Let's talk about something we all love: legacy characters ruined by politics

Let's talk about something we all love: legacy characters ruined by politics

Attached: DG7gqwUXUAEilBx.jpg (1200x960, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DmhtYy-1g5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying it was just politics that ruined her

what else?

Attached: drafty.jpg (1000x563, 51K)

>Bendis OC
>ruined

Bendis is the second worst character creator after Slott himself. Not even Spider-Verse managed to turn Miles into a good character.

Bad writing.

but there wouldn't be one without the other. these two are connected

Ms. Marvel is now a digusting SJW mudslime

No Bendis would have been shit at writing her even if he wasn't pushing politics.

but people like her

Are you telling me that real little black girls don't ask people to oppress them? imagine my shock.

bendis is bald, that's his major malfunction problem

her 1st run & current run aren't bad though, much better than Captain Marvel.

Kamala>>>>>>>Carol
That’s the facts m8z

Not even Kamala likes Carol

It's supposed to imply that anybody wearing the suit is Iron Man. Because that's where all the power comes from anyway.

That shit makes me sick

In reality it's the suit that is iron man.

It would have been a lot better for Riri if the only thing wrong with her were politics.
She's a legacy character who had zero connection with the original hero, even in the first number Bendis had to improvise a random plot point to make Tony Stark even remotely close to her backstory.
Kamala at least was a fan of the original Miss Marvel; Riri just happen to steal some stuff and make an armor.
The sad thing is if she wasn't a Bendis OC, but Rhodes' niece or literally any other character that someone who would buy a comic named "Iron Man" cared about it wouldn't even had been so bad.
At least now she has her own book instead of leeching on a pre-existing hero.

They could have literally written her in any other way and it would have been better, but no
>be black
>have massive chip on shoulder
>have no respect for authority as a kid
>end up stealing an iron man suit in order to become him
>have the ghost (AI) of Tony Stark himself whispering in your ear how to do everything, essentially having everything you wanted handed to you
>make the character female bc Rhodes already existed and having a story about his son taking up the role would be too kino

Where are her breasts? If I'm going to be fed sjw bullshit I at least demand to be bribed with cheesecake.

This is a real instance of a legacy character being ruined by politics. Riri was never good to be ruined, it was a stillborn idea. Kamala's solo started as a legitimately fun read that got some natural tract, but Marvel decided to use her as a mouthpiece for their agenda in every single book she appeared in outside of the solo.

user most of these cases you can blame on Bendis and not political factors.

Favorite DC legacies right now are Super-Man and Jessica Cruz

No character is ruined by politics. Characters are ruined by poor writing. You could take any political viewpoint and make an interesting character with good enough writing. You motherfuckers are so afraid of politics when they are actually a great source of writing material. The writing just has to be good. There’s a reason a bunch of people like Rorschach in the watchmen and it isn’t because they agree with him morally. It’s because he is an interesting character that is written well.

>At least now she has her own book instead of leeching on a pre-existing hero.
Which makes being mad at her quite unreasonable but ymmv

how can a man be a woman?

That's not politics, that's marketing. Marketing and what can be mistaken for politics is the driving force behind these comics. Legacy character stories are marketing driven.

That's the more believable part of Riri's character, honestly.

>ruined

thicc brown Carmen is wonderful

I wish we could just accept good legacy characters and ignore bad ones instead of talking about the author's motive.

We could live in a world where we adore Jaime and Kamala and Dick just like Clark and Diana and Steve. We could let characters like Hal and Barry go instead of clinging desperately to them and also let characters like Miles and Riri pass if they're a bad fit. We could not undo Oracle because brand recognition but also let Cass move on when her story is over. We could see Peter Parker become a father or die alone and still enjoy new stories written about the good old days while allowing Kaine or Miguel or Mayday swing around with the Avengers.

“Little girl hearing stories about how people she looked up to were told what they could or couldn’t do only to find out she doesn’t live in a time where that is really applicable” was actually kindof interesting. She believed you were supposed to be inspired by what other people tell you you can’t do instead of people telling you what you can do. It was just written poorly.

I don't understand this obsession with turning a blind eye to the source of the issue. In fact, it only entices people to talk more about it.

it really amazes me that blacks and women are apparently so unimaginable and talent free that they can´t come up with a single original character on their own and always have to steal white male characters titles and powers
the whole sjw stuff in comics has unironically made me think less of them

What's wrong with making Legacy Genki Girls and Keet boys...
Does Legacy character need to brood.
Like a legacy the Captain who's happy and cheerful compared with the drunk, cynical mentor, the captain...
Or a D-Girl whose a major pro wrestling and Dennis Dunphy fan and want D-man to be her coach....

SJWs DON'T READ COMICS, STOP PANDERING TO THEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: IMG_1394.jpg (600x339, 49K)

Kamala is actually fun when she isn't being used as a political mouthpiece playing lip service to liberal ideas in other character's comics. She's a dorky kid that writes fanfics of heroes whom she gushed over, fights crime, and doesn't get hung up on racial, religious, or gender identity politics. The few time any of those things do come up in her solo runs the writers at least try to make it somewhat organic rather than just hamfistedly shoving it into people's faces like they did with Riri and Jane Thor.

Because in this case it's not turning a blind eye, it's placing utility over author intent. Who cares why a character is created? What matters is if they work or not.

>ymmv

Are you having a stroke?

Why are you calling them a legacy character? It's not like there hasn't been recent iron man media or a retirement of the character, what's legacy mean?

SJWs are primarily white people user. Same with Incels. Just a collection of privileged white people that feel the need to scream at the world.

She's fine in Champions too, although she is way too competent in that.

The only thing I don’t like about Kamala is that she never uses her ability to disguise herself as other people. That’s my only issue.

It starts mattering when that is the reason the character is bad. You can complain about Bendis' writing all you want, it'd still be a cardboard cutout if he could write.

You realize both Miles and Riri were created by Bendis, right?

There is not a single character that benefits from being a lefty political mouthpiece.

I mean when compared to everyone else she is the Alex Jones of the group

Attached: F83B3974-5288-4FBA-917E-FD3B303E5C1C.jpg (1600x1600, 794K)

Attached: Thor.jpg (2208x1242, 1016K)

I actually know why that is! So Willow in the early books has Kamala testing her powers with her changing into a couch or some shit, but this offended someone so much because the first female Muslim hero, she's not btw, was hiding her identity so Willow cut all the scenes of Kamala shape shifting from her books. Because of one person complained, & I think she realized how dumb it was because of how everyone she knows now knows her secret identity because she looks exactly the same as Ms. Marvel.

>politics
I thought it was Bendis’ fetish? Anyway, hopefully a future Into the Ironverse will do the work he couldn’t and fix her character up.
I do like the idea of Tony having some potentially super smart mentally ill protégés, though.

Attached: 8BD326E1-2DFC-4325-93FB-8C8A636830E8.jpg (900x1366, 218K)

Riri is a man?

> his fetish
what? his fetish of creating OCs based on his army of adopted, allegedly , children?

If white execs encouraging white people to make marketing moves for wider audiences makes you think less of the people who had the least to do with this, you need to reevaluate yourself. You're irrational.

Yes.

Attached: B80B0161-0C3B-4755-80E8-C66B56D9DD11.jpg (960x1440, 219K)

In the sense that all men were created equal and a handyman who is a woman isn't a handywoman, but still a handyman.

>If white execs
They're not white though.

>I do like the idea of Tony having some potentially super smart mentally ill protégés, though.
Stop trying to turn Tony into Bruce.

All my casual friends don’t know who Riri even is

>muh Jewish conspiracies
Kevin Feige sure is a huge Jew huh. Fucking retards.

But the execution is all that matters, and often changes things from the original intent. America Chavez wasn't created as the piece of shit she is now, for example. The author's motivation is meaningless. It often informs how the final product turns out, but criticizing the intent instead of the character in execution is a less precise manner of approaching this that hurts our ability to assess what works. Kyle was rejected by many Green Lantern fans for WHY he existed more than anything. Jaime didn't get a fair shot due to the intent of his introduction.

Tony and reed collecting the smartest kids in the world makes sense. Like an x men for super geniuses.

Yes, because having a protégé is something that is related to Bruce and Bruce only. It was the archtype that was first on the pages of Batman in all of human history. Fuck off

Thank Kirby for Eve Ewing.

>Are you telling me that real little black girls don't ask people to oppress them?

And thank you for that mental image, user.

Her first run was rancid shit.

Marvel ruined it cause they thought we were going to endure their stupid pandering but we didn't and the target demographic they were spoiling didn't read comics

>If white execs encouraging white people to make marketing moves
why do you think they had to ask white or jewish men to do it because they already knew that women or blacks would have come up with even worse products. don´t you think it´s kinda weird that we don´t have a single good black or female writer even through marvel and dc have showered them for years now with chances and given then extra privileges.
also the fact that most female and black people actually encouraged the sjw take over and always demaned for more white male characters to be replaced and female character to be rewritten also played a big role in my new opinions on modern women and black people.
sorry if you act like idiots and bigots don´t be surprised if I consider you as such.
I guess not everybody can be like indians or asians.
All my indian friends love mangas even through those have zero brown people.

>>end up stealing an iron man suit in order to become him

NO

She stole parts and built her own armor, back-engineered from Tony's tech. But she figured it out and built it herself.
With stolen parts, but they were not Iron Man parts.

>hodes already existed and having a story about his son taking up the role would be too kino

He has a niece who is literally what she is. Of course she was ripped off from Natasha Irons.

I am pretty sure that is literally in the Bible.

>collecting smart kids
future foundation

99% chance that his current boss and every boss he ever had was

nah I think the first run of ms marvel is decent enough too, at least its not jamming social shit down your throat.
But Red Dagger is the MVP 4EVA

"Your mileage may vary". It's an expression that means different people may interpret facts differently.

Time for some Riri pics.

Attached: 035afd406687961ea6466f5bcefceb06--iron-man-marvel-comics.jpg (736x736, 120K)

Oh, sorry. I thought you meant Riri Williams.
I actually really like Ms.Marvel.

Although what's happening right now worries me.

'Riri' is pronounced 'reeree', right?

Attached: 1467877111735.jpg (742x1920, 188K)

Attached: 1471872800278.jpg (660x1024, 163K)

That can't be real, can it?

Why wouldn’t a man who jacks off to the future want to cultivate great young trustworthy minds and entrust them with his resources? Helping younger heroes who share his prowess and ideals should be a no brainer.

No. From this point and on, Riri is a twink. Like She-Ra.

Attached: 1482330365985.jpg (3975x3056, 2.99M)

>twink Riri
Hot.

IRONED

She sure was drawn cute though.

Attached: 1484867058446.png (1200x864, 1.56M)

So, when devianart does recolors, this is called "Donut steel". When do it Marvel/Ds it's called legacy character.

Attached: 1527308502030.png (401x505, 153K)

Yes, Feige is a jew, but I was talking about comics here though. Are you okay tourist?

Attached: 1483681611573.jpg (575x575, 43K)

>I am pretty sure that is literally in the Bible.
I am pretty sure that you haven´t been to a church in the last 10 years❌

Deadpool.

DOOMED

Attached: 1492519020841.jpg (923x1400, 128K)

>Poor little war machine

Attached: 8DAFF3E5-B3B9-47C1-A417-E595985AA7D5.jpg (192x263, 14K)

She's a neat character, however, she has no ambition or purpose. She rode the bullet train into the avengers and pretty much existed to meet every super hero like some sort of fan self insert, rather than have her own rogues gallery and unique stories.

It is very much real, it's from a Deadpool book tho.

Yeah the fact that they didn't use Lila just speaks volumes about what Bendis really wanted to do. He didn't want a black female character for his daughter to look up to, he wanted a black female character that HE made for her to look up to.
Seriously, did you see how smug he was when Spider-Verse won a fucking award? Bitch acted like HE was the one who directed the movie.❤️

no wonder Viv wants some of that chocolate

Oh thank fuck.

I was in church yesterday.

I just remember very distinctly from a prophet that he foretold that one day things would be so different (in a good way though) that "A man can be a woman, and a woman be a man".

Attached: 1497626819380.jpg (583x468, 242K)

How would you write Riri, Yea Forums? Play up how fucking weird she acted as a mental illness and have her confront it?

Attached: 141E8D59-379A-4861-9EA1-0E0B8025F7E1.jpg (1011x1024, 139K)

That's Riri. War Machine is dead at this point in time.

Attached: 1505972647942.png (549x919, 517K)

I'm not even going to read this thread, but the OP does mention something I want to rant about.

We've become a bunch of identity less fedora tippers who tie our personal identities to shallow corporate products. Iron Man is just a corporate product. Riri is just a corporate product. The only reason these threads exist and we have 500 post rows over Captain Marvel, Superman, Spiderman, Thor and America is because Yea Forums is a collection of identity-less virgins who have lost the ability to make in-group preferences and instead ween on corporations telling them things to identify with.

When I point this out, the response every fucking time is "Go back to (place that has different opinions than we do that I find offensive)", go back to /pol/, something awful, funnyjunk, go back to every single place in existence because holy shit someone had an independent thought and the buzzer installed by Disney is going off in your head.

If you actually went and found someone to identify with in real life, you'd be happy. You wouldn't be wringing your hands over shit fucking corporate pieces that you're told to like, and then immediately obey. Get something you can fucking identify with, stop letting billion dollar companies put words and identities in your mouth because you've grown up as this vagabond jumping from group to group worshiping corporations and craving acceptance. Find a real hobby. Holy shit.

Attached: a11128ce420fd5a80bd8fe9ebcfec8d2.jpg (245x400, 35K)

Asperger's, superintelligent and traumatized by the death of her (step)dad and the only friend she ever had.

I wouldn't write her at all, though. Lunella Lafayette is a better version of this character.

>it's time for yet another /pol/lution thread bitching about things that haven't been relevant for a year now
ProTip: Tony is back in the Iron Man suit ( and comic ); Riri is in her own book.

You'd know that if you read comics or were actually upset about the things you pretend to be upset about.

Attached: oh boy.jpg (284x456, 37K)

Not sure whether this is an edit.

Attached: 1509274649095.png (897x527, 683K)

Reed at least could accomplish something positive (mostly due to his family), Tony is a trainwreck socially and he's fully aware.

Mentally ill billionaire genius playing pretend father to mentally ill genius kids is tired and overdone. Batman covered just about every angle on that for the past few decades.

Tony knows better than to pass on his obsessions. Fucking Bendis is a terrible metric, but even his Tony wasn't short-sighted (ha) enough to try to act as a father figure to Riri.

Fucking have her be this kid who had an actually cushy life compared to everyone else because Tony fucking Stark set up a grant(or some Super Genius did) for smart fucking kids and she's been using that to get places and just get smarter.
Then have her friend die and Riri actually has PTSD because of it, so she's got this fear of constantly getting murdered or the people around her getting murdered, thus she builds the suits.
Hell have her sit out the majority of Civil War II and only show up near the end to fuck up Carol with some weird ass energy/molecular molecule bullshit beam after the bitch accidentally killed Tony.
There's so much I want done about the comics but what can you do?🍷

Yeah that expression is unlikely to become popular around here. I prefer KYS desu.

This is, though.

Attached: Zeg dat wel.jpg (814x482, 109K)

I think they may have occasionally forgotten she is just 15.

Attached: 1525841802346.png (1016x826, 1.64M)

>father figure
No, Tony is not a father figure, he’s a wine aunt at best. But I still don’t see why he wouldn’t want to encourage and mentor younger heroes who share that whole techno-futurism schtick. He already kinda looks out for Kamala and co anyhow.

Attached: 3CE99F33-C42D-4062-B7D3-7BFF745B9319.png (1168x691, 1.04M)

Attached: 1525841853914.jpg (1199x533, 93K)

>Riri turning up in a rage and trying to 1v1 Carol over her ‘killing’ sensei
Would have been a laugh.

This, down with the bourgeoisie

Riri'd

Attached: Blacked.jpg (317x320, 30K)

Deadpool 300. It was actually pretty good considering how shitty milestone issues tend to be nowadays.

Attached: legacies.jpg (1000x1537, 951K)

When of shit too hard you're going to make yourself miserable, you could go to /o/ or any of the other boards & say the same thing.

Attached: Endowment.jpg (2500x1286, 3.16M)

Thanos punted her confidence and all she worked for into the ground like it was nothing but even that didn't last until the end of the issue

Attached: RCO014.jpg (1041x1600, 430K)

Green Arrow

this never happened.

Attached: How utterly surprising.jpg (791x1200, 848K)

what did they mean by making riri an oppai loli?

Page before, which I think creamed the pants of ten thousand neckbeards and made me a little bit moist.

Attached: Infinity Countdown - Champions (2018-) 002-012.jpg (716x1100, 705K)

Might as well

Attached: RCO015.jpg (1041x1600, 421K)

Fuck if I know. I guess they just thought it was funny.

I remember when I was absolutely certain this would be "An interesting failure". Rarely have I been more glad to be wrong.

Attached: Ironheart returns.png (720x1280, 493K)

I get were you coming from; But, can you stop beating around and just say because the character is black.🙁

Attached: Lila Rhodes.jpg (980x1532, 179K)

It's not that.

Attached: Iron Woman.png (1920x739, 156K)

I know, that's the problem.
We do have boards on Yea Forums that are fine with being boards on Yea Forums and acknowledging that they're just talking on the surface-level about products, even if they get zealous about them.

But when you get to boards like Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums, basically any really popular board, you start to see that the vast majority of people are stuck in this loop worshiping products.

Before, these people were seen as losers. Now this is the socially correct, progressive thing to do because you must always tie your identity to either a social media group or a big social product that makes a political statement on society. That's insane. The idea that the once most cynical generation ever are now comprised of pube-bearded cueballs with their mouths stretched open wide enough to fit their fist throwing temper fits over the crappy consume-and-dump products they talk about is insane.

I click on this thread and I see the usual trying to attach Riri, Iron man, and Stark to this stupid culture war bullshit and then trying to make a judgement on it based on how they identify with it. That's insane. Are her stories any good? That should be the only metric that matters.

God I8 love the current DP book.

cathartic is the word

Attached: an...airship.jpg (300x300, 20K)

Oh, funny story. This is Riele Downs, an actress who plays Charlie in 'Henry Danger'.
She plays the mad-doctor like engineer who stays at the base while the heroes go out and fight.

I will bet you anything Bendis was watching kids shows some Saturday morning with his girls, this show came on and one of them asked "Daddy, why can't she be a hero?"

Attached: Riele Downs.jpg (700x700, 151K)

See? This is a bait post for likes, I know that. At the same time, there are people who unironically think like this.

popular source for edits.

Attached: You can't become everything you want.jpg (897x1627, 536K)

breasts are a no-no

Attached: Riri 3.jpg (1500x2100, 887K)

test

How the fuck did I even get 14? I posted basically nothing today

Riri would be loved if this was the direction they took.

Attached: Riri villain.png (1920x1249, 1023K)

Attached: Invincible_Iron_Man_1_Christopher_Action_Figure_Variant.jpg (995x1500, 306K)

I’d unironically buy this.

>Left
>Who Iron Man actually is.
>Right
>Who outragefags think Iron Man is.
ftfy

Attached: 1492637350298.jpg (671x399, 250K)

How do we feel about Toni Ho?

Attached: Toni_Ho_(Earth-616)_from_New_Avengers_Vol_4_14_002.jpg (1400x1984, 1.1M)

Is there a pocket dimension for Riri's afro?

I think she's a qt, needs more stories/to work with Tony in some side stuff since I don't trust Slott remotely

>legacy characters ruined by politics

Attached: twer5.jpg (394x900, 77K)

Hmm. I wonder what the MCU will do with the iron man legacy in universe. Pepper is having Tony’s kid, but I doubt they’ll wait 15 years to milk Iron Mans popularity

whoever told you that was lying, that wasn't in the bible

>Woman
>is called Iron MAN

Attached: low iq.jpg (645x729, 57K)

The funny thing is you probably haven't read her book or any current Marvel books you dumb faggot of a casualgater

I wasn't TOLD that, I READ it in the Bible. I just can't remember where, except it was one of the prophets.

Actually I rather liked that.

She's not a woman, she's a girl.

It amazes me that dumb casuals haven't realized that 9 times out of 10 wholly original characters period don't sell unless they're pushed hard. People don't buy anything outside of what they're used to even if a book gets great reviews. So the Big 2 have writers come up with interesting minority characters that are legacies so brainless readers will actually pick up the books. But sure keep telling yourself it's all on blacks and women you dumbfuck casual incel

But you read it wrong cause it isn't in the bible, maybe a pretty bad translation, like that official Chinese bible the Chinese government want to use cause cerntain aspects of the real text are problematic for them

I don't see why they wouldn't just do Iron Lad at first if Kang is going to be one of the big new villains.

Miles current problem is that he is outside of 1640.
I wouldn't care if he stayed in 1640, but bringing him to 616 just because, with Peter running around feels stupid. They should have rewritten Miles from the start once they brought him to 616, which is basically what into the spiderverse did.

>Alex Jones of the group
Psychotic coward with rage issues and a tranny fetish?

Attached: GIJOE_ONGO2016_05-cvrSUBA.jpg (1135x1722, 2.08M)

Attached: New bait.jpg (1342x1938, 311K)

>mfw Iron Lad appears all of a sudden
>mfw Ramma Tut appears in F4
>mfw all points Kang as the big bad
>mfw Immortus saves everyone's asses

Attached: sjwqucikkick.jpg (1200x1124, 337K)

>Iron Man is popular because of the movies (failing to realize because of RDJ Tony), so let's phase Spider-Man out and make Iron Man the new Marvel Comics mascot
>but i'm killing Tony 6 months into that plan and replace him by a literally who kid that I will just insert for my adopted black daughter!
now those were good times

Attached: Brian_Michael_Bendis_(Earth-616)_from_Defenders_Vol_5_9_001.jpg (724x716, 222K)

Look at this fucking hair and tell me that isn't a femboy.

Well, if I ever find it again I'll write it down and check it in other translations.

Wait, is this the actual dialogue?

that's good, it's some "Chinese" distortion or something

I like how he also tore into Iron Man's rogue gallery aside from Madam Masque, who he's had a hard on for given that he kept using her in other comics, and says that he wants to give Iron Man new, "interesting" villains to fight, only to proceed to have him fighting a new generic Hand knockoff group for most of the run.

I'm Dutch.

As far as I know the only edit is the giant boobs.

Boasting shit about the armor that never happened, either. Pissed me off.

It was a nice armor, though. I doubt he had any hand in designing it.

What is this Naruto garbage?

Carmen same as she's always been.

Now with pocket intel shota, hench gingers and her own obsessed detective.

So she's better

the real problem is consumer media junk food like comic books distracting from important political problems we should all be focusing on

Hell they forget some characters are twelve-year-olds and draw them like they are eighteen.

indeed, its delaying the 4th Reich and the NEO USSR

>Lila Rhodes

Oh, you scamp, you.

I thought John Henry's daughter was great pre Nu52. But then they ruined her and Traci 13 by making them both vacuous dykes.

Is there actually good comic book writing?

>I will bet you anything Bendis was watching kids shows some Saturday morning with his girls, this show came on and one of them asked "Daddy, why can't she be a hero?"

>Bendis watching TV show with black-daughters-who-aren't-at-all-creepy-fetish-adoptee-waifus-no-sirree
>Black mechanic girl comes on

>Bendis: THAT'S REALLY UNFAIR
>Girls: ...
>Bendis: I SAID, THAT'S REALLY UNFAIR
>Bendis: THAT GIRL DESERVES TO BE A HERO
>Bendis: THE PATRIARCHY IS KEEPING THAT GIRL DOWN
>Bendis: IT IS A TERRIBLE ROLE MODEL TO MY BEAUTIFUL PERFECT NUBIAN ANGELS TO SEE A BLACK CHARACTER NOT SOLVING ALL THE PROBLEMS EVER WITH AMAZING AND INCOHERENT POWERS THAT WILL LITERALLY NEVER BE EXPLAINED AS ANYTHING OTHER THAN A DEUS EX MECHANICA.
>Bendis: ...
>Bendis: AGREE WITH ME OR I FUCK YOUR PERFECT BLACK LIPS EXTRA TONIGHT, WHOREDAUGHTER
> Girls: Daddy, why can't she be a hero?

Riri Williams was ruined the moment she came out of Bendis's ass.

How can you be in the superhero business and not know who Thanos is? Gotta be a colossal retard like Riri.

Artificial IntelligenceLivesMatter isn't you thing?

Attached: fake robot tears.jpg (200x222, 59K)

His biological child must hate the adopted bastards. Probably show less love for his biological child too if Bendis's oc creation is any indication.

What irritates me the most about the abuse of hero legacies to push diversity is that it completely stepped over characters that not only already fit the criteria, but were legitimately good or had great runs.

>Spider-Girl
>Spider-Man 2099
>Phyla Vell or Monica Captain Marvel
>Rhodey Iron Man, or even Lila Rhodes

Even funnier, of all of the female heroes used to be the Wonder Woman of Marvel, they pick one of the most forgettable, least interesting, and most disliked ones. Carol's resume was almost killing Lockjaw, being Tony's pitbull in Civil War, giving Rogue powers, having a forgettable original run that paled in comparison to Mar-Vell's, and being raped by her timeloop son.

The ego of the editors and the writers were what really damaged the whole attempt.

The writer of this comic mocked people for paying their respects to the victims of 9-11.

>GI Joe is now Dragonball

The weighted clothes thing is literally Dragonball. Even down to a character exclaiming the weight.

Please tell me he doesn't get work anymore.

im totally sure this is 100% what happened and not an exaggerated version of the events that distorts or leaves out important details

I'm glad you agree, because it's what happened.

Attached: Gogetyourspoonanon.jpg (458x253, 37K)

The funny thing is how she was always trash it her cringeworthy panels about "halal food" and thinking that everyone hated her because a fratboy put a little of alcohol in her drink as a joke.

Now if this became her character arc, intentionally with her starting off as a narcissistic cunt that is humbled and becomes a better her.

But as we all know, that would take talent, and she was supposed to be liked from the getgo.

yes, but because these people think that woman and black is the character

You sure proved him wrong by showing you skimread the first issue lol.

>9 times out of 10 wholly original characters period don't sell
funny there are several white male characters who sold create. like invisible and there are docents of kickstarter comics that have made 100 thousand dollar or more. I think the problem isn´t being new the problem is knowing what kind of people actually buy comics.
>People don't buy anything outside of what they're used to even if a book gets great reviews
of course they won´t buy it because those comics only get great review due to identify politics and never actually because of quality
> So the Big 2 have writers come up with interesting minority characters that are legacies so brainless readers will actually pick up the books.
never has happened. If those character actually were "interesting" they would sell and have a fanbase by now. what actually happened you sjw deluded fuck is that all those sjw legacy characters only alienated old fans which caused comic sales overall to go down drastically. spider-man, x-men, iron man ... they all now sell terrible thanks to years of sjw propaganda.
not a single of those new sjw character is a good character. all their personality can be summed up with "i am her to replace this old white male character. I hate white men and I am better then white men at everything"
none of those character have a unique personality. none of these characters have interesting or unique powers. none of these characters have stared even in a single good story.
>But sure keep telling yourself it's all on blacks and women you dumbfuck casual incel
sure keep telling yourself that the only reason those characters sell like shit is because of "racist incels trying to keep minorites and women down" and not because those characters are boring as fuck, have zero originality to them, are obviously created by sjw writers that hate white men and only star in stories that are also full of sjw and feminist propaganda

Yes, Vizh, we know even an android can cry.

I am actually amazed that line hasn't been parodied yet as far as I know. Machine Man is a douchebag these days, so I half expected him in his 'Nextwave' days to at some point excuse himself and go "Even an android can piss".

Crass but understandable.

That's what I wanted! First two outings, everything goes great because she is, after all, a genius and beginner's luck, so she starts to think 'either this is not that hard or I am the shiznit of shiznitsville' and then, third time, she messes up and people die. She has a breakdown, crying in the bathroom sort of deal, and symbolically short-crops her beautiful hair.
But noooooooo
Not with Bendis in charge...

"Chinese" meaning some horrible intentional distortion

In what language?

Do blame us It not our nobody uses vixen.

Not always the case, I liked Jaime Reyes, Kamala and Robbie Reyes

How new are you to the internet?

They sell poorly because they are poorly written. It has nothing to do with “Muh SJW”. You can make a character with any background or political motivation interesting through writing. These characters didn’t fail because they are (insert race here), they failed because the authors can’t write for shit. You could make a character called Gray Man whose entire character was about being boring, and if it was written well it would sell fine.

I recall he said Riri was based on Skai Jackson

Attached: EB6C1D57-4B00-4219-916A-F0ACD3B4DE35.jpg (500x479, 65K)

She’s called Ironheart.

>They sell poorly because they are poorly written

Not necessarily. New Super-Man, JLC, and Sideways were all pretty well-written, and they all wound up being cancelled due to low sales. It's an incredibly niche market and most readers aren't willing to deal with anything beyond the familiar.

It feels like all these Anti-SJW people don't even read or have ever read comics, especially the ones they complain about.

Sounds like you're racist to me user

Visually, I bet. But conceptually?

youtube.com/watch?v=DmhtYy-1g5c

She is now. But I rather liked the idea of her sticking with the name in spite of clearly being female. It was a statement.

They have that in common with their counterparts.

agreed, it's all just writing. Kamala was great in her solo and shit outside of it because of writing, and that's it.

>Crass but understandable.

No, it's not understandable. He took a national tragedy and made himself a victim. Nobody's allowed to mourn for the people that died unless they meet my criteria. That's far more self absorbed than what he's accusing others of.

I would love to know his stance on incidents like the Holocaust or Pearl Harbor, since he wasn't there when they happened so therefore can't mourn for those affected by it.

No one on Yea Forums says this, so I have to ask you how new you are to Yea Forums you fucking newfag.