Do any of you fags actually like characters that you disagree with morally or politically...

Do any of you fags actually like characters that you disagree with morally or politically? It seems like Yea Forums is so hung up on whether or not they’d be friends with fictional characters if they were real rather than the things that make characters compelling.

Pic related.

Attached: 1270FA97-A91C-499E-B323-187ACA4CFF5E.jpg (542x609, 97K)

I recognize that the Punisher is an unhinged lunatic but I still like him. I think that’s the point of his character.

I morally disagree with the Punisher a lot, but he's a great, fun character. Hell, Warzone was one of the stupidest movies ever, and I loved every minute.

Attached: punisherblack3.jpg (620x955, 148K)

Yes, it's called fiction. I'm sure Darkseid and I would have different political ideologies but I still like him as a character.

So I guess anyone who likes a villainous character is just as shitty as said villain?

You sound great, OP.

I'm a radical feminist and pic related is my sweet boy and I will keyboard warrior for him anytime anywhere. Outside of Yea Forums, I love Inspector Javert and Stannis the Mannis.

Attached: 3287A0FA-BACE-4B28-853F-BA49A17861E3.jpg (1280x1811, 412K)

I like Batman but everytime he doesnt kill the joker he's in the wrong

Attached: 3479065-5078826411-bm650.jpg (700x772, 143K)

Terra is a complete bitch but that’s why I like her

Attached: 23157462-216D-4561-B0D9-242C3461C493.png (925x596, 911K)

10,000,000% true.

Manchester and his buddies are total fucking edgelords that I despise but I do like him as an antagonist to Supes because unlike other foes he’s not intimidated by Clark, or envious of him, instead he just think Supes is a bitch so he shittalks him which is hilarious.

Attached: 90E7C426-1F69-47C8-A74D-21FD39E0E67D.jpg (650x1024, 281K)

Rorsach
Punisher
Nick Sax
Barracuda Max
Vriska
DOOM

Reading comprehension, do you have it?

I like characters that are interesting, well written, and fun to read. This is coming from someone who is about as far to the left you can get but hates 80% of the books marvel is putting out. Writing quality is more important than an agenda when it comes to fiction.

Batman is a victim of a static status quo held in place by the executives and focus groups in charge of the corporation that owns him. In many ways he's no different to any other long-running Big Two character, but writers bring up the more nonsensical aspects of his narrative way more than other characters for some reason (just to be "clever" I guess) so it becomes more noticeable around him.

Yes. Gert from Runaways has been a favorite for long before I knew I had a political leaning and it was the opposite of Her.

On the moral front juggernaut is my favourite character but I grew out of being the embodiment of destruction and chaos around 2 or so.

Kinda. I’ll never be able to enjoy Green Arrow, but I still love Nikolai Dante, even though he’s a womanizing rogue and I’m a friendless KHV. Same goes for Iron Man. I’m not a fan of Globalism, Kong’s and Doombots patrolling every other street, but I still enjoy Doom as a petty, goofy character played straight. Dredd’s pretty fucking harsh, but I still find him interesting. Going out and killing people out of boredom isn’t something I approve of, but Grendel is still entertaining. And so on and so forth.

It’s about finding enough relatable and enjoyable stuff in a character to make you able to ignore the stuff you don’t agree with/like. But I don’t think I ever could like a character who’s complete the opposite of me; in all aspects.

>Nick Sax
Good taste m8

>Do any of you fags actually like characters that you disagree with morally or politically?

It happens. But it requires good writing, and good writing is scarce in comics these days. It requires a writer who is coherent and aware enough that he can explore ideas different from his own with respect and intellectual honesty. I think the last such writer was Alan Moore, and he retired.

Sure, I doubt me and Black Adam would hang out but I still feel he’s good as both a Shazam villain and as a protagonist

>I think the last such writer was Alan Moore, and he retired.
w e w

Attached: E01943D9-4C48-4F48-BB8A-3F2E1E2E3567.jpg (1149x875, 282K)

I tend to only really like characters that I would hate in real life. Good stories are bred by troublemakers and flawed people. Shit, Peter Parker is an absolute drain on everyone socially, but he's great to read about.

It’s because of the “Batman is realistic” meme.

I'm not really a fan of specific characters.
Because of their episodic nature I think most comics characters can have good stories pulled out of them.
So I care about more about the specific creative team.

Personally I like a lot of out their comic books because I really like the interesting visual feasts for the eyes that are drawn.
But many of those authors are very left-wing and I feel very alienated from modern left-wing movements in many ways.
I think many on the left are larping as being outsiders or lower class and have no real understanding of what being an outsider really means.

I try not to let my politics effect my judgement of a work but there was this one mini-arc of a few of issues of Hellblazer that really got to me.
The part painted the men working at a pig slaughterhouse as disgusting ogres and the young son who was a vegetarian as a handsome Chad.
It came across as incredibly facist.
The untermensch subhumans were evil and ugly in every way and the ubermensch was good and beautiful.

Would someone who was really discriminated against, who had the barest understandings of real poverty and pain so easily fall into this kind of thing?
Growing up poor all your friends and family were fat, ugly and deformed or you were so yourself.

This is no different to many other comics though.
I just have personal issues with leftist hypocrisy because I grew up in an extremely left-wing city and have always felt like an outsider.
So I probably did let my politics and personal issues ruin my enjoyment of the mini-arc.

So to answer your question: I have to admit that sometimes I really do have trouble with my politics interfering my enjoyment of a well-constructed story and feel very angry with comics I disagree with morally or politically.

I think it's got more to do with his arch-nemesis being mass murderer-man