Doom Patrol Talkback Thread

Episode 7 - Therapy Patrol

Attached: dp-poster.jpg (960x1280, 584K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/dc-universe-original-series-have-found-success-doom-patrol-titans-2019-2
youtube.com/watch?v=eBQl6AwWGJ8
mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg
thegww.com/exclusive-doom-patrol-audition-tapes-confirms-flex-mentallo/
heroichollywood.com/doom-patrol-flex-mentallo-brett-davis/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ommjm57nnA8
lmgtfy.com/?q=boku no pico
vocaroo.com/i/s03aV7e58FwK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit episode 4/10

no summary or title

Attached: doom.jpg (1259x762, 295K)

Reminder that DC Universe panel is today at 5:30pm pacific. People going to the panel at WonderCon get a lithograph of the OP. If you're not going, you can still probably expect any teasers shown (likely of Swamp Thing and Young Justice Season 3 part 2) to be uploaded soon after.

you will never be free, ladderbro

Every episode I appreciate Brendan's casting more

some people just like to be nice.
I cant imagine what it's like to be a turd your whole life.
I've really missed him these last few years.

Attached: turd patrol.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

Fuck off IGN

Attached: dp1.jpg (1120x510, 33K)

Is that Matt Bomer with make up or the suit actor?

Nice meme, kid
>On the originals front, the service has hit the ground running. A spokesperson told Business Insider that the biggest upticks in free-trial sign-ups, aside from the initial launch, have corresponded with the premiere of new series. DC Universe's first two original programs, the live-action "Titans" and the animated "Young Justice: Outsiders," have consistently been among the seven most in-demand streaming shows in the world, according to weekly data provided to Business Insider by Parrot Analytics.
>The shows have been praised by critics, too. "Titans" has an 84% Rotten Tomatoes score, and the new season of "Young Justice" has a 91%. The latest series to debut on the service, "Doom Patrol," is sitting at 93%.
>By the end of January, the DC Universe mobile app had passed 1 million installations on the App Store and Google Play, and revenue was up 53% in January compared with December, according to data from the mobile-marketing-insights company Sensor Tower provided to Business Insider (this is for only the mobile app and doesn't include other platforms such as desktop and Roku).
businessinsider.com/dc-universe-original-series-have-found-success-doom-patrol-titans-2019-2

When the bandages are off it's him

If you had super powers, would you fuck groupies?

Attached: dp2.jpg (1114x508, 91K)

Is Larry going to fuck the Negative Spirit

I actually don't know shit about Cyborg's mom, so good on this show

Attached: dp3.jpg (1115x509, 38K)

>you'll never e able to eat toast without be treated like a criminal.

Attached: dp4.jpg (1116x508, 41K)

Why is there a painting of Paul Joseph Watson?

That fucking twist.

Attached: dp5.jpg (1114x505, 71K)

Are you ready for Danny Patrol?

Attached: DANNY PATROL.jpg (281x315, 22K)

Hide that before someone gets triggered

I'm more upset about this nigger posting spoilers in the thread without covering them

Oh fuck yeah

Attached: dp14.webm (967x543, 2.59M)

I sexually identify as an attack helicopter, but even I'm confused by a gender queer street.

This show just makes me feel bad for these guys every episode

Attached: cliff no.png (1500x770, 1.11M)

I like Karen already.

Attached: karen.jpg (1114x504, 45K)

>That reveal of Admiral Whiskers

Attached: dp15.webm (707x543, 1.16M)

Attached: dp16.webm (742x580, 2.22M)

Attached: dp17.webm (783x543, 994K)

Attached: dp18.webm (821x543, 1.9M)

youtube.com/watch?v=eBQl6AwWGJ8

When's the MEGA?

Attached: 1553313866527.jpg (1983x1856, 1.11M)

>A sentient, gender-queer, teleporting street named Danny who’s being hunted by the secret Bureau of Normalcy needs help from Niles – but gets Vic and Larry instead

Huh... Neat-o

We did it lads

Attached: Danny_the_Street_001.jpg (1024x752, 206K)

Where's the torrent reeeee
>swamp thing
Can't fucking wait to see something. I wanna know if I need to be cool my expectations because after Doom Patrol they're pretty high

Let me see how Alec is going to look already Wan

Tomorrow

That's how you know a show is dead

Keep seething fag. Maybe one day, you'll actually be right

Where is the mega? Literally 90% of Yea Forums can only watch this via mega.

>babby Cliff

Cute!

Uploading here in 1080p
mega.nz/#F!1h0xUCQK!36LodkfUqLX-z1-GR6rpzg

user comes through in the clutch once again

thank you, user

Based MEGAnon

Attached: small.png (155x241, 8K)

MEGAnon is here to save us

Attached: 278E3351-0082-46A3-BD65-86D3916BD3D1.jpg (251x313, 52K)

Based

Am I alone in being totally in love with the synthwave soundtrack? How the hell did they get Clint Mansell to score this show?

It's up, sorry for the wait. Some retard recommended me the MEGA desktop app and it crashed at 99.99% making me lose the whole upload. Never using that again

BLESS YOU user

Great episode, but with every episode I fear more and more about how much my heart is going to broke when they died

It's going to hurt so good

Is this just a one off season? I know they said that DP and TT don't take place in the same continuity....

They have a second season that will start filming this year but it is the DOOM Patrol and these actors are pretty expensive

I think they weren't supposed to be, but then Titans was universally praised so now it is which is why they had Fraser and Bomer come in and redub them

Dying has never stopped the doom patrol

That bit was great, this show has so much heart in it.

>Rita feet
MUH

Attached: April-Bowlby-Feet-1404841.jpg (1880x1057, 128K)

This episode hit my heart

UP NEXT Danny the Street
mods pls no delet

Attached: 1553867522264.jpg (281x315, 22K)

You can't assign sexuality to a fucking street.

I have questions:

1. Is Jane a Super Hyper Omega Turbo cunt even in the comics?

2. Do any of these characters feature in anything else or have any good solo stories (apart from Cyborg)?

Been enjoying the series so far. Up to episode 5 right now.

is based on a drag queen and if youd see a picture you could see why, gun shops with flowers and tinsel

No, she's honestly pretty passive in the comics, to the point where it's a detriment to her character and she at times feels more like Cliff's sidekick than a main cast member.

You can't be a Non-entity, a brain in a robot body or 64 people with different super powers either mate, show Danny some respect if anything because it's a character that's not another flying brick or beam cannon.

Attached: danny-the-street.jpg (1400x700, 299K)

>Admiral Whiskers
aahahahahaahahahah

also holy shit at the preview next week. If they get Danny the Street right I will forgive them anything.

Reminder that Flex Mentallo was introduced on Danny the Street

Expecting Flex to show up is honestly too much, there's a limit to how blessed we can be in one period of time.

>GAY!

>1. Is Jane a Super Hyper Omega Turbo cunt even in the comics?
Nah, if anything she's too passive
>2. Do any of these characters feature in anything else or have any good solo stories (apart from Cyborg)?
Most of the Doom Patrol is pretty great, I would say read everything that isn't Bryne run

No I have no issues with the character, but the fucking thing, even if sentient, doesn't need a fucking tag like "Gender queer" assigned to it. It's a fucking street, brick, and occasionally alley.

thegww.com/exclusive-doom-patrol-audition-tapes-confirms-flex-mentallo/

heroichollywood.com/doom-patrol-flex-mentallo-brett-davis/
>A new audition tape featuring actor Brett Davis reveals that Flex Mentallo will appear on DC Universe’s Doom Patrol.

That's the point, it's not supposed to make sense. It's fucking Grant Morrison, post-modernism is his shtick

That's me well and truly told!

Attached: MAAAAAM.jpg (1324x992, 279K)

Mate you clearly haven't read neither Morrison's DP nor anyone else after him. Nothing makes sense, the first villains they face are a fictional society that tries to overtake reality, the second one is a painting that eats shit, the very arc Danny shows in has a guy in leopard tights turn the Pentagon round to disrupt it's negative energy flow.
Stop being so triggered by queer people holy fucking shit.

is Cliff a Yea Forumstard?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-29-21h49m57s227.png (1280x578, 603K)

When is this going to be on a real streaming service?

HOW TO FIX EVERYTHING WRONG WITH THIS SHOW:

>Give Mr Nobody two eyes

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

just pirate it

but niles blew off half his head just as he was attaining godhood

He truly is the standout character of this show

>It's all in your head.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ommjm57nnA8

Attached: 1553609547931.jpg (3952x3056, 2.79M)

Admiral Whiskers is

Read the source material faggot.

faggot, go read the original comics. Danny's always been a 1920's drag queen turned sentient Street. And he's a much more interesting and likeable homosexual than you

>It's all in your head
>literally in Cliff's head

If you are outside of USA, it will be on netflix when the season ends

Well now we know who's going to kill the Doom Patrol at the end of the season

Attached: tenor (13).gif (300x124, 385K)

>Admiral Whiskers

Who the fuck is him? The episode shown him like it was an important character or something

t. Bump

was he the one talking to ezekial the cockroach in an earlier episode?

Ohh, so he was stuffing his mouth since the rat inside was hungry

shit i didnt notice that, i thought he was just wanting to eat

>Ezekiel
>Admiral Whiskers
>Mr. Nobody
>Hamibal Lector
Man the Legion of Doom Patrol is getting weird

How is that why? The lines were redubbed before Titans even came out. What are you talking about

What a prissy faggot, stop letting your biases ruin a good thing

just accept yourself for being gay faggot

Attached: Your Post.jpg (205x246, 9K)

So, Mr Nobody learned DP's greatest secrets through a rat
Sneaky bastard

I told you someone would get triggered

I triggered at least 6 others with that troll comment.

ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED.bmp

What is that shirt Cliff is wearing? Looks familiar.

>you will never be neck deep in robo-pussy
Bub knows the words that hurt the most.

Since that was Cliff's delusion, does that mean he really wishes he was neck deep in robo pussy?

dead kennedys

Man Rita is really hiding something dark isn't she? Did she killed that baby or something? I also like how she comforted Larry, chased Jane, even felt compassion for Cliff going crazy.

Bump

Who doesn't?

Attached: bump.jpg (1280x738, 90K)

Ohh, duh. That's why he was being such a weird, impatient asshole during the group therapy.

but he already knew all of those things

Good episode. 'Cyborg continues to be an actual character and not a giant joke'/10.

>mfw that scene of him trying to get laid

Attached: 65d.jpg (198x222, 6K)

Except he already knew them in Episode 2

Swapping Beastboy for Cyborg was a genius decision

he's well written and adds great character elements to the group dynamic.

>Swapping Beastboy for Cyborg was a genius decision
who is beastboy?

google exists.

why did you type your question here instead of there?

Attached: Gilbert-Gottfried---Photo-Credit-Arlene-Gottfried-2_1403642151.jpg (500x500, 24K)

Yeah, I thought he was redundant at first since Robotman was already part of the team but they made him work and his dynamic with his dad is actually pretty interesting.

My guess she had a deformed baby and smothered it or something.

>why did you type your question here instead of there?
it's much easier

of course you can, he's filled with hardware stores and shit

The "redundency" in having two techy robot dudes ends up making a lot of interesting friction. Especially since Robotman is outdated as fuck and Cyborg's all ultrafuture/alien tech

Plus seeing Cliff act as a pissy brother to Cyborg is just fun.

well here you go then
lmgtfy.com/?q=boku no pico

You've never seen Teen Titans?
His gimmick is that he can become any animal

Attached: 1533412392388.png (740x444, 238K)

Can Animal Man copy Beast Boy's powers if he's an animal?

I'm like 95% sure that they've fought before, though I don't think Animal Man has needed an actual animal for at least a few decades

She made her friend kill herself, dude.

>You've never seen Teen Titans?
no

No shit that she did something that caused her friend to kill herself, but there's a baby involved and whatever it was it was horrifying enough to make Mento disgusted with her.

Still going with the theory that she did something to make another actress sick over a part and it accidentally caused her to have a miscarriage

Is season 2 coming/confirmed?

Someone up there talked about recording for it starting soon, so I guess?
What are the ratings for this like anyways

They're supposed to start filming it in the summer I think

But yes it got confirmed before the first episode even aired just like Titans but NOT like Young Justice though I'm sure that will change in an hour or so

I can't find a confirmed source on that -- can you post one? I really want to know Season 2 is coming i love the show!

>What are the ratings for this like anyways
Impossible to know with streaming. The numbers are internal and they tend to only be released for bragging rights (like when Netflix said 45 million accounts watched Bird Box). The word is that the shows are doing well though.

...this loser has no idea who Danny is.

We should laugh at him

They're having a panel in like an hour there will probably be something official then

>though I'm sure that will change in an hour or so

Why today?

See

That's great news -- hoping for a rewewal. is this a wondercon panel?

>it's a character that's not another flying brick
Well he was a flying brick once

Attached: Danny the brick.png (930x383, 394K)

Just a hunch

Attached: Screenshot_20190329-192046_Chrome.jpg (1079x1770, 1.17M)

Yes

noice

She's slowly becoming the team mom

I'm guessing she tried making the baby sick, and caused it to die, causing the mother to kill herself. Much more disgusting than causing a miscarriage.

>we might be getting Flex next week
I have never been so hyped in my life.

What do you think they will announce?

Attached: e6786c19-e208-4ed4-8057-6c1b98f666da.png (640x343, 40K)

>faggot, go read the original comics. Danny's always been a 1920's drag queen turned sentient Street. And he's a much more interesting and likeable homosexual than you
Not him, but I read Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol many years ago and I'm a little annoyed they're using shit forced identity politics labels like "genderqueer" or "toxic masculinity." Just call him a gay street, or a street that does drag.

You know who wouldn't mind?

Danny.

I honestly don't know what his opinion would be on retarded new terminology like that. He seems to like being old fashioned.

Yeah but I also wonder if part of her reason for being more compassionate and motherly comes from her guilt of what she did plus her wanting the others to not judge her harshly for what she did once they find out about it (and Nobody will air their dirty laundry). I get the feeling they are all going to judge her anyway. One of Jane's personalities will be set off, Vic is too up in his moral code, Cliff and Larry were parents so if the death of a baby was involved they will be upset.

Probably confirm Season 2, tease some stuff as well as talk more about the characters, take questions. Standard stuff.

>no mention of "BOOYA"

holy fuck that was great

>I'm the only one who can stand you and even then I only like 1/64th of you
Cliff is a fucking legend. Why the hell did everyone jump down his throat when Jane was being even more of a vindictive bitch?

It got a laugh out of me

He was acting more erratic than even jane was thanks to admiral whiskers

One of Jane's most dominant personalities is literally designed to push people away to protect herself. Cliff doesn't have the same excuse.

In the show all of Jane's personalities have pushed people away. The writers either made her surly or angry. There's no in-between.

>One of Jane's most dominant personalities is literally designed to push people away to protect herself

This. Its not hard to fucking get. Hammerhead (and Black Annis in the comics) exist for this. Literally.

>the state of DC universe
Yikes

Attached: D23dx8vUcAEta2R.jpg (2048x1152, 266K)

I know, I'm explaining why they jumped down Cliff's throat and not Janes. They expect Jane to be a repulsive bitch, not Cliff.

Go back to shitting up the Captain Marvel and Shazam threads.

I love how I thought Robotman/Cliff was the straight man for the first 6 episodes but now he's acting just as kooky as the others.

Really Negative Man's the straight man, the "this is stupid, i'm going to my room" of the group

Happy Batman Day

Attached: D23e_3uUgAIi6KZ.jpg (2048x1152, 222K)

>put down my pet rat last week
>Admiral Whisker's mom scene happens
>cry like a little girl

Not a good episode for me. Fuck.

>20,000+ comic books will be available in April

>Krypton season one will be available on DCU starting April 5th.

>Justice League vs Fatal Five available on April 16th on the service. Batman: Hush is next.

>Krypton season one will be available on DCU starting April 5th.
Finally, damn. I'm pretty sure they said DCU got exclusive streaming rights for Krypton even before the service launched.

New schedule

Attached: D23gNplVAAIXUk-.jpg (2048x1536, 436K)

Just finished Vic's portion. This is legitimately the most excited I've been for a series since I first saw Channel Zero. That sequence where he realizes he can basically see anyone he wants in real time is fucking chilling.

You are a tremendous faggot.

So it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll get giant Rita, we've only seen her use stretch powers once, briefly

Attached: D23gm_vUcAYdieR.jpg (2048x1152, 170K)

There's always S2.

>no Doom Patrol
damn

Well not until 2020 at least

The showrunner is one of the panelists

Attached: D23dWeRUYAE_q4k.jpg (680x383, 41K)

Might just mean it's not airing tell next year.

>not airing tell next year.
still damn

Danny the Street first appeared in 1990. He's not SJW in any way shape or form. I'm genuinely expecting the first snowflake character in any form of media I've enjoyed since... shit... ever.

cute

I'm panicking please someone give me some good news. Doom Patrol NEEDS a season 2

It was just too expensive to keep going

You should of subscribed

>Sneak peek of Doom Patrol showed Cyborg and Cliff getting on each other's cases and a look at the Ant Farm.
>Flex Mentallo will make an appearance on Doom Patrol.

Yeah finding out whatever she did will test her relationship with all of the characters. I think Larry probably would be the one who wouldn't judge her that harshly, especially since he seems like he has his own skeletons in his closet (for lack of a better word, lol) and who knows what he and the negative spirit did some black ops shit that they both hate thinking of. Larry and Rita also seem to be closer to each other than they are with the other characters.

I think we might but they're slow burning it. She still has trouble keeping herself together and her stretching came in a crucial scene. Also we already know she can endlessly expand when she blobs. They're probably going to save Rita going big for a crucial moment or maybe an episode were they do an "Attack of the 50 foot woman" parody episode.

That Stargirl mask always looks weird live action

>the vibe of Swamp Thing: super scary, inspired by Alan Moore run.
>Mark Verheiden talks about how they are making Swamp Thing scary with the southern gothic horror being brought to life.
>They are using as much practical effects for Swamp Thing as possible

>Harley Quinn guy isn't on the panel

Goddamn, now how will I know if Harley/Ivy is endgame on the show

Doom Patrol is the only one of these DC shows I've even touched, but Swamp Thing has me interested if they can keep up anywhere near the same level of quality and passion.

>"No matter where we go or how crazy we get, these characters are first and foremost human beings." - Jeremy Carver
Also they had a sneak peek at Swamp Thing

>beast boy green
>starfire orange
i want to belive

God I hope they do the Nukeface Papers. That was my favorite one off.

Attached: 1534596101135.png (789x591, 1023K)

>Brandon Vietti says the fans, and their vocal support of the show, is what caused DC Universe to bring Young Justice back
So if you want Green Lantern or Constantine back you know what to do

What is the relationship between Mr. Nobody and The Chief? Is the big twist going to be that both Niles, Eric and the Brain were members of the "original" Brotherhood of Evil? While the second iteration of it (led by Ultimax) was the one defeated by the first Doom Patrol.

Attached: 1553521830905.jpg (1985x3050, 1.38M)

It's already explained that the Chief fucked up Mr.Nobody's operation before it could finish, forever denying him the peak of his powers

I don't think Constantine would really come back, at least not as long as he's a star on Legends.

Brendan Fraser has to be one of the most underrated actors in the business

you got any more mr nobody pictures? I fucking love his character design

I like Matt Ryan as Constantine but nothing would make me or any sane person want to crossover or even mention CW shit on DCU shows.

Also they will probably bring Constantine for Swamp Thing season 2.

Here's him running for president.

Attached: 1553523830105.jpg (1990x3056, 1.43M)

The thing is he's already on Legends and Constantine is confirmed to be in the CW verse.

Here's him riding on a bike.

Attached: 1553522403793.jpg (1985x3050, 1.63M)

Yea i know i meant Ryan's Constantine having a second season on DCU streaming.

I just want CW cancer to stay on CW.

And here he is as a true american patriot.

Attached: 1553523077767.jpg (1985x3050, 1.25M)

I know that, it's just speculation on there being more to the relationship than just Niles fucking up Eric's ascent to godhood.

Attached: 1553312610503.jpg (1983x3050, 2.66M)

Thank you very much

Attached: 1553408595348.png (621x350, 366K)

>Constantine is confirmed to be in the CW verse.
A Constantine is confirmed to be in the CW verse just like A Doom Patrol is confirmed to be in the Titans vers3

I respectfully disagree.

Title is called "danny patrol"

Given the success of the show, season two is definitely happening.

Not him, but I would if they weren't US only

Are you fucking serious? This was one of the best so far, and that's really saying something considering how good all the rest have been as well.

The guy posted 2 minutes after the episode aired. He's like/is the guy saying DC Universe is crashing and burning; just trying to start shit.

I was gonna say, I just can't fathom how anyone could think that ep was close to bad.

Cliff needs to lay off the strings of cursing a bit

Well shit now I'm worried. Wasn't Titans renewed before it even premiered? I'd guess Doom Patrol has a significantly bigger budget as well and I doubt it's getting as many viewers simply through lack of brand awareness compared to Titans despite it's much better critical and fan reactions.

Doom Patrol could be doomed.

Does the hole in Cliff's arm -made by Vic- symbolizes his vulnerabillity?

>Doomed by too high quallity needless animal CGI budget
absolute condition of the kino

How? I have to wait for it to end to watch it on fucking netflix

Holy fuck that was a good episode. Brendan Fraiser really killed it as Cliff. Also Admiral Whiskers was hilarious.

>straight man
heh

Admiral Whiskers and Ezikeal are OCs right? They're sure fuckin' weird enough to belong to the Brotherhood of Dada

>Admiral Whiskers and Ezikeal are OCs right?
Yeah

What about the games?

>getting triggered from Morrison's Doom Patrol
lmao

I wonder if they'll show Animal Vegetable Mineral Man

Attached: DOOM_PATROL_89_2_0-1.jpg (1365x2048, 879K)

user go watch the series now.

Attached: doom-patrol-animal-vegetable-mineral.jpg (738x369, 34K)

Dr. Will Magnus

Attached: metalmen08-platinumkiss001.jpg (800x731, 971K)

To be fair, he wasn't himself this episode.
Doesn't make up for the rest of his profanity, which has been getting tiresome, I agree.

i hate doom patrol.. it is shit.

I hate you

holy fuck

Attached: joke.png (608x548, 553K)

So Chief = God
Morden = Devil
And this show and all our lives are just some game to two repeating forces of nature? Well fuck it, might as well make something out of it

Attached: thicc.jpg (2000x1748, 1.27M)

I think we'll come to realize that Chief is much darker than he appears, they might also go with him being the reason for everyone getting fucked up. I dont think that there has been a version of the character before where he doesnt have some sort of shady shit going on in the background or at least is a bit of a psycho ending up turning on the others for one reason or another.

i hate Doom Patrol. such pointless fascist bullshit.

Attached: 15501712618170.png (444x640, 666K)

Really looked like he was going to be a forced diversity type who was really out of place but the whole "only competent" hero thing works really well.

It's almost a shame that they've hinted he's going to titans.

Fuck if for whatever reason they arent able to get a second season I hope our boys get to be in an episode each season of titans or swamp thing.

I've got so used to Arrowverse's "pretty but unthreatening stickfigures" that having a hero that shows off their curves is a welcome change.

Any idea what the tone of it is going to be? Not familiar with the character.

The series is getting universal glowing reviews so if it isn't a hit for DC then it's only their marketing or general unpopularity of their streaming service to blame.

So is Jane the worst part of the series?

Not sure if it's just the character or if they failed to hire someone who could convincingly act multiple personalities.

It's the character. Jane sucks in the comics too

I believe its supposed to be another team up series with justice society but they are using Stargirl as a lead.

It's a pretty tough job to be honest but I'll agree that it could be better, doesn't help that Jane is portrayed mostly as an asshole standoffish character. Although she has gotten plenty of scenes around her it feels like they havent been able to actually go deeper and get some real development out of her. Same problem with Larry, we have gotten pretty much the same point but only now does it feel like he is finally ready to make some progress.

what's her problem?

Attached: a vlcsnap-2019-03-30-18h38m45s070.jpg (1920x1090, 205K)

A good portion of the personalities shown so far are just various forms of angry jane.. After awhile it gets a bit annoying because it makes it seem like it's just one personality with multiple powers
At least the last episode showed her personalities clashing with one another over destroying/saving the chief's tapes and generally being conflicted on her feelings about the chief

The worst part is that Jane and Cliff grew close super fast in the comics, as in between like 5 pages and Jane was admitting that he was the only man that most of her personalities liked and wanted to be around.

They need to cut the crap with all of them hating Cliff already, it's just annoying

This is the most kino cape-show since Legion.

hes getting stronger

Attached: xac6xbpmtrd21.jpg (576x823, 50K)

But the best characters in the show aren't even ones he wrote

The show is better than his pretentious drivel comic book.

are there chicks like this

negative man is too negative

64 personalities, 100% tsundere.

jazz is too small

Attached: cat.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

This shit is hitting way too close to home

Hes a fucking brain in a tin can with no external stimulus except sight and sound, thats plenty reason to me.

>Clara watching Cliff and his wife fight
Fuck that was a hard scene.

they fucking nailed the daddy issues/ spilling spaghetti in public

>realife phoneposting
not so bad huh
except sex

Is he the original
>no way fag
?

I’m reading Morrison’s Doom Patrol and I have no fucking idea is going on

Shit opinion 4/Your ass

You get the hang of it as you go along.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol. The humor is extremely subtle (almost non-existent), and without a solid grasp of post-modern thinking most of the references will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Cliff and Larry's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into their characterization - their personal philosophy draws heavily from Rick Strassman literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this drug induced world, to realize that they're not just funny happy go lucky superheroes- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Mr. Nobody's existential catchphrase "I plow the page, says the pennnn" which itself is a cryptic reference to Pynchon's epic The Crying of Lot 49. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Grant Morrison's genius unfolds itself on their tablet screens. What fools... how I pity them.

And yes by the way, I DO have a Hammerhead's tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I want karen to give me a nursing handjob

I really, really hope that at some point we see Nobody running for President in the show.

Ryan wants to be on Swamp Thing and frankly, I would be completely fine with him dying on LoT and showing up on Swamp Thing with no mention of the CWverse. Constantine being on a funny and light-hearted team and not screwing them over never made sense to me anyways.

Cant eat or sleep or even fap.

Good, everything's working as intended then.

Yeah but is that really a sign of quality or just random nonsense?

Holy fuck that is some setup

Quite alot of em actually,they need the big daddy D to recombobulate that nogging.

wow kind of transphobic

She probably had her apprentice #metoo herself since Rits couldnt do it anymore. Girlhad a rape baby and killed herself over the guilt and Rita gave the baby up in the end after promising to take care of it.

Aren't the minority characters usually the only competent ones when forced diversity is a problem?

Did Cyborg have to show his body? He could have just showed an arm. And Fuck Mel. So judgmental.

thats a cool name!
get rid of it

Where can I watch this

currently US only DC streaming service, I've been 'borrowing' it from the internet but it will probably be on netflix when season 1 ends

yea I don't know what the fuck that was about, I get it, but it was just weird that he wanted to show of his body like some dude on tinder when he's already missing half his face

There's a MEGA

because he was showing her the real, he put it all out there from jump. Even tho it's his face is messed up, he may be somewhat human. That's why it was so sad we she was like nope. Either the girls want to be fetish or girl like that who would think he's a monster.

The fact that Danny the Street wasn't a stage in either Injustice game is the real injustice.

How pathetic to you have to be to activly wish for a show's demise. Especially one you probably haven't even watched or you'd know how stellar it is. You can like things from multiple companies, user. They won't throw you in jail for it.

Could be pretty neat if they died every season and then came back in the following one due to some BS comic book reason.

Honestly the best version of the character.

This pic made me go re-read the issue and holy fucking shit I feel like Jamie Hewlett is personally trying to humiliate me, this is probably a issue he did to help his mates Grant and Richard out or maybe some extra cash he needed to keep up with his work and he still pulls out everything I've been trying to do since I was 16.

Attached: Doom Patrol #50 09.jpg (978x1518, 206K)

I was half hoping for a Princess Bride gag

>because he was showing her the real
Yea, again I get it
but I still feel he came on kind of strong, it make sense in a story telling perspective, just really off center I feel.

On a different note, I'm coming around for cyborg. I like him now

>Cliff being so eager

He was an absolute precious boy and I love him.

>but I still feel he came on kind of strong,

I agree, but I like it better because he literally just got back in the dating game after his dad put him on ice for like five years. He thought he had a winner and wanted to show off like a 'normal' person would, it made it actually kinda sting when she turned him down. Never thought I'd feel bad for Cyborg of all characters,

If it wasn't for Rita and Cliff he'd probably my favorite Doom member, I'm liking him a lot more than Larry or Jane.

The thing I like about Vic is he's not "Diversity" competent, he's just generally trying to be competent but is way out of his league. He's tried to bring everyone together, but they're so unruly and clashing that he couldn't do it nearly as well as a malfunctioning robot. He tried to lead the others into battle and defend BookBoy, but then he gets punked and is the only one of the group to get outright taken down in the fight. He tries to turn the torture back on Mr Nobody and dismiss it, but he was wholly unprepared for just how Nobody fights. He's smart, but doesn't know everything, and he's young and good looking but its a shallow thing mostly.

He's the closest thing to normal and that's the farthest thing from what they need, and what he needs. Best version.

She's a bitch, but she is right you know. She is just saying what everybody was thinking. Cliff just couldn't handle the cold hearted truth being shoved in his face, even when he acknowledges it himself.

The reason he could help her in the comics was because he convinced one of the personalities who hated men because of what Jane's dad did to her, that he wasn't a man.

Pretty sure he'll throw that back at her face in the show at one point.

>Cliff just couldn't handle the cold hearted truth being shoved in his face, even when he acknowledges it himself.

Issue is she folded like a house of cards when the truth got pushed back in her face. You see Cliff trying his damndest to get better and this is despite his brain literally malfunctioning/being fucked with on a metaphysical level while he's going stir crazy in the middle of a nonfeeling tin can, and all he wants to do is actually get better and Jane pulls this. Then he says "Nobody can stand most of you", which is also a hard truth that is very clear to everyone and she just breaks down and runs like she's been personally wounded. Cliff even apologized for his, something we've never seen her do.

It's just getting really hard to stick with her and want her to get better, which I guess is the point? Everyone's on a last nerve and its more endearing they keep trying to help her.

You're confused, that doesn't happen until the arc where Jane has a mental break down a dozen or so issues in and almost kills herself. Her trusting Cliff and declaring a good chunk of the other personalities liking him happened in the first arc

>everything I've been trying to do since I was 16
Post your comic art, user.

You know, Mr. Nobody's powers are a combination of his sanity draining powers, the painting that eats everything, and Red Jack and his home. It seems like the only way to beat him is for the Doom Patrol to travel back into his dimension, find his power source, and just like with Red Jack and his butterfly collection; cut off the connection so that Mr. Nobody will revert back into plain old Mr. Morden.

Attached: Red-Jack-DC-Comics-Morrison-Doom-Patrol.jpg (500x1152, 104K)

Speaking of

Attached: D2rKNDZWwAYhyOl.jpg (575x1024, 53K)

Re-posting since the other DC Universe thread died. If you don't mind minor spoilers from next week's episode, here's the audio from when Cliff and Cyborg are speaking after Cyborg finishes repairs on Cliff: vocaroo.com/i/s03aV7e58FwK

I love this show.

Really digging Cliff and Vic's dynamic, the two have good chemistry.

Robot boys pride

You must swear vengeance on the rat's murderer, user!
Seriously, though, sorry about your rat.

it's good on them how they didn't overlap cliffs and cyborgs issues at all. Cliffs problems are that he's trapped a unfeeling shell and that he's basically been dead to the world for decades, vic is that his father is possibly controlling him on a fundamental level

So...no one's gonna mention Cyborg's AI going full invasive spy mode for Vic when he was chatting up that Tinder girl? It mentioned a lot of its blocks have been removed and Vic seems perturbed by it. And it's named Grid so are we gonna get the closest thing Cyborg has to a Bizarro on DP?

Attached: grid.jpg (681x761, 411K)

When that painting first showed up I adopted a theory that Cyborg will end up becoming Grid at least temporarily.

You can gauge how good a character is by how good the chemistry they have with Cliff is.

>Rita
>Cyborg
>Larry
>Jane

In that order.

I actually feel like Cyborg has better chemistry with Cliff here recently, but Rita's just doing better as a character.

Grid might end up going full Black Mirror on us, that thing is spooky and probably alien tech

slug rita is cute! CUTE!

Mr Nobody got one hell of a power up, buuut its not exactly that much of a stretch for him.

He'd normally need a pile of weird and obsucure bullshit and henchmen to pull of what he does in the show, but it does fit.

If he's somehow stealing Red Jack's power, that works too. Jacks a douche, Nobody at least is likable.

Great!

This is the most interesting version of Cyborg, ever. Plus, the dude can act.

I think they may go the Swamp Thing Anatomy Lesson route.

It's honestly surprising. His mystery is engaging, dude can act, he has enough character besides that, he has a legit fear that his body is healing him into a robot, the lack of autonomy, the constant spying he just can't escape, there's honestly enough for a solo series here, let alone a movie.

Holy shit Cyborg could carry a series.

normal nobody would never pull off the shit in the show, he's not as much of a cunt

Why doesn't anyone age in this show?

>Holy shit Cyborg could carry a series.

Okay sure but I hope he doesn't get taken from this show because now he's 'clicked' or some executive order shit, he has a cast that works well with him and this story and removing him and putting him in a spinoff is a big risk. It could work, but I'd rather stick with the good until it's not good anymore, then maybe try.

Its all in your head.

Cliff's robot body just doesn't age beyond the occasional replacement part.
Rita technically does age, she just can control her biology to the point that it looks like it doesn't and can undo the damage.
Larry doesn't age because the Negative Spirit doesn't want her too.
Jane does age, but only the personality that's out front actually ages at any given time. So she does age, but only at roughly 1/63rd the natural rate.
Eric doesn't age because whether or not he even exists anymore is debatable.

Chief is just Chief. He's full of secrets.

I still think that's going to be a plot point later.

If they do Red Jack in the show who will replace Lodestone?

Honestly I don't get that level of pretentious from DP like I get from Rick and Morty. Even in the show.

I'm with you, the Mento episode played about with that in a way that drew extreme attention to the fact everyone else is aging.

Does Rita really have good chemist with Cliff? I think she mostly stands on her own

I think she has some of the best, she's straight-man when he needs someone to bounce off of but still snaps when he's too much-the "HOLY FUCK" triad from Episode 2 is a perfect example. She also is supportive and against him depending on the situation, and they had a great rapport in the most recent episode.

She's a better straight man for him than Cyborg honestly, because Cyborgs "ENOUGH" moments just aren't as funny.

Eh she's OK with him, so far the people Cliff has interacted more with are Cyborg and Jane and out of those two he works better with Cyborg. Rita is the one that's less of a jerk to Cliff than anyone else but that might also be because they don't interact much. Next episode it's going to have her and Cliff go look for Jane so we'll see more of the interact while Larry and Cyborg go help Danny.

>Negative Man

Attached: hj,x1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg (827x889, 61K)

Did you know the writers always intended for Tobias to actually be the lightest skinned black man on earth, but they never bothered to actually state he's of african heratige... other than his love of African clothes

Fuck Batmen.

Who's your favorite characters on this show?

>Cliff
>Cyborg
>Mr Nobody
>Rita
>Admiral Whiskers

He will be, but only because everyone will die and he'll join the Titans

I actually really like her no, not just because the actress is a thicc goddess I swear and don't get why some people have such a problem with her. I just wish they'd do something more visual on-screen when she changes personality's to help us identify them better.

Hammerhead started growing a chest Tattoo to differentiate her from Jane in the last episode

I wonder if he’s ever going to write an episode

redpill me on doom patrol. I know nothing about it but these look amazing

She was raped by her father and just found out that the second person who tried being a father figure to her wanted to send her away. She's tired of people using her to project their paternal feelings onto.

This

Didn't he get a few co-writing credits? I may be confusing this with Happy since I don't watch any Morrison shows sober, because Morrison

how can anyone watch this garbage?
jane is annoying cunt, muh 64 personalities, fuck off bullshit, toxic masculinity, pure sjw
larry homo faggot drama - degenerate and boring
robot is a cuck, fuck fuck fuck
next episode - danny gender queer street, wtf? disgusting
both chief and nobody are bad white guys

Attached: 1545411807672.png (357x500, 412K)

It's a psychedelic superhero adventure that must be seen to be believed. Here's a storytime thread of Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol. Happy reading.
#
#
#
#
#

Attached: 1553521148684.jpg (1985x3050, 2.86M)

thank you user, very cool

I don't know what you expected from a Doom Patrol TV show.

Larry was even more weird in the comics and Danny was always a weird crossdressing street that identified as male

Wow. You're right. I never thought of it that way. This show really is terrible. Thank you so much for your insightful post, otherwise I would've kept watching and enjoying this show. I hope everyone sees your post and learns to stay clear of this show that clearly has an agenda. Have this webm as my thanks.

Attached: dp5.webm (1200x540, 561K)

>didnt say anything about Rita
Does this mean she's based and redpilled?

Attached: pol3rgC5po1rj63gf_1280.png (746x771, 268K)

I needed this image you posted, so thanks

Yea Forums does have a soft spot for the woman they can call mommy.

Attached: 1552671385357.webm (438x545, 238K)

I mean can you blame them? They were planting the seeds since day one.

Attached: MommyRita.png (540x492, 637K)

Yeah he's just a chill, friendly street.

Ding ding ding. Her friend clearly killed herself over being raped and Rita did something like abandon the baby, or even killed it.

He's gay as fuck, dude. He literally talks like a 20's drag queen.

But he is chill as fuck about that tho, and it might help Larry accept himself for who he is.

He is! It may have been a fever dream, but I swear he decorates his stores too.

He does, yeah.

I read those the last couple of days and really loved them.
If you're the user that posted those, thanks a bunch

Attached: IMG_20190327_115221.jpg (1986x1842, 1022K)

That's some Finn MacCool tactics right there. Do they try to fool him with different lies or is that it?

Hes not, but I am. You're welcome