What does Yea Forums think of the Wacky Races reboot?

What does Yea Forums think of the Wacky Races reboot?

Attached: judyjetson.png (373x436, 163K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ad_duF9l3JU
youtube.com/watch?v=YXRHC1VzecE
youtube.com/watch?v=UmsfqmLKwh8
youtube.com/watch?v=xb1w_qVOKm0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a reboot?

this. I wasn't even aware it existed.

What is she doing next to a trash can? Why does she look like she's on hard drugs?

Could barely past one episode. What the fuck were they thinking.

What episode is this

I only remember that one failed pilot. Is this from that, or did they actually make a newer reboot?

Newer reboot.

It's from the finale episode "Wacky Races: The Movie"

I think it's implied she became a crackhead having trouble finding acting gigs in dystopian Hollywood.

What, wait, where?

Attached: bullshit.jpg (211x536, 26K)

It was cancelled along with that Flintstones reboot where Dino dabs, I think they're just burning off the last few episodes
Judy looks hot in this, where's it from?

Boomerang show, primarily on their app.

Literally the only thing I know about it is they is they did a fat fetish episode with Penelope Pitstop

Everyone became fat, I think, not just Penelope.

youtube.com/watch?v=ad_duF9l3JU
Might as well post this. Might explain why a highly derivative product ended up so subpar.

youtube.com/watch?v=YXRHC1VzecE

I can fap to this.

too futuristic for me

Attached: s2_race.jpg (498x496, 75K)

Judy's face reminds me of the same face that Marshmellow Pony had while said "MY FELINGS, DARLING! STRESS COUTURE!"

Had a rough start, underrated gem now.

The Wacky Races reboot was banished to Boomerang almost immediately after it premiered, which is why most of you guys never heard of it. It still airs on that channel frequently though.

It's another example of Warner Brothers Animation trying to give Cartoon Network what they SEEM to want, lighthearted 15 minute flash animations, and still getting snubbed anyway, just like Be Cool Scoody Doo, Justice League Action, Wabbit, etc.

The new show has less than half the racers the old one did, presumably as yet another cost saving feature. What's strange is that a lot of the racers they decided to get rid of were the more gimmicky ones, which kinda takes the Wacky out of Wacky Races.

Peter Perfect is the most heavily changed of the returning racers. In the original, he was just sort of a bland chad, but in the new one they play him as a vain narcissist.

Penelope Pitstop's gimmick in the old show was being overtly girly, but that's not PC any more, so her new gimmick is jack shit all. In a way, she's kinda taken OG Perter Perfect's role as "the boring one".

They added this boy genius character, which is baffling because he's basically the same gimmick as Prof. Pat Pending from the old show. I guess some executive felt they needed a kid in the race for the target demographic to self insert onto.

Probably the most interesting thing about the show is that really obscure Hanna-Barbera characters will sometimes how up as surprise guest stars in certain episodes. I remember I caught one episode where racers were antagonized by some old Huckleberry Hound villains, for example.

It came and went like a wet fart, barely noticed that it started and never noticed that it ended

What's the context of Judy Jetson being here?

>The Wacky Races reboot was banished to Boomerang almost immediately after it premiered, which is why most of you guys never heard of it. It still airs on that channel frequently though.
That's because it was cancelled along with some other WB reboots.

I have a soft spot for deranged reboots like this. The show basically got the TTG treatment. It has plenty of violence, random randomness, meta humor (especially in season 2) and appearances of other H-B characters like Hong Kong Phooey or Space Ghost.

True, but who cares about that

Attached: tumblr_ovvx64FfXu1ru642no2_r1_400.gif (304x304, 1.99M)

>I think it's implied she became a crackhead having trouble finding acting gigs in dystopian Hollywood.
Yeah that tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=-F1Onibpxtw

>It's another example of Warner Brothers Animation trying to give Cartoon Network what they SEEM to want
This shouldn't be a problem anymore now that they are FINALLY the same company

The characters go to Hollywood and she's there as a struggling actress who for some reason acts like a crackhead.

That doesn't look wacky at all.

I really liked the original show watching it decades after it aired as a kid. Probably doesn't hold up, but if I never reexamine then nostalgia won't die

Hahaha... dude, wouldn’t it be funny if she sat down on anons face.... hahaha... and then she takes a fart on his face.... hahahahaha... wouldn’t that be funny?... hahahahaha...

Yeah, I need me bloody fix.

Attached: Go on.jpg (500x500, 172K)

This one image alone has turned me away wacky races soul is not here this looks so fucking generic and doesn't even capture what it's about.

Attached: 1285040139220.png (214x209, 77K)

that's Rimba Racer

Attached: herculad1.png (168x250, 56K)

Looks like Judy thinks it's wiggity wiggity wack, yo.

What kind of new characters would a new version need?

In which Muttley does a thing.

Lemme guess, it's another case of edgy Millenial writers who do the deconstruction of The Jetsons they'd always wanted to see.

Actually, there's an entire sequence where they shit on writers. They portrayed them as shambling zombies trying to get into the WB studios.

>Yabba DABba Dinos was cancelled before it even premiered
Thank christ, I'd hate to be the user that leaked that footage last year

ones that are wacly

A hyper kung-fu monkey and his pervy old turtle teacher.

>It's almost like [Hanna Barbera] weren't trendsetters, they kind of went along with what was going on. If it was a popular TV show or there was an aspect of the TV show that was popular at the time they would take that and expand on it.
STOP THE PRESSES

Attached: slowpoke_bufferin___by_fancypantsdrawings-d4vdw7y.gif (550x400, 16K)

what is the obsession of CN in making all the hanna barbera stuff (except scooby-doo) for adults?

Every time I see this I mistakenly think its from Disney Infinity or some shit, but nope

youtube.com/watch?v=UmsfqmLKwh8

For the love of all that is holy

Honestly the entirety of the HB library is pretty worthless now since they never retained any pop culture status outside Scooby Doo (which ironically enough almost died in the 90s) and to a lesser extent Tom and Jerry. The Flintstones hasn't had anything new since the TV movie On the Rocks in 2001 and since the Seth McFarlane reboot fell through has been relagated to WWE promotional material, Yogi was just straight up abandoned after Yo Yogi! only to get thrown away before resurging in those John K. shorts and then again 10 years later for a shitty live action film which bombed, Jetsons died after the movie bombed only to resurfance years later as Flash shorts from John K. and another weird promotional crossover with the WWE, Top Cat briefly came back for two movies mainly because it was done entirely by Mexico. The most these properties have ever gotten exposure in recent years was Harvey Birdman Attorney At Law but even now even Adult Swim is moving away from the HB library leaving the entire estate in limbo.

Attached: 1554008137134.gif (384x206, 2.17M)

The "Who's on first" joke and reverting check model were okay, but doesn't feel very Races. Also complaining about getting hit by a hammer off-screen being not appropriate for the time slot is really weird, especially from Dick.

yeah. it has a soul,unlike that WR reboot

youtube.com/watch?v=xb1w_qVOKm0

Attached: 1486153434359.jpg (600x502, 88K)

>It's only not okay when Dick Dastardly does it.

A lot of HB shows feel like products of their time. They can be done well (Scooby-Doo cartoons and those Flintstone comics) but for the most part no one cares enough.

Make a cartoon that apes Infinity War.

Is there a more weird flex than then NES game?