Wow, one episode in and this show is really obnoxious. It's as manic as neo-Spongebob or Teen Titans Go...

Wow, one episode in and this show is really obnoxious. It's as manic as neo-Spongebob or Teen Titans Go. Does it get better? Why does Yea Forums love it so much?

Attached: Honeyview_S1e7_Wander_with_Westley_in_song.jpg (1365x768, 480K)

It's made by Craig Mccracken.

it has one hot girl so Yea Forums loves it

Attached: 1549157752115.jpg (1650x2550, 1.21M)

it has one hot girl so Yea Forums loves it

Attached: 1531402526939.gif (960x540, 585K)

I managed to get through the first five episodes but had to stop. I've never disliked a cartoon as much as WoY. Everything about it feels like it's made to be as obnoxious as possible.

Yeah, Sylvia is great.

Just like that spic show that was a thing while back and that show that has been deemed furry by our mods, it has one (1) good waifu and that's all it takes.
Save your self the trouble and just watch clips involving her and skip literally everything else.

Attached: 1547266377426.png (1920x1044, 2M)

just that one episode. and I dont know who voiced that character but he was just really terrible.

ingnore these people saying it got liked more for the waifu, while its true domniator fever was a thing most of those people dont even know what the show is/only got into it for her

Woy has its episodes where its a bit obnoxious but the latter half of the season really finds its mark and its genuinely good IMO ande season 2 builds on that aside from the dominator shit

Tldr: just keep watching it

I skipped it for a year and a half when it was still airing. I consider it childish and don't bottered me watching it. Then I started watching again and I now it's my favourite show of all time. Keep watching for a while, just in case

What are other cartoons that had a bumpy start and mid season 1 or season 2 it found a way to make it great?

Aziz Ansari

Trust me, it gets kino. I felt the same way at first.

ATLA

Was it the picnic episode? That's probably the worst representation of what the show actually is.

The main character sucks and everyone including the show creators understood that. When Lord Hater became the main character the show became amazing.

Wander isn’t a bad character

Wander is bae

Even if early Wander is VERY obnoxious, Hater is absolutely worth keeping on for

>implying

Dominator is my favorite character but implying that Hater and Peepers aren't the best part of the show is flat out wrong

My watching experience went like this:
I watched 4 or 6 episodes of season one, before I decided that it's absolute, unwatchable trash. But then I decided to give Season 2 a shot, and i found it to be genuinely pretty fun. Watched all of s2, then went back to s1 to fill in the gaps.

I think it gets better halfway S1, and actually pretty good in s2, and that is REGARDLESS of dominator's waifu status, but definitely BECAUSE of her presence.

See, in s2, she comes around and becomes the top dog, downgrading Hater to a villain-underdog, and i think if was a great narrative choice. He instantly becomes a much more compelling character when we don't have to pretend he's a genuine threat.

It gets really comfy and fun after awhile.

Wanderbump

>tmw you loved it even before Dominator was a thing

>Dominator goes from a pretty standard asshole to a solid deconstruction of the Chaotic Evil archetype and how going the distance on being the bad guy will make you a lonely, miserable asshole that only derives any enjoyment in life from the dopamine rush you get from being one if you have any shred of desire for social interaction at all
>no season 3 where we get a couple of episodes about how Dominator has to adapt to just being some fucking rando and not the Big Bad that illustrates this more

Jesus wept

Attached: tumblr_ovws5ntwp01r6er10o1_1280.png (1280x906, 409K)

Based

Wander is great, assuming he knows exactly what he's doing when he fucks with villains.

I always got the impression it's a show that gets better as it goes on but you need to trudge through a lot of bad shit to get to it.

I've never seen it myself though because I don't know where that actual starting point is.

Considering SU didn't get good until like episode 28 (and then got shitty again after awhile but it's watchable after a certain point until a certain point) I want to believe there's some good in it, especially since it's a Craig Mccracken show, but I don't have the patience to wade through the garbage.

The theme song alone was what turned me off of watching it when it first aired.

Dominator is for plebs, Sylvia is for patricians.

>no episode where she opens her heart to other people and stops being a feminist
Sad.

>feminism

Attached: Screenshot (1743).png (1920x267, 35K)

Good virtue signal. Go collect your good boy points for being the best male feminist you can be. I'm sure you will be rewarded with pussy and a new Nintendo Switch.

>post about how Dominator doesn't care about politics or gender statement and is just a total psycho that likes getting off to her own ego
>can't just prove someone wrong without it being a demonstration of how morally virtuous i am apparently

Attached: 1550625266612.jpg (400x411, 44K)

It puts a lot of energy into being a goofy show for kids. Either you'll have patience for that or you won't; it didn't really work for me.

I did really enjoy the episode "The Helper" though. It does some good playing with the concept & characters, and some of the designs in that episode use an unconventional, '70s-inspired art style.