Is Sofia OP?

Is Sofia the most competent protagonist in Yea Forums history?

Attached: 04CDE933-C5A7-44C9-B395-877D8D9AD305.jpg (636x477, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5EjnrXIEjmQ
youtu.be/kGgd1GuTlqc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gonna regret this but explain your reasoning for even suggesting her as such

She's the Kamen Rider Decade of Disney.

>Went from a nobody to royalty
>Magic necklace that gave her the ability to talk to animals
>Was secretly trained by said necklace to use several forms of magic so she could overthrow a powerful sorceress’s 41 year regime in fantasy Mexico
>defeated several powerful magic creatures
>was deemed worthy and trained to be a protector by the birthplace of magic
>Learned even more magic as a result
>Prevented several attempts to over throw the kingdom
>faced a witch that gathered every 9 items that were essentially dragon ball knock offs
>defeated the greatest evil in the world

On top of that, she never cried when she couldn’t do something, and always had to figure out how to get out of her own shit.

This show started as a simple baby program and got incredibly deep and lore heavy as it went on.

It’s a surprisingly solid show around season 3 or so.

I say it starts stretching its legs in 2.

I do wish Amber had gotten a more consistent development (how many time did they erase her memory? like two?).

Its cool that she is set to be the Queen.

Amber is a weird case. She was basically the second villain behind Cedric(who had a great character arc with the show even ending with him finally holding the amulet only to give it back) in season 1, but lost the nastiness by season 2. She was somewhat consistent after season 5

I wouldn't say villain. Unintentional antagonist fits Amber better.

She rarely set to cause the trouble she did, she just gave terrible advice to Sofia because she didn't know any better.

She mellows out considerably as the seasons pass.

I like that they made her an astronomy fan.

Are you guys seriously analyzing preschool cartoon?

True, but she was definitely the example of “what not to be like” before she matured. Their final conversation was somewhat heartwarming.
The real shame is that James barely did anything throughout the entire series. Even his big “I won’t be king” moment was more of a “prove yourself” episode for Amber.
Oh yeah, and to add more to Sofia
>Made it through Groundhog’s Day in less than a month

>pedo-bait thread
>not full of pedos
user, please.

Eh, Sofia wasn’t really pedo-bait. They never put her in outfits that would get them excited.

Speak for yourself
youtu.be/5EjnrXIEjmQ

Just looks like skating to me

Are you really that suprised?

Attached: 20190312_010801.jpg (720x753, 189K)

Eh, the girls' adventurer outfits.

Also, Sofia often uses tight pants when doing sports.

And there's that time Amber spend the whole episode in a skin tight butterfly costume.

I guess. I don’t really see those as erotic, but I’m also not a pedophile.

Give it time.

I’m a tit guy

>tfw want to share busty Amber fanart but Yea Forums fucked up my entire IP range

I want to know why the fuck they ship her with Cedric.

A combination of a lot of the female viewers finding Cedric sexy, and the fact that Sofia drives all of Cedric's positive development.

I have to agree here, Sophia is for headpats only.
Dude, this show has an overwhelming soccer mom audience and if there is something I learned from working as a teacher is that most women had a crush in at least one of their teachers/tutors at some point of their lives.

As stupid as it sounds this makes it easy to like the fantasy, on top of that Cedric is a weird case of an evil character that gets healed by an obliviously nice girl that actually cheers for him to get better and thus makes Cedric change for the better, he also has some believable flaws that explain his schemes making him a villain you kinda end up rooting for.

I havn't meet a single MILF that watched this show with their younger kids and didn't thought that Cedric was cute.

He is just shippable as fuck, even with one of characters such as Sophia the worst for some reason.

The entire show was more or less centered around their dynamic. He knew what the amulet was but refused to tell her, and she had it but never gave it up. They were dependent on each other for much of the series as they grew, which is probably why it ends with him handing her the amulet back and then walking into the castle together. She is also the only person who believes in him despite being clumsy with his spells

There's a thread over at double chan's delicious.

>adventurer outfits
pics?

I always thought it was was because he fulfilled some sort of “Harry x Snape” fantasy, only with a guy and a girl

Some of the songs were of a decent quality in this show. Usually better than what you see in kids shows.

I can't put it out for dudes, but for women the concept of teacher/female student and bad boy becoming a good man thanks to a girl positive influence really let's them self insert in that fantasy.

Let's be honest, I'm a guy and even I have to admit Cedric is the best boy and deserves happiness and recognition as the greatest wizard.

Agreed, he was best character

It's not even NSFW.

Have screencaps, but I can't post images.

Attached: Sofia.the.First.S03E04.Princess.Adventure.Club.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264.CC.avi_snapshot_21.50_[2018. (1920x1080, 257K)

Yeah. Too competent, especially for a child. It was too unrealistic. I complained to the creator about this. He didn't really argue back.

As someone who ships it, it's because I'm hot for Cedric.
>lanky
>woobie
>snarky
>nice hair
And Sophia
>drives his positive character development
>shares a dynamic with him that is central to several episodes
>is mature for her age in a way that doesn't make it feel creepy
>is easy to project onto

Attached: 6F341310-DFC9-48E1-81EA-C637B204D70B.png (500x667, 389K)

They won't mind, gives them edit fodder.

>as a teacher
>women
>not girls
>women
....are you saying that students' moms are hot for you? Or that lots of your students liked you and will become women?

>hot for teacher
True. I had intense crushes on my professors in university and I wasn't even in to older men. Although I feel liking teachers is not just a women thing. Teachers and students have intimate relationships. Assuming things go well, you're on friendly terms, you share inimacy with them in the form of showing them your academic mistakes and development, but there's also a taboo element because of the differences in age and status. See any teenaged boy that simultaneously calls his teacher "mom" but also thinks about railing her.

Not teacher!user, but as a woman who's hot for Cedric, Severus Snape was my first adolescent husbando and basically set the standard for all husbandos to come.

plus men that say no are hot

Attached: 1527F2BB-E256-4CA9-9D82-4B44902EB932.png (600x800, 461K)

The school swap episode was great IMO. She lives in a world of magic but fucking science blew her mind.

>are you saying that students' moms are hot for you? Or that lots of your students liked you and will become women?

First nice trips, let me clarify.
I have heard from actual moms that they had crushes on their teachers back in the day.
>True. I had intense crushes on my professors in university and I wasn't even in to older men.

As you said this is ridiculously common, most women crushed on their teachers at least once and apparently I'm not immune to it as some moms have insinuated that their kids go beyond me being their favorite teacher and after that it is really hard not to see how hard some girls try to be the teacher's favorite.

The element of taboo might be lost on me as a dude, but I do my best not to encourage it and just let it pass as most girls will eventually get over it with time as it is with most crushes.
I have heard some weird theories about this being a thing related to power dynamics in developing gender identity but I think that's just bollocks some people say to justify the fantasy or see it as a power struggle dynamic.

Anyways most shippers do find this pairing relatable and my experience with the target audience, little girls and their moms do seem to point at it being really easy to self insert at on top of Cedric being a total cinnamon roll.

>preschool cartoon character is great because it's a preschool cartoon
well DUH
>never cried
eh that's kinda cool, but that only makes her sound unflawed and bland

She has flaws, some plots start because she screws up and has to learn a lesson from it.

The point is that for the most part she actually does learn the lesson and keeps it in continuity wich is really rare for a cartoon like this.

>Amber is hovering

>that only makes her sound unflawed and bland
Exactly. Sofia had the personality of a sack of potatoes.

What pissed me off the most was the princess test episode. Sofia helps out the librarian & turns out that was an automatic pass. Everyone got a silver star but Sofia got a good trophy for... Acing a test? WTF?

Any of Sofia's flaws were either poorly-written (jealousy) or not really flaws at all. Doesn't she want something beyond being good to her friends? Where was her drive?

I guess her flaws were used to Kickstart plot arguments.

Other than being nice or trying to keep up with the other Royals at first despite coming from humble origins there wasn't much drive to her.

She was a static character for the most part however the fun was in her interactions and how she changed others for the better.

She is basically princess Goku from Dragon Ball when I stop and think about it.

Man, I never get tired of all of the outfits the girls wear.

ive never watched this show but i like whoever the ambiguously gay purple dude is

Yeah. It’s fascinating to see unfold

Kind of a hot pic, too bad she’s like 7 and that ruins everything about it. If she was like 16 I would be ok with it.
Did you ship them?

I think there are aged up versions of her trying to get Cedric to notice her, kinda cute.

Attached: Sofia.the.First.S02E26.Buttercup.Amber.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264.CC.mkv_snapshot_03.10_[2018.05.18_09 (1920x1080, 184K)

>It's an Amber being a bitch episode

The sky is blue

share??? I would be all in for a aged up Sofia

I think most of her flaws were just not there, the writers steered around anything that she'd blow up at. Because she was a princess everything was given to her, and the stuff she did have to work at she didn't mess up due to the vast supply of friends. Real children would screw up buying a birthday card. Sofia would have earned the money through hard work somehow, then 6 people would show up to make sure she got the right card. Including a talking rabbit.
Sofia's real test is not turning into Amber.

Jeez. I think it would have been so much better to portray a princess as a real little girl who laughs, cries, scrapes her knee, & splashes in mud. Sofia should have been a kid first thrusted into royalty.

Man, Amber's wardrobe is infinite.

It's funny that despite her being a big peacock and having a dress for basically every ocation, her day to day dress is actually more subdued than Sofia's.

Moms telling you they liked teachers seems inappropriate. I'd feel weird if a man I barely knew said he liked nurses.

>moms saying their kids have crushes on you
Snitches get stitches.

Ever suspect a boy liked you too much?

>bollocks
I agree. Girls don't want to be bent over a desk. They want a nice, smart guy to appreciate them.

>self insert
Bingo.

She's bland, but I loved the Princess Test. I think anyone who has ever had to choose between writing an exam or a big interview and helping someone would.

I think Sof's blandness makes sense. She's meant to be a role model to the creator's kids, according to an interview. It is what it is, but it definitely makes Amber, James, Cedric, etc. more interesting by comparison.

Her flaws are ephemeral. She gets arrogant over singing the national anthem, but the problem is cleared by the end.

She's meant to be a role model to the creator's kids, according to an interview.

I ship them hard.

>not turning into Amber
Interesting.

Attached: 624A2D49-4F7E-4267-9B81-FB5F489E71CF.png (400x533, 276K)

But that's terrible, unrealistic writing. Shouldn't the protagonist be someone achievable? Someone kids know is another kid like them? One that messes up & isn't perfect?

I don't know why anyone would want to hang out with Sofia. She sounds dull.

I think there's a place for relatable heroes (as well as relatable villains) but sometimes it helps to imagine a truly heroic figure. Just like how sometimes it feels nice to project ones self upon an absolute monster.

Not all fictional characters need to be people you'd have a beer with.

lemme redpill you on sofia

shes disney's attempt to do a kingdom hearts style property. without all the weird weeb autism and faggotry

> I'd feel weird if a man I barely knew said he liked nurses.

You'd be surprised about guy talk but a lot of my friends really dig nurses even though I'm mostly used to seeing them after their long shifts so perhaps I humanized the fetish thus making it less appealing.
I know another guy that likes cops and I'm a personal fan of office lady attires with high heels, I guess men are more open about how we like women to dress.

And to answer your spoiler I have to say no, contrary to popular belief gay children and teenagers are quite uncommon, I have seen some kids that behave a bit more effeminate than others but none that was openly gay.

Kids tend to be pretty open to a teacher that knows their cartoons and games or likes heavy metal and get curious about this stuff but I have never seen a teenager be open about their sexuality until late high-school or college.

I guess one gay attendant at a seminar tried to flirt with me but I just joked about being inappropriate and changed the topic, I guess gays don't find me appealing.
>They want a nice, smart guy to appreciate them.
I guess that's why they seem to fixate on me, I always encourage my students to try again and that mistakes are just another step to learning.
I'm more of an output teacher so I really encourage my students to do instead of preach first, I always hated the top to bottom approach most colleges take so I prefer to address them directly and act as encouraging as possible to all my kids and college students, not long ago I was in their position and I really hated when a teacher just talked around and then gave the assignment for grades, in my clases learning to do is the reward and my jop as a teacher is to encourage you to do and learn from your mistakes.

Some students really like me, others just joke about me being a "happy shark" for walking around the classroom never stopping with the assignments.

I just like my job.

But kids need a hero without impossibly high expectations.

Other princesses may have been holy role models. A child should not fit that billing. Superman is boring & unrealistic. You cannot be a hero without overcoming something. Sofia never really had a challenge. They could have shown a greater struggle between her birth as a peasant & her new status as a royal, but classism doesn't exist in that world apparently.

As I said before, she is Goku.

She changes people around her and that makes the world and characters fun, her morals are good and her interactions are funny hence why the audience ends up liking her.
This, I think people call them positive static characters.

Instead of having an arc they cause an arc in other characters and thus help the audience get invested in the show.

That's still pretty lousy. She's not funny or interesting. I don't see her as bringing out the best in people because it is handled so poorly. Sofia is a Mary-Sue who wins 90% of the time.

And perhaps that's the reason why people love Cedric because both characters make each other better.

I think you are seeing this from a wrong perspective, Sophia is as great as the co-star of the episode or how magical the adventure she is put in.

But Sofia doesn't change around Cedric. Cedric doesn't make an impression on her. Everything Sofia does is so predictable.

I would have enjoyed an episode where one girl at school simply doesn't like her & see how Sofia addresses that. That's another problem with the show- Sofia is never in an uncomfortable position.

That's fair criticism, I guess teaching a kid that not everyone is going to like them and accept them as they are would be a good moral.

>femanon who ships on Yea Forums
>nurse

Post discod info.

This is actually pretty accurate. And they have a goon canonical reason for the world’s colliding with her amulet. And again, the lore is extreme with this show by the end to the point that episodes won’t make sense without seeing prior episodes. Unheard of for the preschool age demographic

Sophia the first in a kingdom hearts adventure when?

Never in a mainline, but I can see her in a portable spin off

I think that just comes from it being aimed at the preschool demographic. You can’t get too complex or too realistic with how you depict societal hardships because you’re trying to educate small children on how they should act and how they can solve problems through basic reasoning.
What makes the show stand out is that, while it does have bland elements. It mostly goes above and beyond other shows in the demographic by actually giving an engaging story that rewards the audience for sticking with it. There were 9 seasons of this show, and it got more complex and mature as it went on, basically trying to keep the original audience engaged with the characters even though they would probably be reaching 11-13 years old by that point(if they started watching at 3-5). It already wins by never reaching a kid how to count or recognize shapes, and the steady plot and character growth is more than enough to keep a parent or older sibling interested in the story while a young one watches.
This is one preschool show I could actually recommend for people that didn’t involve any nostalgia(I was out of the age group when it started and only watched because I have little sisters)

Disney is stiing in a goldmine and they are doing nothing about it.

>A Disney multiverse hopping game where Sophia helps characters in their respective universes.
>Instead of combat you explore, do minigames or complete platform puzzles to help the characters.
>Helping the Disney characters awards you with a currency that unlocks a book of spell that gives you multiple tools to explore or complete challenges.
>You use the power of friendship to help bring world's together and explore more worlds.
>By the end of the game you throw a big party where every character you helped through the game shows up with unique cutscenes for them.
>This includes Starwars and Marvel with unique scenarios were Sophia Cedric and Doctor Strange talk about Magic.
>DLC includes Fox merger universes were Sophia befriends the Predator and helps the citizens of Springfield.

Disney, make this happen.

Attached: 1430815307156.gif (300x191, 1.32M)

We aren't joking, that's literally what happened.

All of that stuff really does happen.
She actually did lead to a latin American Revolution to overthrow an old white woman

youtu.be/kGgd1GuTlqc

Its a stupid kids show of course thats the whole point of making her out to be something great.

Attached: 1445220695206.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

A whole bunch of seasons through a decade with great success often called a classic is a bit more than just a kid cartoon mate.

It isn't just us Yea Forumstards that like it, literal soccer moms give it the seal of approval.

Gonna have to agree with 9 seasons and a movie, a major spin off, and an hour long finale is hardly just a stupid kids show. It’s aimed at the youngest possible audience, but it was never condescending. Honestly, this show changed my mind, and probably changed a lot of people’s minds about what a pre-K show can really be. In fact, it may have been slightly responsible for more story driven cartoons being greenlit in general since it proved that even the youngest of audiences can follow and love a show with an actual plot.
The spinoff, Elena of Avlor, begins with a 5 minute explanation of the lore that is so heavy-laid out, you would be shocked to think it’s aimed at kids who are barely learning how to talk.

Reminds me of the first season of Kemono Friends, shity 3d edutainment from Japan turns into a phenomenon that sold so many buckets the store turned into art galleries just because it was a good roadtrip story.

However where KF fizzled in production Sophia outlived many shows of its generation and aged with it's audience, I fucking love it.

Also I might recommend KF, if you can go through the first 3 episode without gorging your eyes out it is a good 3d anime.

Attached: 1553151573019.png (900x900, 518K)

Ugh, 3D anime is always a rough sit. I’ll give it a look though.
I think that’s another strong point with Sofia. It didn’t have the best 3D models out there, not even the best on television at the time, but it had a very nice and colorful cartoon art style. I like to think of it as a higher resolution GameCube game in terms of visuals. So it doesn’t look as dated and manages to hold up fairly well

Not to advertise this in a Sophia thread but KF basically got to cult phenomenon on it's history, pacing and character interactions alone.
This show broke the japanese internet whild it aired and it even brought Koreans, Japanese and Chinese together in solidarity.

I'm not one to recommend Yea Forums in Yea Forums but considering this is a topic about 3d shows aimed at young children I would really like to recommend KF for fitting that medium, it gets good.

Attached: Be well.jpg (702x1000, 97K)

Yeah, I’ll look into it

She fucks up a lot so no

Being in the preschool demographic doesn't mean it should avoid harder topics. Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was for preschoolers as well but he never strayed from talking about the harder truths. Same with Sesame Street. For a show with continuity, there was no excuse to address larger problems that kids may face. I would write a three-part episode of a storm hitting Enchancia & have the kingdom rebuild. Or maybe even something like a real falling out between Sofia & her peasant friends.

Yeah, they dropped the ball with the peasant friends. More could have been done to show how privileged she really was

I think that was just to make sure Sophia stood out more.
It took me a while to not think Amber was generic looking honestly

the guy more popular than you think

you have jp doujins of that even

Attached: twitter.com cedfia_antholo DnDrszKUYAAdb3a.jpg orig.jpg (554x777, 160K)

Goku is somehow less bland then Sophia though.
I've watched the show and Sophia is literally the definition of Mary Sue, Gary Stu or whatever you want to call it. No personality, does everything perfect. Her family is also boring af.

Cedrick is the only interesting character in the show but he's not enough to save it

Still better than 95% of what Disney junior used to air though. The 90s/00s were a bad time to be 4

Attached: 1552913319153.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

Kinda bummed there's not more James/Sofia/Amber stuff.

>It's a Sofia's feet episode

Attached: Sofia_the_First_S01E22_The_Floating_Palace_1080p_WEB-DL_AAC2_0_H_264-BS_mkv_snapshot_32_15_-2015_03_ (1600x900, 730K)

PEDO ALERT. OP IS FAGGOT. SHES EIGHTTTTTT

Your shtick's getting old, fake outrage allcaps pedo spammer.

Attached: Sofia.the.First.S01E19.Princess.Butterfly.1080p.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H.264-BS.mkv_snapshot_05.49_[2017.05.0 (1920x1080, 890K)

FUCKING PEDO

Attached: 8326891.gif (450x675, 36K)

Attached: sofia-the-first-images-023.png (317x560, 154K)

SHES LITERALLY FIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEE

I'll have you know user, Princess Amber is between the ages of nine and twelve during the series. Perfect.

Attached: amber2.jpg (744x744, 302K)

You forgot a few:
>stopped a power hungry wizard, who was her main villain, several times without even being aware of it
>stopped said power hungry wizard who had been plotting for years by making him feel guilty
>got kingdom to love unlovable power hungry wizard which made him go good

Another case of defeating the villain by giving him everything he wanted, but at a time when he couldn't do anything with it.

Hickup

>giving him everything he wanted, but at a time when he couldn't do anything with it
Not without going to jail, I guess.

Attached: 7751fa570fd45d2b2f62bd6bd9974f99.jpg (600x315, 25K)

I never ever watched Sophia The First or the Lion Guard. I'll start watching Tangled and Hotel Transylvania the tv show instead.

How does Sophia the First compare to these shows? I am especially asking this because I am watching another cartoon show which is written by the same directors and writers of Sophia The First.

Ehh it's nothing like Minnie Vs Daisy on ice skates.

Jesus what the fuck kinda teachers did you guys have? All I had were cunts or idiots and sometimes a combination of both. Absolutely no husbando or waifu tier. All my teachers were nothing but pathetic rednecks with the maturity and charm of a 9 year old idiot without any of the sensitivity and cuteness of one.

Sounds like Sophia is a good show, maybe I should give it a chance.

Can she beat the Madara pasta?

Well, both shows are aimed st an older audience than Sofia, so they can do more. Tangled has a surprisingly good story with a good cast, but it tends to drag on st times when it really shouldn’t.
Hotel Transylvania the show is kind of the reverse Tangled. Worse than the movies it spawned from and only managing to ruin the character in the process. Everything you might have liked about Mavis(besides being a waifu) is gone and she’s know an annoying teenager

I haven’t seen the third movie yet, but I did like him a lot in 1 and 2, wasn’t a fan of the show though. Even though it was meant to bridge the time gap.

True

You should. Just keep an open mind and remember that it’s intended for preschooolers and their parents.

Good ones?

Attached: _sofia_the_first__fake_dating_sim_by_cherryloart-dckc7j1.png (1024x878, 884K)

That file name

What would you want in a Sofia dating sim?

Sofia the Worst

Either Amber or Vivian.

"Bigger is better" size queen Amber.

The characters to be aged up. That’s about it

>Princess Goku

To add to this, the show ends with her being rescued by a literal spirit bomb

To torment Amber, and make it look like it's her own fault. Oops, her suggestion caused a magical singing dishes disaster. Oops, her idea of having a picnic outdoors ended up with her covered to her chin in mud. Oops, her demand for a private ballroom dance has caused friction with the diplomats who had booked it before she changed the records. etc.

So you want a James x Amber dating sim?

That's a decent description to be honest.

Who do you think the MC is? Some dude or Sofia?

She want to suck and fuck her magic teacher

OK. I may have been mislead by the dating sim idea. Let's go with MC being Sofia.

So it’s “what guy do you want to fuck You?” The game? I dunno. I don’t wanna be deep dicked by anyone

>everyone who plays this dating game will ignore the characters that are Sofia's own age to acquire Cedric dick

Does anyone even remember the characters that were her age?

I think you mean Sneed and feed

Attached: sick chuck.png (640x392, 219K)

Outside of her siblings, probably not.

Eh, keep in mind that those shows have a pedagogic responsibility to turn little girls into responsible good adults by showing them why action x is good, or how action y will lead to bad consequence and so on. That's kinda like the purpose of all stories, really.
The show just happens to be written nicely enough that even adults could enjoy it, mostly thanks to the rather well written support cast.

She won't truly be the Decade of Disney until it turns out that she is the one responsible for the events of another series 10 years after her own ended.

Attached: Tsukasa fallen on hard times since his series ended.jpg (480x480, 25K)

There are still plenty of girls for Sofia to play with.

Attached: 1531817202489.png (1024x715, 885K)

Attached: Game-of-Thrones-sofia_house1.png (1181x795, 1.4M)