers had their own solo movies
Aquaman was in Justice League

black panther had his own standalone movie dip shit.

Superhero fatigue is a myth, it's still the current craze and isn't dying anytime soon

But what about get woke go broke?

No user, Judy's actually a good character

Yea Forums shitters unironically supporting furries to take on Carol.
Based Larson, is there anything she can't do?

Yeah but he made his debut in Civil War...which also got a billion lmao. But yeah, she was the first superhero to get a solo movie with no prior appearances and get a billion

>A movie propped up by over a decade of globally popular blockbusters and a household name made money

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit

Attached: 1523925278651.jpg (264x292, 28K)

>Yea Forums
Literally this marvel shitposting is Yea Forums and us on the cartoon side have wanted you company war fucks off this board forever

Funny how you miss that little detail. However I could contest that Samuel L Jackson using the Beeper to summon her was a cameo for her so technically she was

Cheddar Larson really resonates with privileged white girls huh

But Furmunda is such a good role model

One is an animated movie
The other is not
Fuck off to wherever you slimed out of you fucking thing

That's an Easter egg. It's like saying Doctor Strange was in Winter Soldier just because his name was mentioned.

Still was in a prior movie, and it wasn't an Easter egg it was an end credit scene that always shows the next movie so checkmate.

This needs to be emphasized.

Captain Marvel didn't earn a billion by herself. Her movie was the two-dozenth film in a franchise that had proven to viewers to be consistently worth the ticket price. The film was billed on its franchise connections (Fury, Coleson, Kree, Skrulls, etc) and it was promoted as a must-see before the *next* movie in the franchise, potentially the most anticipated movie of all time.

And I'm not Carol-bashing. I'm a fan of the character and found to the movie to be serviceable. Black Panther had the same benefits that got it to its 1bil total. All the movies have been chronologically edging upwards in box office receipts, a rising tide lifts all ships.

Nope!

I didn't realize people were forced at gunpoint to watch the movie.
Cue anons saying there's "proof" of "ghost showings" and then linking to that one BIC article of an unnamed theatre manager in an unnamed town, at some unnamed concession, at an unnamed day, claiming there's evidence of "statistical unlikeliness".

Yep

>animated movies don't belong
>Yea Forums
are you lost?

KEK The only film ever censored the internet cause people didn't like it, the film has made us think seriously Disney bought their own tickets

Thor made a billion?

Based retard

It helps that 3/4 of the cast already did

I'm just sad it didn't make 2 billion, to teach idiots a lesson about how hard disney used them.

You do realise Disney would get in major trouble for committing a big fraud like that? Not to mention they wouldn't get any benefit from pulling such a risky stunt regardless...Not to mention this didn't happen with other Disney flops like Solo or Wrinkle in Time, Carol isn't special in the eyes of Disney except for how much money she makes

Truth be told I think they would love to be used

What is the appeal of movie Danvers when her comic incarnation is so awful and couldn't draw a dime?

>Carol Danvers
>hero

>What is the appeal of movie Danvers

She was told she couldn't play baseball
But then
She played baseball

>>Stop badmouthing stuff. let only the Shills talk about it
Yep because nobody knew a Captain Marvel movie existed before people on Yea Forums started shitting on it.

>laws
please user, the congress has giving them copyrights for a product should have been public domain since the 90's, almost 100 years instead of 75 and it doesn't look like they're gonna to lose those rights.

Of course Disney has used all kind of fraud, like a couple years ago when they were buying their own comicbooks to inflate the numbers cause the sales sunk when they replaced all the main characters of their stories at the same time. They sent books to the stores the owners hadn't solicited too cause when they sent the books, those units were added to the sales though they weren't selling them at all

>What is the appeal of movie Danvers
Nothing. She's boring as fuck, and the character doesn't really change since her powers at the end are just her powers from the beginning but unlocked. They're no stuggle, no challenge, no evolution, nothing.
She's bland and men were mean to her when she was younger...

*sank

>Of course Disney has used all kind of fraud, like a couple years ago when they were buying their own comicbooks to inflate the numbers
This actually never happened though, why are you lying? What Marvel (not "Disney") did was overshipping, sending more books than requested. They also stopped doing this a while ago, by the way (not that you care).

incels must be having a meltdown over on /pol/

>incels
landwhale plz

Attached: tumblr_inline_ndkgzizpCw1rtdvxt.jpg (500x748, 115K)

shhhh. Let the Carolfags enjoy their ignorance

They caught them user, Disney was sending books to their parks but cause Diamond was delivering those books those were added as sold units besides overshipping is fraud too cause it inflates the numbers

>They also stopped doing this a while ago, by the way
Because everybody was complaining and nobody

*and nobody believed in those Marvel numbers anymore

>They caught them user
You pretend as if this was some grand conspiracy, when in turn was simply adding to the orders with explicit numbers. And no, those weren't reported as sold units, Diamond explicitly separates shipped from sold. These were only shipped.
We went through this in 2017, and was thoroughly debunked then.

It's still a mediocre movie, regardless of the box office. The only problem here is that disney will make more of these purely for the jewgold in the future because everyone keeps paying attention to it

>as if this was some grand conspiracy,
No, it was just a good trick to inflate the numbers, overshipping worked for a while and then the parks "bought" comicbooks that were indeed reported as sales. It was a great trick really but they bought their own comics

>then the parks "bought" comicbooks that were indeed reported as sales
The "parks" are not Disney the company. And this only happened for very specific comics that were sold there, of which I can only remember one (a GOTG ride). The rest is speculative bullshit as usual.
Why is it that one ends up doing all the research for retards like yourself who come up with conspiratorial nonsense in order to shut you out?

>The "parks" are not Disney the company
Disney owns Marvel, Disney's parks "bought" Marvel comicbooks, Disney bought its comics

>Very specific comics
Of course those they wanted to inflate

Id rather fuck Judy than Brie

Attached: 1400195554055.jpg (500x400, 51K)

yiff in hell

I like that you can always expect a response like this whenever you make a comparison against Brie Larson, it's like they have to one-up themselves to posture about how much they hate her.
You can post a bag of manure and someone will sweep in and say
>"HURR JUST POKE A HOLE IN IT AND I'LL FUCK IT, BUT I AIN'T GETTING ANYWHERE BRIE LARSON"
It's sadly predictable, and on top of that, when you point out this idiotic behavior, the response is always "SHILL, SHILL, CAROLFAGGGGG" while the only ones obsessed about finding the most minuscule flaws like teen girls making fun of the prom queen are them.
Wait hold on, just so you don't get confused: I am NOT calling her a "queen", it was a simile. I'm clarifying so you don't get your panties in a twist about it.

All BP had for connections was BP himself though

You sure are mad about someone talking about some actress

Let's not forget the state-of-the-art marketing strategies provided by one of the biggest media companies on the planet. These movies could be pretty much anything and they'd still make 600+ million dollars guaranteed.

Oh NOW I'm mad? Not the guy who said he'd rather fuck a cgi rabbit? Okay then.

Nah, he sounds like a furfag but not mad. You though, you definitely sound mad.

You do know you're saying this in a thread with the claim that her smile was CGI? With retards like Grace Randolph repeating it for her thirsty audience to parrot? After months of the same bullshit?
But sure, I'm "mad". Every other faggot obsessed about her toes and her flat ass is collected, rational and redpilled to the brink.

Not that user but I agree with the principle. Brie's so bland and basic that 90% of comparisons aren't in her favour. Saldana, Olsen, Gillan, Amy Adams, etc

Are we adjusting for inflation because 1989 Batman gross $500m in 89 which is $1b by todays standards.

In the topic: Megacorporations keep making lots of money.

Nah, Han Solo or Princess of Mars couldn't be saved no matter how much advertisement was put into those shows.

You're not really proving me wrong here. Being defensive of some random rich Hollywood woman makes about as much sense as obsessing over her out of hate.

Batman 60s had a movie

Her movie crawled slowly to the billion unopposed by legit popular movies and in some slow movie weeks. It was going to happen due to the fact people really didn't have much to see

>Applauding megacorporations for making more money than (You) for chewed down mass media
Jesus, not even cucks are that pathetic

Attached: 1541635100474.gif (250x231, 875K)

I'm not defending her, I'm only pointing out how stupid these areguments are and all you resort is to say I'm mad, a shill, a carolfag and a defender. I'm neither of these things and it's LITERALLY what I said would happen in the first post It's fucking predictable, see:

>She's super generic, you can put Caitlyn Jenner in a blonde wig and she would have more expression and charisma than Brie!!!!!

The same contrarians who insisted this was going to flop cream their pants whenever a DC movie does decently, so I don't see why it can't go both ways

I heartedly agree, user. Calling either company better than the other because how much money they make regardless of the quality is idiotic.

The funny thing is you're right
>Brie phoning in a performance for cash is fine
At least the others that have been there for multi film contracts try to be entertaining. Gillen and Saldana would have given different performances if they'd been cast as each others' characters. *Anyone* could have phoned in Carl the way Brie did

>spins my argument around just to try and come out on top with his bullshit
Well aren't you clever.

It’s success has nothing to do with acting, characters, or even plot. It did well by association, in this case being in the MCU. That’s the hilarity of the situation; her success will always be because of other work

Why, thanks. I decided to make something worthwhile out of the words you put in my mouth. One of us had to

>I'm not mad or defending her
>The mad user said as they defended her

Troll post but why not. It was also heavily marketed and touted as a movie to watch before the biggest marvel movie ever since they shoehorned her in it. Finally people wanted woke points and so they watched it multiple times and there were even go fund me stuff for sending girls to see this movie. Not saying the movie was bad, it was just mediocre and boring at times. I would say it is equal with the first Thor movie or maybe Iron man 2. I didn't hate those movies but I sure as shit didn't love em.

Yeah, I'm sure she's crying her eyes out as we speak.

Oh I don’t imply Disney gives two shits. They print money on a daily basis. No, I’m talking about the retards on twitter thinking this was some sort of cultural milestone like Black Panther

>Princess of Mars?
That's an asylum movie, do you mean John Carter? Disney intentionally killed that movie for tax returns or something. How heavily was Solo advertised? Certainly not to the extent of Captain Marvel, I don't recall ever seeing an ad for it in my country.

>Black Panther
>cultural milestone

Attached: 1550099466523.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

They didn't learn that lesson with Star Wars 7, some of them learned with 8. Most of them still won't learn it with 9.

>Han Solo or Princess of Mars couldn't be saved no matter how much advertisement was put into those shows.

Ironic, because the reason why Solo didn't do as well as it should've is purely because it lacked the proper marketing. If it had been advertised

Exactly. Oscar worthy my ass

Attached: Judy - Sweatshirt 01.jpg (438x533, 33K)

You have to be living under a rock to think it didn't

You know there are quicker ways to let everyone know you're mentally challenged.

Either people who are so divorced from reality that they think a company would buy millions of tickets for it's own films in a huge conspiracy rather than accept that just maybe people went and watched the film.

Either that, or they're trolling. Problem with pretending to be a retard is that you look like a retard even if you are just pretending.

Well yeah i guess thats pretty impressive, usually you can only go so far without a previous appearence. Guess women-lead movies really do sell, huh

Except
>Enforced teaser as the post-cred in Infinity War, which every paying customer gladly waited to see
>'Captain Marvel is MCUs literal god(dess), she will defeat Thanos and replace all those filthy cis-male whitey leads in the future MCU, and all the other crap every media-outlet spewed
>Intersectional promotional campaign ensuring the first 3-400 million on the diehard lowlife-fanbase who subscribe to that shit
who knows how much of the 450+ opening weekend was on the empty theaters
>Literally stuffed into the context of EVERY MCU-movie to assure maximum brand-power from the strongest media franchise currently running

It was born to succeed entirely on account of what kind of product it is. Its a mediocre movie who rode on its precursors fame and the media shilling. Ill give it, it suprises me that it went beyond 800 million, but then again what do i care? I don´t judge a movie by its earnings

SEETHING

Attached: D0oeA0xUYAARN3r.jpg large.jpg (734x918, 116K)

It's amazing what #woke advertising can get people to support.

Based furfag

Pretty much a league of ladderbros

Jesus, the state of fat lardguzzling murricunts is insane. Most action movies can barely cross a few hundred million, but this crosses a billion?
What the fuck do people like about Marble movies so much?
The effects are cheap, the fight choreography is worse than Power Rangers, there's no real sense of danger of tension, no real sense of action.
Fat fucking retards really is the best way to describe Americans

No one is making good enough action movies/events anymore besides capes, which is a bit sad cause we're well past saturation point. The only true flop from the big 2 in the last what 7 or 8 years was JL. It's an endless stream of CBMs and rising ticket prices. And now we're gonna get a slate of social justice and woke and muh representation flicks coming up. It'll soon be a herd of literal who's no one actually cares about getting top dollar because pandering is a horrible that's been shown to work.

user, we're talking about people who have been tricked into believing that throwing money at rich executives and stars is fighting some brave cultural fight for the oppressed. They literally donated to a charity to give money to Disney to give kids movie tickets. These are not bright people.

Seconded. If live action and bait threads could all fuck off itd be lovely.

Did Ant-Man and The Wasp make a billion?

Have sex

Living off the hype from the previous Infinity War and the upcoming Endgame.