Captain Marvel One Billion

How did this happen?

Attached: 57116590-6EE5-4579-A663-D9458FED9A74.jpg (1242x1298, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Variety/status/1113472700784287745
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2018a.htm
boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/
arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/disney-makes-a-bigger-ask-of-theaters-than-ever-before-with-the-last-jedi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disney funneling money into its own products

Why don't you ask the experts over at Yea Forums? They've dug into every frame of the movie for the whole month, they must know something.

By being a good movie that people want to actually see

Next you'll ask how it was possible for Shazam to bomb

Yea Forums is a bubble. General audiences liked it

>Scott Mendelson
What a surprise...

Some of it was money laundering. People on social media were posting about people buying shit tons of fucking tickets with thousands of dollars of cash. I wonder how many movies do this.

>they must know something.
You would think

lol

>good
Lol

Beats me. I found it painfully mediocre

Most people arent on Yea Forums reading about how Brie wants all white men to die or whatever.

they literally bought their own tickets.
Wait for the yearly result publishing after taxes and "extra cost" to parade, tranny.

>Incels said this movie was gonna flop
When will they learn?

Endgame hype
General audiences were pretty "meh" about it. To be fair, Disney realized that bad movies can ride along other things like big events or more hyped movies, which is why i expect the aequel to be a hit, if they make it around stuff marveldrones and normies want, like introducing the mutants

Care to post proof?

Ladderbro bought 100 tickets.

>people will use this as a “HAHA WOMYN POWER” thing like what happened with Black Panther
>while back in reality, it’s because it’s the final movie before an Avengers movie

Attached: ECF5C586-0897-4337-936D-E6C619E582DC.jpg (575x411, 34K)

>still not being a True Believer
>in 2019

>bad movies can ride along other things like big events or more hyped movies
Then why didn't Ant-Man 2 reach 1 billion too?

>Good movie
retard.
>Endgame hype
This.

Ant-Man 2 wasn't a prequel to the most anticipated crossover movie of all time.

It had a woman in the poster, people don't go to see those.

>Still not eating your infinity wars blu-ray
>in 2019

Yeah, how?

Attached: 1547575719992.jpg (1080x1337, 514K)

This is the most baffling fucking thing on Earth.
Don't give them something like clothes or food.

Give them money that they'll give to Disney.

You fucking weirdos.

Basically proof that Marveldrones are sick in the head and are part of a giant cult.

Disney literally buying tickets from itself to artificially inflate the numbers. It's a completely mainstream tactic in the music industry, and Disney's innovation is to bring it to movies.

>By being a good movie that people want to actually see
No one who has seen it has called it good. The highest praise people can give it is "it's okay I guess". And this is from people who deepthroat Marvel's dick 24/7.

Attached: 1376400243887.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

The only baffling thing about it is that some people are stupid enough to fall for it.

Eh the ladies and normies in my office said it's bad/so so

>SJW movie makes a billion
>therefore Marvel will make more
I don't see how this is a winning party.

they lied to people pretending it would be obligatory to get Avenger's ending.
Then they announced this weak it was filler trash in the end.
But the disney slaves are obedient and faithful, they will tell you they made the good choice for their glorious leaders.

would it be any less if they just sent children in general? I mean what is their to gain just sending girls?

Inflated sales figures, fake charities, tax writeoff schemes, and inflated importance in relation to their final Avengers movie.

There's nothing legitemately $1 Billion about this "Mediocre" "meh"-fest what so ever.

You also gotta wonder how all the behind-the-scenes costs and payoffs dented the profit margin on this.

You do know they do these sorts of things for every blockbuster?

A It's capeshit
B It's muh female capeshit
It's still a bad movie, like WW and all the other capeshit

>still living rent free
>in your head
>in 2019

No they don't. Black Panther was the first one and this is the second.

I know someone tried to do it for Shazam but it failed horribly

just like Shazam

You go girl!

>the virgin normie
>the chad incel

That is so depressing.

Name any other movie that opened during the first or second weekend. Now inflate the ticket price to today’s level. That’s how.

In terms of viewers, it’s still probably something like Gone With the Wind, which was an event movie for forty years before home video came along. I doubt any modern movie comes close adjusted for inflation, except maybe Titanic.

I’m really curious as to the old rumours where the executives were iffy on making CM the face of the MCU depending on her reception. If they were just going to buy her success then I doubt there was any dilemma as someone at Disney was dead set on making her the next big thing.

>inflated importance
This is the only true part of your post. Everything else is literal fake news.

Inflation. 1 billion is the new 100 million.

Just because the President thinks he can change reality by spouting stupid shit, it doesn't mean you should too. That man is the worst fucking thing to happen to this country.

Attached: 1511003226579.png (621x491, 268K)

The numbers are inflated and whatever money was earned it was earned by stuff like which is to say by people paying to see propaganda. Nobody actually watches these movies and those that do do it out of a sense of obligation (it caters to their political beliefs). The total decline of US media is very obvious to us not in the US. Your influence imploded to an astonishing degree.

I didn't want to see this film fail but its huge success is questionable seeing as the overwhelming opinion is "meh". Must be Endgame hype or some sneaky strats by Dinney

Decade+ of extremely popular and successful movies
Brand recognition
Marketing
Marketing
Marketing

>This retarded shit is what the average Larsonigger supports

lmaoooooooooooooooo

Can't Break The Rules If You Make The Rules

>waghhhhhh muh trump
Unrelated and off topic, fuck off

And just because you want to throw a tantrum about this movie not being giving large swaths of money from the mouse won’t change the reality of the fact that they did, just like how women aren’t oppressed in the 21st century west.

>WHY ISN'T ANYONE TALKING ABOUT TRUMP HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG MUST MAKE IT ABOUT TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP HNGGGGGGNGGNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The election really broke your brain didn't it

People assume it's essential viewing before Endgame and it won't be out in home video/quality rip before Endgame comes out.
t. had a couple of normalfags explain me this weekend that's why they'll watch it

Why don’t you post proof then? What happened to facts over feelings?

Because corporate spending to make people think that this movie is a triumph for feminism.

Great directors
Best writer
Great cast
Best lead

Attached: helpfulcarol.png (362x483, 206K)

In my country you saw advertisement for Carol everywhere. Yet general audience preferred Battle Angel Alita.

>Help starving children by handing money to Disney execs.
Fuck this world.

Attached: 1525564377071.jpg (445x656, 33K)

Rent free, tranny.

Why lie, user?

Attached: crymore.gif (500x260, 1017K)

>Why are you so sad, user?
>It's just, those poor, cold, hungry little girls. They have such hard lives. This isn't right! I have to do something to help!
>Are you going to donate or work at an orphanage?
>No! I'm going to give money to that wealthy executive in a suit!

Attached: 1530620987385.jpg (342x316, 14K)

>Do (You) really believe what you actually post?

Disney literally paid 400 million dollars out of pocket to inflate this movie's box-office.

I mean they get about 200 million back from buying their own tickets, but they still spent an ungodly amount of money to avoid this movie being seen as a "flop".

Attached: 1320223347143.jpg (499x500, 136K)

Why didn't Antman and the Wasp do so good then?

... is it flopping yet? I can't tell.

Attached: SoldierGirlsLaughing.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

It was still worth it for Disney as they had yet to finalize the Fox - Disney acquisition, they'll make more money in the long term by avoiding a flop on the books.

Attached: 12806749563411.gif (200x150, 474K)

Sauce?

No Anecdotes, please.

Still waiting for that proof, user.

Aggressively advertised MCU movie presented as the lead in to Endgame, and virtually no competition in its niche since launch.

The movie is mediocre as expected, but anyone that thought it would tank was delusional. Marvel simply can't release commercial failures at this point, as long as they properly market it. BP and CM used the social group representation and empowerment approach to be promoted, and it worked wonders.

Didn't Wonder Woman do something similar?

Yes

You'll never get it

My dad works at nintendo and marvel studios. Trust me.

At this point there may as well be a federally-appointed Disney tax. Don't even bother manufacturing a fraud of a movie, just force people to give part of their paycheck every month to Disney and its celebrity allies. Nobody finds these moves anywhere above average, it's not going to result in art, it's done nothing but help accelerate the cynical movie business that acts as a media ouroboros, nobody has anything good to say about the films themselves except people who paid or brainwashed. I mean why not? Within a decade Marvel movies will make 10 billion per movie despite lukewarm reception and chronic superhero fatigue.

Attached: dumb ass.png (500x421, 144K)

Dumbo just flopped. A wrinkle in time flopped last year. Lol wtf are you talking about?

I'm curious as to what movie you consider to be a "clean" success. Fellow pede

They'll never reveal it. They're just grasping for straws 'cause their manchild ways can't accept a strong female lead in a movie is doing so well.

It's their loss.

The movie isn't doing *that* well but it's not surprising considering endgame is around the corner. I don't agree with the /pol/tards, all I'm saying is superhero movies are such huge cash cows you can't consider one outstanding until it's well past 1Bn.

It's a Marvel movie heading into the biggest Marvel release yet. Of course it was going to make a billion.

>can't accept a strong female lead in a movie is doing so well
I don't think this is necessarily the issue here. People like Ripley and even Alice from Resident Evil, but now we get boring characters whose only attribute is girl power and being underestimated by men. I think people are rejecting the bland pandering.

pretty much anything not made by disney

>Disney is spending their own money to hype up a movie they made to get other people's money.

DC friends need to take a deep breath.

i love how you post all these articles about how much this movie earn every week op and when i'm asking people i know if they saw that movie everyone answer "No."
commedy gold

Attached: impressed.png (217x278, 32K)

>I don't think this is necessarily the issue here
I say it's still an issue for some people, just like how most anons only had a problem with Black Panthers movie because he was black or how some anons thought Black Widow was going to TKO Ultron by herself.

Attached: 1550239026530.jpg (750x750, 72K)

Is a Wrinkle in Time part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? You dumbass.

Dumbo is after the Fox deal.

Are you telling me people you don't know saw the movie? THE SCOUNDRELS!!!!

Attached: IMG_20160917_000756.jpg (294x291, 19K)

Disney has the rights to all the FOX shows and have a streaming service in the works. That's where all the money is now. Every month they'll be getting millions of people paying them 10+ dollars watching the old FOX shows they like on top of them paying to see their movies. 139 million people use Netflix which already lost all Disney owned stuff and anything FOX related which are huge draws in media. Even if they got half of that number you're looking at 69.5 million people giving them 650 million dollars a month which is enough to make a couple live action movies. Two months is over a billion. A movie flopping now and then won't affect them. Even dropping to $8 would net them 566 million dollars a month. It just prints money

>Is a Wrinkle in Time part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
Isn't it a big name Disney movie? Why would Disney only buy tickets for their Marvel Movies? That sounds very stupid

>Black Widow was going to TKO Ultron by herself
Would have been way better than the gay shit we got instead.

If it almost made 1 billion, it is generally okay to assume that most people saw it.

Yes but that doesn't have to include your friends y'know? I didn't watch this shitty movie but I wouldn't doubt it made that money.

>movie isn’t doing that well
>just crossed a billion dollars
Are you fucking retarded?

I said it's doing well of a MCU movie, but it hasn't reached the autistic levels of success Black Panther did, and in all probability won't because of Endgame.

No, until recently doing $800K was very good. However, Aquaman and Captain Marvel both breaking a billion suggests that capeshit’s profitability has been raised even higher recently.

When you are friends with normalfags you would generally know what is actually popular. Normalfags friends seeing something is a sign that something is popular. I only see feminist twitter people talking about CM. Normalfags don't even see it.

Economics. Ticket sales - (cost to make it + cost to advertise it + possible Disney buying tickets to create a false popularity) = net profit. If the cost was 550 million and it made a billion they would only get back 450 million which means they didn't make profit. Disney is not in the business of just making movies to make people feel good on the inside. Everything is done to maximize profit based off entertaining people and they cornered a certain market.

>Are you telling me people you don't know saw the movie?
some people yes for sure but i doubt movie about hero that nobody cares and hear about before not including comic fans would sell that much
also i'm telling you that people from my country usualy don't go to cinema watch movies, you can see whole theaters of people on premiere date but after 2 days everything is empty, most people wait for movie to came out on dvd or bluray and then the download it from the internet
t. pole
Wrinkle in Time is standalone movie when MCU is bunch of movies and characters, of course Disney will pump money to something which will bring them more money over next few decades and not into something which bring them money for like 1-2 years max

>if I make up numbers, it’s actually a flop!
Try harder, user.

I am friends with normal friends though, two of them likes Drop Dead Fred so I guess thats the ultimate classic

>but i doubt movie about hero that nobody cares and hear about before not including comic fans would sell that much
Happened with Dr.Strange
>inb4 everyone knows who he is

I wasn't saying it was. I merely showed how it could be a flop despite making a billion because you assumed that making a billion dollars with a movie equals successful when it's all about profit after costs that determines it. Anything under 500 million in costs would make financial success.

cus it was mediocre

That's awful maths on your part.

I'm seriously starting to wonder if captain marvel is like a economic experiment, where they see how much they can manipulate the dumb people by scoring high at the box office

i didn't say they pump money only into Capitan Marvel movie
also i don't believe anything without hard evidence, it's healthy thing to do on the internet user

Attached: proofster.png (277x271, 8K)

Han Solo flop was their first thought into manipulating movie tickets sales, when shareholders started complaining.

DO people really do want to see it or like it? Me and a friend of mine only saw it because it was the only movie that we havent watched and the movie theater was empty as fuck. Not even my marvel fan friends wanted to know about this movie nor i have people comenting on it besides here on Yea Forums.

Attached: 1549818255442.png (1280x1189, 489K)

Can someone post even ONE shred of evidence that Disney bought their own tickets?

What hard evidence could their be for a movie grossing over $1B? Every movie goer posing thier tickets?

Due to its timing, the only way it would fail is by being abysmal, but it was just kinda meh.

I really wish MCU avoided Superman-tier heroes. They are stifling.

>that "quote"

Did it break yours too?

There's a difference between a "bad" film and one that's just "meh." I didn't come across any regular people who thought it was like Holmes & Watson or Emoji Movie, terrible, but of "it was okay." Which is what it is, an okay and typical superhero movie. It's not like TDK where it breaks out of the genre, it's not actually politial despite /pol/ reeing so unlike BP or even Spiderverse it's not "important," it's just a generic capeshit popcorn flick.
The thing is that's what average audiences expect from capeshit and they're fine with it and that meh movie experience, so they were mostly pretty happy. That and it's MCU, of course it did well.

China?

>it's not actually politial

Brie Larson strongly disagrees with you

Actresses are fucking idiots who want to pretend they're doing something "important" 99 out of 100 times, you should ignore what they say. Someone who helped make The Room could say it's an impactful work of genius too, doesn't make it true.
Captain Marvel wasn't even as "feminist" as the Spice Girls movie, there was fuck all there for all the praise or bitching.
It did pretty well in China, just not incredibly well like Aquaman or Venom did there. Basically it did pretty well everywhere hence the 1 Billion.

That's an excellent question since it got 140 millions less than Aquaman in China

Absolute, bottomless shit taste.
Superhero movies have tainted an entire generation. Millennials will go down as the worst generation in history.

It was a par for the course marvel film, that happened to have a good release date to get more people in the seats.

SEETHING incel

Attached: sip.png (2560x1436, 2.08M)

>No
>It's the children who are wrong

CM did fine in China just not as well as some. I wasn't surprised by Aquaman doing incredibly well there. This was the #1 or one of the top films in China for a long time along with a bunch of other shit where they're soldiers fighting at sea. I assume putting "the ocean" in your movie will help it do well in China. Now Venom doing well I don't quite understand.

Attached: Mermaid_2016_film_poster.jpg (220x326, 138K)

Why are you people so fucking stupid? I can’t grasp this. Why? Fucking why?

Can't have a flop if you buy all your own tickets

Attached: 1252.jpg (696x696, 39K)

Attached: 1539204425550.jpg (1890x1630, 153K)

Where's your proof tho

Seething x3

Still 140 millions less in China should put CM at the levels of WonderWoman or something akin

Competent enough movie to an underserved audience... This isn't fucking rocket science...

You guys really took that bait, huh?

seething

Probably the best thing about this movie is the sheer amount of butthurt it still causes

>Burgerclaps still buttfrustrated over orange man

lmao

Attached: 1529520308806.jpg (415x290, 20K)

The idea that companies under heavy scrutiny like Disney would perhaps bother with buying tickets to inflate the numbers is beyond stupid. Journalists are just waiting for such a bullshit happening and would expose it immediately.

Paramount trying to inflate numbers by a couple million for Transformers 4 was a huge deal and box office watchers still make fun of them for it five years later.

>user is happy when Disney commits frauds

>How did this happen?
Buying your own tickets

Not to mention it has the goddamn brand name in the movie title.

SEETHING incels absolutely BTFO
twitter.com/Variety/status/1113472700784287745

Attached: smiles.png (419x754, 535K)

I mean you can see the international breakdown here:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=marvel2018a.htm

I see nice chunks of change from South Korea, Russia, and Brazil among others. China is a huge market, but it's not the only one. It made more than WW did in some places, that's all.

and alita just hit two billion. Big deal, wanna fight about it?

Alita Worldwide is $402,716,169.

Funny you mention this because you'd think after the whole #AlitaChallenge nonsense that the movie would've made more than the pitiful $400MM worldwide it made. It's like all they did was push for a hashtag, tell people how shit the other movie was (without having seen it themselves), while Alita just... Barely made its money back. And on top of that, it wasn't like they had anything in common whatsoever, but let's not split hairs here.

Still not gonna see it

It's fine, you'll see her at Endgame anyway.

Attached: D3FMtcsU4AYC8_W.jpg:orig.jpg (1599x800, 266K)

I watched it on sunday with very low expectations but I actually enjoyed it. Liked it more than Aquaman.

The most redeemable about this movie was the cat.

How extremely unfortunate.

Cats are shit, Sam Jackson saved this movie

Most of my normal friends have seen it, I've seen it and it's meh.

I don't doubt that it made 1B as Infinity War made 2B.

>By being a good movie

But it isn't. It could have been, but it simply is not.

You are shit, Sam Jackson is always fine.

SEETHING

Attached: capitana_marvel_by_missmonahell-dd2suzx.jpg (600x800, 381K)

It's OK, eventually you'll come around.

Attached: D2LXvkzUkAA4lut.jpg large.jpg (2048x1584, 218K)

>When kids pretend they're not little kids by calling people "incels"

Have sex

>good movie
This is actually one of the worse MCU movie so far. And a terrible missed opportunit, as aswell with Carol Danvers.

Attached: 1547757828023.png (392x494, 242K)

Yes it was, I thought the character was thoroughly enjoyable and the movie itself was amongst the best MCU mvie

>No big budget competition
>Built in audience of Soccer moms ("I never understood these comic book films my son forces me to see, but I'm excited for this one! There's a woman in the nineties!")
>Built in audience of white knights and proud feminists
>MCU hype machine and marketing.

Really, this film succeeded by having very little competition and having a built-in female audience. The MCU Hype gave it visibility to reach those markets, but the soccer moms did the heaving lifting. And for the record, I think it's a shame that this Billion Dollar film couldn't even be as good as Wonder Woman. But it proved the audience is there, I hope they improve in the inevitable sequel.

I hate normalfags and zoomers. Cinemas should have died a decade ago.

Why the fuck do those idiots keep paying 12+ dollars for movies if they consider them "meh". If I rate a movie that way I will never ever spend money for any iteration or sequel/whatever of it again, at best I will pirate the next movie and drop this shit if it's "meh" again.

Normies buying anything superhero related. Probably %97 percent of ticket sales are from them.

I hate this shit so much how stupid and biased do you have to be to be unable to relate to a character because of the gender? I always selfinserted or related to male heroes as well without feeling oppressed or whatever.
I mean I am not saying female mains are bad. I just don't fucking get the cultic meaning people attribute to that. As if character traits, characters' past and background or life style were irrelevant for emotional connection. As if the gender would somehow imply a very specific character type every female or male has so that they can only identify with that.

By MCU synergy for their movies to daisychain audiences from one to the next.
They could put out any movie that had a sting promotion from the last movie and it would have 100mil audience no matter what.

Because it was a sequel and it came after an Avengers movie, not before. And not having Infinity War's sting promote it.

Sort of. Women only screenings sponsored by feminists. Not expicitly raising money from the general public to buy tickets for others.

It's clear that we'll be seeing more of this in the future.

I'm actually curious who is seeing it. My social circle hasn't, and it's not like we're a bunch of woman hating nazis. At least a half dozen saw wonder woman.

Didn't this raise literally 10 thousand something dollareedoos?
I remembers all the booked theaters that were mysteriously empty 3 hours before the movie started.
Diabolical.

Attached: PROOFS.jpg (603x700, 62K)

It came out right before Endgame. It's not a bad movie but I have a feeling that this wouldn't have made a billion if it wasn't for IW and Endgame.

Someone update the Pepe Carol meme chart

So I just saw the movie please tell me they are not going to make Skrulls good people and the Kree evil

This is what happens when you deliver reliably enjoyable experiences to moviegoers.
When you promise them something in the trailers and you deliver on it, without pulling any nasty surprises on them.

Attached: Superman is super upset.jpg (784x350, 50K)

L M A O
boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/13/new-reports-of-empty-theaters-at-captain-marvel-add-to-movies-controversy/

The Skrull general already alludes to them doing nasty shit to survive, they were certainly ready to kill Fury with fake Coulson.
The could all gather up, establish a homeworld, get it eaten by Galactus and bam they are back to being desperate and cruel again.
Talos was plenty ruthless, even willing to make a veiled threat to children, and that's in a situation he felt he couldn't actually win.
No telling what he'd be capable of in a position of strength.

But then again he was joking around and was completely willing to let her go when asked I really hope they come back to fuck shit up but I don’t think they will because then it defeats the whole story of captain marvel

We live in a day and age when random twitter trolls can generate news.
What a world.

>But then again he was joking around and was completely willing to let her go
This is because Carol could totally murder his ass at any moment, and he had everything to lose if he failed. It was literally his last desperate chance to save his own family (and people) and he was basically helpless. I'd be trying to lighten the mood too.

holy fuck kek
its just like when they ask you "so what dick size are you?" "uuuhhh...7ish my dude'" while lying about your pencil 6'

i watched it over last weekend and i regret it. I tried to avoid spoilers, and surely there was no way it could be unenjoyable given Marvel's track record. I mean I fucking loved Venom even though everyone thinks it's a garbage movie.

it was boring and I was just nitpicking the whole movie on how legitimately awful it was. Ronan was just embarassing

>comes into this thread

Jesus, why is Yea Forums so triggered by a successful movie and character?

Yeah, where was the tragically noble and intimidating Ronan who stood there gawping while Quill did his dance off? Totally out of character that he didn't want to stick around and get blown to shit by a cosmic being.

Attached: Assburgers.jpg (259x194, 12K)

I was thinking more of his awful monotone lines

I more mean captain marvels whole story beyond herself is to help the Skrulls if they come back and try to take over earth it will pretty much nullify her betraying the Kree especially if the Kree help in some way. It also has to do with dr. Mar vell it would make her look stupid as well I just don’t see them every making Skrulls a villain except the super Skrulls and just keep him as a crazy guy who is not a good Skrulls

Normies usually have roastie GFs who love to waste money on pointless things, one these being shitty movies for "the experience". At least thats what I have noticed. That and the fact that most normies have terrible money management...

>I just don’t see them every making Skrulls a villain except the super Skrulls and just keep him as a crazy guy who is not a good Skrulls
Talos didn't try to justify his bad deeds though, he said explicitly that his hands were full of blood too. I do believe they'll make them evil and Feige did say Secret Invasion was one of the things they were considering for the future.
But I'd like to step back a bit and remind people that the very first appearance of the Skrulls painted them as good and sympathetic aliens who were trapped doing misdeeds because their leader was about to invade Earth and forced them to. The whole meme about the Skrull cows comes from there: Skrulls who wanted to live a peaceful life away from all the nonsense.
They can't help it.

>bounding into comics
Y I K E S

Your too young to...

Never too young.

I mean, user, I went to see Black Panther and that was honestly pretty mediocre. But I gave it a go because it was Marvel and they've had a good enough track record. 'Course, I only go with friends. I was gonna go watch Captain Marvel too since my friends said they wanted to, but pretty much no one was up for it when the time came.

>Citing Bounding Into Comics
And you just lost the argument

And sadly, that's the only piece of evidence they have.

You must be truly retarded if you think this had any impact on the numbers

It already did

Attached: 1 Billion Dollars.png (1111x768, 219K)

Because I'm tired of the fucking kikes trying to brainwash me into thinking women and nonwhites are equal to us and that and decent people aren't naturally repelled by seeing them in places where they don't belong. There, I said it, you might disagree but it's what I know to be the truth for me and the silent majority.

why are you posting tumblr gifs like that means something?

FUCK the Supreme Intelligence and FUCK blue people.

How will Yea Forums ever recover? Do they still think Shazam is going to make more because that's going to be even funnier

>Because I'm tired of the fucking kikes trying to brainwash me into thinking women and nonwhites are equal to us and that and decent people aren't naturally repelled by seeing them in places where they don't belong
I know this post is a troll (at least I hope so), but I know some of the animosity towards this movie in particular stems from a similar sentiment. I still don't forget Black Panther and Wonder Woman.

It's called disney buying out tickets to inflate sales. Remember when they hired a bunch of "fans" to promote solo, and only like 50 people out of the 300+ actually PAID to be there and the rest were paid to be there instead?

Solo was a flop. CM would have been a proper film had brie larson not been cast. Hire someone who actually knows how to handle themselves in public.

Endgame hype. It was a really average movie, but I mean, it wasn't horrible. Which is enough to convince moviegoers to go because it's introducing a character that will be quite important in Endgame.

>Solo was a flop. CM would have been a proper film had brie larson not been cast.
I like how you gloss over the fact that Captain Marvel DIDN'T flop and went to make a billion, while the alleged tactics you bring up were done for a movie that most certainly flopped.

Theres not a doubt in my mind that Disney was buying their own tickets

he's not wrong

Is every cape movie making more money than the last?. Or at least the turbo mainstream ones like Cap marvel, aquaman and Black panther

Attached: 1521514702105.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Only if there's a Marvel logo

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-173615_Chrome.jpg (1079x1237, 465K)

This isnt a fucking conspiracy theory. People all over the country reported sold out theaters with tons of empty seats.

Putting aside the fact that Disney has really gotten big on underhanded tactics to sell shit, there's no reason to doubt the possibility

>Black Panther's gonna flop, he's a Marvel B-lister who's appealing to a market who doesn't give a shit about superheroes
>It's a huge box office success
>Venom's gonna flop, the trailers make the film look like shit, all of Sony's other Spider-Man films have been shit since Raimi left, and all the other films they've tried to shill have been a failure
>Aquaman's gonna flop, people are already burnt out on the DCEU, and the film's clearly gonna be a catastrophe because of all the rewrites its gone through and the shittiness of its director
>Into the Spider-Verse is gonna flop, everyone will think it's a shitty kids movie and nobody cares about Miles Morales as a character
>It's a box office success
>Yea Forums and Yea Forums, after being consistently wrong for two years, still think they can predict jack-shit and still go in to full conspiracy theory mode when proven wrong yet again.
Did being right about Justice League being a disaster (which is something a fucking toddler could've predicted) go to everyone's heads?

Not financially, dipshit. It was guaranteed to be a financial success, it's a marvel film. It can be a critical failure at the box office, and this was, as we've seen with the RT score manipulation to boost public image. Just like how disney is boosting sales.

The only ones who were calling for it to be a flop were paid disney shills like yourself who could turn around after it was released and say, "HAHAHAHAAH YOU SAID IT WOULD FLOP YOU SAID IT WOULD FLOP LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY IT'S TOTALLY NOT A FLOP!"

If you're gonna lie to troll people, why make it so obvious?

>This isnt a fucking conspiracy theory.
It literally is, and the fact that you're grasping at twitter screencaps as genuine evidence is enough proof of that.

It didn't flop either way, financially or critically. Just look at Aquaman for an actual critical flop. All that shit about RT score manipulation just shows you don't understand how it works, because "audience ratings" mean shit in the end, and people like you made fucking sure it became worthless after spending an entire week driving it into the ground. >People all over the country reported sold out theaters with tons of empty seats.
Only retards believe this so it stands to reason that there's plenty of these STILL on Yea Forums and Yea Forums drumming up this garbage, weeks after getting proven wrong.

When was it proven wrong? I'll retract everything I said if you can prove that theaters really were sold out

So why are the other movie studios not throwing a fit about Disney cutting into their profits? How are supposedly all these theathers and conspirators working so well to keep this from being a shitstorm in a day and age where this kind of shit gets exposed by incompetence and attention seeking retards? Theres no fucking way even Disney could pull off the amount of cohesion nessacary to scam this hard, especially on an international scale, and Hollywood not throw a fit.

Oh shit you discovered advertising prepare for your Economics Nobel Prize.

>if you can prove that theaters really were sold out
Literally all the evidence you have of the opposite comes from this site . Theaters were sold out because you could see the seats bought for the functions available. Meanwhile, all that crap about empty seats comes from vague pictures from Twitter and allegations from unnamed theater managers in unnamed locations at unknown dates, again, from that site.

So it's actually on YOU to prove they weren't sold out, since the first is easily demonstrable.

When you're buying your own tickets you're only giving bribing the struggling movie theaters.
Oh and look at that, movie theaters are required to take a smaller cut when they show MCU movies.
HMMMMMMMM

>disney is buying their own tickets!!!
>it needs to make more money than infinity war!!!
>it didn't made 4 billion (YET) so it's a flop!!!
>it's a boitcot from """""THEM""""", the essyaybubyas, the feminazis, the roasties, the niggers and the gooks!!!
>alita STILL made 85 millions!

Attached: Captain Marvel NYOOOOM.png (1016x620, 869K)

>Oh and look at that, movie theaters are required to take a smaller cut when they show MCU movies.
Source or shut up.

Then why do I keep hearing people calling it a filler movie.

Is Yea Forums still having daily Alita threads? Their reverence for that movie is very strange.

Which is fine. Her movie was boring, but now she's in the Russo's hands.

I'm not one for conspiracies, nor have I ever mustered enough of a shit about capeshit movies to even shitpost about them, but for once I genuinely believe some fuckery is happening. This did not organically reach a billion.

>This did not organically reach a billion.
Take it up with the Federal Government then, I'm sure they'll have a field day with this if the rabid anti-Captain Marvel nerds are to be believed.

Dude, Aquaman reached a billion too. General audiences just still like going to capeshit, especially overseas due to the production quality compared to their own films.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/disney-makes-a-bigger-ask-of-theaters-than-ever-before-with-the-last-jedi/
Disney takes bigger cuts with bigger movies.

You say that as if Aquaman didn't deserve it. It was a good superhero movie

Endgame hype and people really really trust the MCU at this point.

I'm sure there'll be the usual cadre of morons neck deep in denial, trying to reason than Disney must be wasting money buying tickets to its own movie, but the truth is far simpler than that. Captain Marvel was destined to succeed no matter how good or bad it was. People are on the Marvel hype train and they are showing no sign that they'll be getting off anytime soon.

You said specifically MCU movies, now it's all of their movies... See how you're moving the goalposts because you couldn't justify your idiotic statement.
And no, don't pretend it's the same thing, because if they're asking more of this, then they're asking more of Dumbo too, not just "THE BIGGER MOVIES", dumbass.

>You say that as if Aquaman didn't deserve it
Aquaman was poorly received in comparison though, that with all the added bullshit against Captain Marvel. The fuck outta here with this nonsense, you can't turn around and say that one deserved it more simply because you liked it more.

>essyaybubyas

You don’t sound smarter than them

>disney has a history of taking larger cuts for flagship movies
>you're trying to tell me that they aren't going to do this with one their biggest flagship titles
I get it. You're getting paid to defend this shit, and if you aren't, then you're a proud drone to a very large corporation. You aren't gonna see basic greed as a factor in this shit and there's no point in continuing this conversation.

>>disney has a history of taking larger cuts for flagship movies
Don't repeat this as if I didn't just demonstrate it was for all their movies according to the same article you just linked.
Provide a SINGLE SHRED of evidence that says they do this for their "flagship movies" or get the fuck outta here, this isn't Yea Forums where wild theories take hold and no one questions them.

>This isnt a fucking conspiracy theory
That's exactly what it is.

>People all over the country reported sold out theaters with tons of empty seats.
People all over the country lied. They showed up to screenings hours early to pretend that they were empty, or just took pictures of theatre with no screen in view so you can't see what's playing.

>Putting aside the fact that Disney has really gotten big on underhanded tactics to sell shit, there's no reason to doubt the possibility
There's plenty of reason to doubt the possibility. 1. There's no fucking evidence. 2. Disney sells shit to make money. If they but the majority of tickets to see this movie, they don't make any fucking money. This is literally the dumbest conspiracy theory ever, it doesn't make an iota of sense.

Just accept that your anger at Larson didn't change anything and move on.

Christopher Robin/Wrinkle in Time/Dumbo/Mary Poppins are all coming out of Disney studios which the COO of Disney runs. The idea that they are more invested in MCU than their own product is ridiculous given that the cred of the leadership is on the line due to their recent line of flops.

>Just accept that your anger at Larson didn't change anything and move on.
They can't do that, user. That's the thing above all else they can't do, to accept that their purchasing power isn't significant enough to make any difference on a multi-million dollar chapter in a global franchise like the MCU. Instead they have to believe that Disney knew they were facing a flop because of internet Comicsgate trolls, and set up a plot to lose themselves a ton of money buying tickets in order to prove the trolls wrong and appear to have a successful movie. Believing the absolute dumbest theory possible is more palatable than accepting they were wrong.

Yeah, but people I know actually saw Aquaman. No one in my family, friend or work circle saw Capt. Marvel, not that I know of anyway. So either they saw it and found it so lackluster they didn't even think it was worth mentioning in any conversation we've had since then or they didn't even bother.

There definitely is something funny going on behind the scenes, though I doubt we'll ever grasp the full scope and depth of what it is. Regardless I fully expect that Disney aren't going to bother with a sequel for Capt. Marvel. They might've managed to cover up what was likely an embarrassing failure, but they're not going to want to risk another one. Expect to see her role in future Marvel films gradually downsized until it becomes safe for them to kill her off because people would have forgotten about her being supposed to lead the Avengers by then.

>shill answer
It is a great movie, everyone was hyped and everyone loved

>incel answer
Disney bought most tickets to hide the failure the movie was

>real answer
It's a ok movie, Endgame is about two weeks away and people need to watch this first, literally a flawless schedule planing combined with the ride it is taking of Infinitty War's success.

And what of the Alita challenge?

Blind corporate loyalty. Even a bunch of reviews calling it out for a bad lead won't deter people. Marvel has shown that really can make a bad movie and audiences will still flock to it if they advertise it in other films.

Attached: MakeMineMarvel.jpg (729x850, 66K)

On the other hand, I know people who saw Captain Marvel but I don't know anyone that saw Aquaman. Therefore, there must be something fishy about Aquaman's box office, right?

Yea Forums isn't known for their good taste.

As someone who has loved Gunnm since the mid 90's, that shit was the cringiest tripe ever. I hate that my waifu has been tainted by these incel culture war faggots, and now this is what people in general will remember her for.

>There definitely is something funny going on behind the scenes, though I doubt we'll ever grasp the full scope and depth of what it is.
No, it's simply that you really want to believe something happened because you didn't want to see the movie and you were severely invested in its failure that you cannot conceive of it actually succeeding, it's that simple. You can still go through hoops and loops to justify this line of thinking, but fact of the matter is, people went to see it. Just like they went and see Aquaman, absolutely nothing fishy about it. End of it.

You may have to ask Yea Forums about that one

>What if we made her love interest irredeemably awful, then fake out his death 3 times before we kill him
Just... why?

Any publicity is good publicity

And it was the only film showing in USA for a couple weeks while WW like any other film ever was an option

I knew Hugo would be shit when I saw the actor. He's a shitty YA actor with the range of a fish.

Infinite War is a very weird thing I have been thinking about. How can a Superhero film get 2 billions? I'm not gonna to believe women wanted to watch Infinite War and a film like that one can get 1 billion but without women you can't reach 2 billions

More sympathy because boys already have big budget action movies

Why is it so hard for incels to accept this movie's success?

Attached: c2agj48r8pn21.png (1080x1080, 583K)

lel

Alita was cringe. Captain Marvel was dull as dishwater and it was STILL better than Battle Flop.

Thanks for making the world an embarrassing nightmare you weirdos!

Nice.

All the review bombing and negative reactions to the previews made people see it just to spite incels.

Disney is a corporation.
The movie is a corporate product.
Stop being retarded, all of you.

Infinite War got 2B cause they invested 500 millions in that film and less than 2B wouldn't sound good. 1B could mean 500 for the theaters and 500 for Disney so they would have earned ·$0.00

They HAD to get 2 billions that way they can say they got a tons of money but I can't see a way to get more than 1.5 billions, I don't think it's possible in these circumstances

They already have Thor, Scarlet Witch, Vision amd Dr Strange who are all pretty powerful

>they invested 500 millions in that film
A minor correction: 500MM were invested for both IW and Endgame, since they were filmed back to back. This means that they'll make a huge, HUGE profit in a few months since everything is already paid for.

If not Carol, then who would you propose as the next Avenger powerhouse assuming Thor, Cap and Tony retire/die?

You could be doing something else like planting a tree right now.

Attached: 1549508349787.jpg (500x619, 69K)

It would have taken a truly horrid movie to not make a billion after Infinity War. Look at how much money Iron Man 3 made reading the hype of Avengers'.

>IT'S NOT HAPPENING LAA LA LAAAA IT'S ALL FAKE
The fuck is wrong with you people?

This is the only valid answer but of course facts are too boring for people who want to believe that they are at the center of a huge conspiracy.

>phear mah balloon powahs
lel. I love Stonetoss and all the silly edits.

>Captain Marvel is a billion dollar franchise.

Nope. Marvel is a billion dollar franchise.

So you're saying Ant-Man & Wasp is a horrid movie?

>Yea Forums is a bubble.

>taking you this long to realize this

Just because Trump won doesn't mean the memers are always right. Hillary was an extraordinarily bad candidate and barely ran in the states she needed to win in, so /pol/ got lucky.

When you look at
>the Rogue One boycott
>the Black Panther sort of boycott/just bitching about
>the Nike boycott

You start to realize they're all just a bunch of man children yelling at a cloud. Captain Marvel passing a billion only boosts this fact. And when Endgame breaks records they'll continue to live in denial and foster up conspiracies about Dinsey paying to fill seats in theaters or buy off critics. It really is sad and pathetic but also hilarious.
Weird how nobody was claiming this when Aquaman made a billion. Or way back when The Dark Knight was super popular. Weird weird weird.

I am, yes.

The lack of competition does wonders for these kinds of things, it's the main reason venom made the money it did. Captain marvel or venom would have been murdered in the middle of the summer.

That's also literally why Aquaman slaughtered the way it did. People used to think December releases were packed, but what no one realized was how, without Star Wars, last December was free for the taking.

she did it in less than a month as well

>they must know something
doubt.png

I thought it was fun, I don't know what everybody's on about. It was a hundred times better than the absolute disaster that was Wonder Woman.

Attached: 1550977603762.png (349x326, 152K)

some people got really butthurt about her opinions on how rotten tomatoes should work and her comments about 40-something white guys

>the Avengers are the top superhero team with the public, over the Justice League and the X-Men
>people know about and like Ant-Man
>people know about and like Doctor Strange
>people know about and love the Guardians of the Galaxy
>people like Wonder Woman more than Batman and Superman
>a Justice League movie ate shit
>Captain America and Iron Man have are seen as the premier superhero duo in a similar way people would typically see Batman and Superman
>Black Panther, Aquaman, and Captain Marvel have movies that made as much as Batman (Nolan), Captain America, and Iron Man films

What a strange decade.

If Aquaman can do it then there's no reason a similarly shit movie from the more successful universe can't

/pol/ also said the Mueller report was bullshit

*looks at thread*

Tut tut, it looks like rain!

Attached: this will stop the male tears.jpg (474x474, 17K)

The movie always had a lot attention from the first trailer, it was probably the weakest from phase 3 yet still decent and fun. Sure Endgame hype gives it a boost but the link is some 2 minutes after credits you can watch in jewtube. It has way more connections to phase 1.
And any """controversy"" came from psychos and their sockpuppets, the vast majority of the fans and normal people don't give a damn unless Brie was killing white babies. It was amazing to see how fast it went to /x/ territory after the huge OW. Basicallly online boycotts mean shit.

Attached: 1551133199724.jpg (1024x683, 79K)

It's unironically one of the only Marvel origin movies I like; this and Iron Man 1.

That said, I know something fishy is going on. My theater was empty to, and it shouldn't have been within it's first week for something pulling in "billions" now. I do believe Disney was definitely buying tickets like everyone thinks. The fact that Disney doesn't see anything wrong with the politics being pushed in Starwars tells me they currently have some insane, "progressive" types at the top who will do whatever they think is necessary for their weird religion.

Attached: cm.jpg (1286x962, 601K)

>within it's first week

>March 23rd

Did you find "related image" for your anecdote or are you retarded?

Attached: LarsonLaff.gif (268x268, 2.35M)

Brie was so cute, it was a crime to have her in some sort of Winter soldier mode during the first part of the film.

Attached: 1553966525544.jpg (1007x1193, 329K)

mental midget

Disney also overplayed their hand with Mary Poppins, thinking it could be a blockbuster.
And Bumblebee was good, but obviously Transformers ain’t what it used to be popularity wise.

Aquaman really lucked out with the timing and dominated largely because WB (for once) played the best hand.

This.

>18th day in theaters
>12:30pm
>small town theater
>movie hasn’t started yet
You’re right. That room should have 500 people in it!

Bullshit. Name ONE movie with a male lead. I’ll wait.

Proof?

Meanwhile, I see people crowing about “Unplanned” making 5th in the box office after evidence of churches buying out entire theatres, and no one seems to be calling them out. HMMMM...

Wonder Woman

Attached: 053CE9E6-34A9-4559-B774-24E0921A62F8.jpg (247x204, 6K)

And even that is still actual tickets sold.

Getting to one billion is easy in the modern blockbuster zeitgeist.

The real litmus for executives is now how quickly a movie makes it to one billion.

What does this even mean

>/pol/fags this desperate too try and lie through gritted teeth that they didn't review bomb the movie when it came out and haven't played a continuous game of move the goalpost for the movie to be considered "successful"
>have now switched too "it's a scam by the evil disney here's my info wars link and you tube channel that says i'm right.

Everyone said it was a waste of time.
Don't ignore leftypol and evey left wing reporter or organization not in bed with the Democrats saying Trump is a corrupt businessman but just like Obama he sells out to Israeli and Saudi arabia. Trump was never not a Russian agent, he just did business there like he did everywhere else.
Also, this is not /pol/ so bugger off

>Never/not
Couldn't pick the right word.

I remember the fallout when Black Panther took a steamy dump on their predictions and they had to switch their narrative that Black Panther put a positive spin on ethnostates despite the film giving the exact opposite lesson, but I don't think that the effort or delusion was anywhere nearly as strong as this.

I hope like hell that the empty theater and "Disney buying its own tickets" narrative is just people ironically shitposting, because this is "muh crisis actors"-tier level of delusion otherwise.

It means that even if someone is buying out whole theaters, the sales are real.

The shutdown really was the beginning of the end.

Attached: 1550251365486.jpg (1024x766, 249K)

I dunno, I'd still put it above Aquaman. What CM lacked in any real stakes and compelling characters, it at least felt like the film matters to the cinematic universe instead of being a "too little too late" launching board from a disaster of a prequel team up movie.

>chuck and Nancy barely labeled
Is Ben showing some subtlety??

>BvS still blunder of the century

Attached: 1554264078222.png (1366x768, 752K)

Genuinely I like this timeline. I like that Aquaman overcame being the butt of the jokes among the public discourse through his success. I like that fucking Rocket Raccoon is a household name. I absolutely adore that a VENOM movie that looked like it belonged in the late 90s ended up being such a hit. I am overjoyed that Spider-Verse of all things won a goddamn Oscar and gave us the only genuinely good take on Miles.

And here we are again, now with another billion dollar hit Superhero movie. And it's for one about Carol Danvers, fucking Carol Danvers! God help me, I genuinely hope Shazam of all things ends up being at least as successful as Venom, if not moreso. If only for the sheer hilarity of Billy Batson being more popular than Superman again. This decade has been absurd and wonderful, and nothing the Yea Forums-tier crossboarding company wars shitposters say can change this fact.

God help us all if Godzilla ends up making a billion dollars too.

It's not fair, incel bros! We went Ham trying to get people to not watch it! How did we fuck up so bad?

>God help us all if Godzilla ends up making a billion dollars too.
The greatest Superhero of them all.

Attached: Godzilla2014-savior.jpg (497x231, 17K)

I can't wait.

Attached: GojivKong.jpg (984x1771, 294K)

Do people really think Disney doing some elaborate money laundering. ticket sales inflating scheme is more reasonable than the Marvel brand just being strong and some decent marketing?

The Infinity War stinger directly teased this movie and Carol has been heavily built up as being key to the next phase of the MCU. Of course a ton of people have seen it.

At least you were decent enough to tell the truth here. Thank you.

It might be a troll but let's be fucking honest, that really is the whole long and short of it for the casualgate and plebbit crowd. It's most of it and everything else is small potatoes.

Plenty of people don't like or don't care about these movies, but they don't form unhinged crisis actors conspiracy theories and make or watch dozens of YouTube videos and tweets every day for months about a movie they don't like. And fuck it let's be honest: a movie most of them will never actually watch. It's all a hysterical knee jerk overeaction to anything not Nazi enough. And saying that used to be bullshit but with this specific crowd, the stopped watch is right for once and it's actually true. So fucking surreal.

It’s literally the same thing you’re accusing Disney of doing, people buying out empty theatres, and people are willfully admitting this. Meanwhile, there is no proof that Disney is doing this with Captain Marvel. How are you this dense

>How are you this dense
I'm on your side, dipshit.

My point is that even if churches are buying out screens, it's still not even the same as Disney buying CM tickets. Churches are still consumers, not the movie studio.

People loved her moldy feet. It was the foot fetish audience that drove the success

No, because Disney suffers a lot of underperformers as well. MCU is just that strong of a brand.

How the heck was 'Alita' cringe??

It's like discovering millions of people eat shit every day and think it's great, and they condemn you for NOT eating shit and thinking shit is gross.

No, it's telling yourself so many times that green is actually blue, that when someone tells you that you're wrong you flip out and start screaming about there being a mass corporate conspiracy deadset on tricking people in to thinking that green isn't really blue.

The fact is, green is green. But the shit-eaters say green IS blue. Like you.

What is it about the taste of shit that makes you crave it so much?

>The fact is, green is green

Yes, the film is a success, thank you for agreeing with me.

>But the shit-eaters say green IS blue. Like you.

No, I'm saying that green is green while you deny it and try to shift goalposts.

>What is it about the taste of shit that makes you crave it so much?
What is it about the film being successful that makes you so confused and angry?

You mean the same white guys that also gave her movie good reviews? I really hope she didn't watch Black Panther because that move was not made for her.

Alita: Battle Angel

I mean the guy loses his dick so that doesn't really count.

doesnt mean girls cant see those movies. what's your point? Girls can relate to characters outside their sex.

based
fuck incels

that's how you cure them, yes.

this should be a feminist slogan
"Fuck Incels!"
Then there would be no more incels!

Marvel is too big to flop.

well after marvel Male characters did all the leg work, female characters can take advantage because they sure as hell could not push a super hero movie franchise at its early stages.

>the film is a success

Financially yes.

>you deny it

What, that the movie is a financial success? Clearly not. I am saying the movie is shit.

>What is it about the film being successful that makes you so confused and angry?

It makes me confused that it is a financial success in spite of being shit. I am angry that we didn't get a better movie.

...Wonder Woman kinda... but otherwise...

>Supergirl
>Tank Girl
>Black Scorpion (I rather liked it but it's really obscure)
>Barb Wire
>Witchblade
>Catwoman
>Elektra
>My super ex-girlfriend

...It's true, isn't it?