Trollhunters

Anyone watch this? My girlfriend talked me into watching it with her and I was skeptical, but it's a surprisingly decent little Fantasy Spiderman sort of thing.

Attached: trollhunters.jpg (848x477, 42K)

It's split into distinct 13 episode arcs, and the first one is kind of boring but it picks up afterward.

It gets progressively better and better and peaks with the last episode. Never seen a show that does that before. I don't really like the alien spinoff though.

they only think I didnt liked was that Jim jobbed the last fight

We just started the second season and yeah I agree. It was slow to start but by the end of the first 26 episodes I was pretty on board.

I know there is a series of spinoffs in the works, do any of the characters actually crossover at all?

3Below, and the first season is already out, it takes time during at the same time as the last season of trollhunters, they keep the school cast.

I personaly loved it...I felt attached the the characters even the side ones.

What the fuck do you mean it peaked with the last episode? The fight was weak and the whole shitty plot behind Jim permanently turning into a troll was against the the whole point of making a human the god damned Trollhunter in the first place.

I loved it but you have to admit that it ended on such a weak note. And we never got an explanation to that "dark Jim" that we saw when he fell into that pit.

Was a great show. I dropped 3Below at the second episode but I do plan to watch it again eventually. The "YOUR EARTH KULTURE IS SO STRANGE" shtick got old in literally the first episode.

3Below was a lot of fun in the later half. Enjoyed how it overlapped with TH. Also Aja is CUTE.

It was pretty impressive at first until it hit the inevitable wall every CG-based show arrives at and begins reusing the same characters and settings over and over because they can't afford to create more. It kind of makes the most of it though

Holy shit, this. That Troll Jim stuff was some serious bullshit that completely went against the message the show had been trying to push for the last two seasons. Plus, the whole Merlin and Morgana thing just felt like a side plot. They should have left both of them to legend instead of bringing them into the main story.

I wouldn't be shocked if the troll!Jim thing was tacked on because of the voice actor switch.
Also
>more than half the second season was shitcanned because Anton Yelchin managed to run himself over

Surely they could have come up with a better explanation for a change in his voice than lol, he's a troll now . Jim was at the age where his voice was likely to be altered due to puberty anyways.

Reminds me of when TMNT 2012 changed Leonardo's voice actor and the show just handwaved it away with a line about his throat getting damaged in the previous battle. Honestly, that was a perfectly good justification. It really doesn't need to be any more complicated than that.

It's not a spinoff it's a sequel series because del Toro wanted to make his own universe
Yes they crossover in the final episodes of Trollhunters and apparently also in some 3Below episodes. Third series is Wizards, may come out this year and is the literal epic final battle for the fates of magic and of the entire galaxy (from what I remember)

I don't think you have a girlfriend. Enjoy cuddling with your sister on family Netflix night.

That's even better.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 37K)

reminder, Mary Wang is best girl

Attached: 5bFTreUEHdprJjNoUUzVYtfyyKQAgKzmhNrn-A_izyjrzF8ni11Gx1BO16Qs2ZJvI_8GKS0T2Q=m39.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

His voice changed when Strickler made him inhale magic troll rage powder, before he turned into a half-troll.

fuck off shill

sisters are fine, too.

people watch this show user, almost none but sill some

Is there anything we can talk about that won’t make us come off as a shill?