Zod explicitly tells kal that if he destroy that ship, he would destroy kryptron

>zod explicitly tells kal that if he destroy that ship, he would destroy kryptron
>muh KRYPTON HAD ITS CHANCE
>goes and destroy it anyways, forever killing the only chance his race had to live again and somehow zod is the villain
defend this snyderfags.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x128, 343K)

You're retarded

>the krypton council had been a bunch of retards who led krypton to its inminent destruction so he had to overtrow it one way or another
>despite what it seemed like he never lost hope in saving his race
>despite kal being an abomination(in his eyes due to being a natural born) he still gave him the chance to join him
>it was earthlings or kryptonians
so how was zod exactly a villain again?

Because he was gonna kill everything on earth

I mean we're conveniently leaving out that his plan to save Krypton involved terraforming earth so that it could be habitable to Kryptonians, which involved murdering everyone on earth in the long term and murdering everyone in Metropolis in the short term. That's pretty villainous.

Not to mention the fact that he chose to destroy it in the middle of a city, taking out at least two entire buildings and bringing the fight with a super powered Zod to a populated area.

>so how was zod exactly a villain again?
he wasn't

they could just offer him mars

Because he was a supremacist who wanted to kill 7 billion humans to take all the land for his people.

Why not go to Venus or Mars.

Why would he go after a dead shithole to create life?

Except he was dumbass

"Krypton had its chance" is very, very far from being the most troubling thing about this movie.

I mean I could write an entire essay on how awful Pa Kent is in this movie, and how this poisons everything about Superman in both Man of Steel and BvS.

name on thing he did wrong

You guys act like he committed genocide when all he really did was destroy a glorified cloning machine that would crank out Kryptonians with predestined genetics/roles.

But regardless this plot is fucking shit

You'd be wrong, though.

City was already fucked by the world engine and the US military.

Yeah, this. There would be more like a Zod, protecting a dead world and just being assholes all around.

>kryptonians born programmed to realize one specific task
>trained their whole life fannatically to be even better at this task
>somehow a random scientist who never killed anyone was able to kill an entire squad and kick Zod ass easily

Snyder is such a hack lmao.

It’s true. Krypton fucked themselves over, and Earth hadn’t yet. Zod wanted to get rid of humanity for Kryptonian that already flunked the test of life

It's explained in the movie. If Zod was even remotely reasonable he could have created a peaceful co-existence with humanity. Hell, even if he wanted to rule over the human race he could have done so gradually. He was a super powered alien with advanced technology, the only reason he gets Clark in the first place is because the government is terrified of him. But because his people didn't want to adjust to breathing on earth, which apparently only takes 30 fucking minutes, he decided to wipe out every species on the planet. Fuck him.

#
> Not to mention the fact that he chose to destroy it in the middle of a city
(1) He had zero other options, forget the world engine, any individual Kryptonian can kill the entire human race by hand and there was over a dozen on them on the black zero, if Zod re aimed and shot down the military flight there would be ZERO way to stop all of them ever again.
He had to severe the ships controls IMMEDIATELY.
(2) He had no way of knowing the scout ship would bank down instantly, it might have kept going and flown into the black zero or down into the crater under the black zero.
> and bringing the fight with a super powered Zod to a populated area.
The fight is already there because the black zero was hovering over the city destroying it.
Zod brought the scout ship to Metropolis to link up with the black zero and when he arrived the military flight was heading to the Zero and he as going to shoot it down. Superman showed up to stop him from shooting down the military flight.
How in the actual fuck did Superman bring that fight there???

But those buildings were still standing. Tens of thousands of people died because he chose to take it down in the middle of a city.

Learn how to post newfag or go back to your Snyder circlejerk sub
>Fly under ship and carry it away
>Fly into ship and tell Zod that unless he leaves right now he'll destroy it
>Damage it and then fly out and steer it away
There's 3 I came up with in seconds.
>How in the actual fuck is that Superman's fault?
Because he literally brought Zod to ground in the city and then made zero efforts to move the fight out of the city. Just like how he took Zod directly into Smallville, killing dozens of people because he was angry.

He didn't wear a neck brace.

>use device to commite genocide, and you and 49 of your friends lead a barren existance on a planet that resembles Utah in it's entirety

or

>go outside for 30 minutes, wait for you eyesight to fix and live like the best gods or worst devils existance has ever encountered

He literally caused the death of his own race because he couldn't budge a fucking inch for even half an hour on his world views, despite the fact he threw those world views away when he committed treason and enacted a coup.

That, and he's supposedly a supreme soldier that got the shit kicked out of him by Krypton's biggest nerd.

Try saying that if Zod were real. You'd be supporting Superman knowing that if he lost, Zod would kill you and everyone you love.

Are you seriously saying they never evacuated once they saw the big ass spaceship much more when shit started to hit the fan?

Man of Steel is the worst Superman movie since Quest for Peace.

Man of Steel's TRAILER is the best Superman movie ever made.

>But because his people didn't want to adjust to breathing on earth, which apparently only takes 30 fucking minutes

Oh, god, I forgot about that.

Like, with Clark, they made it clear how difficult and time-consuming adjusting was. All the powers, his freakout, etc.

Then the Zod Squad has to put up with it for less than a minute and Zod's like "NEVER!"

How did Zod even do that?
He's bred to be a perfect soldier but he can attempt a coup? Who would breed the perfect soldier and have him able to rebel AND job to science nerds?
What exactly was Zod supposed to be good at?

>I mean we're conveniently leaving out that his plan to save Krypton involved terraforming earth so that it could be habitable to Kryptonians, which involved murdering everyone on earth in the long term
Snyder was enough of a cynic that he forgot to portray this as a bad thing.

Zod was supposed to be a fanatical jihadist bent on destroying the western society for culture and religious reasons.

We are talking about the guy who wanted Batman to get raped in prison.

I mean, even with Clark Zod's plan goes right out the window because he has direct evidence standing right in front of him that adapting to Earth's atmosphere was possible for Kryptonians.

It was portrayed as a bad thing, though.

I know, right? It's almost as if Snyder doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Conquistadors and pilgrims then?

He doesn't want kryptonians to adjust. He wants Krypton back as it was. That means the same environment, culture, society.

>it's okay to kill an entire planet to bring back a dead planet

Clark = natural birth
Zod and co = designer babies

>Snyder was enough of a cynic that he forgot to portray this as a bad thing.
I mean I hated the movie but he did depict the wholesale destruction of Metropolis as a very bad thing. I remember because that entire final sequence gave me a headache.

You guys forgetting that Jor-El had been going against his programming hard for years and was prepared to do anything to defend himself and his family? That him making Kal the old way was already considered a sin of the highest magnitude? That Zod didn't wanted to kill fight his friend?

I don't think Venus is hospitable.

Let's be fair, he was going to run into Diana eventually anyway.

Did you watch the movie? Do you not remember all the scenes we got of people running while the destruction was happening around them? Or how about the people Zod was going to kill at the end? What about the beginning of BvS where we saw the fight from Bruce's pov and the city and buildings were still filled with people even at the end of their fight. The city was still filled with people.
>having to explain the movie to a Snyderfag
Now I've seen everything.

Because he's literally got a machine that can terraform planets and change them to be habitable for Kryptonian life.

>"Krypton had its chance" is very, very far from being the most troubling thing about this movie.

This.

I disliked the movie, but even I understand why Superman would want to prevent somebody from, you know, killing his entire adopted planet just so a planet too stupid to prevent its own extinction could live again.

Jor CGI ghost told Superman that it had to be built on a foundation, though.

Explain the empty floor when zod first used heat vision.

It just makes the whole caste system thing pointless. Nobody actually lives up to it, so Kal being exempt from it isn't the special thing the movie insists it is.

Earlier in the movie, we see Zod and his pals visit barren planets that were only dead because the terraformers weren't in operation anymore. If these planets would be habitable by Kryptonians if the terraformers were being used, why couldn't other barren planets, like Mars or Venus, also be terraformed?

>one floor of a building was empty so that means the entire city was evacuated
Did you not read what I wrote? We literally fucking saw that the city was still filled with people.

Jor was an outlier, though. He really, REALLY wanted to cum inside his wife and was ready to do ANYTHING for it.

MoS has a weird thing where it's pretty much screaming to the audience HAVE SEX! HAVE SEX! HEAVE SEX!

Humanity in the Snyderverse is defined by its negative qualities, stupidity chief among them.
People reacted far more realistically to a first contact scenario in Independence Day than they did Man of Steel, a movie its fans praise for its supposed realism.

It's because they tried to rip off the thing where Byrne had a sterile Krypton without understanding that it was done to juxtapose the warm and loving Earth.
Instead Snyder said "awesome space dragons and dildo ships! and Earth is the cold and sterile grey dust bowl, effectively reversing the two.

I mean by the end Zod had already started the machine and it was already in the process of leveling Metropolis. Negotiation was kinda off the table at that stage.

No, it's because they forced the idea that sex is literally what keeps a society healthy. Same with Superman and Lois thing, where they desire to fuck each other is what keeps always saving them from a jam because they always run to each other in key moments to help one another. Superman only managed to save the day because he really wanted to plow Lois. Same for Lois.

this, i live in there fuck Zod and fuck krypton people that are not superman.

perhaps Krypton's society was flawed and died for a reason

Clark kinda curbstomped Diana, Zod would've been just fine against her.

Chadzam woulda dealt with Zod better

I'm surprised no one has posted the true hero of the movie.

Was that ever laid out in the movie or are we just supposed to assume it?

Which is what makes him not just a villain, but an incredibly stupid villain.

Attached: Man-of-Steel-Christopher-Meloni.jpg (2636x1996, 717K)

>Which is what makes him not just a villain, but an incredibly stupid villain.
Not really. Zod was a jihadist. Do you think the 9/11 imagery is there for nothing? MoS is pretty much the story of an integrated muslim and a bunch of fanatical muslim fucks giving him a bad rep.

Has anyone made a virgin Snyder supes vs Chadzam yet?

Attached: f36.png (2518x1024, 231K)

Wait are you seriously a Snyderfag who didn't watch the movie? Like really? Or are you just showing the delusion that most Snyderfags have to the point of actually forgetting the movie?

kek

>Fly under ship and carry it away
Doesn't stop Zod from shooting at the military flight which is the main urgent apocalyptic concern.
>Fly into ship and tell Zod that unless he leaves right now he'll destroy it
Zod could just tackle Superman through the front Window, Superman couldn't take any chances he had to take the black zero out forever.
>Damage it and then fly out and steer it away
It banked down towards the city too fast & abruptly. You think he is floating inside the crashing ship twiddling his thumbs and actively choose not to do what you suggested?
> Because he literally brought Zod to ground in the city
Because again there was zero other choice. Watch the scene again, he crashes into the scout ship seconds before Zod pulled the trigger and it's the only thing that made Zod miss. If he spent so much as a minute more planning things out like you want, the entire human race would be dead.
> and then made zero efforts to move the fight out of the city
When he let loose in the sky he punched Zod to the edge of down town and nearly away from the main grouping of skyscrapers, there was still civilization beyond that point but he did actively try & get Zod away from the big buildings. Zod swerved back in and hid among them which isn't his fault.
> Just like how he took Zod directly into Smallville, killing dozens of people because he was angry.
And desperate & scared to save his mom AND he quickly tried to rectify his mistake by grabbed Faora's shoulder and dragging her out of town but Non tackled them.
Stop asking for Superman to be a flawless Mary Sue, he is allowed to make fucking mistakes. How many people has Venom & his children killed because Peter left the symbiote in the church after using the bells to remove it?

but Kal killed the opportunity of a new Krypton, he's a fucking Nazi because he had the key to his race and condemned them, acting like a God, choosing humans, Kal was able to embark with Zod on a space adventure looking for another planet in all THE FUCKING UNIVERSE, but he chose to have a fight and kill Zod, to keep his shitty "human" life, Sups is a total son of a bitch, fucking piece of shit

I didn't like this either. I feel TRUE Superman would have saved the codex. Golden Age Superman was always talking about preserving and saving ANYTHING he could get his hands on from his home world.

Modern media projects too much leftism onto every story, so every single person who wants to save their race or group or whatever is labeled Hitler and must be wrong.

Way to prove correct, OP

>Doesn't stop Zod from shooting at the military flight
Yes it does, the second he starts carrying it will be going in a different direction. Especially if instead of crashing inside of it he just slams into the outside to bump it off course first.
>Zod could just tackle Superman through the front Window
The ship is the most important thing in the universe to Zod, it's literally programmed into his DNA, he wouldn't do anything to put it at risk.
>You think he is floating inside the crashing ship twiddling his thumbs
Yes, because this Superman is a reckless idiot. He has super speed, super strength and super senses. It makes zero sense that he didn't have time to fly out and move the ship.
>Because again there was zero other choice.
I've pointed out several that I came up with in seconds.
>he crashes into the scout ship seconds before Zod pulled the trigger
He doesn't need a minute more or even a few seconds more, just hit the ship differently.
>he punched Zod to the edge of down town
Oh fuck off with your shitty headcanon. A single freeze frame with some buildings highlighted doesn't mean he was actively trying to move the fight. Absolutely nothing in his demeanor, the way he acted or his dialogue suggests that he was trying to move the fight or that he was concerned about civilians or the damage that was being done.
>And desperate & scared to save his mom
Oh well that's ok then. Who hasn't made a little mistake that got people killed when a loved one was in danger? Especially someone that's supposed to be a hero and have fucking super powers.

>Stop asking for Superman to be a flawless Mary Sue
Stop strawmanning. Where the fuck did I say that? Not doing what Snyder did doesn't mean I want a flawless Mary Sue instead.
>he is allowed to make fucking mistakes.
Never said he wasn't. But he's not allowed to get thousands of people killed because of his anger, recklessness and carelessness.
>b-b-but Vebom
I don't give a shit. Peter and Venom aren't Superman.

You're a fascist. You know, like Batman.

>it was earthlings or kryptonians
Why didn't Zod just terraform Mars?

the genetic chamber was already on earth and to we were nothing but bugs to zod anyways, he had no reason to care.

>If Zod is lying, I'll give myself up and he'll destroy mankind, but there's a small chance he won't.
>If I don't give myself up it's 100% certain he'll destroy mankind
>I guess I better not give myself up then.
>Why? That doesn't make any sense.
>Maybe humans aren't to be trusted?
>That makes even less sense
>Oh, well.
This is the level of logic MoS Superman works on. It only gets worse in BvS.

Maybe the part where he was going to commit global genocide because muh Krypton heritage?

Zack, Zack, Zack... give it a rest. No one cares about your shitty canon.

Just go somewhere and cry yourself to sleep, you'll feel better.

If having one Kryptonian is such a danger for Earth, what do you think would happen if you had thousands of them? Might makes right is a pretty universal rule and Krypton was clearly subscribing to it too. If you revived any significant number of them, Earth would get subjugated within days.

Do you own or All Star Superman or know a place online to reread it.
If so reread the issue with the kryptonians.

People of Krypton were very egotistical and would have imposed themselves to take over the planet rather than live along side a race of underdeveloped monkeys.

Attached: Bar-El_Lilo_All-Star_Superman_001.jpg (400x600, 62K)

I think you may need to reread it yourself. Be sure to pay particular attention to the ending where because of Superman's actions the Kryptonians see the error of their ways and become better people. No neck snapping or mass destruction needed.

But doesn't Kal have the birth matrix inside him or some shit?

That doesn't mean they didn't intend to take over Earth.
It took them literally dying of kryptonite dust to humble them enough to go "wow he's willing to help us even after we broke the moon in half and tried to kill him, maybe he is a good kryptonian".
Also mass destruction still happened (broke the moon, stole thousand's of Earth's bridges, Jimmy Olsen in kryptonian underwear, etc).

Yeah that's why zod came to earth too aside of wanting to kill him for being an abomination

It's very obvious that nature did not favor krypton, brining them back is just asking for them to die out again.

Because it's full of scary Martians

>Kal was able to embark with Zod on a space adventure looking for another planet in all THE FUCKING UNIVERSE, but he chose to have a fight and kill Zod
????????????

Maybe the terraforming had requirements like a inhabitable environment to morph.
Maybe they didn't want to lose how much stronger they are on Earth (considering Mars being further away would make less yellow sunlight and a weaker Zod).