In December 1609, Ratcliffe and 14 fellow colonists were invited to a gathering with the tribe of Powhatan Indians...

In December 1609, Ratcliffe and 14 fellow colonists were invited to a gathering with the tribe of Powhatan Indians. The Powhatans promised the starving colonists would be given corn, but it was a trap. The colonists were ambushed. Ratcliffe suffered a particularly gruesome fate: he was tied to a stake in front of a fire. Women removed the skin from his entire body with mussel shells and tossed the pieces into the flame as he watched. They skinned his face last and finally burned him at stake.

What did the savages mean by this?

Attached: ratcliffe.jpg (1706x960, 90K)

His beard wasn't powerful enough
Also
>Smith is reputed to have killed and beheaded three Ottoman challengers in single-combat duels, for which he was knighted by the Prince of Transylvania and given a horse and a coat of arms showing three Turks' heads

Attached: portrait-of-john-smith.jpg (986x1200, 647K)

Damn, he was right. They really were savages after all.

He just had a plan. It included you, but you didn't listen.

Attached: Ruber.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

When Columbus returned on his second voyage he found the men he left behind missing and the fort they built burnt to the ground.
He also just so happened to have some Castillo mercenaries with him.

Is Yea Forums the only board that defends the perfidious Anglo?

The only aboriginal americans to have anything close to a civilization were the Aztecs and the Mayans, and even they ended up slaughtering hundreds of people a day to keep the sun from getting angry.

I just finished a documentary on the Boer War.
So no.

They could have used any other settler, why did Disney use Ratcliffe as a villain?

Smith replaced him, Eventually.

For the same reason Hades is a fucking villain: Disney is full of hacks.

Rolled 26 (1d100)

>Turned Zeus into a heroic god
>Shoved Hades into the villain role because he's a god of the Undead
>When Zeus is widely known as the biggest dick of all the gods and Hades is one of the Bro-tier ones, relatively speaking in terms of Greek Gods
The only thing Dis got right was his voice actor.

Hades was your classic "will probably try to fuck you over but will give you an out as long as you don't fuck it up" Greek God

Nah, Poseidon is the most evil God. Zeus is just a moron that only thinks with his dick, but Poseidon is just a douche for no reason whatsoever.

>implying

Attached: lindy.jpg (869x583, 296K)

rekt

Attached: image.png (500x680, 275K)

Crimea was a cluster too.
Everybody bullied Russia for no reason.

Because in reality he was incompetent and detrimental to the colony. He wasted the energy and meager resources the colonists had by forcing them to build him a mansion and search for gold rather than plant crops or build a fort.

Disney chose him as the villain because he was the epitome of the out of touch aristocrat in over his head

unrelated but BW is hot

/his/ is also pretty filled with AIDF.

That's simply not true, you're forgetting the Incas, and the Missisippi area.

Human sacrifice was just how the things rolled back in Americas back then. Aztecs were human sacrifice with more human sacrifice, Mayans were human sacrifice with environmental collapse, Moche were human sacrifice with anal fornication and smug vases, etc.

They should’ve at least kept his death, that alone would’ve been worth the ticket price.

>Zeus is just a moron that only thinks with his dick

Who is also the most powerful of the gods. Which means that, unlike most mortal men who think with their dicks, he can do whatever his boner wants him to do, to whoever he wants, and nobody can stop him.

A psyop of course, what else? 'Mind' you (ahhaahh!) it was quite unbearable at times but you know that I know that you know that I know I survived! It's all good nigga I forgive, don't forget and let live as long as you stay the fuck outta my space, got it? I sure hope so, at this point you should know that the consequences are your own freedom. Horrible, I know. I'm not gonna leave the doors wide open for you to come in for any excuse to set you free back into your already free freedom of non-removal of freedom for others, but hey, is it better to make a human cry or get a robot to cry for you (when it it's doing nothing more than acting as an instrument does when music is played on one?)

Still though I doubt people are going to give you friendly invitations to their gatherings or spaces by doing shit like that, feel me?

>He wasted the energy and meager resources the colonists had by forcing them to build him a mansion and search for gold rather than plant crops or build a fort.
That's oversimplifying it greatly.
>Ratcliffe worked with explorer John Smith to remove Edward Wingfield from the presidency because he was hiding food for himself that the colony needed.
>Ratcliffe was elected president and asked Smith to organise work details and expeditions to trade with Native Americans.
>Ratcliffe's overgenerous trading provoked Smith to complain that they would soon run out of items to trade.
Ratcliffe's actual incompetence mostly laid in his trade deals with the indians(he was ovrly generous).
>Ratcliffe left office (either by resignation or deposition) in July 1608, two months before the end of his term. At that point, Ratcliffe had lost the faith of the colonists, who accused him of hoarding rations (recent discoveries say that he was hoarding the rations for his sick children).
>The colonists were also enraged that as they were sick and dying, Ratcliffe ordered they build a capitol in the woods. The colonists dubbed the project "Ratcliffe's Palace."
This was very stupid, but it also wasn't a mansion at all, a capitol is a building for legislative means. It was also being built later on when the settlement was established already.
He's not an out of touch aristocrat in the the way you describe, he's out of touch because he was overly kind towards the hostile population he met and focused on setting up a legal center over focusing on survival(likely because he expected more people to be sent).

Hades knew that in the end everything will belong to him so he was the chillest of them all

That's certainly gruesome but not as entertaining as european torture-execution methods.