Shinji is now the main character of the last western cartoon you watched. How does it change?

Shinji is now the main character of the last western cartoon you watched. How does it change?

Attached: shinji.jpg (474x355, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnF5TYbqSew
youtube.com/watch?v=IO4Tk63ukpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Megas XLR
He dies

>Victor and Valentino
depends, which one does he replace

If he replaces Victor, everything becomes way more laid back and less eventful

If he replaces Valentino, Victor bcomes even more out of control, with Shinji spending entire episodes in the fetal position

Ma and Pa Kent adopt him and give him the love and affection he never received in his native show. He grows to adulthood and accepts an internship at STAR Labs. Make the rest of the show like Giant Robo.

Attached: Superman_3_Jonathan_and_Clark.png (1014x768, 447K)

>Southpark
All the kids relentlessly bully him and he dies crying while trapped under a massive turd with a dog eating his one testicle and a drunk Randy pissing on him.

>Steven Universe

Much like the show's fans, he spends the entire time crying and masturbating to the gems.

>We Bare Bears
The bears try to cheer him up, but are ultimately forced to give up and leave him to be miserable forever

>The Simpsons
Shinji ends up having to move to Springfield, marries Marge, and has a child with him
The show becomes more serious and there are more robot fights

SHINJI GET IN THE GODDAMN ROBOT!

Attached: a2305185c0a794a457a785640dcd7de4.png (638x542, 75K)

He gets deported back to Yea Forums

It becomes gayer

Attached: chat_noir_and_his_lady_bug__by_jazzlassie6020-dahftxi.jpg (1024x1350, 187K)

>Futurama
Would anything even change?

How is it possible?

He becomes the new Zoidberg

Attached: DLksAvRU8AALaYw.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

>Ed Edd n Eddy
He gets roped into the Eds scams.

He could just bring Kaworu with him and then they could have a proper gay wedding.

Sugar wouldn't ever tackle Evangelion; she's got no interest in anything she can't make any gayer

Attached: eva su.png (1360x768, 872K)

>Over The Garden Wall

Greg dies because Shinji is kneeling whispering "I must not run away" instead of rescuing him.

Beatrice hates him because this, Shinji knows that she hates him but he wants to be helped by her, Beatrice doesn't want to help him because he is useless, he tries to strangle her but she is a bird so she flies away

Shinji still don't understand why he is alone.

Based and I’msofuckeduppilled

>Ducktales

Finally he has a family who loves him

>Costume Quest
Shinji get in the fucking robot costume

Is shinji really that much of a beta?🙁

He's a fucking idiot with not real redeeming qualities whose only motivation is acknowledgement by others (whom he rejects at the first chance to boot)

He doesn't put the suit on, a black hole opens up under Brooklyn and the planet is destroyed.

Attached: 1545339857870.jpg (1000x962, 93K)

>Any cartoon/anime
He gets fucked in the ass by the most alpha character in each said show.

quit the bullshit. Shinji from Shinji and Warhammer 40k is now the main character of the last wester cartoon you watched. How does it change?

>Shinji vs the Forces of Evil
It would honestly be way better. He woud constantly get bullied by Jenna while failing to stand up against queen Moon. He would have never found out about eclipsa because near the finale everyone would still be ranting "get into the fucking wand Shinji".

Shinji is a weird character, in that he is simultaneously a massive beta incapable of creating his own happiness and a fucking wall of steel if he thinks taking punishment will earn him ANY kind of approval. He is weak to the core, but with just a little pressure you can turn that weakness into a kind of determined strength.

Also, like 90% of the shit he whines about in his own show is completely justified. Forcing a kid to pilot a giant robot he knows nothing about against a giant monster he has never seen before with zero training and if he loses the entire planet dies? Thats fucking insane to spring on someone who only just got there and whose expectation for this trip was just "I wonder if my dad still hates me."

But he, he does get in that robot. And you know what happens? He gets both of his arms broken and a spike shoved into his eye and out the back of his head.

But he gets back in the robot.

Then he gets stabbed in the chest twice and has the skin burnt off his hands.

But he gets back in the robot.

Then he gets set on fire and the pain is so intense that his heart fucking STOPS and they have to rush him into surgery to save his life. The first thing they tel him after he wakes up is that he has four hours before he has to get back in the robot.

He considers NOT getting back in the robot, but then he gets back in the robot.

That's just his first three fights. At what point in that parade of torture would 14 year old you have tapped out?

Greg will be very slow and careful with him, with a lot of "if every porkchop were perfect...".
Put he would rail his ass with The Old Universe Charm till the cows come home.

The only longform fanfic I’ve ever read. I don’t know anything about WH40K so shit got weird as fuck for me.

flapjack
he suffers an identity crysis trying to find candy island while piloting his mother/whale

Wear the fucking ring, Shinji

>Gravity Falls
Mabel probably will make it her summer mission to make him happy/get him a gf
He’s not the type to relentlessly pry for information, so he wouldn’t really move the plot along.

I'm so fucked up.

Attached: Three_Gems_and_a_Baby_000.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

>BTAS
His parents died. he became batman once,and then he just give up. The rest of the episodes is just joker trying to force shinji to be the batman again
>"Get in the costume shinji!"

Heh.

The tone of the show is completely weird, too.
You have all these characters that can only work in a mecha show where the stakes are not as lethal, but then constant injuries, insane pressure and dead moms.
And the end is just about Shinji reaching a breakthrough for his self-worth in his own headspace.
There is a lot this show tries to say about depression and societal pressures in Japan, but it's so clumsy and confusing about it, it's hard to really see a strong message in this while the show just gives up on its own plot.
Also a terrible first introduction to the mecha genre as the work it does with genre tropes will just fall flat if you haven't had a bit of Gundam to establish a background. But because it is incredibly popular, it's everyone's first show and Shinji looks like he makes absolutely no sense as a protagonist, leading to the impression of Shinji being a wimp, when he is just being sane in an insane world that insists he is the hero for no real reason.
Still, most of what Evangelion attempted has been done better elsewhere, I think.

>Bushworld Adventures
Well, at least Rick isn't a much more abusive parental figure than Gendo, but he probably dies to Uncle Barry because Shinji's too busy crying in a corner while masturbating.

>Shinji of the Creek
So he's now somehow not being questioned for being the Asian child of a black family, but he actually has parents parenting now. And he gets to be a kid having kid adventures, not traumatic nightmare scenarios fighting alien invaders to the death.
Chances are he has a healthier self-esteem and never becomes that anxious, lonely boy in over his head from Evangelion.

Shit getting weird is the normal state in wharhammer

>be citizen, mind your own business, getting fucked by the Imperium
>a witch appears
>no Inquisitors or space marine near
>a portal to the Immaterium is open
>dameons
>wtf
>somehow you've been saved
>an Inquisitir kills you just to be Safe
>your world has an high chance to get Exterminatus'd
Being an Imperial citizen is suffering

I agree that Evangelion is one of those works that really need to be seen only after you already have some exposure to more 'traditional' mecha shows. Kind of like how Madoka subverting the helpful mascot character trope doesn't have any weight to it unless you are already familiar with more traditional magical girls.

Its worth pointing out that NGE didn't thrive in the anime community based on its plot, though. The big picture stuff like the Angels and the Evas are COOL, and people really like throwing out their own theories on what exactly the fuck happened in End of Evangelion (which fuels discussion and kept the show in the community discourse for the last twenty years), but what really carried the show was the characters.

If you look at the Evangelion merch it becomes too obvious to ignore. The Characters of Evangelion are what sold the show and what people became invested in, not the robot toys. Its actually surprisingly hard to find non-crap Evangelion mecha figures, meanwhile you are DROWNING in Rei and Asuka variant figures.

Whether they are 'deserving' of the investment or not, people really connected with Shinji, Asuka and Rei.

>Also, like 90% of the shit he whines about in his own show is completely justified. Forcing a kid to pilot a giant robot he knows nothing about against a giant monster he has never seen before with zero training and if he loses the entire planet dies?
It's understandable, not justifiable. Humanity is at stake. Shinji has every reason to get into the fucking robot. Evangelion being a deconstruction though, it makes sense that making a kid save the world may lead to problems.

I kinda want to watch that Elseworld

He does it because he has to, but remember that they never actually give Shinji a good explanation as to WHY it has to be him, specifically, that pilots the robot. There is one, but they never tell him.

So from Shinji's perspective he is caught in a web of confusing, arbitrary bullshit. And he was right: there was a 'real' pilot for the Eva, they didn't really need him, because there was someone else.

And then they wheel out a Rei that is so injured she can barely stand he realizes that the situation is already fucked. So he mans up and gives it his (not very good) best.

It's almost like he has an horrible father.

Feels like almost everyone ITT only knows the character from memes or something

>Mighty Orbots
It plays out similarily to the events of the series but there's a lot more whining and all of the orbots are yelling at Shinji to get in the motherfucking robot

GET IN THE CAR SHINJI! GET IN THE CAR!

Attached: images.jpg (298x169, 14K)

Bobs Burgers. He now has someone ( Tina ) masturbating to him instead because he's just like her fictional best boys and she'd probably write friendfiction about him, her, and Jimmy Junior. Shinji would probably be relieved he doesn't have to deal with angels or robots anymore.

You just perfectly described Asuka in one sentence. Shinji's motivation is a bit more complicated.

You can't describe one without also describing the other. Shinji and Asuka have fundamentally the same issues, they just cling to opposite coping strategies. Shinji has no self esteem, Asuka creates an inflated sense of self worth. Shinji becomes passive and refuses to put himself ahead of anyone else even when it harms him, Asuka is aggressive and demands to be in the spotlight even when it puts her at risk. Shinji retreats, Asuka pushes people away.

They couldn't be more different on the surface, but they are both reacting to the same hedgehogs dillemma. Both of them lost their mothers and felt abandoned by their fathers, and having been burned by their closest relationships they take steps to avoid being hurt by other people again in the future, closing themselves off from people with self imposed social barriers and unrealistic expectations.

Its why the show pairs them together so often, the are reflections of each other.

Which really makes me question if anyone in the fandom actually understood the show.
A shallow gloryhound hothead archetype should stick out as a contradictory character in this show, not be the focus of fandom.

Sounds like he’s a bigger pussy than Steven

Nah, Shinji would fuck up Into the Spiderverse. He posses no will of his own. If Peter offered to absolve him of all responsibility he'd take it every time. He'd be a horrible Spider-man.

Steven is Shinji's complete opposite.
He is socially fearless, loved by his father, grew up as an heir apparent, cognisant of the responsibility he is to shoulder.
He also has to find his self-worth, but he does not run. He sacrifices himself for others without second thought because he does not know how much others value him and are ready to fight by his side for him.
He is obsessed with keeping everyone safe and saving the day.
He's a tenacious little bugger, too.

>they never actually give Shinji a good explanation as to WHY it has to be him, specifically, that pilots the robot.
I thought it was stated ior strongly implied early on that the ability to generate an AT field is a very rare ability, hence why they pull pilots from around the world.

Its implied that the pilots are special, but its never directly stated or explained to them how. Also, the Eva is the one that makes the AT Field. Not the pilot.

Shinji has nothing going on besides memes.

And Steven Universe beats anime once more!

>Star Vs
His now better upbringing might negate some of his his anxiety and depression. I don't know if he will be creative enough to pull off some of the stuff Star can do though.

Nah. Even when being a complete push over, Shinji atleast has more than one dimension going on to him.

Shinji replaces Scooby-Doo.
So probably not all that much changes.

Probably doesn’t even bother to do that brief thing where he and Shaggy trick the monsters

Eva was my second anime and I enjoyed it and its characters very much including Shinji.
I think the problem is that viewers for some reason can't grasp protagonist character not being their wish fulfillment so they can self-insert as him and escape from their real life problems. By "some reason" I mean overexposure by pop-culture and never opening a fucking book.

i would have to commit murder after sitting through those 4 hours.

Attached: 1554099054140.png (595x745, 543K)

If I'm not mistaken, there is a quantifiable psychological state of mind that directly corresponds to AT field strength. Obviously EVAs are necessary in the same way a hadn't is necessary to pound a nail (if the hammer was slightly sentient). Maybe it was an assumption on my part, but I assumed that the metric I'm referring to requires very rare (and psychologically troubled) individuals to score highly on, and that teenagers were the only ones capable.

>Invader ZIM

I don't know how much would change. He'd still pilot a robot and cry a lot.

Actually no. They just need to have a dead mother's soul in the Eva's core. AT field is generated by mother's soul. Shinji and Asuka became pilots because their mothers died in Eva related experiments.

I'm sure he'd fit right in.
Cartman would call him a fag.

Attached: 95b3c7550512c67df4e2a4bc1a8cb5a0.png (1191x670, 276K)

What about Rei? Isn't she a souls clone of Shinji's mother?

It seems like soul can't be cloned. It's definitely more complicated for Rei. Most popular theory that Unit 00 has soul of Rei I murdered by Ritsuko's mother.

KND
Could go either way as he deals with his hatred to his father and adults, or just be a bitch

Invader Zim.
Not much.

Sounds like this whole mother soul thing isn't actually Canon and is just fanon meant to fill in potential plot holes.

Shinji's mom's soul is canonically in his Eva and reaches out to him on multiple occasions, and Asuka's mom's soul was confirmed to be in her Eva too in EoE. Also, every kid at Shinji's school was a candidate Eva pilot, and it's revealed through the series that Toji, Kensuke, and Class Rep all don't have moms, implying that there's some correlation between having no mom and piloting an Eva.

And End of Evangelion makes clear that as horrible as all that is, he's even more afraid of human intimacy.

But Shinji always does get in the robot. Well, almost always.

I just watched the Doom Patrol shorts from 2013...I honestly have no idea.

>The Characters of Evangelion are what sold the show and what people became invested in, not the robot toys.
You mean the hot girls? There's barely any Shinji merch. I think there's probably more Kaworu merch.

"Scoob, you have to get in the robot!"
"ROH WAY!"
"Would you do it for.. your father's approval?"
"rohkay"

>He does it because he has to
At first. Then when Asuka gets involved, it's clear he can leave, but he continues because he wants to connect with people.

Eventually, if someone tells him to or if he's guilt tripped into piloting. His whole issue is summed up pretty nicely with that Asuka kiss. It doesn't matter whether he finds her attractive or not, He only kisses her because she told him too. Arms at his side, no passion, a fucking robot.

No one in ITSV is going to tell Shinji he has to be Spider-man. When Peter offers to absolve him of that duty he's going to take it. It doesn't matter how many rousing speeches you give him, Shinji Ikari is not getting up out of that chair.

>Steven Universe
Shinji is happy finally cause he wanted to be the center of the universe and beloved by everybody, he wanted a mother and a father.

Rei is a bunch of exception cases stacked on top of each other. No one knows whose soul is in Unit 00, its a flat out mystery even to dedicated fans.

Some people argue that Unit 00 never actually generates an AT Field, but Rei herself does. She just has been trained to think that its the Eva doing it until the end when Kaworu pokes her with a stick and forces her hand.

Its weird. Souls can't be cloned, but they can be transplanted. And memories can be dubbed over, like how recordings of Rei get used to make the Dummy Plugs by projecting a (weak) copy of her mind into the spare clone bodies.

There are more Shinji figures than there are Unit 01 models.

Asuka and Rei are more popular for obvious reasons, but Shinji has more of a following than you'd think.

SHINJI NO

Attached: 1545939864699.png (640x480, 317K)

>it's hard to really see a strong message in this
It's piss-easy. The message is "go outside and meet real people you weeb fuck". Also Evangelion barely subverts mecha tropes. What tropes do you think it subverts?

Well, it's also heavily implied that the pilot needs to have an unfulfilled dependance on the mother.

>What tropes do you think it subverts?

This is the part where we list a bunch of shit that Eva did that was novel for the time, and you quote a bunch a shows that came after Eva that ripped it off for being the most popular anime in a decade.

Old game. Not going to play it.

>shallow archetype
>t. completely fucking missed any and all of Asuka's fucking metric asstons of character development, both internal and external

Go back to Gurren Lagann brainlet, this is above your paygrade

Attached: 1540608703933.png (480x368, 177K)

What did they do that was novel for the time. Go on, give me examples.

>Dexter's Lab: Last But Not Beast

it's literally the same

Shinji you must get the microfilm, so we can build the Eva and save Neo-Mousioh from the Cats.

Attached: macskafogo_cat_city_concept_art_model_sheet_000.jpg (1600x958, 243K)

More emotional memories than you can lethally handle.

remake with Safranek going full Smithers when

>Focused on the pilots, rather than the battles.
>Focused on how fighting these monsters affected the pilots.
>Killed one of the love interests and replaced her with a clone.
>Had the adults actually be useful.

>be Hideaki Anno
>become disgusted with yourself and other otaku
>create a show to try and get them to see their flaws and change for the better
>people just want to fap to the girls even harder than they ever have at any anime before
>give up and use your new-found wealth from Rei body pillows to just create fun shit
Anno is the hero anime deserves.

Attached: 084a03.jpg (320x640, 74K)

I wonder which minor example he is going to pick out a hat to claim refutes your examples.

I bet he picks that time Amuro ran away from the White Base for an episode, as if that's at all equivalent to Shinji's series-long character arc. Thats how this usually goes.

Don't forget that Anno, in one fell swoop, accidently laid the groundwork for two whole genres of shows that since went on to become dominant in the industry.

Eva was a major stepping stone on how anime was marketed to the masses by shifting the focus from toys to characters. This eventually resulted in the moe anime boom.

And Eva popularized the whole 'go outside, stop being a social shutin' theme for anime messages, which continues to this day as recently as Gridman.

>'go outside, stop being a social shutin'
is anno, dare I say, red-pilled af?

Probably not, because people who use the term red-pilled are the exact sort of people who are social shut-ins and don't go outside.

his response to everything is to shut down crying fucking misato had to drag him around the damn complex while everyone was dying because he couldnt stop crying and when he got in the suit he screams and cries while doing nothing else and lets the world fucking end theres no deconstruction or anything hes just a crybaby faggot who never actually tries unless pushed

Attached: stsrc.png (720x404, 154K)

>Citing literally the one time he didn't get in the robot even when everything was going to hell
>In the aftermath of him killing the only person who said that they loved him, and after dealing with over 20 individual instances of extreme physical and mental trauma
Shinji-bashers are retarded

You have about the same level of viewer comprehension as a brick, user. Its like you watched End of Evangelion and nothing else.

The only time Misato ever had to drag him around was after Shinji was at his absolute lowest point: having lost all of his friends, pushed away all contacts, been deprived of all versions of emotional support, and been forced to kill with his bare hands the only person who ever treated him like he was worth a damn. Which was especially awful for him, since it had already been established that Shinji would rather die himself than hurt another person. But he killed his friend because if he didn't the whole world would die instead. When the chips were down he did what needed to be done even though he hated it.

Shinji shut down after that because he firmly believed that he deserved to die for everything he had done. But it took a long, loooong road of traumatic bullshit for him to get that way.

I'm almost certain the only reason why "Shinji is a pussy" is such a pushed meme with Eva is because for a long time 90% of Eva watchers were the exact type of dense shut in faggots who the show was targeted at in the first place.

It's also worth remembering that Shinji can feel fucking everything the Eva was doing, so he LITERALLY felt himself crushing Kaworu, again the only person at that point that had shown him straightforward affection, in his hands.

A lot of that, though obviously not quite how Eva does it, can be traced back to series like UFO, which makes me doubt there was any sort of intentional subversion going on (considering Anno's avowed love of mecha). Obviously this is excepting the "replacing love interest with clone" thing, but I fail to see how that is subverting mecha tropes.

I feel like with all the shit shinji goes through. He would be horrifying akumatized.

Undertale has this exact problem

The colour of the Eva unit was intentionally chosen to be different than everything else, like Gundam colours.

Super Robots made characters invincible but it made Shinji vulnerable.

The word deconstruction is a fucking meme though.

>There are more Shinji figures than there are Unit 01 models.
I don't believe you.
The fucking colours? Are you serious?

>Avatar the last airbender
Well, they are fuck but it’s not his fault

Is he more or less of a wuss than Courage?

Attached: 1551284882190.jpg (1920x1920, 608K)

Courage will actually try no matter how much he is scared, Shinji will crap himself and cry himself to sleep in fetal position

>rick and morty

hes far wimpier than even morty and more like mortys original self (who would never fight back rick and lazzo didnt like due to that).

>Stupid dog, git in the robot!

Okay, good enough for me. Seems like an odd thing to keep innocuous though. Typically writers make important details like that rather than relying on LEEPEST DORE internet forum discussions. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

It's all spelled out in the show, excessive attention just isn't drawn to it. The Shinji and Asuka cases are pretty explicit of course, but the other three are more subtle. Kensuke mentions it to Shinji in episode 4 I think, Toji offhandedly mentions it somewhere in the middle of the series, and Class Rep briefly touches on it in a conversation with Asuka. Nobody literally says "All three kids don't have moms" in the show, but the show does present all of those facts.

Evangelion is notorious for not explaining its plot. Like, there are literally entire alien races that exist only in authors notes and setting material that cannot be ignored because literally everything that happened in the show is the fault of their creations and mistakes. But they never get mentioned in the show, and you only ever find out about them in side material.

Its a weird setting and there IS an explanation for almost everything, but Shinji (and thus we, the viewer) learns almost nothing about whats really going on. He is an uninformed kid in the grip of a worldwide, decades long conspiracy that has already taken control of the world before the show even starts. He never stood a chance.

I'M CALLING THE POLICE I'M CALLING THE POLICE!

Attached: asuka-in-a-phone-booth.jpg (848x530, 135K)

Okay, that makes more sense. I only watched 90% of the original show once.

While I'm being schooled on the topic, the premise of the crises is that a precursor race created both life as we know it and angels across multiple worlds, Earth mistakenly received both angel and life seeds, and humanity is the expression of that combination of angel and living powers. Now the angels or precursors are trying to wipe humanity our because we have the potential of becoming as powerful as the precursors. Correct?

I'm kind of glad that the show didn't mention the alien background honestly, I like that it gave the Evas and Angels some kind of weird unknowable feeling. It's like how Giygas feels like some entity beyond comprehension in Earthbound, but if you play Mother you get his backstory and it kind of diminishes that feeling.

Mostly. The Angels started attacking only because of Second Impact though, if Yui didn't initiate the contact experiment they probably would have remained dormant until humanity reached that point. That was all part of Yui's plan though, so it was kind of inevitable.

Close. The FAR that made the Angels and life as we know it presumably made other forms of life too. Its not just humans and angels out there. But Angels and Humans are what we have on Earth, so thats whats immediately relevant.

The Angels got here first, Lilith crash landed afterwards as some kind of clerical error, and due to the way things played out Adam was forced into dormancy and Lilith and her creations (us) got the planet.

Seele pokes Adam with a stick, causes second impact, and now the Angels are waking up and want to find and reactivate Adam so they can have the Earth for themselves as they were supposed to.

Meanwhile, Seele is up to some fucky shit of merging Adam and Lilith into one being and slaving it to human will using technology using Third Impact. Meanwhile, Gendo is trying to hijack Seele's control over Third Impact to get his goddamn wife back from the dead.

Its REALLY unclear how much Shinji fucked things up for both sides and how much of what he did Seele was okay with. We don't actually know what Seele's Third Impact would have looked like as planned, only what we got. It seems likely that Shinji just sort of did his own thing on accident.

We Bare Bears

He won't want to fuck any of the cast so he might be happy, though he might just go into an incel downward spiral with Panda.

Attached: FB_IMG_1553207261851.jpg (1280x1180, 187K)

Wait, do is humanity purely the outcome of Lilith and are no more special that deer or bird, or is humanity unique due to the presence on Adam?

>comparing being a NEET to Undertale's 90's mom against videogames meet prechy SJW twitter logic core message.
That's why nobody likes you people.

I had a few more ideas for it but was to tired to write them. Something along the lines of:
>The planet Krypton is destroyed by extra-dimensional giant monsters, but moments before it explodes the brave scientist Jor-el activates a new Phantom Zone bomb that imprisons the beasts in hopes that what has happened to his planet never happens again.
>Years later, on Earth, STAR Labs is experimenting with a new form of propulsion using inter-dimensional potential energy as its fuel source.
>The preliminary trial goes awry, creating instabilities in the fabric of time and space, and creating random fissures allowing the beasts to break out into our world.
>Meanwhile, a seemingly ancient automaton – that had been recently found and brought to STAR for research – has begun to reanimate and it is discovered that for reasons not yet revealed it will only respond to Shinji's instructions.

I haven't figured quite how to integrate the rest of the Metropolis cast, but that's what I'm came up with off the top of my head. Maybe through in some Luthor and Intergang for good measure; have Brainiac show up further down the road; have some regular stuff with the usual rogues gallery as well. Maybe have Lana Lang as a love interest. Have some Ultra-Q like conspiracy/mystery investigations with Lois and Jimmy.

Its REALLY unclear, but kaworu (an Angel) sees Humans as Lilim (offspring of Lilith). He probably knows more about the matter than anyone else in the cast, so lets take that at face value.

Lilith based life is just evolution as we understand it. We are still a product of that, just the most advanced form of life from it.

For some reason I got the idea that humanity was special, that Lilith life was never supposed to evolve sapience. I liked the idea in a H,FY sort of way, like God was rushing to send angels to wipe out humanity before we became too powerful and despite it we were holding our own, by mobilizing millions of people to build terrawatt lasers overnight and shit.

Yea rhe ficking colours are a subversion because Anno wanted it to be counter to almost every single goddamn robot. What's so fucking hard to understand about that?

It's the goddamn definition of subversion

>Louis Lane French kissing shinji, promising to have sex with him if he saves the world, and subsequently dies.
Wew.

Anything Evangelion did Gurren Lagann did better you massive faggot.

Both Asuka and Rei are hot as fucks.

Attached: a809aed3ffc993ad83d54499600b9cc2.jpg (3240x4636, 3.73M)

Blue or Red user?

So was EoE, Anno’s middle finger to the fans who couldn’t get it?
Yea Forums seems vastly more informed than Yea Forums on the subject.

Pretty much. The Shinji wanking over Asuka's unconscious body scene especially.
>this is what you are, you sad fucks

Because true EVA fans know that Shinji is best EVA girl.

Friendly reminder Shinji did nothing wrong.

Why is 90% of the "deep backstory" in a dreamcast video game?

I think the part of the movie where he took a recording of the audience at Death and Rebirth and placed it in the film, as a literal reflection of the audience watching the film, was the most on-the-nose fuck you. One of the guys is even holding onto Asuka and Rei dolls at the front.

Attached: EoE theatre.png (853x480, 902K)

It’s because he had so many notes and original drafts from the design process and wanted to share them.
The notes are available on the obligatory wiki and the originally draft made Eva a bit less weird, merely a depressing version of a Super Robot Show.

This is a controversial idea, but there's also the possible implication EoE is a bad end, that while Eva TV symbolised Shinji learning to love himself and accept the love of others, EoE is an end where he and Asuka DON'T change and continue on their same self destructive path.

I've just even stopped trying to talk to people about Eva, Shinji in particular. Just NPC responses "He's gay, he's a little bitch, blah blah blah"

Attached: shinji.jpg (600x677, 47K)

The most common theory is that the "Congratulations" scene at the end of the TV series occurred as Shinji rejected instrumentality in EoE, and that they're actually parallel, with the TV series being a psychological representation. The plot points for EoE were going to be the TV series finale, albeit obviously done faster, but they ended up running out of TIME. Not money, time. IIRC the last two episodes of the TV series were cobbled together in something like 2 weeks before the airdate.

No, he was proto-Gendo

Attached: Gendo-Ikari.jpg (400x317, 39K)

I just can't see the TV end as anything other than Shinji ACCEPTING instrumentality, with instrumentality being a metaphor for what Anno thought otaku were lacking - A sense of participation in wider society and accepting other people and the outside world into your life.

At least in the manga he was explicit in why he hated Shinji.

Also he isn't as competent as he appears, he only ever did a clerical job and played along with SEELE. All his plan was, was neglecting his son in hopes of causing an accident in a plan he was already following.

why not both?

Attached: 2515e2cddc4312b8e2bf6a73b41474c9.jpg (564x813, 75K)

This but unironically.

Mobile Suit Gundam is also kind of cheating. The majority of mecha anime between MSG and Eva weren't nearly as thoughtful or psychological as MSG, so just because it had technically been done before, it had been abandoned long before Eva came around.

Attached: Shinji_2weeks_by_SkyBluSky.jpg (697x900, 113K)

Attached: Sadamoto_nadia-shinji.jpg (492x488, 67K)

Well I can't argue with that

That's obviously what he was going for with the TV ending, but then he seems to have completely changed it into the opposite and has it symbolise returning to the womb with EoE (in interviews made around the time of EoE's production he was very critical of the TV ending). So they're sort of both happy endings, it's just that a key plot element in both means the exact opposite, so while Shinji's actions in response are both positive, what those actions are changes.
Episode 26 is at least close enough to Anno's original plan for the ending. It's episode 25 that was scrapped for time (there may also about concerns about potential similarites to police raids on Shinrikyo locations after the Tokyo sarin attack - note they were not concerned about similarites to the attack itself).

>Anno wanted it to be counter to almost every single goddamn robot
Where the fuck has he said this? All I've seen is him talking about how the design was inspired by Ultraman and Mazinger and the like, hardly a subversion.

Nah, both endings are him rejecting Instrumentality, they just do it differently, with Shinji getting physical with the Rei clone who was taking the form of Asuka, to tang him the way they tanged that brown haired lady who had a crush on Ritsuko.

>serious, dark character drama about a bunch of emotionally ravaged people that seriously examines the psychological toll of operating giant mechs to save the world vs. goofy WOOHOO JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF fight show
>implying

Attached: 1549702716983.png (160x198, 56K)

Don't forget the repressed anger. He's like a time bomb, and in the right hands, someone with the right plan practically get him to fuck shit up(2.0's ending)

Choking Asuka, the crayon drawings, everything really.

Imagine a world where he put 120% of his energy into piloting the EVA. Things would not turn out well.

Not that user, but I personally like them both for completely, utterly different reasons. I don't think they're even remotely comparable though, apples and oranges.

>DC Superhero Girls
I don't like this at all...

>Imagine a world where he put 120% of his energy into piloting the EVA. Things would not turn out well.
>ywn be Shinji's terrorist mentor, giving out praise and validation as he enthusiastically destroys entire city centers

Take the purple pill and become enlightened

>Big Boss mentors Shinji to fuck shit up in the Metal Gear for the glory of Mother Base

Would watch

Hikari best girl because she is sweet and normal and isn't an albino m-muther or a ginger bitch or a drunk pedo

I don't see it working. A core aspect of Shinji's personality is that he values literally everyone else more than himself. He refused to attack another Eva in the series because he MIGHT hurt the 'total stranger' trapped inside, even when it very nearly resulted in his death.

Hey retard you know that Evangelion ends with Shinji literally "just believing in himself" after absolutely no build up.

At least Simon grew as a character gradually and learning to believe in himself came from him actually maturing and growing out of the shadow of Kamina.

>Shinji is in the last cartoon you watched
>Implying I don't beat his ass before he even gets to the last cartoon I watched
Shinji was a piece of shit and the reason why everything fell apart at the end. If he hadn't been such a whiny baby, perhaps he could have saved the world. But he didn't. Dude needed to just man up. Asuka was a better character anyways. She actually had character development.

Watched episodes 1-24 +EoE movie, btw. Eva-02 fight near the end was hype.

Attached: 6c3 (3).png (242x195, 57K)

Unless he's lied to

You're right though, he wouldn't hurt people directly like that. Definitely something that's not appreciated enough about him because how dare the MC not like hurting people like every other protagonist

>Shinji deserves a quiet, simple life in a small town

Nice bait

friendly reminder that responding to bait to say it's bait counts as falling for the bait!

Shinji just needs some actual goddamn friends and some emotional support. And a therapist, because he had issues long before he went to Tokyo-3. Stress just made things worse for him.

Not bait. I actively hated Shinji + the ending. I genuinely wanted more of Asuka by the end. The fact that she's not the main protag is criminal.

Misato was also pretty good.Best girl.

Attached: umi_face_swap_template___by_diamondketo-d7rjhs2.png (900x1008, 3.46M)

He becomes a kind-hearted country boy

sounds good desu

Though I disagree with you, I'd love to hear why, as a fan of both Asuka and Shinji

>Shinji deserves a quiet, simple life in a small town
Shinji is basically a 14 year old Kira Yoshikage?

>goes through a mental hellstorm and multiple despair event horizons through the course of the series and ends up a catatonic, suicidal, barely human wreck before getting some small fragment of a positive mental change, which doesn't even last too long because the end of Evangelion (the movie, as in the actual end) is him having a nervous breakdown anyway
>no buildup

Attached: 1548812923913.png (422x468, 52K)

Oh, man if Shinji got Killer Queen he'd fucking hate himself for having a cat man with bomb touch around him at every moment -one wrong move, bam! She's dead! He'd hide his Stand forever

Or he'd learn to control it and keep KQ so he wouldn't get lonely

You forget he always comes to pilot the robot anyway so he'd be fine

Both have evil selfish mom's though

Yui is a big FAT BITCH

>Counts any of the movies as anything other than damage control

Attached: 1548305286550.png (480x366, 222K)

>Shinji would be an alright friend under better circumstances
>Steven will never be anything other than a fat, obnoxious retard

Wow, you're right!

nah, the series DOES end with Shinji accepting instrumentality.
EoE diverges from this ending once we see the character 'wake up' and the live action scene begins where Shinji has fourth wall breaking insight into the nature of his reality.
youtube.com/watch?v=CnF5TYbqSew

Attached: uu.png (541x342, 187K)

>It's an anime discussion on Yea Forums thread.

>im-fucking-plying i'm even acknowledging the Rebuilds as existing

There was one proper Evangelion movie. It was End of Evangelion and the series ended there.

Honestly, I think it would be perfectly cool if someone shot him after he nearly ended the world the second time. I'm all for redemption, but come on.

Why refer to mobile suit gundam when you can simply refer to ideon, which is a more obvious inspiration?

youtube.com/watch?v=IO4Tk63ukpM

Sorry for the late response.
I just really enjoyed Asuka in a way I wouldn't normally enjoy most other characters of that nature. The idea that her brashness comes off as a byproduct of trauma works really well, especially near the end where she learns to overcome it.

Shinji, however, doesn't do much for me. He whines and will do anything for a pat on the back, and a character without a real spine like that is kind of sad to watch. It feels like you could tell him to jump off of a bridge, if you positively encouraged him, and he would do it.

Attached: YScared (2).png (322x344, 126K)

>The loud house
nothing changes except it gets gayer

"GET IN THE FUCKING BIKE SHINJI"

Attached: Lara 4.png (459x591, 449K)

Weak attempt. Ideon and Eva are just drawing inspiration from the same source material (Childhood's End).

Do twitch streamers count?

Childhood´s end is like one of the few (relatively) peaceful versions of collective consciousness there is outside of sid meyer´s alpha centauri.

well fUCK

Attached: dboqtz7-e180ff08-d722-4339-b089-7c229efd61d0.jpg (1723x1129, 263K)

He might get in a robot, but based on previous guest appearances I don’t see any scenario working out well for him. He must give himself to the great red mecha.......sexually

Attached: image.jpg (839x953, 400K)

Absolutely fucking nothing
actually, wait, no, there'd be a lot less crying

Attached: file.png (1251x1920, 2.36M)

most of these people probably watched it dubbed, I barely got through the first episode of English dub and I wanted to strangle Shinji halfway through.

I actually think shinji could do decently in MLB. He'd have a supportive little god creature who cared about him, and his partner wouldn't treat him like shit and be a massive blob of emotional issues like all of the supporting cast in Evangelion. Everything gets fixed magically so no consequences to come back to haunt him, and the suits are indestructible and they don't seem to have to deal with pain, so less trauma.

As several people have pointed out, Shinji can shut up and get in the robot, and shut up and transform is a lot less traumatizing. He'd bitch and whine and still be miserable, but he'd be less miserable and wouldn't end up completely broken.

Why?
Because he doesn't sound like a middle aged dyke doing a piss poor impression of a teenage boy?

>Asuka
>getting over her issues
>ANYONE in Evangelion
>getting over their issues

did we watch the same show?

That retarded nonsense where she started fighting with he mommy in her mech before she gets ganbanged by those dolls.
She never gets over her issues.
She just embraces being a doll and slave and is no better off then when she started.
Then she dies.

And no, she doesn't come back at the end.
That's just a doll that shinji conjured up out of the orange tang.
Anno just smiled and said "OKAY SURE" when some retards who were thinking more about the emotionally disturbing painful clusterfuck of nonsense that was eva suggested that she brought herself out of the tang and that everyone else would do the same some day.

It was all bullshit.
And I'm embarassed for people who still think or even talk about that absolute fucking garbage.

But what would he be? And at what point would he be akumatized?

Her "I'll kill you" moment in the movie came after her letting lose and being happy, but really it's the happiness of someone indulging in something unhealthy. She's happy because she's kicking butt in her eva, which is always temporary and it was completely unhealthy of her to base all of her self worth on that.

>Into the Spider-Verse
Idk I guess he'd replace Peni Parker except he'd also drag down the entire movie with some boring ass subplot about how he doesn't want to get in the giant spider mech

and then everyone dies because kingpin destroys the world while he's bitching

So what you're saying is that we'd get a Peni Parker that was closer to the comic, which was a complete ripoff of Evangelion, rather than the moeblob we were given?

>Gemusetto Machu Picchu
The whole universe fucking implodes so nothing changes.

lol Idk I don't actually read comics, I just watch movies based on them

Arthur

Attached: im so fucked up.png (500x364, 141K)

Peni was basically Shinji. If shinji was a ptsd riddled baddass who liked to bitch, rather than a ptsd riddled bitch who was occasionally badass.

>Peter B. Parker training Shinji
i'd watch the shit out of this

Suits are indestructible but heroes are not. Chat Noir was beaten pretty badly in Weredad.

Not really. Not that I recall at least.

Ice Bear = Rei
Grizz = Asuka
Panda = Pen Pen

Attached: ice bear is ice bear.jpg (552x830, 44K)

>Panda = Shenji 2
Those two are going to be miserable together.

>Shinji
Fuck.

>But what would he be?
Some pun on Oedipus Rex, probably.

>Imagine a world where he put 120% of his energy into piloting the EVA
Eh, he just needs a bit of direction.

Attached: shinji&40k.gif (640x955, 118K)

oh hell people still remember that shit.

>find my sword shinji

Attached: ngr.png (682x557, 766K)

that shit is still going on. and it's still pretty good desu.

>Souls can't be cloned, but they can be transplanted
And they can also be split, as evidenced by Kyoko Shoryu.

That said, it looks like it's finishing up, judging from the chapter titles and the fact that he released two chapters in as many months.
I'm rereading it and I've just passed when he returns home and is addressing his army.

Personally, I want him to try Lovehammer again.

You know you've been up to long when a post like this makes you laugh until your ribs hurt.

I must sleep.

I want him to go full Warhammer next and Shinji launching a Great Crusade like he said he would. I'd unironically pay a patreon for that.

They wouldn't make that kind of reference intentionally.

You know they showed scenes from the movie in the preview at the end of episode 24, right?

Attached: firefox_2019-04-03_06-40-40.png (1013x760, 1.39M)

They would

So is the manga better than the show? And would that mean that Shinji is now the main character in the last comic you read?

>Dragon Prince
Huh.

Attached: 12.7.jpg (210x240, 27K)

Steven at least gets shit done and wouldn’t hesitate to get in the fucking robot

If someone is constantly standing behind him to ask him to do it. Peni, Noir, Peter, Gwen, and Ham don't have the time nor the desire to keep pushing him. You have to have some self determination to be Spider-man. Shinji doesn't have that.

If any piece of media requires suplementive material to understand or enjoy it, it's a bad piece of media and the suplementive material is obvious damage control.

Should I watch this (after a few other mech anime) or does the ending ruin it?

>Get in the fucking fusion, Shinji!

>The Hollow
...I mean it doesn't really?

The ending enhances it. Half the time when people are talking about Eva, they are talking pretty much exclusively about End of Evangelion.

EoE is still damage control, most of it wasn't the original intended ending (most of that made it to air as episode 26).

The manga did some things better but I still think the show is superior.

No, that's what I'm saying. EoE was always intended as the real end, but in typical Gainax fashion, they ran out of time and money. The sarin gas attack didn't help. They literally did those last two episodes in four days.