THE DRAGON PRINCE

So I just finished season 2. How do you like this show Yea Forums? I actually really like it but I'm going to be honest, I think Aaron Ehaz is doing too much pandering to make this show seem so progressive and diverse. It doesn't feel natural it feels forced. Interracial relationships, lesbians, deaf characters, paralyzed characters, bi-racial characters. It just comes off as forced. It's like he's trying to one up Avatar the Last Airbender but this time, it's coming off too strong.

Attached: the dragon prince.jpg (1200x800, 148K)

Most of those things are a lot more normal in real live now.A number of them used to be in not-legal.So it need to be in people's TV now to.

Does it really matter? If Aaron wanted to add a diverse cast in his own show then why does it matter?

What difference does it make?

I understand that but it really seems like Aaron Ehaz has a checklist of diversity and he's going through checking off everything one by one. It just doesn't seem genuine to me, it seems like pandering.

Attached: 1531959060213.jpg (206x213, 13K)

If thats the case does it matter?

I'm not saying you're wrong in that all of the characters are kind of just integrated into a setting with generally homogeneous culture but wanting to establish a cast with a broad range of features isn't a REAL issue.

The MC is a white-skinned teenage boy with two (2) teenage girls running their hands down his pants. When you say "forced", you mean it doesn't seem natural to you. In which case, that means you need to be exposed to more of it until it doesn't seem unnatural anymore. Especially given that this is a fantasy setting with magic and elves and dragons.

Fucking tumblr fucking leave.

>In which case, that means you need to be exposed to more of it until it doesn't seem unnatural anymore.

Hey, retarded freak, it's unnatural because it's unnatural in real life. It will always be jarring no matter how many stories you ruin by forcing it in, because it doesn't jive with reality. Lesbian queens aren't a thing. They never were a thing. They will never be a thing.

It's that some writers are taking tokenism to the extreme, either by choice or by requisite. It really isn't new to entertainment, it's just that they are trying to find new "characteristics" to add to the mixing pot.

Attached: bkkids.jpg (751x517, 102K)

If you want diversity done right AND let it be done in a natural way then Hey Arnold is the most perfect example. Hey Arnold has gay characters, interracial characters, bi racial characters just like Dragon Prince too but in Hey Arnold, it's done in a subtle way and doesn't come off as pandering. It feels so natural. Dragon Prince leans more towards the forced, in your face kind of way.

Attached: hey arnold tjm.png (859x705, 728K)

So you are saying no queen have be a lesbian?

Loosen up

Probably the same person, but it is matter because it was forced and it ruined the "realistic" setting that he was building about the kingdoms.

Attached: 1491258073947.jpg (400x303, 55K)

>Dragon Prince leans more towards the forced, in your face kind of way
Yeah like episode where they monologued for 15 minutes about how being biracial is a good thing.
Oh wait that didn't happen.
Your definition of not being "forced" is keeping everything in the background so even though Dragon Prince brought no special attention to the fact that anyone was gay, black, and deaf or whatever but instead portrayed as a natural and accepted part of the world you whine.

You can't be serious.

>'realistic'

>elves
>dragons
>magic
>all fine and dandy

But "interracial relationships" is too much for some people apparently.

Is this show worth watching? I got like seven minutes into the first episode when it came bu the fps killed it for me.
That;s the first time something like that has happened to me.

Wait, second seasons is out? Why nobody discussing?

It's funny. We all give Bryke so much shit about Korra being mediocre with Aaron Ehaz but really Aaron needs Bryke and Bryke needs Aaron. The Legend of Korra had soul but didn't have a brain but The Dragon Prince has a brain but doesn't have soul. Avatar was a masterpiece because you had Aaron's brain and Bryke's soul together.

Attached: korra x asami.jpg (500x439, 68K)

Its been out for about a month now

Can this website get some topic banlists finally going? Because Dragon "#WOKE SJW pandering lesbo bait Netflix garbage" Prince seriously needs to be permabanned.

see

>But "interracial relationships" is too much for some people apparently.

>Now let's talk about our realistic kingdoms and the politic behind them
>Two queens
>Seems legit

Attached: 1510404823977.jpg (720x480, 46K)

>You can't be serious.

Tumblr faggot

Attached: Nigga fury.jpg (621x481, 90K)

>Is a good show.
SJW pandering will NEVER be good.

>Are you upset a genocidal war is not being present as a positively?
Yes. War is the greatest advancement of human civilization. Saying "WAR BAAAAAAAD" is promoting stagnation and stupidity.

>#WOKE SJW pandering
Oh it's you again. See pic related.

Attached: 1483749653408.jpg (168x285, 16K)

>Yes. War is the greatest advancement of human civilization. Saying "WAR BAAAAAAAD" is promoting stagnation and stupidity.
So ISIS is good?

For them, it is.

The real problem is shoving gay characters everywhere. Fact is that you can't tell a character is gay unless they specifically demonstrate it. That's why there' so much controversy over Korra. Putting in non white characters is more important because they can't be hidden and revealed to non white willy nilly. They can't secretly be gay so if you wanted to hide them they would have to be removed entirely. Therefore gayness is inherently less important to a character than their race just from superficial aspect but TDP only skims the surface . Therefore gay characters are inherently worse characters than POC characters.

I think the diversity is the least of the problems, you have a bunch of characters that are kinda just wandering around with no direction doing dumb shit, the dialogue doesn't know how to be serious or believable, and the overall plot doesn't have much urgency to it. I like a decent amount of the characters but the princes or both fucking lame and drag the show down hard.

This is why collaborative work is so labor intensive you need a lot of people looking at all the angles to a story to really nail what you are doing. I've been writing a story for two fucking years and building a setting and characters is like a never ending job where you don't sleep and just keep retooling shit.

>War is the greatest advancement of human civilization.
I always thought Draftee Daffy was an exaggeration of American culture. And there we are...

Attached: MV5BODkyZTFjYWUtYTVhOS00Njk0LWIxN2ItNGQzYzYzMTAzMDcyL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjYyODY4NDU@._V1 (738x540, 471K)

The problem is always the execution with these sorts of characters you need to keep people interested in them enough for people to not realize that you have two lesbian queens.

t. yuropoor getting his nation "legally" invaded

>War is the greatest advancement of human civilization.
Agreed. It raises the chance for people who share your mindset dying horribly while cowering in their foxhole.

>Two queens

The problem with these characters is that their roles are stupid by default.

I think its the opposite. Korra is souless. TDP doesn't have nearly as much thought process in it, but you can tell the animators, writers and artists truly love their baby.

>seems like pandering...
it is obeying the narrative that must be pushed.
but....
so far it is done skillfully enough to come off as just pandering, which, requires some skill.
dude is making his $$$.

Sometimes it is pandering (weird, entertainment that "panders" to its fans so tries to put in stuff that they will like?), but these fun things pander a lot in a lot of different ways because they're meant to be amusing.
But I also think people assume too much when they think these artists and writers are just doing it for the fans. A lot of young artists are socially liberal (not economically liberal, though), they and their friends are bi or gay, they live in NYC or LA or some other diverse urban area and have their entire lives. A lot of them put this kind of thing in because they like it and they want to.