Storytime

Champions #4
drama

Attached: Champions 004-000.jpg (1987x3056, 1.01M)

Attached: Champions 004-001.jpg (1987x3056, 1.57M)

Attached: Champions 004-002.jpg (1987x3056, 1.1M)

Attached: Champions 004-003.jpg (1987x3056, 1.16M)

Attached: Champions 004-004.jpg (1987x3056, 1.37M)

Attached: Champions 004-005.jpg (1987x3056, 1.78M)

Attached: Champions 004-006.jpg (1987x3056, 1.54M)

Kinda feels like the colorist gave up after this

Attached: Champions 004-008.jpg (1987x3056, 1.42M)

Attached: Champions 004-009.jpg (1987x3056, 1.32M)

Attached: Champions 004-010.jpg (1987x3056, 1.53M)

Attached: Champions 004-011.jpg (1987x3056, 1.26M)

>going for the kill
Sasuga filthy mutie

Attached: Champions 004-012.jpg (1987x3056, 1.43M)

>3rd panel
T H I R S T Y

Attached: Champions 004-013.jpg (1987x3056, 1.59M)

you have no idea

Attached: Champions 004-014.jpg (1987x3056, 1.49M)

and just like that she is best girl

Attached: Champions 004-015.jpg (1987x3056, 1.51M)

Attached: Champions 004-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.11M)

Attached: Champions 004-017.jpg (1987x3056, 1.06M)

Attached: Champions 004-018.jpg (1987x3056, 1.29M)

This is just turning into a harem anime starring Sam and I'm completely fine with that

I fully expect him to run into his old space girlfriend and then also a hot Nova corps officer who thinks he's cute

I don't think anyone knows what it means Miles

Attached: Champions 004-019.jpg (1987x3056, 1.31M)

Finally, things are starting to look better for Sam.

WAY TO GO KAMALA SOME SUPERHERO YOU ARE

Attached: Champions 004-020.jpg (1987x3056, 970K)

How many spidermen has Meph messed with?

Attached: Champions 004-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.36M)

The hell is he swinging off to?

That Black heart redesign looks a lot worse than it did when Miles fought him

Attached: Champions 004-022.jpg (1987x3056, 1.25M)

Counting Flash? I think four, he did make a deal with Ben right?

probably the airport since they went all the way to Dubai for that conversation.

Attached: Champions 004-024.jpg (1987x3056, 1.41M)

>cuts into the miles and sam arc for a event tie in
skipped a page by accident
The book is already sub 20k cut them a break.

Attached: Champions 004-023.jpg (1987x3056, 1.08M)

>The School Shooting PSA episode being plot-relevant
>Using Blackheart from Bendis' run
>Bringing in Kaldera from Sam's book

Nice of Zub to play that continuity like a fiddle.
Hope he addresses Nadia's Bipolar diagnosis when Pymtron finally plays his cards.

He's really turned this book around.

Gimmie my boy scott

Somebody's a Tsundere

>Sam peace out before an event
He's learned from Axis

I want to sit on Kaldera lap

Is it me or she looks she's about togive him a handjob on the sixth panel?

Gotta love stubborn ass Marvel... I wonder how many books will take a cancellation numbers-level hit this time...

I literately love this

Really hope this goes into Sam getting his own book again. And just want to say the Champions made the most minimal effort to keep Sam, Fuck them!

>Cured cancer
Yes Miles the girl that died would have been the one to cure cancer.

Attached: Kaldera searching for nova's helmet.jpg (922x839, 516K)

>sam has no powers
>lets him run off with a crazy murderer that tried to kill him and everyone and plans to kill him once he gets his helmet
Maybe it was a reference to Avengers letting Marcus take Carol.

Will sam also be raped?

It’s hard not to consent for a hot mess like Kaldera.

Motherfuck I hate this design. When can we get back to the old one?

Attached: Mvc2-blackheart.jpg (520x900, 126K)

I really love this stealth nova book

That's a relief. I tried to read it when Waid was writing it, and it was just garbage. I don't even hate all of Waid's books, but that one was such a misfire. If this one's been good since the renumbering, I might start there and catch up with it.

I don't think any of the Novas will get their own solo any time soon, especially after vol. 7 went down pretty quickly in sales. We will have to suffer through the team books giving us scraps.

Attached: RAPEWAIFU.png (478x566, 527K)

Ok what the fuck? I though Johnny Blaze was king of Hell and Mephisto was imprisoned in Vegas

>it's just so crazy it might work
Sam, probably, that little rascal deserves another book by Loveness

>Attack me

Well someone likes it rough.

It's alright Amadeus knows a Tsundere when he sees one.

Why do I feel like Kaldera is going to be pregnant when they come back?

I like that Kamala just believes the whole thing and there's no bullshit lines like "Lol what how is that possible, it's not was if we live in the world with gods and aliens walking around"

It's like in page from ASM talking about how people were using clones and alternate dimensions to cheat in school, that's the cool shit.

This is the first comic I've seen this chick and I already love her.

>last panel
DSL all the way.

>cute rival who wants you to be stronger so she could beat you in a fair fight
And, like that, Sam graduated from comics character to shounen hero

Timeline's are all messed up. For one in some books the FF aren't on earth yet, and a couple aren't even up to the current DD arc.

Also Hell is a huge place so it's possible he's just in Vegas Hell or someone let him out.

>The Muslim says oh my god
Maybe they do that but it doesn’t seem like something dust would say.

Yes
YES!

Cute
Well she has killed before

>Sam returning home with his new space wife and newborn

Yes please

>I have to beat you at full power
Good lord, a Sentai plot point just made the book 10 time better

A Superior Spider-man would tell him to fuck off

Hahaha

Also, there is a girl crazy for Sam, and he doesn’t immediately drop the ball but sits in her lap like the absolute shota he is.

I guess the core members of the champions are split up for now? At least Sam looks like he'll have a good time.

Attached: 1552409242960.jpg (800x867, 104K)

I think this is end 2nd act. Low point.

>an intergalactic assassin cares more about Sam than his own team

Damn. No one else on the team offered to help him get his helmet back.

What? Otto is probably one of the easiest people to manipulate. People without mystical powers do it all the time. I don't think Meph would bother though because Otto soul is literally damned already. Why buy something you already own?

he's gonna swing all the way back to America

I think Sam mentioned before he felt ostracized by the team since he lost his helmet. The only ones he talked to was Miles and Kamala. Conveniently both of them were away at the time he decided to leave. I doubt they would have let him go without more thought or at least without coming up with a way for them to go with him.

>we want the virgin audience

Why only 31 issues? Wasn’t their a champions book in the 70s?

I don't think it's out of character. Dust is very formal and avoids cursing, but I don't see this as cursing or disrespecting the Lord.

I like that in her usual crowd the kill would've happened and everyone would just be like "Well she asked for it"

Falcon's green suit looks pretty ugly

So yeah, he only did it for the LOLs.

This is a great moment, but the art in the last panel ruins it.

>miles

Stupid americans, kilometers are better

That's a great sketch.

Based, someone knows who still buys comics.

No. Though if something like this were to happen, you just know Kaldera would leave the family for some reason. It would be just like how Sam's dad was separated from his family.

I think he means she would, as a native Arabian speaker, probably exclaim: "Ya Allah!", instead.
Much like French native characters would default to: "Mon Dieu!", or German characters to: "Mein Gott!", which is basically all the same phrase in different languages, allowing for it to stand without translation.
But I have noticed in Ms. Marvel and other books before that they actually seem to avoid anyone using the word Allah unless directly citing the Quran or in Arabic conversational context.
It would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind this.
I can see two possibilities: Either they want to avoid a false association with Islamic terrorists who admittedly abuse the shit out of the word, or they are trying to emphasise the theological unity of the Abrahamic religions as they relate to the same divine entity and reference each other. Using the term Allah would give the impression of a completely theologically independent religion worshipping a different divine entity to anyone not already familiar with Arabic terms in Islamic theology.
Much like having a Jewish character refer to YHWH by whatever Hebrew terms would have that same alienating effect.

>It will be a tight squeeze, little meat
LMAO
Just like my anime. I'm fucking dying here, this is so good.

I asked Zub this a while ago and he said they weren't doing a Legacy numbering with this because it was a different team and focus. It's like doing Legacy by using Bendis' Defenders and conflating it with the classic team... It just wouldn't work.

>dubai
And now i´m having spec ops: the line flashbacks.

Johnny's still king of hell, he was shown in the last issue of Avengers. We don't know how Mephisto got out, but he's planning something he appeared in a few books recently.

>We don't know how Mephisto got out, but he's planning something he appeared in a few books recently.
Reminder there's some dangling plotline from Defenders: The Last Defense, when he appeared there to take the souls from the tiger demons.

She's Sam's girl, mate.

DICK SHIP
AWAY.

I can dream

>immediately blames herself
Ouch.

>Storyline is actually getting really good but gets cucked by an event.

Par for the course. At least next issue is gonna bring back an adult Cyclops, and the weirdness that it entails.

>there was a time Yea Forums hated Sam and everything he was in

Man, if only we gave him a real chance sooner.

Just like every other teen succesor hero in the last decade, terrible origin story that taints it for years until someone else picks up the character and does something actually interesting with them.

Sam's last ongoing having Dick show up and them going on space adventures together saved Sam for a lot of people.

Why couldn't he get some of these team dynamics in Thunderbolts?

Because events got in the way and ruined its pacing right off the bat. It didn't help that Malin was the one doing the art...

It just felt like the Bucky and Kobik show for like half the issues. We didn't even get Melissa back until the very end of the book which then had half the team go with Zemo. Have to wonder where they are even at.

>hey, 17yo goody-two-shoes, I made the devil turn back time to make you not die, but an innocent bystander got killed instead, and I have been guilting myself to death over it, TEAM LEADER
Yeah, that's kinda what you would expect from a girl whose "save the world!" team just got sucked into a my-life-for-yours scenario with the devil.
I mean, this is so far from what she normally does, it must be terrifying.
After 50 issues of Wilson fluff, you can't really deal with blood on your hands and your own mortality.

thank you Zub

Yea Forums do not get weird about this. This is an anti-platonic pairing, no possible /ss/.

sometimes writers just don't get certain characters
He wasn't a good pick for TB like Waid wasn't a good pick for Champions

>Much like French native characters would default to: "Mon Dieu!", or German characters to: "Mein Gott!", which is basically all the same phrase in different languages, allowing for it to stand without translation.
I don't know for Germans but Frenchs barely use "Mon Dieu !" nowadays (and for decades). Americans say "Oh my God!" all the time. A French person saying "Oh mon Dieu !" all the time would be perceived as very religious.

really? I like it, but he should call himself The Parrot.

don't you guys say "juste ciel" or something like that

No, they say "Sacre bleu!"

Then Kamala would make excellent step mom

Attached: 1535247798829.jpg (556x578, 77K)

Are you fucking serious? The Champions do NOTHING to help Sam, then he fucks off to his own book?

Couldn't they just give him a suit of Iron Man armor or something? Or get a blood transfusion from Miles?

So the girl was no-one important?

Doesn't that mean the trade was worth it?

>then he fucks off to his own book?
user... He has no book. All this will happen in Champions.
>Couldn't they just give him a suit of Iron Man armor or something?
Pretty sure the only reason they didn't was because he was too proud to ask. This has been brought up before. Are you just reading this issue while skipping the rest?

Sam goes on space adventures with his Yandere alien gf while everyone else is stuck in an event.

On a purely all lives are equal basis yes. The trade saved the entire block all of it's residents plus Kamala and Viv. It's a literal bargin. Sisko would do it.

Attached: 1546232779120.png (1290x858, 689K)

wtf drew that body...
it looks terrible & disproportional af.

MY BOY SAM FLYING OFF TO SPACE WITH A HOT AND PSYCHOTIC VILLAINFU THAT WANTS TO KILL HIM

Attached: aeb.png (300x900, 441K)

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING!

Attached: Champions_Kaldera_edit.png (1845x589, 2.43M)

Sam learned to ditch events a while ago. He left Civil War 2 after the dumb fight on the helicarrier and was in space with Rich during Secret Empire. He doesn't want to get his ass kicked again.

Yea Forums only hated Sam for like a year because of his horrible introduction in AvX and the hamfisted promotion that Loeb gave it. The hype train started as soon as Wells first and then Duggan got on the main book - Yea Forums used to make Nova threads all the time calling Sam "teenage silver age Hal" and was basically the only place on the internet where the NINO campaign not only didn't take root, but was openly mocked.

Maybe they just don't want to turn Marvel headquarters into a new Charlie Hebdo

Both are very old school expressions, like first part of the 20th century old school. Most casual expressions don't reference religion nowadays.

I mostly remember Sam as "That poor motherfucker who you want to root for because his life is absolute SHIT". Peter Parker Luck syndrome, really.

Bold of Marvel to design a ship based on Dr. Manhattan's penis. Even DC themselves are reluctant to show it in Doomsday Clock.

its yandere

Lmao the fuck is this pose in the last panel? Also what the fuck is his web latching on to? Previous panel clearly shows there's jack to his right.

>Also what the fuck is his web latching on to?

The Moon of course.

Where's that chart that puts "Villains being evil for the sake of being evil" in Shit Tier?

Samalafag here. This turn of events drives a wedge in my chaos-magic shipping efforts but I'm intrigued in seeing where this goes, especially if it leads into Kamala and Kaldera fighting each other for Nova's heart (figuratively and/or literally, respectively).

Attached: b7fe0d0b0e85d1d1d2d066aca715448a.jpg (540x540, 56K)

NOVA M'BOY

TIME TO BECOME A MAN

Worth it to who? Mephisto basically states that the purpose of the deal is specifically to torment Miles, and play havoc with his moral compass.

People's value isn't measured by their accomplishments, user.

That was fucking awful.

shameful but heavy unf

Allah literally means God though.

I want her to return as a villain.

Attached: D22mB6wXgAEIygq.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

>how much this mask is gonna take from me
Everything. Being Spider-Man is suffering.

so it just to fuck with miles huh, neat

>she has scars from the needles Proxima Midnight put in the chamber
Nice attention to detail from the artist.

it's more an invest for him against spiderman

He also recently acquired Deadpool's heart, maybe he's creating some kind magical object that will make him powerful enough to take his throne back from Johnny.

I gave Zub a lot of shit for his Thunderbolts, but his Champions has been 10/10.

CosmicBookNews ain't gonna like this.

Attached: 1318965829197.jpg (134x151, 11K)

He was imprisoned by Wong. In Doctor Strange, Wong was kidnapped by the Mystic IRS, thus allowing Mephisto to get free.

>since the renumbering
Its been good since Zub took over, which happened in the original run around issue... 19 or so? I don't know why they didn't just renumber then, but that's the real start of the run.

I'm just hoping we get Ryder meeting Kaldera for another one of these pages.

Attached: RCO018_1483593467.jpg (1041x1600, 614K)

Alright I’m going out and buying this trade now this shit is great

Except the other way around (Kaldera getting her mind read) and Sam's mom is there?

Not even a deal. Mephisto literally gave Miles a free do-over solely so he could get off from Miles' mental anguish.

Why does Kamala keep making herself the leader when she is always showed to be brash and emotional? Shouldn't anyone else be leader?

miles isn´t really a leader, sam is currently useless and the writer clearly doesn´t want cho to actually do anything, so there are no other options.

It's less that Kamala makes herself the leader and more that the writers keep putting her in the leadership position only to further put her in a situation that compromises her ability to lead.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time that she's been like "I'm a crappy leader."

> Riri and Viv are unironically autistic
> Miles and Nova have even less impulse control
> chink hulk is even more brash
> Wasp has a full blown mental illness, also is leading another team
> the eskimo girl has been in the superhero business for like a month
I'm pretty sure i forgot someone but she's honestly the best choice.

One of the best modern runs. Loveness and Perez should reunite and finish it.

It finished 2 years ago.

I know... What I mean was that I want them to do a new Nova book with all these dropped ideas, instead of having Richard jobbing to dumbasses in Cates' GOTG and Sam in the background of Champions getting a slow-paced development.

Do you feel like a hero?

Whatever happened to the goth girl he had a crush on, the one who knew his secret identity?

Fuck off already mephisto, get killed again by excalibur or quasar or something

kamala was told that the rumors of her survival were greatly exagerated.

Personally, I think Landy, the guy who wrote Black Order recently, would do a much job on a Nova book.

A straight Rich Rider book for sure, I don't know if Landy can write teens the way Zub is, though. But I do believe Landy has the chops for a good cosmic book either way, he showed it in Black Order (sans the last issue, unfortunately) and I hope he gets a chance to do more.

Nice! I have to finish that game.

Sims knows the character pretty well
Same goes for Loveness but i doubt he'll ever get to touch the character again since he failed the first time.

Bowers and Sims? Darkhawk, Sleepwalker and now Nova? Dudes gonna have a gallery of underrated C-listers in their belt.
Bring Todd Nauck or Hyuk Lim and you'd have a perfect book.

>falcon: the man born without a personality
Don’t worry, adult cyke is gonna give Kamala a pep talk next issue.

I wouldn't be surprised if those guys favorite story is the League of Losers
here's hoping for Gravity and Speedball to come back

I half expect Scott to give great advice but ultimately be rejected because the man runs his team like a military operation and he is way more organized doing shit like creating full dossiers on all potential threats for pre-emptive strikes while Kamala just wants to fight the bad guys and do disaster relief.

Kamala doesnt even really want to fight the bad guys, if i recall correctly she's more interested in the champions being a force of change, whatever the fuck that means.
It was brought up halfway through the first run when she realized all they were doing was fighting that one mercenary group with evil punk girl luke cage.

Obviously. My point is that you would see such exclamations not translated for other languages.

ahhh... so ka... arigato Shogun Yoshida-sensei

Damn Bendis's presence was a universal debuff, ever since he left almost all books got this sudden uptick in quality, even UNSTOPPABLE WASP got some great pages and moments.

So how's Champions doing sales wise?

Not good. Zub actually addressed this earlier today, but I didn't post the tweets since he mentions piracy and how he'd like people to actually buy the book instead of reading it for free, and Yea Forums is super touchy about it and doesn't want to face the truth so I refrained from doing so.
But he mentions it's not in the cancellation line yet.

Because Sam's book was shit until the Dick Rider bro-op, which was way too late.

As someone who just buys trades I feel bad about all that stuff, books get cancelled behind the scenes before the first trade comes out nowadays.

I can't support the book monthly so I'm in that same position, I can only preorder the trades in hopes that it keeps going. What am I gonna do, move to the US? I don't even think my money directly goes to them even though I buy from online US retailers, but I still do my part.
It does suck, but piracy in this case it's always a distribution AND price issue. If the singles were much cheaper, I'd subscribe the fuck out of them.

Based Pymtron!

Yo, I'm not reading this shit. Is Sam getting his helmet back from the shitty mall cop Novas yet?
He needs it so we can get a new Rich & Sam book written by Loveness.

Attached: nova sentence.jpg (590x295, 184K)

They're not doing that again, and especially not with the same writers. Let it go.
There wont be any solo Nova title unless one of them, which would be Rich, gets an MCU appearance

Naw, his would-be assassin murder girl goes with him to get it back so she can kill him in duel and regain her honor.

I dont know who you think you're fooling. NuMarvel is just as shit as it's been for years.

Are you the same faggot who complains about comics (not just Marvel, comics) completely ruined by liberals?

No, like 99.9% of Yea Forums, recognize that comics were ruined by SJWs, not liberals.

You think you speak for a majority here? Fucking delusional. You're just another idiot who doesn't read comics but lurks threads like these to shit on whatever people are enjoying to proudly announce just how much of a shithead nerd he is.

The latest avengers issue has shown that Johnny Blaze Became Dangerous as the King of Hell and the Ghost Rider isnt liking

Remember when Noble Kale Became the King of Hell and Satan Wrestled him out to torment Johnny Blaze and force Danny to become GR once again?

They will repeat the Return of Johnny Blaze by Daniel Way all over again, but with but with Robbie taking johnny and the others out of hell, and Releasing Mephy on Real world for real

Oh sweet they actually finally brought her back

No, I'm speaking for myself.
It just so happens that it's what everyone else has been saying for almost a decade now, you know, since everyone was laughing at each other when nuMarvel turned their favorite character into a retarded minority and/or woman. The reason why nuMarvel is still terrible because with few exceptions, all the same SJWs who unironically thought that was a good idea are the same people still working there.
And marvelcucks deserve to get shit on. NuMarvel will never improve if you retards will defend literal shit on a page.

>tl;dr, muh numarvel!!!
Fuck off. I already wasted too much time reading that drivel. You have no reason to be here anyway.