Now I feel bad for shazam. the endgame trailer and fandango crash is just too much to go up against

now I feel bad for shazam. the endgame trailer and fandango crash is just too much to go up against.

Attached: 1531403185062.png (1920x1080, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm going friday.

As long as they stick to the Marvel formula for making movies, the film won't be a total flop. I'm going after I hear what critics have to say

>Marvel invented humor

I'm still not seeing it cause he looks too much like Jimmy Fallon

Misery is what DCucks deserve.
I still feel bad for Zach though, he should have picked his contracts more wisely.

>DCuck in denial

As always.

Doesn’t endgame come count in like 2-3weeks? Billy will be fine

>DC is fun and light-hearted
>Marvel is dark and depressing

Finally.

unpopular opinion but I don't mind Snyder's autistic vision for Batman. he should use guns and kill if he's going to fight monstrosities like Doomsday but Man of Steel was not the right foundation to build a cinematic universe over.

Superman should not be moody or dark. nuff said

Man of steel was a perfectly fine movie and actually did modern fay superman right.

3, Endgame will have literally zero impact on Shazam.

Marvel invented cape films that make billions back to back

Pretty sure Batman did it first.

Superman did come across fairly gay

>I'm going after I hear what critics have to say
There's been over 100 reviews and it's still over 90%

I just saw it about 20 minutes ago. The theater was over half full. It's not going to be setting any records but it will be profitable. I had a great time with it

>and actually did modern fay superman right.
Mostly. Speaking of that Shazam did something that MoS should have. When he's punched by Sivana you can see that his nose is bleeding. Superman should have suffered some damage getting hit by Zod

Jimmy Fallon is based though

>Marvel invented cape films
Tum Burton’s Batman literally legitimized superhero films you nonce.

One of the first successful superhero movies was Captain Marvel in 1941.

Attached: AdvCptMarvel.jpg (256x382, 33K)

Richard Donner's Superman legitimized superhero movies ten years before Burton's Batman.

How exactly is it "modern"? Something being DARK AND GRITTY NO FUCKING DREAM WORLD doesn't make it modern. Superman has been modern in the comics for 30 years and he's nothing like Snyder's shitty version.

Don't worry

In a couple days you'll forget this DC piece of shit ever even existed

All the Endgame and Captain Marvel news is stopping Shazam from getting clear advertising air.

I like what you're trying here but your shilling becomes obvious towards the end

>Misery is what DCucks deserve.
This. They've been acting like top dog since the 90s it's only fair they suffer now that they know they were only on top because Based Marvel wasn't even trying

It's not about when it comes out moron

It's about it taking away attention and interest from the movies out now

Like hannukah and Christmas

>advertising of Movie X three days before the release of Movie Y will negatively impact Movie Y
Also people are able to go see more that one movie per month.

Too bad that won't change your box office

If anything this might convince DC to just stop making movies now that they know they won't make movies when they're dark or when they're like Marvel

Did batman have 3 billion dollar movies in a single year? Because Marvel does

Not like it had any before

>movies that don’t make a billion dollars aren’t successes

Attached: AEC37398-FB55-43DA-B724-A23AC291A3C0.png (1228x1150, 191K)

But they don't WANT to

It genuinely amazes me how DC fans like you can be so stupid

Attached: 1554247186823.jpg (1067x1543, 717K)

In this day and age when there's at least 10 movies a year that do? Yes

>DC piece of shit ever even existed

It’s actually great though. Better than WW and Aquaman. Would rank as one of the better Marvel movies too. Definitely way better than Captain Marvel was.

t. Saw it last night

Funny, in my theater during the previewings all of the seats were full.
>But they don't WANT to
Not everyone is as invested in company wars as you are, ladderbro.

You do know that Aquaman just made over a billion right?

>during the previewings
Because they're special events you moron

In fact they're probably the reason it's doing so badly now

But that’s wrong, faggot.
Shazam coudl only make 300 million and that would be great for it.

Company war faggots are the biggest retards, jesus christ. DC literally had better movies in the 90s until Spider-Man and X-Men came out. Then, the Nolan movies came out and those were great as well. The only cape movies that are awful are the current Disney movies, IW, WS, and BP being the exceptions and Justice League

>In fact they're probably the reason it's doing so badly now
Just like how it was gonna hurt Aquaman, right?
Also, most of the movie rooms chosen dir the event were very small.

>durr a movie with little competition and an entire month to itself did goodish so this movie no one gives a fuck about will also do good with lots of competition and 2 weeks to itself
Thank you once again for proving how stupid you fucktards really are

Going to be hilarious when it doesn't even come in at #1 this weekend

>advertising of Movie X three days before the release of Movie Y will negatively impact Movie Y
I mean...yeah, that's how advertising works, especially when the movie is going to be one of the biggest of all time. Plus it's not just Endgame and it's not just 3 days. Captain Marvel has been getting near daily headlines as well.

Shazam is just getting overshadowed.

>little competition
That's some selective memory you've got there ladderbro. People were saying Aquaman wasn't going to wing its first weekend.

Little competition? Are you talking about Aquaman? It literally had Mary Poppins 2, Bumblebee, AND Spiderverse as direct competition. Just how retarded are you exactly? I would argue that last December was one of the hardest months for any studio out there

Did you know Shazam was trending on Twitter yesterday? Bet you didn't. It only happened for a couple minutes until Endgame announced its tickets were on sale and now the only people talking about it are in this thread telling morons like you it's going to bomb.

It's a decent movie, but its a bad superman movie.

Synder clearly doesn't "get" superman, and I think he actually resents people who do. I guess that is the natural consequence of believing in a self centered ideology like objectivism. I would bet good money he was happy when his daughter died because then she could no longer make him look bad in front of his shallow industry friends.

Why the fuck are these thread always filled with Marvelfags.
We get it, you hate this movie and want it to fail. Do you have to shit up everyone elses fun at the same time?

Again, people like to see more than one movie a month. Also, Shazam got a fuckload of promotion internationally last month, so I don’t think it will vanish from people’s minds three days before official release.

If it weren't for the "marvelfags" aka smart people this thread would have died without a single reply

I don't think it's going to bomb, it's basically impossible given its low budget. It just won't be the smash hit it should be given its incredibly positive response. It could very well break even OW but it won't make a huge profit. It'd guess final WW would be $500-$600 mil.

Just fuck off/
Why the hell isn't this shit bannable

>I don’t think it will vanish from people’s minds three days before official release.
You're right it vanished a month before release. The only thing the advertising did was make sure WB loses even more money then they should have.

Attached: D2Hz-dhXgAAfSxO.jpg (1536x2048, 391K)

So what sort of excuse will MCUshits use when it turns out Shazam isn’t a failure?

Attached: A365E89B-8AAC-4270-849F-250DEC34C3ED.jpg (205x205, 6K)

Can't we all just get along?

Attached: ridiculous.jpg (570x701, 161K)

I'm huge DCfag, I'm just being realistic.

But people have to have heard about a movie in order to go see it and as I've explained a huge chunk of its advertising oxygen is being sucked up by other movies and has been for weeks. And some people (especially family's) will choose between two movies to see.

>HAHA BUT MY BELOVED CAPTAIN MARVEL MADE X AMOUNT BEFORE YOUR SHAZAM! HAHAHA! xD
I think Marvel drones invented coping

>I'd guess final WW would be $500-$600 mil.
It would be lucky to get that much. More likely it will get $230 - $300 million which is probably the break even point but coming right off the billion dollar Aquaman means someone is probably getting fired... again... for the third time

Attached: DxYhnBNUwAE60t6.jpg (284x299, 8K)

Why on Earth would you shill for Disney? They're killing cinema. Mouseshills have nor dignity nor honor.

Disney pays them off like they do with critics. it's best to pay them on the head and tell them to move along.

>pay
pat*

Depends on what "isn't a failure" is. If Shazam makes $400 million that "isn't a failure" by objective measures since its break even point is like $230 million but it's still a failure compared to everything else this year

If it made $800 million then it would be impossible to call it a failure but we all know that won't happen

I come to realization that there are no marvel fans. No one really cares about marvel and their "heroes". These "people" who are shilling for MCU doing it for mouse and mouse only. The moment MCU ends, marvel will be forgotten. And all these shills will be working on praising new sjwars or some other shit. It will be hilarious.

>durr a movie with little competition
"Herr Bumblebee got positively received! Aquaman should consider pushing release date"

Attached: 1549281547644.jpg (599x679, 84K)

Disney knows it fucked Star Wars up so they're relying on pumping for life into the MCU, even though Endgame really is its culmination.

0.0% chance it makes that little. The floor is $400 mil.

>As long as they stick to the Marvel formula for making movies
Making every movie a 2 hour trailer for the next event movie? Casting a big named actor for the villain only to kill him off? No thanks!

>little competition and an entire month to itself

I love when you fuckers rewrite history to fit your narrative. Shows how dishonest you are.

It still has a two week window to do well and I think the only major competition will be Hellboy

>complains about company war faggots
>claims most of the MCU is worse than BvS
You can't even hide it well, can you? Even Captain Marvel is better than that mess by virtue of being shorter so viewers can leave sooner
People already know about it and plenty of older folks are more than interested in seeing the Captain Marvel they've know growing up on the silver screen.

At best it gets $40 million this weekend if it has the best second weekend drop ever that's $65 - $70 million total by the time Endgame comes out

So unless it magically gets $330 million from every other country on earth it won't even make the "floor"

Attached: 2gt3dk2.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Plenty of older folks were interested in seeing lone ranger and all those religious pieces of shit but that didn't make them box office juggernauts

And Pet Sematary which people are way more interested in seeing and comes out the same day

Are you sure, I could have sworn that was a May release? Like the only horror I knew was coming out in April was La Llorana.

>Shazam has double Pet Secretary's tracking numbers.
Shazam has the family ticket draw with being PG-13. Remember how you kept bragging about Mary Poppins 2 having that "8-to-80" draw power?

>marvelfags
>smart people
Look at yourself and your mental retardation. You really believe that shit. I hate how retards like you give actual Marvel fans a bad reputation. All you know is whining and moaning about DC when Phase 2 and 3 are fucking shit piles. It's funny to see how in actual comic threads, people like both DC and Marvel, even the movies, while you company war faggots try to divide everyone. You're pathetic as it gets

I think that spunds realistic. Have yet to see it but it looks decent. One can only hope I suppose, yet at the same time I'm not optimistic given the fact that my theater literally started selling tickets on monday. Guess what they were shilling before that as top 1 and 2 movies, CM and fucking Dumbo. I hate european cinemas

>Hellboy without Ron P/Del Taco
Shazam! will do fine.

Please stop replying to ladderbro

I'm a DC and Marvel fan and what Disney has done to the franchise is despicable. Phase 1 was better than every other Phase by a long shot. IW and Endgame won't change that after serving us Ragnarok and CM

But BvS unfortunately is better than most of the MCU (Phase 1 and WS were better though). BvS is technically a better movie than the crap Disney is churning out. I outright hated BvS after seeint it in the theater because some plot points didn't make sense and because the pacing was too fast. The Ultimate Cut literally improved on every issue except for Jimmy being a CIA agent

>when Phase 2 and 3 are fucking shit piles
Phase 1 was a turd too. And so are the DCEU movies. I agree that there is no point in being divisive, since all these movies are so fucking awful.

Man of steel sucked, batman vs superman was over bloated mess, justice league was a step in the right direction but fell flat in the last act, captian marvel looks bad and the mcu special effects are horribly dated, brie is not good looking nor a good actor, company brand loyalty is for retards, Yea Forums needs to leave, they are worse than bronies, and all super hero movies suck ass since they spend more time out of costume than in since they would rather show their face rather than play the character they're getting paid to act for. The only good comic movie that was 100% faithfull to its source material was the last dredd movie.

Nah, man, I can't agree with you on that one. Phase 1 without Avengers was totally fine. Every movie had its own uniqueness and interesting characters. Whedon fucked everything up by introducing mediocre comedy elements and cheap action scened plus CGI. Almost every MCU movie has been doing that crap ever since that

Is this the DC flops thread? Because we just got a new one

youtube.com/watch?v=t433PEQGErc

>joker movie starring joaquin phoenix
>flopping
It'll make it's money back 5 fold.

>Man of Steel was not the right foundation to build a cinematic universe over.
It was fine. Marvel movies have made people so stupid, they think there's only one proper way to do capeshit. I feel like people have honestly forgotten what it's like to watch a regular movie which doesn't require multiple years and phases of movies in order to introduce characters.

>As long as they stick to the Marvel formula for making movies
Make 30 movies to tell 1 story that could've been done in 10?

>you

Attached: Blank+_202e672878ac585c3e1717d9968678c1.jpg (326x239, 28K)

I will say this. I bought tickets for tomorrow's showing and it's one of those theater with reserve seating and only one other seat was taken for a prime time showing.
Meanwhile all day yesterday AMC's site was fucked because of Endgame presales and I had to drive out to the theater to get the very last seat available for an overflow screening.

This actually bothers me. Almost none of the MCU movies are able to stand on their own because you always miss out on some background info if you don't watch all of it. Phase 1 did the right thing but Phase 2 and 3 took it way too far

My cinema literally hid the reservation button for the Shazam showings. I doubt Disney is paying them off but it's obvious they want to force people to watch the Disney movies because those are more popular

Mouseshills don't know any better

Your precious Snyder was going to do it in 5

That's awfully kind of you to let Snyder live rent free in your head.

Snyder is a hack but he was against rushing it so much, it was all the corrupt Kevin Tsujihara fault for rushing the whole thing to get his bonus.

Marvelfags are know for having a inferiority complex. They constantly mention/bash DC even if there is no need to

And thank fuck both Snyder and mostly Tsujihara are out of the decision making for DC because I shouldn't have to watch Aquaman to get background info on what happens in the Batman movie.

The sheer amount of autism in this thread is astounding. Since when are there so many Yea Forums fags on Yea Forums? I know it's been said over and over again that most Yea Forumscks don't even read comics anymore, but why arr you fucking faggots giving so many fucks about how the movies make? It doesn't change the fact that most capeshit movies are still mediocre hype-riding garbage catered to fucktard movie goers who want easy to digest blockbusters that "seem" to be niche. Take your fucking box office figures to and stop shitting all over the actual comic book discussions.

>Inb4 comicz wud be ded if not fer muh multimillion company movies gibbing exposurrrr
This is the fucking comics board. Go to Yea Forums if you want to discuss the cinematic universes of whichever company you're shilling for, because if sperg this much about the movies, you're clearly one of "those" that only started to skim the surface of the capeshit genre outside of big screens and don't care for the actual comics

Attached: 2tKvtwM.gif (500x333, 291K)

WW and Aquaman are good

Something about how it has no women or POC playing a main role and about how it benefited from the sexism towards Captain Marvel. They'll argue that Captain Marvel could have made more if white supremacist shitlords hadn't used their Aryan magic to put up a force field around theaters to keep excited little girls from seeing their favorite superhero, and that more black people would have seen it if they weren't all in jail because of our racist prison system. They'll say that Yea Forums hackers spliced into the mainframe through the darknet and electronically diverted funds from the NAACP and National Organization for Women to buy up the empty seats from all the Shazam showings.

If Shazam truly blows CM out of the water, I fully expect to see a headline saying "Shazam Dominated the Box Office This Weekend, And It's Disgusting" or "Shazam's Success Shows How Racist, White America is STILL Holding Us Hostage In Its Adolescent Male Power Fantasy" or some shit.

This. I'd like to have a discussion about live action cape shit now and then, but this isn't about the movie a all, this is 90% meta arguments about how the movies will do, and what kind of soulless fuck cares this much about which corporate behemoth will make more money this month?
I'm starting to think that maybe live action discussion should be banished to the shithole that is Yea Forums

Attached: Seconded.jpg (200x200, 6K)