We've had a child, Zod. A boy child. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries, and he will be free...

We've had a child, Zod. A boy child. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries, and he will be free, free to forge his own destiny.

Attached: DY56Iy9XUAAOwh1.jpg (1200x500, 68K)

>And his name is Yeshua.
Damn, Snyder.

Your kid sounds like a fuckin' commie!

Attached: the-shape-of-water-badguy.jpg (656x343, 52K)

If he'd only beat down Zod for a few seconds more, we'd have had a much different movie about Clark the moody loner corn farmer.

Stop with these threads fag

Give up nerd, we are an entire squad or armed soldiers genetically build and trained since birth to be perfect soldiers, there is logically no way you can beat us.

Attached: General_Zod.png (443x266, 197K)

why was man of steel so comfy compared to BvS?

Attached: thesnap.gif (593x250, 1.45M)

It was a movie that, for all it faults, focused on its movie and not the DCEU.

This. I hate MoS, but at least it was JUST MoS, not "Justice League part 1/2"

>I hate MoS
Gay.

CALLING ME GAY, BITCH? I WILL FUCK YOU IN THE ASS!

Attached: zod I will find him.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Man if they legit soft-reboot Superman, then I fucking hope they fix Krypton from whatever the hell this shit was. I want a bright, colorful, Silver-Age Krypton with some Golden-Age influences ffs.

The only really good thing to come out of Krypton from that movie was Faora. Although the Krypton military battle outfits were pretty cool too.

Attached: Faora.jpg (1039x1209, 264K)

MoS Krypton was great and had a lot of thought put into it. Stop being a nostalgia faggot that faps about how great and enlightened Krypton is.

I find is super ironic that Snyderfags defend his trash by saying stuff like this Superman is so developed because he chooses to be a hero when in actual fact he doesn't. His biological father says he's destined to be a hero and so does his adoptive one. Coupled with the fact that his adoptive father was super paranoid, fearful and distrustful of people in general and he had zero friends or happiness growing up. He's literally only a hero because he was destined to be one, not because it makes sense for his character.

>MoS Krypton was great and had a lot of thought put into it. Stop being a nostalgia faggot that faps about how great and enlightened Krypton is.
Oh fuck off. Krypton in that movie sucked. Krypton is at its best when it represents the potential future of humanity, the bright, technological and societal wonder that Earth could become if we stopped fucking each other over and decided to become smarter. Except for the council of scientists and the government that decided not to listen to Jor-El, of course. But I guess it's not like we're ever going to become infallible.

And before anyone says shit, I never liked post-Crisis Krypton either, which is what the MoS version is, minus all the snow and ice and with more generic sci-fi costumes.

>Coupled with the fact that his adoptive father was super paranoid, fearful and distrustful of people in general and he had zero friends or happiness growing up.
Lies. They show Clark having Pete and Lana as friends, and Jonathan wasn't distrustful of people he just wanted to stress out to Clark that his secret was a huge one that would change humanity forever.
Clark also was shown to be a compassionate person that always helped people no matter how much trouble it gave him. Clark also make all the choices. Jor Ghost tells him to unite humans and kryptonians, for one, but Clark decides that Krypton had its chance.

>Krypton is at its best when it represents the potential future of humanity, the bright, technological and societal wonder that Earth could become if we stopped fucking each other over and decided to become smarter.
You mean the planet that managed to blew itself up? RIIIIGHT.

You had to admit, everything was going pretty damn good until the government decided not to listen to Jor-El. Fuck those guys. And it wasn't even their fault, the core of the planet was getting fucked up or the Sun was about to explore (doesn't matter which version), and Jor-El tried to tell those niggas to do something and they weren't hearing shit.

Plus it kinda works, since we're currently fucking ourselves over with global warming and pollution too.

>They show Clark having Pete and Lana as friends
When specifically? I know this is hard for Snyder autists to understand but slightly smiling at someone one time doesn't mean you're best buds. Name a single word they spoke to each other as kids? Or a single time they did anything together? Hell, Lana wasn't even named in the movie itself.

>Jonathan wasn't distrustful of people
He literally said that maybe Clark should've let a bug full of kids die and he himself would rather die than let a few people see Clark save him. When did this Jonathan display any love of humanity or people in general or encourage Clark to help people?

>Clark also was shown to be a compassionate person that always helped people no matter how much trouble it gave him
Which doesn't fit his upbringing at all. He's only that way because the plot says he needs to be. He's a good person just because.

Those scenes established that Clark knew those people, interacted with them. To the point where the unnamed girl protects him and the boy later on protects him.
The "maybe" line for anyone not suffering from autism is a clear conflicted response from someone who doesn't know what to answer. Jonathan went on to describe to Clark how important he was, how much his existence could change the world, and what an enormous responsibility he had. The end scene also shows that Jonathan always had a faith that Clark would make him proud and be a good thing for the world.
It totally fits Clark upbringing. Stop being an autist.

>Those scenes established that Clark knew those people, interacted with them.

Not really. I've stood up for people that I barely know from being bullied, Lana could be doing the same. Pete was a bully and only extended his hand to Clark after he got bullied by the other kids, not to mention he readily snitched to Lois.

You're trying too hard.

the genetics in this flick make no sense

>Those scenes established that Clark knew those people, interacted with them.
Knowing people doesn't mean you're friends. Friends talk, friends play together, friends hang out, friends interact in more meaningful ways than a slight glace after you saw someone getting picked on.

>To the point where the unnamed girl protects him and the boy later on protects him.
What are you even talking about?

>The "maybe" line for anyone not suffering from autism is a clear conflicted response from someone who doesn't know what to answer
Firstly, ironic that a Snyderfag calls others autistic I thought we were best friends? secondly, there should be no "conflicted response' from a good person in regards to saving an entire bus full of children. Period.

>Jonathan went on to describe to Clark how important he was, how much his existence could change the world, and what an enormous responsibility he had.
So you agree that he was good just because of destiny? Good.

>It totally fits Clark upbringing.
and yet you can't name a single time Clark talked to or interacted meaningfully with a person not his mother or father or a time his parents showed him how good people are.

You're the one wanting a reason for why Superman would be a good person. That's austic behavior.

Do you really need a montage of young Clark talking, playing, hanging out, and doing several other shit with his Smallville friends in a movie that is not about his time in Smallville? I don't remember Smallville being important in any of the previous movies other than that movie where Lana was Superman's love interest.
Talking about Peter helping Clark?
There's a reason for the conflicted response given the context of the conversation. Someone not autistic would comprehend.
No, because it's all about the fact Clark being an alien. Something inherit about Superman in every fucking medium.
I can name several. Pete, Lois, priest, the soldier.

HERESY! DESTROY IT!

>wanting an explanation other than he's just born good for why a character is the way they are is autistic
wew lad

Where did I say I need a montage? I said a single moment. Just one, that shows he actually had friends. But yeah, showing Clark actually hanging out with other kids and doing normal stuff would've been great because you know, it would've actually built up his character and shown that he has emotions other than whine and mope. I love how to Snyderfags Clark acting like a normal kids is unnecessary.

>I don't remember Smallville being important in any of the previous movies other than that movie where Lana was Superman's love interest.
>it's a Snyderfag brings up muh other movies out of nowhere episode
That's a bingo. I swear you faggots bring up other movies way more often then people that hated Snyder's shit. However even then I suggest you re-watch those movies. Something as simple as Clark running through the fields shows that at least he enjoyed being a kid.

>Talking about Peter helping Clark?
When does that happen?

>No, because it's all about the fact Clark being an alien. Something inherit about Superman in every fucking medium.
But he's not an alien CHARACTER wise. The only life and home he's ever known is Earth. He doesn't act like a Kryptonian, he acts like a human because for all intents and purposes he is one.

>I can name several. Pete, Lois
Yet you can't do something as simple as name a single word they ever said to each other.
>priest, the soldier.
Fucking KEK. Another hot tip captain autismo, just like how if someone looks at you it doesn't mean they're your friend, a priest talking to you also doesn't mean he's your friend and neither does a soldier you say two words to. Have you fags really had such little social interaction in your lives? No wonder you all identify with Snyder's Superman.

In the comics since his creation to nowadays through all his mainstream incarnations Superman was always a good person because of his culture that's what the "truth,justice and american way" means, he was raised that way and want to inspire others to be like that.

>Do you really need a montage of young Clark talking, playing, hanging out, and doing several other shit with his Smallville friends in a movie that is not about his time in Smallville?
His time in Smallville is his foundation as a character. I suppose if you just want him to be a plot device that's fine though.

In the silver age was because he's kryptonian and remembered Krypton.

We see Clark going to school, kids knowing his name, kids either defending or bullying him. We can see and infer that he had a life and friends.
I mentioned the previous movies because none of them showed any of those things you ask so much about and there wasn't any problem with that, but in regards of MoS now it suddenly is. It's stupid.
In the movie? Watch it.
But the fact that he's alien IS important because it'll change the world. That's what Jonathan is talking about. That he can try and save a bus of kids in Smallville, but that small action could create a chain-reaction if his secret had gotten out that would change the entire world forever. He wanted to stress out to Clark that his existence was a bigger deal than whatever happens in Smallville.
I can name, but why should i? Watch the movie.
You were talking about Clark interacting with someone other than his parents. I mentioned the people he interacted with. Now it needs to be a friend? Well, Lois became his friend. The general became his friend. Perry became his friend.

So Superman has been a plot device in every Superman there has been.

>Krypton is at its best when it represents the potential future of humanity, the bright, technological and societal wonder that Earth could become if we stopped fucking each other over and decided to become smarter.

I have to agree with that because then it would make Jor'El's speech about his son being an example for humanity to emulate make some sense.

With the way MoS stands it's very difficult to understand how that society could've produced what appears to be an extreme outlier in Jor'El.

I can think of seven versions where that's not the case but you do you snyderfag.

>I mentioned the previous movies because none of them showed any of those things you ask so much about and there wasn't any problem with that,
Doesn't the Donnerverse have Lana Lang in it? I remember thinking it was weird how her actress went on to play Martha in Smallville.

Name them. We're talking about movies here. It can't be his parents either.

>With the way MoS stands it's very difficult to understand how that society could've produced what appears to be an extreme outlier in Jor'El.
Because the plot demands it to be so. Just like everything else that happens in MoS, as it's written backwards from conclusion rather than cause.

She only appears in the... third one? As a love interest?

Zod is an outlier too since he's also revolting.

>We're talking about movies here
You are, maybe.

The discussion is about why Superman didn't seemed to have a life outside of his parents in MoS and how Smallville is important in Superman formation. Naming a TV show as a rebuttal makes no sense.

>We see Clark going to school, kids knowing his name, kids either defending or bullying him. We can see and infer that he had a life and friends.
We can infer no such thing. Tons of kids go to school where people will know their name and will be "defended" if they're being bullied right in front of people. That doesn't make them friends, something someone whose actually had friends would understand.
>being bullied by someone means they're your friend
I like how I asked you to do one simple thing but your autism prevents you from admitting you can't do it. You can't name a single time Clark actually spoke words or was spoken to by other kids. Just admit it.

>I mentioned the previous movies because none of them showed any of those things you ask so much about and there wasn't any problem with that
Who says I don't have a problem with them either? Could you please point out where I said that. We're talking about MoS so I was only criticizing MoS, sorry I didn't also mention every problem I have with every other interpretation of Superman as well.

>But the fact that he's alien IS important because it'll change the world.
Not if he didn't want it to. if he wanted to as far as Johnathon knew at that point he could've lived a normal life. Him being an alien is irrelevant to his character traditionally because that's not why he wants to help people he wants to help people because of how he was raised. How he was raised in MoS it makes no sense that he'd want to help people, which I suppose is why he hid from the world until he was forced to come out.

Johnathon also usually has more faith in people that Snyder's paranoid monster version. He believes people are at heart good which is why Clark is usually so good.

>I can name, but why should i?
aka you can't but your autism won't let you admit that. He objectively doesn't speak to them.

I said as a kid. The fact that you think he's friends with the General is hilarious and peak autism.

We can safely say that he's friends with Lana and Pete in MoS. Pete is in his funeral, after all.
We see kids speak with Clark in MoS.
Sure, i bet you have.
In MoS he helps people without the use of a costume or cape, but lots of people ignore that. Either way Jonathan was speaking about the use of his powers. Something that he must be more careful with because of the unintended consequences.
>How he was raised in MoS it makes no sense that he'd want to help people
Why? He has a loving father and mother. He seems like a nice kid, himself. We see Lana defending him in the bus, so we can infer from it that some kids have his back. It's a tight community because we see Pete's mother coming to talk with the Kents about Clark saving the bus.
He spoke to and was spoken to.

Gay

MAN OF STEEL begins with Clark already an adult. Whatever snippets of Smallville that we get is framed as Clark reminiscing about his childhood and specially how much trouble his powers have given him over the years. First starting when they first manifested. Complaining about why Lana, Peter, Chloe, or whatever have you weren't shown in substantial degree is stupid.

>We can safely say that he's friends with Lana and Pete in MoS.
Based. On. What.

As I have stressed many many times now my autistic friend they have zero interactions that show they are more than classmates who might occasionally bully or feel sorry for someone being bullied. They literally never say a word to each other. They literally never properly interact. They never do anything normal friends do with each other. I know this is hard for you to understand but please try.

>We see kids speak with Clark in MoS.
You mean the kids bullying him? How fucked up was your childhood that you think those interactions mean they were friends?

>In MoS he helps people without the use of a costume or cape
If they happen to be close to where he's hiding. Lots of people ignore that.

>Why?
Because as I have explain many times now his father and mother were paranoid fearful idiots with no faith in other people and Clark had a miserable childhood with zero friends.

>He has a loving father and mother. He seems like a nice kid, himself.
They were only loving to him, not to others, they didn't encourage him to help others which is what a hero does. Which again, explains why he hid from the world and only occasionally helped people who were lucky enough to get into trouble near him.

>so we can infer from it that some kids have his back.
We can infer no such thing because they have literally no other interactions and literally never say a word to each other.

>He spoke to and was spoken to.
I ask again, and this is very simple for you to objectively prove me wrong. Just name the times then.

I WILL CUM IN YOU!

Attached: zod I will find him some more.jpg (690x447, 44K)

>substantial
I'm complaining that they weren't shown in ANY degree as friends. Something that's core to establishing who Superman is and why he is that way. Sorry I don't just want him born and destined to be good cos reasons.

Nolan was a producer on Man of Steel, and probably vetoed some of Snyder's dumber ideas. Also Hans Zimmer clearly thought he was scoring a good vision of Superman, and it comes through in his score, elevating the material. You could tell just by his interviews on BvS his heart wasn't in it anymore, which is almost undoubtedly why Junkie XL had to be brought in.

I loved the movie but it's a thematic mess

You whole goddamn problem with the movie is that fucking scene about the bus. Because you're an autistic fuck who doesn't get that Jonathan wasn't really against Clark saving the kids, he was just worried about Clark possible being found out if word got out. This because Pete's mom was already making a scene about Clark being a miracle child. Lets ignore several other canon in comics or adaptations where Jonathan was against Clark using his powers before being ready. Like Smallville where Clark was forced into mentally breaking Lex because of it. Jonathan didn't hate people either. Nothing in the movie lends to that idea. He was just scared about people knowing or spreading about Clark's secret before Clark is mature enough to handle the pressure. This in a digital age where word can easily travel the world world in matter of hours. That's all.

Where was Superman's childhood friends in Donner's first movie? Or Superman Returns?

The only reason Zimmer didn't score BvS in its entirety was because he didn't want to do the Batman musics, since he felt he had already done everything he could on Batman.

It wasn't just that, he also didn't click with the Affleck version of Batman he was scoring for
>“I spent months trying to come up with something for Ben. The Batman that I know and the one I learned is the one that Christian did, and Ben plays it differently. And I can’t quite shake that off. For me, the Christian Bale character was always completely unresolved. It was always about that moment at the beginning of the first movie, where he sees his parents getting killed. It was basically arrested development. The Ben character is more middle-aged, he seems to be grumpy as hell but I didn’t feel the pain that I felt in Christian’s performance. And it was that pain that made [me] interested.”

>“Ron Howard actually said something very smart to me. He said, ‘Don’t say you will never do a superhero movie again, wait for somebody to turn up with an amazing script for a superhero movie,'” Zimmer recalled. “And I suppose that’s what I’m saying: Can I please have the amazing script?”

Or comics
or cartoons.

Based Zimmer saying Ben’s Batman sucked and the writing for BvS was shit.

>You whole goddamn problem with the movie is that fucking scene about the bus
No, I have MANY MANY goddamn problems with the movie however the one this entire inane circular argument has been about is Clark's lack of friends, happy childhood and reasoning for being a hero. As I have explained many many times yet you continue to deflect so I'm now just going to assume you admit defeat. Yay me I guess.

What do those movies have to do with MoS? Why are you Snyderfags so fucking obsessed with other movies? Snyder chose to to show Clark's childhood and he chose to show that it was a lonely miserable one. I can't judge things that weren't shown in other movies even though they were shown in the later Superman movies

It was shit and the techno-organic aesthetic was retarded

>Why are you Snyderfags so fucking obsessed with other movies?
Because they're from Yea Forums and don't know shit about Superman from the comics, or cartoons, or fuck, even the video games.

>everything is bland and grey
>a lot of thought
I bet you wanted to see Snyder's generic I'M SO EEEEEVIL literal monster grey CGI New Gods as well didn't you?

Focused on one character and his backstory instead of two and was made before the whole MCU vs DCU autism wars

I honestly even doubt most of them have actually watched the other movies the whole way through.

I feel bad for Zimmer. He probably thought he'd get the chance to do something iconic that because associated with a franchise for generations like Williams did, but wasn't going to be able to for a Snyder movie.

>was made before the whole MCU vs DCU autism wars
What? No it wasn't.
90% of the initial defense of Man of Steel was "The Avengers had destruction too! Why was it okay when Tony Stark killed people but not Superman?!!"

But Clark has a reason to be a hero. Just because the Smallville moments are focusing on other stuffs that isn't his happy moments or him with his friends, that doesn't mean Clark never had any.

>Snyderfags think this is comfy
I always found it weird that he cares more about killing a genocidal monster who just happens to technically be the same species as him than all the people from the planet he was raised with that were dying around him constantly.

>>“Ron Howard actually said something very smart to me. He said, ‘Don’t say you will never do a superhero movie again, wait for somebody to turn up with an amazing script for a superhero movie,'” Zimmer recalled. “And I suppose that’s what I’m saying: Can I please have the amazing script?”
That quote isn't about BvS, though. But capeshit movies in general.

Given how shitty the planet he was on was to him I can understand it.

>But Clark has a reason to be a hero.
But he doesn't apart from destiny. That's what I've been trying to get through to you.

>just because Clark wasn't shown raping the Joker doesn't mean he didn't
Irrefutable logic.

He cared for them, though, otherwise he wouldn't risk his life for them.

We've had a child, Zod. A boy child. Krypton's first natural birth in centuries, and he will get a cgi moustache and look like a neanderthal, idiotically ask batman to save martha and die a bitch emotionless death

There's a difference between people dying from various causes and you making the conscious choice to take away a life.

>idiotically ask batman to save martha
If Superman asked him, it would have actually been a better character moment.

Or maybe he just does it because the script says he has to?

This. It isn't snapping Zods neck that makes this scene feel awkward or out of place, it's the anguished cry Supes gives. It doesn't feel earned.

THESE SHITPOSTERS WITH THEIR ENDLESS DEBAITS HAVE LEAD Yea Forums TO RUIN

You keep hammering about destiny, but that only pertain to the fact that he's alien and have superpowers. Jonathan thought that his existence was important because he's alien and that simple fact was going to be monumental to everyone. Jor-El thought he'd be a god to humans because he'd gain super-powers in that environment.
Ignoring the fact that he's an alien and have superpowers the concept of destiny have no weight in the story. Clark decided to help because he felt responsible for Zod's actions. Before that because he was close whenever shit happened.

Read it in conjunction with the previous statement about Batfleck, and learn to read between the lines. Why would someone say "I'm done with superhero movies," after BvS, and then later amend it to "Maybe I'll do superhero movies again, but can you please show me a great script?" It's because BvS's script was terrible.

Or because he got tons of invite to score other capeshit movies and they all sucked?

Exactly. Him actually killing Zod is one of the lesser problems I have with the movie. If Snyder had actually taken the time to show that Clark values all life, that all the destruction and people dying are really effecting him, that he'd tried all he could to save everyone then it could've been a really powerful moment. Instead it feels super cheap since we just saw tens of thousands die in a destruction porn fight where Superman seemingly cared more about making out with Lois than the people dying.

>You keep hammering about destiny, but that only pertain to the fact that he's alien
>Jonathan thought that his existence was important because he's alien and that simple fact was going to be monumental to everyone.
>Jor-El thought he'd be a god to humans because he'd gain super-powers in that environment.
So you agree with me?

>Clark decided to help because he felt responsible for Zod's actions.
Which as I've pointed out if you've been paying attention makes no sense for his character. Why would he feel responsible for people that hate and fear him? If anything based on his characterization he should've stayed hidden. His characterization is completely inconsistent. We're shown he had this miserable, isolated life full of nothing but tragedy but then he suddenly wants to help everyone? Why? Because the script says so.

Nah, it's because the last 3 superhero movies he did all sucked. It's so obvious a blind man could see it.

His mom? Lois?
That's like asking why Batman cares about people. His life was one of isolation and misery outside of his parents and Alfred.

In your opinion.

Watch the krypton show then say that to my face bitch

>His mom? Lois?
Are literally the only people he cares for which fits in with Snyder's Randian selfish beliefs.

>Batman
Nigga what? Have you ever read or seen anything Batman apart from Snyder's terrible version? We're almost always shown that Batman's defining quality is his refusal to give up and to not let anyone suffer as he did. We usually see this from a young age in him and in cases where we don't like the Nolan movies he develops into that person via actual development. Bruce until he trains with the League in BB IS a selfish, bitter dick. He doesn't suddenly one day decide to be a good person because that wouldn't be consistent with his character upto that point, he develops into a person that cares. Superman in MoS has no such development. He has a miserable life and spends his time hiding and running then suddenly is willing to do anything to protect the planet. Why?

>actually liking nu-superman

I do.

An iconic incel villain