Honest question, have comics gone too far in political statements? Ms...

Honest question, have comics gone too far in political statements? Ms. Marvel has endorsed terrorists like Anti-Fa before.

Attached: 92cd78b8734ba9b2a1aebbaedac0cf6c.jpg (900x1206, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theoutline.com/post/929/who-watches-the-men-1
thehill.com/policy/national-security/350524-antifa-activists-say-violence-is-necessary
census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel
cato.org/publications/commentary/which-ideology-has-inspired-most-murders-terrorist-attacks-us-soil
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that art looks like fucking shit. who approves this crap to be printed?

when writers and executives make no secrets about having alternate agendas and not being focused on making entertainment:
yes

Attached: Sana-Amanat-1.png (750x400, 457K)

this lady

You do know this this is fan-art and not an officially endorsed cover, right?

It's pretty obvious this is fan art and pretty old fanart at that.

Why is she punching her own allies?

I mean it literally says it on the picture. They even gave it a white backdrop to make it more obvious.

She’s a tsundere

Are you saying that is dumber than OP?

>who approves this crap to be printed?
Erica Henderson has an Eisner Award for this

Attached: erica-henderson-art-cover-1092676-1280x0.jpg (1280x722, 90K)

I miss the days when she used to look like an actual human instead of some sort of quasimodo begat by incest.

Attached: squirrelgirl442.jpg (413x480, 62K)

Antifa aren't terrorist. That's a made up conservative Boogeyman talking point. The vast majority of terrorism in the United States is committed by *gasp* conservative white males.

what a fibber you are

>have comics gone too far in political statements?
>that image
You utter moron. What do you think was going on in the cover that image is referencing? Captain America #1 was released nearly half a year before Pearl Harbor and the USA getting involved in the war. At the time it was a controversial cover, because a lot of Americans didn't want America to get involved in the war. You complete dunce.

Attached: clean.jpg (1844x2800, 754K)

Checked

The Fawcett Comics villain Captain Nazi was promoted for months prior to his first appearance in the December issue of Master Comics in 1941. By this point Captain Marvel had already been dealing with plenty of German spies. Comics have always been political, even superhero comics for children. They've also been willing to say we need to stamp out the Nazi menace prior to it becoming the policy of the US government.

Attached: captainNaziMasterComicsad.jpg (975x1382, 231K)

It's fucking fanart, user. You desperately wanted it to be real though, right? More rage for the masses.

> people calling in giving Simon and Kirby death threats
> Jack takes the phone once
> " Oh yeah, well I'll be waiting in the lobby. Come show up!"

Comics have always been anti-fascist.

We're all gonna be brown one day!

he has a point. white nationalists are slowly overtaking mideast terrorists when it comes to attacks on first world countries

Wasn't Golden Age Superman doing shit like fighting corrupt bankers and landlords?

Nice use of quints.

Yeah but we'll still find reasons to hate each other. Sneetches and stars man

I bet in your total ignorance you think the height of Wonder Woman's feminism was some movie theater chain not letting men see every showing of the Gal Gadot movie. You fail to accept that she was created by a man who believed in a kind of feminism and thought women should run the world.

Attached: bf21158c5c6f23414d99c42949f6674f.jpg (246x327, 29K)

Well I'm not terrified.

It sounds so creepy when you hear brown people say it though. It's like they're parasites.

If Wonder Woman's idealogy was American idealogy, every single "incel" wouldn't be incel anymore.

>get that politics out of my comics!
It's been in there longer than you have been alive.

Attached: WonderWoman.jpg (470x460, 70K)

They said everyone in the US would be brown or mixed by 2020. That's just one year away, and we're nowhere close to that. Maybe just maybe it was complete bullshit.

It's not like that wasn't the topic on the streets for months prior to Pearl Harbor happening.
Europe had been overrun, Japan was years into the conquest of China and now threatening French, British and Dutch holdings in the Pacific.
The US would have to make a call at that time, so it's no wonder that everybody had an opinion to share on the matter.

It is not the same degree of politics to fight foreigners and to fight your own people and leaders. Messages about internal politcs were always more careful among the best selling books.

I don't see her punching elected American officials.

Yep, something that has never happened to a sitting president in a superhero comic, certainly not in storyline that had been in the works for months, and definitely not involving the hero whose #1 is being referenced in OP's image. There has never been another president whose administration was rife with scandel that got punched by a superhero.

Attached: capnomad10.jpg (528x762, 141K)

>It is not the same degree of politics to fight foreigners and to fight your own people and leaders
The left went full retard post 2016. Reagan, which was more retarded, wasn't treated that bad, neither Bush Jr, I really think as foreigner, that the left could lose again next year bacause that, and to my country would be better a Democrat in charge.

not all girls though, much to her dismay

Reagan, Bush and Nixon were an unholy trinity of presidents in popular culture before the current administration, what are you talking about?

>what are you talking about?
I'm talking about the polarization of the US politics and the rise of the radical activism in both sides, which is insane in a non war period, it could be understandable in the 60s with the Vietnam War or in the 50 with the civil rights movement, ofc you always can find politics in music, fanzines, some writers and things like that, but in entertainment for kids is shocking

Comics aren't for kids, they're for forty year olds.

>non war period
We've been in an endless war whose goals are impossible to meet since 2001. The current administration has ramped up our drone program from the last one, which itself went so overboard that even a Marvel movie had to talk about how bad it was.

Attached: captain_america_helicarrier.jpg (1080x400, 83K)

>have comics gone too far in political statements?
Yes. Luckily based marvel fired Syaf and censored it once they were made aware of the agenda pushing he was doing.

Attached: XMen-Gold-Ardian-Syaf-720x553[1].jpg (720x553, 322K)

This, everyone who pulls the "muh wartime was different!" shit is just a faggot who is too cowardly to accept they don't have an argument to discourage politics in comic.

It's not even that they want politics out of comics, they just hate politics they don't approve of being in comics. If it was some absurd rightwing message, a lot of these anons complaining would be beating their dicks to it.

Attached: Cap 350.jpg (550x835, 108K)

>If it was some absurd rightwing message, a lot of these anons complaining would be beating their dicks to it.
They actually shitted on Alt-Hero.

Still can't believe a guy could hate the Jews enough to ruin his career the moment he gets an X-Men gig. What a fucking retard.

Fuck yes. They're propaganda if they do, not art. One can have politics in one's art and story but if you're directly drawing your fictional characters opposing non-fictional political figures and factions, it's de-facto propaganda. (I'd say with few exceptions for things like time travel or alternate dimensions or something).

This too. It takes away from the mission of making good entertainment and stories, thus making shitty stories only those in 100% agreement with the propoganda want.

Uhhhh that's us fighting our actual declared enemies though. That's not Democrat vs Republican shit. That's not just putting everyone you personally despise as a villain. AND that's out in the open, it's not a hidden Agenda.

Most of them probably never read it. It was sorta on the outside of the whole casualgate thing, since it wasn't made by a youtuber. General anons wanted it to be much worse, but it was so boring I think people stopped even pretending it read it after a few issues.

It did call London "Londanistan" I think. That was cute.

user, people think "people of color" just mean black not realizing it's every fucking minority. Most of which don't like each other. I hate that term as a hispanic.

>Brown or mixed by 2020

Attached: pnp290736.jpg (600x414, 73K)

>One can have politics in one's art and story but if you're directly drawing your fictional characters opposing non-fictional political figures and factions, it's de-facto propaganda.
This is an amazing amount of doublethink going on. It's possible... but if you mention anything real it's propaganda? Hitler has fought various teams of comic characters, so those are default propaganda?

Oh, wait, you go extra doublethink later with "muh dems and reps!", as if something inside or outside of one country makes the difference. So what am I posting now? Art or propaganda?

Attached: Garth Ennis on America and culture.jpg (490x762, 75K)

My point is that people will call it what it is. Politics is just one reason as to why things can be shit. It doesn't automatically makes it so, but it definitely can.

The question is not if there was or wasn't politics in comics, but if in those specific comics it made them bad or worst. In most Marvel comics, it just turns to shit, and it reflected on sales. Same for alt-hero. Which begs the question, what is the Right way to do politics in comics?

Be a comic that has politics and not a political manifesto that uses pictures to tell it.

Can we talk about how Cap would totally be dead after this? I mean he's got three people who are clearly shooting him in the spine, and it doesn't look like they're missing.

>Which begs the question, what is the Right way to do politics in comics?
Just fucking do it. If you're a writer and you're passionate about trying to teach a lesson, FUCKING TEACH IT. You either completely fail, or you get ONE READER to be a little better. I'd rather see someone stumble trying to do the right thing than smile and never try to say anything of worth.

It's not a coincidence that most people working in a business overwhelmingly about self-sacrificing do-gooders are mostly very liberal. People who don't like that need to just read comics directed at them, and there are smaller books like that.

Attached: green-lantern-green-arrow-black-skins.png (569x552, 582K)

Resistance spies sabotaged the bullet manufacturing beforehand.

Attached: acts of vengence.jpg (893x717, 198K)

>your own people

She's not fighting her own people though lol.

>(I'd say with few exceptions for things like time travel or alternate dimensions or something).
How the fuck do these exceptions suddenly change everything

You do realize you're trying to sell comics, right? it's why they hire you in the first place. They don't sign a contract with you and go, "hey, if one guy likes you, that's all that matters!". In the end, with or without politics, if it's shit, people will call it what it is.

Also, the same politics could get readers to be a little bit worst. Your politics aren't objectively true or right.

Well first you should have an understanding of the issue and the various arguments regarding said issue. Mindlessly regurgitating whatever correct opinion was on late night comedy last night won't cut it. Do some research.
Write the characters like real people, not strawmen to cut down for the sake of enforcing on your reader the correct opinion. I remember one person saying the best type of villain for this type is a protagonist of a different story.
I guess the story can directly explore the issue or all of the above is just subtext and the events in the story are unrelated. Or make it allegory or whatever.
Overall, most political issues are complicated. You can put forth multiple conflicting arguments and none of them are wrong. But most importantly, let the audience make up their own mind on this. They're not idiots.

Attached: batman and superman feud.jpg (1024x1016, 362K)

All the current "Woke" political comics are just the modern-day version of all those well-meaning but stupid social relevancy stories DC tried to do in the Bronze Age, like adding random black "supporting" characters who never did anything, making Lois Lane black for 24 hours, Green Arrow freak out about Speedy using drugs and having black people ask Hal Jordan why he never helped them out. Sure some of those may have been revolutionary, but they read as cringe now.

The only difference is, it took those stories years to become dated and laughable (and I'm sure there were plenty who found them laughable back then, Priest and DeMatteis parodied scenes from those comics as far back as the early 80s) but today's comics are ALREADY dated and laughable, and thanks to the internet, opinions can be more widely heard.

The funniest part is, all the people defending Nu-Marvel and saying things like "Comics have always been political!!1!" were the exact same people who, not even five years ago, were having cringe threads on Scans_Daily and other such sites about how shitty and unintentionally offensive those old 'relevant' comics were, throwing fits about The First Avenger for being set in WWII, and making "Superman is an asshole" threads talking about his terrorist-like behavior in his earliest stories. It seems even people who know history repeat it, either that or they're too stupid to consider how these stories will age.

I doubt all the people praising Nu-Marvel and all the political stories coming out now are going to still love them in a few years. America Chavez, Whor and all the rest are going to be remembered about as well as Hodiah Twist and The Torpedo are now.

>You do realize you're trying to sell comics, right?
Political comics have proven to sell before, so don't be a fucking retard.

Maybe, they can make people worse, but most any story can be seen to have a political message, intended or not. If people didn't make mistakes, we wouldn't have Snowflame, the avatar of COCAAAAAAAAINE!

Attached: snowflame.jpg (363x513, 59K)

Why do comic book people think that american comics ever looked good

Or maybe those comics weren't aimed at you?

And hardcore liberals were calling this cover cringy, dated and embarrassing and throwing autistic shit fits even on here about it being referenced in The First Avenger, even as a parody. The fact that it WAS parodied in TFA shows about how 'respected' that cover was. Hell, libshits on The Comics Journal and Hooded Utilitarian hated that movie for even being set in WWII and called it offensive.

Not even five years from now, I guarantee you, all the current "Comics have always been political and great works of art that tackled real issues!!!11!" people and normie magazines who say that will go back to shitting on comics as irrelevant, escapist drivel for retards. Hell, even reviews of stuff like Maus and Ghost World used to be treated with a condescending, supercilious tone ("Biff! Bam! Pow! Comicx aren't fur kidz anymoar!!1!" "Real life Superhero Chris Ware shows us his art-cave") by the same people who now make Mockingbird required reading in gender studies courses and vote Into The Spider-Verse film of the year.

Remember when they had to change the design of her nigger friend because regardless if you were SJW trash or not, nobody could tell it was supposed to be a woman?

>Political comics have proven to sell before
A lot more evidence to the contrary. If they are good comics, they will sell regardless of politics being in there. But according to you, being good is secondary. What matters is changing your reader's opinion. Comics that tried to do that have a history of being shit.

>race, color, or religion
>not culture
>this Wonder Woman would laugh at the term "white privilege".

>A wise man once said:

"You can make your superhero a Muslim transwoman who punches Nazis, you can copypaste CNN headlines about how bad Orange Man is, and you can call it "Socially Progressive", but comic books are still incredibly stupid."

Attached: 1510686191741.jpg (1920x1200, 549K)

Attached: everyoneidontlikeishitler.jpg (680x823, 133K)

>libshits on The Comics Journal and Hooded Utilitarian
What the fuck are those? Even the comic news sites I know the name of are pretty useless, did you really dig up some obscure blogs by spergs just to get offended by their insanity?

Or are you just trolling with your random stab at Spider-verse at the end? It's hard to know who is pretending to be retarded anymore.

Attached: green_lantern_v2_85.jpg (1200x1768, 570K)

You jumped from 0 to triggered pretty fast, user!

Attached: White Hating Coon.jpg (518x800, 183K)

"I would take you to ze camps, but take my word for it..."
"Like...6 gojirran Jews....totally died....gas chambers....no really..."

no

>he says getting triggered

>Uhhhh that's us fighting our actual declared enemies though.
While Captain Nazi was first hinted at by the time America had more or less declared war in the Western front (September, 1941), both Captain America and Captain Marvel were fighting Nazis by early 1941, both preceding even America's first unofficial involvement in the war via the Flying Tigers in April, 1941. While we were supplying allies with resources by years up to that point, there was still a strong public debate around America should get involved in the war. These comics are a part of that debate, and they are absolutely political.

Attached: cm12.png (400x561, 435K)

Red Skull is the one nazi alive who not only doesn't deny the Holocaust, he ups the number every time he tells the story. Cause he's proud as fuck and wants everyone in the room to know it.

Attached: magneto bust in on red skull.jpg (500x507, 199K)

The Comics Journal, in print form, used to be the big name "Serious" comics analysis magazine and website, and so was Hooded Utilitarian for a while. Go read most of the "_ in comics" liberal sites, they usually cite them as a source.

That is a 40K vehicle if I've ever seen one.

Why can't leftists understand that the problem isn't politics in comics, it's the silly idea that what they declare as "bad" somehow equates to actual Nazis and they're creating SJW content as some sort of misguided "gotcha".

I always love the "but comics always were political" argument. No, no they weren't. Comics that have overt politics or agendas specifically designed to push that agenda are propaganda. It comes in many shapes and sizes. Those who harped on about comics always being political always point their finger at the smaller handful of comics made during certain social periods that were propaganda. They use a small set of examples to say the entirety of all comics are political.

Here's the deal: some comics are propaganda, but not all comics are. Most arent. Point to a few examples doesn't change that most were for the purpose of entertainment. That dumb excuse about them all being political is a bs argument designed to give people who want to make propaganda free cover and claim it's really just art. That's all it is. And they'll whitewash all comics in an effort to make it appear that they're just doing what is normal when the truth is most comics are for fun AMD entertainment and not political in nature. You know, like most entertainment media.

Guess that's how the numbers got so inflated.

Sorry, nerd, I only need one comic book magazine, thanks!

In print form, I've probably seen or even read The Comics Journal, but I'm drawing a 100% blank on Hooded Utilitarian. I remember a few random fanzines on comics, most of which I recall being liberal as well, but that's what most people interesting in comics were, and always will be.

Attached: wizard issue 1.jpg (465x700, 96K)

>I always love the "but comics always were political" argument. No, no they weren't.
You probably shouldn't lead with an obvious lie. You should bury it so people actually read the rest of your post.

All art is political retard.

Depends on what you mean by 'political'.
Pop politics is cancer, it changes with the times and will be outdated by the time the magazine prints.

Furthermore, the only thing pop politics can ever do is isolate your audience. Every issue has two sides. If you choose either side, you're going to make other people not want anything to do with you. If you make strawmen like I'm sure someone is going to do to this post and say
>TWO SIDES
>ONE SIDE IS A NAAAAZIII THAT WANTS TO PUT JEWS IN CAMPS AND BURN THEM IN OVENS
Then congrats, you just allied yourself with people who will de-advertise your book for you. Literally take away interest because your book is now associated with them.

You have to remember that every political issue doesn't carry the same weight. Your opinion on abortion doesn't carry the same weight as say, racism. Your opinion on health care doesn't directly translate to if you hate jews or not. However, by picking a camp and sticking to it, you just made enemies with every person on the other side whether their most important issue is health care, or abortion, or education, etc. etc. etc.

It's jumping head-first into a pool of opinions you're 12-page issue isn't equipped to deal with. So what's the smart thing to do? Avoid pop politics. Avoid it like the plague. Make a story that's a good story first with implications on society second. Because as Michael Jordon said: Republican money is just as good as any other money.

Attached: 1493113949890.jpg (654x582, 89K)

Love how Magneto looks like he wants to rip Red Skull’s head off.

And see, thinking like this is what creates the retarded shit we see in society today.
No,everything to you is political, and somehow politically related to our current day. Why? Because you're obsessed with it. You can't stop thinking about the political hotbutton issues because you live and breathe it.

So you see someone enjoying art for it's non-political merits, and you hate them. You hate them for not being as miserable as you are and flagellating yourself over the things you like. So you go over there and scream "ALL ART IS POLITICAL, RETARD" in his face. Whether it's political or not has nothing to do with it, what matters is if you can enjoy it regardless of its politics.

>If they are good comics, they will sell regardless of politics being in there.
If only this were true. I miss Prez.

Thankfully they talk out their differences. Like gentlemen.

Attached: MAGNETO-RED-SKULL-3 (1).jpg (894x1361, 1.42M)

Didn’t Punisher threaten to kill Bush in the Marvel Knights run?

This. Maus is lauded but it's NOT the norm. It's all just a thinly veiled excuse to be blatant about treating comics like a soapbox. Besides, the most popular and memorable stories aren't inherently political. Most of them are cultural.

>All art is political retard.
Comics aren't art, most of the entertainment shit like movies or music aren't art neither, they are only consumer products

>No,everything to you is political, and somehow politically related to our current day.
Name 5 great stories with no political message.

>Besides, the most popular and memorable stories aren't inherently political. Most of them are cultural.
What does this even mean? Culture is shaped by politics, politics are shaped by culture. A work the praises culture as it stands is politically against changes, as one that damns current culture is politically for them.

I hope this giant robot doesn't deliver a line that exposes the flaws in it's creator's thinking, thus making a political statement about humanity!

Attached: Master-Mold-giant-robots-30750253-720-544.jpg (720x544, 94K)

What exactly is your definition of art?

Oh yeah. Its becoming cringey arguements that boil down to, "Why don't I have power." Or "I'm attacking you based on your opinions."

>Comics aren't art
Go back to youtube, faggot.

Attached: wetworks battle.jpg (1600x1232, 619K)

Between most people being peabrains and the modern world having so many distractions that most can't follow politics too closely, this thing is inevitable for those who care about politics but don't know much about it. It's the same as right wingers calling everything they don't like socialist or communist, even when most of the politicians and policies they're talking about are middle of the road liberals who believe basically the same stuff they do but that people who aren't straight, white, Christian, and American deserve to live. This is not horseshoe theory, this is across the board over simplification.

Attached: m680dhwqrh8y.jpg (1155x1576, 277K)

what's the diference betwen a flat and a cathedral?

One is tax exempt.

Was going to post exactly this.

The problem was never "politics in comics", the problem is SJWs.

NO COLLUSION

some are more subtle than others

Attached: Real American.jpg (1129x1851, 2.51M)

Sounds like someone got a little too much politics in his youtube feed!

Attached: A cups he says.jpg (1366x768, 159K)

No, the problem is that I have too many SJWs cucking up my funny picture books.

>Name 5 great stories with no political message.
Read my post again without making some dumb canned response:
> Whether it's political or not has nothing to do with it, what matters is if you can enjoy it regardless of its politics.
Art isn't inherently political or it would be impossible to enjoy it without agreeing with its political implications. The "ALL ART IS POLITICAL" fags are obsessing over one aspect of what is actually a multi-faceted creation.

You can enjoy The Killing Joke or Watchmen without agreeing with a single political message in them because they are stories first and pop political messages a distant second.

Attached: pD7g8WZ.png (308x275, 174K)

I don't know about this one, Hulkster, but if anyone can make this work, it's you!

Attached: hulk hogan 1.jpg (652x431, 95K)

>pussies out
To be expected.

Attached: Dennis the Menace race trouble.jpg (299x400, 43K)

More than this, some treat politics better than others.

Politics is just a topic, that covers every interaction we have in the world. Health care, immigration, climate change, racism, social tension, all of it.

You can treat a topic carefully and with consideration or you can draw a klansman in stars and stripes outfit screaming "I'M A REAL AMERICAN".

People insisting everything is political and can only fall within an us vs them dichotomy want this to be a pure black and white issue, and it never is. Which is why making a cover like looks like a dumb strawman to any regular observer.

>he thinks this is real
Why are people so blatantly retarded? Are you fags really incapable of an image search?

These guys basically grew up thinking the only worthwhile art is one with a a blatant messages spelled out. The issue isn't really politics though. That's the main issue. If it doesn't explicitly tell you how to think, then it's worthless to them.

>Uhhhh that's us fighting our actual declared enemies though.
But that was drawn before America joined ww2.

Attached: 5A0042D9-B4F5-4E1C-8F8F-5F0F367C3D77.jpg (638x965, 92K)

>unironically thinking it makes sense to compare Zion Don to The Führer
Even putting that aside, Hitler was already at war with our long standing allies and we had been to war with Germany only like 25 years before hand. Add to it the fact that the comic was made by a couple of (admittedly understandably in the circumstances from their perspective) warmongering jews and you realize it’s a pretty fucking different situation.

And right now, the biggest issue is that the current crop of writers DON'T want to see the views from the other side that isn't theirs. It's "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" which only serves to make things more aggravating to read. What if you're Pro Healthcare and think LGBT deserve to live like everyone else but aren't keen on Transexuals basically dominating the discourse to the point where you can't even criticise them? To the writers, you're HITLER or a TERF.

Well, it was shit, had a shitty concept, and shitty art.

>Still doesn't read it because he's an obsessed faggot demanding everything be a black and white political hotbutton issue.
Expected.
Here, I'll list five good stories you can enjoy without even acknowledging that it's political right now:

1) Watchmen
2) The Killing Joke
3) Xmen: Legacy
4) Red Son
5) Age of Ultron

Just five random stories you can appreciate without looking at, acknowledging, or even thinking about the politics involved.

If you insist they can only be appreciated for their political implications, frankly that's on you for being an obsessed person.

You should probably think critically before reading picture books.

The cause of his outrage was a Christian politician in his country, but the scripture he kept referencing was about "Christians and Jews". If he'd stuck to just being angry about Christians, he'd have gotten away with it.

>Politics is just a topic, that covers every interaction we have in the world. Health care, immigration, climate change, racism, social tension, all of it.
Exactly. Politics are going to be part of nearly ANY story, in one way or another. Have a gay character? I guess you're pro-gay people existing or something. Hero likes to smoke? I guess you think smoking is cool.

Saying politics, or even certain politics, are a problem is just a scapegoat. Most of the time for people who don't understand what their problem with a book is, or don't know how to express it without coming off as petty. I didn't read Squirrel Girl cause it was fucking ugly to look at. Is that petty? Yeah, but I've read shitty books that happened to be drawn by artists I like, so I guess I'm petty.

The picture itself SAYS it's fanart. The user isn't just too stupid to use image search, he's too stupid to read the picture he's complaining about!

Attached: 1543080579979.jpg (908x1416, 260K)

That Batgirl issue was utterly insane.
>"I CAN'T BELIEVE A MEDICAL DOCTOR CALLED ME BY MY ACTUAL SEX AND NOT MY DELUSION, WHEN DISCUSSING SEXUAL REPRODUCTION!"
The author thought that was a sympathetic character.

>Just five random stories you can appreciate without looking at, acknowledging, or even thinking about the politics involved.
Sure. Sure... who thinks about politics when reading Watchmen, right???

Should have said WatchmeX, at least then I'd believe you since the complete run is so hard to find now.

Attached: WatchmeX-ReturnOfTheComedian.jpg (300x462, 50K)

A Christian Politician who is possibly the Martin Luther King of Indonesia mind you, because he wants peace between Christians and Muslims. The Muslims in charge in that case are the equivalent of the Jim Crows and the KKK.

Tricky Dicky only became a super villain after he was impeached.

>Sure. Sure... who thinks about politics when reading Watchmen, right???
Watchmen is a great story on more levels than just it's political themes. The political implications of human society is icing on the cake.

You should have just not replied if you didn't understand my post.

It just looks bizarre and offensive to you because they're aiming inward/sideways instead of taking potshots against the Japs or slavs or jerries etc.

LOL they're literally abandoning the entire setting, era and politics of the original for the upcoming HBO show.

Tedious pedant here: Nixon was never impeached, as he resigned before the impeachment process could go through. The process did begin before the storyline did, but he was still in office when it began, and the issue with the big reveal was released the same month he resigned, meaning it was completed well before was out of office.

I'm sure people back then thought it was tasteless, too. Does that make it 'right'?

Nixon was never impeached

>I'm sure people back then thought it was tasteless, too.
Go find us some letter columns or fanzines from the era.

>Nixon
I thought of him as I wrote but I considered no one would make this retarded comparison. Trump didn't go anywhere near impeachment. And even if it were right, they even refused to draw Nixon's face, as your image shows.
American comics are more political than ever, and more leftist than ever. There is no denying that.

>Go back through fanzines and letter columns from almost 60 years ago that aren't archived online
How would I even do that, now?

Yeah, I'm sure comics never showed a president's face in a story that cast them in a bad light before very recently.

Attached: ronald_reagan_darkknight.jpg (400x622, 108K)

You're literally connected to a series of tubes that connect you to vast amounts of stored information. Just look for a letter column a few issues after the Nixon issue!

>Doesn't answer the question
Does that make it 'right'?

>Literally not archived
Okay
Find some letter columns for us, then.
If its' so easy, surely you can find the letter columns that discuss that very issue.

Go on, do it. don't 'pussy out'.

Not him but you're missing the point. It's tasteless to jump into a political struggle with your maybe twenty page comic because there's no way you can address a serious issue without making a strawman or a misrepresentation.

Which is fine, if you're not making a serious statement. If you're just calling the president a faggot, no one will fault you for that. If you're trying to pretend your comic book for children is a serious political statement; then you look like a loser, and so does the comic.

You're the one making the claim, pussy. I guess you're backing down!

>Does that make it 'right'?
Are you asking if it's 'right' to offend an unspecified group that... what? Loved Nixon? Were offended because the comic was political? You're asking if it's 'right' to offend people with a work of art? With basic expression?

Yeah, it's right. Whatever the consequences were (we'll never know since user is pussy and can't back up his claim), the creators accepted and dealt with them.

Attached: Cap coming back to Earth.jpg (340x480, 59K)

>It's tasteless to jump into a political struggle with your maybe twenty page comic
Kids these days. I know all the stuff you guys read now needs like six issues to tell one story, but people used to tell a full tale in one issue back then. Anything past that was a fucking EPIC.

Attached: spiderman protests.png (474x450, 537K)

This is the usual snobbery found on /co

You conflate stories that have politics in them for stories that are political.

In layman's terms, you re confusing a story that as a forest in it for a story about forests.

Like seriously, only people who think they're smarter then the plebs think all comics are political. You can have political comics (pronounced as propaganda) and you can have comics that have a political idea in them (usually in service to story). You can even have comics that are a political. Because comics arent politics, nor are they a medium solely designed to push politics. And imo, the big issue is people who push the comics are political narrative are either expanding the definition of what makes something political so damn broad it encompasses everything, or have a difficult time discerning opinion or ideas as inherently political. Sometimes a cigar is political, and sometimes (most times) it's just a damn cigar.

The problem I see here is people confusing political message with writing quality.

Okay, so my guess is, SJWs have the right to basically shit on all of us and there's nothing we can do about it because they hold all the cards, so we should just sit here and take it because they're the future of comics, for better or worse.

Is THAT correct?

>You can have political comics (pronounced as propaganda) and you can have comics that have a political idea in them (usually in service to story).
Yet people who piss moan aren't smart enough to determine which is which, they just label comics they don't agree with as propaganda and anything they don't mind as "normal".

This board as like a dozen threads about Captain Marvel a day, recently. Nothing about the movie seemed overtly political to me, beyond stuff that was needed to make a simple, structured story. So why do people freak out about it?

Attached: Sailor Captain Marvel.jpg (810x1200, 129K)

>SJWs have the right to basically shit on all of us
Who the fuck is "us"? Cause I'm not with you, kid. You need to define that shit before you go on.

Attached: thanks donatello.jpg (620x352, 51K)

>when you hear brown people say it though

I always here if from the most lily white people. It's the kind of thing that had good intentions but comes across as super creepy or actually racist

> Oh one day we'll be the same color THEN everything will be fine

Sounds like Get Out.

None of you faggots would be complaining if she was punching Hillary or Bernie

Attached: 1548521221099.gif (127x128, 17K)

What about Dan Quayle?

Attached: Dan Quayle Daemonite 1.jpg (912x1371, 199K)

You know that isn't happening anytime soon. People actually LIKE Bernie better despite his policies and Hillary's untouchable regardless.

Yeah. There’s a reason Manga, Manhwa, and Manhua are so popular right now.
Hint: it’s because people don’t want to reason someone preaching on a soapbox

I still have literally no idea how hardcore SJWs watch that movie and think that the villains in it are supposed to represent Trump supporters.

But they were kicking the shit out of American comics long before the supposed "SJWs" started taking over.

I voted for bernie, so I would complain.

Fuck Hillary though. I would never vote for someone who felt entitled to the presidency.

Who the fuck has ever said that? Point them out so I can laugh at them.

It's almost as if that user has no fucking clue what he's talking about.

Manhwa and Manhua are recent phenomena (thanks to the internet), and haven’t been a thing for very long. Still somehow manages to get more views and money then western comics.

And neither did anyone punch Trump in an actual Marvel comic.
Are we also going to pretend that all cartoonists publish porn of their underage characters because internet fanartists do it?

Maybe it's because they still hew very closely to manga aesthetics which have been proven money makers over the past few decades?

They think evil white person =Trump Supporter. The actual message of the film flew over their heads. Just like the current movie "Us"

You just outed yourself as an sjw. By “us” he probably meant literally everyone who isn’t an sjw.

And if you think popular manga is always non-political you have another thing coming. Go Nagai created Mazinger, Devilman, and Cutie Honey. He had a big impact on manga, especially the mecha genre. Devilman is explicitly anti-war, and the comics his company produced back in the 70's regularly touched on the then current student protests, which were a lot more violent than they are in the west today.

Attached: 1522034093784.png (1860x952, 1.02M)

>Manhwa and Manhua [...] get more views and money then western comics.

Attached: 1518733020142.png (2548x1492, 1.39M)

>Very close to manga format
They’re not anything like the manga format

>By “us” he probably meant literally everyone who isn’t an sjw.
"he" probably meant? Sure, user. I believe that you're not samefagging... why would you do that?

Okay it's different because it's not Wilson. It's not from some paid source. The equivalent in 2019 would be fighting something like ISIS. Someone everyone is fighting against. Not just painting your own personal political enemies as villains. That's what modern writers do, they take Internet Twitter fights over politics and put those people's words in the bad guys mouth hoping to convince their side even further.

>It's possible... but if you mention anything real it's propaganda?

If you keep it in you're fictional world it's not propaganda, if you tie it to reality it's propaganda. Punching Hitler is okay because he's dead and gone. Punching a living politician is campaigning for the other politicians.

The propaganda line is drawn with what the artist/writer are trying to convey, if they're trying to change your mind or opinion on the real person, it's propaganda. Keep the fiction in fiction.

>h, wait, you go extra doublethink later with "muh dems and reps!", as if something inside or outside of one country makes the difference. So what am I posting now? Art or propaganda?

Art. Because it's talking in general political terms that can applied in universe. It's not saying "These Democrats, like Nancy Pelosi" or "These Republicans like Ben Carson"... It's not a specific endorsement or opposition of anything in our real world. It's not telling you who to vote or think essentially.

I think using Nixon in Watchmen is propaganda for instance, but it's right on the edge since Nixon is also gone.

And yet they weren't attacked for their politics. They were attacked for their content, ironically by the same people who would have agreed with their messages.

>If you keep it in you're fictional world it's not propaganda, if you tie it to reality it's propaganda.
Are you actually retarded? Like, diagnosed?

I want to know so I don't send you into a rage and you hurt your mom or something.

Well if Abraham Lincoln is secretly a Skrull it's better than Abraham Lincoln is a bad guy because the other's don't like Republicans. See the difference? If you take the historical figure and do something creative with them, it's art. If you take them and shove your own politics in their mouths and try to convince readers to believe or vote a certain way -- it's propaganda.

Based nips, gooks, and chinks.
Showing those dirty foreigners how it’s done.

Because I’m not. You are the outlier. You sjw are too demented to see you are a lunatic fringe.

>If you take the historical figure and do something creative with them, it's art.
So do whatever you want, with who or whatever you want, and it's always going to be art!

Good to know you're not that idiot that's struggling to make up a definition of propaganda on the fly, and is obviously over his head!

Can we actually have a discussion here instead of you just being a fucking asshole? At least I'm trying to have some thoughts on the subject, all you fucking pricks do is

>"NUH UH NUH UH UH UH UH UHH U DUM ME SMART U DUMB ME SMART ME DUM U SMART

Attached: 1339960187407.png (350x350, 68K)

You haven't even defined SJW. Since you can't do that, why would anyone be on your side? What if you define various anons here as "SJWs" just because they don't agree with you? Sounds like you have a convenient, vague buzzword you use to discredit opinions you don't like because you're not smart enough to make a real argument.

But that would be pathetic.

Attached: good joke.jpg (979x291, 70K)

>Okay it's different because it's not Wilson. It's not from some paid source.
What do you mean? Do you think the Dems paid Marvel to have a M.O.D.O.K. Trump?
>The equivalent in 2019 would be fighting something like ISIS. Someone everyone is fighting against.
But not everyone was fighting Nazi Germany back then.

So will Marvel's current output stop being propaganda once (if ever) Trump leaves office? Because that sounds like what your reasoning is.

You're random definition for "art/propaganda" is too vague and arbitrary to take seriously. I'm honestly still not sure if you're pretending to be this stupid, so sorry if I'm actually hurting your feelings. But your stance is laughable at best. I'm taking you more seriously than I probably should.

Attached: Omega reaction.jpg (1047x580, 174K)

>Good to know you're not that idiot that's struggling to make up a definition of propaganda on the fly, and is obviously over his head!

I am this guy.. I just found a way to say it better. It's called working through the concept user.

My definition of propaganda is this: if the work is trying influence you to vote different or politically support something differently -- it's propaganda.

>So will Marvel's current output stop being propaganda once (if ever) Trump leaves office?
Most of the real problems with Marvel are lack of editors and a cohesive vision, along with nonsense event after event disrupting even short runs on books. This is all due to Ike Perlmutter, a buddy of Trump's, but no one angry about politics in comics acknowledges this guy exists.

Attached: perlmutter.jpg (575x575, 43K)

What's your definition then genius? At least I'm trying to come up with one than being a fucking asshole on the Internet.

Tell me what your definition of propaganda is so I can call you a stupid retard as well.

Attached: 1363751282640.jpg (320x270, 20K)

>Manhwa and Manhua are recent phenomena
As far as Manhua goes that depends on your terms. I'm a neophyte to Chinese comics, but Tony Wong's Oriental Heroes series began in the 70's, and a short run of it was brought to America starting i '88. I think if one of the more popular authors in a medium had a big influence on Dragon Ball it's hard to say that it's a recent phenomena. People reading it over here sure.

Attached: b28276946bf0fa4d30c6acf777943922.jpg (625x600, 152K)

The term clearly strikes a nerve with you.

What I mean is that this guy's stance seems to be that it's okay (not propaganda) that a fictionnal character punched a real life politician while that politician was relevant, because that was a long time ago.
So I guess nothing is propaganda as long as years have gone by, propaganda can only happen right now because that's how narrowminded zoomers are.

I hope Captain Nazi comes back

Except you literally contradict that definition in that very post.

>What do you mean? Do you think the Dems paid Marvel to have a M.O.D.O.K. Trump?

At this point I wouldn't throw it out the window. If those artists donate to the Democratic party, if their editors speak at Democratic events, if the board of directors of the companies have literal Democratic politicians friends...

Even if there isn't any obvious exchange of currency, it's still trying to influence you to vote or think differently about that politician so that's why I call it propaganda.

How come we didn't see Hillary as a supervillain then either? If they're just using politician's as artistic expression shouldn't everyone be fair game and used? If it's only one political faction being cast as the bad guys what does that say of the caster?

>if the work is trying influence you to vote different or politically support something differently -- it's propaganda.
So all X-Men books are propaganda? Because the idea that everyone, despite differences of how they look or what they believe in, is fundamentally a human just like you, is a political opinion the book supports. Batman's no gun stance is inherently political, so it's all propaganda, for most of the last 80 years (whenever he stopped packing heat himself).

Your definition catches damn near every comic or story as propaganda, you're casting a wide net so you can label what you WANT to as propaganda. That's why I'm not taking it seriously, you clearly just don't want to be caught in a situation where something you don't like falls out of you definition, so basically are saying EVERYTHING is propaganda.

Attached: batman-no-guns.jpg (314x460, 56K)

No I didn't. I'm just summing it up better now. It's still flying.

Look, if we say that current Marvel comics suck because their politics are black and white and unappealing to those who don't share their politics 100%, will THAT be okay? Because I hate SJWs for taking my politics and polluting it with stuff I don't agree with, or even javing this "my way or you're a Nazi" stance.

I do too, but don't come complaining to me if he gets his own Captain Marvel Jr. in the form of Captain Neo-Nazi.

Hey, I'm okay with saying Marvel in 2010s sucks. Most of it was sucking even if you took politics out of the equation. I just don't buy the "No Politics Allowed In Comics" push.

>So all X-Men books are propaganda?

Yes.

>Your definition catches damn near every comic or story as propaganda, you're casting a wide net so you can label what you WANT to as propaganda.

My definition is strictly limited to influencing the way you think or vote. Batman doesn't use guns for his own personal reasons. Batman isn't telling us to remove the 2nd Amendment from the constitution or stop selling bump stocks. The difference is subtle but it's there.

Green Arrow is liberal as fuck for his own reasons. Green Arrow isn't telling us to vote for liberals and only liberals and we're all super villains if we don't. It's just part of his character. I'm not liberal but if I wrote Green Arrow book, I'd keep Oliver liberal. It would be propaganda for me to change him in hopes of changing the readers mind too.

>What's your definition then genius?
Words... have definitions. I can just type this shit in.
By this definition, it's hard to say a "story" is propaganda unless it purposefully misaligns facts or presents them in a way to force a particular view. But if I used Trump or someone in a story, and just had him say things he has said on record or tweeted, am I misrepresenting him? Even the fan art OP used is only sending a message due to the homage to the Cap cover. If I wrote a story where Kamala just punched Trump in the face, it wouldn't by default be saying anything besides she punches 72 year old guys in the face.

Oh, and Hillary was basically the villain of the videogame Vanquish, and no one cared. She even teamed up with the Russians! If that's what you want, go play that, it's great! But it's not anyone's fault that the Trump family has been criminals since before Donald was even born, that's just life. Why does it offend you?

Attached: propaganda definition.png (612x240, 17K)

>At this point I wouldn't throw it out the window. If those artists donate to the Democratic party, if their editors speak at Democratic events, if the board of directors of the companies have literal Democratic politicians friends...
Bruh, that's pure speculation, meanwhile Ike Perlmutter donating to Trump's campaign is literally official. You do know who Ike is, right?
>How come we didn't see Hillary as a supervillain then either? If they're just using politician's as artistic expression shouldn't everyone be fair game and used?
That's not how art works, no. If someone wants to make Hillary their villain, they're free to do so, some have. Nothing forces an artist to be an equal opportunity critic.
>If it's only one political faction being cast as the bad guys what does that say of the caster?
It says that they don't agree with that political faction. You are allowed to express your disagreement with a political faction.

Attached: 4476307.jpg (600x955, 136K)

>So all X-Men books are propaganda?
>Yes.
Good talk.

Attached: x-men on a dragon.jpg (753x545, 162K)

Not him. But.
>I'm honestly still not sure if you're pretending to be this stupid
>I want to know so I don't send you into a rage and you hurt your mom or something.
I don't think you can say that you were taking him seriously at all with sarcastic remarks like this.

I want everyone in this thread to notice your ass isn't replying to this. I'm seriously sick of Yea Forums conversations where someone is trying to explain something and everyone else is just insulting them -- if you don't have any views or counter points yourself, it's because you're being a coward and dishonest and don't want the same insults spammed at you.

No one should waste their time combing through anonymous' retard's insulting shitposts. If you can be civil, you don't get to feed your (you) addiction.

Attached: 1209970012322.png (768x663, 35K)

comics have always been political.

I'm brown already, damn you cultural marxists!

Politics have always been in comics. It's just back then the writers and artists were talented men that in some cases actually fought for their beliefs in honest-to-goodness wars. The politics of writers and artists today is those of blogging babies that'll run and hide the moment they're outside of their safespace.

Oh yes, they were bad already, but SJW shit made it unbearable. They went from "Jerkass Homer" tier to "Modern Lisa Simpson" tier.

This is where I'm at. I don't read Marvel these days because for most series either the art or the writing stinks (Squirrel Girl? America Chavez? Iron Heart? Give me a break) and I find a lot of the ways they tackle social issues that I see out of context look embarrassing, but to think that a comic universe that has real world war, terrorism, invasions, fictional mega corporations, fantasy and sci-fi racism, etc. baked into the setting can somehow not be political you are out of your mind. At best it can be "non-political" the way idiots in both the Democratic and Republican party mean it, where it just means upholding the status quo.

>I don't think you can say that you were taking him seriously at all with sarcastic remarks like this.

He's not. That's Yea Forums for you. It's "sit down and type out your entire argument and be coherent and well put together and back up your points with MLA citation, just so I can call you stupid!" They think they're worth an anonymous stranger's time and effort and they don't have to put any effort at all themselves. Yea Forums cares about "winning" the fight. Smashing the opponent, getting some high off calling someone stupid without getting punched in the face.

I don't entertain it any more. I call them out like this. They actively make life worse for literally everyone involved.

the first country that nazis occupied was Germany.

>Bruh, that's pure speculation,

Yes, I thought that implied by the literal next sentence...

>That's not how art works, no. If someone wants to make Hillary their villain, they're free to do so, some have. Nothing forces an artist to be an equal opportunity critic.

The point was asking why it's one-sided and that makes it feel more like propaganda for one political side over the other. I said FEELS like.

>You are allowed to express your disagreement with a political faction.

Absolutely and if you say it with your art I call your art propaganda for your political faction.

I don't mean to be particularly rude user, but that's not exactly a startling revelation for Yea Forums. I can't say that you're wrong. But it's not exactly a new development here. I mean, that's hardly an excuse for sure. "It's always been this way" is no excuse to continue something you know is bad for you or other people, but you can't expect to really catch anyone unaware of this information.

I'm not entirely sure this is exclusive to Yea Forums either. Maybe not to the extent here, but close.

Antifa members have attacked innocent bystanders and regularly shut down anyone with an opposing opinion. Fuck them.

This is what I'm trying to say. Expect to be mocked.

No, they're not.

Just to make it clear
>Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter (Hebrew: יצחק "אייק" פרלמוטר; December 1, 1942) is an Israeli-American businessperson and financier.
>Occupation Chairman, Marvel Entertainment
>In 2015, Laura Perlmutter donated $2 million to a Super-PAC supporting the presidential candidacy of Sen. Marco Rubio.[2]
>In January 2016, according to Donald Trump, Isaac intended to donate $1 million to the presidential candidate's wounded veterans initiative at Drake University.[19]
>On June 30, 2016, Laura Perlmutter donated $449,400 to a PAC supporting Donald Trump, and later was part of Trump's Inauguration committee.[20]
>In April 2017, Perlmutter was categorized by The New York Times as one of the "Clubgoers" among twenty people whom President Trump consults "outside the White House gates". He "has been informally advising ... on veterans issues [and] ... has been a presence" at Mar-a-Lago, according to the account.[21]
>In August 2018 non-profit news organization ProPublica reported that Trump had informally authorized three members of his Mar-a-Lago club to direct policy at the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and issue instructions to Secretary of Veterans Affairs Peter O'Rourke. Perlmutter was named among the three.[22] The author of the article obtained "hundreds of documents" through the Freedom of Information Act that show the three were in daily contact with the agency, "reviewing all manner of policy and personnel decisions" and that "they prodded the VA to start new programs, and officials travelled to Mar-a-Lago at taxpayer expense to hear their views."[22]
Also
>A person with knowledge of his creative approach said, "Ike Perlmutter neither discriminates nor cares about diversity, he just cares about what he thinks will make money."

>have comics gone too far in political statements
So, you've never actually read a comic. Good to know.

>terrorists
>Anti-Fa
Choose one.

and right wingers have killed like dozens of people. the kill count must be like in the low hundreds by now.

Who the fuck cares how you feel like? Learn to argue like an adult, about how things actually are, not how they feel or how you're speculating they are.
>Absolutely and if you say it with your art I call your art propaganda for your political faction.
That makes you an idiot.

Comics have always been politically charged, the key difference is that now the writers don't actually know shit about politics beyond what they retweet in their own quiet circles.

Well, yeah, it's easy to call them terrorist and then call white supremacists who gun down 49 people "lone wolves". But if I made that absurdity a point, in the form of a comic book, would that be "propaganda", or simply art since it's a criticism of modern culture?

Attached: Red skull never a chinaman born.png (607x511, 806K)

>regularly shut down anyone with an opposing opinion.
like fascism is good and America should be a white ethno state?

The status quo is looking a lot more appealing than what SJWs and the Alt Right want to do.

You're damn right I wouldn't complain.

Attached: finally, peace.png (1500x1169, 2.71M)

Or maybe that they shouldn't be assaulting veterans, vandalizing small businesses, assaulting random white people who "look" racist, faking hate crimes, championing crimes by minorities, starting fires, shoplifting and disrupting traffic.

Anti-fa's local chapters have consistently explicitly stated outright they believe in any methods to achieve their goals, including violence, including Antifa Sacramento, which has been SOLELY responsible for several riots in the past 2 years alone.

If you're talking about the New Zealand Go Pro shooter, that guy's nuts. He hates Christians AND Muslims and what he wanted was the left and the right to start a civil war with each other because he thinks his actions will speed it up. Sadly, his plan is working.

Oh I know, I've been stuck in this shithole for 13 years user. I'm saying I just don't waste time or tolerate it anymore. I've been so mad and worked up over these guys, it makes me bitter in real life. They're not worth it.

No one HAS to read anything we write to each other. This is all voluntary, the least we can do is spend each other's time respectfully. No one is better off reading hours of comments of negativity directed toward them.

Attached: 1205913577029.jpg (251x245, 13K)

Well, yes. Germans do have a tendency to live in Germany.

>that guy's nuts.
just another lone wolf in a series of lone wolves eh?

That's pretty funny, source?

>terrorists
>Anti-Fa
>220 replies

11/10 artisanal hand-crafted bait my friend, well done

fake news

I wish you the most sincere and best of luck.

>that guy's nuts
Ah, the old "brown people are terrorists, white people are mentally ill".

>now the writers don't actually know shit about politics beyond what they retweet in their own quiet circles.
It's not even that, it's mostly simply a problem with editors/direction. Readers are used to something like Marvel being a fairly tight ship: characterization is consistent, events line up or are explainable if something happens. Marvel and DC used to have very strict house styles that most books didn't stray too far from. That consistency WAS quality to fans.

It meant you could read one book and if something happened in another, it would more often than not be remembered and come up if even possibly important. But when you have people who aren't corrected if they make a character/continuity error, it takes fans out of the universe. It doesn't matter the politics behind it, it matters if it's consistent. Take Civil War 2: Carol was hated in part because she was different in the main book and in her own books. She was two (or more) characters going through the same story, somehow, and that didn't make sense. Probably because no editor looked at both Carol's solo (where she has a team of lawyers making sure she doesn't go over the line) and the main book (where she's a crazy person) and say "one of these has to change". It certainly didn't help that her hair would change from book to book, or even page to page in the same book...

Attached: two recovering alcoholics.jpg (1085x674, 97K)

I like you.

Attached: 9E49A41F-F523-4D84-85B1-1E83D956ED9A.jpg (800x450, 141K)

theoutline.com/post/929/who-watches-the-men-1
Read the others, too. Shit's fucking great.

i unironically think this to be the case, just like how Muslims were supposedly invading Europe 5 years ago. remember the no go zone talking points?

I can't say I agree with you since SJW has been just as vague and nebulous has the term hipster for a year or two now and I don't know what all you mean by that, but if you can at least see how stories about heroes who fight to keep things the same are political that's all I ask for in the context of this thread. I'm not some Tzeentch cultist who thinks things need to change constantly, and I'm not saying that all the villains who want to enforce change are good either, I'm just saying there is ideology in these stories.

yeah now that ISIS is dead all those refugees will go home, right?

I do remember when the evil migrant caravan conquered the US and turned it into a radioactive wasteland. I hear Houston is still on fire.

Oh there's no shortage of brown mentally ill lone wolves in Europe now. Especially the ones who cause a ruckus due to a family fued.

Marvel's ship hasn't really been tight since Shooter left, 32 years ago.

One man's terrorist is another man's hero.

Moroccan beheadings

what about the guy in Pittsburgh who shot up that synagogue? or that guy who was mailing bombs to trump's political opponents? or that guy who at the unite the right rally drove his car into a crowd of protesters?or that coast guard white supremacist planning a terror attack?

Mentally ill lone wolves without any common ideology.

To sum up what I mean by SJW, look up Andrew Dobson and Moviebob. They're not the hed honchos but they are exactly what I picture a SJW is like.

>Moroccan
Tell me what countries border it without googling shit.

Citation needed, motherfucker.

speaking of massacres, remember anders breivik?

Funny story, the guy who shot up a Synagoue HATES Trump.

Not if we all die first... I hope we do.

It would be just such a shame to sully Marvel's name with all of this politics...

>I think I gave myself a dare. It was the height of the Cold War. The readers, the young readers, if there was one thing they hated, it was war, it was the military ... So I got a hero who represented that to the hundredth degree. He was a weapons manufacturer, he was providing weapons for the Army, he was rich, he was an industrialist ... I thought it would be fun to take the kind of character that nobody would like, none of our readers would like, and shove him down their throats and make them like him ... And he became very popular.
- Stan Lee

Attached: he-sold-weapons-of-mass-destruction.jpg (780x439, 144K)

>Antifa Sacramento
I don't want to dip into the whole thing, but where are these riots occurring?

I kind of want to see one.

are you gonna bake me a cherry pie user?

Attached: extremists.jpg (1024x512, 111K)

Well, Satan, it was tighter before Civil War 1, at least. Not great, but at least the stupid stuff was all a consistent type of stupid. I think people really undersell the hit to Marvel that was the founding of Image. A lot of those guys shaped what fans wanted from Marvel for years, or decades, before they left. A sudden jumping ship of that much talent not only led to a general change in direction, the sudden competition from Image itself lead to a lot of crazy storylines and events.

Including events that brought Image guys back in some way!

Attached: heroes reborn ff.jpg (640x993, 228K)

Because making commies the villains would go over so well with ANTIFA...

funny story, he still shot up a synagogue because of right wing talking points spread by trump and the right wing media.

I remember how the same crowd on this website that goes "you'll call everyone a nazi" basically beatified him.

>but where are these riots occurring?
Sacramento, Portland and Berkeley. Several times in these cities, just off the top of my head.

because Antifa holds so much political power in america...

I live like four minutes and I've never heard of riot that wasn't biker related occurring. And I regularly watch the news and follow the cops on twitter.

>politics is in every story you morons

Also Yea Forums

>no politics on this board!

Where you from?

>I thought it would be fun to take the kind of character that nobody would like, none of our readers would like, and shove him down their throats and make them like him ...
Stan Lee should have wrote America Chavez. Honestly, I love this idea of taking things the audience HATES, and just saying "this is the book, what do you think?"

They do if you lived in the same towns they do.

There is a reason that Grant Morrison has called Superman a socialist hero. That might be going a bit far mind you, but he didn't come out of the gate telling people to "Slap a Jap" by buying war bonds.

Attached: superman vs the military industrial complex.png (602x528, 497K)

thehill.com/policy/national-security/350524-antifa-activists-say-violence-is-necessary

>I voted for bernie, so I would complain.
>
.I would never vote for someone who felt entitled to the presidency.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha!

Sacramento actually. Just the really white trash and part of it.

>Where's that asshole Superman?
>Oh just out... ENDING WAR!

>The justification [of the use of violence] is that Nazi ideology at its very core is founded on violence and on wielding power by any means
well they're not wrong are they?

Less a question of far and more a question of how blatant they're being.
Make it subtle so it won't age like milk left in a car's boot.

Image became a hit after Marvel's sales collapsed due to the market crash, you've got your causality inverted.
Liefeld and McFarlane's influence on Marvel also predates them founding Image.

I don't think what the Antifa think is too relevant to Marvel editorial, but commie villains in Marvel were a thing for decades, and some of them are still around (although not showcased much since communism really isn't too relevant).

Attached: People's_Protectorate_(Earth-92131)_from_X-Men_'92_Vol_2_1_001.jpg (1988x1252, 656K)

No judgements. Just wanted to know so I could reference the riot in question - which was the riot on June 26 2016. Nazi party had a permit to demonstrate.
Most demonstrations, even with the KKK and nazi party are generally peaceful unless a counter-protest group shows up.

that's funny because none of my family in California really makes any note of them.

>even with the KKK and nazi party are generally peaceful unless a counter-protest group shows up.
or till a neo nazi drives through a crowd of people or till the klan shoots up the counter protesters.

Firstly. They're not wrong. Which is why it's not right when nazis did it, and it's not right when antifa does it. BAMN for example explicitly has stated and states openly it believe in the achievement of their political beliefs, "By any means necessary", including violence (it's in their name quite literally.)

Second. As much as I hate what they have to say? Unless there's a counter protest where counter protesters attack them, nazi and KKK rallies are generally, surprisingly, peaceful. Mostly because they know the American public outnumbers them by a factor of several thousand times and if they start shit they're going to get their shit kicked in and people will stop granting them permits.

>which was the riot on June 26 2016
From wikipedia
>Ten people were hospitalized, all for multiple stabbing and laceration wounds
>Only one of the TWP and GSS members was stabbed.
Holy shit no wonder I've never heard of these fucking cunts. They're incompetent to all fucking hell. If they went against legitimate white hate groups they'd fucking die in mass.

You did agree with him there, though.

>You did agree with him there
what?

You agreed that nothing bad happens except when there's a counter-protest.

I wonder if Ike even knows his comics are being used as propaganda to go against what are most likely his own beliefs. Like why doesn't he fire them all in mass?

You may not believe it, but the KKK and american nazi party have been demonstrating in america and had a presence here for many many years. For clarity, I hate what they have to say.
But by any objective standard: They're generally peaceful. That is, peaceful for a majority of their demonstrations. So far, conflict only occurs when counter-protesters (typically without a permit) show up.

>it's not right when antifa does it
it is because it's for a better cause, to stop Nazis from gaining traction. bash the fucking fash before they put you in a camp.

>A person with knowledge of his creative approach said, "Ike Perlmutter neither discriminates nor cares about diversity, he just cares about what he thinks will make money."
Apparently he doesn't believe in the whole "go woke go broke" meme.

except the nazis and KKK still kill people so no they're not peaceful groups. they should treat as terrorists because that's what they are.

Why are people scared of these fucks again?

How do you know he isn't doing this on purpose to get people to hate the poeple who are against him?

They're obviously making him money. Either by selling enough, or being paid very little... or both!

I hear he limits the toilet paper in the office. The man is the definition of cheap.

Sending some white trash protester to the hospital doesn't do shit except serve as a form of anger escape valve.
As the other user pointed out, they've been doind those demonstrations for decades without being bashing them, they didn't gain shit for traction.

Yes, that's the one. Mostly, ANTIFA and BAMN are about intimidation when disparity of force is in their favor. Particularly, in the instance of the Berkely riots where they set fire to the school where Milo yoilioliolpolopolisisilus or whatever his gay name is was speaking; where the mayor (who has openly admitted to being a member of BAMN) instructed the chief of police to stand down and not interfere or obstruct demonstrations by BAMN or antifa.

>They're generally peaceful
they're not though, ever heard of something called the Oklahoma city bombings?

The same way Comedy Central can have both South Park and The Daily Show, or 21st Century Fox could have both Fox News and Seth MacFarlane cartoons. Propaganda is nice and all for the wealthy, but whatever sells sells, and the money you make off the media you sell can go into the pockets of politicians who do what you want.

Yeah, just make sure you don't end up pissing off the people who have nothing to do with it, or adopt fash tactics yourselves.

They are classified domestic terrorist groups if memory serves.
Just like Antifa.

Nobody said they're peaceful groups.
They should be treated as terrorists when they commit terrorist acts, not when they larp as SS in glorified gay pride parades.

>Sending some white trash protester to the hospital doesn't do shit
gets off the street.

I explicitly stated their demonstrations (read: protests) are typically peaceful.
How peaceful their members are is a different conversation. Which would need us to bring up the members of ANTIFA and BAMN and how peaceful they have been.

antifa is just a decentralized mess of LARPing retards not a terrorist organization

Attached: italo.jpg (300x363, 26K)

He clearly means the demonstrations.

>not when they larp as SS in glorified gay pride parades.
it's the same people though.

And what do you think that achieves?

but that's not true either, they're showing up geared up for a fight.

You are explicitly stating that they have and do engage in terrorist activities and that's ok because it's a cause you believe in.
At this point, the question isn't whether or not antifa is terrorist. You've not argued that they engage in violence. Nor that the violence they engage in is for anything but political goals.

That is the definition of terrorism. You are trying to argue that the terrorism they perform is ok because their goals align with your beliefs.

>Incels want their comics back
haha, no.
Us trannies will sooner shit on stan's grave than let you have comics back

Back to /pol/ you go you cancer

I'm fairly sure not all of them have been incriminated in terrorist acts. If they were they'd be in prison.

Attached: -The-Wolf-and-the-Lamb-by-Jean-de-La-Fontaine-fairy-tales-and-fables-41590017-500-500.jpg (500x500, 84K)

Okay but then the qeustion is why does he think Marvel comics is making money? I mean weren't there a thousand reports of them barely selling shit? Like, I can get that he cuts more founding to recover investment but even cheap guys at some points wonder "why am I making all these cuts and not getting triple the money?"

>And what do you think that achieves?
a bruised up racists is better than 70 people dead.

Races, outside of the loud city lefties, tend not to mix.
The main race mixing in america are mexican / nigger / asian. The white were at a point where most stopped willingly mixing years ago.
Again, not counting the stupid shits who get nigged for likes on their profiles or whatever the fuck.

This leaves us with a 'black' population of mostly 50-ish% black. Asian/Mexicans who end up hated by both groups and turn whiter. And Black/Asians who are only fetish bait and are REALLY hated by asian families.

That doesn't contradict the statement though.

so yeah a high percentage of folk in the city are mixing. But its just the shit rubbing against other shit

>You are trying to argue that the terrorism they perform is ok because their goals align with your beliefs
yeah, anti-nazi. because if you're not anti-nazi you're pro-nazi.

>Biker riots
I fucking love those. It's astounding how much rage a fucking account who goes riding on the weekends has inside.

Or geared to defend themselves because they expect violence.
Even so. How they show up has no bearing on whether or not they become violent. Consistently, at these demonstrations, violence only occurs when they clash with counter-protesters.

This is not condoning the beliefs of neo nazis. Only a condemnation of violence against someone who is otherwise non-violent.

What reports? Vague clickbait headlines? There's no actual report of Marvel Entertainment actively losing money, just varying success in sales which doesn't mean anything without knowing their expenses.

That's a false dichotomy.

I wonder. Is this a troll or are these posts for real? Because I so do want this ro be real.

>Okay but then the qeustion is why does he think Marvel comics is making money? I mean weren't there a thousand reports of them barely selling shit?
Probably because he actually has the books, and "reports" mean anything from randos on twitter to political youtubers begging for clicks. Even the "cancellation numbers" that people toss around here (I think some people say about 20K), are just speculation. Ike Perlmutter is seeing a profit of some sort off the books, of he'd have fired everyone by now. It's very likely every single doom and gloom story you've seen about Marvel in the last 10 years is just meaningless hype people have thrown around for attention.

No matter how bad you consider something from Marvel, if it isn't cancelled in the first year (or sooner), it probably turned a profit.

Attached: squirrelgirlissue24.jpg (843x1280, 367K)

well let's break this down shall we?
>fascism is an inherently violent philosophy in the first place
>they're already have a large kill count
>and their end goals is genocide
so yeah the idea that this a peaceful demonstrations is bullshit.

>because if you're not anti-nazi you're pro-nazi.
"No." And even if you are anti-nazi you don't have to agree with Antifa's methods.

I'm no expert on the financials side of comics nor the business/office politics of Marvel, but currently American comics actual sales don't matter for shit to their parent companies, only their value as material that can be adapted into movies, tv shows, toys, games, etc. does. If WB or Disney cared about sales, all of the execs as Marvel and DC would be out on their asses. One Piece fucking sells in Japan, the Shonen Jump app did gangbusters when it appeared on the app store here in America, there's really no excuse for how bad mainstream American comics quality and sales have been for decades now other than incompetence and a lack of caring.

>because if you're not anti-nazi you're pro-nazi.
I am emphatically against nazi beliefs and political ideology in all its forms.
Which is why I'm emphatically against the method of violence for political ideals and goals.

Attached: 1435264669198.gif (352x240, 854K)

Of course it's a troll, retard. "Discord tranny" has been the go-to insult for people Yea Forums and Yea Forums disagree with.

A demonstration where no one is hurt is unequivocally a peaceful one. Regardless of what is said.
Calls to action not with standing of course, but you already knew that those are not protected forms of speech as they are not seen as just speech.

>even if you are anti-nazi you don't have to agree with Antifa's methods.
then you're not really anti-nazi.

You're on a comic book board. Do you really think "beat up evil people" is something most people are against? I mean, if we take "comics are propaganda" as a fact, we'd have to assume every person on this board is fine with evil, dangerous people like Nazis getting the shit beat out of them, because it means good people are safer.

Attached: You dare to continue to exist.jpg (507x406, 41K)

But it is. It's a peaceful demonstration for a violent ideology. Same as a communist demonstration.
>inb4 communism isn't inherently violent
It necessitates the acquisition of the means of production through violence.

>Which is why I'm emphatically against the method of violence for political ideals and goals
so you think the allies should never have fought the nazis then.

>I'm no expert on the financials side of comics nor the business/office politics of Marvel,
then who cares. Seriously, why even start with this. We get it, you don't know.

This is going full /pol/ but my god this is amazing. They outnumbered the white hate groups ten to one, and still lost in the stabbings. Showed up with wooden bats, sticks, fireworks, and other weapons, basically the basic bitch loser gear of riots and still lost.

California has been somewhat sissified, but this is still the land of the fucking mass brawls. No one in the antifa group had people with ties to the punk scene? Nobody lived through the fucking Mongol, Hells Angel stompings?

I kind of want to buy that book that keeps getting mentioned and seeing how fucking piss poor of a job they do talking about how to fight in a riot.

nazi ideology is literally murder.

>Do you really think "beat up evil people" is something most people are against?
The problem arises when everyone believes this.
And no two people will have the same definition of 'evil.' So, people who think muslims are "evil" will feel justified in killing muslims. People who think whites are evil will feel justified in anyone who is white. And so on down the line.

Cool no true scottsman, lad.

>Do you really think "beat up evil people" is something most people are against?
Am I supposed to think that matters to what I am for or against?
> if we take "comics are propaganda" as a fact, we'd have to assume every person on this board is fine with evil, dangerous people like Nazis getting the shit beat out of them, because it means good people are safer.
Or, hear me out here, comics aren't pure propaganda, fiction is largely descriptive rather than prescriptive, and not everyone consumes comic books as a power fantasy where they could bash their mean coworkers' head in for having dissenting political opinions.

>A demonstration where no one is hurt is unequivocally a peaceful one
tell that to heather hyer.

>deep-throating the bait

Comics sales have been on an upswing in the 2010s. Low point was 2010-2011.

The united states did not enter WW2 until after it was attacked. In point of fact, none of the allies entered ww2 until after they were attacked. To say that WW2 was acts of violence for political goals is ignorant at the very best.
More importantly:
The united states was largely against entering WW2 until AFTER the attack on pearl harbor.

That's not what "literally" means. It literally advocates for murder, as do some other ideologies who also happen to have peaceful demonstrations.
You can think it should be illegal (come over here to Europe) but as is in the US it isn't, and you're not protected by law to "bash a fash".

That statement is not in disagreement with the one you are referring to in the slightest.

we know what the nazis want, we've seen what their end goal is. I think we can all agree that killing kids and dumping their bodies in a mass grave is evil.

>To say that WW2 was acts of violence for political goals on the part of the allies*
Pardon. Important distinction there.

that's what peaceful neo nazi rally is at it's core.

Because people memeing Marvel Comics Sales Barely Selling don't know how to judge sales. Some titles are doing fucking badly, but others are doing better this year compared to the 2016-2017 era.

2016 sales and 2017 sales were really bad for a lot of Marvel comics, but Star Wars made up for it. Then Star Wars sunk because of Last Jedi while they were trying to work on making Marvel titles recover.

Case in point, three different Venom series. Venom: Spaceknight was out in 2015/2016, the Venom relaunch in 2016 was written by Mike Costa, and the most recent Venom series from last year is by Donny Cates. Here's how well they did:

11/15 Venom Spaceknight #1 - 59,151
12/15 Venom Spaceknight #2 - 32,210 (-45.5%)
01/16 Venom Spaceknight #3 - 25,770 (-20.0%)
02/16 Venom Spaceknight #4 - 21,545 (-16.4%)
03/16 Venom Spaceknight #5 - 18,807 (-12.7%)
04/16 Venom Spaceknight #6 - 17,894 (- 4.9%)
05/16 Venom spaceknight #7 - 17,370 (- 3.0%)
06/16 Venom Spaceknight #8 - 16,658 (- 4.1%)
06/16 Venom Spaceknight #9 - 16,006 (- 3.9%)
07/16 Venom Spaceknight #10 - 15,650 (- 2.2%)
08/16 Venom Spaceknight #11 - 17,548 (+12.1%) (CV2)
09/16 Venom Spaceknight #12 - 16,193 (- 7.7%) (CV2)
10/16 Venom Spaceknight #13 - 14,577 (-10.0%)

11/16 Venom # 1 - 90,138
12/16 Venom # 2 - 38,043 (-57.9%)
01/17 Venom # 3 - 55,255 (+45.2%)
02/17 Venom # 4 - 38,337 (-30.6%)
03/17 Venom # 5 - 32,088 (-16.3%)
04/17 Venom # 6 - 62,747 (+95.5%)
05/17 Venom #150 –141,757 (+125.9%)
06/17 Venom #151 - 49.704 (- 64.9%)
07/17 Venom #152 - 34,687 (- 30.2%)
08/17 Venom #153 - 30,392 (- 12.4%)
09/17 Venom #154 - 25,369 (- 16.5%)
10/17 Venom #155 - 76,445 (+201.3%)
10/17 Venom #156 - 26,192 (- 65.8%)

Venom #1 - 225,782
Venom #2 - 73,198
Venom #3 - 57,527
Venom #4 - 51,914
Venom #5 - 64,264
Venom #6 - 73,543
Venom #7 - 87,198
Venom #8 - 64,049

No, the problem is people using propaganda (the actual definition) to make people think Muslims or Whites are by default evil. The thing is, you're not BORN a Nazi. You choose to become one at some point. Or are you going to pretend it should be a protected class like a race or religion? Oh well, who fucking cares?

You guys aren't even keeping this vaguely Yea Forums. Swing it back to COMIC BOOKS.

Attached: john walker 1.jpg (634x966, 174K)

So Antifa didn't hurt anybody badly, as they intended, and that makes them... bad?
I take it that the only way to gain the respect of right wingers is to straight up murder your political enemies.

Sure, but I also think a lot of shit capitalists or communists (like killing kids) do is evil, that doesn't mean I condone violently assaulting some schmo on the street who says capitalism is great.

>I'm no expert on the financials side of comics nor the business/office politics of Marvel,

OH IT SHOWS.

>I think we can all agree that killing kids and dumping their bodies in a mass grave is evil.
Yes.
And marching with a white hood or grandpa's SS uniform is not.
What someone says is merely speech until it becomes action, and not before. Again, calls to action being considered action rather than speech, just as a reminder.

>That's not what "literally" means. It literally advocates for murder
a pedantic nazi is one of the most pathetic nazis around. you're not fooling anyone david duke.

>are you going to pretend it should be a protected class like a race or religion
It should be protected speech. As it is right now.
Because if it's speech, it's not an action. Its speech.

Don't be obtuse, the fact that they set out to badly injure their opponents AND badly failed makes them double-losers.

speech is action politically speaking, they're trying to amass the power to follow through their ideology.

This. I couldn't care less if actual dye in the wool Nazis get hurt. It's when they start thinking you're one because you jus so happen to agree with policies they think are "Nazi policies" (like against open borders) not caring that unlike the Nazis, you just want to make sure the best immigrants are allowed in.

I'm no nazi dude, when I vote I vote commie. I just don't agree with people saying things that are objectively incorrect.

but it makes you a bigger loser for being afraid of them.

>they set out to badly injure their opponent
They're not trying to kill people. That's right wingers.

>speech is action politically speaking
No, it's not.
>they're trying to amass the power to follow through their ideology.
And they've been failing pathetically for decades, without anyone bothering with violent counter-protests until recently.

Everything is speech until the crazy people your speech is meant to incite gun down a dozen people. I'm sure some guys in ISIS are just "talkers" who rile up the idiots.

Speaking of Nazis, I'm really curious to see Rick come back. After Nazi-Cap had him executed. You know... IN A COMIC BOOK. The subject of the board.

Attached: Rick Jones murdered by nazis.jpg (1041x1600, 493K)

>speech is action politically speaking
Emphatically not; words only have weight with the threat of force to enforce them.

>i'm not a nazi
>i just defend them and try to downplay their murderous ideology.

Why the fuck would I be afraid of them?
You don't bring knives and baseball bats to tickle people.

>until the crazy people your speech is meant to incite
I explicitly mentioned and pointed out several times how calls to action are not speech and tried to remind you they are not speech but action unto themselves, as ruled by the supreme court decades ago.
Yet you very deliberately ignored this.

>Why the fuck would I be afraid of them?
because you're a nazi apologist AKA a nazi and you know you need a good bash.

A lot of people don't realize title sales levels are not all equal. The biggest mistake I see from people on other boards is people thinking that Ms. Marvel is a failure like America or Iceman or something. If Ms. Marvel had actually been a failure I would've said so too. But it was a book where its launch book got seven printings, and its TPBs does well outside of comic shops.

Also: What a lot of the doom-and-gloom people on here and other boards don't realize is that Marvel underperforming is likely why Axel Alonso was let go back in 2017, and there was a transitional period to get Cebulski ready to run Marvel.

The other thing people don't realize is the reason Disney cites for publishing performance being down in their stockholder report is because of Star Wars' comic sales going down. Star Wars gradually went down during 2016-2017, but was still one of Marvel's top sellers. However, it went around or below mid-list in 2018 after TLJ.

But they did only tickle people. The facts show this.
I just can't understand the mentality where, in the name of peace, the side that didn't hurt anybody is somehow worse.

Or being called one because you like Jontron or Pewdiepie.

except that Pittsburgh shooter wasn't inspired to shoot up that synagogue by a call to action but 24/7 right wing media talking points.

But I didn't do either of those things. Me correcting you saying objectively incorrect things isn't a defense.
It's fucking amazing how nobody can take an argument here without calling others nazis or SJWs. I've been called both, though more often a SJW.

No one cares about your faggot youtubers. Got to Yea Forums with that shit.

Like it matters. This is Yea Forums. Everyone's just shitposting at this point. Be thnakful this isn't Twitter. Then you'll never get any real peace. At least here, it's not going to haunt you.

I in no way defended the nazi ideology, kiddo.
They stabbed 2 people. People mock their incompetence even if they disagree with their methods. It's like mocking a failed bank robber, it doesn't mean you wish he was better at it, or that the bank robber failed because he didn't really mean it.
Or like mocking /k/ when they failed to shoot up a BLM rally.

Yet everyone almost everyone else in the world was exposed to the same talking points and DIDN'T shoot them up; which leads you to the conclusion that he held those beliefs before the news media reinforced them.
More to the point:
When YOU (and subsequently, I) heard those talking points, neither you nor I came to the conclusion that those points were correct. So. The common denominator here is not that the news or what they were espousing was responsible or culpable for his actions. He was in control of them at all times and his belief of those ideas was his decision rather than that of the people giving the opinions.

I balk at the conclusion:
You're incorrect. He reached the decision to shoot up the synagogue of his own accord.

Oh I know, that's why I have these stupid arguments here and not on normalfagnet.

Christ, just remembering fucking Lockjaw got a "push" cracks me up. D*sney was so goddamn set on making Inhumans happen, and of course the only formula they know calls for a cute marketable sidekick, so the eternally cursed man-dog grommet that no one has ever cared about got the job.

Attached: 350px-Demoman_taunt_laugh.png (350x352, 125K)

>blaming Gisnep
>when it was 90% Perlmutter being a salty cunt

But you're mocking them for something they don't feel ashamed about. Leftists always lose on the game of serious violence. Because that's not the game they want to play. And the statistics show this.
Have you considered that this mentality of celebrating effective and efficient violence is the reason why the right wing has such a high body count?

That is the convenient excuse Mouseketeers like to fall back on, yes, though it ignores the fact that the progression follows D*sney's MO perfectly. They did the exact same thing with those godforsaken Porg things.

See that's how we know the difference between you who actually followed comics and their news, and other people who simply watched Youtube videos.

Nah,i think he's just sick of people trying too hard to make indonesia an islamic country,and the people that make the case are those very people
t. indonigga

Well, in """"political"""" statements, yes. Western capeshit is a joke now. As for normal political stuff, nothing wrong with it.

Jack Kirby, bless him, was so fucking cool.

The fact that he actually went down to the lobby to fuck them up still gets me.

Thanks guys! Lets all make better efforts for ourselves and each other!

I do. Know why? Remembering 3 whites is easier than remembering hundreds of muslims. I could only remember their gay club attack from the top of my head.

>Leftists always lose on the game of serious violence.
If we ignore all communist revolutions, sure.
Again, being bad at something doesn't mean you're trying to be bad at something. As pointed out earlier itt, it's very much the game some of them want to play.
>Have you considered that this mentality of celebrating effective and efficient violence is the reason why the right wing has such a high body count?
I don't particularly care, mocking ineffectiveness at something isn't a partisan thing, and I'm not right-wing, but I understand why people mock ineffective criminals without needing to make it a "maybe it's because you want to see people get hurt" strawman.

>Disney invented and owns the exclusivity of cute sidekick marketing
Are you brain damaged? Do you also blame Disney for pushing Kitty and her cute pet dragon in the 80s?

Careful there, Mousefriend. I don't think your bosses would like you using such noninclusive language. You could offend the majority of your customer base.

Really no Charlie Hebdo? Or Manchester? Or Brussels? Or London? Or Madrid? Or the Berlin Christmas market? Or Nice? Or idk 9/11?
Maybe you just have a shitty memory, lad.

They certainly have more influence over the media than anyone on the "Alt-Right" does. When was the last time you saw some 14/88er get praised by CNN?

I do admit it is amusing to see major newspapers cite no-name Tumblr users as if they are valued sources though.

>Yes, I am brain damaged

>Just like Antifa.
But Antifa is a militant protest organization that opposes Fascism. Alt-Right/KKK/Nazis/White Power-slash-Nationalist-slash-Supremacist dorks call them terrorists, but that's about it.

>sarcastic snickering sounds.psd

Because Nazis shit themselves and run away from people who put up a fight. If they get hit by an Antifa, they shit themselves *and* cry like babies.

>and that makes them... bad?
It makes them incompetent larpers who are playing at being anti facist activists who are fighting against some big bad idea of a fucking nazi.

It's pathetic and borderline sad, just like the fucking people they are supposedly fighting and it makes me wonder why people care so much.

To bring this even vaguely around to comics, it's like Calexit, where for some bizzare reason leftist shits were made out to be the most dangerous force in a seceding California and not all of the fucking gangs and militias within the state.

>it's like Calexit
Calexit was based on and written about a political movement.
Which is still going in California. I mean I get and appreciate you trying to bring this around to comics, but if you want to do that, you might want to not pick a comic that is entirely politically based.

Fascists usually like to portray their enemies as paradoxically weak and strong so Antifa is of course a dangerous terrorists group and weak ineffectual libs.

>I mean I get and appreciate you trying to bring this around to comics, but if you want to do that, you might want to not pick a comic that is entirely politically based.
Oh I was bringing it around to comics to discuss how these things are treated in comics.

Calexit and that godawful kickstarter superhero comic with the faggot Johnny Reb colors both lionized a movement that in the United States is borderline laughable. There is not a single fucking thing I've been shown of these people that makes me even vaguely take them seriously beyond them maybe jumping me ten on one. And even then going by numbers, I'll probably stab eight of them before going down.

>Or Manchester? Or Brussels? Or London? Or Madrid?
That's the point - which one in London? The one when some mudslime machete'd a policeman? Grooming gangs?
It all blends in. Meanwhile we have 3 white examples, so kinda hard to confuse them.

>Fascists usually like to portray their enemies as paradoxically weak and strong
that does sound like antifa enemies desu. Putting the "anti" prefix doesn't change this, they want to remove freedom of speech as evidenced in this thread, which is - surprise, surprise - what fascists do.

I meant the 2005 attack the one that actually had a victim toll that's superior to a typical "lone wolf" type attack. Grooming gangs isn't terrorism, retard.
>Meanwhile we have 3 white examples
lel

Nobody, it's fanart.
It literally says it's not from Marvel on the actual picture.
You stupid illiterate fucking Americans, do you have a nanny to write your posts for you?

>Meanwhile we have 3 white examples
Just from this year.
>that does sound like antifa enemies desu
Yes, user was saying you're an idiot who falls for propaganda.

Tt's not like a "peaceful protest" (hahahahahahaha!) is a magic spell that negates the fact that Nazis are inherently dangerous and violent, a threat to peace, civility, and democracy.

Assuming that's true, is this really the hill you want to die on?

I feel like I've found brothers.

Attached: when doves cry.png (512x384, 174K)

Replying to my own post, I think the genuine problem with comics that are not about supervillians is that they are written by individuals with no actual knowledge of what is dangerous in the world.People more concerned with the battles they are fighting on Twitter rather than the ones going on actually in America.

And before anyone says "of course they wouldn't write about actual dangerous people, they'd have to demonize minorites" you could hit me with a bat and I could list off a role call the size of my arm of white power groups that will fuck your day up.

Criminal does it well. Stray Bullets. Postal a bit. Southern Bastards started off well but went to shit as Aaron stretched something that should have ended in a year to long term series.

tell you what: do a side by side comparision of numbers with mudslimes terrorist attacks and whiteys terrorist attacks and we will see which one is higher. I remember Charlottesville, New Zealand and Breivik, so I wonder how many you think there were.
>Yes, user was saying you're an idiot who falls for propaganda.
As opposed to a smart man who falls from propaganda? Everyone has their own propaganda bubble, retard, it would take an idiot to say that they're not influenced by any propaganda at all.

>People more concerned with the battles they are fighting on Twitter rather than the ones going on actually in America.

I think you nailed it.

>Tt's not like a "peaceful protest" (hahahahahahaha!) is a magic spell that negates the fact that Nazis are inherently dangerous and violent, a threat to peace, civility, and democracy.

And no matter what words you use to describe neo nazis (and in the case largely accurate,) those descriptors have not proven or even attempted to justify violence against what is and rightly should be protected speech.

The bulk of the population ae (is?) in cities, tho.

census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.html
>U.S. Cities are Home to 62.7 Percent of the U.S. Population, but Comprise Just 3.5 Percent of Land Area

Is correct information and equality regarding free speech the hill I want to die on? I mean, that's not too bad a hill but I don't think my life is at stake here anyway.

Attached: internet quotes lol.jpg (850x400, 39K)

Fucking tards, don’t you fucking people know how much swing social media has on people? Fighting on social media is arguably more effective than irl fighting in this day and age. Why do you think so many countries hire propaganda bots (not just Russia) and why China curates Weibo like mad?

“Equality” of “free speech” is a anarchist concept

Oh sorry.
>And no matter what words you use to describe neo nazis (and in the case largely accurate,)
I should be more clear and concise here.
The words you've used to describe neo-nazis thus far, while mostly accurate, haven't given or attempted to justify violence against speech.

It really isn't. Stop using words you don't understand.

If you’re calling for an ethnostate it inherently includes a threat for violence. So is threatening to shoot up a BLM rallies. Threats for violence should not be protected, same for people calling for trump to be assassinated

Yes it is. Harassment and defamation laws exist. Not regulating speech at all is anarchist

>Fucking tards, don’t you fucking people know how much swing social media has on people?
It has a lot of power, but only in certain ways. It can undoubtedly serve as a mass influencer and riot starter but it is more an extension of a person's ideology.

A comic writer obsessed with some dude saying his comic sucks because it has minorities in it, is not that.

Trump was exonerated. Your coup failed, and the perpetrators will now pay for their treason. Get over it.

>It can undoubtedly serve as a mass influencer
That’s the most powerful tool of all, Jesus Christ

And I worry about it, in that regards. But it gives idiot writers stupid ideas that they take into their writing.

>If you’re calling for an ethnostate it inherently includes a threat of violence.
>Threats for violence should not be protected
Then religion by definition should not be protected, as jewish, muslim, and christian religious text all calls for ethnostates.

The above example notwithstanding, the belief in an ethnostate is not necessarily requisite to participating in or executing violence. As opposed to an ethnostate as I am, it's not inherently requisite on the person holding the belief to perform violence. Thus, it's not an explicit threat.

No, something not being regulated on (while other things are regulated) isn't an anarchist concept. In fact it's a classical liberal concept.
Also I didn't imply unregulated free speech to begin with, just free speech being regulated similarly regardless of political affiliation. If communist demonstrations (communism necessitates the violent acquiring of the means of production, and directs that violence to a subset of the population) are okay, then so are nazi demonstrations. And in fact, both are okay according to American law as long as they don't directly call to violent action. Keyword: directly.

I agree religion should not be protected

Yup, and domestic abusers.

Attached: Superman1_1_5ab2b9837fffd1.32183127.jpg (877x398, 162K)

>requisite to participating in or executing violence
So how are you going to get rid of minorities? Just wish that they peacefully leave the place they settled in? I’m talking in the context of the US, of course. If you’re in an ethnostate already then whatever

I think you may have inferred something from what I said that I didn't intend. I believe in the right to freedom of religion.

>The above example notwithstanding, the belief in an ethnostate is not necessarily requisite to participating in or executing violence. As opposed to an ethnostate as I am, it's not inherently requisite on the person holding the belief to perform violence. Thus, it's not an explicit threat.
Well, that's debatable, as involuntary displacement of populations is considered violence. On the odd example that this ethnostate would exist in a place where no "outside" ethnicity already exists, like a purpose-made Sealand-like artificial state, or in a case where other ethnies would have to approve of being displaced, then I guess it's possible.

>As opposed to an ethnostate as I am, it's not inherently requisite on the person holding the belief to perform violence. Thus, it's not an explicit threat.
When said ethnostate requires the removal of everyone who doesn't fit that criteria, there's not many options.

>people used to tell a full tale in one issue back then
Hell, they could tell a decent story in 8 pages!

>So how are you going to get rid of minorities? Just wish that they peacefully leave the place they settled in?
Some people with strong religious ties to their ethnostate ideals do just that. They pray and pray for god to give them their ethnostate, believing that it is not their right or duty to perform violence on their god's behalf. By name, I think the westboro baptists were among said people.

>I’m talking in the context of the US, of course. If you’re in an ethnostate already then whatever
Even in the context of a nation such as Israel, maintaining their ethnostate has admittedly and inarguably required violence. Nevertheless, the belief in such a state does not necessitate in explicit violence against a specific individual.

>If you’re in an ethnostate already
That's not really a thing in the real world.

>It's tasteless to jump into a political struggle with your maybe twenty page comic
Hell no.

Don't be puttin words in her mouth, user.

No he didn't you absolute faggot. Trump and Fox love the kikes. You'd have to be fucking retarded not to know this

>Jim Jefferys show
oooooh user didn't you hear...

>When said ethnostate requires the removal of everyone who doesn't fit that criteria, there's not many options.
Maybe not. But again, since it's not explicitly predicated on violence, any assumption that such a belief must require violence is an inference. So if someone wants to believe in a nation where only whites are allowed, they are not threatening someone explicitly or specifically.

They love their money, they don't love them.

Wear a bra next time, it's not a symbol of the patriarchy, it actually helps your breasts. Oh, and uh, come to work with your bra visible.

Israel isn't a complete ethnostate, certainly not in the way alt-righters or wtv you want to call them want. Hell there are more Israeli Arabs (20.7%, vast majority of them Muslim) than there are Arabs in any Western country.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel

Why does Erica draw Squirrel-Girl so flat? Especially since Erica is a titty monster.

Attached: Megamilk.jpg (797x880, 148K)

>Well, that's debatable
It certainly is.
But the fact is, there's no shortage of people who believe in an ethnostate and have never been violent.
Meaning it's not only possible to believe in an ethnostate without becoming violent, but already happening as we speak. To say it can't happen is to ignore that it is happening, right now.

Tiresome.

They manufactured a bullshit about Asylum seekers and pinned it on George soros in a clear antisemetic dog whistle.

It's the little things that count.

>A lot more evidence to the contrary
Such as?

Sure, we're in agreement there.
It is something modern Western nation-states have struggled with though, the clash of the principle of free speech and the fear of ideologies that potentially threaten our ways of life (including free speech).

>Hell there are more Israeli Arabs (20.7%, vast majority of them Muslim) than there are Arabs in any Western country.
Pardon the semantic nitpick but:

Per capita.
That means there's roughly 1,797,000 arabs. Even if they were ALL muslim, that's still less then the number in the united states, which is around 3.45 million. Obviously, this is because the united states has many more people and per capita, that's less than israel.

Nevertheless, if we want to continue down this topic, at what point would you call a nation an ethnostate? I feel that's an important distinction to make here before we state with any certainty there are or aren't any ethnostates in the world.

They're a group of faggots that want to be dangerous. They're like a child with a handgun. Their stupidity is what makes them a threat does that clear this up for you or are you gonna be a retarded tankie the rest of your life?

There's a reason why they called it the final solution and it's because every other solution to get a pure aryan ethnostate failed because it's a fool's dream.
People migrate, it's human nature. You can't keep people out of your country just because of their ethnicity.

It's a question we've found ourselves confronted with before and I don't see a resolution in the forseeable future.

shes fat

But then you claim they're have political power and people don't dare to say anything against them because they're afraid of violent retaliation. They can't both be a threat equal to fascist and inept pussies, that's not how it works.

Your non-sequitur aside, that really belies the point: The belief or desire to have or live in an ethnostate is not predicated on violence.
It can and can and does exist without any threats or acts of violence.
We once again arrive at the conclusion:
The belief or expression of opinions on the belief in an ethnostate do not imply or explicitly constitute a threat of violence against a specific individual or group of individuals.

Well yeah of course per capita, that's why I posted % rather than raw numbers.
>at what point would you call a nation an ethnostate? I feel that's an important distinction to make here before we state with any certainty there are or aren't any ethnostates in the world.
Fuck if I know, I'm guessing that depends on each and everyone's view on what an ethnic group is to begin with, as well as what % they would tolerate of outside ethnies (hard 0% seems pretty unrealistic). I'm sure some people would consider some African nation-state an ethnostate because they're all black (let's ignore the Europeans and Asians who live in every single African nation for the sake of argument) but according to a more comprehensive definition of ethic group (as in having more factors than just 19th century's understanding of races) they certainly aren't.

They didn't manufacture shit and there is a difference between pointing out George Soros is donating money to a shit ton of left wing causes and screaming "Gas the Kikes, race war now"

so is SG so why aren't her tits as big

I'm a dirty liberal; I want fluoride in the water, free education thru college, I wand a living minimum wage, Social Security, Medicare for all (or somesuch universal healthcare), comprehensive poverty alleviation, all Nazis encased in concrete and dumped in the ocean, and I love that fucking cover.

It wouldn't fly now, tho.

They still shill for Israel so what's the fucking difference

Addendum: I'm sure some people's definition of "ethnostate" is "other ethic groups are tolerated, they just have lesser rights".

Same reason in She-ra and similar shows how they refused to give fatties a curve.

>The belief or desire to have or live in an ethnostate is not predicated on violence.
It is though. If you want an ethnostate then how do you think you're gonna accomplish it?

I didn't claim shit I'm not the other user. I'm pointing out that the incompetent fuckwads are dangerous because they're larping retards who try and start fights. You can't claim they're harmless cause their inept pussies when their inept pussies with weapons. Any dipshit is dangerous with a pipe

honest reply: it's just low paid, garbage writing for hire.

speaking of terrorists, it's interesting that you single out antifa when it's the nationalists who commit the most murders.

according to the cato institute,

>Terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.

cato.org/publications/commentary/which-ideology-has-inspired-most-murders-terrorist-attacks-us-soil

right wingers were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the us over the past decade and only 0.7% percent were committed by left wing radicals.

Well, let's look at a 19th century example. The trail of tears for example. Certainly, you could consider the native americans (all of them) are either a single ethnic group or multitude of ethnic groups. No matter how you define them, though, the united states unequivocally and unilaterally removed by law every single native american from US territory and sent them to their own independent, sovereign nations, separate from the united states.
To this day they are considered sovereign nations - even if by law they're just as beholden to US laws as they ever were.

In 1838, you could make the argument that the united states was an ethnostate. In point of fact, up until 2002, the state of oregon's state constitution explicitly prohibited blacks from entering or residing in the state. You could make a compelling case that the united states was ethnostate for some time.

To get all that stuff someone needs to be oppressed, probably the lower class or a minority group. Wouldn't you hate yourself if you thrived because of your fascist government is oppressing the weak?

>speaking of terrorists, it's interesting that you single out antifa when it's the nationalists who commit the most murders.
Wrong.

>They didn't manufacture shit
Yeah they did and we can know that they did because they stopped the coverage as soon as the midterms were over.
>there is a difference between pointing out George Soros is donating money to a shit ton of left wing causes and screaming "Gas the Kikes, race war now"
They signaled out a wealthy jew and say he was the mastermind behind their fake great replacement crisis. All was missing was a picture of soros rubbing his hand with a photshop hook nose.

Not him but I'm sure some retards think they can convince all the non-whites to "go back" without using violence. I mean, that's kind of how American Liberia started off.
And I'm sure some faggot will make an ethnostate of sorts on Mars or the Asteroid Belt, that's been a thing in scifi for a while.

>The trail of tears for example
They don't call it the trail of tears because they were happy user.

Attached: trailoftears.jpg (798x798, 101K)

The desire for a belief does not imply or explicitly state the desire to act on it.

this ain't correct chef ramsey

>I'm sure some faggot will make an ethnostate of sorts on Mars or the Asteroid Belt, that's been a thing in scifi for a while.
SIEG ZEON!

Oy vey they pointed out George Soros, a real figure that is the largest proponent of this shit, is the largest proponent of this shit. Such antisemitism.

Only if you work with the definition that all whites are part of the same undivided ethnic group, which is incorrect.
Injuns having sovereign nations is kind of a joke, as you point out they're legally subservient to another nation-state.

But where is this want of an ethnostate even coming from?

Maybe they don't like brown people. Maybe they love brown people and think this is the best thing for them. Maybe they think it'll bring about the end of the world. Maybe they think it'll save the world.

I can't rightly say for sure. A lot of people probably have all kinds of reasons for believing what they do. Rarely is it logical on top of that.

>Orange Man Bad meme

I'm not sure why people think this is clever -- Trump is considered bad because he is, indeed, *bad*. A bad human being, a bad man, a bad businessman, a bad speaker with a lousy 4th-grade vocabulary, uneducated, incurious, bigoted, selfish, greedy, vengeful, cruel, a cheat, a serial adulterer, a liar, a mendacious deceptive prevaricator, a walking soiled diaper, cowardly, child-raping vomitous shitgolem.

There's a reason why he shot up a synagogue, we have his social media posts that show us that he was buying what fox news was selling.

He's wrong that they're #1 (islamists are) but other than that...
>Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. During this time, the chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist was about 1 in 2.5 million per year.
>Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists are the second deadliest group by ideology, as they account for 6.6% of all terrorist murders during this time. The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists. The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was about 1 in 33 million per year.
>Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time, about 0.7% of the total number of murders, but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have only killed five since then, including Charlottesville. Regardless, the annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year.
>Terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992. Terrorists with unknown or other motivations were the least deadly. Islamists swamped them all.

>Only if you work with the definition that all whites are part of the same undivided ethnic group, which is incorrect.
Even with this definition, it is still excluding one or more ethnic groups from your nation. Even if those nations are those you created to control yourself.

Again, working off the definition here that an ethnostate is one which excludes one ore more ethnic groups. Though, if you use the definition that it's a state for the sole interest in ONE particular ethnic group, then yes, that would exclude the united states from having ever been an ethnostate.
So now we're back to trying to define ethnostate.

He hated the jews user a lot of people do. Fox news apologizes for them all the time. You seem awfully keen to dodge the fact that George Soros has documented ties to all this replacement migration shit. Nothing in the American mainstream criticizes the jews, and you're hoping to far on this antisemitism shit not to have a dog in this fight.

Licensing is where the real money is.

>Again, working off the definition here that an ethnostate is one which excludes one ore more ethnic groups.
Is that the definition we're working with? I thought it was "excludes all ethnic groups except one"?

I'm not sure there's much of a point in two people who don't seek ethnostates to work out the definition of what an ethnostate is according to people who want it.

alright thats better, & of course right wings have more terrorists that left wings because they're pissed off, have guns & hate having freedoms taken away. Versus left wings whose men are the archetype of the onions face, no guns & their they don't have terriorists they have radicals in shit holes in like Venesula & Denmark & fucking ruin the government beyond repair killing & oppressing thousands if not millions.

>You seem awfully keen to dodge the fact that George Soros has documented ties to all this replacement migration shit.
Because it's not true.

>hate having freedoms taken away
What freedom are being taken away from you?

>Is that the definition we're working with? I thought it was "excludes all ethnic groups except one"?
I have no clue.

>I'm not sure there's much of a point in two people who don't seek ethnostates to work out the definition of what an ethnostate is according to people who want it.
I'd have to start making guesses about the people who want an ethnostate believe to start to go down that hole.

-If they believe that America should only be home to white europeans, then that's more than one ethnicity for sure, and thus not an ethnostate in the sense of, "Just one race."
-If they believe that America should only exclude mexicans and arabs, that's hardly an ethnostate either because again, you're still including more races and ethnicities than just your own.

Really though, I feel this conversation could go on endlessly and we're nearing bump limit on a thread that has segued to a topic that shouldn't have been here in the first place. So it might be best to call it a night.

>if you were manlier you'd murder your countrymen like we do
I guess.

Are you confusing Denmark and Sweden?

With Watchmen, nothing beyond the original comics, *maybe* reviews thereof, and Alan Moore's commentary counts. Not the movie, not Before Watchmen, not Doomsday Clock, and certainly not the upcoming TV series. Watchmen is complete in itself.

They currently don't go shooting people, but Hamburg 2017 was pretty bad.

For the moment most things are going their way, left wing is winning in media and the EU's immigration policy is inevitably pushing democracy more left wing (voting wise any way). If things start going against them, like lets say Austria going Poland level hard right, I could easily see them becoming much more violent.

In Europe of course, the American ones are faggots.

Im not right wing but they think tat their getting rights stricken like restricting gun laws. Like that's not going to piss them off.

>this is how /pol/-tards picture themselves

>it would be impossible to enjoy it without agreeing with its political implications.
Only if you're a complete autist.

I remember those! I tried to get into them but they made me dizzy.

Worse, this is how they picture Trump. They genuinely imagine that he's this ultra-masculine red-blooded American strongman who embodies their ideals when he's an overweight, kind of effeminate New Yorker who's obsessed with his own popularity and does everything possible to avoid face-to-face confrontation, up to and including being too scared to even fire his own employees himself.

the bra is an outdated piece of clothing that has outlived its purpose.

Bras Make Breasts Sag, 15-Year Study Concludes
medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073.php

why is the mandarin dressed like stryfe?

that's a neato outfit regardless.

Just the cool threads he was rocking at the time.

Attached: Avengers 313.jpg (586x900, 254K)

Probably samurai (or less likely Tang era China) influenced design.

Attached: 20131221718.jpg (162x284, 22K)

>gives source and statistics showing the nationalists commit the most terrorism in the US
>nn--n-n-n-n-NO i'ts WRONG ;__;
Not an argument.

Is the Mandarin even alive right now in the comics? What's he wearing these days if he is?

Attached: Mandarin AA.jpg (1100x619, 85K)

>tell you what: do a side by side comparision of numbers with mudslimes terrorist attacks and whiteys terrorist attacks
In the US, white terrorist attacks outnumber Islamic terrorism significantly, making up 73% of killings. This phenomenon is now starting to spread worldwide. You should be snuffed out, but the people who support you are the same people who are giving Saudi Arabia nuclear weapons... so what the fuck is up with that. You pretend there's some dichotomy between white terror and Islamic terror when you keep voting for the same people who fund both. Fuck you, fuck Wahabbists, and fuck Nazis, you're all on the same side.

nah I agree that there are nationalist terrorists but is right they ain't the biggest problemo ya lameo

Not that user, but I believe in freedom *from* religion. As in, "keep it in your pants, I don't want or need to see your little thing."

This. I enjoy works opposing my political views frequently

But I want to put it in your butt, user.

Excuse me, I was here first, I have first claim to user's butt now wait your turn

We should, tho. Capitalism is monstrous.

>In the US, white terrorist attacks outnumber Islamic terrorism significantly, making up 73% of killings.
Depends on the time frame you want to take. If you include 9/11, not by a longshot.
If you reduce the timeframe to 2016-2019, still not at all, as the Orlando attack alone outnumbers the number of extreme right wing victims by a factor of 10.
Maybe if you make the timeframe arbitrarily 2002-2015 or 2017-2019 it works though.
See

But my faith is superior, and fits in user's ass far better.

Sure but hitting some idiot with an opinion is hardly going to change the world.

I am so tired of this "Wypipo kill moar dan da musamalims" argument.

Either back that up with a corresponding list of facts that show you're right, which we all know its bullshit and you can't prove since no neo nazi has ever outdone 9/11, or do us all a favour and go back to /pol/ and complain about losing to rednecks in the elections.

fuck off

>Honest question, have comics gone too far in political statements?
Read more comics.
They started political and never stopped being influenced or influencing society.

Attached: Wise Words From Captain America.jpg (1988x3056, 1.92M)

>1,000 years from now, whole populations will continue to fight endless and bloody wars over the subject of which of these two had a legitimate claim to user's butthole

I'm sure you wouldn't mind posting some facts to back up these ad hominems you're throwing out all willy-nilly. After all, making claims that exaggerated must mean you're willing to present proper evidence to support such an argument.

Attached: 1452193290130.png (200x200, 39K)

Not only did you guys veer off from COMIC BOOKS entirely, you're arguing number of victims against number of attacks. Nearly every "lone wolf crazy" was a white nationalist terror attack the media just refused to label as such. Weren't the Columbine shooters White Supremacists, but everything from bullying to videogames was blamed first.
>They played DOOM! That must have been the cause!

The nazis killed 6 million.

They were also socalists

Trump lost money running a casino.
Trump went in debt running a casino where the house always win is a mathematical certainty AND with his dad bailing him out with 413 million dollar loan.

It's like I'm really reading the daily caller.

They love *Israel* not Jews (tho Trump wants Jews counting his money instead of black guys, which is racist on all sides). Israel* is key to their Revelations fantasies.

>They were also socalists

Attached: One of the best things I've seen on his - Nazis were fascists.png (1500x2000, 2.11M)

>have guns
Lefties have guns, too, user, and know how to use them. Count on it.

> Nazis called themselves National Socialists
> b-b-but Nazis weren't REALLY Nationalists.
> b-b-but Nazis weren't REALLY Socailists
If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck & taste like a duck & is a duck, it's a duck you fucking retards, but keep going start telling me that a waterfall doesn't have water in it. Anything to get this cancer off of Yea Forums any faster, go to /pol/ or some shit next time you Nazis.

>it's a duck you fucking retards
No; Hitler hated the Commies.

;)
Oh a big boi now, I'm sure this the picture you took with it. Try not to get stopped by a couch when you go on a school shooting you faggot.

Attached: 781579375.png (800x900, 173K)

You're simply wrong.

Attached: One of the best things I've seen on his- Nazi Economics post.png (1344x925, 193K)

This gave me one of the biggest laughs this week.

Nigga I ain't reading your /pol/ propaganda, now
GO BACK TO /pol/ YOU NAZI.

You should at least try to pretend to be over 18.

>I'm /pol/
This is odd.
I usually get accused of being a discord tranny from /leftypo/...

Attached: Red__original_drawn_by_erica.jpg (543x768, 142K)

I am gobsmacked at the sheer audacity of this statement.

> A faggot is faggot no matter what your gay ass gender or gay ass beliefs are...
Its like a moral from a Disney movie or something. Kinda beautiful if you think about it.

>remember kids, vote
>kids
>vote

Attached: smile.jpg (224x225, 6K)

I assumed number of killings meant number of people who got killed, my bad.
I don't think Columbine quite outweighs 9/11.

>I'm sure this the picture you took with it.
Wot.

>when you go on a school shooting
Lefties don't do school shootings

>you faggot
Sorry, can't date you; straight.

I can find some pretty juvenile things funny.

I tend to think of anyone under 30 as a "kid", myself.

I read this as
>remember kids, vore
> kids
> vore

Attached: 953297875.png (136x138, 43K)

user, dissecting others' posts like this is just one of the easiest ways to show someone how big of an autist you are.

the difference lies on discretion, they never showed Nixon face, they never said his name explicitly, if you are not from the states and know nothing of story would never associate this event to Nixon.
modern political commentary in comics is so in-your-face and unsubtle that its almost insulting and condescending.

remember, kids vore

>So all X-Men books are propaganda? Because the idea that everyone, despite differences of how they look or what they believe in, is fundamentally a human just like you, is a political opinion the book supports.

Pay attention to how the X-Men comics used to support peaceful coexistence, and the integration of a minority group into society. Then they supported segregation, disobeying the majority group's laws, and using violence and murder on evil racists who don't like your people. Then they supported an actual ethno-state, being constantly on the brink of war with the rest of the world. A significant audience agreed with them, all the way to the end, so much that Marvel are finding it difficult to back away from that direction, and that should scare you.

Look into Amanat and her family connections, and research Soliya for some possible answers.

Why do people always frame this is "POLITICS IN COMICS!"?
The problem is entirely SJWs.
They're a fringe group of radical liberals who are hated by normal liberals, conservative, and the left and right alike.

Because Yea Forums is infested with sjws that do not understand how out of touch they are and if you bring it up they call you a baby murdering Nazi

SHUT UP YOU BABY MURDERING NAZI!
MODS DO SOMETHING!

You got more of those titties?

That last panel needs a speech bubble saying "Fucking Jews."

You thought you were supposed to agree with Genosha? Was it being Magneto's thing not a big red flag?

Extreme politics are still politics. I hate SJWs but I'll defend their right to express their political views, just as I did earlier itt with nazis.

He means they are the only ones shoving their shit into comic books. Well, comics anyone is going to see in the store at least and published by a company that matters.

Did you read my post? If Ike thinks SJWs buy comicbooks and wants his company to tap that market by hiring Gabby Rivera, I have no particular issue with that, in fact it made for some pretty enjoyable storytimes of pain.