THE FLASH Movie Scripts

Warner is deciding between two scripts, one by current directors John Daley & Jonathan Goldstein that is lighter and more straightforward, and one by Ezra Miller and Grant Morrison that is darker and more ambitious. Here’s the details.

>Daley/Goldstein draft
Barry Allen and Hunter Zolomon are friends. Zolomon is displaced from the time stream during a fight between the Flash and the Rogues, who were hired to steal a prototype time machine from S.T.A.R. Labs, and attempts to use his power to alter history, forcing the Flash to stop him. Iris West is a journalist and Barry’s love interest. Jay Garrick is a scientist and Barry’s mentor. Rogues are secondary villains and just regular criminals, but the movie sets up their transformation into supervillains. Eobard Thawne alluded to be their employer.

>Miller/Morrison draft
While trying to prevent his mother’s death, Barry accidentally frees Eobard Thawne from the Speed Force, where Barry had trapped him in the future. Thawne begins killing speedsters across the Multiverse to steal their speed and change the course of history, damaging the Speed Force and threatening to collapse the Multiverse. Barry teams up with Jay Garrick, the Flash from Earth-2, to stop him. Iris West is a journalist and Barry’s love interest. Multiple universes/timelines and its respective Flashes featured.

So far, Warner is favoring the Daley/Goldstein draft.

Attached: The Flash.jpg (765x763, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0pgi5G68y8
people.com/movies/amber-heard-not-silenced-johnny-depp-claims-accusations-hoax/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>studio favoring fluff over ambitious storytelling
sounds legit.

I've heard Ezra is walking if they don't go with the Morrison script, this any true?

No, I think that's just speculation. It logically follows, though. He teamed up with Morrison to hash out a script that would be the kind of Flash movie he wants to make, meaning if Warner goes with the directors' script, it wouldn't be a movie he'd want to make and he'd walk.

>ambitious
lol

Second one sounds neat

He wants to do it and Warner wants to do it, so executives are hoping for a compromise. However, he is being adamant about elements that they are not going to sign on for. If talks don't get anywhere by May when Miller's Flash contract expires, they'll probably let him go and recast.

As much as I hate the first one for making Hunter Zolomon Barry's rival while still keeping Eobard as his archenemy as well, it sound serviceable.

Second one sounds cool as fuck but I doubt it would turn out well if they go balls to the wall with alternate universes, multiple Flashes, and shit like that in his first solo movie. Seems like another case of jumping straight into Batman VS Superman and Death of Superman as the second movie in the entire cinematic universe.

I like the concept of the Miller/Morrison one more since it can get more crazy, wacky and unique. But I don't want it to be dark, bleak and overly serious and I sure as hell don't want the entire multiverse to be a risk. Make it a more lighthearted romp through the multiverse with Barry trying to find his way back home.

Although I generally don't like the guy I thought Moviebob had a really great Flash pitch that's similar to this a while ago youtube.com/watch?v=-0pgi5G68y8

Just combine the two and keep Ezra for his enthusiasm and dedication

Attached: 1552718654140.jpg (1080x1080, 92K)

I'm from the future Yea Forums, Warner went with the Morrison script but then recut it to incorporate elements from the first. It sucked.

Source?
Pls, don't let it come from your ass.

Just give me Flashpoint and use it as a reboot, you still have WW & Aquabro, also you can kill Mera without problems

>ambitious
Literally how OP described it, and also when has Grant Morrison not been ambitious, even if you don't believe he succeeds in his ambitions?

can't stand DC but just wanted to mention I'd facefuck the shit out of this lad
carry on

Attached: 1446287588587.jpg (350x526, 80K)

To be fair, WB is trying to get DC’s image away from the DARK AND SERIOUS tone that Snyder started and has been mocked by from everyone

Why didnt they just do a Batman/Flash detective mystery movie!?!!?!?

>Barry Allen and Hunter Zolomon are friends.
>Eobard Thawne alluded to be their employer.
BARF

Miller and Morrison's draft sounds better although I don't want it to be grimdark but then again Morrison is all about hope during the grimest of times and Snyder is out so I hope it happens.

Let's be honest: It makes sense to connect Barry and Hunter since they're both lab cops driven by similar childhood tragedies. It just fits.

I would prefer the second but I can understand why they would prefer the first. Outside of Joker, I don’t think the suits want to take a risk on something dark again. Although I think if it is executed it right, it could be their own Into the Spiderverse.

I wouldn’t want the second because I know that they would totally kill off White red-hair Wally West for shockvalue

While I have read neither myself, the people I know that have said this isn't just a case of studios being risk-averse, the Daley/Goldstein draft is tighter, particulary for a first movie.

>also you can kill Mera without problems
Why? She's not going anywhere

the second concept sounds a lot cooler (and doesn't just waste Zolomon and basically just replace Wally with Barry in his backstory, just use Godspeed if you want that kind of character) Im just worried it might be TOO crazy for general audience as a FIRST Flash movie.

I somewhat agree. Ezra Flash is a lot more like Wally than Barry anyway (though he's more Bart than anything else)

>Reverse Flash again
great...

Well that’s good then.

Pretty sure they were eyeing a black actress for Iris so you won't need to worry about that.

Well I mean.. Hunter pointed that out in the Flash War storyline, how he felt he was more similar to Barry... while Thawne was more similar to Wally.

And let's face it, we're not getting Wally in a movie for a long time, if It ever happens.

People already associate Hunter to Barry because of the TV show anyway.

Iris already been casted because she filmed a cameo for JL before Joss reshot the movie.
Its Kiersey Clemons

>People already associate Hunter to Barry because of the TV show anyway.
this shit still fucking pisses me off, why even use that character if you're going to change literally everything about the character like his costume, his powers, his motivations, his background, his archnemesis, etc. and the actual only thing you keep is his name?

>Kiersey Clemons
She cute

Attached: t-kiersey-clemons-vanities-0817.jpg (1440x960, 144K)

While this is obviously false I pray that they go for whatever Morrison is doing, it might turn out shit because of WB influence but it's going to be far more ambitious than anything the others put out

On one hand, the Morrison script is a Flash movie written by Grant fucking Morrison and it sounds way cooler.. On the other hand, Ezra Miller is fucking terrible and I hope and pray he gets the boot. I've heard he'll walk if they don't use his script, but I hope they get rid of him either way.

What exactly is so dark about the second one? Is it just the murder?

Morrison is ambitious for a high school drop out drug addict

We will ever see a redhead Iris West?

God what I would give for Ezra to stop being the Flash.
God what I would give for Ezra to stop being.

Attached: 1527278501845.jpg (630x627, 102K)

In Hollywood, Dark and edgy are buzzwords like on Yea Forums but even more so

Second plotline is much more appealing. The instant foundation of a multiverse is far more ambitious and allows for more extensive storytelling.

It can be this storyline, followed by Flashpoint as we think Flash wins, but we realize the world he wakes up in by the end of the first film is the opening to FLASHPOINT.

>Hunter Zolomon
Retarded
making the Rogues just a bunch of criminals and not supervillains outright is a bad choice too
Second pitch seems way cooler, but it'd be better if it was a fun adventure and not a DARK EDGY BVS thing(although it should have more mature themes)

Amber Heard abused Jonny Depp
Not looking good nowdays

>Not looking good
Literally no one in Hollywood cares people.com/movies/amber-heard-not-silenced-johnny-depp-claims-accusations-hoax/

But Ezra Miller though, him being still the Flash would guarentee the script not working as well as it should.

The fact that the current studio position on the Flash is that he's a wacky buffoon.

Tell me future user, do we get any news on genndy's new series or a shin megami tensei V trailer? Also, who is the new spiderman centipede demon villain dude?

>Miller seems to understand Barry's character in interviews he's done
>Odds are he's going to be forced into being the red meme man by WB again

But the Miller/Morrison draft sounds like an adaptation of Flashpoint which would benefit DC casting the new Batman/Superman as canon when Flash creates a new cinematic universe due to his actions in the movie. Also, it's fucking Grant Morrison, like sure Daley/Goldstein wrote Spider-Man Homecoming and that was good, but Grant Morrison has written some of the most critically acclaimed comics in these past 30 years. Like c'mon.

To be fair, the "ambitious" one sounds like it's going to end up needlessly complicated, and most of the time, convoluted scripts don't work for 2hr+ movies.

Wait, what the fuck happened to the plans to do a lower-stakes Rogues movie?

>Multiple universes/timelines and its respective Flashes featured.
They better have Grant in. I want to see those 2 twinks out-twink each other. Imagine the chemistry.

>let him go and recast

I don't see the problem here, they should flashpoint paradox the whole thing at this point. Start afresh.

Plus an aquaman vs wonder woman movie would probably beat out batman vs superman.

I GUESS HE CAN FUCK ZOOM AND IRIS AT THE SAME TIME

No because Iris had light brown hair when she firat debuted and she has always been depicted with brown hair. She was never a ginger in the comics. Hell see any panel where she is with Wally and you can see that she is not a ginger.

Attached: iriswestcomics1.png (460x442, 366K)

DC gotta stop with these "edgy" movies, goddamn, they're going no-fucking-where with this stupid idea.

I think Wally was shown with brown hair in some of the older comics and Iris has been given auburn hair. But yeah I don't think Iris is suppose to be a ginger especially since she's adopted into the West family.

Just like in Yea Forums anything that isn'tdumbed down and quippy is dark

Fucking manchildren.

His entire career is at WB since they also seem determined to make him important in the Fantastic Beasts franchise. I doubt he's going to play too hardball over this.

This fag doesn't look like Barry and don't act like Barry. Why they need to screw Wally's villain? Iris still that black chick?

Makes sense, Morrison and Miller aren't screen writers

>all these anons saying he doesn't act like barry
You know that's down to the director and writer right?
Or dother you think Affleck adlibbed his quippy lines in JL?

Some people have a unbudging hateboner for him and cannot he reasoned with

Well if he's going to suddenly act like the proper Barry, it would turn into the same situation with JL where the audience would get turned off about him.

How does that make sense?

People hated the Batman in BvS but how he is in JL was even worse for them.

There's a distinct difference between "general audiences (aka plebs who don't read source material)" and "fans of the material".
General audiences didn't really have a problem with Flash in JL, so unless they do a complete 180 on the character - which I doubt they will do as we've discussed ITT - it shouldn't be a problem.
They need to focus on pleasing the legitimate fans of the material and the best way to do that I think would be compromise between the two scripts.

>and that was good
It was just better than Webb's one. It's not a big achievement.

Weren't Einstein and Bill Gates dropouts?

Can the please let Johns handle this one too? The man did contribute a lot to Flash comics, albeit Wally

Attached: flash blowjob pose.jpg (1080x1080, 98K)

Why not let the first one be the first movie and use stuff from the second script for the second movie? The second script sounds like it goes all out instead of keeping it confined. Don't blow your load in the first movie. Plus, you set up the rogues in the first movie so why not?

Attached: sweating.jpg (360x240, 13K)

Johns wanted Flashpoint.

He wanted the basis of the story, not the rebooting of the DC universe. Granted, I'm a Johns fan, but I hate his silver age lust, especially for Barry and Hal when it pushes Wally and other lanterns out of the limelight.

Well, Wan inserted a joke about Johns' Flashpoint script in the Aquaman movie - Wonder Woman denying to the tabloids she had any romantic interest in Aquaman.

>I don't want DARK and GRITTY
>I don't want GRIMDARK
Dude, is this board for children or something? Just because something has adult themes and scenes, doesn't make it either of these things. But considering the average poster on this board grew up watching Shrek, I'm not surprised that everyone gets bent out of shape over some violence and harsh language.

The first movie seems like a good movie to start with, while the 2nd one seems like a good sequel.

Also I like the first ones utilization of the Rogues, which would be something different since The Flash series never really utilized them

Both having Jay sounds fucking awesome

Thank you, god I’ve been saying this since the day the Morrison announcement was made and you articulated it better than i could have

It's just annoying. Morrison's script, for example, sounds more adult, in tone and nature, as well as allowing for a greater and more expansive VFX. It also sounds like something people would enjoy more than "lol your boss and partner are the bad guys!1!!", which has been done to death via The Flash TV show (inb4 no one watches the 3rd most popular TV show in the world). And just because something is aimed towards an adult audience doesn't suddenly make it DARK and GRITTY, as everyone around Yea Forums claims. Maybe this board likes dumbed down, non-sensical, light material, but I, for one, don't, and I'm tired of having to have Shrek/Disney-lite live action romps with characters who have displayed real adult emotions.

>Miller/Morrison draft

This requires too much background info. It's not like the origin of Batman, where everyone knows what happened because of how many times it been retold. The Miller version has too many insider info that only fans would know and understand without needing to explain.

This.

Really, just combine the two, have a reveal in the sequel or a post-credits scene that Jay Garrick is actually from Earth-2 and has been trying to get back to his universe for a few months but stuck around because of warnings he was given from some future speedster or something. Basically, slowly introduce us to the Multiverse instead of just throwing us in there. Although that could work too but only if it were done well or else the audience would be turned off by it.

Adaptations change things, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. Plus they kept some of his background intact, with his father murdering his mother and then killing himself.

Also, his suit was fucking sick. Better than the Thawne retread from the comics. I also liked his new motivation. Would've been nice if they actually explored it throughout the season instead of introducing it in the last final episodes.

Attached: Zoom.jpg (600x759, 139K)

>Requires too much background info.
"No".

They should just do Rogues with the first script as the first movie then Morrison/Miller for the sequel with Thawne as the main villain.

Everything on CW is trash

>Not going batshit insane with the first script for maximum "IT WAS ME BARRY!" posting.
>Not introducing the Rogues as the post-credits for the eventual sequel.
You're a man with no vision.

>lower-stakes movie
what part of super hero sounds low stake to you?

>They better have Grant in
RUN
BARRY
RUN
I prefer Grant

>3rd most popular TV show
source? no way the CW has that much pull

Rogues vs Barry for the first movie then Rogues and Thawne vs Barry and the Renegades

They both sound awful but no one cares about the production anyway

For fuck's sake they hired a man whose deformity prevents him from running and cast him as the fucking flash

>IT WAS ME BARRY

Attached: yrrab,emsawti.jpg (1911x1110, 283K)

>they hired a man whose deformity prevents him from running
Did they cast Thawn 27 years ago?

Ezra has fucked up leg bones that alter his gait, it's why he has that weird retarded run in justice league where he's kicking his legs out to the side

But that's wrong. Flash runs weird in JL due to him having to run on a trampoline/treadmill device. Ezra even stated this himself.

He’s just shitposting, it’s le epic meme that he doesn’t know how to run and wasn’t specifically instructed to run that way

Unlike Aquabro and Shazam, I hate this Flash so unless this gets high marks across the board, I'm gonna pass

Is there one where he isn't socially retarded?

I really hope they keep Ezra, he’s got the right energy for Flash

This

For Christ’s sake I can believe this because it’s he sad pick they would go for

Just fuckign push the boundaries a little it’s the goddamn flash

see but that's just a reflection of a return to old studio tactics of having in house actors. they can always just get a new prettyboy snce fantastic beasts underperform and so do dceu movies, which are meant to be ezra's tentpoles. moreover i feel like he would find greater success (not monetary, however) doing very good, smaller movies

yea but theyre both autistic savants. morrison is just a drug addled wizard with a very bright talent that is unfortunately restricted to a particular medium, as much as a love the guy

And Ezra Miller is fucking insane, he probably put some voodoo magic spell on Warner Brothers to get them to compromise

cats and trees man, its not always the end of the world

Maybe as a Bart analog but as a Barry he sucks balls

Shazam was a lower stakes movie

That’s where the guy’s career got started
I remember when he was cast in 2014 and I was shocked they went with such an indie actor

i know, and i think if he had kept doing that, broken into directing, done some avant garde stuff, they guy couldve gone down as some bohemian film guru, but, he signed a deal with the devil for a lot of money and the movies were shit

I’d do anything to get a Morrison script made

Just based on the summary you give of the draft, the first one is definitely more tight. Feels more like a first solo movie. The second draft while ambitious, feels too much like a sequel. If they can, make the first draft first but to also set up the second draft for the sequel.

Neither script fixes the main issue with DCCU Flash: Ezra Miller is a terrible flash who can't even fucking run.

Its gonna get meta in a few pages and many people wont get what the hell is going on

See:

The only thing dark about the second pitch (assuming is not talking out of his ass) is that people are being killed.

This is precisely correct; the only think that makes the second story line dark is that death is part of the elevator pitch (again, assuming these are correct and not selected by OP or wherever OP pulled this out of)

People had no issues with the infinity stones being thrown in (as far as the gauntlet and everything else) in one movie, or with Wakanda in another, as two movies that made a lot of money. Spiderverse did a very complicated plot (which tv shows and even fucking tv cartoons have been exploring since the 1990s), admittedly these last examples aren't summer tent poles, but Flash only needs to make Antman money at minimum, unless the second script is going to cost more than the first (which feels cast intensive).

Probably - OP sounds like an ass here; I've worked in Hollywood on business projects and read emails all the time. People who read scripts for a living don't discuss them in terms of 'first movie' nor is 'tighter' the verbiage they would use, either. Likewise, Producers don't use these terms.

Doubt me? Run a search on the Sony email dump.

>Can the please let Johns handle this one too?
Don't credit Shit Lord for anything, as he had little to do with Aquaman's success - it wasn't the bones of the story that made $1B+ but the performances, effects, designs, etc.
>He wanted the basis of the story

Cereal Lord wanted to get paid, that's all. Just as he wanted to get paid for Curse of Shazam and his stupid Aquaman plot AND he wants his fucking canon to become THE canon that normies know, to stick it to DiDio and anyone else he feels has slighted him.

she's disgusting feminazi

Attached: dceu iris west 21149684_1921028688146119_2504073024282558464_n.jpg (768x768, 88K)

>not liking a bit of armpit hair
fag

SNNNIIIIIIFFFFFFFFF

Attached: giphy.gif (416x312, 430K)

>making the Rogues just a bunch of criminals and not supervillains outright is a bad choice too

Not really. Introducing five distinct supervillains with different powers straight away is borderline impossible. Setting up their interpersonal relationships and their dynamics with the Flash as supporting characters ahead of their own headline movie is a pretty smart move.

Attached: The Rogues.jpg (725x461, 448K)

>I've worked in Hollywood on business projects and read emails all the time.

Sure you did.

Why does he have such luscious lips in this poster?

you know why

neither of these is interesting enough to be rehashed AGAIN.
The fucking TV show has driven all this shit into the ground.

The second one is absolutely the wrong way to introduce Flash to the general audience. It could be a good end of a trilogy, or maybe even a sequel but as the first movie it would be fucking awful and more proof than Morrison doesn't know what he's doing when he's not writing comics.

>Zolomon
>taking another Wally story

Yes, lots of people die in it. Besides, it's very light on humor and romance, which are both audience-friendly elements the other draft has in spades.

Sadly they never truly existed.

>goldstein
Jewish name ever seen

Meanwhile in ACTUAL DC movie news

Of course that's where it's from

Attached: Screenshot_20190329-174859_Chrome.jpg (1079x1285, 612K)

I agree with Warner

I doubt it since he's still in another WB franchise. That would be awkward

based Boomer. best part of SS

Him fucking off right before the climax was pretty much the only think I liked about the movie. Of course, they spoiled it by having him return for no reason just a minute later.

Please. He was the best part of the film. I'm more used to him being on the squad than a Flash rogue now

When are we going to get any sort of official WB report about this? Thus far, EVERYTHING has been “insiders” or anecdotal.

I don't think we'll get an official report until it's done.

Until the deal is done you mean?

My IP will track to Los Angeles, not to a Poo In Loo third world cess pool like some people I could point to.

Which of these scripts features a scene where he gets fucked in the ass?

my one

no jodas, como van a poner a un literally who sobre morrison, vayanse a la mierda

Morrison can only write comics, and he's not that great at it either. Keep him the fuck away from movies.

It doesn’t matter, making a DC movie tha is “grim and serious” after years of being mocked by the media and twitter for being “grimdark” would be an unwise decision when they are trying to get away from that image.