Watched this show for the first time in 20 years and I can't believe this was allowed

watched this show for the first time in 20 years and I can't believe this was allowed

Attached: Capture.png (1132x831, 2.13M)

I remember hating it at the time.

It was the 90s, back then it was about pushing the boundaries for better or worse. Nowadays it's about pandering to tumblr

It's funny, my parents had some qualms with this show, but let me watch it. Spongebob on the other hand...

Attached: 1550769237268.png (351x364, 258K)

As a kid I found Spongebob pretty obnoxious, the loud shrill nasal laughter, I can easily imagine a parent writing the show off on that quality.

Same, wasn't much of a Nick watcher past the Rugrats/Kablam/Legends of the Hidden Temple timeframe so missed all that Spongebob shit.

My mother would hit me with a belt or a chancla if she saw me looking at this cartoon. She had no problem with ANYTHING else on TV all my life except for this one.

It has THE DEVIL as a recurring character, was she religious?

They wrote it off for it's gross out humor. My parents sense of irony just knew no bounds.

Same

>was she religious?
>Googles chancla
I retract my question.

tv has gotten more "safe" this decade

There you go.

However, I think it was mostly because she found them incredibly grotesque. She was legit repulsed of the drawing in general and would loudly comment on them if she saw a glimpse of it while changing channels. I have never seen her react that way over anything else.

Except for Spongebob, sadly. It's become what parents thought it was in the beginning.

why are redskins such savages ? i mean, my mother would hit me with a belt too, but only if i did something really bad

I left Spongebob like a season after the first movie.

What happened to it? I imagine it has become more retarded humor oriented?

I was kinda indifferent, though I remember laughing my ass off at the gag where the red guy rolls out of the desert like a tumbleweed to rattle off some expository dialogue.

Don't know what to say man. I got beat up by pretty much anything. Hell I got hit if I did not say good morning/afternoon/evening loud enough when entering a place.

cow and chicken weirded me out but i like i am weasel

my dad loved the I am weasel segments and the red guy jokes, though we watched the latinoamerican dub.

Me and my family loved Cow and Chicken. It was so delightfully absurd and made us laugh constantly.

Fucking weird show.

i appreciate it for being weird and having interesting animation, but i have no desire to ever watch a full episode.

It was one of those cartoon-cartoons they would either play really early or really late in the day. I remember always wishing for Ed, Edd, and Eddy instead

That was some good stuff.

Attached: GrotesqueRecklessBedbug.webm (384x288, 86K)

It just ran out of good ideas and started using stupid ones

I loved this show.

>90s was edgy as hell, nothing was safe, orthodox parents had to be offended
>10s is soft and safe, everybody must be included and nonthreatening

where did we go wrong

This was my favorite show at one point

Attached: cow-and-chicken-s2-screenshot-04.jpg (450x344, 144K)

in the mexico dub did supercow speak english