How's Your Webcomic? #551

What do you do outside of creating webcomics? (Hobbies, interests, etc)
Alt Q: Do you ever feel over/under-critical about your own work? How do you combat that?

*Please add your comic name/link to your first image post

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ
/a5UmYWhT
/eTqaESTc
/pVkAE4uX

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Capeworld's Podcast: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6isqHY5kZzHK6Gviy18SHXnz8hdrkgkx
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

>Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

Previous thread

Attached: hywf.jpg (1200x1165, 2.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tapas.io/episode/1365049
tapas.io/episode/633782
neonmob.com/creator/megarose
webtoons.com/en/challenge/noughts-and-crosses/list?title_no=195592
youtube.com/watch?v=85V7aqcwJ3Y&t=24s
ghadar.smackjeeves.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=2QI2kb3MgFA&index=5&list=RDcv-gXhyG_8Q
tapas.io/episode/1365824
webtoons.com/en/challenge/erin-the-disappointment/the-gifted/viewer?title_no=205571&episode_no=7
webtoons.com/challenge/dashboardEpisode?titleNo=205571
webtoons.com/en/challenge/erin-the-disappointment/list?title_no=205571
demonsmirror.com/page/344
tapas.io/episode/87972
tapas.io/series/Flesh-Kernel)
starhammercomic.com
sonichu.com/cwcki/ShecameforCWC.JPG
tapas.io/episode/1361171
youtube.com/watch?v=EC4ztEjRlqU
freakanimes.com/habiti/comic/ch2-p4/
tapas.io/episode/1365433
devilsmoon.net/
deviantart.com/julia012
tapas.io/series/Utsukishi-Rosaura
mangaido.com/en/u/julka_dru/series
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Sargasso_Sea
deviantart.com/josephx83/art/Getting-Ready-Page-17-791502595
ghadar.smackjeeves.com/comics/2769227/page-13/
youtube.com/watch?v=V2bbnlZwlGQ
tapas.io/episode/1366965
webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/spook-spell-part-2/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=11
eerilylovely.smackjeeves.com/comics/2769329/spook-spell-part-2/
tapas.io/episode/1367158
webtoons.com/en/challenge/faustfall/book-3-brother-pages-20-21/viewer?title_no=203841&episode_no=40
faustfall.smackjeeves.com/
tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
predatheosis.tumblr.com/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
federicoveyretou.deviantart.com/gallery/66121133/PREDATHEOSIS-Chapter-1-HELM8
newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
newgrounds.com/art/view/prov22/predatheosis-1-russian-translation
tapas.io/series/The-Concord-Initiative
tapas.io/episode/1367110
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New A Story Of Fire update. Got some help with the english but proofreader user here I am take your time thanks for existing.

tapas.io/episode/1365049
smackjeeves link soon im catching up there.

Thank you Sefra too for mentioning that I could download brushes, thats a whole new world.

Attached: 44b.png (880x1269, 770K)

>What do you do outside of creating webcomics? (Hobbies, interests, etc)
Writing. Reading. Some gym sometimes. Sleeping. Working.

>Alt Q: Do you ever feel over/under-critical about your own work? How do you combat that?
Im very critical, but thats the point, especially now.

That guy is a fag, oni gf a cutie.

no mistakes here! though you could reword to "are people's suffering and effort worth.." if you wanted. Either way works.
how's he gonna suck a dick with no mouth?

Between pages of Laserwing I have a daily art blog (popkas@tumblr) and am the wacky girlfriend for an LPer (hundera@youtube and twitch). Outside of being a content creator I've been playing a lot of shitty phone games. Even then I end up doing a lot of drawing, I draw fanart for my Wizardess Heart boyfriends (pic related) and probably soon am going to draw some of my Food Fantasy husbentos. I also have a really big base in Subnautica right now.

I also occasionally crochet scarves and make beaded jewelry, but not so much lately.

Attached: randytaffy.png (710x1000, 700K)

Working on new pages for the next chapter of my comic.

Book of Soul
tapas.io/episode/633782

I sing, play piano, and play Smash Bros.

Attached: ColorPage 353.png (743x1134, 344K)

Oh, and I sometimes make card sets for Neonmob.
neonmob.com/creator/megarose
Which is actually something I should recommend more. It's not a really big platform but it IS exposure and there is the potential to make money from it. I've made...about ten dollars? But I've only put out a few sets and it's a side thing in between bigger projects, so I don't know how much potential profit there is in Neonmob if you put more time into it.

Attached: 5s.png (500x500, 427K)

New Space Pack drawing from the other day! Still thinking of a name for her.

I enjoy taking walks, hanging out with friends, video games, building model kits, and.... More drawing!

>Alt Q: Do you ever feel over/under-critical about your own work? How do you combat that?

I'm not extremely critical of my actual work, I'm more critical however of my work ethic. I always feel that I could be doing more.

Oh! You're welcome!! Glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing how you use some new brushes!

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 10.38.29 AM.png (386x514, 117K)

Nobody cares about my hobbies
Nnneat. Gotta check this out.
She looks like an Andrea to me. But not an Andie. Never an Andie.

what is the overall plot for lackadaisy, since i haven't read it yet? i've been thinking of a prohibition webcomic, but don't want to be called a copycat(heh)

i play videogames and read books about snakes

A formerly successful speakeasy falls on hard times when the owner dies, and his widow tries really hard to get them back on track. The employees are varying levels of competent, as are their competition and the police. Crime ensues.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/noughts-and-crosses/list?title_no=195592

Attached: 11.jpg (770x1274, 404K)

>What do you do outside of creating webcomics
nothing except wageslaving, playing dwarf fortress and minecraft, and drawing shit that isn't my webcomic. I'm a pretty boring fuckwad
>Do you ever feel over/under-critical about your own work? How do you combat that?
yes to both of those things. it happens like once or twice a week. I don't try to directly combat either of this things, I just hope the next day I'll feel better. and usually, I do.

He is only gay for JUSTICE.

Thank you so much! Fast as always. Ill think about using that change once I start fixing the previous lines.

Id suggest names but I think normally the author tends to be comfortable only with the names they thought of.

Attached: DwNN5TMUwAAnmWv.jpg (441x444, 20K)

>Nobody cares about my hobbies
You don't know that for sure. You're an user, have a little fun and take a chance

>playing dwarf fortress
That recent steam announcement finally got me to download DF this past week even after watching Vargskelethor's DF streams for ages (waiting for the weekend to play my first session)
Got any funny dwarf stories?

youtube.com/watch?v=85V7aqcwJ3Y&t=24s

>want to ditch the theme of my webcomic because of how pointless, confusing, and restrictive it is for something that should be so simple
>grown so attached to the characters in my comic that I don't just want to completely scrap them

it was very obviously inevitable in hindsight, but still. I'm considering doing a brief story arc thingy as a means of transitioning the theme of my comic strip to something less... "gimmicky", if that's the right way to put it.

it'll be a long time before I actually do anything though, since I'm still figuring out how I should actually pull this off.

pic sort of related, but I drew it a while ago before I came to this conclusion.

Attached: planning stages.png (1920x1200, 1.47M)

Nothing wrong with shifting gears. The best comics have done that.

can't say i'm a fan

Yea Forums and drawing.
Ghadar Adventures, Read it now on Smack Jeeves!
>ghadar.smackjeeves.com/
While Page 13 is on d...
Dear God, its just...
standing there...

Attached: piggydeon.png (501x666, 78K)

i guess mine would be a lot different, then. thank you kindly

no bully the oni

Attached: 181.jpg (500x465, 62K)

Rau is cute! Cute!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-28 co - How's Your Webcomic #551 - Comics Cartoons - 4chan.png (322x291, 87K)

Attached: PIGGYISWATCHINGYOU.png (407x409, 44K)

Not like it's the end, you can still repurpose old characters for the new story.

>I'm considering doing a brief story arc thingy as a means of transitioning the theme of my comic strip to something less
I'd say just put a new page up that opens with, 'Guys, I fucked up bad' and explain that you're rebooting the comic. A sudden serious arc in the same continuity is still going to leave awkward lore you have to work around.
By the way, check it, guess which character the author designed when they were 7.

Attached: prophecy of the circle.jpg (1000x754, 829K)

I could see that! It does kinda fit, huh? Thanks for the suggestion! I've got a character named Andy in the same story, so that would probably be a bit too similar, unfortunately.

I hadn't thought of it that way before! Hm. Well if anything crosses your mind, please feel free to let me know! I only have like, a name or two I've been thinking of so far haha.

Ah yeah you don't want similar names
She also looks like maybe a Mo

Finished this page!

Attached: page 5.png (2250x3300, 3.19M)

Erica
Hanna
Edna (though only if she is really grumpy)

Sin(sinnead)

Those come to mind. I think she looks mostly serious so it cannot be an overly long name, it has to go to the point. But thats just my impression on that picture.

Also Laura or Lana. What names have you thought of?

Writing a comic about magic suddenly coming back into reality and the world having to deal with it.
trying to organize my magic.
basically it's built around certain mental aspects.
like sadism gives you blood magic but you can go full sucidial or something like that

so far all i got is holy magic makes you become invisible as you become more subservient.

black magic is self reliance, but that can develop into becoming a hermit.

dunno. I kinda like that illusion magic gives you narcissim. but it's been hard to figure out.

What's your full list of magics look like?
It might be easier to categorize the mental aspects if you start with the list of magics first and sort the mentalities later.
And it might not be a bad idea to set up your rules at that point, to make sure you know the limits and possible combinations of each aspect

Oh wow, thanks guys! There's a lot of good ones here. I definitely agree, a shorter name would suit best. Personality wise, she's actually pretty easygoing, that was the first picture I drew of her frowning, haha!

I was trying to think of a name that could be both sporty and edgy at the same time, without being too much one or the other. Names like Hannah and Laura, among other common names passed my mind. The one name I was also thinking of was Cassie/Cassidy.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 5.46.18 PM.png (448x570, 165K)

testin some cover stuff
so far the project is called: "that semi gloryhol reboot with robots and fighting"

Attached: testcover.jpg (1240x1748, 581K)

I read european literature, poetry and I'm watching some of Italian musicals. Pinocchio Il Grande Musical was particularly good when it comes to music. You guys need to listen this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=2QI2kb3MgFA&index=5&list=RDcv-gXhyG_8Q

Cassie fits her nicely.

black is my main character's magic
Summoner is his charge's magic
holy
blood
demon (which is kinda like summoning, but's it's evil little sadist imps n' shit you can't really control, just overpower.)
illusionist
geomancy/naturalist
technomancy

I avoided things like esp cause esp is always broken to the point where people just have to right in "ahhh I wasn't mentally strong enough" like that makes any fucking sense.

technomancy starts eroding their personalities and wills
illusionists can lose their grip on reality/become schizoids
black magic can turn you into an hermit, though im not sure what you mean by that
holy magic invisibility/subservient
demon magic will always tend to cause stronger summons = more difficult to control so using it its an ever increasing risk
blood magic turns you... evil?
geomancy turns you into a fucken nerd at first use.

there, my two cents.

black magic is based on the idea of your magic coming strickly from you. the more alone you are, the more power you can draw from it. naturally this nature causes introverts.

basically, it's counter to holy, which is based on faith, or your magic coming from somebody else.

I feel so guilty about taking the opportunities that I have for granted by procrastinating. I don't deserve anything, yet God has given me so much. A lifetime of sloth and stunted social development has made me a sad angry person with the attention span of a retarded monkey. I'm sorry

Attached: 1482446167801.jpg (1500x773, 441K)

hey i dont remember posting this wtf

Attached: 1532663999787.png (171x192, 3K)

Wait, are the types of magic powered by those mentalities, or are the mentalities developed due to the magic? Or is it a combination of both giving a feedback loop? Your wording is a bit odd.

If it was the "developed due to" scenario, you could follow the same idea of the magic producing the mentality that's counterproductive to the magic as a drawback. If I'm following that logic, that would mean holy is power from others = powerless to others; black is self-reliance = paranoia (loss of outward reliance); blood is creation via blood(life) = destruction of [one's own] blood(life) (recklessness and loss of impulse control?); illusion creations of outward [fake] image = loss of self-image (esteem, amnesia, perception); demon is control over others = control over self (addiction, recklessness, short-temper-like); geomancy control over earth/nature = loss of connection to earth/nature (estrangement, destructive, lack of sympathy?); technomancy control over technology/man made material = loss of self control/identity? maybe more prone to hive-mind.

Not sure where else to go with this, but I'm intrigued.
And yeah, ESP is always better to leave out. It's almost always either over powered, or under and then either forgotten or suddenly turned into the KEY TO SALVATION because of plot reasons.

Cass?

Just tell me what do write it about already

Attached: 062.jpg (603x550, 32K)

That looks great.

Halfway through page 3 of 4. I think I can make it if I really hustle tomorrow night. If I can keep up four pages a week, I'm golden!

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg57.png (940x1216, 499K)

Howdy folks, how's the webcomic going?

Attached: chair grayscale.png (1023x1118, 390K)

Whoops, forgot first draft text.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg57.png (940x1216, 536K)

a cute old lady in a little house

Really!! Cool, that's good to hear!

I like it! Think she could definitely go by that!

Same bro except for maybe the last part but I feel like I'm in a really good place to make a comic comfortably and ...im just not...how to rekindle the flame....

>technomancy starts eroding their personalities and wills
that's generic. Technomancy would be finding yourself understanding machines more and people less, and you stop recognizing human emotions
Autism, I guess

This all seems really generic. I wouldn't read this.

Do you have an actual story planned behind this or is it all just worldbuilding?

Who else gives their characters the same hobbies as themselves? Tony draws his very own amateur mangas, he thinks he's going to move to Japan after high school and get rich as a fabulously successful mangaka. The other Laserwing kids are less similar to myself, a bunch of them have music-related talents which I emphatically do not have.

Attached: tonysketches.png (472x556, 80K)

Don't give up, tradfags

Agreed, but it's worldbuilding. They all sound the same when talking about minutia.

It does, but I never saw all of them being applied with real consequences in the same setting.

at what point do you have to just pack it up and say "fuck it, no one's interested"?
i think i'm close to reaching that point

Attached: 1551713386932.png (354x447, 132K)

This week in Mad Magic

Attached: 029.jpg (1200x1673, 1.63M)

Attached: 30.jpg (1200x1673, 1.58M)

are they licensed to drive?

Post comic

I have a story in my head, but not enough world building to flesh it out fully.

Some of my characters were born from my hobbies (cooking, games, science, art). This is an old piece of them.

Attached: Group Shot copy.png (1628x1008, 328K)

I like this idea. It reminds me of a setting I made offhand and never committed to.
Writing differences seem like they would change how this works a lot. For example, I wanted mine to take place in an alternate world, but it sounds like you want the story to be a real-world urban fantasy (I could be wrong?). Neil Gaiman does that well, if you want some inspiration. Also, imagining someone you know personally, or a celebrity you like, and how their magic would interact with the world might help.
Another thing is how the magic ties into the mentality from a theming perspective. For example, I made all the mind-readers autistic so that they could only understand other people by forcibly probing their minds, which gives them a bad reputation as voyeurs. Either the magic or its result should ideally present a significant obstacle for the characters. The strength of said characters would probably be extra important in a setting like this, so I suggest you take some time to think about your MC, his/her goals, and possible antagonist(s). Or you could make a battle manga wannabe with dark psych elements and throw all that crummy thematic/character depth out the window. Hope that helps.

Attached: expert.gif (468x480, 2.01M)

I think of all the creators posting here, you're the one with the best dialog. It's just the right amount of quirky without becoming self indulgent and "Oh look how verbose and selfaware I am!".

Keep it up!

Way to kill a couple people in here lol but what you're saying is true tho.

Oh I don't mean to throw other people under the bus, I've just seen some other webcomics outside of here where everyone has a very quirky style of dialog that felt less like the characters saying it and more like the writer. Can't think of any here that fall into that trap, at least not noticeably.

I think most hyw dialogues are just okay.

how many bee puns are you planning?

i always post my comic, basically every thread...

Attached: 1459349600863.jpg (594x480, 70K)

>quirky dialogue
>the writer not the character
What did he mean by this?

Not that guy, but I have a problem with that in my own writing. I feel too much of myself and how I want to be in the dialogue from time to time many of the characters have no distinct character.

i seen a madman do 20 pages a week for over half a year and he had almost no following at all.
i'm not sure what motivates someone to draw that much, i'm not sure if i should be concerned, disgusted or jealous.

Attached: ywn have this mans drive.jpg (500x137, 8K)

>I want to be good at drawing and writing
>I'll make a comic for myself and see how I'll get better over time
>hate social media and dont really want to have a following
It's not that hard to understand

None since he uses mainly mosquitoes.

And because i've used up most of them on Beeatrice anyhow.

fair enough

your art sucks and seeing you on the /aco/ commissions thread is cringe

this is really mean

I mean he needs to tighten his anatomy and perspective and foreshortening up a bitt, but that seems kinda harsh.

I think "I did not quite hear your command" sounded more impossing and to the point, and fits the panel and the intimidation more. But it might just be me. I admit the reference to being deafened by the gun is nice though.

>shit anatomy
>shit colors
>shit fetishes
>shit attitudes toward others in his field
>every one in the commissions thread says he's scammed them

First 3 obviously are subjective and im not necessarily disagreeing over them cause i havent seen the latter 2 and the anatomy i already said he could tighten up, but those last 2 intrigue me.

Got a quick rundown?

>mean
>harsh
you obviously haven't been here very long, insults like these are just the norm around here, you just gotta let it fuel you instead of hurt you.

>shit attitudes toward others
lucy is an absolute prick. he got kicked out of the discord cause he tried saying every other artist sucked, and pointed out problems with other peoples art, that his own art had. He kept harassing mods, and was generally the most hated person in the server, not even dewd was this bad. there's so much more that isn't coming to mind right now, but lucy is probably the worst person I've had to associate with in this community.

>scams
id gladly dig through the commissions thread and screenshot some stuff but I cant right now, I can get back to you on that.

Been there, felt that. Took a while before I concluded that the comic wouldn't draw itself.
tapas.io/episode/1365824

Today I fear there's people only staying alive to read my comic.

Interesting.

I wanna go down this rabbit hole, seems juicy.

laundry posted this one in the discord a couple weeks ago

Attached: unknown.png (493x258, 58K)

why do people hate you so much though?

I find my real life too boring to include much about it, and it's much more fun drawing characters doing poor drawings rather than good ones

I try to separate my characters from myself a lot, to not become clouded in my judgement of them. At best I gave one of them my same beard.

He's certainly betrayed me before, but I still think he's a good person inside. He's just tainted by his environment and thinks it's screw-or-be-screwed. I've met lots of those.

i feel like the last panel is kind of an awkward placement

what may have worked better is making it bigger and stretching it across the entire bottom or just removing it, as it's already shown that beard guy is intimidated, and showing it a second time with no dialogue is a little awk

that or you could stretch it across the bottom and bleed the dialogue into that panel

I made a billion self-inserts when I was a little kid, I think I got all of that out of my system. I made one last one as a teenager, but the intention there was just to be a mascot/avatar for a website I was planning to make. The personality actually suited the character, just lazing around and talking about media. For most interesting fictional stories, I'd be a terrible thing to insert.

dude your art and writing is peepee poopoo, i doubt anyone is staving off suicide to read this. learn some anatomy and fundamentals (read: LOOMIS) and go at it again

Nah I'm fine.

stop posting anyday trannymom

I adore this comic more than words can tell. It's so densely everything I remember from the early 2000s, and I need that today more than ever.

I dont hate dewd but he is annoying. He spams his comics every thread, he completely refuses to take well-meaning advice on how to improve his art and comics, and his art (and writing) have not improved in like, 4-5 years. This makes people even more annoyed when he spams his comic. Talking to him in discord servers or anything like that about his art is equally annoying, as he'll dodge it or ignore advice, all while spamming his eyesore art, which is often doubly cringy because he attempts to make it sexy. This merry go round of frustration is what tends to get him kicked out of like, every chat server /hywc/ has had, all the way back from the skype days. Dewd is a super frustrating person, though i'll say he's always been pleasant the times i've spoken to him on other things, and there is something to be said about his refusal to give up, I just wish he'd try to learn while not giving up, and I think he would be really successful.

Attached: 1502830943074.png (214x225, 92K)

Little of this post is true, mostly the beginning and end.

that attitude is why you haven't improved since your first strip. I'd tell you to enjoy your mediocrity, but you're not quite good enough to be called mediocre

I cant talk about his attitude toward advice or in discord, but I dont think he spams his art on the threads lately, at least no more than the rest.

not me. but suffer anyway :^)

Attached: 20190329_130534~2.jpg (771x1155, 92K)

I would be genuinely sad if anything about this comic changed, except maybe slight improvements to art. but even that is a monkey's paw desire, because in these situations, something is always lost in the process.

Well okay nudity would also be a welcome change.

>(read: LOOMIS)

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 52K)

I live under a rock in certain aspects. But I don't feel like I've missed much.

Okay.

imagine thinking that free and helpful artbooks aimed at learning gesture and how to structure human figures is somehow brainlet

this is sad, get help.

Thank you for the comment, I appreciate it.

Attached: 001.jpg (1557x1000, 277K)

hahaahh you don't need a big book of scribbles to learn how arms work

>He spams his comics every thread
It's called having a good work ethic.

What’s the best update schedule for a comic that posts in big chunks? I’m not interested in being one of those comics that does two pages a week, our plan is to post more infrequently but give people something to binge, y’know? Any advice on how to do that?

Attached: E7280A90-4142-4F92-B68C-39F4FE668A2A.jpg (772x1024, 228K)

he's got you there
even if his artstyle is terrible and no one likes it but him

First monday in the month, or first and third, for 12 or 24 updates per year.
Or the 13th and 31st (the months there is a 31) for 19.

From what I gather, that is a very risky move with no meaningful payoff. Hosting sites grant visibility based on update frequency not update volume, and readers generally want a steady flow rather than buckshot. You would need a fair amount of recognition and credibility to pull it off.

I know that feeling exactly. The rock is comfy.

This comes up every so often. I always suggest that instead of a chapter a month, you give out half-chapters fortnightly, or quarter-chapters weekly. Basically whatever works best for your comic.
What matters most is, when someone visits your site, they should see the first of the unread batch of pages. this comic I like a lot called Element always spoils things, because there's no updates for a long time, then suddenly you're looking at the 8th page of an 8-page update and you have to go back, all laid out on the site and the archive as if they were the more typical twice-weekly updates. Good for binging, bad for up-to-date readers. You can put multiple pages on one page if you want to do it that way, works great for The Sisters (well, their old site format. tapas is basically doing the same thing on a worse site)

Valid warning. I just have a really hard time following webcomics that do the tiniest little smidge twice a week, I don’t want the Paranatural Problem. I’ve thought about the alternative of Homestuck Style, and a little bite every day or so.

Super good to think about. The way we have it now (And we’ll have to figure out a better solution once we’re posting our second story), but the front page of the website links to each part and the newest parts have a NEW next to it.

It’s annoying frankly, I wish I could dump monthly. I just recently realized that for the past six months, my updates to Tapas have not been getting real exposure, since I only updated a larger chapter rather than having each update be it’s own episode. The system is built for lots of small updates it seems. You need good quality work at a decent speed. Honestly it can all be placed at the altar of pacing. Pacing and bad writing cause the problems. The update schedule just tends to shadow that correlation—Updates have to be story beats, and there are countless struggling artists out there willing to pump content out quickly, hitting story beats faster than the rest of the herd. Consumers are insatiable.

Agreed. It’s amazing how different the demands of comic writing are compared to prose. I thought I was a cool dude until I started writing this comics dialogue on the page—every sentence feels bloated and painful. It’s a educational, to say the least.

You’re absolutely right. I think I’ll just axe it. Like you said, it’s resundant and awkward.

It's not a good work ethic if all the work you make is low-quality.

Hm. Update monthly by:
1. Draw comics for three weeks.
2. On week 4, dump comics one page per day to keep it high on the recents list.
Repeat.

I would love to see that work; God speed. And as someone else mentioned I think, you can coalesce past updates into big chapters to organize them as they should naturally be. Update with new readers in mind and archive with loyal readers in mind.

... I think I said that right.

Isn't it normal to see everyone's comics get updated in every thread?

the user literally complimented your work ethic in the post you quoted, did you even read it?

typical dewd

Anyone else having trouble with webtoons?
I'm trying to upload the next chapter of my comic there but the page images just don't load, and I keep logging out every time I click to go somewhere different on the site.

Attached: file.png (415x349, 167K)

used to be
We hear people now worrying that they'll seem too spammy if they post every one of their pages
and they post like every 9 days

I really want to make this comic work as pure black and white linework- but I'm not sure this is readable.

I'm going to put tones in to see how it'll look, but any feedback on this for now? Thank you

Attached: test page 2.png (1324x1000, 555K)

It's really good. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

It is readable, but more solid grays would help, even just one single gray. You're doing a ton of great stuff with hatching, and this is still good as-is (I mean I don't have to tell you that, you're motherfuckin harro) but... just that bit of gray would push it to "I don't even care that this isn't colored" territory.

I'd settle for a bit more tones to differentiate the foreground terrain from the background in the panels with just the sky and grass.

/hyw/ powerlevel chart when?

Just finished the page for my new chapter

Attached: x17.jpg (663x1100, 191K)

Got it published!
New chapter here and got a bunch of pages there!

webtoons.com/en/challenge/erin-the-disappointment/the-gifted/viewer?title_no=205571&episode_no=7
Main page: webtoons.com/challenge/dashboardEpisode?titleNo=205571

Attached: file.png (800x1280, 1.25M)

Got it published!
New chapter here and got a bunch of pages there!

Main page: webtoons.com/en/challenge/erin-the-disappointment/list?title_no=205571

Attached: 74.jpg (800x1280, 239K)

>god tier
illuminated
>bottom tier
everyone else
>shit tier
me

thank you! I will make more!
Yeah I think you're right- I've got two versions- I think "test page 4" is the best so far

Attached: test page 3.png (1324x1000, 1.02M)

Attached: test page 4.png (1324x1000, 715K)

these look good, I don't think it matters if the gray is a tone or not.

what are these godly inks?

keep garbage tier box free for one cancrizans please

go to bed illuminated
gonna share a few of my latest pages

Attached: 015.png (940x6110, 1.55M)

I thought more about characters from webcomics or artist/writer powerlevel chart.

not familiar with harro's work? you're in for at least two treats, and as many as four

here's another

Attached: 016.png (940x3531, 929K)

this last one's a wip

no, I've never seen it, where do I read it?

Attached: pg17_smol.png (940x3760, 510K)

Bless your heart, and I thought you were shit-stirring.

hey thank you!

Your comics are really cool- I don't think I've seen anything like them before? Do you have a site?

And I have links at my twitter to the comics I do- @harrodeleted

okay first you've gotta start with Demon's Mirror
demonsmirror.com/page/344
then for sure A Better Place tapas.io/episode/87972

what are the other two? you mentioned four

I don't remember! But it came up last thread.

Oh man I don't have the bird but I've bookmarked, it's incredible and inspiring stuff

Hey, you want in the discord by any chance?

(my comic's here tapas.io/series/Flesh-Kernel)

thank you

pic unrelated goodlove fanart

Attached: bossfite_smol.png (1000x1000, 186K)

be warned, tumblr has deleted some pages and I have no idea how to put them back in. It's really awful, but there are pages that are just *gone*.

Demon's mirror is up on tapastic, and that should be complete-!

it's so disheartening finding out that all of these people with their own URLs, that I thought had their own websites, were just modified tumblrs all this time.

Got any tips on how your personal process when do these grayscales? Im gearing up to start mine soon and i want to play around with maybe doing stuff like this.

believe me I'm the most disappointed! This is the year I make my own website, because god, having an external site just crap out on you is a terrible feeling.

Super simple here, just using a masking layer to "paint" on the grayscale. You could of course just paint on it under the inks. The biggest trick is finding the right level of "grey" you want to use!

Is that a dick analogy?

Don't forget StarHammer. It's great. I should know. I write it!

starhammercomic.com

Attached: SH_09_030_inks (1).png (4440x2988, 2.84M)

I think it's an elephant...

That's what I asked

Attached: file.png (1114x1600, 1.58M)

I'm still making ringo! For a while my ip range was banned as Yea Forums sometimes does but I'm still here!

Attached: page6.jpg (900x1165, 1.03M)

>when you overcompensate for nopants with fourpants

kek

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 7.15.16 PM.png (320x554, 396K)

Are we still aloud to draw lewd fan art of some of the comics here and post it, cuz I did a rough animation of the chick from squire for hire

if it's too lewd for Yea Forums you've gotta post it on /aco/ or somewhere, then link it here.

Do you think a boob jiggle would be too lewd even if she's wearing clothes, i dont think ive been on aco before

no, I have a big nose

Attached: mngkgj.png (744x581, 52K)

Tbh I like the goth look on her

no
not sure what you think Yea Forums's standards are

glad you like it user

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 8.08.59 PM.png (308x594, 194K)

Make sure the creator of said comic won't be creeped out first. Some people find it flattering but others think it's rude.

creator already outlined that.

Oh true, though I'm pretty sure last thread he said it was okay, I'll look through it again to make surw

Why is it rude

Sounds like it's fine then!

Do you go up to people you don't know well and tell them you wanna fuck them? Of course not, it's intrusive and nobody asked for your dick's opinion. Showing someone porn of their character is basically telling them you wanna fuck that character. There are social contexts where this is okay or even wanted (if it's a character the artist is already making porn of, for example) but sometimes it's a really bad idea. If it's an underage character, for example. Or the artist's self-insert. Or the art you drew is for a really niche fetish the artist isn't into. Nobody can stop you from making lewd art but intentionally showing it to the creator is something you should ask about first.

I don't like the way you think, but it's worse that you project it onto others.

You don't like to consider basic manners in human interaction? I guess that's why you're on Yea Forums.

Imagine thinking that you need permission from someone to present r34

when I hear "manners" what I really hear is "We've taught a large group to be hurt by something that, in the absence of that programming, would not affect them"
I just lit a match, you taught frankenstein FIRE BAD

>this is the person who showed Jhonen incest porn based on his sister and got assblasted when he didn't want to sign it

I know, isn't it horrible when people don't consider others? Dipshit.

I really regret considering not posting that, why are there two of you.

Attached: 1347134673229.png (497x501, 510K)

My stance is super liberal when it comes to lewds. Go right ahead my dude.

Yes, society's real problem is being civil to one another and if everyone would just redpill themselves your socially awkward bullshit would be okay.

Do what you want, the point isn't that you can't, the point is that you should know what could happen. If you wanna embarass yourself in front of an artist whose work you enjoyed, be our guest.

Sounds like the artist from the original question has the clear, I dunno why you're assmad about a non-issue like this.

I'm kinda in this guys corner. I'm well aware that no matter what people are going to make porn of stuff they like and crying out against it will always encourage more. I personally find it flattering but I also understand why being shown it would be off putting. I gotta agree that if someone just whipped some out at me without warning I'd be a little taken aback. That being said I don't expect written permission every time someone wants to draw fanart.

I know you think you're helping, that's why I'm not mad. It just saddens me that you're genuinely unaware that you make things worse.
The more consideration and leeway you give, in the name of "politeness," the more people are inhibited and taught to feel bad. A person who was fine with something and hears their "feelings" were being considered, rather than something sensible like their welfare, starts questioning things they never should have, wondering if maybe they OUGHT to be more ashamed. It's like passive-aggressive peer pressuring. Think how many people didn't even know they were fat until someone said "hey be careful what you say, she might be sensitive about her weight"
tldr: asking persmission is fine, but unnecessary. Reprimanding another person and warning them to ask permission? you're just sticking your nose where it doesn't go, and leaving a nose print. And if you don't look around you in the world of 2019 and see way too damn many nose prints, I just don't know what to say.

>Think how many people didn't even know they were fat until someone said "hey be careful what you say, she might be sensitive about her weight"
What the fuck are you talking about

Do you think if everyone let you be rude you wouldn't be fat

Do you really think people don't know if they're fat or not

Like can you give me a flowchart on what your autism is trying to tell us, I'm not qualified to teach special ed.

I love this reaction image, thank you

>chrischan presenting megan with the drawing of him fucking her
Just a drawing bro

>greentext
Please tell me this isn't real

I've been trying to improve my art. How do I improve these, especially the profile picture?

Attached: export.png (1138x349, 17K)

Try to make it closer to real life faces.

post before picture (what you're improving off of)

It's time to start making your faces out of shapes! You'll usually want to start with a circle and add on another shape for the jaw (coming down at a particular angle jaws come down at), with the nose-mouth part sticking out in front of the face, at the amount that nose-mouth-areas stick out. You actually did a pretty okay job with the overall shape of the brow in profile and the cheek-chin part in the front and side view, but you've totally chopped off your cranium, and the ears are way too far forward.
Go ahead and try right now to make the construction lines, feel free to show us. it'll be really easy to tell you how to fix it.

I have more, but these are everything I have on this computer.

Attached: Sha.png (1600x2558, 148K)

I think the main issue with your piece is that the heads are all disproportional. The chin is much pointier on the left and the head is much smaller as a whole on the right.

I think what would really help is if you looked up some guides on how to construct a head. There's tons of how-to-draw books and internet guides that can help you. A quick google search got me this image. Honestly references are going to be your best friend

Attached: C4-F6.jpg (600x206, 79K)

Another tip from the blathering guy earlier, it looks like you're varying your feature arrangements a lot to see what looks best? To me, bottom-left of the top five, and bottom-right of the bottom eleven are the two where you got a decent mix of features (don't forget that a face that's turned needs its nose turned even more, that's perspective!)
Also, this is just a style suggestion, but while two nostrils is a perfectly okay way to represent a nose viewed from the front, I think it's nicer to draw the under-nose-shape. It's similar to a kitty's nose, since the hairless part on their face is homologous to the underneath part of our nose, and the front angle makes it the same shape.

I have been using circles and lines, I just suck. I drew the last one really quickly to show what I do.

Attached: Poop art.png (1600x1425, 130K)

This helps a lot. We can see one really important issue right away: line control. You don't have it yet.
You can't do anything that's even okay until you can start making controlled straight lines and shapes, so practice that. When you can make circles that are even, and angles that are the same angle over and over, you'll be ready.

start by looking at real faces
i'm not saying that you gotta be making something photo realistic but using faces as reference helps you understand proportions

Post it already!

The videos I watched about drawing said to just draw circles by making a bunch of tiny curved lines, are you saying not to do that? And is there any advice for being able to replicate angles?

Genuinely interested in seeing this. You post it anywhere yet?

do you post your comic when you're finished or do you make some in advance so you don't miss update schedules?

proko? You should probably stick to books.

'a bunch' is the key word. Not just one circle, but many on top of each other until you can see where the real circle is. Obviously a perfect circle isn't actually that important for the construction phase, but right now you'll be using it for your guide to keeping everything from being misshapen and uneven.
as for straight lines and even angles, you just have to practice. It's just motor skills, the same as when you learned to walk or eat with a spoon.

Me too. Everyone's cute in that comic. I want to be the groundskeeper at that school and provide hugs and sage advice to students and faculty.

Go for a lot of pages in advanced so you can have that buffer post them here before you post them up so we can tell you any mistakes there might be.

Should I be drawing the ears on the actual edge of the circle? When I tried that, it seemed to make the face too wide.

nah you'll slowly realize that heads are narrower than they are long/high. Traditionally this is done by taking two slices off of the sides of the sphere, but your ears and jaw are even narrower than THAT part of the skull
And that is the key, if you feel your face, your ears are loosely connected to the jaw apparatus, so that tells you where to place them, both how far back and how high (also thinking about glasses, and where the ears of the glasses would go)

i just noticed, nice triple dubs

upload on Tapas damn it

sonichu.com/cwcki/ShecameforCWC.JPG
know your Christory

Would I get a bigger audience there? I feel like there's not a lot of traffic there on Webtoons, either that or I'm really just that unnoticed.

Can't really do dialogue that well yet.

Attached: Twin Genie Ch1P0.png (1000x1232, 1.01M)

How do I figure out the layout of the panels beforehand, specifically for pacing the story?
WiP

Attached: Twin Genie Ch1P1 WiP.jpg (1000x771, 383K)

>HAHAHA a guy drew himself touching a girl! What an autistic freak!
>Now for a totally appropriate level of attention paid to this, including a detailed bullet-point list of exactly WHY this drawing isn't very good.

exactly like this, sketching it out as a layout. then you can move bits around, resize, change it until you like how it looks.

Thanks, I thought I was doing it wrong for some reason

Dunno, but Id follow it. So you would get one (1) reader more.

You can certainly put less detail into these preliminary bits, but this way they can double as your base sketch for when you start things up in earnest after your layout is decided.
Some people do very very simplistic thumbnails because they really just want to get the scene angles nice and varied. that's more like storyboarding. If you're working one page at a time though, this is fine.

what difference does it make which site you visit to read this comic? what's wrong with your habits?

Are the layouts any different?

Is it better to do them all at one time opposed to doing it one-by-one, or is that just a workflow preference?

as you write your character more you'll figure out how you want them to act
but first make sure you know what they want overall, want at the moment, and how does this dialog contribute to the plot

I just like to follow everything on the same site so I can save clicks to check out updates.

Sorry your feelings got hurt, Chris!

not really, both of them are vertical scrolling, both require another click after visiting the site to see the latest comic, webtoons is just less glitchy.

It's really all about how much you need your pages to flow together. Like if you're ever going to go "oh damn, I really should have shown the LEFT side of that building in page 2, because here in page 4 it's going to look way better showing the front view" or something... then yeah, plan that all out ahead. If not? Fuckit.

So you only read webcomics on Tapas? Nobody else here who are on any other site?
You just go to tapas directly, staying logged in, and let it show you which ones have updated?

Yep. I read Racoon Girl too who had its own site but havent checked updates in a while.

Take this

Attached: 1367853015124.jpg (1024x539, 307K)

Only made it to three pages our of four this week, and this recent one leaves a lot to be desired. I lost out on a few days due to frustratingly doting family, but I'm confident that I can rack up four next week.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg57.png (940x1216, 603K)

It's not Sunday yet user

update
tapas.io/episode/1361171

Attached: page10.png (930x1315, 320K)

hay guys I just randomly got inspired to draw something based someone else's misinterpretation of a sprite in a game, in the middle of another drawing I was doing, and it was going to be unrelated to anything.. and then I realized it could work great in my next webcomic sideproject (yknow the zelda one), so I thought I might run it by you guys
If this was a variation on a kaepora gaebora helper owl, what would his name be?

Attached: owl kid.png (1840x1276, 75K)

trippy!
point of odor: the umbrella seems to be casting a shadow based on the 2d silhouette as viewed from the side, but shouldn't it cast more of a circular shadow given the angle of the sun?

yes, the shadows are all over the place
but thank you for pointing that out, i will look out for it

Fuck off pedo.

Not sure about a name, but the design is cute!

What is the beef with ColdFusion

Working on more environments. This one is a "Hypergate" that allows small spacecraft that aren't equipped with hyperdrives to jump between various destinations in relatively short spans of time. This one in particular was made by the Vegabond faction so it's really patched together and unstable.

Attached: hypergate.png (960x540, 763K)

What's the point of developing hyperdrives in larger spacecrafts if this machine exists?

sometimes it's rendang
I adore the junk-futuristic look of a lot of the stuff you make. Of course it's a big conveyor-belt-lookin' thing with a big sign on it. I bet if you got up really close, there'd be a tiny sign letting you know the maximum height allowable for clearance, and periodically space-semis smash into it because they didn't read that.
sounds like larger ones wouldn't fit, and you'd still want to have the ability to go anywhere you want, instead of being limited to gates

That's sort of like asking what the point of semi trucks/cargo ships are when you have airplanes. Hypergates have very limiting size restrictions, aren't very cost effective and are only present in densely crowded areas. So they're fine for civilians or casual mercenaries but an out of system mining vessel, a space yacht travelling to the owner's private planet, an exploration probe, or military warship would definitely not be able to rely on them. They sort of double as toll booths as well so they aren't efficient for commercial use.

There's a point within the story when the main cast has to venture to the sun and since that's an area that's entirely unpopulated there's no hypergates so it takes significantly longer to get there.

Thanks! I really wanted it to look like a speed powerup in a racing game mixed with a cat scan machine. The weird purple censor thing at the very front relays all of the restrictions and travel guidelines directly to a ship's computer and allows the pilot to choose their destination. Some of the small monitors on the gate would have warnings and stuff too kind of like a carwash, so you got that right.

Attached: Wipeout 2097 (E).png (324x221, 140K)

Making good progress on the 26th chapter of Oni x Fox! We'll soon be back to the main story. Thought I'd share this drawing from it, because I'll have to change the expression of Hiseo here for the finished page.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 11.52.38 PM.png (509x334, 99K)

I've also been working on minor brand logos to populate ads and monitors throughout the Vegabond's environments since they're extremely consumerist. Still trying to get the feel for mimicking 90s graphic design, some of these feel more authentic than others. Lots of references and puns here.

Attached: logos.png (1409x1791, 1.04M)

Here's a background I'm working on that will require a ton of these logos. It's "Explorable" so only small sections will be visible at a time.

Attached: Sargasso station explorable comp.png (2150x316, 628K)

Quick Yea Forums I need a response on something imperative to a comic's success- Would you fall in love with these characters?

Attached: both.png (1145x1831, 873K)

Maybe, tell more about them.

WIP.

Going to try to set up a site on Comic Fury for it, maybe start a Patreon once I actually have more to show for it.

Attached: VolcanoPage02.png (1800x2480, 3.07M)

>Sargasso Station
Star Fox reference?
youtube.com/watch?v=EC4ztEjRlqU

Guy is a bloodthirsty alien and enjoys fighting to test his abilities, but is kind of an idiot and has trauma from being experimented on when he was younger.
Girl is a stereotypical waif, stoic but is prone to ending up in peril. A fairly nice person but also sort of dumb.

I'm mostly just worried about character designs.

guy sounds like a sterotypical shonen character

That's the reason he's the secondary protagonist.

Girl needs more work then

These character designs are very good and memorable. I like the contrast between the duo! They have a lot of appeal.

From a character design stand point or a personality stand point? The description I provided is very simplified, if I went into more depth she's describable as a severely depressed person who willingly let herself be recycled into a walking weapon just so she could be lobotomized and taken over by another entity in order to run away from her past.
Thanks, it's difficult to actually critically evaluate your work yourself.

Personality wise, but you'll probably refine it as you work further on your comic

>I'm mostly just worried about character designs.
off the top of my head and without any actual experience at character design,
something to make the girl's clothes look less monotone like differently colored pants. If it's actually a jumpsuit, something about the waist to break it up-fanny pack, scarf worn as a belt?
Something in her hair? Long hair.
This is all in a vacuum, though. Her design could very well be fine in motion.

Make the alien's horn things more threatening, definitely.
Change the neck floof to be more angular? Like a stag, forward-jutting.
Longer hair, to evoke a mane.
How much clothing is he wearing? His feet look boot-shaped.
He also has very soft features for a big scary fight man.

Attached: stag-cream_grande.jpg (600x600, 39K)

He's putting his trip on now to try and make it look like it WASN'T him being a sperg earlier in the thread. He's a gross autist that nobody likes.

Don't speak for everyone. I like his art. And i don't like this ongoing crusade against him.

I think the girl's forehead is bit big and the guy needs more muscle definition. But yeah they look cute and handsome.

>being this obsessed with cf
I think you're the autist here, user, and I for one like you less than I like him.

nice
I like the girl's head/face area
just make sure she has earned the main character slot by always taking action, making decisions and moving the plot forwards. it would be easy for her to get overshadowed by shounen man otherwise

i like his art too. though he needs a writer

i really hate how i dont have anybody to talk about my comic idea, family and irl friends are a hard no for obvius reasons. Whilist people i know on the internet really like being a bunch of goody2shoes and "like" the ideas i tell them, i really would like someone that doesnt hold it and fucking tears my ideas apart telling me they suck and how.

any idea can be good. its the execution that matters. for good critique you really need to go as far as rough drafts and get writer people to pick them apart.

>fucking tears my ideas apart telling me they suck and how.
Some people here will do that for you, just ask for it and don't whine when you get it.

> like being a bunch of goody2shoes and "like" the ideas i tell them
Sometimes it's hard to tell someone their idea sucks and not feel like you ruined their motivation and crushed their soul, from a personal experience at least.
Also with art and writing ideas being subjective, it's hard to tell when a vaguely described idea is truly bad or "just not [your] thing".

Seems reasonable, im really afraid my idea is stupid/non original to actually start working on it
Guess if i ever reach the skill level to start it i will make some concept art related to lore and the general feeling of the plot and post it here.

I mean I do that too, i tried to read one on a site a user made and the interface was so bad that I just never wanted to try a different site again, though webtoon is my favourite I never see people from here post on it

>start working on it
thats the best way to find out. start writing an outline and youll figure out if it works or not before youre finished.

Thats quite the shocked expression for such a stoic character, I wonder whats going on there.

freakanimes.com/habiti/comic/ch2-p4/

Attached: ch2_pg4-1.jpg (3035x4299, 3.79M)

Drafts of the next pages. Going to try for four next week.

Alas, this was a Saturday--Saturday period.

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg58.png (940x1216, 605K)

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg59.png (940x1216, 654K)

title drop

it sounds like you want people to be honest, but not too honest? there's no better place for honest opinions than here,

user from before here, the lighting really adds to the scenario, i think- good work!

so why isnt frowny brow king?

A principle question of the story. I'm hoping to comprehensively answer that over time. For now, it is enough to say that he has no claim and he is devoted to traditions that have made it such that Edgardo is King and he is not.

i would keep the boy's pants the darker shade of blue at all times for further contrast

i like his character a lot, i've got a soft spot for lawful neutrals

Life aint that easy, and neither are royalty heir lines.

Its pretty much the axiom of stories like this that the King's advisors or second-in-commands are more competent than the King and/or are the ones getting the veritable "shit done."

Need a name for a Skynet like network. Got any ideas?

be very annoying and make it a parody of google or apple
that's witty 10 years ago!

I named my cellphone assistant Udrei, I think it sounds really cool. I give you the patent for the name.

The Cloud

Futhark.

Maybe tell us a bit more?
I feel the obvious names are probably taken, stuff like "The Cluster", "Umbrella Corporation" or something. Think of it as an actual company before "taking over the world".
>"Cloud Incorporated"
>"Skytrac"
>"Black Box (inc.)"

These thread should honestly have more events.

like the runes writing? is cool.

Can other media steal your webcomic name or characters?

The patent thing was a joke. As for your question, I guess they totally can? No clue.

Well, there's an inescapable Alphabet company in our timeline.

Woodies 096: The Impostors Part 5
tapas.io/episode/1365433

> What do you do outside of creating webcomics? (Hobbies, interests, etc)
I usually play videogames when I have time to. Really into Sekiro right now. I also like to run and hike on weekends if the weather is nice.

Attached: Woodies 096 full.png (1000x4914, 1.19M)

>These thread should honestly have more events.
Elaborate.
If other folks like your ideas it might happen.

testing some stuff

Attached: test1.jpg (767x1082, 230K)

Oni x Fox drawing I finished last night!

I agree! I think it's a bit too extreme for him, I'll need to dial it down, haha!

Attached: HiseoHead_OxF.png (1200x1200, 359K)

The one on the left for sure (forehead's a little big and high though)

sargasso is a sea and the seaweed that grows in it.

I see someone else besides me learned to draw animals from pokemon

>These are the people in your neighborhood, in your neighborhood

Someone here was talking about character popularity polls and I was really into the idea. so I opened a poll on my website. cast your vote.

devilsmoon.net/

Attached: 18draft.png (624x887, 536K)

It's a little early to make any decisions on this one.

I can't seem to figure out how to export it without Yea Forums saying the file is unsupported or something but I'll post the gif(though for some reason the gif looks like shit when I share it in messenger but looks fine when I play it on my phone?) It seems to be cutting out a bunch of frames

Thankyou daffy dutch for saying it was okay to make

Attached: .gif (768x1366, 1.19M)

Like this.

Attached: 1551742034503.jpg (332x269, 21K)

itll run for a couple months. it's a little early to make a choice with any of the ghost hunters. I wish I could find a polling service that allowed multiple choice, and then you could rank your choices. it would make it alot easier than just picking ONE character.

Is this your comic? It looks really cute, if its not than sauce plz

Hi, I hope everyone has a fun weekend. Here are 2 new pages. Please check the Engilsh, please.

1/2

Links:
deviantart.com/julia012
tapas.io/series/Utsukishi-Rosaura
mangaido.com/en/u/julka_dru/series

Attached: 3p11.png (724x1036, 426K)

*of the king

2/2

Attached: 3p12.png (736x1042, 249K)

thanks!

boioioioing
Remember when technology was simple, and everything just supported the basic file types?

>Maybe tell us a bit more?

It's your stereotypical AI with massive power and an army but instead of turning against humanity it/he aids in on occasion but fucks off to space most of the time to avoid scaring people. This is because the core of his initial programming was focused solely on comprehending things from humanity's perspective and do it perfectly to avoid any lapses in understanding that would cause it to harm anyone like most 'antagonistic' machines do. I only really compared it to skynet because that's really the closest thing I could use to describe it.

This has a lot more errors

yeah I appreciate that in any polls.

that's what* it looks like
or "that's how it looks"
...gain my position and the king's respect
or 'and the respect the king has for me'
briefing*
the* king (generally don't capitalize king unless you're adding his name afterwards)
comma after himself and composure
nevermind is one word
I'm not sure what you're going for with the sentence after never mind that. maybe "He spoke briefly and to the point" (Are you talking about him talking?
in a* cell
Might as well put a period after 'them' and start a new sentence "Lastly, he passed on his orders"

Sounds more like the anti-AM
I'll be interested in this story for sure.

thank you!

Never knew this many people would catch the reference.

I really like this panel.

Attached: oodpanel.png (944x416, 68K)

That works, but I specifically had the Super-Sargasso Sea in mind when naming it. Since that's a purposed dimension that collects "all lost things"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Sargasso_Sea

The Vegabonds are a collection of outcasts, pariahs and vagrants, and Sargasso Station is where people go to officially join them. So in a sense they collect "all lost things"

the name also alludes to the existing sea mentioned which is near the Bermuda triangle.

good perspective.

Cloud Fusion

Pretty good, but instead of 'cloud' maybe something a little more ominous and harsh. Something that highlights the unfeeling robotic nature of a machine network. Something like 'cold' maybe

Cold Fusion Network

All female humans are forced to use menstrual cup

Newest Page is ready:
deviantart.com/josephx83/art/Getting-Ready-Page-17-791502595

Let me know what you think.

Attached: Page 17.jpg (1280x1979, 559K)

The solid blacks look great. Some nice technical stuff, but also some strangely amateur mistakes; heads seem to be a bit too large (or too long) in some panels. Hands are very tiny a lot of times, bottom left panel is terribly unconvincing. The woman sort of looks like a midget in the scene, and it also looks like she's hovering above and in front of the toilet rather than kneeling on it.

Thanks,
The toilet will be altered if we redo the page in the future.
The large heads are a stylistic choice, but the arms and legs were missed. So thanks for pointing it out.

The first panel is a challenge in a technical level, and I appreciate that, but you fucked up the perspective. The closer the two characters are to us in the foreground, the further from us they should be in the mirror.

Perspective is off in the first panel. The two figures in the middle of the frame should be "further away" from their reflections than the two figures to the sides. You need to shrink the reflections of the center characters significantly: their reflections should be the objects furthest from our perspective, but you've drawn them as if they're close to us than the two figures to the side.

Is this a tg fetish comic

It's a tg comic, but I am trying to skip the fetish part (Is that possible?)

sometimes a story about a man turning into a woman is about women being hot, not a tf fetish

okay this is getting weird, far too many unrelated webcomics i follow are giving me different kinds of the-system-is-down type errors, including a few from here and a few high-profile ones like PBF

Page 13th added! now lemme take a rest
>ghadar.smackjeeves.com/comics/2769227/page-13/

Attached: Panel10.png (629x446, 40K)

Why not just write a comic about hot women, then

Godspeed with that, user. As-is it's got fetish written all over it. Hope you're able to work it out.

>Why not just write a comic about hot women, then
sometimes you want to write about a guy getting let in on places only ladies are allowed in, or a woman with more of a guy's way of looking at things

What

>Why not just write a comic about hot women, then
Few reasons:
One) people aren't interested in woman having a harmless woman's night out. Even woman.
Two) I'm a guy, so if people have issues with the way the character acts, than it's easier to deflect that issue.
Three) tg has a built-in audience, so it's all but guarenteed that at least one other person will read or follow the comic.

youtube.com/watch?v=V2bbnlZwlGQ
it's just cozy

A sketch from A Story Of Fire/oni girls comic/Rau the elficorn: Prince Sutak in his oni form.

The idea of the villain pulling the same transformation the protagonist has but in a more monstruous way its the hypest shit to me.

Attached: D28iFLeWwAIgmo8.jpg large.jpg (1536x2048, 1.09M)

Oh! Thank you!

>tfw planned to have cool immersive animations in my comic similar to homestuck because there weren't many others that did that
>flash is dying and there's basically no alternatives so far aside from html5 which is shitty, and compressed youtube embeds
is it really too late bros

Attached: ghffhgfhg.png (675x547, 50K)

html5 is amazing, it's just nobody is using it
i'm still using flash, user. i'll still look at your comic.. but maybe it'd be best to export each flash thing as a small animated gif?

isn't html5 a lot slower? the gif thing seems like it'd take a much longer amount of time and would probably get pretty tedious

Fanart for Stones of Anarchy. i cri evrytiem

Attached: soulsofanarchy.png (1920x1200, 749K)

it's what homestuck did

>i'm still using flash
majority of exploits for windows in the past 2 years have all been adobe flash exploits.

the html5 ports are super shitty though, they desync with the sound a lot and are much slower

okay. i have ads blocked and all scripts blocked by default until allowed. you're not going to run malware in your comic, right?
boo. when html5 first came out they showed off all this shit it could do bigger and faster than flash, and on weaker computers.

Finished this page!

Attached: page 6.png (2250x3300, 3.84M)

hmm. good use of angles in first and third panels. good n' dynamic.

>you're not going to run malware in your comic
all comics are already malware. ...for your mind!

That's why I keep no fewer than six bottles of Chambraigne around at all times.

New update on Eerily lovely!

tapas.io/episode/1366965

webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/spook-spell-part-2/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=11

eerilylovely.smackjeeves.com/comics/2769329/spook-spell-part-2/

Getting used to the vertical format by now, lots of room for improvement. Share your thoughts, anons.

Attached: yay.jpg (709x1074, 341K)

Ha badass

is this done with a real marker? when you do crazy shit like the perspective warp, I find it hard to imagine how you'd plan something like this out
mute girl continues to be adorable
your handwriting leaves a bit to be desired I must say

That is hype, wish you could start making your lines cleaner already............................................................................................................cough........................

thats just a sketch tho, i dont feel i should put an effort in making sketch lines cleaner.

unrelated to that drawing my linework could be better though.

Right on, I believe in you.

i believe in the you that believes in the me who believes that you believe in me too, thank you.

Attached: r55.png (1432x1372, 276K)

you can still make surreal shit from still photos and gif images
>monster only moves when the lights are on
>flick-click, flick-click
>...
>... fli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-cli-click

Attached: Daughter of the Lilies.jpg (800x1200, 297K)

I think the other user is meaning how hairy your lines are, you need to be more confidant with them and actually have them go continuously, the multiple little lines make a good sketch look like someone with no line control did them. Carry out the lines and it'll look alot better, even a sketch should look good since most times its not the pen work that saves them

Oh I see. I had someone tell me that I had to give no shits about lines on sketches thats why I never tried on them. I dont do chicken lines on my normal linework but my lines ARE kinda... not completely straight, because my hands shake too much sadly.

this gets so much across, so succinctly

thank you, this one however fits the 3 main characters way better.

Attached: 73677960_p7.png (1432x1372, 235K)

You're right, the user you replied to is mistaken. Sketches can be extremely messy, and penwork is what saves them. That said, sometimes it helps to do a cleanup sketch phase between sketching and inks, if you aren't fully sure about something. You don't want to go in and hesitantly pick random lines from the sketch to ink, you want to be quite sure where the 'true' lines are.

not been posting much but I've been working on something so I'll keep posting some wips in the meantime!

Attached: 8.jpg (800x464, 332K)

Good stuff. Keep it up, I'm digging it.

>Deleted julia holter edition
this style is working. Hopefully you'll be able to get pages out at a decent pace like i think you said you were hoping to.

they're really not. the perspective is completely wrong, lol

of course it's wrong, but it's something

>page 10

>tfw planned to have cool immersive animations in my comic similar to homestuck because there weren't many others that did that
weird meta panels don't fit every story, but everyone can think them up. Anyone ever come up with any good ones?

Just finished my really crappy wakfu hentai.

FaustFall update! A VERY belated update...

tapas.io/episode/1367158

webtoons.com/en/challenge/faustfall/book-3-brother-pages-20-21/viewer?title_no=203841&episode_no=40

faustfall.smackjeeves.com/

Attached: 68.png (1100x1800, 3.32M)

Attached: 69.png (1100x1800, 3.27M)

>no responses
Step it up, lads

Attached: OOTS.gif (975x935, 138K)

There is nothing wrong with drawing R34, it's just harmless fun on the internet. Here's a picture I drew of me and Nyammers

Attached: please go out with me nyamo.png (947x943, 382K)

I think theres a big difference between drawing porn of fictional characters and actual real life people...

This is super cool! Where can I find more

But i don't look even near like her.

I wanted to post two pages this week since this one page doesn't add much on it's own, but I ain't got time.

Tapas: tapas.io/series/PREDATHEOSIS
Tumblr: predatheosis.tumblr.com/
Webtoons: webtoons.com/en/challenge/predatheosis/list?title_no=227480
DeviantART: federicoveyretou.deviantart.com/gallery/66121133/PREDATHEOSIS-Chapter-1-HELM8
Newgrounds: newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1434168/1
Russian translation by Prov22 : newgrounds.com/art/view/prov22/predatheosis-1-russian-translation

Attached: p003.png (600x800, 47K)

They're real to me =(

Huh, would not expect this to be the sort of setting that has family vacations

please undraw this

People from discord are asking you for moar.

i WISH people drew porn of me

Haha the madlad good stuff! you've improved a ton dude

nah i know i'm probably gonna have some minor animated pages, but i wanted to break the conventions a bit more and play around with some of the more interesting parts of the medium since i think it's pretty under-utilised
nah it's not necessarily meta stuff i was planning for, just some weird out of the box kind of shit that'd make sense with the narrative i've got going and a few events

I found the comic I made when I was 14
It lacks in every field but I gave me a chuckle

Attached: yess.png (1366x768, 551K)

Attached: uhgh.png (1043x900, 144K)

I know who you're referencing because I've been in a lot of earlier threads. Out of curiosity what happened to him/what did he do? Did he get chased away or something?

>Implying CF drew that

didnt give yourself much of a package there.

Line art pretty much done. I'm torn--do I make Gasparro smaller in the final panel--so that I can fit Edgar recoiling--or do I keep him large and explosive?

Attached: CI_Ch1_Pg58.png (940x1216, 514K)

keep large

wanna read. link?

I'm 100% sure cf didn't draw this. Totally not his artstyle.

The community has spoken, so large it shall remain.

tapas.io/series/The-Concord-Initiative

I think I've gotten substantially better since the start, so forgive the initial garbo.

Thanks for your input anons. Here is the next page for your viewing pleasure/pain.

Attached: Page 18.jpg (1280x1979, 545K)

I hate this website.

Attached: i hate you.png (957x745, 90K)

When are you going to do porn of me CF

I'd read that.

Hey that's not bad! I mean there's some problems, but of all the insulting drawings i've seen of me over the years this is the top of the pops. You missed a major opportunity to exaggerate my hirsuteness though. I mean look at those thin, manicured eyebrows. And everybody knows I don't wear underwears
I adore the little Sonichu-esque Hel necklace. I'm saving that.

fuck off coldfusion

Pretty sure that's an actual ape of the porn Chris-Chan did of himself fucking that one chick.

I've had people commission me to draw 34 of some internet person's avatar, and I did check it out to make sure they don't absolutely hate that first. I'd probably still do it, but I might take my name off and ask them not to post it online. In the most recent case they weren't enthralled by it but accepted it happens, and there was already pages of it in existence so one more wouldn't hurt.

It's amazing you were so self-aware back then to do something sweetbrohellajeff intentionally

Goodd reading comprehension you brain rotted smoothdome retard.

Oh so it's a multi-reference. Even more points! That explains why Nyamo looks like a generic hybrid of popular 2000s Shounen Jump manga characters
I think maybe the idea was to trick me into doing my own, to correct it? Then the real laughs would start.

honestly, i kind hate tg comics based on my very shitty experiences with them. so how does this stand out in a sea of guys fapping to the idea of becoming cute girls?

You cold hearted bitch just tell him he did a good job and tack it on the fridge, he's already banned from discord and you didn't add him as a friend so he can't PM you for references, give him a break

Attached: 1456255039195.png (205x246, 9K)

Finished sketching this couple pages.

Attached: pg17_18.png (940x6815, 832K)

I am fucking intrigued about what is going on here. though those were vertebrae for a second.
Currently I'm thinking the main guy is half whatever these guys are

honestly, it avoids the sex.
The guy also has his male mentality the entire time, and never looses site on who he is.
It's played up for comedy, not sexuality.
The main characters clearly love each other, and their is good chemistry between everyone.
The art shows off the fashion well, while keeping things classy instead of whorish.

If people like the characters, we were going to follow other cliche plots, which are more in line with the magical girlfriend genre, instead of the tg or fetish stories.

The tg is used as a hook to get people's attention, and then I'll phase it out for cute stories with the couple, as they try and make a magic/non-magic relationship work.

>you didn't add him as a friend
Nobody tried to friend me on Discord :(

If the AI wants to help and understand people, why not give it a human name? Your summary reminded me of a character named _Jane_ from the Ender's Game series. If you're trying to figure out what its human creators would call it, you can just play around with that name to establish parallelism. For example, name the AI "Rob" and have its corporate codename be a synonym like "Acquire," or make Rob actually an acronym for Rush Over Barriers (BarrierRush sounds vaguely tech-ey) or something.

>Then the real laughs would start.
Bro... it wouldn't be anything to laugh about if you draw something like this for real. People here would completely ignore you and filter you like crazy. You really remind me of myself before I shut myself in - I spouted weird shit and tried to act like an cartoon character thinking it would make me more "colorful" in the eyes of others. Please think twice before saying/doing something that could embarass you.

I'm real glad, my goal is making people interested in the story
>Currently I'm thinking the main guy is half whatever these guys are
clever

it's almost like that post was trolling
I would like to talk to you on discord though. hell I have Mitch on there

Well he can't add you because you guys won't let him in the server, and he doesn't have your friend code. Coldfusion just needs the right environment to blossom in, give him a chance.

You're describing me as a small child. It shows how kind of out of touch with the current situation you are though, that you think that's what's going on.
What these people want is to get something to point and laugh at. They're encouraging as much embarrassing behavior as possible, because that's their entertainment.

>because that's their entertainment.
They'll be laughting at you, not with you though. Please restrain yourself from doing this.

Wrong, I laugh at him AND with him. If there were two buttons "coldfusion leaves forever" vs. "coldfusion stays forever" I'd pick the latter. These threads would be pretty dead without him.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I've been around the mockblock a few times, I know how it works.
Then you get the ones pretending to be in support, then you get the ones pretending to be interested in you as a person but really gathering fuel. It's a whole thing.
Because successfully tricking others makes you feel more in control of the world that hurts you. They don't KNOW it's evil, it just feels like fun. Anyone can get pulled into that.

oh holy shit tomorrow's April Fools Day.
It sneaks up on you!

new page folks
tapas.io/episode/1367110

heres last weeks page tho

Attached: impish 61.png (2400x3450, 1.62M)

Attached: 1506219093975.png (575x495, 587K)

Wouldn't be tapas without lesbians!

alright you convinced me

let coldfusion into discord guys, it's time

I know this is a very late response, but thanks for the input. I'm gonna ditch the whole "story arc" idea and just do a single, longer than usual, meta comic. already have it written down.

Attached: it is time.jpg (300x176, 18K)

This. 2019, new year, new beginnings. Coldfusion has a lot to bring to the table, it's time to let bygones be bygones

isn't every year a new year?

how do i get my comic famous? anyone know?

Attached: D10KcLjUcAA7Ikd.jpg (1024x576, 105K)

inks are done for me short comic

Attached: tzu's intro comic2.png (708x1003, 694K)

with LUCK

Attached: fuchur.jpg (500x249, 23K)

1. good story
2. good art
3. good premise
4. FANSERVICE!
5. profit.

Is that really what CF looks like? Also what does Nyamo look like?

CF isn't completely accurate, but not too far off.

Attached: sean himself.jpg (737x607, 320K)

damn, those eyebrows are mesmerizing

Oh yeah, how could i have forgotten this super important epilogue to chapter 32!? Oh well, Guess I'll have to put it up tomorrow!

Oh god I thought what i just drew was fucked up but you beat me out there.

Attached: april fools page.png (2250x3300, 718K)

Im not a fan of flat grays. I think this is perfectly readable and looks much better than the alternative you posted

That is just such an awful picture. For some reason a lot of photos turn out that way. my face looks super fucking fat and my hair turns into a bird's nest.
That's also really old though, and one I took at my mom's behest because I was leaving the state and she wanted more pictures of me.
I really wish you'd stop posting it. I think a relative put it on facebook without asking.

I want to be honest here, I enjoy NTR mind break mangas featuring fat old businessmen. Coldfusion would be PERFECT

>nyamo is the artist gf of some nerdy guy with a dead podcast
>she gets blackmailed by this neckbear
>nerd is doing the podcast to 2 listeners in the other room while CF is balls deep in Nyamo's mouth in the next room over
>after the podcast he calls her
>Nyamo tells him she's out with some girlfriends, trying to muffle the sex sounds in the background
>he asks her how she liked the manuscript he sent her (they're collaborating on a comic)
>she says she's been a bit busy and hadn't had time to look at it yet
>it's right underneath her on the table where CF is piledriving her
>she hurriedly says she has to go and hangs up as she can't contain the moans anymore before wrapping her legs around CF's doughy figure
>CF finishes on her face and the manuscripts

Attached: 1460016594472.jpg (456x750, 67K)

i think people understand. everyone's had a bad photo.

See? He's not even trying to hide it.

Just leave your trip on all the time you fucking basket case.

ah yes, you look so much better in your other photos.

Attached: coldfusion irl.png (640x480, 562K)

so this is the power of /hyw/...

he cute. like a smaller nerdy hagrid

Looks like Peter Jackson after a year living in the hills of New Zealand.

I'm glad somebody saved that one at least.

this is the wip of a comic that i'm doing for a school proyect, those are three of my oc's, the idea just a sitcom with adult humor, this one will be the pilot for the comic

Attached: portada_comic2.png (1870x2067, 910K)

I love this art.

I hate /hyw/

Attached: 443b718d38e0ea91523f60603d2853b381b03a61.jpg (700x535, 81K)

b-brah!! thanks! i'll be posting here every updates

Attached: 51327386_2200172980297790_8652990162218778624_n.jpg (480x431, 21K)

>without asking
All they did was light a match, and you're screaming FIRE BAD

well we love you

Not really, just finding it a little uncomfortable having the match so close to my face.

what about nyamo? didn't she draw herself at some point?

Society made you think that's uncomfortable, that's all

society tries to make me feel bad for what I see in the mirror
I feel bad when I see a photo that doesn't look like the mirror. then I bust out my old digital camera and make sure it's just phone cameras that hate me. i just snapped one and shared with some friends. problem is that sucker just devours batteries.

Attached: 1546214033108.jpg (408x612, 45K)

it's that guy from Whitest Kids U'Know
the one who also played quicksilver

I think the real problem is society made you unhappy with what you see in the photo.

What's the best place to post art and webcomics?

a website.

for real though I can't fap to this, post an actual sexy pic of nyamo. for reference purposes

I need a full body one too maybe with her smiling, why doesn't she just smile??

fanservice and/or luck.
mostly luck.

How do I encourage myself to draw a page thats too difficult.

Also, is it normal to start a second comic to rest your mind from the first comic?

Attached: 1529630549240.png (373x380, 49K)

>Opens thread
Hey guys, what's happen--
>Sees thread
>Closes thread

Sometimes you go back to the sketch phase and try to redraw it. another angle can help explain things to your brain too. usually when I experience that, it's all about angles. what are you having difficulty with?
Making another comic isn't exactly rest...

>How do I encourage myself to draw a page thats too difficult.
Take a nap and come back to your sketches after you've not looked at them in a while.

>Also, is it normal to start a second comic to rest your mind from the first comic?
It's normal but it's never a good idea. Don't go too far into the abyss, you need to breathe.

How do i learn perspective and drawing stuff from different angles

have godly visualization and just imagine all of that shit in your head easily
if you're stupid like the rest of us and can't do that then you just have to look at objects at every angle with references and draw it all out until its just muscle memory

well this is getting creepy. remind me to never post anything near personal around my comic.

even the human body?

guide lines
You can be super careful and something unexpected that you had no knowledge of can still mess it up. Just have a good attitude about it, and pray for the people who would deliberately try to hurt you. Whatever you're going through, they're staring ten times worse in the face.

yes, especially that
what, do you think you can visualize how the head looks like a 3/4ths birds eye view?

It used to be a golden rule not to share private shit on the internet. This has changed in the past few years to make it easier for megacorps to harvest demographic data.

Motivation and style.

I miss those days.

>visualize how the head looks like a 3/4ths birds eye view
How would i even get references for that

What's truly amazing is how everyone was willing to give up their personal information--for absolutely nothing.

Ok you fucks take it to a chat room or something, this shit ain't webcomics.

What kind of personal information

Nah, that's no big shock. That's what happens when normies get on the internet. The group we're part of was once the strange intruders onto the net, too, back when it was all usenet and everyone online was a college student. difference is, our net IMPROVED things. added something. this movement was all subtraction.
The amazing part is how it hurt all of us, even those who never put our pictures online. They find a way, sometimes.
And remember when you could put your email up for people to contact you with?

>Internet privacy isn't related to webcomic creators marketing themselves and interacting online isn't related
>Coldpedo sperging out is
Just die

>And remember when you could put your email up for people to contact you with?
That's still available

Coldpedo sperging is entertaining in a trainwreck sort of way.

If you don't mind getting spammed into oblivion, sure.

WIP of page 15 of M&P ch2

Attached: file.png (568x869, 647K)

Not to harp on such a tiny detail, but if you had any idea how much I love when people huck potions at other people.

throwaways are easy enough to set up and have forward to your proper mail so you dont have to constantly check it manually.
I have my email in the google doc list set up like that.
On the off chance some random fan wants to tell me how much they love me...

I still have mine up, I just hate how I'm the only one. when I want to contact somebody, it's just "here's my twitter!" no.. i want to contact YOU. not with everyone on the whole internet watching
I want to let you know there's an error on your site, or that I love your work, or here's some fanart, without everyone breathing down our necks.

Is it normal to just give up on a page? Its not only that it ended up being a disaster but also that I dont FEEL like fixing it, I just want to skip to the next one. Should I just take a break?

Attached: D3CB01nWoAUXwy8.jpg large.jpg (1555x2048, 1.21M)

You've been putting a lot of work into your comic lately and improving a lot, it's understandable if you're hitting some struggles. What's with the lined paper?
anyway with your story you can't just skip a page. this page looks fine, the only thing I'd change is the arm-wiping motion (usually it's palm-out and the elbow crease shouldnt be so sharp in that kimono) and the arm proportions in the last panel.

I think the tree on the first panel and the village on the last one are awful too.

Obviously im not gonna "skip" a page yeah, its a continued story, I just mean im not gonna redraw anything, just mark lines, color, bam, next one. I think I might be too depressed to draw currently.

>lined paper
I have been using it since the start of the comic, and it will end with this chapter once I complete the sketchbook. Then ill move either to non-lined paper or to digital depending on several things.

Thank you.

Yeah you just need a break.

alright then, ill take another one. I need to get over the idea that I have to complete this comic before the year ends, its impossible anyways.

gotta let the comic set its own pace.

just buy a roll of printer paper, it's usually 500 pages for a couple of bucks. Way cheaper than a sketchbook.

beautifull

Attached: 1553171147167.png (256x256, 66K)

>pray for the people who would deliberately try to hurt you
Posting an unflattering photo doesn't hurt you, you pussy. It'd be nice if people respected the boundaries of others, but this all started because CF thinks having boundaries makes you the bad guy.

Oh, so that's where it started.

tapas, comicfury, smackjeeves, and webtoon.

if professional though, hiveworks. if all else fails, make your own website.

is new thread guy here?

That I am.
Just finished adding Qs to new thread. Just sitting and waiting now.

quality guy

let it die

Migrate