>The Vulture
>Ego
>Hela
>Zemo
>Winter Soldier
>Based Justin Hammer

Great DCEU Villains
>Zod

Why does everyone say Marvel has shitty villains again?

Attached: MCU-Villains.jpg (1710x900, 242K)

Replace Hela and Hammer with Stane and Klau. And add General Ross, Blonsky, and Leader.

>Only got good after two phases
I don't know, OP

Zod is better than all of them in the comics

The MCU started out with good villains.
They kept fucking killing them for some god forsaken reason though.

Comic Zod was never a good villain.
The fuck are you talking about?

>Justin
>Whiplash
>Ronan
>Ultron
>Strucker
>Malekith
>Good

This.

>Zemo
You mean dudeman mcpersonface?

>>Justin
>>Whiplash
>>Ronan
>>Ultron
>>Strucker
>>Malekith
>>Good

None of those are phase one villians user.
Those are relatively recent additions and they are all shit.

Whiplash had a tiny bit of potential.
And Malekith before Portman and Feige conspired to get it changed to that unbelievable clusterfuck of god awful shit was a potentially good villian.

>Thanos
>Hela
>Ego

Great MCU villains:
Thanos, Loki, Killmonger, Vulture, Zemo

Decent MCU villains:
Ego, Hela, Iron Monger, Crossbones (and only because they were all portrayed by great actors)

Boring generic forgettable MCU villains:
Raza, Crimson Whiplash, Justin Hammer, Red Skull, Laufey, General Ross, Abomination, Killian-Mandarin, Alexander Pierce, Yellowjacket, Ronan, Ultron, Kaecillius, Dormammu, Ghost, Sonny Birch

Awful MCU villains:
Malekith

oh I guess Klaue was entertaining, he can go in the great category too just by virtue of being so fun to watch

but seriously that's like a 1:3 ratio of interesting villains to bland ones

>Loki
>Ego
>Zemo
>Good villains

Abomination and Ross are actually good.
Yellow Jacket is what I was hoping Ultron would be, not a swarmy cocksucker.
Ultron should have been an evil Tony Stark unhinged and controlling.
James spader should have become the new Jarvis.
Loki? The fuck does loki actually have going for him?

Rumor states that Klau isn't actually dead. He's been transformed into a half sound half light monster.

I was hoping they'd do that but Idk how that would fit with the way they killed him off

He's a cyborg and powered by vibranium.
They can bullshit some nonsense up about him being a Marvel and him becoming some kind of vibranium powered energy being

I'm not baiting here, I'm being absolutely honest - can somebody
explain to me why they consider Zemo out of all characters to be a great villain?
I found him to be the most absolutely forgettable one. He had dull motivation, an okay plan, zero interesting dialogue and objectively the blandest appearance out of all CHARACTERS in the entire MCU. Random bystanders have more menacing presence.
Please explain. What am I missing?

Nothing. They are just playing him up because he's a LE EBUL NAZI and the russo's have added dick in terms of characters to the Mythos.

Shit Alexander Pierce is the only good Cap villain in the entire mythos.

You forgot the objectively best MCU villain: Arnim Zola
I miss him so much

He's great because he's a regular guy. He's not a typical comic book or even movie villain. When you think about the collateral damage that the heroes in the movies cause and the loss of life that he suffered, in a way you could almost see him as the hero. And it was brilliant to make the Marvel heroes be seen as villains themselves from a certain perspective. You can't relate to Hela or Loki but you can relate to the guy who lost his family and wants to get revenge.

>They are just playing him up because he's a LE EBUL NAZI
He's Ex-Sokovian intelligence with a personal grudge, you donut.

Okay, I can understand that logic.
And it makes sense why you would put him in one category south Vulture and Killmonger, I guess.
Still, i think his absolute lack of charisma is a huge drawback. He's a great IDEA of a villain, but a still an unimpressive instance.

He's hydra which means he's nazi.
I don't fucking give a shit what euroslav country they say that unremarkable faggot comes from.
He's still 500% trash.

>He's hydra which means he's nazi.
Nigger, did you read "Zemo" and hear "Zola" in your head, or did you just assume every villain with a German accent is HYDRA/Nazi? Zemo said HYDRA belongs on the ash heap of history.

How come killmonger is any good?
His plan only succeeded cus everyone else was acting like retard
His motivation was shit, his plan was to free all black bros from what? Themselves? There is a reason most of Africa isn’t that great, and it’s not white oppression

there's also the fact that he basically won, he successfully managed to disband the Avengers, that counts for something

>His motivation was shit, his plan was to free all black bros from what? Themselves?
well, yeah, his plan was to take over the world, he'd be "liberating" the other nations of the world by putting them under enlightened Wakandan rule

There are like 20 marvel villains yet most of them have lame fights, unmemorable music and inconsequential actions like simply dying never appearing again. Dcu just started and have barely any villains yet the ones we’ve seen have actual motives, memorable music, fights and screen time. Mcu loki, thanos, ghost and kilmonger are the only ones that have had development and didn’t look stupid in their own flicks and killed immediately etc so far 4/20 isn’t a good record. I like marvel movies but the strong suit is the hero’s and comedy not villains

Why do people keep putting Killmonger in their lists? He's a stupid villain. Drama queen version of Zemo. Sure he did kick the crap out of Tchalla once, so I guess that's something.

Also, Orm is great. And so was Manta.

Ares was meh. Dr. Poison was waifu-level.

you ever notice how 90% of the MCU's primary and secondary villains fall into one of three basic types?

Type A: unassuming middle-aged white dude in a suit
>Stane: generic evil businessman, but Jeff Bridges gave a good performance
>Hammer: generic evil businessman
>Pierce: generic evil businessman (ok, politician, same thing really)
>Mandarin: generic evil businessman/scientist
>Yellowjacket: generic evil businessman/scientist
>Ross: generic evil military leader

Type B: scary looking criminal/terrorist tough guy
>Red Skull: generic nazi terrorist
>Crossbones: generic nazi terrorist
>Raza: generic terrorist
>Whiplash: generic terrorist
>Batroc: generic terrorist
>Blonsky: generic mercenary
>Sonny Birch: generic arms dealer
>Klaue: generic arms dealer, but really fun to watch

Type C: sci-fi/fantasy stock villain archetype
>Abomination: generic monster
>Ultron: generic evil robot
>Ronan: generic alien conquerer
>Yon Rogg: generic alien conquerer
>Kaecillius: generic dark sorcerer
>Dormammu: generic cosmic horror monster
>Laufey: generic high fantasy dark lord
>Malekith: generic high fantasy dark lord
>Hela: generic high fantasy dark lord, but at least she was entertaining
>Ego: generic malevolent space entity, but at least he was played by Kurt Russell

Villains who actually have real developed characters and motivations:
>Talos
>Loki
>Killmonger
>Vulture
>Thanos
>Zemo, although he lacked presence and gravitas
>Ghost, although she still managed to be kinda bland

so that's 4 villains who are both well-developed and memorable, 4 who were memorable but not well-developed, 2 who were well-developed but not memorable, and a whole bunch who were neither well-developed nor memorable (Malekith probably being the absolute worst example, with Ronan coming in close second)

not the best track record, and I say that as an MCU fan

*5 villains who are both well-developed and memorable, still not that much better considering we've had 21 films

So essential its just your girst time seeimg a anti hero?

I wish I could say I view Zemo on the same level as Thanos or at least Vulture, but nu-uh.

I think they changed too much to the point where he is significantly unrecognizable. He's not even technically a Captain America villain even.

>How come killmonger is any good?
He was kinda hot except for that weird skin thing.

Doesn’t have a costume and provides exposition dump at the end of the movie. Doesn’t even fight anyone , zemo was a plot device rather than a super villain

Well, why I wouldn't say he was in any way good, Dormammu's presence and appearance carry him to the level of at least "half decent;pretty cool".

Hela fucking sucked. She spent more than 2/3rds of the movie in what felt like a different movie. You only want to fuck her. Which fair enough she was fine, but she wasn't a good movie. Jeff fucking Goldblum had more interaction with Thor than she did.

This, most villains are generic and don’t add much a few are good maybe 25% ish. Marvel is great at having likeable heroes and side kicks. Decent at one liners and excellent at selling tickets and branding. Villains have always been their weak spot which is bizarre because the source material for the most part is good

Faora is better than half of these which is sad because she was a literal henchman

Oh I guess if you count the Grandmaster as a villain he'd fit in the "not well-developed but at least entertaining and memorable" category

In fairness, when they do villains well, they usually do them *really* well... it's just that about 75-80% of the time, they don't do them well

>The Vulture
Not that I disagree with you, but I'm honestly shocked they turned Spidey's C-list of C-listers into a credible threat.

>Thanos
Overrated as hell, stupid motivation that makes no sense. Only won because the good guys were dumb Starlord and Thor especially, his victory was cheap shock value that will be undone in Endgame.

Cool.

Thanks

Name one good story with Zod in it.

>Based Justin Hammer
How can Thanos even compete?

Attached: Justin.webm (1280x544, 2.69M)

Zod hasn't appeared in a bad story yet because he is basically pretty new

It's just something stupid people stuck in the 90s say like "DC has better animated movies and cartoons" or "DC's comics are good"

I fuck with Yellowjacket because I'm into the dude's actor, and his suit was pretty tight.

Shame even if he comes back, he won't be as bro tier as he was in Superior Carnage.

Did he come back from that, I wonder?

I love Sam Rockwell so goddamn much.

>he is basically pretty new
...I'm sorry, what?

>Great MCU Villains
>Thanos
stopped reading

Attached: 1513719363209.jpg (255x224, 20K)

Because he was right.

Rumlow/Crossbones was great. Kinda bummed they hyped up Crossbones so much for Civil War and he wound up being there for five minutes before jobbing to the Avengers B-Team.

Where do the Netflix series villains rank?

If they're not Fisk, they're shit.
Maybe Cottonmouth and Bushmaster are kind of cool, but that's it.

Their own shit tier.

Kingpin > S1 Russo > Kilgrave > Pilgrim > Bullseye > Agent Orange > Davos > Black Mariah > S2 Jigsaw > Bushmaster > everyone in the Hand > Nuke > Karl Malus > Shades > Cottonmouth > Alisa Jones

I probably missed someone.

>Boregrave that high
>Cottonmouth that low
Kilgrave is one of the worst villains I have seen in a very long time. Bullseye is way better than that idiot.

I like just like Tennant honestly. Cottonmouth didn't do anything then died like a bitch.

Anyone here liked Ocean Master? I know he wasn't the best ever, but i found him to be really Entertaining

Attached: 300px-AquamanOceanMaster2018.jpg (300x150, 15K)

Why is Hammer so liked? I barely remember him

Mommy!

Attached: 86D2sha.gif (540x240, 1.33M)

>>Killmonger
No.
Nononono.
NO.

>>Ego: generic malevolent space entity, but at least he was played by Kurt Russell
Name some similar villains.