Now that the dust has settled, what do I think about the Power Rangers Comics and Lord Drakkon?

Now that the dust has settled, what do I think about the Power Rangers Comics and Lord Drakkon?

Attached: 1506948393911.jpg (1702x2063, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1il_C_5QxBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked it, but the ending was really REALLY bad

Attached: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2018 Annual - c000.jpg (530x960, 136K)

I think it's a stupid and pointless idea to give Super Sentai reshoots in New Zealand to disguise it as an American production. I think it's an even dumber idea to base comics on the reshot version.

Haven't read the comics. Did Tommy make Jason his bitch?

I'm tired of Tommy.
I'm tired of Jason David Frank.
I hate this entire plotline.

But when everything went back to normal everything was boring again.

Only Tommy can make things interesting.

>Lord Drakkon
That's the laziest name ever.

>Only Tommy can make things interesting.
It's only like this because they keep letting nostalgiafags write and make all the creative decisions for Power Rangers.

I think if you're an adult and still care about Power Rangers you got issues.

"The evil future me" plot isn't bad, but it should be Zack instead Tommy, after that issue where Rita considered Zack first as the green ranger. After all that foreshadowing with Zack all butthurted about Tommy, it would make more sense.

Anyway, I liked the art, not the arc itself.

>Zack
That's boring and doesn't make sense. Also kind of racist.

Tommy becoming Evil Tommy is fine. The only problem is that they have no follow up afterwards.

> Racist
Jokes aside, racism is basically a non-factor in PR as a whole, as campy as it could possibly be. The villain is/could be alien, black or gay. So?

>doesn't make sense.
literally mentions the comic about Zack and Rita, so yeah an alternate story where Zack takes Rita on her offers works just as well as Evil Tommy.

>Being this entitled on Yea Forums

>Being this entitled on Yea Forums
I mean... What says is true and the shows suffers from obvious problems because of it, problems only children can overlook.

Anything taking western power rangers seriously sucks. The show was and is hilarious in its camp and lack of budget and taking it seriously kills all appeal.

Power Rangers isn't Sentai. Stop trying to make it Sentai.

I didn't watch Power Rangers past In Space, but the unmorphed fights against the Putties shot for the American episodes were always my favorite parts of the episodes, especially in Mighty Morphin, they were SO much better choreographed and executed than the stock footage.

We are getting a new Psychoranger story set after lost galaxy.

Attached: power-rangers-psycho-path-cover-1164867.jpg (900x1514, 197K)

>Power Rangers isn't Sentai. Stop trying to make it Sentai.
This may comes as a shock to you, but no one gives a shit about Sentai.

Power Rangers in England one day, lads

What is with these weeaboos posting on Yea Forums?

It isn't the Suicide Squad Psychoranger story I wanted, but I'll take it.

This. Also student they stop filming in New Zealand by Samurai or Megaforce. Nvm that New Zealand only started being used in the Disney era, not from the beginning

*didn't
>Inb4 phoneposter

>im-fucking-plying that the entire comic series isn't pulled straight from sentai plots
Stop trying to make western power rangers serious. Stop trying to turn Airplane! back into a B thriller.

Evil hero from another dimension was not invented by sentai. Power Rangers is not a parody of sentai like Airplane was for airplane movies. It's silly because it was a show for kids, and the target audience for the comics are the grown up kids who are still invested in the characters.

>Power Rangers is not a parody of sentai like Airplane was for airplane movies. It's silly because it was a show for kids
It's both. You think the adult writers and editors didn't know where the footage was from? You think the show is legitimately fucking hilarious and nonsensical on accident?

>the target audience for the comics are the grown up kids still invested in the characters
If they're still invested in the MMPR they didn't grow up.

Battle for the Grid is like an autistic 12 year old's grimdark Atomic Betty fanfiction

Nobody involved gave enough of a shit about the source material to make fun of it, they were just producing kids entertainment for a quick buck. And maybe the comics and cartoons board is not the best place to make wide proclamations about people not having grown up. You're just austistically screeching at something you don't have interest in for simply existing.

You seem awfully down on the original production for no real reason. Go watch it, it's a riot.

>stop criticizing comics and cartoons on the comics and cartoons board!
No.

Attached: 4b6.jpg (180x242, 9K)

I think one of the biggest problems with the power rangers comics (as well as the 2017 film) is they try to "westernize" power rangers. I mean it's asthetic is very japanese in appearance to where it can literally be described as "It's godzilla + Superheroes" and if you take out the "Godzilla" design aspect you just got another generic superhero comic.

Obviously not everyone is going to feel the same way.

It reminds me of the crappy movie where the only person who knew what the movie should've been was Elizabeth Banks

This.
What happened to Jason?

Attached: Austin_St_John_02.jpg (534x960, 60K)

Alternate Tommy.

He comes from a reality where the Rangers save him like in the TV show but instead of joining them and turning on Rita, he runs away and Rita later manages to convince him to side with her willingly. They conquer the world and then he kills her and steals the power of the White Ranger when Zordon attempts to give it to Jason, killing him and rebranding himself as "Lord Drakkon".

There's more to it than that but basically he becomes a despotic emperor and has employed the power of the Power Rangers to his own end.

i think it was a millionary idea that to this day still prints money. Stay mad.

Actually, scratch that, I forgot; "Drakkon" was the name of one Rita's old comrades and he adopts the name while he's still working with her as his successor.

Well, with like a quarter the budget of a Nickelodeon sitcom, of course it will.

Everything seems to revolve around Tommy, good or bad

And how’s the video game adaptation?

Attached: 7B7048A0-06D7-4B05-BAD4-8EB5E8DED891.jpg (900x506, 101K)

Haven't a few people who worked on sentai done work on power rangers and vice-versa?

It's fun. Nothing amazing, but if you like power rangers/sentai and fighting games I think it's worth $20

Needs more characters. Roster is too small for a 3v3 tag game.

Last I know is koichi sakamoto. I know he is currently working on a live action project for Blackfox anime
youtube.com/watch?v=1il_C_5QxBg