Assuming you like hero Otto Octavius; do you prefer he stay as The Superior Spider-Man...

Assuming you like hero Otto Octavius; do you prefer he stay as The Superior Spider-Man, following Peter's example and striving to do better, or would you like him to go back as The Superior Doctor Octopus, thus giving him his own name and trying to make the name mean something good instead of sinister? Personally I like the latter, and the costume is better.

Attached: Otto Octavius Superior.jpg (1500x2274, 1.32M)

A anti villian is okay.

not ever villain needs to be redeemed and become an anti hero, but it is always refreshing when we get to see a more intimate perspective of a villain

There are so many heroes and antiheroes already, that it's no longer worth turning a villain into a another one, unless he's replaced by another villain of equal stature or better. Doctor Octopus hasn't been adequately replaced as a villain, so Otto has to eventually return to evil.

Well hero or villain, I want him to go back to pic related. His new Superior series isn't half bad. Personally I think it's better than Slott's shit where he was basically stealing Peter's life and shit but that's just my opinion really.

Attached: The Superior Doctor Octopus paint.jpg (1920x2477, 536K)

If he's going to stay an anti-hero I at least wish he'd go back to looking like a schlubby scientist rebuilding himself from nothing rather than looking like another Spider-Man clone. We have way too many of those.
I would prefer him trying to redeem the name Doctor Octopus and his reputation, because piggybacking off Peter's always made it seem to easy for him.

But I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just can't see either of those as Otto Octavius. I don't recognize that man as the same one that was one of my favorite comic characters and it seems to me that the fandom has little interest in seeing that guy again because he's old news and the new Otto is cool and trendy, and I guess fandom has the idea Otto was not a serious villain and that stealing Peter's life is what made him a credible villain when he's never needed that to be Spider-Man's true nemesis.
Playing the PS4 game really made me realize how much I miss Dr Octopus.
I feel like Dan Slott might as well have killed the character and replaced him with a new one

Anyway, if they are going to keep Otto as Superior Spider-Man, they might as well give us a legacy character to take over as Doc Ock.
I wouldn't mind Liv showing up in the comics

Attached: 1547180914947.jpg (800x994, 165K)

I prefer the Superior Octopus, myself. Much more unique costume and makes him stand out more, when we have too many Spidey-clones running around in-universe already.

I prefer all characters to have their own identities

Back at the end of Superior Spider-Man, my idea was to have Otto come back, but to still retain all the new values he learnt from his time as Spider-Man.

He'd become a hero, but would still be narcissistic and an asshole. But he'd also have this hero-worship of Peter, to the point of annoying Peter.

He'd be back in his old rotund body.

And he also would have become the new leader of the Fantastic Four, replacing Mr. Fantastic in a new series (keep in mind this was around the time that Marvel was doing fuck-all with F4).

How many Spider-men do we need (in the same dimension/time period/etc.)? Even Miles was one too many. Give every character their own name. Octopus is a fine name.

I would like him to sort of flop between the two by constantly trying to live up to Peter's example and constantly failing.

Just make both clones fight to the dead that will be resolved in a phone call poll

I love the Octopus! And although I'm starting to like "Elliot"'s looks, I wouldn't mind him having to try all this while still being regular-looks Otto.

Attached: RCO008.jpg (1041x1600, 583K)

They should just bring Carolyn Trainer at that point.

Honestly he should just become the new Jackal.

Attached: Superior Liv.jpg (900x1200, 631K)

I hate every single fucking thing to do with modern Otto and Slott's raging boner for him.

Attached: Superior OctoMommy.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

Oh I feel you as well, I'm torn because the current Superior book is good/solid, but my heart's with old school chunky schemer Ock. I wouldn't have minded him burying the hatchet and going back to being a sciebtis under Alchemax/whoever employ and occasionally having to team-up with Spidey should the situation call for it (Norman never sleeps). But I guess until some cosmic being slaps him into his old self so a new writer can do their spin on the character, we'll have to wait.

I love Superior Spidey but I love Super Doc Ock's costume. Tough call.

Attached: 1548262708514.png (513x490, 321K)

Anyone got more fanart of the Ock costume, or just regular Otto fanart? I don't have enough of him.

Superior Octopus was a waste of a fantastic suit. He should have used it longer. Even still, I think the thing that irks me the most about him going back to being SSM is that we now have three people in 616 actively claiming the Spider-Man name. It's kind of a mess.

I figure Tolliver will eventually get arrested for all his past crimes and get put in some kind of Thunderbolts book in the Octopus costume.

I would make Otto go back to his former self,and then finally put his ego aside and build himself up as a hero or at least a benefactor after having a long heartfelt talk with Parker. Both characters actually learning from the other.

Kinda like JJJ right now. But less goofy.

I'm planning on writing an e-mail saying how much I like the Octopus costume and wish we'd see it again. I don't think it'd make big waves but in the letter pages of the SupSpidey other people have also expressed this sentiment, so I'm hoping a steady drop pierces the stone here.

Thunderbolts Octopus trying to reconcile with Spidey and his wrongdoings would be really sweet.

That issue was fucking great. I know Otto went back to the spider gimmick because of branding but I really wish The Superior Octopus stayed
I also wouldn’t mind this happening either. If Otto is committed to being a hero/spider, he could have a rogue female clone take up the Dr Octopus mantle

In the current ASM is a (the?) Lady Ock in villain groupshots, but with a red/black/gold colour scheme. So maybe Ms. Trainer rolled out of her coma.

He's still a narcissistic asshole hero, which I enjoy

I miss the octopus tentacles, they could emote and animate a scene by interacting with things, the spider-legs are pretty boring in comparison.

The spider legs seem less versatile too. Plus old suit had ink shooters. Fucking ink shooters on his wrist! I love that

Being Doc Ock instead of another Spider-Man is okay with me.

Attached: dock_cb_ock_by_astromchang-d5u3qo5.jpg (1024x663, 116K)

I like the superior octopus costume, but I understand that Spider-Man as a name sells more. Maybe Superior Octopus could be a super villain alter-ego he uses to infiltrate criminal organizations for data.

This guy needs a tactical lab coat and a Starllord Set of goggles. That's all.these tights are too much. Have him install skull vibranium and a healing factor so he doesn't have to wear a mask.

True on all your points. Reddit gold.

No, shut up

Superior octopus costume looks good with a trench coat.

Attached: doctor-octopus-protecting-aunt-may-2__01.jpg (698x641, 232K)

I like the Nightshift and all, but I wish that Otto was working with Stunner and Lady Ock

Nah. I like seeing the whole twunktopus.

I flat out adore this getup. It looks good even with ramosart.

Too many spiders but we all know it's the name that sells and that's likely why they had him go back.

Plus viewable face and symbols shifted to look like a 3 piece suit.

>not ever villain needs to be redeemed and become an anti hero

Nine times out of ten, it doesn't stick and they go back to being bad guys. It's always refreshing to see a bad guy turn good and actually stay good.

What I find funny is amazing using the superior run in its legacy count but then superior doing that as well

Attached: Doc-Ock.jpg (960x612, 144K)

Attached: Doctor_Octopus_from_MSM_concept_art.jpg (1631x1296, 279K)

Anti Villain all the way.
Otto was always full of himself, now he thinks he is doing while master planning shit? Sounds good to me.

We already got like 3 Spidey Anti-Heroes, let’s leave the villains be.

Attached: ock.jpg (960x675, 40K)

Attached: ock2.jpg (960x668, 42K)

Attached: ock3.jpg (2048x1151, 134K)

Attached: 0e1c439d39c0fe60965fb5f1c58bb62d.png (1600x1580, 1.64M)

I really can't decide what kind of tentacle look is the best. The classic three fingers on stumb, three claws on stump, the more organic designs, the thickness of the tentacles... there's so many good design opportunities in Doc Ock.

Ock was always trenching.

Attached: ock_maryalice (2).jpg (1041x1600, 402K)

> forever under my care
Peter better phone him about her cancer soon.

I'd prefer he keeps the superior Ock look AND that he keeps being a villain.

There's already so many fit super-characters that I miss Otto being a middle-aged fat guy with a mushroom cut.

They could revamp him to strong-fat, as he was in some of his depictions. Shit, strongfat and a slightly more flattering haircut with non-obscuring glasses would already do wonders for him.

those are Thesis and antithesis

I want a new Synthesis, Hawthorne is neat he can design it.