I used to read Spawn, but dropped off around the last time we saw Cogliostro. What's he been up to lately?

I used to read Spawn, but dropped off around the last time we saw Cogliostro. What's he been up to lately?

Attached: spawn-287_5dbb14ed51.jpg (585x900, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHZGJlB5gYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7CkNAZx6pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not much, Todd

Wait does Yea Forums hate spawn? Why?

How do you know it was the last time if you havent been reading

I think Yea Forums is just indifferent towards Spawn, and its fun to think Todd's the one making Spawn threads because no one else talks about him

not him, but doesn't cog just disappear after he reveals himself to be cain and builds that tower in hell?

honestly, the whole thing kinda sucks after spawn kills malbolgia. it just sort of flounders.

Cause Cogliostro was attached to the Neil Gaiman lawsuit. It was never stated explicitly, I don't think it was even brought up or mentioned in interviews, but it was pretty clear McFarlene was taking him off the board permanently. Just like I'm sure there's some convoluted way they could bring back Angela, but that would mean Todd would have to pay Neil royalties, so...

>some convoluted way they could bring back Angela
Didn't they already do this years ago at Marvel? Or did something change since?

Last I checked he was depowered and teamed up with savage dragon. I have no clue what's been going on lately. McFarlane is a cool cat though.

>McFarlane is a cool cat though.

>starts an independent publishing house with an emphasis on creator owned characters and comics
>tries to fuck Neil Gaiman out of royalties
>it doesn't end well for him

The SNES game has cool music
youtube.com/watch?v=LHZGJlB5gYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7CkNAZx6pc

The short McFarlane/Larsen arc was rad

Not sure about the plot but they seem to publish two versions of each new issue, one in color and one in black & white

Current Spawn is jebaiting both Heaven and Hell at the same time while growing stronger and stronger by the issue. Dude can bring the dead back to life and has revealed his identity to the public. Hes planning on releasing humanity from Heaven and Hells control completely

I forget the book is even still going most of the time.

>Hes planning on releasing humanity from Heaven and Hells control completely

Didn't they already do that?

I think he's been in jail for a while. Before that his niece/daughter? was kidnapped while staying in Japan. Last two arc have been fairly fun. I really liked the art, although I've only been half paying attention the the actual plot.

Nope, there are still Demons and Angels on earth fucking around with stuff

I could post the latest chapter if you guys would like?

>I really liked the art, although I've only been half paying attention the the actual plot.

That's been the way to read Spawn from issue #1. McFarlance's art is cool as hell, I especially love the varieties of ways he draws ugly people, his obese characters all look like monsters

Gaiman did work-for-hire for McFarlane and signed no contract giving him any stake in Angela. McFarlane was under no legal obligation to pay him for shit, and yet somehow he ended up with not only royalties owed, but 100% ownership of the character, even though he initially only claimed 50% ownership. McFarlane clearly was the only one who got fucked in the exchange.

Who is the main antagonist now in the Spawn comics? I heard he was making alliances with his old enemies.

The whole point of Image comics was that it was founded so that creators would get to retain control over their creations.

Then why didn't Gaiman just write his own comic? Nowadays you have folks writing pre-existing properties like Witchblade and Cyber Force. Do you think they get creator rights over the characters they make up for those titles?