Thoughts on over the garden wall?

thoughts on over the garden wall?
just Recently rewatched it and think it’s just as much of a masterpiece as the first time.

Attached: 1133E62F-AE60-46F6-A303-FFB77A9A0E0A.jpg (600x655, 55K)

calarts shit

Hands down my favorite show! Check out the comics some time, they fill in some blanks but are otherwise mostly filler

Attached: wort.jpg (405x469, 53K)

Best show CN made in the whole of the decade

it's unironically the BEST Animated Series thus Far.

It's got such strong theme, maturity and tight story telling that it's the only show that's overtly calarts that Yea Forums still likes

Angry faggot

A lot better than Gravity Falls.

It's a nice, surprising treat for Halloween

Attached: large.png (448x490, 105K)

Easily the best cartoon of the decade. You can study it for a long time and you will keep finding references and secrets.

Funny story I watched all of it yesterday for the first time and it's truly enchanting, it's a wonderful bit of surreal fantasy that I worry I might not have liked as a kid. Greg was a little annoying.

Contrarianism is literally the worst part of western culture and has lead to the destruction of all western art. If people like you didn't exist we'd be decades ahead of where we are now

Attached: 1540229709442.jpg (296x529, 21K)

I saw it back when I was 15 and it fucking rocked my world. It was THE show that made me "get" western animation, seeing as I was a pretty hardcore weeb up to that point

Western animation: story/writing
Eastern animation: Attractiveness/fan base

THIS. Back then with this show you came to realize "These western guys are doing good shit".

Perfect halloween comfy

Attached: 1506040358704.jpg (1920x1080, 768K)

Guys tell me your opinion. Let's say that the story wasn't exactly as we wached it in the show but it was supposed to be slightly different.

Let's say that it wasn't just Jason who was misinterpreting by Wirt but instead Sara is part of that illusion. Wirt sees her as a lady with good intentions and Jason as the bad guy who is trying to stole her of him, but the reality is that Jason is a good guy, dumb, but a good guy and Sara is in fact a woman who seems to be good but she is in fact a bad woman who laugh of Jason's attemps to woo her but she acts good in front of Wirt.

Would that have made a better plot-twist for the story?

Attached: 1498332156801.png (1662x860, 985K)

I'll be frank that just sounds a bit miserable.

Yes it will happen in season 2.

Attached: More Interesting Edit.png (972x548, 602K)

why? If the half of the story is an illusion of Wirt (his point of view of Jason)... why not the whole story?

It undercuts the whole idea that Wirt is held back by his perceptions of others and himself. Having his fear of being humiliated by someone who he's earnestly attracted to come true kind of validates his biggest flaw.

This is however ideal endgame.

Is there anything else with the comfy new england folklore atmosphere? Doesn't have to be Yea Forums related.

>It undercuts the whole idea that Wirt is held back by his perceptions of others and himself.

Yeah but it validates his reason to be distrustful with the people. "When people is too good with you they are probably hiding their real reasons" his way of see the people makes sense and it's almost contradictory when they say that he is simply paranoid.

There is an anime about Brother's Grim tales, they are very good to be honest.

I really want to see their new daughter.

Attached: Giant-Comet-Moth.jpg (900x1200, 82K)

Funny, there is an owl in Wirt's room.

Attached: pensiveparrot.jpg (1024x768, 198K)

So where are you guys getting your comfy fall feels lately?
For me it's been costume quest

Attached: Costume Quest.png (607x814, 1001K)

>Having his fear of being humiliated by someone who he's earnestly attracted to come true kind of validates his biggest flaw.

He can still conserve his fear but she isn't a good person, that's the only difference.

Costume Quest is cool, but I feel that something fails with this cartoon and I'm not sure what it is... maybe there isn't enough McHale in the production.

Is this why you couldn't play D&D this weekend, Zac?

Who is Zac?

Some faggot who worked on both those shows. Along with the R&M comic and GLA