What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: _315x420_f20331a05523e3155ac176965ef2bb929ed2eeb7da94dbeff8f43a1b046d7463.jpg (315x420, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/11/09/sabrina-netflix-lawsuit-satanic-temple-sues-over-baphomet-statue/1940562002/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no one liked it, ive read every issue pretty much and sucked dick harder than he did with manors penis

honestly, the core concept is fairly generic. that's not a bad thing in itself, the premise has enough hooks that it *could* be done in a really interesting way if it was fleshed out enough to give it a unique feel... but most writers don't bother to do that and just stick with the bare bones premise instead, so most of his stories end up being mediocre and forgettable. it's a shame because there really is a lot of potential there, but most of it just keeps getting squandered.

for what it's worth I'm queer as fuck and I'm still not convinced he's actually bi... in his entire history there's only one story where he ever has sex with a man or expresses any interest in males whatsoever, and it's for the sake of a fucking scheme, and it seems really clear that he doesn't actually feel any attraction to that old rich dude. that's not being bisexual, that's just being a really good liar.

im pretty sure he is, doesnt he admit in like issue 51 when hes at the launderette, i think it was mostly pushed agenda becaue at the time it was written there was lots of gays coming out and being openly accepted after the new romantics and what have you.

Attached: constantineSWmanor.jpg (320x400, 110K)

What went wrong?

Attached: Screenshot_20190402-223645_Google.jpg (992x1527, 899K)

>isnt blonde or ginger
there

Personally, I wanted to see more of whatever the big bad was supposed to be. Also, probably should have taken place or at least started in Bongland. Could have been an interesting location to mess around with. Or maybe did something with Swampy earlier. Plenty of options. Actor wasn't bad though and I'm sad we missed out on more of hottie assistant chick.

But really, mostly NBC was a bad home for it. After watching DP, a DC streaming Constantine show would have been perfect and it could have gotten away with murder.

it's been the subject of a ton of Wikipedia edit wars over the past ~15 years, for a long while his Wiki entry would constantly switch back and forth between listing him as LGBT and not

eventually Legends of Tomorrow settled it by revealing that the Arrowverse version of Constantine was bi, which was enough justification for them to count him as LGBT without controversy. but I'm still not convinced that the comic version was ever meant to be attracted to men.

Attached: wiki.png (1140x567, 98K)

tv shows have nothing to do with the actual comics mate they always turn chracters gay or bi like seth rogan did with cassidy. im certain hes abit bent mate

Attached: thefemale.png (556x640, 280K)

like I said, I'm not exactly straight myself and I wouldn't mind if they actually portrayed him as bisexual in the comics in an unambiguous way. but to do that, they'd have to actually... you know, portray him that way, and not just in some weird conditional situation.

like it feels like back in the 90s they were trying to have their cake and eat it too, setting up a situation where maybe he's bi but it could also be explained away... and then afaik, no other writers have touched the issue since, so it's just been left hanging

still better than the whole clusterfuck with iceman though

It was on fucking NBC.
They didn't show him to be a mostly amoral sneaky bastard who'd do anything and almost anyone to get ahead yet was deeply humanist
The fem sidekick
No visits to hell or heaven
No shitting on religions or tricking satan(s).
No "hitch hiker" style stories where he shows up or guest stars in the supernatural stories of other people and he is either the hero, villian, or witness of it and narrator overall.

They fucked it up huge.
It could have been really really good but they never went far enough or knew how to represent it.
And most of it should have taken place in bongland.

The 1st episode felt like it had been played out of sequence and was a confusing mess

im a shirtlifter also, and i see what you mean they left the idea he was BI for like 150 issues which didnt make sense but as i mentioned its mainly a product of its time since they constantly changed the writers /artists
dont get me fucking started on bobby, its only 7am

I mean...just look at him

Was on the wrong channel

Nothing, it was comfy as fuck. Albeit it could have run longer.

>but I'm still not convinced that the comic version was ever meant to be attracted to men.

Then read more comics, you fucking pleb. He's been established as bi for like nearly twenty years, I forgot when exactly Azzarello's run happened.

It was boring and the lead sucked.
Also it had literally no style. I know the movie was a betrayal but at least it oozed style and had inspired visuals.

He's a fag and the series was kept on the air by litterall satan worshippers who were hoping to push worshipping old luke morning star on the stupid retards.

>He's a fag and the series was kept on the air by litterall satan worshippers who were hoping to push worshipping old luke morning star on the stupid retards.
the same whiny satan worshippers who tried to sue Sabrina the Teenage Witch for portraying them in a bad light? yeah I doubt that

I've met witches, the one's you're talking about aren't satan worshippers.

I'm talking about actual satan worshippers dancing around baphomet statues and gross orgies and using the pieces of unborn children to keep themselves young and "selling their souls" to people etc etc etc

Those losers.
They exist, they're powerful and well placed in media, and yeah they were keeping it on the air.

nah it was actual Baphomet-worshipping satanists who sued the Sabrina TV show, specifically for using their trademarked Baphomet statue

if they had any influence over the media you'd think they wouldn't have allowed that in the first place

usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/11/09/sabrina-netflix-lawsuit-satanic-temple-sues-over-baphomet-statue/1940562002/

rather poor time slot since it was like 11 PM EST on friday iirc
coming on right after grimm didn't help considering it was another "monster of the week" show

It had literally nothing to do with the comics even though I actually had a lot of fun watching it.

I thought CW picked it up to replace Supernatural desu.

Lucifer's still running. Netflix picked it up

>Fucked a dude once
>As part of a con
>I-IT STILL COUNTS

Yep, once you fuck a dude you don't go back.

Why are you so butthurt over this anyways? John being bi has been established for a while. You should just be happy that it's not brought up more so you don't have to get triggered over it very often.

About the same things that went wrong with Preacher, they tried to make a PG-13 show out of a book that was always a hard R.

Yikes

Attached: 15217754-19AE-45DD-B4EA-D7507B7A2B40.jpg (480x362, 17K)

Attached: 2Untitled.png (252x301, 90K)

so if someone gets raped in prison that makes them gay/bi too?

if the writers actually wanted to make a point of him being bisexual then they could've *easily* shown him in any kind of romantic/sexual relationship with another man, or even just shown him expressing attraction to another man, in literally any context other than "it's part of a convoluted scheme to steal some evil old rich dude's money"

>Get raped by Tyrone in prison
>Don't enjoy it but it's what you gotta do
>You're bi now

Well gee

>being raped is the same as willing having sex with someone

Attached: 1529505622456.jpg (363x538, 111K)

>Be male hetero prostitute
>Need to fuck to pay the bills
>Only clients are fat guys
>Do it because the alternative is starving
>You're bi now btw

if you're just doing it to scam someone out of their fortune, then you're not really enjoying it either. it's willing in the sense that it's consensual, but I wouldn't take it as proof of someone's orientation. fuck, most straight people would go gay for a million bucks.

Did he ever say he didn't also enjoy it? Or are you guys just assuming here?
Also didn't he hit on a dude or something in the rebirth series?

I've never seen such a deliberate costume. They tried so hard to give him things that look scruffy, but it all looks brand new. And his beard looks so well kept. What a failure of design.

There was one episode when a bouncer said he should've been blonde.

The character is too rooted in being David Bowie. While I kind of appreciate they didn't try to find someone to do a Bowie impression they should have taken it further and figured out something other than "sexy British guy"

There's multiple well known Satanist groups. The two main ones actually hate each other and they don't worship anything, they're both just atheist groups but one are FSM fedora tippers.

>DC
Literally everything

Stay mad ladderfag

>What went wrong?
NBC

John to me personally as the the type of bi fag who like 90% into girls and 10% into dudes

He was too "nice". The tone just didn't feel right.

Every fucking thing

>Hellblazer: Royal Blood storyline
Ayyy

he was casting fireball too much
also he was in a timeslot where he couldnt even smoke

The movie was actually cool enough to stand on its own. It's not a good adaptation, but it's a good enough movie. One thing it nailed was the atmosphere tho. The experience was ethereal and exudes goth, which was what I was looking for in a ConJob media.

In current hellblazer comics run Constantine is fucking dudes.

>never read lucifer or constantine comics
>loved both shows
>be an x-men fag since i was 8
>hate every xmen movie ever
so i guess the secret is not to know the source material its from then?

Fag

I mean i love gotham and ot strays away from the source material all the time it sjust a matter of whether they do anything new and interesting with the property