Helboy opens in a week, why is no one talking about it?

Helboy opens in a week, why is no one talking about it?

Attached: hellboy-poster.jpg (1080x1350, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/arcudijohn/status/1075086925436874753?lang=en
twitter.com/ArcudiJohn/status/1101548678127411200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it looks terrible?

This. It looks like a shit cape movie with none of the charm of the comics or the old Del Toro movies. On top of that it's sandwiched right between two significantly more hyped major releases, Shazam and Endgame.

I've seen plenty of ads for it. It was very dumb to have it so close to SHAZAM.

Because it looks bad and it makes me feel bad.

UMM ... you both know Mignola said this is how he always envisioned Hellboy right????

I thought the comic was how he envisioned Hellboy?

Because it looks like it's from the fucking 90s or early odds in terms of just taking a comic and butchering it horribly with no regard for story and characters.

Del Toro was doing his own thing with his movies, but you could tell he has a lot of love and respect for the source material.

This

>Mignola said this is how he always envisioned Hellboy right????
Good thing it never came across like this in the comics then.

Bullshit. He's just lost interest in the universe he started, just look at the abysmal way it's all set to end.

It helps that Del Toro is a strong filmmaker who was also working with some A+ casting. There's no chance in hell of surpassing Perlman in the role.

David Harbour sounds like he has a fucking speech impediment, I don't know if it's trying to sound "monstrous" or if it's somehow due to the prosthetics. Either way he looks like shit, Perlman's Hellboy was perfect save for the lack of hooves.

Probably nut, but I'd like to see a...less buff version I guess?

As in Hellboy is pretty barrel chested, but he got pretty sloping shoulders that can give him a pretty slim look from certain angles.

In all the adaptations I've seen they always seem to beef him up.

Hellboy always felt to me like he had the body of a blue collar guy. Like, strong and solid from his daily physical work, but not absurdly buff like most capes.

This movie is just being sent here to die, isn't it? They can't actually think it will survive with a MCU movie still in theaters, a DC movie out in a couple days, and another MCU movie 2 weeks after this one comes out, that MCU movie being the culmination of a decade of buildup, right?

Hahahahaha.

Mignola hasn't given a shit about Hellboy in years. He wants his check, so of course he's going to praise the movie.

Yeah, nah. Fuck that slimy cunt. At this point I'm almost glad it's going to get buried by Endgame and Shazam.

Attached: Untitled.png (627x358, 47K)

It's embarrassing and nobody wants to acknowledge it.

Pretty much this, yeah.

Mignola fucked up the comics ages ago the BPRD stuff is superior to every contribution he himself has ever made.

Agreed.

Mignola has said he based Hellboy's personality off his father's. And his father was a carpenter, and a Korean war vet. So maybe he designed Hellboy's look with that blue collar feel in mind.

It looks like a syfy movie.

>just look at the abysmal way it's all set to end.

havent kept up, short version on how its looking to end?

Rasputin is back and he is the dragon (for real this time guys). Hellboy just punched his head off with his normal hand.

Shazam opens TOMORROW and no one's talking about it

It's called lack of interest in a shitty movie

Hellboy is relatively famous among normals though

means nothing. nobody is talking about it

>Hellboy - $99.3 million
>Hellboy 2 - $160 million
Hellboy isn't shit to anybody

I forget about it constantly until it's brought up here.

Normals found Hellboy after it was shown on TV.

I'm a massive HB fan who owns almost every book published in the universe, but Mike's behavior towards Arcudi and Davis has been highly disturbing and will likely prevent me from seeing this film as I don't want to support those sorts of actions.

Also the movie looks like dogshit so

>On top of that it's sandwiched right between two significantly more hyped major releases, Shazam and Endgame.
I can only think they're trying to bury it

>but Mike's behavior towards Arcudi and Davis has been highly disturbing

What's he done now?

And James Cameron said that Terminator Genisys was the way he wanted to take the franchise.

I don't know why, but the trailers remind me of a mockumentary

every character made by Arcudi dies unceremoniously because they have no idea what to do with them

Sexual harassment'd

>always envisioned Hellboy
Lost and forgotten?

Never been a fan of Hellboy. The concept doesn't appeal to me.

What did he do? I keep reading he fucked them over so bad Davis quitted comics, but no one gives a straight answer. Also Arcudi kept writing Lobster Johnson for a while and iirc he just finished another Hellboyerse mini (Crimson Lotus) So I wouldn't exactly say he's not on speaking terms with Mignola and Dark Horse.

He always imagined Alice as a black girl kicking ass for the bprd? huh never woulda guessed that

He always envisioned it like a parody of Hellboy?

Did you miss the end of Baltimore by any chance? Or The Doom that came to Gotham?
Mignola just sucks massive donkey balls when it comes endings.

No you idiot

twitter.com/arcudijohn/status/1075086925436874753?lang=en

Basically, Mike is a cunt who is refusing to give any monies from the movie to John or Guy, despite them having created characters and concepts used in the film, Ben Daimio most notably. This disagreement is likely the catalyst to pushing Arcudi out of BPRD leading to the sorry mess that The Devil You Know has been because, as everyone should know, BPRD was Arcudi's child way more than Mike's.

But yeah, Mike is a greedy asshole who is screwing over co-workers and former friends for more movie money

The first Hellboy movie was a bit too twee, making HB into a manchild with a schoolboy crush who wins with the power of love

This one looks a bit too far in the other direction, with the R-Rating, titty villainess, commercially-viably-edgy top 40 soundtrack

In a way, you could say the first one had too much boy, and this one looks like it has too much hell

Attached: 5486_normal.jpg (355x500, 39K)

That's a whole lof of assumptions you're pulling out of a post that boils down to "I'll explain later".

Here mate, they pulled the same shit they pulled countless times before with Kirby, Gerber, Finger, Simon & Shuster and so on.
The difference here is that Mignola should be different since he loves to squawk about how he quit marvel & dc because creator owned shit is where it's at and so on.
twitter.com/ArcudiJohn/status/1101548678127411200

>UMM ... you both know Mignola said this is how he always envisioned Hellboy right????
Creator has safe opinion instead of creating controversy denying him money? What a shock!

I haven't seen the trailers Yea Forums. Does it really look that bad? I love the early Hellboy books and BPRD (until I lost track of all the books I'm supposed to read) and I really want this movie to do well enough to get more adaptions in the future.

>between Shazam and Endgame
they want to kill Hellboy in every fucking way right?

Bad?

At first I was sad that Abe and Liz weren't in the new movie, but now I am thankful. Now I am thankful. Sadly, big red could not be spared this tragic fate.

Attached: HB Abe and Liz.png (500x722, 295K)

user, it's unironically a trainwreck. It's not even 'so bad it's good' bad. It's just bad.

Put it like that: GDT Hellboy is a 2004 comic movie that feels like a contemporary one (in a good way)
New Hellboy is a contemporary comic movie that feels like a 2004 one (in a bad way)

You rock 'n roll niggers say that for EVERY new movie.

At least Abe got his alternate universe solo movie.

And?

>the first one had too much boy, and this one looks like it has too much hell
That's clever, user.

/thread

>watch trailer
>looks like a comedy action adventure
>read seed of destruction
>nothing comedic

Attached: 1554235047331.png (1024x543, 647K)

So now you're shitposting on Hellboy threads too?

Everyone's getting killed and everything's getting wrapped up real, real quick.

For me, Agent Manning cancels out everything good from the Del Toro movies.

I admit, that was not a good role. But there is so much good to make up for it.

I just think of those movies as Del Toro's Hellboy.

Attached: movie Abe comic Abe.jpg (640x640, 69K)

But it was so lame. It's the worst Del Toro movie I've ever seen, and I love the guy. He deserves an Oscar but not for that shit.

Love this picture

I take it you didn’t see Crimson Peak then.

I love that movie and saw it in theaters twice. He should have gotten the oscar for that one.

I think it looks pretty cool despite the atmosphere being wrong. Looking forward to seeing gruagach. I also pre-ordered the artbook for concept art and stuff.

What they get right is very good, but what they get wrong may drag the movie down a lot. Really bummed that the scene with the giants isn't very serious since it basically destroys hellboy's conscience.

itsfunnybecauseitstrue.tiff

>I also pre-ordered the artbook for concept art and stuff.

That's the one thing I might like about this film.

All my hopes for this movie are tied to the fact that I really like a lot of other Neil Marshall movies

I mean it looks pretty bad at a glance, but Dog Soldiers, Descent, and Centurion didn't really have hype trailers either

Attached: dog-soldiers-poster.jpg (450x669, 44K)

The descent is the same director? One of my all time favourite horror movies. Whats dog soldiers about? Spoilers are ok

Why is his head looking like the Elephantman's head.

It’s about a bunch of soldiers being picked off by werewolves. Adam Savage did the practical effects.